Post New Thread
Parliamentary mathematician needed by Brian Gaff
No they don't they are probably in the pub. They have what is called a division. In my view this need to be changed. There should be free annon votes just like we have in the elections. Seems to me that a lot of those who don't want to be pinned down are mysteriously missing when a contentious vote takes place. Brian
June 14th 17 11:03 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
1 68
Rattle by Brian Gaff
I notice that my faithful aerial in the loft is rattling when the wind blows through the tiles. No sign of any issues as yet, but maybe the local wildlife have learned how to use screwdrivers. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 17 10:30 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
16 108
BBC not keeping me signed in. by Phi
There seems to be a problem with the BBC holding my log-in details. It asks every time I call up iPlayer.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 13th 17 10:28 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
56 265
Labgear Distribution Amp by Rob Brewer
Hi I have been repairing a Labgear MSA282 distribution amp (replaced faulty PSU Cap) and I noticed there are a couple of jumpers which seem to be associated with the VHF input connector. They are marked "Wideband" and "VHF". I intend to use this amp with a combined VHF/DAB aerial but I'm not sure which is the best position for these jumpers. Does anyone know what the jumpers are for and...
June 12th 17 08:55 PM
by Rob Brewer Go to last post
8 106
Heard at the seaside by James Heaton
I really wish I 'd heard the end of this conversation... As I was getting into my car at Bridlington last weekend (picked a good weekend to be in E Yorks!) I heard the following from a passing dog walker: Yeah we had a really good week at the car boot, we even sold that half telly I had knocking around... Any ideas?
June 10th 17 05:43 PM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
4 72
told you so by Brian Gaff
The usual cocked up lines and dodgy audio was very well represented in the election coverage. So I rest my case. Nothing has been improved by new technology from tithe 1960s coverage of elections. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
June 10th 17 04:42 PM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
4 74
Election pains by Brian Gaff
So then all radio and tv will no doubt be taken up with over hyped stuff tonight after 10 pm. Despite modern technology in use one still tends to get the old we cannot reach xx at the moment or people talking miles away into dodgy pa systems and all the other chaotic things we used to have way back in the 60s. Tech may have changed but the implementation of good practice by lay people has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 10th 17 03:50 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
23 142
Bressay Transmitter by Tweed[_3_]
I'm currently in Lerwick. I'm curious as to why the local transmitter, Bressay, appears to be vertically polarised. I thought this was usually reserved for low power relay stations.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 9th 17 02:15 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
28 177
Freesat? by Mr Pounder Esquire
I know very little about TV and watch very little of it. Wife has it on 24/7. We have had SKY for many many years. The wife has just come back from a few days away in a holiday cottage and was very impressed with the Freesat. She wants me to look into it :-( So, here I go. Is it all really free? Do we really get all of these channels free? Not interested in On...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 8th 17 02:43 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
112 225
Reception problem confusion by AnthonyL
A friend is having problems with the reception particularly on the higher TV channel numbers. I've just checked on Wolfbane which reports clear line of sight to the Nottingham transmitter indicating that it is 1 mile away. Wolfbane suggests a set-top aerial - my friend will have standard aerials (they've got more than one TV). https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-at-your-address/results says the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 30th 17 07:29 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
21 175
dashcams: how do they link to my PC? by Bill Wright[_3_]
OK I need a dashcam. Stuff keeps happening. Kid on a motorbike comes onto the roundabout from the pavement out of control and if I hadn't stopped abruptly would have been under my wheels. Guy in a big merc comes round a blind bend and passes me with inches to spare, me with the nearside wheels in the ditch. One day I'm going to need evidence. The problem is my ignorance is more-or-less all...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 30th 17 09:37 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
17 123
CRTs by Brian Gaff
Is there any market for these any more? Have a couple of old colour tellies of the analogue type both sort of work, and can be ok on vintage uhf output computers like Atari and Specttrum, but appart form that... Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 28th 17 06:25 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
110 474
BTs demo channel now gone? by Brian Gaff
Have bt vision decided to stop paying for their ever so boring channel on freeview plugging their sport now? Also does anyone understand the reason for channel names like Spike and Quest Red? They seem to have nothing whatever to do with the content. Brian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 27th 17 05:53 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
30 211
vision v40-104 modulators.... where can I get instructions from the internet? by [email protected]
Hi all, Over a period of time I have been quietly buying vision v40-104 modulators from ebay so that I can feed 8 CCTV cameras into my freeview/freesat/fm/dab distribution system. (the 700 MHz clearance will provide me with extra UHF channels to add the rest of the cameras after already populating 62, 64, 66 and 68 for the 1st 4 cameras) Only trouble is they did not come with any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 17 09:39 PM
by Huzzarisme _ Go to last post
18 379
Climate science by Terry Casey[_2_]
In article , says... Who is the author of that essay? Bill At the bottom it says PZ Myers and, under Profile, it says: PZ Myers is a biologist and associate professor at the University of Minnesota, Morris
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 17 03:26 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
15 154
Aerial riggers I have known, Part 3 by Bill Wright[_3_]
Aerial riggers I have known Part Three Barry I’ve changed the names and places, but I swear to God everything else here is true. I thought I’d better say that because the tale of Barry is really extraordinary. In 1981 an English local council which I will not name had worries about the impending Channel Four. Barry had a contract with this council and
May 25th 17 03:20 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 121
BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in. Bloody cheek. by Phi
I will have to find another way to watch the occasional good program.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 25th 17 07:08 AM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
98 428
My TV has started 'posterizing' by Roger Mills[_2_]
I have a Philips 37" flat screen HD-ready TV which is about 10 or 11 years old. Of late, it's started posterizing its picture under some circumstances. . My picture isn't as extreme as that, and most colours are ok - but the problem particularly affects (European) skin tones - and there are often large green patches on people's faces and exposed arms, etc. People with darker skins display...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 23rd 17 07:16 PM
by pamela Go to last post
19 143
Novelty aerals. by Brian Gaff
Back in the 70s there used to be a trend toward ornaments that sat on the tv, supposedly having aerials inside them. I can clearly remember a small , well not that small, naff looking statue of a girl made in plastic. Never seemed to work very well as I suspect they just had a bit of ewiire inside them. So anyone who thinks that snake oil is a modern thing, should just look at hisstory. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 20th 17 08:00 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
29 231
So anyone get hacked then? by Brian Gaff
Be funny if the bbeb did? I have been reading about this. It seems in order to get the code you have to either open a file attached to an email or click a link on an email. If its not caught and if the machine is running anything from vista sp2 to the latest build of wiindows10 and their server derivatives, and you have not installed a critical update sent out recently, then the code...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 17 05:41 PM
by Phi Go to last post
80 417