Post New Thread
Rigger recommendation, please by Chas Gill
Can anyone recommend a good bloke to rig a DVB aerial in Bishop's Stortford, Herts. before Christmas? The chap I have used (and trusted) in the past always seems to be "up a ladder" and leaves answering machines on the end of all his phones to tell me that. Seems he never comes down, 'cos he sure ain't returning my calls............. Cheers Chas
December 7th 06 08:38 PM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
2 197
Recording from Digital out by Morse
Hi, sensing this is a stupid question but: Maplin are selling a 160Gb twin tuner Freeview PVR at the mo. They say it's a Digihome, but it's marked Vestel in the pictures. From the shots of the back, there's a digital out RS232, two SCARTs and a CVBS socket(?). How could I dump recorded programs from the PVR onto DVD? Is there such a thing as a digital out to USB converter? Cheers.
December 7th 06 03:03 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
9 280
Noel Edmond's Deal or No Deal.....what's this country coming to? by anon
Noel Edmonds has two nominations for 'Deal or No Deal' in the upcoming National TV Awards: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6056548.stm Fair play to him personally; but WHY do people like this programme? If there were a large population of TV-watching chimpanzees out there then then I might understand it. Has the average IQ in this country dropped to the low 40's in the last couple of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 7th 06 09:46 AM
by bugbear Go to last post
71 2,051
Which way to point it? by Barry
Hi all Having spent this afternoon watching all the local aerials swaying about in the gales I started to think about what I would do when my old aerial finally falls off the chimney. It has been up there for about 10 years and at the moment points to Emley Moor. I have no problems with digital reception, in fact therein lies my problem (?)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 6th 06 10:54 PM
by Graham Go to last post
21 511
Will HD Ready IDTVs be able to show HD Freeview? by Colin Jones
If you buy a new IDTV which is 'HD Ready' will the inbuilt Freeview decoder be able to show HD quality broadcasts when they eventually start? I know for example that some trials have been going on for HD Freeview ( http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/22/uk_hdtv_trial_successful/ ), and I'm assuming that they must have been provided with special hardware to display HD pictures. Is there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 6th 06 08:32 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
21 597
To DVD ot not To DVD? (DVD ot PVR) by Bazzer Smith
Pondering whether to get a DVD recorder or a harddrive type recorder, or a combined unit. I like the idea of a hard drive, saves getting off your arse to change the DVD medium. Also if I just get a harddrive recorder (PVR) can I transfer stuff to my computer to burn a DVD from my computers DVD recorder drive? I mean do they have a USB port or something like that?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 06 08:30 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
60 1,188
How to point an aerial? by Paul D.Smith
All, During my walk to work I got to thinking "how do Bill et. al. point a TV aerial in the right direction"? Now for some installs I can come up with an answer for this question: 1. He can see the transmitter! 2. It's a new install so he fits a short lead, hooks up the analyser "on the roof", find the right direction and then spots a reference point. Take down the aerial, fit the full...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 06 06:20 PM
by Mikeapollo Go to last post
15 467
(US) HDTV Industry Ignoring Uneducated Consumers by Bruce Stewart
From article pointed to from a post in alt.video.digital-tv: "The HDTV industry has glossed over the potential for technically uneducated customers to become alarmed when their TVs stop working after February 17, 2009." http://www.macobserver.com/article/2006/12/04.9.shtml Bruce S.
December 6th 06 02:45 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
1 164
Philips HD PVR by Michael Chare
Would one of these let you view and record the BBC terrestrial HD broadcasts from Crystal Palace? http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dit9719_05/dit9719_05_pss_eng.pdf (As used by the new BT Vision service) http://www.btvision.bt.com
December 6th 06 08:29 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
1 199
sony dvd recorder not stopping problem by kevin bailey
Hi, Have generally been happy with the Sony DVD recorder RDR-HXD710 apart from the odd freeze and 20 minute shutdown. Recently however it will sometimes not stop recording at the end of a program. The recording keeps going until another recording starts or I press the rec stop button. Then in the title list the name of the program is not displayed - all I get is the program length.
December 6th 06 07:54 AM
by Richard Brooks Go to last post
8 845
Will this increase the TV price? by JustStand
An article in China Daily says that "Chinese TV makers set to establish united front" to safeguard their insterests because US is going to enforce about $30/set patent fee to them: "China's 13 top TV set makers are expected to form an industry alliance to handle standardization and intellectual property right issues as early as this month, as they strive to gain a bigger say in the global market...
December 5th 06 09:54 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
7 199
Best Seller TV Shows Archived at TV DVD Planet by [email protected]
The all time favorite TV Shows and Series you longing to watch are now just a click away. TV DVD Planet archived them all for you, an independent owned and well operated company has a wide selection of best TV shows from the past up to the latest releases. All you wanted television shows are now on DVD and continue to add more so stay up and visit us regularly. From action, comedy, sci-fi,...
December 5th 06 08:36 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
2 138
Low gain masthead amplifiers by Bill Wright
It often happens that a masthead amplifier is needed, but one with very low gain. In the past we have had to use an amp with a gain figure of perhaps 16dB, with an attenuator at the distribution amplifier input. Now I have a religious conviction that unneccessary amplification is a BAD THING and a SIN, so this technique causes me great moral discomfiture. One night, as I lay abed writhing in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 5th 06 04:37 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
43 917
Nokia 9850T - Deal or no Deal by [email protected]
Hi All, One of my cow-orkers has just bought a refurbished one of these from CPC for the princely (or do I mean pricey!) sum of 25.00. He can't get it to pull in any channels either at work (untested aerial) or at home (where his Daewoo/Setpal works). He's asked me to try it at my place (which at least is shown on the various sites as being able to get DTT).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 06 12:55 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
10 335
Price differential by Peter Munks
Marks & Spencer are currently selling HDMI cables for 25. Lidl are selling them for 4.99 Is this a record?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 5th 06 12:32 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
29 675
When is a PVR not a PVR - Daewoo DSD9430 Set Top Box with Pay As You Go by [email protected]
Just spotted this on Amazon for about 40 They claim it has an 80Mb hard drive for approx 40 hours recording! A couple of other places think it's just a Freeview box with a TUTV slot. Any one know who's right?
December 5th 06 12:11 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
3 389
"Freeview" channels by [email protected]
Hi All I have an ex-Sky box/dish, but do not receive all "freeview" channels. A couple of years ago, when BBC were going digital, it was possible to purchase a viewing card to extend choice, at a one time only charge. Is this card still available and where would you buy? Would it be worthwhile? Would I receive progs like "At the Races" and "4 More"? David.
December 5th 06 12:00 PM
by MJ Ray Go to last post
4 215
Hauppauge Win TV-Nova-S-Plus PCI satllite card by Rob
Just aquired the above PCI card which enable free to air satellite viewing on a computer. Trouble is the application Win2000 (which I have used previously with terrestrial without problems) keeps crashing. I believe there is free software that can be used instead. Does anyone know the name of the software please or do you know why the Win2000 application keeps crashing?
December 5th 06 10:22 AM
by Richard Brooks Go to last post
1 145
screen formats by rocky
Our crt portable 14" tv is on its last legs and we are thinking of buying a Sony Bravia KDL15G2000U with built in freeview tuner which is 4:3 aspect ratio.Will programmes transmitted in 16:9 show as letter box or do all programmes convert to 4:3 automatically. .Or am I better off looking for a 16:9 widescreen version.
December 4th 06 09:28 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
6 206
IDTVs: the customer interface by Bill Wright
"Would you mind just setting the new telly up and showing her how to work it?" "OK, no problem. You get off now or you'll miss your bus." "Alright. Thanks Bill. Just let me have the invoice." "Ha! We've no time to write invoices! Can you wait 'til after Christmas?" "Gerrout yer daft bugger! Anyway, will you take the old telly away?"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 06 09:18 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
18 455