Post New Thread
Coast - awful filmic effect by [email protected]
I know, I know, we have enough threads about the filmic effect, but... I got around to watching the first episode of the new series of Coast last night (recorded it the other week). During the last minute or so, on two brief segments (when blokey commented "and at the end of this leg of our journey, we finally some sand!" and then "if you'd like to interact ...") we briefly had good old...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 23rd 06 05:28 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
78 1,659
Labgear CM5220 satellite line amps by Bill Wright
I bought a bunch of these from CPC yesterday. They were a bargain at about 2.50 each, instead of the usual 8 or more. The email from me asking for a returns number reads as follows: The primary purpose of these amplifiers is to compensate for signal losses in long cables. Since these losses increase with frequency it is necessary for the amplifiers to have more gain at the top than at the...
November 23rd 06 10:08 AM
by Roger R Go to last post
8 462
(no subject) by Alan
http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details1?src=vebra&PropertyCode=1672001/BRYAN/13070/1 -- If a man is walking in the forest and there is no woman present to hear him speak, is he still wrong?
November 23rd 06 08:48 AM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
1 146
strange multipath in swamp conditions by Bill Wright
Parked outside my daughter's new place yesterday I couldn't be arsed to push the motorhome aerial up so I watched telly with the log periodic laid flat on the van roof, aligned, as it happened, at 90deg to the Tx. The masthead amp was in circuit. The location was behind a row of houses, but otherwise with LOS to Sutton Coldfield about 5 miles away. The site slopes towards SC and I could see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 06 11:19 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
40 634
IEEE Spectrum article comparing TV display technology by Chris Hill
There's a good comparison article in this month's IEEE Spectrum magazine. It's available online too, at http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/nov06/4697 Talks about the predominant technologies of today (Plasma and LCD) looks at DLP and other emerging technology. :) Chris.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 06 03:16 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
16 322
I used to be a celebrity, get me back on the telly. by Qatar Airlines Passanger
I will do anything to get back on the Telly, even eat maggots Have programs gone downhill with more channels?
November 22nd 06 02:59 PM
by Dr Zoidberg Go to last post
5 169
Video to PC by Yaz
How can I trasfer a short film to my computer. I am unable to play the DVD on my computer but it plays on the DVD player it was originally recorded on. Yaz
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 22nd 06 09:38 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
27 523
Wireless Cable Info by Tenk
Visit www.WirelessCableService.com
November 22nd 06 02:36 AM
by Tenk Go to last post
0 153
Al Jazeera English by Dave Fawthrop
Any one know if Al Jazeera English http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/6BB60A7B-C169-4762-87ED-415752862B5E.htm is going to be FTA like Arabic Al Jazeera? http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm has not caught up with reality ;-( -- Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20 http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 06 02:05 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
34 748
My communal aerial system by Marky P
I know you are all familiar with my own aerial install on the side of my flat using a loft lance & No More Nails? Anyway, I'm thinking of nipping up into the loft soon to see why the communal aerial system don't work. When the tely is connected to the coax socket on the wall, the coax cable acts as the aerial. So either there is no aerial at the end of the cable or the distribution amp has...
November 21st 06 07:02 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
8 312
Recomend DVD-RAM discs for Panasonic DMREZ25 by Slitheen
Could someone with a Panasonic DMREZ25 Freeview DVD recorder (or any of this current crop of Panasonic Diga DVD recorders or DVD recorders/HDD/VCR combi units) please recommend a particular brand of DVD-RAM media that they have had particularly good success with? Although this line from Panasonic is renowned for its excellent support of multi-format discs, I've found there's usually a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 06 06:01 PM
by Sean B Go to last post
19 654
Panny DMREX75 HDMI upscaling question. by Slitheen
Looking at the manual for the Panasonic DMREX75 (that I am getting tomorrow), I am confused about the whole upscaling function. The setting for Progressive 'on' and 'off', and nearly all mentions of 'progressive' in the manual, are discussed in the context of using component out. Now I intend to connect to my HD Ready TV via HDMI for the upscaled output of 720p and 1080i respectively...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 06 02:47 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
13 411
BBC to help pensioners go digital by rbel
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6155518.stm -- rbel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 20th 06 11:18 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
75 2,187
OT - DVD rental recommendation? by bugbear
Does anyone have a string recommendation of a web/mail order DVD rental service? I don't want $ky, but my local (and only) physical shop (BlockBuster) is now insane. High Prices (4.50 for 2 nights of the latest disc) and tiny back catalogue.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 06 10:01 PM
by AD C Go to last post
12 450
newbie questions on 46 inch lcd by edwardo
Hi I have just ordered Samsung LE46M53BDX (1442) online but before it is delivered I was wondering do I need any special cables etc. I have sky tv and a dvd recorder to be conected to the tv and will I be able to set it up myself. Thanks for any info from Eddie
November 20th 06 09:21 PM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
6 236
Shots of my latest bodged aerial job :-) by Marky P
Hi, As requested by Tony, here are the pics of the aerial job I did a couple of weeks ago. It's the one on the nightclub. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2006_1118aerial0030.jpg http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2006_1118aerial0031.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 20th 06 08:34 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
26 537
Grundig GUVCD2800 DTV by David Pratt
I have a Grundig GUVCD2800 DTV (28-inch wide screen), bought from Tesco at 195 about a month ago. I am very pleased with its performance apart from the slowness at which the remote control seems to operate. The firmware is at version 2.1 and the receiver checks for updates when it enters sleep mode before going into full standby. Also, if the TV is left on standby overnight, it checks for...
November 20th 06 02:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 789
RECEPTION PROBLEMS - must apply to all? by 999Rider
Dear Group, I live in an area with poor aerial reception (believe it or not in Surrey!). There is no freeview (Meridian not due to 2012) and having just upgraded to a 42inch plasma the picture is appalling. I returned the first TV to Comet believing something was wrong with it but the 2nd is just as bad (Hitatchi plasma). I think this is a classic case of poor reception suddenly really coming to...
November 20th 06 12:13 PM
by Nick Austin Go to last post
6 182
PC Software for Humax 9200T by Stuart Grimshaw
I've had my 9200T for a few months, and I long since lost the CD that came with it ... is there any where I can downoad it from? I've had a look here : http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/Download/Products/PVR-9200T.asp but it all seems to be firmware for the unit itself ... or have I missed something?
November 20th 06 12:10 PM
by Stuart Grimshaw Go to last post
3 314
TUTV Anytime just a channel-holder? by Dave Farrance
I've just looked at the TUTV Anytime offering. Do you know of anybody that got a subscription? It can't be a serious offering, surely? It looks to me as though they've worked out the absolute-minimum cost solution for maintaining the use of the bandwidth without it being blatantly obvious to all that they've given up. I guess that they intend to make their money from auctioning their windfall of...
November 20th 06 10:17 AM
by AD C Go to last post
3 198
Post New Thread