Post New Thread
12v 4a transformer. by Scabbydug
O/T I know, but Son retrieved a nice wee Bush LCD14DVD from a skip today (thats ma boy). It's got a small scratch on the screen otherwise appears OK. Unfortunately the person who dumped it didn't include the mains adaptor, inconsiderate sod. The plate on the back says 12v 4A, using a 12V 1000ma it just about powers up then cuts out. Anyone know a supplier of suitable transformers/adaptors...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 21st 06 09:40 AM
by Alex Bird Go to last post
22 1,140
Converting component sync by Doughboy
Can anyone tell me how easy/hard it is to convert a PAL component signal to an NTSC component signal. I think it's just the sync that's different but I could well be wrong. Doughboy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 21st 06 07:58 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
31 587
Humax PVR8000T record out to VCR by [email protected]
Does anyone know a way to play a recording which already is on the Humax PVR8000T and record it onto a VCR? Nigel
December 20th 06 11:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 166
Weird Alba Freeview volume problem by Dom Robinson
I've got an Alba STBX3, bought a couple of years ago, which doesn't have any red dot stuff, and still works fine. However, my Mum has a similiar box - the same model but WITH the red dot, but all of a sudden the volume has dropped down to an almost inaudible level. It's not the TV (a 14" portable) as that's fine on analogue, but it has to be turned up to max volume on the Freeview box...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 06 11:03 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
12 459
Digital terrestrial help please by Bob Smith
My mother in law had a new aerial fitted to receive digital terrestrial. The house is in Sheffield, and the old one was pointing at the Belmont transmitter. The TV guy fitted a new aerial, also pointed at Belmont, and the reception was fine. After he left, a few channels (most notably Channel 5) go blocky and most of the time have "no signal". The fitter says she must have done something,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 06 09:02 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
10 281
Rigger's Diary by Bill Wright
Verbatim from recording: "Hello, is that Mrs Moore?" "Yer what love?" "Is that Mrs Moore?" "HARRY TURN THAT ****IN' TELLY DOWN! I CAN'T HEAR THE ****IN' PHONE!" "Is that Mrs Moore?" "'Oose that?" "I'm working for the housing office.Is that Mrs Moore?"
December 20th 06 08:50 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
1 176
remote control prob by micky muffin
hi, while away from home for few days i returned to find that the batteries had run out on my sky remote(doh) when i replaced the batteries i am unable to change volume on tv ! not life threatening but does anyone here have any ideas how to program the remote? havent got the instructions for the remote many thanks
December 20th 06 01:09 PM
by micky muffin Go to last post
1 179
TV licence via eMail by Bob Martin
Has anyone tried the new email licence option? I paid for my TV licence renewal on the website and selected the option to receive my licence via email. I received a mail which was supposed to contain an attachment but my mail clients (on OS/2 and Linux) failed to see an attachment. The raw data contained "Voltage Message Blocks" which I haven't seen before. I asked the licensing people what...
December 20th 06 10:22 AM
by Graham C Go to last post
3 222
PC DVI to HDTV question by Doughboy
I'm trying to find out a bit about the 709 colour space that is used to display HD material. Does the PC adjust the colour to the 709 standard before it sends the data, or does it only convert it from 32bit to 24bit? If it's done at the PC end, is this done in software or by the graphics card? Assuming the PC doesn't adjust the colour, is the PC (or any other source device equipped with a DVI...
December 20th 06 02:23 AM
by Doughboy Go to last post
7 177
Radio and TV guides by Bill Wright
Can I commend to you the new 2007 Radio Guide? Packed full of info it's a must in my opinion. Full UK frequency lists, Tx locations, station details, etc. There's a television guide as well which has all the transmitters etc in it. http://www.radiolistenersguide.co.uk/ Bill
December 20th 06 01:50 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 229
Watch high definition trailers on your current non high definition computer by fluffy cupcake
I'm sure people here know but I just found out you can watch true high defintion trailers on your current non-high def computer: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/ I watch the Deja Vu movie trailer in 480 p resolution on my laptop and the quality was amazing. Exceptional resolution, vastly superior to standard resolution. Apple has many trailers in hd. The picture is incredibly sharp -...
December 19th 06 11:39 PM
by Tate and Lyle Go to last post
6 175
Blackhill transmitter (Scotland) by Scott
Does anyone have any details of the proposed replacement of this transmitter? According to http://tx.mb21.co.uk/dso/facts.asp this transmitter is to be replaced. Will it be taller? Will this increase the coverage area? Will the new transmitter be at the same location? Will the new transmitter include FM and DAB radio? Just wondering.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 06 09:58 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
19 567
OT - fireplace and/or aquarium DVD recommendation? by bugbear
Can anyone recommend DVD's of fireplaces (etc) for TV? I'd like a screensaver style image (preferably better, ideally a real video as opposed to CG) just to have in the background whilst playing music/talking to people over Christmas. It seems a shame to have a nice large(-ish) screen unexploited.
December 19th 06 07:42 PM
by PH13 Go to last post
5 265
Sandy Heath EPG problems - or our Humax? by xyz
On Sunday evening we noticed that there were gaps in the EPG on our Humax PVR 8000T. Yesterday evening whne we switched on we had a totally blank EPG. A power off and on of the Humax gave a part-filled EPG again, similar to Sunday. Telling it to update didn't solve the problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 06 06:00 PM
by JW Go to last post
15 619
DVD+RW picture freezing up by Lobster
I often record TV to DVD+RW for time-shifting purposes, but occasionally, as last night, I find that I'm watching a recording and suddenly it locks up, and then it either crashes out of the programme or skips forward a fair way - this behaviour is reproducible on the same recording so it's clearly a recording issue, not playback. When it happens, I put that particular disk aside, but is that...
December 19th 06 05:29 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 181
Scaled vs non-scaled image on flat panels by Dave Farrance
Does the rescaling of (for example) a 720 line image onto a 768 line display make any difference that's actually noticeable in practice? What's got me thinking about that is the following: After playing back captured DTT video (BBC Planet Earth) on a 32" CRT using the XBMC (Xbox Media Center) which allows me to apply variable zoom, I've found that I'm incapable of discerning the visual...
December 19th 06 02:04 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
4 149
let romance bloosom by alabama lover
Email local singles free. No credit card required, limited time offer. FREE CONTACT WITH OTHER MEMBERS IS COMPLETELY FREE 100% FREE Sending and Recieving e-mails to other 100% FREE Post profile with photos... 100% FREE Great matchmaking system 100% FREE Managed search..... 100% FREE Audio and vedio chat.. Show Interest 100% Change/Edit your profile. + No Charge At All
December 19th 06 01:53 PM
by alabama lover Go to last post
0 124
Puzzle. by Steve
My wife was watching ITV3 in the kitchen while cooking Sunday lunch and afterwards went into the lounge to continue viewing. She turned on the lounge TV to ITV3 and found it was showing a different program to what she had been watching in the kitchen. We opened the connecing door between the 2 rooms and viewed the 2 TV's at the same time and both tuned to ITV3 and yes, there was indeed 2...
December 19th 06 09:01 AM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
4 156
DTT measurement problems by Usenet
Having real problems measuring 8k DTT signals. Using my Prolink 4C premium. DTT on 730.15MHz, 8k carrier, Guard Interval 1/32, 16QAM, signal level 28dBuv, meter won't report a correct C/N. Meter reports a BER less than 1E-7 when it does read it and channel list never loads past 45% then resets to 0%
December 18th 06 11:49 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 212
Sky picture quality - disappointing by Vaughan
I recently switched to Sky after having Telewest cable for some time. One of my gripes with Telewest was the poor picture quality - heavily compressed and blocky. I was assured by many people that Sky's picture quality was significantly better, but that doesn't seem to be the case - in fact I'd say it was worse on many channels, for example TV5. I asked the installer whether the quality was...
December 18th 06 09:43 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
8 187
Post New Thread