Post New Thread
MatsuiM1602 PVR by Woody[_5_]
Has anyone either got a circuit diagram of the PSU of this beasty, or failing that know where I can get a 8S100L (or equivalent) thermistor which is in line with the supply presumably to stop surge. They are available from the likes of CPC but a 1 device (or less) and 4 P&P seems a bit of a waste of time. The device is continuous rated 1A, is 10R @ 25C, and 1R2 at 50% load and 0R68 at...
February 15th 15 04:06 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
0 182
Sony Radio Repair by Norman Wells[_6_]
I have a tiny 23 year-old Sony radio (ICF-SW1) that has developed what appears to be a standard fault of distorted sound through the speaker but not via headphones. All the websites I've been to seem to think it's a capacitor problem and that they all need replacing. It's a quality bit of kit so I'd like it repaired, but I don't have the confidence to fiddle about with something so small...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
19 1,263
BBC Codecs and black hair by Vir Campestris
Is it just me, or do the Beeb have a problem with dark hair? I've noticed it before on TOTP1979, where if someone with an Afro jumps up and down the hair lags behind. But it's old stuff, coming off old film, and probably cheaply digitised. And Afro haircuts are sadly lacking these days. But tonight I noticed Miliband's hair doing it on the news. Andy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 14th 15 06:25 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
26 341
Freeview PVR Purchase Advice Please by george
Does anyone have suggestions regarding a suitable Freeview (Not HD) PVR? Is the Goodmans Twin Tuner any good? I only want one as a secondary recorder. Thanks for any advice George ---
February 13th 15 07:59 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
2 194
Unusual Oxford Ch 8 problem by vigman[_2_]
I have an unusual problem. I have a Humax Freeview HD PVR downstairs and a TVonics Freeview HD PVR upstairs, off the SAME professionally installed roof aerial. The Humax now tunes to the Oxford Test Transmission on Channel 8. However, the TVonics box does not. It has BBC3 on 7 and BBC4 on 9 but manually selecting channel 8 reverts to BBC3 on ch 7? I have updated all software for the TVonics...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 13th 15 06:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
25 450
Soft-skills training for employees via E-learning by [email protected]
Soft-skills training use full for employee what good looks like and giving the some introductory practice opportunities. Soft-skills are important port in a company culture. Please have a look at few E-learning samples: http://www.elearningserv.com/blog/demo/
0 156
Using PC as Terrestrial/Satellite recorder - obsolete? by David[_13_]
Does nobody use PCs as TV recorders any more? The decoder cards available on the Internet (Hauppauge and TBS) seem to be very old stock (judging by the reviews and the OS support quoted) and the Hauppauge card costs more than a stand alone receiver with USB recording (e.g. Humax HB-1000s for £74.99 at John Lewis). Is this a dying market? What are the benefits compared to using streaming...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 11th 15 09:36 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
54 778
What TV recording kit do I need? by Lobster
I'm a bit bewildered by the various options available. Currently have Virgin Tivo, but it doesn't permit streaming around the house which is what I want. I also have a NAS box (Netgear ReadyNAS Duo v2) on to which I can save downloaded video files, which I can them view on any one of three TVs, all of which are either smart TVs or ethernet-connected via a streaming box. So, basically, I want...
February 11th 15 08:19 AM
by Lobster Go to last post
3 222
suspicious by Bill Wright[_2_]
Over the years we've had a few of these. They ring up and tell you what they want, and don't seem too interested in the price. You go along and do the job. Every second you're there there's someone watching you. Certain areas of the premises are out of bounds. No-one seems too interested in the results of the job. There are various people there who you can't place within the group; young...
February 11th 15 02:15 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
9 237
The wit and wisdom of Ben, 5 by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I wonder what he was basing his appraisal on though?. One assumes its a visual sign of some kind. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active "Bill Wright" wrote in message ... Ben: You don't go to work now do you, Grandad? Me: No.
February 11th 15 02:14 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
1 166
spotted in a flat by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20150203_142623.jpg Bill
6 231
More cable nonsense by Richard Tobin
http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/8041/audioquest-diamond-rj-e-ethernet-cable-12m From a Register article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/09/perfect_your_mp3_listening_pleasure_with_this_bonkers_ethernet_cable/ -- Richard
February 10th 15 09:12 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
9 238
Just seen on subtitles for the deaf by [email protected]
On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:11:04 +0000, Bill Wright wrote: "...at a pressure of 40,000 per square inch." Tony Blair's wallet ?
February 10th 15 12:32 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 142
Anyone know if BBC iPlayer is using HTML5 yet by Phi
........it is time to get rid of Flash_Player. http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-get-rid-of-adobe-flash-and-its-endless-security-holes/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 15 09:34 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
13 954
HDR 1010 missing recordings by tim.....
I've just bought an Humax HDR 1010 which I am using to record "complete series" (using series link) from the rerun channels accordingly I don't inspect it on a day to day basis to check what it has recorded three times now it has failed to record a day's programming of a specific program and then doesn't update to point to the next day's either. It just sits there telling me that the next...
February 10th 15 07:28 AM
by PeeGee Go to last post
3 268
Why no OTA recording and internet use possible? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have a Panasonic PVR DMR-HWT130. It will record two Freeview channels without problem, but will not allow internet (network) usage such as BBC iPlayer if recording even just one channel OTA. Do other Freeview PVRs have the same restriction? If so, why? Is it a limitation of processor power or limited memory availability? -- Jeff
February 8th 15 08:11 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
9 256
two way splitter ... by marc
Question: If one uses a two way splitter with 1 parabola head, can two tuners play and receive all stations? (eg 1 records, one plays). I have a tv with sat tuner, and a box with viaccess card ... http://www.amazon.com/RCA-DH24SPF-Two-Bi-Di-Splitter/dp/B0018BQR84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423349449&sr=8-1&keywords=two+way+splitter
February 7th 15 10:52 PM
by David Woolley[_2_] Go to last post
1 180
Language of station names by tedjrr[_4_]
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that the railways had a UIC based agreement that stations would be referred to in their local form to avoid confusion. Thus Aachen is Aachen on SNCF, and not Aix-la-Chapelle, Milan is Milano, etc. But yesterday the train that I was waiting for was posted as Luik via Hoei and Namen. It took a while to realise that Namen was Namur and the the other two...
February 7th 15 08:02 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
8 357
Laser-like beam? RF experts required by Steve Thackery[_2_]
I've just found this, which looks interesting: http://adrokgroup.com/ In particular see the Technology and Services page. Apparently it's a ground penetrating radar which can "see" up to 4km into the ground. It can also identify the various materials through which the beam travels, providing what they call "virtual borehole" technology
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 15 04:47 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
46 2,386
Lenovo Yoga by Phi
I have just bought a Lenovo Yoga and I am having trouble with downloading Firefox, it keeps wanting me to sign up to Google.........that I will not do. Does anyone know if Google now dominates the Android unverse. If so, then I send the kit back to Amazon and get a Windows device.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 15 08:52 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
20 402