Post New Thread
wiring digital coaxial cable by mehall126
I have a freeview box and have attempted to wire digital coaxial cable from a wideband aerial to the connector which plugs into the box. I have isolated this from other components (DVD and video) so that I am only running the freeview box and TV but I still get an unpredicatable and sometimes poor signal through the freeview. I am sure the problem is with the wiring to the connector. I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 06 06:54 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
39 1,084
PVR DVD Recommendations by kingzong
My video has died, so I now want to get a Freeview PVR, I have a max budget of 300 quid, and I would like to be able to burn DVDs too. I've found these: Toshiba RD-85DT 160GB, DVD-R/DVD-RW, 225 from the Coop online Panasonic DMREX75GBS, 160GB, all DVD formats, 281 Digital Direct Sony RDR HXD860, 160GB, all DVD formats, 287 from Digital Direct As far as I can tell all of these have just one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 06 06:50 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
13 314
BBC Special Report - Future of TV by [email protected]
He http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/entertainment/2006/future_of_tv/default.stm see how many errors you can spot :-) (I think 20-50Mbps for HDTV via IPTV is the worst one, but I've only skimmed through). Cheers,
November 28th 06 12:22 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
3 119
Better sound by Richard Tobin
I have a Panasonic DVD/HDD recorder and a JVC TV with digital tuner both of which I'm quite happy with. But I'd like better sound quality. I see that there are plenty of "home cinema" systems which provide more speakers than you can shake a stick at, and often have a DVD player built in, which I don't need. I'd just like to get reasonable stereo sound out of the TV, and be able to play CDs as...
November 28th 06 11:59 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
5 128
On-screen interference by [email protected]
Hello Guys I've been having on-screen interference on my TV for the past couple of days. I checked that my TV and video recorder are correctly tuned to my Sky digibox, every thing seems fine. Can someone help? Cheers
November 28th 06 11:27 AM
by trojanfoe Go to last post
9 216
Ever been asked for one of these Bill? by Graham
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/ANT_B.JPG -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
November 28th 06 12:13 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 141
London site screened by high building by Tony
I am trying to advise a relative whose flat is completely screened from Crystal Palace by the Euston Tower which is close by. There is no position on the roof that is not screened. I don't know what aerial is installed, but the aerial socket that is provided carries a poor quality signal from only one multiplex, and no usable analogue TV. A set top aerial gets nothing usable at all. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 06 12:06 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
34 518
The recent propagation conditions: a few notes by Bill Wright
We see these unusual conditions from time to time, but this was the first time that I've had the opportunity to study the results of one event at several radically different locations. On Tuesday at 2.30pm I parked the motorhome on the road from Braithwell to Ravenfield, at a point where the road is about 450 ft above sea level and there are clear views all round. Belmont is line-of-sight,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 27th 06 09:46 PM
by John Go to last post
31 644
160GB Personal Video Recorder with Freeview at Aldi by DavidM
It looks interesting, and the twin tuner is a nice touch for the money. Question is, are these devices able to record from an analogue source? There is no mention of analogue, or RF aerial in the description. I was hoping to replace the old VCR, but it would be inconvenient if it could not record programs from the Sky box as well. Anybody have experience with this device or the previous...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 06 08:56 PM
by DavidM Go to last post
12 524
SNR Levels by Geoff Lane
I appreciate there are a lot of factors governing digital reliability and I am curious as to certain readings on my BT badged Netgem digital set top box. I live in HA88YH and am 16 miles from Crystal Palace transmitter. I have a loft aerial going in to a Proception variable gain masthead amp. This is feeding three TVs. Reception is steady and the only problem I occasionally get is when...
November 27th 06 07:25 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
2 136
Hitachi TV by Darren Jones
I`ve got a 21inch Hitachi TV and theres a buzzing coming from it. I`ve tried tuning but nothing seems to help, any ideas? Or is it on its last legs, its a good few years old now and i`m only using it because my widescreen LG TV stopped working and a burning smell came from it last night.
November 27th 06 06:20 PM
by Darren Jones Go to last post
0 106
Nobby? by Branston MILF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWD5_dx7V0
November 27th 06 02:00 PM
by Branston MILF Go to last post
0 143
DTT,PVRs etc by mike
I've just been running a test on DTT, usung a GDB4, and decided it's not ready yet where I am. Main channels good, but still intermittent sound dropout, 4 and 5 unreliable. At present I record on a Sony HHH/DVD from analogue and Sky free to air/view, and all is well, but one day I'd like to go to DTT and use a twin tuner PVR and separate DVD recorder.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 27th 06 12:32 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
29 466
Lidl twin DVB sat receiver 250 GB HDD, USB port. by Roger R
In the UK, from Thursday 30 Nov: At 199 pounds Targa brand twin tuner DVB satellite receiver with 250Gb HDD. 2 CI, EPG, USB out. see site for full details. Roger R
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 06 09:49 AM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
19 550
BBC2 at 12.58pm today by Yaz
There is a voluntary charity awareness program being aired today on BBC2 called Lifeline at 12.58pm it lasts 10 minutes. I would like to know if anyone can help by downloading that to their PC and/or Mobile and then forward it to someone who really deperately needs this. Can anyone help? The details about the program are...
November 27th 06 08:13 AM
by Yaz Go to last post
3 130
Satellite freeview with Channel 4 and Five by Keith
I use a Sky+ box with the minimum subscription I can use and still get the Sky+ system to work. I would rather use a satellite based PVR system to get the freeview channels but this means that I cannot receive Channel 4 and Five. The terrestrial reception is very bad where I live so I must go for a satellite system. Is there any way that I could use a PVR system to get the freeview channels...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 06 05:04 PM
by Brian W Go to last post
17 302
Another use for low gain masthead amps by Bill Wright
Yesterday I arrived on site at a new megastore job, to find that the aerial location was 70 metres from the head end. The Tx is Winter Hill with muxes up at the top on 66, 67, and 68. Seventy metres of CT100 is gonna lose getting on for 14dB on ch68, and I suspected that the cable run (done by the sparks) meanders somewhat. The top three muxes were all good and healthy from the aerial at...
November 26th 06 02:55 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
8 189
Using a Spanish TDT set in the UK by [email protected]
A bad aerial means that my TDT box receives nothing in Spain, so I took it back to see what happens when it is pluggeed into the scart of a UK tv. TV channels all fine for sound and vision, but the numbering structure does not work, they are listed 1, 2, 3, etc in order of downloading. In my case Sky News comes out as the first channel.
5 435
Them little dots in the corner of the screen just before theadverts come on by Mark Carver
Edster wrote: Not many programmes have the little dots any more, but a few of them still do. Afterlife had them, for example. Is there any advantage to them any more? Are they there for the benefit of foreign transmissions, or are they just included because they always used to be there? Or is there still someone sat there waiting for the ad break who needs to push a button when the...
November 26th 06 11:18 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
0 111
HD by Scott
What is the exact meaning of HD? Any differences to Full HD? Thanks, Scott
November 26th 06 09:03 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
1 147
Post New Thread