Post New Thread
danger from plasmas/LCDs by Bill Wright
So basically then, no-one knows whether plasmas and LCDs have toxic chemicals in the screen in significant quantities. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 07:54 PM
by Dominic Go to last post
13 316
Digihome PVR160 in Argos by Mike Dyer
Well I've owned it 5 days now. The only niggle is the 7 day epg only ever seems to have the next three days in it. Though you can program it like a video recorder, so it's not the end of the world. It timer records on standby as well, so doesn't take over the telly (ref earlier posts)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 07:42 PM
by BORG Go to last post
15 536
Reduced price projector anyone? by Ian
http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct_clearancebarg ains&pid=HITA-PJLC9W -- Ian
October 19th 06 03:59 PM
by David Go to last post
1 139
freefootball.org. by Sacred
So where does one stand legally with watching football on this via PPMate?
October 19th 06 03:29 PM
by Bazzer Smith Go to last post
2 379
[?] Start-up fault on Panasonic TX32DTX40 (Euro9D chassis) by David Chapman
Hi, Does anyone have any experience of any stock faults relating to the Panasonic TX32DTX40 television (EURO9D) that they'd care to share? I'm particularly interested in any power-supply related faults which would explain a problem on switch-on where the TV attempts to start up and then almost immediately shuts down again. I do have the full Service Manual to hand.
October 19th 06 03:07 PM
by David Chapman Go to last post
9 274
Aerial Installation. by Terry
Hi Does anybody have any experience of Yorkshire Satellite Ltd. Regards
October 19th 06 10:52 AM
by Terry Go to last post
0 126
Sony SVR-S500 and how to break it within two hours of buying it.... by [email protected]
Confession time.. I purchased one of the above at the weekend, took it home, set it up and all was lovely. Being a bloke, I then decided to wander through the menu options....with not so fantasic results. Basically, I've changed command mode from HDD1 to HDD2 and now the remote doesn't work. The manual basically says "Don't do it!!" Any ideas on how I reset this back to the factory standard?
4 878
Need help. Anyone know about a house electrics newsgroup? by Marky P
Hi, My fuse box keeps tripping when my telly & washing machine are on together. Seperately, fine. I know this is such the wromg NG, but I know there are a few clever people here. If not, can someone point me in the right direction? BTW, fuse is 32A. Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 02:35 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
15 311
Some channels break up on Sky - dish out of position? by h
As per the subject - on our Sky box, ITV3 and a few other channels intermittently show "Satellite signal not being received". Majority of channels never show this problem. Could this be down to our dish being out of alignment? Quite happy to pop up a ladder with my little squeally-meter-box thing, just not sure why only some channels are affected; are satellite channels grouped together...
October 18th 06 11:13 PM
by h Go to last post
4 275
Digital transmitter power by Ben
I've just been looking at Arqiva's contract to supply the new 'high power' digital transmitters post analogue switchoff and was amazed to discover that my home town (population 5,000) and surrounding area is to be served by a transmitter power of less than 2 watts!!! http://www.arqiva.com/upload/pdf/PROVISION_OF_NETWORK_ACCESS.pdf Fair enough its into an 11dB antenna, giving 24W ERP, which is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 06 10:41 PM
by Zathras Go to last post
44 780
Channel 29 Problem by Geoff Lane
My daughter lives in Hemel Hempstead (HP1 2TE), her aerial points at Crystal Palace. I fiited a Proception proMHD14V - four-way amplifier in the loft serving two feeds. My BT I-Player+ box shows good quality signal on all channels however, viewing Film4 on Saturday I started to get regular pixelation, on checking the diagnostic channel menu it showed quality varying between 80% and down to 50%.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 06 07:41 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
16 271
OT Satellite Installers by Terry
Anybody know somebody who will do me a complere satellite installion to access Hotbird in the Grimsby area. Regards
October 18th 06 04:32 PM
by Terry Go to last post
8 252
double outlets by Bill Wright
I *think* I'm worrying about nothing? But before I hook it all up I'd just like to be sure I'm not risking damaging anything... Well it wouldn't cross my mind to worry about that. If any equipment is putting significant voltage at more than a few mA on the coax then it wants sorting anyway.
October 18th 06 12:45 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 162
Double coaxial socket for cable / terrestial TV? by Lobster
Daughter has a terrestrial TV aerial outlet in her bedroom, fed from a mast amplifier. During a refurb of her room I've taken the opportunity to run a second cable to her room, fed from a spare output of an existing distribution system which is hooked up to the cable TV box in the living room - this is a very Heath-Robinson affair, which transfers a just-about-tolerable version of whatever...
October 18th 06 09:50 AM
by Doctor D Go to last post
1 177
Freeview via Satellite by victormeldrewsyoungerbrother
I am considering cancelling my Sky subscription as, quite honestly, I'm becomming more and more disenchanted with the rubbish on offer. I'm not interested in sport, I watch a film once in a blue moon, and it would be cheaper to buy those I do want to see on DVD, and the rest of the channels are, IMHO, by and large just repeated tat. What I want to know is, if I cancel, will the satellite box...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 06 08:25 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
12 285
Looking for a guy who sold satellite systems based in Chessington by [email protected]
Hi, Looking for a guy who soldsatellite systems based in Chessington, Surrey, Paul Launder. Has anyone got a current telephone number or address? Last info I have is 2A Angus Close,
October 17th 06 10:43 PM
by Ian Jackson Go to last post
3 213
Digihome PVR160 in Argos by BORG
Also rebadged for Sony and Evesham. Anyone here used one or seen one in action ? Is there any way to transfer the recordings to a computer without using a TV in card ? 100 bar the 1p so not a bad price really --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 06 08:29 PM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
28 766
My off topic 'tripping' problem by Marky P
Hi, Thanks for all the replys even though I was way off topic. Anyway, I've discovered it is the washing machine at fault (it tripped the MCB without the telly on). It doesn't trip straight away, seems to be when the water starts to heat up, so could be a duff element. Bugger :-(. It was second hand anyway (lasted 8 months). Marky P.
October 17th 06 07:49 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
2 126
What to look for in a PVR by tim\(yet another new home\)
I'm new to this digital TV stuff, but my VCR has stopped working so I need to consider a PVR. I want a disk based one, I have no need for DRD recording as all I do is timeshift. So what sort of features should I expect/consider? I'd like to be able to record two programs at once and I need to be able to set up to record 2-3 or even 4 weeks hence.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 06 07:09 PM
by tim\(yet another new home\) Go to last post
24 621
Group A aerial advice for Palace with a problem on Ch22 by [email protected]
Hi All, Wrote on this NG a while back re problem i am having with Ch21/22 (pixellation) on either Palace or Reigate. My installer originally used a WB aerial, replaced this with DAT 45 (another WB) to no avail. Followed the advice here to go Group A, which makes great sense for Ch22. He's installed a Unix 52 Group A.
October 17th 06 05:21 PM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
7 139
Post New Thread