Post New Thread
USB DVB-T with NTSC input? by Cuzman
OK, here's the conundrum: My friend has an NTSC Playstation2 which happily worked on his plasma screen at home via composite due to the TV automatically handling the NTSC signal. He is now at university, left his Playstation2 at home, but will be picking it up at Christmas when he goes home. He only has a laptop at university. No TV. Is there any product around that will convert the...
November 30th 06 11:13 PM
by David Glover Go to last post
4 205
Loft bracket for bigger than 1 inch pole by Ben
Can you get them? I've only been able to find them for 1 inch poles. I'd like one for a 1.25 or 1.5 inch pole.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 30th 06 06:57 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
27 522
Lidl Targa TSR 500 Twin Tuner Sat PVR USB I/O by Roger R
The product manual, under 'Exchanging data with your PC' says: "You can access the hard disk from your computer. To do so, connect the computer and the TSR 500 HDD via a USB cable on the USB port on the back panel of the device. On your PC, Open My Computer. The hard disk appears as a new storage device and you will be able to copy or delete data, (movies, recordings, music etc)." I have not...
November 30th 06 09:59 AM
by Roger R Go to last post
0 391
sky+ box crash by [email protected]
my sky+ box was playing up,would record but would freeze every so often.then tonight it crashed and froze solid ,went through usual power off procedure when finally restarted it had wiped my recordings and when trying to record ,displays system fault,two things, one can I assume the hard drives gone, two if I buy a replacement box can I set it up myself or will I have to pay sky engineers to come...
November 29th 06 11:03 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
2 144
Sony STB buggered after update. by Agamemnon
Since the last firmware upgrade I have had to reset my Sony STB twice in the past week in order to get the EPG and Now Next to display event information from Sandy Heath. Before the update I never had this problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 06 06:19 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
11 292
LCD TV Backlight by daz
Hi I have a new TV. It's a Sony Bravia 40" W2000. About 2 weeks old. For me, CRT is much better than LCD, but I wanted a big TV that wasn't deep, so went with LCD. I am surpised at how good the picture is when it is showing an image, but when the screen goes blank, the backlight non-uniformity is very obvious and annoying. I have varied the backlight intensity,
November 29th 06 02:26 PM
by Ked Go to last post
5 188
Query about Humax PVR by John Hatpin
I've got this Humax PVR-9200T, thanks to your recommendations, and it's absolutely wonderful - I'm love it. Thanks. There is something I don't understand about it, though, and I can't find any explanation in the (otherwise excellent) manual: I tend to get into the habit of browsing through the guide and marking programmes I'm interested in for recording, usually a day or so ahead but sometimes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 06 11:49 AM
by Keith W Go to last post
11 292
wiring digital coaxial cable by mehall126
I have a freeview box and have attempted to wire digital coaxial cable from a wideband aerial to the connector which plugs into the box. I have isolated this from other components (DVD and video) so that I am only running the freeview box and TV but I still get an unpredicatable and sometimes poor signal through the freeview. I am sure the problem is with the wiring to the connector. I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 06 06:54 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
39 1,198
PVR DVD Recommendations by kingzong
My video has died, so I now want to get a Freeview PVR, I have a max budget of 300 quid, and I would like to be able to burn DVDs too. I've found these: Toshiba RD-85DT 160GB, DVD-R/DVD-RW, 225 from the Coop online Panasonic DMREX75GBS, 160GB, all DVD formats, 281 Digital Direct Sony RDR HXD860, 160GB, all DVD formats, 287 from Digital Direct As far as I can tell all of these have just one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 06 06:50 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
13 376
BBC Special Report - Future of TV by [email protected]
He http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/entertainment/2006/future_of_tv/default.stm see how many errors you can spot :-) (I think 20-50Mbps for HDTV via IPTV is the worst one, but I've only skimmed through). Cheers,
November 28th 06 12:22 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
3 131
Better sound by Richard Tobin
I have a Panasonic DVD/HDD recorder and a JVC TV with digital tuner both of which I'm quite happy with. But I'd like better sound quality. I see that there are plenty of "home cinema" systems which provide more speakers than you can shake a stick at, and often have a DVD player built in, which I don't need. I'd just like to get reasonable stereo sound out of the TV, and be able to play CDs as...
November 28th 06 11:59 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
5 161
On-screen interference by [email protected]
Hello Guys I've been having on-screen interference on my TV for the past couple of days. I checked that my TV and video recorder are correctly tuned to my Sky digibox, every thing seems fine. Can someone help? Cheers
November 28th 06 11:27 AM
by trojanfoe Go to last post
9 240
Ever been asked for one of these Bill? by Graham
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/ANT_B.JPG -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
November 28th 06 12:13 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 164
London site screened by high building by Tony
I am trying to advise a relative whose flat is completely screened from Crystal Palace by the Euston Tower which is close by. There is no position on the roof that is not screened. I don't know what aerial is installed, but the aerial socket that is provided carries a poor quality signal from only one multiplex, and no usable analogue TV. A set top aerial gets nothing usable at all. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 06 12:06 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
34 586
The recent propagation conditions: a few notes by Bill Wright
We see these unusual conditions from time to time, but this was the first time that I've had the opportunity to study the results of one event at several radically different locations. On Tuesday at 2.30pm I parked the motorhome on the road from Braithwell to Ravenfield, at a point where the road is about 450 ft above sea level and there are clear views all round. Belmont is line-of-sight,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 27th 06 09:46 PM
by John Go to last post
31 741
160GB Personal Video Recorder with Freeview at Aldi by DavidM
It looks interesting, and the twin tuner is a nice touch for the money. Question is, are these devices able to record from an analogue source? There is no mention of analogue, or RF aerial in the description. I was hoping to replace the old VCR, but it would be inconvenient if it could not record programs from the Sky box as well. Anybody have experience with this device or the previous...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 06 08:56 PM
by DavidM Go to last post
12 579
SNR Levels by Geoff Lane
I appreciate there are a lot of factors governing digital reliability and I am curious as to certain readings on my BT badged Netgem digital set top box. I live in HA88YH and am 16 miles from Crystal Palace transmitter. I have a loft aerial going in to a Proception variable gain masthead amp. This is feeding three TVs. Reception is steady and the only problem I occasionally get is when...
November 27th 06 07:25 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
2 156
Hitachi TV by Darren Jones
I`ve got a 21inch Hitachi TV and theres a buzzing coming from it. I`ve tried tuning but nothing seems to help, any ideas? Or is it on its last legs, its a good few years old now and i`m only using it because my widescreen LG TV stopped working and a burning smell came from it last night.
November 27th 06 06:20 PM
by Darren Jones Go to last post
0 119
Nobby? by Branston MILF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWD5_dx7V0
November 27th 06 02:00 PM
by Branston MILF Go to last post
0 162
DTT,PVRs etc by mike
I've just been running a test on DTT, usung a GDB4, and decided it's not ready yet where I am. Main channels good, but still intermittent sound dropout, 4 and 5 unreliable. At present I record on a Sony HHH/DVD from analogue and Sky free to air/view, and all is well, but one day I'd like to go to DTT and use a twin tuner PVR and separate DVD recorder.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 27th 06 12:32 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
29 551