Post New Thread
WiHD by Dave Farrance
WiHD. This sounds like a better rival for HDMI than the data-over-mains system that I mentioned the other day. I still wonder how the security is going to work out in practice, though, given that as much as half of home wifi networks are run without encryption activated. So maybe people will end up showing their home movies around the neighbourhood's...
November 15th 06 06:38 PM
by Ben Go to last post
1 174
best dvb-t tuner box by pr
Which is most sensitive and resilient to glitches? any ideas?
November 15th 06 05:06 PM
by pr Go to last post
4 225
Sagem PVR EPG by bodorange
My Sagem PVR7280T seems to have a problem with the EPG. I've only noticed it since the 0.4.5 OAD of a week or so ago. Certain channels such as ITV2, ITV3 and Sky3 are missing all EPG data and show 'No data available'. Other channel guides start at the wrong time or have a large block of programmes missing (eg just now Channel4 which had nothing between 08:30 and 15:30 in the list). Is anyone...
November 15th 06 12:15 PM
by bodorange Go to last post
9 388
Them hot glue guns by Dave Fawthrop
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:32:03 +0000, Ian White wrote: Hot Melt gun glue. |A very good application is a shot of hmg into the top end of |semi-airspaced TV coax, to prevent it from becoming a pipeline for |condensed water vapour. (Don't worry, its RF properties are excellent.) Thanks I will use it on my caravan Sat cable.
November 15th 06 11:50 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
0 127
Scart specifications - explanation? by Frank Stacey
My new LCD TV has 2 scart terminals. I am not using either at the moment but will eventually want to use them for recording and DVD playing. The specifications of these 2 interfaces are slightly different and I am unsure what the difference is. They are as follows (from the spec in the manual):- No. 1. SCART (AV input, Y/C input, RGB input, TV output) No. 2 SCART (AV input/output, Y/C...
November 15th 06 01:01 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
4 325
Thousands hit by HD TV chaos by NO One
Thousands hit by HD TV chaos. (From The Sunday Times) Many of the high-definition televisions sold prior to the World Cup still cannot receive the right signals and consumers face months of hassle to get the technology. THOUSANDS of consumers who rushed to buy expensive high-definition televisions ahead of last summerís World Cup may have been left
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 14th 06 09:39 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
50 1,664
Setanta PIDS by Colin Thomson
Hi, Could some kind soul please tell me the Setanta PCR,Video and audio PIDs so I can tune my Nokia 221T freeview box to them. Cheers, Colin
November 14th 06 08:45 PM
by Colin Thomson Go to last post
0 168
BBC website - problems by Steve Watson
Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It appears to be broken. -- Steve Watson
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 06 07:28 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 520
Best Freeview indoor aerial ? by Cuzman
I live in a communal building right in the centre of London (Clerkenwell). The communal aerial doesn't pick up MUX 2 at all. The rest of the channels are patchy at best. None of them gives a perfect signal, and most are completely unwatchable. I've tried an SLx2 but that didn't give me much improvement. Everyone on the building suffers the same problems. Maplin have a new digital...
November 14th 06 07:14 PM
by Alan Go to last post
5 663
Freeview from Video sender by diy-newby
Hi guys. Got a new lcd tv for the conservatory, which I would like to receive the freeview channels (not integreated IDTV). But, I have tried before with a set top box and cannot get a strong enough signal in the cons to receive these channels (as it is fed from an indoor aerial), but I can in the lounge (fed from a loft aerial). I am thinking of plugging the freeview STB in the lounge...
November 14th 06 06:49 PM
by Prometheus Go to last post
9 252
Telewest's French channel - any good? Need a channel for learning French. by tenby
Hi I'm learning French and want a French TV channel. Ideally, I want French subtitles (designed for deaf French people) since this is great for learning when the words are too fast to follow, but you still want to try and understand in French. Sky have such a French channel that looks pretty good for learning. But I'm with Telewest (phone and broadband) so it's easiest to go with them.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 06 08:20 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 316
Problem about "Mark-up" presentation with HyperText (MHEG-5) by Carrie
Does anyone has experience of MHEG-5 Text mark-up presentation? I got one problem with some strange mark-up code: 0x1b, 0x41, 0x03, 0x32, 0x32, 0x1b, 0x61, 0x2c, 0x20 The is the "anchor tag markup start" and 0x03 is the tag length which indicates a "3-bytes" Tag. My problem happens with the , because the "0x1b" (the one
November 14th 06 07:00 AM
by Carrie Go to last post
0 120
Sky Gnome radio by Chris
"Edster" wrote in message ... Would this work with a wireless computer network, or would the network interfere with it the same way it would with a wireless video sender? According to the user manual, Control Channel is 433.92MHz , Audio Channel is 863.4MHz, 863.8MHz, 864.2MHz or 864.6MHz. You can choose which audio channel to use...
November 13th 06 06:14 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
3 155
O.T. - service info, etc, for DVD recorder by Jim Lesurf
I assume this isn't the correct group for what I really want to ask about, but I am hoping someone can direct me to the correct group as I don't know which it might be! I'd like to get service info, etc, on a Philips DVDR50/051 video recorder. In particular about: 1) How to adjust the replay gain (not write level) from the optical sensors.
November 13th 06 03:15 PM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
0 107
Sky+ Remote Record by Mr Harry
Does anyone have any idea when sky+ remote record service will be available? From what I can gather it's a web based interface to your Sky+ box, so that you can set it to record remotely. You'll also be able to detete stuff, view schedules etc..etc all across the interweb! In addition, it also provides TiVo like features, and will record programmes it thinks you'll like automagically, based on...
November 13th 06 12:45 PM
by Mr Harry Go to last post
0 97
who would be right? by Paul Heslop
in an article in private Eye an issue or two ago it mentioned a 'special' offer on Sky subscriptions for folks living in the shadow of a stadium, possibly new Wembley or Arsenal's as it has been found that houses nearby can't get a signal for normal tv. Next issue someone writes in criticizing the mag for falling into the trap of believing the only digital tv available is Sky and all the good...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 13th 06 12:03 PM
by Robin Go to last post
10 181
Freeview reception problem - new re-align aerial or replace? by BillL
Hello all, Just bought the cheapest Digifusion freeview box (£25 from Currys Digital) but although some channels are perfect BBC1/2 BBC3/4 etc I cannot get Ch 4 or Ch 5 and several other channels. I'm in the GL4 area of Gloucester (very good analouge reception) and should be able to get freeview but may have required an aerial replacement. I did a google search for freeview reception...
November 12th 06 06:10 PM
by CJK Go to last post
7 197
Blu Ray vs HD-DVD war pre-empted? by DAB sounds worse than FM
I can't see this having been mentioned, but dual-format players will be ready next year, apparently: http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=193501688 -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info
November 12th 06 04:02 PM
by linkuk Go to last post
1 156
Digital breakup recently in Guildford by David Hearn
I've been getting lots of pops and breakup on my Humax PVR9200T and also my Pioneer DBR-TF100. They're both fed from the same aerial and downlead. We're in Guildford with aerial pointing in the southern direction - so I'm guessing I'm off the local transmitter on the A31/Hogs Back which is just a few miles away. In general the Humax shows strength is about 75%, 100% quality, but sometimes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 06 03:16 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 318
Upgrading hard drive on a PVR. by Qatar Airlines Passanger
Can you do this? In the same way as you would on a computer? I was thinking if I wanted to hive off some recordings to DVD thatI could put the hard drive in my computer and burn usingmy DVDRV drive on the computer. Is that a reasonable thing to be able to do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
10 424
Post New Thread

Display Options