Post New Thread
Volume Control by Mel
I have a Pioneer 486SXE TV. Can anyone tell me how to programme the sky remote controller to adjust the volume on the above telly. Thanks Gravity is a myth The earth sucks
October 21st 06 07:27 AM
by Mel Go to last post
2 160
Why no PDC? by Staiger
Does anyone know why there is no PDC-equivalent on DTTV? One would think the designers of the standard must have been well aware of the PDC facility on analogue broadcasts. Did they deliberately leave it out? Or have the broadcasters simply not implemented it? In either case, why? Thack
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 20th 06 10:58 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
22 600
Freesat/freeview recording by Jill Clarkson
Hi, sorry I'm not replying to your question. But thought you might be able to help with mine. I purchased a Toshiba recently with integrated Freeview and a Sony HX525 DVD recorder (analogue tuner). I managed, just on one occasion, to set up the EPG on the DVD recorder (Guideplus) but then lost it and have notbeen able to get it back. Was this
October 20th 06 07:38 PM
by Chris Leuty Go to last post
9 249
HDD Media Players by Jane T
Seen this hard drive media player from Maplins http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99078&TabID=1&source=1&doy=19m10 Does anyone have any experience with these HDD media players. Do they work 100%, what is the quality of the audio and vision, is the fan noisy. Can anyone recommend anything better. I like the idea being able to move it easily between TV's/Hi-Fi. Ideally I would...
October 20th 06 09:04 AM
by Jon Go to last post
4 136
NTL strangeness! by Brian Wescombe
Two weeks ago, I got the NTL free TV pack, which is basically the Freeview channels plus Sky One. Until the weekend I was getting National Geographic as well, which I didn't complain about! Now that's not available, but I'm getting the kids' channels instead (Nick Toons etc). Perhaps I've got some weird random package!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 11:21 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
15 273
BBC Trust - no idea engineering experience whatsoever by DAB sounds worse than FM
The members of the new BBC Trust have been announced, and there is not a single person with ANY knowledge of engineering / technical issues on it whatsoever. The BBC Governors did have a communications engineering professor on it, although a fat lot of good he did in stopping the BBC adopting the ridiculously out-of-date DAB system. Also, the BBC is actually unregulated with respect to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 19th 06 07:10 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
213 2,121
danger from plasmas/LCDs by Bill Wright
So basically then, no-one knows whether plasmas and LCDs have toxic chemicals in the screen in significant quantities. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 06:54 PM
by Dominic Go to last post
13 320
Digihome PVR160 in Argos by Mike Dyer
Well I've owned it 5 days now. The only niggle is the 7 day epg only ever seems to have the next three days in it. Though you can program it like a video recorder, so it's not the end of the world. It timer records on standby as well, so doesn't take over the telly (ref earlier posts)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 06:42 PM
by BORG Go to last post
15 539
Reduced price projector anyone? by Ian
http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct_clearancebarg ains&pid=HITA-PJLC9W -- Ian
October 19th 06 02:59 PM
by David Go to last post
1 140
freefootball.org. by Sacred
So where does one stand legally with watching football on this via PPMate?
October 19th 06 02:29 PM
by Bazzer Smith Go to last post
2 382
[?] Start-up fault on Panasonic TX32DTX40 (Euro9D chassis) by David Chapman
Hi, Does anyone have any experience of any stock faults relating to the Panasonic TX32DTX40 television (EURO9D) that they'd care to share? I'm particularly interested in any power-supply related faults which would explain a problem on switch-on where the TV attempts to start up and then almost immediately shuts down again. I do have the full Service Manual to hand.
October 19th 06 02:07 PM
by David Chapman Go to last post
9 276
Aerial Installation. by Terry
Hi Does anybody have any experience of Yorkshire Satellite Ltd. Regards
October 19th 06 09:52 AM
by Terry Go to last post
0 128
Sony SVR-S500 and how to break it within two hours of buying it.... by [email protected]
Confession time.. I purchased one of the above at the weekend, took it home, set it up and all was lovely. Being a bloke, I then decided to wander through the menu options....with not so fantasic results. Basically, I've changed command mode from HDD1 to HDD2 and now the remote doesn't work. The manual basically says "Don't do it!!" Any ideas on how I reset this back to the factory standard?
4 882
Need help. Anyone know about a house electrics newsgroup? by Marky P
Hi, My fuse box keeps tripping when my telly & washing machine are on together. Seperately, fine. I know this is such the wromg NG, but I know there are a few clever people here. If not, can someone point me in the right direction? BTW, fuse is 32A. Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 01:35 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
15 320
Some channels break up on Sky - dish out of position? by h
As per the subject - on our Sky box, ITV3 and a few other channels intermittently show "Satellite signal not being received". Majority of channels never show this problem. Could this be down to our dish being out of alignment? Quite happy to pop up a ladder with my little squeally-meter-box thing, just not sure why only some channels are affected; are satellite channels grouped together...
October 18th 06 10:13 PM
by h Go to last post
4 276
Digital transmitter power by Ben
I've just been looking at Arqiva's contract to supply the new 'high power' digital transmitters post analogue switchoff and was amazed to discover that my home town (population 5,000) and surrounding area is to be served by a transmitter power of less than 2 watts!!! http://www.arqiva.com/upload/pdf/PROVISION_OF_NETWORK_ACCESS.pdf Fair enough its into an 11dB antenna, giving 24W ERP, which is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 06 09:41 PM
by Zathras Go to last post
44 798
Channel 29 Problem by Geoff Lane
My daughter lives in Hemel Hempstead (HP1 2TE), her aerial points at Crystal Palace. I fiited a Proception proMHD14V - four-way amplifier in the loft serving two feeds. My BT I-Player+ box shows good quality signal on all channels however, viewing Film4 on Saturday I started to get regular pixelation, on checking the diagnostic channel menu it showed quality varying between 80% and down to 50%.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 06 06:41 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
16 274
OT Satellite Installers by Terry
Anybody know somebody who will do me a complere satellite installion to access Hotbird in the Grimsby area. Regards
October 18th 06 03:32 PM
by Terry Go to last post
8 256
double outlets by Bill Wright
I *think* I'm worrying about nothing? But before I hook it all up I'd just like to be sure I'm not risking damaging anything... Well it wouldn't cross my mind to worry about that. If any equipment is putting significant voltage at more than a few mA on the coax then it wants sorting anyway.
October 18th 06 11:45 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 163
Double coaxial socket for cable / terrestial TV? by Lobster
Daughter has a terrestrial TV aerial outlet in her bedroom, fed from a mast amplifier. During a refurb of her room I've taken the opportunity to run a second cable to her room, fed from a spare output of an existing distribution system which is hooked up to the cable TV box in the living room - this is a very Heath-Robinson affair, which transfers a just-about-tolerable version of whatever...
October 18th 06 08:50 AM
by Doctor D Go to last post
1 177
Post New Thread