Post New Thread
Philips HD PVR by Michael Chare
Would one of these let you view and record the BBC terrestrial HD broadcasts from Crystal Palace? http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dit9719_05/dit9719_05_pss_eng.pdf (As used by the new BT Vision service) http://www.btvision.bt.com
December 6th 06 09:29 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
1 209
sony dvd recorder not stopping problem by kevin bailey
Hi, Have generally been happy with the Sony DVD recorder RDR-HXD710 apart from the odd freeze and 20 minute shutdown. Recently however it will sometimes not stop recording at the end of a program. The recording keeps going until another recording starts or I press the rec stop button. Then in the title list the name of the program is not displayed - all I get is the program length.
December 6th 06 08:54 AM
by Richard Brooks Go to last post
8 884
Will this increase the TV price? by JustStand
An article in China Daily says that "Chinese TV makers set to establish united front" to safeguard their insterests because US is going to enforce about $30/set patent fee to them: "China's 13 top TV set makers are expected to form an industry alliance to handle standardization and intellectual property right issues as early as this month, as they strive to gain a bigger say in the global market...
December 5th 06 10:54 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
7 223
Best Seller TV Shows Archived at TV DVD Planet by [email protected]
The all time favorite TV Shows and Series you longing to watch are now just a click away. TV DVD Planet archived them all for you, an independent owned and well operated company has a wide selection of best TV shows from the past up to the latest releases. All you wanted television shows are now on DVD and continue to add more so stay up and visit us regularly. From action, comedy, sci-fi,...
December 5th 06 09:36 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
2 145
Low gain masthead amplifiers by Bill Wright
It often happens that a masthead amplifier is needed, but one with very low gain. In the past we have had to use an amp with a gain figure of perhaps 16dB, with an attenuator at the distribution amplifier input. Now I have a religious conviction that unneccessary amplification is a BAD THING and a SIN, so this technique causes me great moral discomfiture. One night, as I lay abed writhing in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 5th 06 05:37 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
43 982
Nokia 9850T - Deal or no Deal by [email protected]
Hi All, One of my cow-orkers has just bought a refurbished one of these from CPC for the princely (or do I mean pricey!) sum of 25.00. He can't get it to pull in any channels either at work (untested aerial) or at home (where his Daewoo/Setpal works). He's asked me to try it at my place (which at least is shown on the various sites as being able to get DTT).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 06 01:55 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
10 358
Price differential by Peter Munks
Marks & Spencer are currently selling HDMI cables for 25. Lidl are selling them for 4.99 Is this a record?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 5th 06 01:32 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
29 720
When is a PVR not a PVR - Daewoo DSD9430 Set Top Box with Pay As You Go by [email protected]
Just spotted this on Amazon for about 40 They claim it has an 80Mb hard drive for approx 40 hours recording! A couple of other places think it's just a Freeview box with a TUTV slot. Any one know who's right?
December 5th 06 01:11 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
3 402
"Freeview" channels by [email protected]
Hi All I have an ex-Sky box/dish, but do not receive all "freeview" channels. A couple of years ago, when BBC were going digital, it was possible to purchase a viewing card to extend choice, at a one time only charge. Is this card still available and where would you buy? Would it be worthwhile? Would I receive progs like "At the Races" and "4 More"? David.
December 5th 06 01:00 PM
by MJ Ray Go to last post
4 229
Hauppauge Win TV-Nova-S-Plus PCI satllite card by Rob
Just aquired the above PCI card which enable free to air satellite viewing on a computer. Trouble is the application Win2000 (which I have used previously with terrestrial without problems) keeps crashing. I believe there is free software that can be used instead. Does anyone know the name of the software please or do you know why the Win2000 application keeps crashing?
December 5th 06 11:22 AM
by Richard Brooks Go to last post
1 151
screen formats by rocky
Our crt portable 14" tv is on its last legs and we are thinking of buying a Sony Bravia KDL15G2000U with built in freeview tuner which is 4:3 aspect ratio.Will programmes transmitted in 16:9 show as letter box or do all programmes convert to 4:3 automatically. .Or am I better off looking for a 16:9 widescreen version.
December 4th 06 10:28 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
6 218
IDTVs: the customer interface by Bill Wright
"Would you mind just setting the new telly up and showing her how to work it?" "OK, no problem. You get off now or you'll miss your bus." "Alright. Thanks Bill. Just let me have the invoice." "Ha! We've no time to write invoices! Can you wait 'til after Christmas?" "Gerrout yer daft bugger! Anyway, will you take the old telly away?"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 10:18 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
18 482
Problem Humax MG-TU1 by harrogate3
Have had one of these boxes for a year or so and have just found out the red button facility doesn't work. I'm sure it used to be not now. Have done a full system reset but to no avail. Anyone any experience of or ideas about this beastie? --
December 4th 06 08:08 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
2 319
How to install an aerial by Bill Wright
1. Install the aerial using Emley Moor transmitter. 2. Observe that reception from the Philips DTT box is snowy, with a hiss on the sound. 3. Observe that reception from the DVD player is also snowy, with a hiss on the sound. 4. Eliminate the two-way manual scart switch from the installation, with no improvement. 5. Connect the DTT box into the analyser AV input, observe good reception. 6....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 07:24 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
12 561
What is my Humax Updating? by Davy
Every few weeks when I switch on my Humax 8000 I see a screen which informs me that the 'loader' is updating and then that a game is being updated. The menu of my Humax shows me that the software has not been updated for two years; and the user manual has no mention of games. So what exactly is being updated? thanks, Davy
December 4th 06 07:17 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
4 215
DAB abroad? by Ronny
I just discovered that there is more than one way of transmitting DAB radio depending on what country you are in. Does that mean that a DAB radio bought in this country will not work in other countries? (I know you can't receive programmes broadcast OUTSIDE of the country you are in, but I mean can you not pick up local stations either?) Sorry if this is an "old chestnut" and there is an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 4th 06 06:13 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
21 1,149
Overselling Accessories? by tim.....
Was in one of those electrical stores that everyone loves to hate, looking at the flat TV's today. Was listening in on the sales pitch that the young assistant was giving to the (even more) clueless couple buying a TV. After they had decided on their TV, she took them to a stand of surge protectors and proceeds to give a spiel about how, as the area is prone to power cuts (true) and that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 06 06:01 PM
by bud-- Go to last post
33 1,149
Sony VTX-D800U by housetrained
My Sony VTX-D800U STB's EPG is showing "no information" on every channel. I have reinstalled it but still nothing. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know the answer? TIA -- John the West Ham fan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 05:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 359
Cable configeration by edwardo
Hi I have just bought a new lcd tv and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which way I connect all the cables to my sky box, vidoe recorder, and dvd recorder. thanks for any help.. Eddie
December 4th 06 04:15 PM
by ChrisM Go to last post
2 162
Sony KD-32DX100U Digital Television by mlv
I've recently purchased a rather nice Sony KD-32DX100U that is about 4-years-old. Unfortunately the integral digital decoder will only accept and store 2-digit digital channels. It only seems to offer channels 1 to 99. The BBC channels 300, 301, 302, etc. are missing, as are the radio channels, which are all in the 700s. The television is currently running software version r1.03. Back in...
December 4th 06 01:57 PM
by mlv Go to last post
6 555
Post New Thread