Post New Thread
hints on reasonable priced PVRs? by Paul Heslop
My son fancies one and we said we would think about it, but we're really not very well off. It would be great if we had some pointers on what seem to be the most reasonable and hints on where to buy etc. thanks for any help -- Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged) ------------------------------------------------------- Stop and Look
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 06 04:48 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
15 408
Freeview via NTL cable? by [email protected]
I recently bought a new flat. The service charge does not include a charge for maintenance of a communal TV aerial, but does include a charge for maintenance of an NTL cable connection in each flat. When I first moved in, I was able to view the tail end of the previous occupier's NTL subscription. After a couple of weeks, when I turned the TV on I just got a blue screen. By removing the cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 06 07:59 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
18 408
Investing in Independent Film by Ovation
Investing in Independent Film has traditionally been in the high risk / high reward category. Typically investors sunk millions into a film hoping to win the film lottery with a big blockbuster. Unfortunately, using that method is about as successful as buying a real lottery ticket. In a business filled with conflicting opinions which so often cause investors to make their investment decisions...
October 29th 06 10:22 AM
by Ovation Go to last post
0 134
OT Slightly - SCART Digi-box and Scartless TV by Roger Hunt
Greetings utdtv I hope this isn't too off topic, but it all erupted when I bought one of those Argos Wharfdale digi-boxes and subsequently noticed that the excellent old TV (Alba CTV744) I want to plug it into does not have a SCART socket, only a blanking plate. Question is - might it be possible to plumb in a SCART socket, given that the TV almost has one already? Any links to the subject would...
October 29th 06 12:38 AM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
8 243
Television X PID's by joefish
On 09 Oct 2006, strax wrote in : Seeing as Red Hot TV has closed down on Freeview, does anyone have the PID's for Television X. This is for educational purposes only of course Video = 5377
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 28th 06 11:30 PM
by Welshman Go to last post
23 3,664
TUTV Anytime Latest by John Porcella
I received this with respect to the delay in TUTV sending out the PVR for the TUTV Anytime package. ********************************************* Dear Mr Porcella, We're writing to inform you about an important development in the launch of the new Top Up TV Anytime service. We're pleased to announce that Disney Channel programming will now also form part of the new Top Up TV Anytime line-up.
October 28th 06 05:32 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 143
Beautiful women, aged clones, and Ultimate Fighting Championship by [email protected]
Friend, I'm always looking for good and intelligent individuals like you to visit my website, www.ChezBrandon.com , and it has pictures of beautiful women, information about aged clones, and a link to Ultimate Fighting Championship, a very good show. My name is Brandon, and I'm in my 20s, am a college student, and as lie detectors, both conventional and unconventional would show, I've...
October 28th 06 10:22 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 115
freecom dvb-t usb2 dongle by nick
anyone got this (or any other make). does it save to mpeg2?
October 28th 06 06:32 AM
by Zathras Go to last post
5 211
vcr record/playback on samsung lcd freeview tv by computar2006
Got a problem with vcr record/playback on samsung lcd freeview tv (le26r7). I want to record the freeview channels. The tv has 2 scart sockets at the rear marked: ext1 (rgb) ext2 (avi)
October 28th 06 02:38 AM
by computar2006 Go to last post
1 152
Where is a mobile phone :-) by PEO from ITALY
How to detect where is a mobile phone? It's very simple: just clic the link, insert the mobile phone number and press the key "Localizzare". In few seconds you will know where is your wife / husband / friend / sister / son / boss... http://www.studiopasquali.it/satphone/index.htm Attention: sometimes it's better don't know...
October 27th 06 03:12 PM
by PEO from ITALY Go to last post
0 107
(Maybe OT) VGA to HDMI Cable by Robert Berry
Hi All, I'm sure you'll be the chaps who will know this. My new HD LCD had an HDMI socket but no VGA. I'd like to rig my laptop to it, which only has a VGA socket. Is such a lead available and if so where from and how much? Kind Regards and thanks for the advice that's been offered to others which I've 'borrowed' in the past. Rob ;-)
October 27th 06 10:10 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
4 148
Aerial installer in Newport? by Matti Lamprhey
I live in Newport (the city) and get my DTT channels from Mendip. Signal strength is good but I suffer from sporadic break-up which I assume is caused by impulsive interference. Typically this will happen very irregularly with an MTBF of 20 minutes and an MTTR of a second. The aerial was replaced with DTT in mind in late 2002 approx. I'd like to get a local expert in to see if things can be...
October 27th 06 10:08 AM
by Matti Lamprhey Go to last post
0 100
Humax 9200T autopadding by Jeff Layman
Just got a 9200T (software version 08) that doesn't appear to be autopadding. Is there a preference in the setup somewhere to enable/disable this that I haven't spotted? -- Jeff (cut "thetape" to reply)
October 26th 06 08:24 PM
by Victor Delta Go to last post
3 127
look North Ex-pat list by Dave Fawthrop
Paultheweatherman on Look North has started a list of those watching Look North in non English locations. He naturally has some in Southern France and Spain, receiving Astra2D on huge dishes. Now am waiting for someone high up in the BBC to complain that ex-pats are not supposed to be watching and are infringing the BEEB's copyright or something. -- Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk...
October 26th 06 07:09 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
4 153
Has anyone got a Slingbox? by JPG
Seeing quite a few of these about for about 180 - has anyone used one? How do they control a PVR, such as the Humax 9200t or Sky+. They are supposed to adjust bitrates on the the fly so that you always get the best picture for the conditions - virtually full bitrate for home networking, allowing you to watch TV on your laptop in the bedroom, for example; and bitrate reducing when on the...
4 166
Sky Sports on Freeview ? by Keith
Hello I'm aware that there was some discussion earlier in the year, about Sky Sports possibly being made available through Top Up TV, to Freeview. I really don't want to have to subscribe to Sky, as all I want are the sport channels.....does anyone know if this is going to happen? If so, when? I've had a look at the Freeview site, but there is nothing regarding
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 25th 06 11:24 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
50 768
I'm aerial installing this Saturday :-) by Marky P
I'm installing an aerial for my best mate this weekend. He's recently moved into a flat above a night club & the loft aerial is ok, but there's interference from passing motorbikes, so I'm sticking it on the roof. Ideal working conditions, nice flat roof to stick a step ladder on, should get me high enough. Got a proper 9x9 bracket and anchor bolts. There is an aerial outside at the mo, but...
October 25th 06 09:54 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
8 154
Michael Schumacher prog by Peter
There was an ITV programme by Murray Walker on Michael Schumachers career the other night - unfortunatley it wasn't broadcat on ITV Wales - can anyone point me towards anywhere where I may download the prog - or advise if it is going to be repeated? -- Cheers
October 25th 06 02:04 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 117
Connecting TV VCR and DVD recorder by Linedancer
We have a new Panasonic LCD TV : TX-32LXD60 with 2 scart sockets Old Analogue Panasonic VCR with 1 scart socket New DVD recorder Liteon-5115 GHC with 2 scart sockets The VCR is linked by scart to the DVD, the aerial input is in to the DVD, the output linked to the TV. The VCR scart socket is AV1 We record our old VHS tapes to DVD which works fine,
October 25th 06 11:29 AM
by Linedancer Go to last post
3 953
Freeview with no scart??? by [email protected]
I just installed a freeview box for my neice which works fine. The aerial goes into the RF in and i have another RF lead going from the RF out to the TV, and also a scart lead from the box to the TV The RF lead allows BBC1 - Channel 5 on the regular channels (also Sky, fed from downstairs, is tuned into Channel 6) and the freeview works over the scart channel but.......i cannot tune in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 06 11:45 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
19 385