Post New Thread
Problem Humax MG-TU1 by harrogate3
Have had one of these boxes for a year or so and have just found out the red button facility doesn't work. I'm sure it used to be not now. Have done a full system reset but to no avail. Anyone any experience of or ideas about this beastie? --
December 4th 06 07:08 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
2 308
How to install an aerial by Bill Wright
1. Install the aerial using Emley Moor transmitter. 2. Observe that reception from the Philips DTT box is snowy, with a hiss on the sound. 3. Observe that reception from the DVD player is also snowy, with a hiss on the sound. 4. Eliminate the two-way manual scart switch from the installation, with no improvement. 5. Connect the DTT box into the analyser AV input, observe good reception. 6....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 06:24 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
12 531
What is my Humax Updating? by Davy
Every few weeks when I switch on my Humax 8000 I see a screen which informs me that the 'loader' is updating and then that a game is being updated. The menu of my Humax shows me that the software has not been updated for two years; and the user manual has no mention of games. So what exactly is being updated? thanks, Davy
December 4th 06 06:17 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
4 207
DAB abroad? by Ronny
I just discovered that there is more than one way of transmitting DAB radio depending on what country you are in. Does that mean that a DAB radio bought in this country will not work in other countries? (I know you can't receive programmes broadcast OUTSIDE of the country you are in, but I mean can you not pick up local stations either?) Sorry if this is an "old chestnut" and there is an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 4th 06 05:13 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
21 1,068
Overselling Accessories? by tim.....
Was in one of those electrical stores that everyone loves to hate, looking at the flat TV's today. Was listening in on the sales pitch that the young assistant was giving to the (even more) clueless couple buying a TV. After they had decided on their TV, she took them to a stand of surge protectors and proceeds to give a spiel about how, as the area is prone to power cuts (true) and that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 06 05:01 PM
by bud-- Go to last post
33 1,089
Sony VTX-D800U by housetrained
My Sony VTX-D800U STB's EPG is showing "no information" on every channel. I have reinstalled it but still nothing. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know the answer? TIA -- John the West Ham fan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 04:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 342
Cable configeration by edwardo
Hi I have just bought a new lcd tv and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which way I connect all the cables to my sky box, vidoe recorder, and dvd recorder. thanks for any help.. Eddie
December 4th 06 03:15 PM
by ChrisM Go to last post
2 160
Sony KD-32DX100U Digital Television by mlv
I've recently purchased a rather nice Sony KD-32DX100U that is about 4-years-old. Unfortunately the integral digital decoder will only accept and store 2-digit digital channels. It only seems to offer channels 1 to 99. The BBC channels 300, 301, 302, etc. are missing, as are the radio channels, which are all in the 700s. The television is currently running software version r1.03. Back in...
December 4th 06 12:57 PM
by mlv Go to last post
6 536
Ping [email protected] address by [email protected]
Would Mike ([email protected] address) of this parish please drop me an email with a valid address (Mine is chris_holmes at uk2.net) Thanks
December 4th 06 12:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 178
Adding DVD recorder into Sky +??? by Dave Jennings
Hi everyone, I see a somewhat similar post very recently on this, but here's my specific problem in numptie talk, as that's my capability level: Current setup is: Sony TV with 3 scarts.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 06 10:28 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
40 869
Splitting a .mpg recording into two by Slitheen
Maybe not technically on topic for this forum, but I guess many folk here that are more than familiar with VideoRedoPlus and the editing of their recordings. Basically, I bought VideoRedoPlus a few months ago, and have only now just got round to doing all the ad deletion work I've wanted to do for ages. I am now quite fluent in streamfixing and then marking the ad breaks to be cut away,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 07:33 AM
by Mike Go to last post
11 427
A photo processing software is picasa by sanwan
A photo processing software is picasa http://www.devcan.com/picasa/
December 3rd 06 10:25 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
5 224
Cannot watch 'Score' during Grandstand by baz
As subject. When I press my Freeview red button the box changes to channel 301 and Score is on, after 2 seconds it disappears. I have tried changing channels manually to 301 with no joy. Any ideas? Baz
December 3rd 06 12:05 PM
by Piggy Go to last post
2 138
What is Contrast Ratio by tim.....
I'm helping my sister buy a HD (ready) TV. She has somehow got focused on one with a high Contrast Ratio. What is this value? I've seen it differ from 500:1 to 6000:1. That's a pretty big range. Is it really important? tim
December 3rd 06 11:02 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
7 247
test by Bill Wright
test
December 2nd 06 08:46 PM
by James Hart Go to last post
5 192
Wireless Cable Info by banbear
Check out www.WirelessCableService.com
December 2nd 06 07:03 PM
by banbear Go to last post
0 173
Legal TV by norm
While I'm moaning; Legal TV. Quite interesting. Loads of old episodes of Crown Court which I used to love. BUT....Why is the aspect ratio wrong on every single program? Crown Court was obviously 4:3 but doesn't fill the width of the screen. The actors look like they've had dysnentry for the last three months. Dipping in and out of the channel, every single program is screwed one way or another.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 06:24 PM
by Graham Go to last post
10 333
Data Over Mains for Consumer Electronics by Dave Farrance
"Televisions and other consumer-electronics equipment going on sale next year will be network-enabled using data-over-mains modules, according to a company making chips implementing the technology. They want to get rid of the HDMI socket and cables," said Andy Barnes, European field applications manager of Intellon." ... "Panasonic has its own data-over-mains technology, which it has said will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 2nd 06 08:41 AM
by charles Go to last post
19 513
TV lotteries by /\\BratMan/\\
From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6190674.stm TV quiz shows which can charge viewers as much as 75p for phone calls even if they do not get through are a "lottery" not a test of skill, MPs have heard. The Commons culture committee was told some channels lured players with easy questions and big prizes, without stating only 0.5% of calls get through. Nick Rust, of Sky Bet, which is...
December 2nd 06 08:36 AM
by AD C Go to last post
7 243
Low Cost and Good Quality Cable TV equipment by MedV Imaging Inc
Low Cost and Good Quality Cable TV equipment UniVisual Group Inc is located at the well-known GuangZhou CityŁ¬ China. UniVisual Group Inc is a medical, furniture and Cable TV equipment company. UniVisual's Cable TV Division is one of the major manufacturers and distributors of cable television equipment such as amplifiers, fiber optical transmitters , optical receivers Cable...
December 1st 06 10:55 AM
by MedV Imaging Inc Go to last post
0 141
Post New Thread