Post New Thread
FREE SATELLITE TV FOR YOUR PC HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by artnotice
FREE SATELLITE TV FOR YOUR PC HE http://artnotice.ipodpsp.hop.clickbank.net
November 6th 06 10:15 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 179
Best Freeview Reviever currently out there..... by Martin Sinclair
Hi there people, Whats currently regarded as the best freeview reciever on the market. I was considering getting a Sony VTX-D800U as seen he http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VTX-D800U&site=odw_en_GB&pageType=TechnicalSpecs&category=TVP+Set+Top+Box I have seen some good reviews on the interweb about this but its expensive compared to some of the cheap Tesco 20 ones
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 06 11:34 PM
by Qatar Airlines Passanger Go to last post
11 375
Freeview with PVR and DVD Recorder by Mikey_Jax
Hi there We're seriously thinking of cancelling our Sky+ subscription because what Freeview offers will cover the TV we watch - so might as well put the subscription towards something else. What we do like about Sky+ is the PVR side of things - but have also been thinking about getting a DVD recorder at some point. I have seen that there are some boxes with all 3 built-in...so...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 5th 06 08:07 PM
by larkim Go to last post
32 722
Pausing recordings for adverts by Slitheen
Currently and for the last couple of years, as my first partial step away from VHS, I just use a digital TV card in my computer for recording digital TV. This won't allow me to pause recordings for ad breaks, which annoys the hell out of me - something to do with it causing problems and breaks in the stream I'm told. I'm just wondering if this is because it is a very basic system. Do HDD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 06 05:18 PM
by Ian_ Go to last post
15 306
Digihome PVR probs by BORG
Mine seems to have not altered the time when the clocks changed. Everything I set to record hasn't. How do I get it to change timer I can't see anywhere to do it from going through the menu system. Thanks -- www.ratrodz.co.uk
November 5th 06 03:09 PM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
1 156
filtering out screaming audience sound track? by Norm
I have been trying to watch ITV x factor and am finding it impossible because of the pre-recorded screaming audience sound effects. It's on a 10 second loop at the moment and whoever is doing the audio mixing is crap. He is deliberately making some tracks sound worse than others.
November 5th 06 01:40 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
5 238
Humax 9200T IR Sensor Location by Ticklemynuts
Can anyone describe to me the precise location of the IR sensor on the front of the Humax 9200T box? I'd like to attach my Thompson VS360 Video Sender. Cheers.
November 5th 06 01:24 PM
by Ticklemynuts Go to last post
2 345
Humax problem - any ideas by Scott
I have a Humax 9200. I set it up to record two programmes at 7 pm last night. It failed to record either of these. At the time I was watching the Iraq debate on the Parliament channel (and any comments on this should be directed to a separate thread). I have noticed in the past that there are sometimes curious effects when the Parliament channel is in operation. Would this be likely to cause...
6 188
ntl by Gregory Kirby
HI all, Nothing going on in the ntl forum so I thought I would try here. With the new TV hitting the stores with all sorts of goodies, is there anyone out there catering for a cable only environment. I do not have an aerial and got rid of the last one as it got too big trying to cope with Canary Wharf. Looking for a 32 inch flat screen, which needs only be a monitor to teh
November 4th 06 02:50 PM
by Gregory Kirby Go to last post
0 144
New inquiry: Call TV quiz shows by Heracles Pollux
Just received via email: CULTURE MEDIA AND SPORT COMMITTEE HOUSE OF COMMONS - SESSION 2005-06
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 4th 06 12:43 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
14 372
BBC Channels? by [email protected]
Evening All, Girlfriend has just moved and after installing her Freeview box (Goodmans GDB6), BBC 1,2,3 and News 24 were a tad intermittent. Stupidly decided to do a new scan and now they've disappeared. Box was previously installed at her flat which had a very good communal aerial and signal was no problem. I assume that the aerial at her new house is sub-standard and needs looking at?
November 3rd 06 05:58 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
3 148
Rigger's Diary -- comprehension by Bill Wright
"Is that Mr Wright?" "Yes, who's that?" "Well I live at Selby Place, at Number 32, next to the lift, and my television isn't right." "Oh dear, what's the problem then?" "Your firm did the aerial didn't you, the one for everybody, that does all the flats?" "Yes, that's right, last year." "Well it doesn't work right, I mean I've got a brand new TV here and it says no
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 3rd 06 05:28 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
33 785
See, I *told* you these analogue old timers don't "get" digital!!! by Ben
Article in the latest EBU Technical Review http://www.ebu.ch/en/technical/trev/trev_home.html This guy thinks that concealment (an analogue technique where if a line cannot be read from videotape it is simply replaced by the contents of the previous line) is such a good idea that it should be applied to digital formats too, by recording one line per block on the hard drive, so if a bad block...
November 3rd 06 12:16 AM
by Chris Go to last post
7 193
Seeking MPEG-2 Encoder with Compression by Matti Lamprhey
I'd like to be able to produce compressed MPG files from DVDs recorded on my LiteOn recorder. Are any PC tools available to do this? Background: I have a Humax PVR9200-T as well as the LiteOn. If I record the same 1-hour programme from ITV3 on each, using the LiteOn's HQ quality setting so that the two recordings are of similar quality, and then transfer both to my PC (using Media eLinker...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 06 10:32 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
18 359
what aerial by Jackie
Hi I live about 35kms from the Angus transmitter and at present get a grainy but watchable analogue picture. I have bought a digital tuner for my computer and I get reasonable reception on most channels but feel that a new bigger aerial would be better as I think that water may have got into the cable as when I measure the resistance it is almost a direct short. Old analogue meter so cannot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 06 09:13 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
17 337
Humax LGB-17DTTV goes onto standby by Lowermill
Does anyone else have this following problem? Bough a Humax LGB-17DTTV during the summer. Every now and again it switches itself off as if the power off button has been pressed on the remote control. have read threads about the autoupdate facility causing problems but I do not think this is related to my problem
November 2nd 06 03:44 PM
by Lowermill Go to last post
0 372
TalkSport by Brian McKenna
I had this tuned into my Lidl satellite receiver which I use as a digital radio connected to a hi-fi but as of yesterday it is gone.Have they changed satellite/transponder,if so does anyone know what the new tuning details are?What other stations have changed as well?
November 2nd 06 02:29 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 204
Five US by Mark Fraser (News)
I see that on Thursday Five US has got a Uefa football match with Newcastle. Now, I can't seem to find a link between US programming which is what Five US is supposed to be showing and Newcastle FC. -- ___________________________________________ |\ /| ark Fraser | \/ | Somerset /www.mfraz.freeserve.co.uk | |__________/Acorn SA RISC PC You know what...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 06 06:24 AM
by AD C Go to last post
10 271
Anyone tried Evesham PVR 160? by Steve
Does anyone have any experience with using the Evesham PVR 160 or know of any good reviews? It is a dual tuner Freeview unit with a 160 Gb HD on offer at Woolies for 149 so seems like a good buy. One worry would be as it is a relatively unknown manufacturer, would it be updated on air regularily? I have a Freeview set top box which has never received an on air upgrade when my other unit has...
November 1st 06 11:35 PM
by Ian Go to last post
6 302
Monitor for TV by Geoff Lane
I'm currently using a video sender unit for TV reception in an area of my home where running a TV aerial would be difficult. I would like to purchase an LCD screen for this room but the screens with TV tuners are considerably more expensive than computer monitors. As with my present set up I am not using a TV tuner I'd like to consider just a computer monitor but the input is different. Anyone...
November 1st 06 08:26 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
7 130
Post New Thread