Post New Thread
PC DVI to HDTV question by Doughboy
I'm trying to find out a bit about the 709 colour space that is used to display HD material. Does the PC adjust the colour to the 709 standard before it sends the data, or does it only convert it from 32bit to 24bit? If it's done at the PC end, is this done in software or by the graphics card? Assuming the PC doesn't adjust the colour, is the PC (or any other source device equipped with a DVI...
December 20th 06 03:23 AM
by Doughboy Go to last post
7 190
Radio and TV guides by Bill Wright
Can I commend to you the new 2007 Radio Guide? Packed full of info it's a must in my opinion. Full UK frequency lists, Tx locations, station details, etc. There's a television guide as well which has all the transmitters etc in it. http://www.radiolistenersguide.co.uk/ Bill
December 20th 06 02:50 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 242
Watch high definition trailers on your current non high definition computer by fluffy cupcake
I'm sure people here know but I just found out you can watch true high defintion trailers on your current non-high def computer: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/ I watch the Deja Vu movie trailer in 480 p resolution on my laptop and the quality was amazing. Exceptional resolution, vastly superior to standard resolution. Apple has many trailers in hd. The picture is incredibly sharp -...
December 20th 06 12:39 AM
by Tate and Lyle Go to last post
6 186
Blackhill transmitter (Scotland) by Scott
Does anyone have any details of the proposed replacement of this transmitter? According to http://tx.mb21.co.uk/dso/facts.asp this transmitter is to be replaced. Will it be taller? Will this increase the coverage area? Will the new transmitter be at the same location? Will the new transmitter include FM and DAB radio? Just wondering.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 06 10:58 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
19 621
OT - fireplace and/or aquarium DVD recommendation? by bugbear
Can anyone recommend DVD's of fireplaces (etc) for TV? I'd like a screensaver style image (preferably better, ideally a real video as opposed to CG) just to have in the background whilst playing music/talking to people over Christmas. It seems a shame to have a nice large(-ish) screen unexploited.
December 19th 06 08:42 PM
by PH13 Go to last post
5 284
Sandy Heath EPG problems - or our Humax? by xyz
On Sunday evening we noticed that there were gaps in the EPG on our Humax PVR 8000T. Yesterday evening whne we switched on we had a totally blank EPG. A power off and on of the Humax gave a part-filled EPG again, similar to Sunday. Telling it to update didn't solve the problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 06 07:00 PM
by JW Go to last post
15 680
DVD+RW picture freezing up by Lobster
I often record TV to DVD+RW for time-shifting purposes, but occasionally, as last night, I find that I'm watching a recording and suddenly it locks up, and then it either crashes out of the programme or skips forward a fair way - this behaviour is reproducible on the same recording so it's clearly a recording issue, not playback. When it happens, I put that particular disk aside, but is that...
December 19th 06 06:29 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 187
Scaled vs non-scaled image on flat panels by Dave Farrance
Does the rescaling of (for example) a 720 line image onto a 768 line display make any difference that's actually noticeable in practice? What's got me thinking about that is the following: After playing back captured DTT video (BBC Planet Earth) on a 32" CRT using the XBMC (Xbox Media Center) which allows me to apply variable zoom, I've found that I'm incapable of discerning the visual...
December 19th 06 03:04 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
4 163
let romance bloosom by alabama lover
Email local singles free. No credit card required, limited time offer. FREE CONTACT WITH OTHER MEMBERS IS COMPLETELY FREE 100% FREE Sending and Recieving e-mails to other 100% FREE Post profile with photos... 100% FREE Great matchmaking system 100% FREE Managed search..... 100% FREE Audio and vedio chat.. Show Interest 100% Change/Edit your profile. + No Charge At All
December 19th 06 02:53 PM
by alabama lover Go to last post
0 130
Puzzle. by Steve
My wife was watching ITV3 in the kitchen while cooking Sunday lunch and afterwards went into the lounge to continue viewing. She turned on the lounge TV to ITV3 and found it was showing a different program to what she had been watching in the kitchen. We opened the connecing door between the 2 rooms and viewed the 2 TV's at the same time and both tuned to ITV3 and yes, there was indeed 2...
December 19th 06 10:01 AM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
4 163
DTT measurement problems by Usenet
Having real problems measuring 8k DTT signals. Using my Prolink 4C premium. DTT on 730.15MHz, 8k carrier, Guard Interval 1/32, 16QAM, signal level 28dBuv, meter won't report a correct C/N. Meter reports a BER less than 1E-7 when it does read it and channel list never loads past 45% then resets to 0%
December 19th 06 12:49 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 230
Sky picture quality - disappointing by Vaughan
I recently switched to Sky after having Telewest cable for some time. One of my gripes with Telewest was the poor picture quality - heavily compressed and blocky. I was assured by many people that Sky's picture quality was significantly better, but that doesn't seem to be the case - in fact I'd say it was worse on many channels, for example TV5. I asked the installer whether the quality was...
December 18th 06 10:43 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
8 207
I just took a call for Paul by Bill Wright
Customer lives in the bottom of Conisboro behind the castle. Freeview doesn't work and never has. Customer will not have an outside aerial. Aerial has been in loft for 40 years so why move it now? Loft has just been filled with glass fibre. Customer says he only wants to spend a few quid. He got the Freeview box for 25 and he doesn't want to spend more than that on the aerial. After all, it...
December 18th 06 10:25 PM
by Alan Go to last post
8 220
Ofcom's latest news on commercial muxes after DSO by Mark Carver
Ofcom have just released some news regarding sites that will carry the three commercial muxes after DSO. In short it seems that SDN and NGW have no plans to expand their output beyond the present 81 sites. With the increase of power after DSO, coverage will expand from the present 73% to 90% of the UK population. This will be muxes COM 1,2,3 (at present B, C, D) AIUI BBC 4 will be moving to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 18th 06 08:55 PM
by stevo Go to last post
27 580
Freeview PVR ...TVonics DVR150 by Gendy
I have been contemplating buying a Freeview PVR for some time and had been fixing on a Humax PVR9200T but I have also been looking at the daily electricity consumption of all my TV ,satellite ,VCRs (3),Freeview boxes (3) and all the asorted computer boxes being on 24/7 standby.I discovered that all these were consuming almost 2kWh per day! What I observe about the TVonics PVR is that it is...
December 18th 06 07:57 PM
by TVonics Go to last post
6 402
Five picture as frozen! by David
Freeview Emley Moor the picture as frozen in Home Alone just after 7pm. Is it the same ealsewhere? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
December 18th 06 05:56 PM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
6 156
Sony DVDHX525 as advertised in the Radio Times by alfred
Has anyone seen a review of this DVD Recorder? Is the built in EPG/ Radio Times facility unique to this advert? Any advice on the merits or otherwise would be welcome. Mike --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
December 18th 06 02:03 PM
by Vaughan Go to last post
6 227
Humax 9200T - New software update available by Victor Delta
The latest software update for the Humax 9200T is now available on the Humax website: PGXTF 1.00.10 1.. Increase schedule timers to 50 2.. Increased EPG view to 5 programmes 3.. Day of the week displayed in the EPG 4.. Weekday (Mon-Fri) and Weekend(Sat-Sun) added to the Repeat Modes 5.. You can now use the Left/Right arrows to change the Start and End
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 06 09:45 AM
by Alan Go to last post
17 409
new ASTRA sat distribution system by tony sayer
Http://www.ses-astra.com/corpSite/site_en/02_solutions/01_media/01_Broa dcast/SingleCable/index.php -- Tony Sayer
December 18th 06 01:50 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 230
I have two diplexers, which is best? by Marky P
I have two UHF diplexers, one combines groups A-E & the other groups K-CD. I need to combine a group A & a group C/D aerial. Which would be the best diplexer of the two? IMO, either would do. Marky P
December 18th 06 01:45 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 181
Post New Thread