Post New Thread
streamed UK TV abroad by fred[_3_]
I canme across this while looking for ITV racing http://www.watchallchannels.com/ Now I'd like to watch the horse racing in Spain (ITV1, ITV4). 1. Does it really work abroad ? Possibly some programmes blacked out? 2. Is it legal? 3. Is it malware free? The last paragraph states: Live TV Online on your PC, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablets and other
January 7th 17 07:19 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
8 90
New thread for Brian G by Roger Mills[_2_]
Can you see this, Brian? -- Cheers, Roger ____________ Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom checked.
January 7th 17 06:40 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 66
Underwater tv by Brian Gaff
I was just thinking. If you wanted to transmit tv to an underwater habitat, how could you do it? Presumably light can only go so far under water and radio even less far. Also I wonder what the speed of light is under water. as I suppose if you measure it there its the same but it obviously refracts light so has, one assumes to be different to free air. Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 7th 17 09:31 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
31 134
Please start a new thread by Brian Gaff
Ie don't comment on this one. I'm trying to find out iif my news feed is broken. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
January 6th 17 04:02 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 57
Timeline for BBC local news in HD? by larkim
When is this coming? Seems excessively long in the development?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 17 07:25 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
33 191
Ideas for new channel. by Brian Gaff
PI TV Politically incorrect T V showing old Benny hill shows, Love thy Neighbour and old Jim Davidson routines, perhaps Cannon and Ball as well. New stuff could be interviews with employers about 'handicapped employees after they had been gotten drunk. What really goes on in decision making ie box ticking, and what else, well that would do for a start, could be very entertaining, we...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 17 10:49 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
41 182
Do LED bulbs interfere with DAB radio? by Dave W
"Scott" wrote in message ... On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 13:59:55 -0000, "Woody" wrote: "Scott" wrote in message ... I installed LED spotlights in the kitchen and when they are all on the
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 3rd 17 11:01 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
15 70
Do Philips MR16 LED bulbs cause RF interference by Scott[_2_]
I am starting a new thread to focus (excuse the pun) on one aspect of LED bulbs. I am grateful to all those who contributed to the previous thread offering innovative solutions. However, now that the supplier appears to concede there is a problem I am planning to return them and purchase a 'reputable' make. Does anyone have Philips 12 Volt (MR16) LED spot lamps? Could you let me know if they...
January 2nd 17 06:23 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
2 75
Question.. by Brian Gaff
What is the purpose or target viewing audience of what sounds like M I 5, one assumes this is not secret agent tv, but my five, but it seems to have mostly the worst of channel five on it not the best. Occasionally it has an odd watchable thing but it was much more interesting when they put out the plus 24 channel on freeview instead, in my view. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting...
January 1st 17 01:00 PM
by Phi Go to last post
3 68
lift conditions in recent days by Brian Gaff
I've noticed many extra dab stations and some other stuff, like Heathrow complain on approach that French ATC is breaking in. I have however not noticed much problem with the freeview this time. I guess the ducting has been in a different direction to strong uhf transmitters here, so would not be noticed that much. Incidentally the problem with my loft aerial turned out to be the feeder...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 31st 16 11:01 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
22 143
BBC lost their atlas? by Woody[_5_]
On the BBC web site the other day was an item about 16 miles in 60 seconds - the Flying Scotsman on the Severn Valley Railway in the West of England. Last time I looked the SVR was in the West Midlands. Last night a woman reporting on foot from the carnage on the M40 stated it was the "motorway from London to Wales." Eh? Or has Wales been moved and no-one told us? Meeja Studies strikes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 31st 16 04:54 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 156
Complaint from a tenant today by Bill Wright[_3_]
My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 16 02:48 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
26 144
For dedicated fans of broadband speed checkers ... by Adrian Caspersz
by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ... http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/ As was promoted by BBC Watchdog during their usually flawed investigations, but seems a clear tool nonetheless and is free of adverts and other nonsense. -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 16 09:07 AM
by 7 Go to last post
16 89
It's almost like having valves... by Paul D Smith[_2_]
My LCD TV, a pretty recent Panasonic, has an interesting problem that I thought the group might find amusing. Being as tight as insert suitable phrase, I keep the house at a pleasant 18degC and with the TV close to the chimney (partially blocked but there's still some air through it), I imagine that corner of the room is slightly colder. So I find that when I turn on the TV I observe that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 16 08:52 AM
by Phi Go to last post
37 186
I never realised by Brian Gaff
That Carrie Fisher was Deby reynolds daughter until yeesterday. all very sad. It must be very hard burrying your own son or daughter. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
December 30th 16 01:27 AM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
3 52
Bizarre recording clash last night by PeterC
Freesat on BBC4 HD, recordings on only BBC4 HD (2 consecutive) and BBC2 HD (1, starting at the same time as the 2nd. recording on BBC4). Warning of clash came up! Now, only 2 channels and how the hell can consecutive programmes on the same channel 'overlap'? -- Peter. The gods will stay away whilst religions hold sway
December 29th 16 09:32 PM
by PeterC Go to last post
8 77
Emley problems by Woody[_5_]
Anyone have problems with Com4-8 on Emley last night? Started a bit before 18:00 and was fully corrected by about 21:30, TV showing no signal. PSB1-3 were OK throughout. Suggests a feed problem to me. -- Woody
December 29th 16 04:21 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
4 72
Do LED bulbs interfere with DAB radio? by Brian-Gaff
What you need is a small scanning radio with an am output. I used to have one when I could see and it was very easy to find nasty interfering devices with that device. Probably loads on Ebay, Need to cover band 3 for this use but a dc to 1 gig one will be very handy fro tracking nasty noises down. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like...
December 28th 16 08:42 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
1 20
Breaking News: George Michael dead by Davey
You would think that nothing else had happened over Christmas, except the Russian 'plane crash. Every BBC News bulletin has led with the news about George Michael. But if you did not follow him or his singing, to keep on hearing about it is boring. Elvis, yes, he was important. But George Michael? Enough is enough! -- Davey.
December 28th 16 11:35 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 88
breaking news, less than 50 percent watch tv by Brian-Gaff
Well that is live tv, they alall either record it or just wait for the boxed set, which of course has no box and is basically streamed so you never actually own anything at all. TV is mostly passive and really probably now has had its day. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
December 28th 16 11:04 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
5 77
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 81 to 100 of 19338