Post New Thread
2 Boxes, 2 aerials? by Rory
Hi, I've been told by my local electronics shed that if I want to run 2 set top boxes in my household I'm going to have to install an aerial for each on the roof. Is there any way round this as I'm not even sure there's enough room on the chimney for 2 (let alone the extra cost and time involved)? Regards Rory
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 31st 06 05:27 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
33 612
Freeview: BBC Parliament to go full screen. by PGG
Just in time for the State Opening of Parliament, it seems: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2006/10_october/25/parliament.shtml No more squinting at captions too small to read with the sound up to a second out of sync. I've no idea where the capacity is coming from. Hopefully they'll scrap the gimmicky news interactive ******** that only gets watched by
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 31st 06 01:15 PM
by Heracles Pollux Go to last post
50 784
FiveUS dog by leon
This is the response from five re the size of the dog on 5us: Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the DOG on Five US. There are no current plans to stop using or reduce the size of the DOG on Five US. Station identity is increasingly important in the age of competitive multi-channel television; as is promotion of certain programme strands. We have purposely ensured that the current...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 30th 06 10:18 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
117 2,357
Odd screen height on UKTV History by Kennedy McEwen
On my Panasonic iDTV LCD panel I have it set to display widescreen broadcasts of Freeview as wide and non-widescreen as 4:3 (with black borders at the side), thus giving correct aspect ratio whatever format is received. Everything looks fine on all channels except for the UKTV History channel, which often has widescreen images without including the widescreen signal which are thus is shown...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 06 09:34 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
11 233
Rigger's Diary: how do they get away with it? by Bill Wright
How about this? For the three years since the place was built the five FM tuners serving the radio distribution system have not worked. In each of the 160 comfy little rooms it has been possible to select between five different channels, each of which went 'shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'. Finally the managment decided to take decisive action, so I was asked to have a look. The FM aerial was connected...
October 30th 06 09:15 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
3 125
Wireless aerial extender? by Victor Delta
Can anyone help please? We live in a relatively weak signal strength area although our main rooftop aerial delivers a good signal. However, reception on the small aerial of our portable TV is poor. I would like to be able to use the portable TV in a number of rooms without having to recable the house. Does anyone know of a wireless gizmo (or something else?) that would enable me to overcome...
October 30th 06 07:29 PM
by David Wade Go to last post
4 365
Unbiased comparison please by Jim S
I have tried to get an unbiased comparison of the "Three for 30" option being offered by Telewest to what I have. What I have is as follows: Freeview box which works well on a good aerial 'most of the time', but needs re-setting a couple of times a week. Plusnet broadband @ 14.99 pm. When it works I get ~6Mbps, but Plusnet is notoriously prone to slowdowns and is having real problems with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 30th 06 07:18 PM
by Jim S Go to last post
24 447
TV over LAN - advice please by Dr Zoidberg
In our new office building we are planning on having a few flat screens scattered about the building and need a way of distributing a video feed to them. As far as I can see we have a number of options. 1) Coax feeds to all locations - needs RF output from video source , not easy to move screens. 2) Composite video/RGB + audio feeds to all locations - easier to connect to multiple sources ,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 30th 06 06:44 PM
by TGTBT Media Web Design & Hosting Services Go to last post
31 892
No Sound on C4 on Sunday by Bruce Stewart
I noticed that C4/E4/More4 had no sound on Sunday afternoon. Did anyone else noticed this? This is off the Angus Transmitter using a Sony VTX-800. Bruce S. -- Replace the by by blueyonder
October 30th 06 01:30 PM
by Bruce Stewart Go to last post
0 110
hints on reasonable priced PVRs? by Paul Heslop
My son fancies one and we said we would think about it, but we're really not very well off. It would be great if we had some pointers on what seem to be the most reasonable and hints on where to buy etc. thanks for any help -- Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged) ------------------------------------------------------- Stop and Look
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 06 04:48 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
15 425
Freeview via NTL cable? by [email protected]
I recently bought a new flat. The service charge does not include a charge for maintenance of a communal TV aerial, but does include a charge for maintenance of an NTL cable connection in each flat. When I first moved in, I was able to view the tail end of the previous occupier's NTL subscription. After a couple of weeks, when I turned the TV on I just got a blue screen. By removing the cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 06 07:59 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
18 414
Investing in Independent Film by Ovation
Investing in Independent Film has traditionally been in the high risk / high reward category. Typically investors sunk millions into a film hoping to win the film lottery with a big blockbuster. Unfortunately, using that method is about as successful as buying a real lottery ticket. In a business filled with conflicting opinions which so often cause investors to make their investment decisions...
October 29th 06 10:22 AM
by Ovation Go to last post
0 136
OT Slightly - SCART Digi-box and Scartless TV by Roger Hunt
Greetings utdtv I hope this isn't too off topic, but it all erupted when I bought one of those Argos Wharfdale digi-boxes and subsequently noticed that the excellent old TV (Alba CTV744) I want to plug it into does not have a SCART socket, only a blanking plate. Question is - might it be possible to plumb in a SCART socket, given that the TV almost has one already? Any links to the subject would...
October 29th 06 12:38 AM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
8 245
Television X PID's by joefish
On 09 Oct 2006, strax wrote in : Seeing as Red Hot TV has closed down on Freeview, does anyone have the PID's for Television X. This is for educational purposes only of course Video = 5377
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 28th 06 11:30 PM
by Welshman Go to last post
23 3,697
TUTV Anytime Latest by John Porcella
I received this with respect to the delay in TUTV sending out the PVR for the TUTV Anytime package. ********************************************* Dear Mr Porcella, We're writing to inform you about an important development in the launch of the new Top Up TV Anytime service. We're pleased to announce that Disney Channel programming will now also form part of the new Top Up TV Anytime line-up.
October 28th 06 05:32 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 145
Beautiful women, aged clones, and Ultimate Fighting Championship by [email protected]
Friend, I'm always looking for good and intelligent individuals like you to visit my website, www.ChezBrandon.com , and it has pictures of beautiful women, information about aged clones, and a link to Ultimate Fighting Championship, a very good show. My name is Brandon, and I'm in my 20s, am a college student, and as lie detectors, both conventional and unconventional would show, I've...
October 28th 06 10:22 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 117
freecom dvb-t usb2 dongle by nick
anyone got this (or any other make). does it save to mpeg2?
October 28th 06 06:32 AM
by Zathras Go to last post
5 214
vcr record/playback on samsung lcd freeview tv by computar2006
Got a problem with vcr record/playback on samsung lcd freeview tv (le26r7). I want to record the freeview channels. The tv has 2 scart sockets at the rear marked: ext1 (rgb) ext2 (avi)
October 28th 06 02:38 AM
by computar2006 Go to last post
1 152
Where is a mobile phone :-) by PEO from ITALY
How to detect where is a mobile phone? It's very simple: just clic the link, insert the mobile phone number and press the key "Localizzare". In few seconds you will know where is your wife / husband / friend / sister / son / boss... http://www.studiopasquali.it/satphone/index.htm Attention: sometimes it's better don't know...
October 27th 06 03:12 PM
by PEO from ITALY Go to last post
0 109
(Maybe OT) VGA to HDMI Cable by Robert Berry
Hi All, I'm sure you'll be the chaps who will know this. My new HD LCD had an HDMI socket but no VGA. I'd like to rig my laptop to it, which only has a VGA socket. Is such a lead available and if so where from and how much? Kind Regards and thanks for the advice that's been offered to others which I've 'borrowed' in the past. Rob ;-)
October 27th 06 10:10 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
4 155
Post New Thread