Post New Thread
How to spoil a nice building by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Langsett%20waterworks.jpg /data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXty46R1mhcbONrLkO8LJeA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 9th 15 11:43 PM
by Mr Guest Go to last post
34 848
How the disabled are ripped off by Bill Wright[_2_]
110Ah deep discharge battery sold through some disability industry outlets: £149.95. Exact same battery sold for golf buggy: £60 Flightsafe device: £30. This is a three pin XLR plug with pins 1 and 2 shorted, in red plastic. This inhibits the scooter operation. Cost of manufacture will be about £1. 115mm rubber tyred jockey wheel, 20mm bo Disability shops: £18. Various other places:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 8th 15 05:16 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
368 2,238
Dropbox users. by Brian-Gaff
I know some post their pictures here and then copy a link to this group. However the last two updates received to the program, 3.10.6 and 7 have a serious issue. they delete the copy public link, and other options in the context menu of the dropbox folder when its opened from the desktop or the tray icon. In the first case, it was deleted as soon as it installed, and in the second, they remain...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 6th 15 11:16 AM
by Chris Youlden[_3_] Go to last post
11 325
Retuning the TV - naive question by Another John
I needed to retune our Freeview TV(s) to recapture ITV4 - as far as I could see, the only channel that had gone awol. Retuning always takes several minutes, but this time our main TV (Sony ) took about 45 minutes before it reached "100%". Is there a rational explanation for this? I thought that perhaps I should have taken the aerial feed out of the PVR and put it directly into the TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 5th 15 07:49 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
38 934
Programmes produced for BBC by DerekF[_2_]
Many BBC programmes are made by outside companies. With New Tricks the titles at the end of the programme show it is made by a company called Headstrong Pictures owned by Warner Brothers for BBC. How does this system work? Are the programmes scripted by BBC and produced for them and they then own the programme? Can such programmes if no longer wanted by BBC then be offered to other TV...
October 5th 15 06:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 330
First VW, now: "EU probes TV makers over energy efficiency test scores" by Java Jive[_2_]
"EU probes TV makers over energy efficiency test scores" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34412501 These things go in Darwinian cycles ... A case of: "Plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose!" Scandals like the above, and the VW one, and the horse meat one, are uncovered, in these days now that investigative reporting is almost dead usually more by luck than judgement, so legislation is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 15 11:49 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 308
Is the old Crawley court building still there? by Brian-Gaff
I always remember a friend saying the building design made it look like it had partially melted and drooped at some point! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
October 2nd 15 02:51 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
1 235
Classic FM by Brian-Gaff
Is now in stereo on Freeview. So somebody must have been listening after all. Pity so many other stations are not though, such as Smooth and magic. Which brings me to dab. Here not even r4X is stereo, which it is on Freeview, Same seems to go for Asian Network etc. Most of the Absolute channels are mono as is Jazz fm and most of the other pop and ethnic and god stations of DAB. I think they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 15 11:14 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
18 527
TV Freeview picture breaking up, New 4G transmitter and Aeroplanes by john west
Suddenly in the last month or so our Freeview television picture is suddenly breaking up. We got a visit from the 'at800' Engineer who fitted a filter in-line before our television aerial amplifier. Apparently we have a new phone 4G transmitter installed quite near. The engineer said his readings were within accepted limits. We are about 15 miles north east of Heathrow Airport and get a lot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 1st 15 11:43 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
85 2,079
Misheard title, 45 years on. by Graham.[_5_]
Thought I would re-tube (to coin a phrase) something I have just posted in another place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHgKZgNtsEk On today’s edition of BBC Radio Four’s “The Film Program”, there was an interview with Walter Murch, the Sound Editor of one of Charles Lucas early sci-fi films called “THX1138”
October 1st 15 06:16 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
3 354
How does closing BBC Three save any money? by Scott[_2_]
I see the 'closure' of BBC Three has not been postponed until after Christmas. I still don't see how this move will save any money at all. If BBC Three continues on-line then the production costs are still there. The multiplex is still there, apparently with BBC One+1 so so savings in transmission costs. Is it maybe that rights cost less if the audience is smaller? On a related theme, is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 15 08:28 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 497
CSI by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just happened to notice that although CSI finished some time ago, there is a one-off two-hour special entitled "Immortality" on Channel 5 tonight at 2200. This reunites some of the old team members, including William Petersen (Gil) and Marg Helgenberger (Catherine). Also, starting next week on Tuesday at 2200 on Channel 5 is the spin-off series CSI Cyber. --
September 30th 15 09:45 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
2 203
Low bitrate Labour! by Bill Wright[_2_]
What on earth is wrong with the video quality from the Labour conference? I'm watching Mr Corbyn and on both BBC1 SD and Sky News SD the quality is shocking, really poor very low bitrate stuff. On BBC HD News it's significantly better but still not very good. The strap across the bottom is as clear as normal, but the actual picture keeps freezing momentarily, blurring, etc. How can this be?
September 29th 15 10:10 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
8 285
Battle of Britain Flight by Davey
I wanted to watch the event today, and BBC1 told me this morning that it would be shown on Red Button. The start was delayed by rain, but it did start, and BBC News was covering it as the 'planes were taking off from Goodwood. But then Jeremy Corbin arrived at the TUC, and the celebration of our Wartime heroes was summarily shut off so that he could be shown. And I never found it on the Red...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 29th 15 02:13 PM
by Davey Go to last post
118 1,199
Maps.me weird happening by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was sitting in a quiet and rather posh cafeteria when my phone dinged 23 times. It had received (or generated?) 23 'notifications' from maps.me. They appeared to be all the same message but in different languages. I mentioned this to my son and he'd had the same thing. Anyone else had this? What goes on? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 15 04:04 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
13 354
Danger Mouse by Brian-Gaff
I see the Kiddies channel of the beeb are plugging this, so I wondered if the semi adult humour was going to be in the new series, or whther its just been made Child specific. No it was not of course rude, but some of the puns and jokes were quite sophisticated back in the day. One of the voices of the original is dead, and the other too old methinks, so lets hope the new voices are not...
September 27th 15 01:53 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
1 222
Buzz words wind me up. by Brian-Gaff
Here are a few of them,which sadly certain people use a lot in interviews ont' telly. We have to consult our STAKEHOLDERS and then LEVERAGE their views into an OVERARCHING policy which defines our MISSION STATEMENT. So you're going to ask the customer what they want and then use it to plug your company. I do hope it increases your FOOTFALL and MARKET PENETRATION Grumble. Brian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 25th 15 02:11 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
192 1,492
Mendip by James H[_2_]
For the last few weeks the signal from Mendip has been awful. I thought it was my aerial and promised to fix it 'one day'. At its worst the signal drops to around S4 by the sets meter. The aerial is in the loft and has worked fine up until the last few weeks when all of this constant retuning has taken place. Today while out there was a tv to keep customers amused in a local waiting room and...
September 25th 15 11:11 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
9 264
Freeview 131 BBC Parlement by David[_9_]
Emley Moor no sound. Regards David
September 24th 15 05:13 PM
by Jimbo /p Go to last post
8 328
slow computer update by Gary[_4_]
Hi Some time ago I was asking about trying to get space and speeding up my ageing computer. It was suggested that ssd would be the way to go. I have now fitted a 2TB Seagate sshd hybrid disk. I also had to fit a SATA3 port and I can tell you guys it is good, The speed is soooo much better. The boot time is now 2 min saving around 3 min and the performance on the programs is also smoother...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 23rd 15 02:17 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
37 617