Post New Thread
Special offer from Maplins by Alan
In message , Bill Wright wrote 'f' plugs for 81p. I assume this is for one. The normal price is about 8p for that quality, maybe 22p if you buy them in ones. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=f%20&doy=29m12&source=15 Since when have Maplin been cheap for anything?
December 31st 06 04:06 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 207
TopUp TV off air on Bilsdale? by Doug Paulley
Is anybody else having problems today getting TopUp TV channels (UKTV Gold and so on, not TUTV Anytime) on Bilsdale today? It seems to all be offline. Re-scans either show it as being off air or data-only. The BBC reception website shows no current issues with the transmitter, however. -- http://www.kingqueen.org.uk to email me remove .lartsspammers
December 30th 06 06:45 PM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
1 138
Jumpy picture on my Toshiba 20wlt56 by MarkSk
Has anyone had a similar problem where after being switched on for 1/2 hour or so the picture starts to jump a bit in a vertical direction? This gets steadily worse until the screen goes black with constantly changing blurred stripes of yellows and oranges. The picture will start to return but it's still very jumpy. One way to slightly eliviate the problem is to turn the TV off & back on but this...
December 30th 06 05:52 PM
by PeeGee Go to last post
2 363
Under cupboard 'flip down'telly at Lidl by Marky P
Has anyone been able to get hold of one of these? As advertised, they had 7" LCD screen, DTT & DVD player for 149. I tried 3 branches today and none even got them in! Did get some digital body fat scales for 6.99 though :-) Marky P
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 06 05:03 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
12 519
Television is dead! by Rob
I am sad to report that Television Mag has closed! Unbelievable but apparently true as I have now heard it from several different sources. Subscribers will receive a proportional refund. This mag started as a suplement to Practical Television in what was it, 1929? Truly, as someone who has appeared on the front cover, a sad day! --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 06 04:51 PM
by charles Go to last post
35 738
Info needed by [email protected]
Dear All I live in the UK and am looking for a reliable website that sells DVDs of Italian music. Can someone help? Please reply to me directly my email is Look forward to hearing from you.
December 30th 06 03:37 PM
by gort Go to last post
3 197
TV in the bedroom: LCD or not? by Ian
SWMBO has declared that we need a new TV in the bedroom. Nothing flashy: 17"-ish flat screen, analog and built-in DTT, no cables, no recording. Seems a straightforward requirement, but what about the screen? In the back of my mind I have a notion that LCDs are prone to image burning. Is this true? Should I avoid LCDs? Any recommendations for a suitable set? Anything to avoid? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 06 12:59 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
23 564
Stereo DTT into mono TV by Paul D Smith
My elderly neighbours want to get DTT. They have an old Hitachi TV that amazingly does have composite-in but being old, only mono audio. What is the simplest way to combine the stereo output from a DTT box into the stereo input? Before anyone asks, I have done a quick check and yet, the old set will work with my own DTT box, although obviously only one channel at a time. Thanks, Paul D Smith.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 06 08:01 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
23 534
Will a Dual LNB (19/13) work with an old 80cm Analogue "Sky" Dish (Astra 1, 19)? by Stephen
I have an old 80cm analogue "Sky" dish, still working with analogue LNB pointing at 19 E, and I want to upgrade it to digital without moving the dish. Will a Dual LNB for Astra 19 and Hotbird 13 work with this dish? (For example, the Metronic Dual LNB sold by Maplin in the UK.) The distance between the Astra and Hotbird LNB's on the Metronic is fixed, so I guess it only works on a dish of a...
December 30th 06 07:57 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
3 672
Freeview interference question by Vaughan
My sister recently had a new aerial installed in order to start receiving Freeview (there was no aerial at all beforehand). Due to the height of the roof and its design the rigger installed the aerial in the loft. The aerial is a high gain and the loft is high up (second floor). The signal strength and quality on Freeview channels is 100 percent, according to the TV's menu system. My sister...
December 30th 06 02:30 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
2 287
Recording from digital channel via integrated digital decoder by LincolnShep
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I've just bought a second-hand Philips 28DW9625 TV and I'm struggling to work out how to connect it up to my Bush DVR3003XI DVD recorder. I can connect so that it plays a disc OR so that it can record from digital channels but not both. I've downloaded the TV's instruction book and it says that I must connect a VCR (doesn't mention DVD recorders) to Ext 2...
December 29th 06 09:39 PM
by LincolnShep Go to last post
0 149
Question about the Panasonic DMREX75 by Julian Regel
Hi. I'm currently looking at getting a Panasonic DMREX75 (HDD/Freeview/DVD Recorder) but have one question about it: I do not yet have an aerial that is capable of receiving Freeview. With the exception of the digital channels and the EPG, would I be able to use all the other features (HDD/DVD Recording of the analogue channels)? Sorry if this is a stupid question - I haven't seen anything...
December 29th 06 04:56 PM
by Julian Regel Go to last post
2 153
Swedish Sagem in the UK? by [email protected]
According to the Sagem website, the Swedish version of the Sagem IDT64 has a built in modulator. Anyone know if this version would work in the UK and run the UK firmware? Paul D Smith
December 29th 06 02:54 PM
by Tony Go to last post
1 154
Pioneer DVR420 & 16x discs by Louis Barfe's IbMePdErRoIoAmL
Hi all, I've had a Pioneer DVR420 HDD/DVD recorder for a couple of years now and think it a wonderful bit of kit. I've been using 4x & 8x blanks, which have burned at full speed, but recently I've switched to 16x blanks (usually Taiyo Yuden, branded as Panasonic or Verbatim), and find that they will only burn at 4x. The top burning speed of the machine is claimed to be 48x. Has anyone else...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 06 02:31 PM
by Louis Barfe's IbMePdErRoIoAmL Go to last post
10 306
Freeview only by C
Is there a newsgroup dedicated just to Freeview?
December 29th 06 08:19 AM
by Dr Zoidberg Go to last post
1 125
Topup TV by Andy Hoad
Can anyone please confirm my fears that the Topup TV cards are np longer available? TIA Andy
December 29th 06 12:33 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
1 168
Why two aerial connectors? by Jim Lesurf
In article , Bob Latham wrote: Does anyone have any idea why two aerial connectors? If it helps, the flats are in Wombourne Staffordshire and are served (I suspect) by the Wreakin transmitter. ahem Perhaps one of them uses Nordost cable supplied by Russ Andrews, and the other cheap CT100 supplied by Maplins. ;-
December 28th 06 05:24 PM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
0 106
lcd tv newbie! please help! by Willll
hi guys, please forgive me if this is a painfully obvious query but having googled and checked forums and websites I couldnt get the answer I need! I got an LCD tv for Christmas for my bedroom. I sleep on a futon which means I am very low down when I watch the tv. no problem thinks I, I will get a tilty wall mount, cost a lot more than I expected yikes! anyway, the scart socked on said tv...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 06 08:01 PM
by mike Go to last post
14 337
Top Up TV Anytime Review by [email protected]
There's now a mini review of Top Up TV Anytime and the new Thomson DTI6300 box at http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/topuptvanytime.html . This includes a collection of screenshots of the interface
December 27th 06 02:11 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
8 191
DVD by Michael Chare
My wife was give a region 2 Philips DVD player for Christmas. There is an all region version of the player, is it likely to be worth while trying to exchange it - or should I not look a gift horse in the mouth? We are not particularly likely to buy DVDs from the US (or any of the other regions) but one can't be sure of the future! So far we have just started to view the DVDs we have been...
December 27th 06 01:50 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
4 192
Post New Thread