Post New Thread
Aerial installer in Newport? by Matti Lamprhey
I live in Newport (the city) and get my DTT channels from Mendip. Signal strength is good but I suffer from sporadic break-up which I assume is caused by impulsive interference. Typically this will happen very irregularly with an MTBF of 20 minutes and an MTTR of a second. The aerial was replaced with DTT in mind in late 2002 approx. I'd like to get a local expert in to see if things can be...
October 27th 06 10:08 AM
by Matti Lamprhey Go to last post
0 102
Humax 9200T autopadding by Jeff Layman
Just got a 9200T (software version 08) that doesn't appear to be autopadding. Is there a preference in the setup somewhere to enable/disable this that I haven't spotted? -- Jeff (cut "thetape" to reply)
October 26th 06 08:24 PM
by Victor Delta Go to last post
3 129
look North Ex-pat list by Dave Fawthrop
Paultheweatherman on Look North has started a list of those watching Look North in non English locations. He naturally has some in Southern France and Spain, receiving Astra2D on huge dishes. Now am waiting for someone high up in the BBC to complain that ex-pats are not supposed to be watching and are infringing the BEEB's copyright or something. -- Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk...
October 26th 06 07:09 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
4 155
Has anyone got a Slingbox? by JPG
Seeing quite a few of these about for about 180 - has anyone used one? How do they control a PVR, such as the Humax 9200t or Sky+. They are supposed to adjust bitrates on the the fly so that you always get the best picture for the conditions - virtually full bitrate for home networking, allowing you to watch TV on your laptop in the bedroom, for example; and bitrate reducing when on the...
4 167
Sky Sports on Freeview ? by Keith
Hello I'm aware that there was some discussion earlier in the year, about Sky Sports possibly being made available through Top Up TV, to Freeview. I really don't want to have to subscribe to Sky, as all I want are the sport channels.....does anyone know if this is going to happen? If so, when? I've had a look at the Freeview site, but there is nothing regarding
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 25th 06 11:24 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
50 772
I'm aerial installing this Saturday :-) by Marky P
I'm installing an aerial for my best mate this weekend. He's recently moved into a flat above a night club & the loft aerial is ok, but there's interference from passing motorbikes, so I'm sticking it on the roof. Ideal working conditions, nice flat roof to stick a step ladder on, should get me high enough. Got a proper 9x9 bracket and anchor bolts. There is an aerial outside at the mo, but...
October 25th 06 09:54 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
8 154
Michael Schumacher prog by Peter
There was an ITV programme by Murray Walker on Michael Schumachers career the other night - unfortunatley it wasn't broadcat on ITV Wales - can anyone point me towards anywhere where I may download the prog - or advise if it is going to be repeated? -- Cheers
October 25th 06 02:04 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 118
Connecting TV VCR and DVD recorder by Linedancer
We have a new Panasonic LCD TV : TX-32LXD60 with 2 scart sockets Old Analogue Panasonic VCR with 1 scart socket New DVD recorder Liteon-5115 GHC with 2 scart sockets The VCR is linked by scart to the DVD, the aerial input is in to the DVD, the output linked to the TV. The VCR scart socket is AV1 We record our old VHS tapes to DVD which works fine,
October 25th 06 11:29 AM
by Linedancer Go to last post
3 961
Freeview with no scart??? by [email protected]
I just installed a freeview box for my neice which works fine. The aerial goes into the RF in and i have another RF lead going from the RF out to the TV, and also a scart lead from the box to the TV The RF lead allows BBC1 - Channel 5 on the regular channels (also Sky, fed from downstairs, is tuned into Channel 6) and the freeview works over the scart channel but.......i cannot tune in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 06 11:45 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
19 388
Poor aerial distribution system in new flat by Marky P
My ex sister in law recently moved into a new flat in Rushden, Northants. I had a look at the property & there was a reasonable aerial system installed on the roof. Anyway, she needed me to connect her telly & freeview box up, so I did. Analogue reception was marred by what looked like co-channel interference (diagnal lines) on two channels. Freeview seems ok though. Also, there is another...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 06 10:16 PM
by Bill Go to last post
12 316
LCD/plasma dangers? by Bill Wright
I have to install a large screen in a mental hospital. If someone smashes the screen will there be any leakage of toxic substances? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 06 12:40 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
18 268
Humax 9200 by Spanner
Hello Is the output from the Humax 9200 in digital format or analogue? Will it work on HD TV when programs commence. Gordon
October 24th 06 08:48 AM
by Gendy Go to last post
8 215
Unique problem - Can you solve it! by -
This is a job I went to recently which proved a bit difficult. I've solved the problem now (pretty sure I have anyway) but wondered if there was another way for future reference. Basically, this house is big. Got to be around 3 million or maybe more. A brace of maids and cleaners / cooks were busy keeping the place tidy and delivering crisp white towels to the inside swimming pool. Cables...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 23rd 06 04:16 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
16 277
ITV & Channel 4 missing on digital tv by Nildram news
Hi all, I'm in Harrow, more or less half way between Cristal Palace & Hemel Hempstead but whichever way I'm pointing the aerial and do a rescan, I can't seem to get the ITV channels or Channel 4. I am getting all the other channels and the signal is (according to the freeview box) decent (although a bit better towards Hemel Hempstead). Am I missing something ? Bernard
October 23rd 06 12:31 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
9 295
What's a cheap/easy way to get freeview in N3 1RD (Dollis Rd) by [email protected]
Is there an easy way to get freeview working in N3 1RD? I checked on wolfbane: http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?DX=L&HT=10&OS=n3+1rd It says that... I need an "Amplified extra hi-gain" antenna, whatever that means. How many DB is the "extra hi-gain" anyhow? Basically I'm 14 miles from Crystal Palace where the transmitter is and, about 2/3rds of the way down a hill, so being near the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 23rd 06 12:23 PM
by David Go to last post
26 532
Good news perhaps - Quiz Call to go from Freeview, to be replaced by something "outside the call-TV market" by Adrian B
Channel 4 to sell off, sell out Quiz Call Channel 4 is to sell off Ostrich Media, it's subsidiary responsible for producing Quiz Call. According to Broadcast, the deal does not include the channel's Freeview slot, and Channel 4 will be using the space to launch a new service "outside the call-TV market" From http://members.lycos.co.uk/deeteetee/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 23rd 06 11:58 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
14 448
Angus TX changes? by Jim Lesurf
A couple of days ago I checked the MUX power levels reported by my Nokia 221T DTTV RX. These seem to have dropped in an odd pattern. I have spent some time during the last couple of days checking my antenna, cables, etc. So far as I can tell, they are fine. The details are as follows: Mux Ch Prev Now Change C 56 -60 -74 -14 A 59 -58 -58 0
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 06 11:54 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
14 296
What shall I charge? by Bill Wright
The resident of a sheltered housing scheme complained about the TV reception. The scheme is in a town a long way from here; most of that association's properties being much closer. I went out there today. There was nothing wrong with the TV distribution system. The tenant had a cable TV connection which allowed them to view but not to record and didn't allow reception in the bedroom. They...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 22nd 06 11:33 PM
by Roly Go to last post
21 481
Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Edster wrote: Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing, it's quite distinctive during pauses or prolonged silences. If I convert it to wav and open it in Cool Edit, the overall volume is also much louder than it used to be (the waveform is larger). It fills about 60% of the screen rather than the 30-40% it was until...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 22nd 06 07:38 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
45 674
Set Top Boxes - Serial connections by [email protected]
Hi, I notice that my three STBs all have a serial connection of sorts on the back. Humax F2-FOX T - RS-232C (mini-DIN?) Philips DTR320 - RS-232 D-socket Philips DTR1500 - RJ-9 socket Are these of any use to an ordinary (reasonably computer literate)
October 22nd 06 06:59 PM
by Hawkins Go to last post
3 234
Post New Thread