Post New Thread
Satellite freeview with Channel 4 and Five by Keith
I use a Sky+ box with the minimum subscription I can use and still get the Sky+ system to work. I would rather use a satellite based PVR system to get the freeview channels but this means that I cannot receive Channel 4 and Five. The terrestrial reception is very bad where I live so I must go for a satellite system. Is there any way that I could use a PVR system to get the freeview channels...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 06 05:04 PM
by Brian W Go to last post
17 344
Another use for low gain masthead amps by Bill Wright
Yesterday I arrived on site at a new megastore job, to find that the aerial location was 70 metres from the head end. The Tx is Winter Hill with muxes up at the top on 66, 67, and 68. Seventy metres of CT100 is gonna lose getting on for 14dB on ch68, and I suspected that the cable run (done by the sparks) meanders somewhat. The top three muxes were all good and healthy from the aerial at...
November 26th 06 02:55 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
8 216
Using a Spanish TDT set in the UK by [email protected]
A bad aerial means that my TDT box receives nothing in Spain, so I took it back to see what happens when it is pluggeed into the scart of a UK tv. TV channels all fine for sound and vision, but the numbering structure does not work, they are listed 1, 2, 3, etc in order of downloading. In my case Sky News comes out as the first channel.
5 466
Them little dots in the corner of the screen just before theadverts come on by Mark Carver
Edster wrote: Not many programmes have the little dots any more, but a few of them still do. Afterlife had them, for example. Is there any advantage to them any more? Are they there for the benefit of foreign transmissions, or are they just included because they always used to be there? Or is there still someone sat there waiting for the ad break who needs to push a button when the...
November 26th 06 11:18 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
0 122
HD by Scott
What is the exact meaning of HD? Any differences to Full HD? Thanks, Scott
November 26th 06 09:03 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
1 157
Auto tuning by Scott
I have learnt that the latest TV can automatically tune in BBC1, BBC2, ... etc. Is it a special feature on specific TV or a feature from broadcaster? Thanks, Scott
November 26th 06 09:01 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
1 122
Splitting a TV aerial feed by Victor Delta
We live in a poor to moderate signal strength area and have a 4 output aerial amplifier in the loft. In our living room, the coax to our main family TV goes through some sort of power unit (presumably to feed the loft amp) and then on to the TV. I would like to feed another TV in an adjacent room without, if possible,
November 26th 06 07:44 AM
by Ian Jackson Go to last post
2 162
HDMI cable costs by Chas Gill
I've seen HDMI cables in the 1m - 2m range from as little as 8 to as much as 60 (some of the latter in retail sheds). At the end of the day I know I'll need good kit if I expect to get a good result, but how do I know I'm actually getting it? I suspect that the cables at both ends of the price range I quoted above are probably a rip-off, so can anyone here offer any advice on a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 25th 06 09:13 PM
by Peter Go to last post
54 1,318
Parliament channel - 81? by Scott
Just as a matter of interest, the BBC info states the now full-screen Parliament channel is on channel 81. However, my box has it as 800. My friend's box shows it as 81. I don't suppose it matter but I am curious now. Scott
November 25th 06 01:06 PM
by Mike GW8IJT Go to last post
4 297
cannot use tv remote to change channels by Jerry
I hook up my vcr player with TV cable, and then to my TV. Then I can only use my tv remote to change voice volume of my tv, but cannot change channels. I can change channels using my vcr player. as i lost my vcr remote, i want to change channels using my tv remote. What can I do ? thanks!
November 25th 06 10:34 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
5 276
OT - mobile phone chargers number 1 planet killer - official by Pyriform
I have this morning received a communication from my current energy supplier, Southern Electric. After explaining that they've fulfilled their May promise not to increase my prices again for the rest of 2006, and are therefore now going to increase them from 1st January 2007, they point me in the direction of their handy energy-saving leaflet, which they have enclosed. "Work WONDERS in a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 24th 06 10:27 PM
by AD C Go to last post
91 6,873
does anyone know where I can get... by SoWeezy
one of these... http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/72000172/Images/2/3RY.jpg that's suitable for video and has 1x RCA male to 2x RCA Male ? thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 06 08:25 PM
by Graham Go to last post
12 467
sluggish freeview guide on Tosh WLT66? by bugbear
I just got one of these; pretty happy, but freeview is "sluggish". Remote control is slow to respond, and the guide doesn't always have all the channels. Sometimes I don't even have BBC1! Anyone seen this, have a diagnosis, or cure?
November 24th 06 06:19 PM
by Rob Go to last post
1 160
Satellite TV channel & radio station bit rates by DAB sounds worse than FM
I've done a web page that lists all of the UK satellite TV channel and radio station bit rates: http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/linowsat_bit_rates.php The bit rate info is pulled from www.linowsat.com (which is why it takes some time for the page to load), which is updated daily, so the bit rate info on this page should always be up-to-date.
November 24th 06 02:43 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
0 457
Them little dots in the corner of the screen just before the adverts come on by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Edster wrote: I always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that they were there to tell someone to get ready to put the tape in with all the adverts on. Like similar blobs in films that told projectionists to get the next reel ready in old style cinemas. But I somehow doubt that TV companies work that way any more, and are...
November 24th 06 08:22 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
0 121
Them little dots in the corner of the screen just before the adverts come on by charles
In article , Edster wrote: I always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that they were there to tell someone to get ready to put the tape in with all the adverts on. Like similar blobs in films that told projectionists to get the next reel ready in old style cinemas. But I somehow doubt that TV companies work that way any more, and are...
November 24th 06 07:37 AM
by charles Go to last post
0 126
Them little dots in the corner of the screen just before the adverts come on by Jukka Aho
Edster wrote: Subject: Them little dots in the corner of the screen just before the adverts come on I always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that they were there to tell someone to get ready to put the tape in with all the adverts on. Like similar blobs in films that told projectionists to get the next reel ready in old style cinemas. But I somehow doubt that TV companies work
November 24th 06 07:16 AM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
0 155
S-video to Scart by Chas Gill
I have a Pioneer DVD player with composite and S-video outputs only. I also have a new Sony Bravia with S-video in (on AV7) and several Scart connectors (AV1, 2, 3) as well as a sprinkling of component and HDMI connectors. I would like to play the DVD via Scart, so that I can reserve the AV7 input on the side of the set for temporary use, such as camcorder. Thing is, when I connect the DVD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 23rd 06 08:40 PM
by Graham Go to last post
26 665
Coast - awful filmic effect by [email protected]
I know, I know, we have enough threads about the filmic effect, but... I got around to watching the first episode of the new series of Coast last night (recorded it the other week). During the last minute or so, on two brief segments (when blokey commented "and at the end of this leg of our journey, we finally some sand!" and then "if you'd like to interact ...") we briefly had good old...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 23rd 06 05:28 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
78 1,578
Labgear CM5220 satellite line amps by Bill Wright
I bought a bunch of these from CPC yesterday. They were a bargain at about 2.50 each, instead of the usual 8 or more. The email from me asking for a returns number reads as follows: The primary purpose of these amplifiers is to compensate for signal losses in long cables. Since these losses increase with frequency it is necessary for the amplifiers to have more gain at the top than at the...
November 23rd 06 10:08 AM
by Roger R Go to last post
8 437
Post New Thread