Post New Thread
Freeview only by C
Is there a newsgroup dedicated just to Freeview?
December 29th 06 08:19 AM
by Dr Zoidberg Go to last post
1 133
Topup TV by Andy Hoad
Can anyone please confirm my fears that the Topup TV cards are np longer available? TIA Andy
December 29th 06 12:33 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
1 181
Why two aerial connectors? by Jim Lesurf
In article , Bob Latham wrote: Does anyone have any idea why two aerial connectors? If it helps, the flats are in Wombourne Staffordshire and are served (I suspect) by the Wreakin transmitter. ahem Perhaps one of them uses Nordost cable supplied by Russ Andrews, and the other cheap CT100 supplied by Maplins. ;-
December 28th 06 05:24 PM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
0 114
lcd tv newbie! please help! by Willll
hi guys, please forgive me if this is a painfully obvious query but having googled and checked forums and websites I couldnt get the answer I need! I got an LCD tv for Christmas for my bedroom. I sleep on a futon which means I am very low down when I watch the tv. no problem thinks I, I will get a tilty wall mount, cost a lot more than I expected yikes! anyway, the scart socked on said tv...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 06 08:01 PM
by mike Go to last post
14 361
Top Up TV Anytime Review by [email protected]
There's now a mini review of Top Up TV Anytime and the new Thomson DTI6300 box at http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/topuptvanytime.html . This includes a collection of screenshots of the interface
December 27th 06 02:11 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
8 206
DVD by Michael Chare
My wife was give a region 2 Philips DVD player for Christmas. There is an all region version of the player, is it likely to be worth while trying to exchange it - or should I not look a gift horse in the mouth? We are not particularly likely to buy DVDs from the US (or any of the other regions) but one can't be sure of the future! So far we have just started to view the DVDs we have been...
December 27th 06 01:50 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
4 207
LCD TV without the Sound, Tuner,etc. by housetrained
Do you know if anyone makes an LCD TV without all the TV trappings? All I am looking for is a good quality 36" monitor that will take TV input from an STB, DVD player etc. TIA -- John the West Ham fan
December 26th 06 04:41 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
6 280
Women Breast Beauty Figure Fittnes in Asia by [email protected]
I am m fan of movies and Tv,Film But I don't know why the standard of female models are not maintaining by film makers, They select a model from millions of girls but they can't find that type beautiful figure, (specially; Indian,Asian) Female models are going too slim or straight looks without breasts or with Artificial breasts (inside foam), unless without Breasts and in colourful shiny...
December 25th 06 02:08 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 150
Recommendations for HDD/DVD/Freeview recorder by Martin Underwood
I've been debating for a while whether to replace my VHS VCR and separate OnDigital (Freeview) box with an HDD/DVD/Freeview recorder. My main requirements a - all-in-one, to avoid having to programme a recording twice: once in the recorder and then all over again in a separate Freeview decoder - although I will mainly use it for time-shifting (using the HDD), the ability to archive selected...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 25th 06 11:51 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
12 448
Unwatchable DTTV by Doctor D
Our normally solid terrestrial signal levels are all over the place at the moment, presumably due to the weather (it's been foggy here for about 4 days.) We're about 30 miles due south of Sutton Coldfield. The analogue reception is varying from the usual perfect to very snowy over very short periods (10 minutes.) I've had to give up on the Freeview boxes at the moment. Analogue Five is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 06 06:18 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
16 432
Humax or Toppy by Margaret Willmer
Having had a wander in John Lewis this morning and seen both PVRs I am wondering which to buy. Does anyone know if there is a comparison FAQ or site so I can make a reasonable judgment? I don't mind paying the extra Ł100 for the Toppy if it is going to be much better. Thanks Margaret
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 24th 06 05:56 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
35 765
TOT but seasonal..Does Santa Exist? by [email protected]
Does Santa exist? Hmmm..lets apply some scientific logic to the question. There are about 2 billion children in the world but Santa doesn’t have to visit Moslem, Hindu, Jewish or Buddhist children. That reduces his Christmas night workload to 15% or 378 million. At an average rate of 3.5 children per household, that means 108 million homes assuming at least one good child in each one. Thanks...
December 24th 06 01:27 PM
by Scott Go to last post
8 203
SKY STEREO PROBLEMS by [email protected]
I am not able to get stereo sound through my Phillips TV whilst watching through Sky digibox. I have connected with a Scart & system settings are set to stereo in digibox. I saw a thread posted back in 2001 with same problem but couldn't see the answer. Can anyone help? Thanks in anticipation!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 06 08:42 AM
by charles Go to last post
10 258
Humax 9200-T by Bill
Hi, I've found the facility to download and edit material recorded on the 9200-T most useful, the only snag being that I have to take the lap top to the 9200. Has anyone any experience of a wireless device that can plug into the usb port and be accessed via a normal wireless network? The nearest I have found is a Belkin F5D7231UK4P which the nice man in PCWorld " thinks " may work. ...
December 24th 06 12:27 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
8 292
DTTV STB query by harrogate3
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced STB that allows the channels to be sorted, either within the normal channels list or within favourites. I know the Humax MG-TU1 and its relatives (Astratec TOPD2, Matsui TUTV1, Digifusion FRT101T) can do it but these are all TUTV boxes which are rapidly vanishing or overpriced. I have a Humax, I bought my daughter the Astratec (same as Humax except no...
December 23rd 06 09:36 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
4 216
Freeview stutters by Monk
Whether I am watching Freeview on my laptop via a USB card or on a digital TV I find that despite a perfect picture quality, occasionally there is a stutter in the signal. The picture freezes for about 2 seconds. It happens about every 15 minutes. This happens on other people's TVs too, e.g. one at McDonalds. It creates imperfections when recording and affects one's enjoyment of an otherwise...
December 23rd 06 09:32 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
6 230
LCD Resolution by Geoff Lane
I understand pixel resolution when applied to computer screens but am a wee bit puzzled re LCD TV Screens I was viewing similar sized screens in a department store today and some branded screens were 640x480 (I'm almost certain I remember that correctly) whereas others were 1024x768. Now on a computer screen I know the higher res allows more to be seen on the screen but the TV is a fixed image...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 23rd 06 06:27 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
11 350
OfCom kills off HDTV by Chas Gill
Several of you will no doubt be delighted (?) to peruse this little offering, which says, amongst other things, that the Great British Public would appear to prefer a wider choice of SD channels than free to air HD channels, so they aren't bending over backwards to provide for Terrestrial HD in the big spectrum sell-off (the "Digital Dividend") that will coincide with analogue switch off. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 23rd 06 03:36 PM
by Peter Go to last post
26 622
Strong spare parts by Rob
Don't suppose anyne would know who supplies Strong Satellite Receiver spare parts in the UK? I have a SRT4155 with a blown PSU which is the only board not shown in the manual as they buy it ready made. This has the regulator blown apart so I can't identify that either. The psu by the way is M280LS which IS on the internet but with no details. Dammit!
December 23rd 06 12:30 PM
by Rob Go to last post
0 196
Distrib uting A/V via CAT5 by Roly
Can anybody point me to any articles explaining a DIY approach to distributing stereo audio and video over CAT 5 ? I know of commercial solutions, which I assume to be based on baluns, but for my purposes I'd like to include a sort of distribution amplifier, so that one source is sent to three rooms simultaneously. Obviously I could connect three senders to three outputs of a DA, but I'd rather...
December 22nd 06 11:07 PM
by Roly Go to last post
2 195
Post New Thread