Post New Thread
Ping [email protected] address by [email protected]
Would Mike ([email protected] address) of this parish please drop me an email with a valid address (Mine is chris_holmes at uk2.net) Thanks
December 4th 06 01:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 183
Adding DVD recorder into Sky +??? by Dave Jennings
Hi everyone, I see a somewhat similar post very recently on this, but here's my specific problem in numptie talk, as that's my capability level: Current setup is: Sony TV with 3 scarts.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 06 11:28 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
40 917
Splitting a .mpg recording into two by Slitheen
Maybe not technically on topic for this forum, but I guess many folk here that are more than familiar with VideoRedoPlus and the editing of their recordings. Basically, I bought VideoRedoPlus a few months ago, and have only now just got round to doing all the ad deletion work I've wanted to do for ages. I am now quite fluent in streamfixing and then marking the ad breaks to be cut away,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 08:33 AM
by Mike Go to last post
11 455
A photo processing software is picasa by sanwan
A photo processing software is picasa http://www.devcan.com/picasa/
December 3rd 06 11:25 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
5 230
Cannot watch 'Score' during Grandstand by baz
As subject. When I press my Freeview red button the box changes to channel 301 and Score is on, after 2 seconds it disappears. I have tried changing channels manually to 301 with no joy. Any ideas? Baz
December 3rd 06 01:05 PM
by Piggy Go to last post
2 144
What is Contrast Ratio by tim.....
I'm helping my sister buy a HD (ready) TV. She has somehow got focused on one with a high Contrast Ratio. What is this value? I've seen it differ from 500:1 to 6000:1. That's a pretty big range. Is it really important? tim
December 3rd 06 12:02 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
7 279
test by Bill Wright
test
December 2nd 06 09:46 PM
by James Hart Go to last post
5 201
Wireless Cable Info by banbear
Check out www.WirelessCableService.com
December 2nd 06 08:03 PM
by banbear Go to last post
0 180
Legal TV by norm
While I'm moaning; Legal TV. Quite interesting. Loads of old episodes of Crown Court which I used to love. BUT....Why is the aspect ratio wrong on every single program? Crown Court was obviously 4:3 but doesn't fill the width of the screen. The actors look like they've had dysnentry for the last three months. Dipping in and out of the channel, every single program is screwed one way or another.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 07:24 PM
by Graham Go to last post
10 361
Data Over Mains for Consumer Electronics by Dave Farrance
"Televisions and other consumer-electronics equipment going on sale next year will be network-enabled using data-over-mains modules, according to a company making chips implementing the technology. They want to get rid of the HDMI socket and cables," said Andy Barnes, European field applications manager of Intellon." ... "Panasonic has its own data-over-mains technology, which it has said will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 09:41 AM
by charles Go to last post
19 541
TV lotteries by /\\BratMan/\\
From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6190674.stm TV quiz shows which can charge viewers as much as 75p for phone calls even if they do not get through are a "lottery" not a test of skill, MPs have heard. The Commons culture committee was told some channels lured players with easy questions and big prizes, without stating only 0.5% of calls get through. Nick Rust, of Sky Bet, which is...
December 2nd 06 09:36 AM
by AD C Go to last post
7 261
Low Cost and Good Quality Cable TV equipment by MedV Imaging Inc
Low Cost and Good Quality Cable TV equipment UniVisual Group Inc is located at the well-known GuangZhou CityŁ¬ China. UniVisual Group Inc is a medical, furniture and Cable TV equipment company. UniVisual's Cable TV Division is one of the major manufacturers and distributors of cable television equipment such as amplifiers, fiber optical transmitters , optical receivers Cable...
December 1st 06 11:55 AM
by MedV Imaging Inc Go to last post
0 147
USB DVB-T with NTSC input? by Cuzman
OK, here's the conundrum: My friend has an NTSC Playstation2 which happily worked on his plasma screen at home via composite due to the TV automatically handling the NTSC signal. He is now at university, left his Playstation2 at home, but will be picking it up at Christmas when he goes home. He only has a laptop at university. No TV. Is there any product around that will convert the...
December 1st 06 12:13 AM
by David Glover Go to last post
4 211
Loft bracket for bigger than 1 inch pole by Ben
Can you get them? I've only been able to find them for 1 inch poles. I'd like one for a 1.25 or 1.5 inch pole.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 30th 06 07:57 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
27 553
Lidl Targa TSR 500 Twin Tuner Sat PVR USB I/O by Roger R
The product manual, under 'Exchanging data with your PC' says: "You can access the hard disk from your computer. To do so, connect the computer and the TSR 500 HDD via a USB cable on the USB port on the back panel of the device. On your PC, Open My Computer. The hard disk appears as a new storage device and you will be able to copy or delete data, (movies, recordings, music etc)." I have not...
November 30th 06 10:59 AM
by Roger R Go to last post
0 395
sky+ box crash by [email protected]
my sky+ box was playing up,would record but would freeze every so often.then tonight it crashed and froze solid ,went through usual power off procedure when finally restarted it had wiped my recordings and when trying to record ,displays system fault,two things, one can I assume the hard drives gone, two if I buy a replacement box can I set it up myself or will I have to pay sky engineers to come...
November 30th 06 12:03 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
2 152
Sony STB buggered after update. by Agamemnon
Since the last firmware upgrade I have had to reset my Sony STB twice in the past week in order to get the EPG and Now Next to display event information from Sandy Heath. Before the update I never had this problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 06 07:19 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
11 323
LCD TV Backlight by daz
Hi I have a new TV. It's a Sony Bravia 40" W2000. About 2 weeks old. For me, CRT is much better than LCD, but I wanted a big TV that wasn't deep, so went with LCD. I am surpised at how good the picture is when it is showing an image, but when the screen goes blank, the backlight non-uniformity is very obvious and annoying. I have varied the backlight intensity,
November 29th 06 03:26 PM
by Ked Go to last post
5 197
Query about Humax PVR by John Hatpin
I've got this Humax PVR-9200T, thanks to your recommendations, and it's absolutely wonderful - I'm love it. Thanks. There is something I don't understand about it, though, and I can't find any explanation in the (otherwise excellent) manual: I tend to get into the habit of browsing through the guide and marking programmes I'm interested in for recording, usually a day or so ahead but sometimes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 06 12:49 PM
by Keith W Go to last post
11 312
wiring digital coaxial cable by mehall126
I have a freeview box and have attempted to wire digital coaxial cable from a wideband aerial to the connector which plugs into the box. I have isolated this from other components (DVD and video) so that I am only running the freeview box and TV but I still get an unpredicatable and sometimes poor signal through the freeview. I am sure the problem is with the wiring to the connector. I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 06 07:54 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
39 1,244