Post New Thread
I player by Brian Gaff[_2_]
If they keep on mucking up the radio and tv I players for blind use and using really awful audio burbling low bit rate stuff on the radio one, they will not be lasting much longer. Its their arrogance that really ****es me off. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
February 27th 15 07:59 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
8 246
The news by Bill Wright[_2_]
The big stories tonight are (1) Jack Straw (2) the Muslim video threatening to bomb shopping centres. The BBC isn't interested in either and leads with the week-old non-story about the girls who've gone to join the terrorists. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 15 07:42 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
46 768
Newsnight Typo by Ian
In last night's Newsnight item on Rifkind/Straw, they used a graphic showing a notepad with the text sliding in from the right in red upper-case, as they went through the MP's rules. https://www.dropbox.com/s/06yj6vd5c1m165e/BBC%20Typo.JPG?dl=0 -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 15 01:30 AM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
32 423
How we got to now by Dave Saville[_4_]
I only spotted this series last Saturday - which was part 2. Part 2 is on iplayer and says it will be available for 29 days. Assuming part 1 is the same, why can't I find it? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 15 08:33 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
87 602
Connecting Radiolight LR/HA Neckloop System to my hearing aids loop. by Mick IOW
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to hear my TV through my hearing aids. My television is a SAMSUNG UE40D5520 40" Full HD LED TV, it has a Headphone socket and a Digital audio out Optical connections, that I would like to connect to a Radio light LR/HA Neck loop System (Radio Light LR 11 Set) but the Radio Light has only a Red and White Phono type connectors.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 15 02:44 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
12 356
Bizarre reception problem - any ideas? by Scott[_2_]
I have discovered that I lose BBC News HD and the other COM7 stations when the Blu-ray player is switched on. The TV shows 'No signal'. Other HD channels are unaffected. When the Blu-ray player is switched off signal strength is about 96% and quality 100% so this is not a case of marginal reception. Can a Blu-ray player interfere with TV reception?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 15 02:38 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
48 555
just this minute on the telly by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Granada Reports "The lock holds a quarter of a megalitre of water. That's about two hundred and fifty thousand litres." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
42 504
Sheffield Live by Bill Wright[_2_]
Are still playing adverts in audio only, with their static logo on screen for the duration. This isn't television as we know it. Do they not realise that people will reach for the remote? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 15 10:56 AM
by Ian Go to last post
14 291
just this minute (2) by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Look North the girl doing the OB about sheep has her mike under her scarf so the sound is muffled. Bill
February 23rd 15 10:46 AM
by Ian Go to last post
4 220
Not more retuning. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I noticed yesterday that ch 70 said it was moving to 64 today, are there any other changes afoot. I also noted last night on dab which has some stations wi hich are quite week sometimes that there is one which has a recording on it saying that some people in some places will loose bbc northampton, but will get three counties and there will be other changes on the commercial stations as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 22nd 15 07:27 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
33 492
TV Reminders by Norman Wells[_6_]
If you are a subscriber to Sky, which I'm not, it seems you can sign up to receive an email reminder whenever a certain film or programme is coming up on TV. That sort of thing would be useful to me, particularly as regards films that only come round once in a while which are easy to miss in weekly listings. Does anyone know of a similar free service covering Freeview channels, or have any...
8 420
Bizarre News sound quality by Davey
Just watched BBC News on Ch. 130, and both the report from Moscow and another one from somewhere else had such a high background noise level that the reporter could not be heard. Why do they transmit items like this? The Moscow one was obviously recorded, as the subtitles were in step with the reporter's mouth. -- Davey.
February 21st 15 09:40 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
3 143
Sound hole in sponsers message. by Ashley Booth[_2_]
Using a Sky+HD box. After the end of part 1 etc the sponsers message comes up, after a second or so the sound goes off for about half a second. Happens with many programmes on ITV1. (Midsummer Murders etc) -- Ashley
February 21st 15 08:30 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 201
Just seen on subtitles for the deaf by Davey
On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:11:04 +0000 Bill Wright wrote: "...at a pressure of £40,000 per square inch." Bill There was a good one during the BBC News last week: Spoken: Culture (as in modern, etc).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 15 08:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
14 175
Idea by Bill Wright[_2_]
Since there isn't room for a loudspeaker on the front of many modern TV sets, maybe we should turn the set to face the wall and watch via a mirror . . . Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 20th 15 02:37 PM
by christopher_robin Go to last post
25 413
4G Test - Old Thread Revival by Java Jive[_2_]
Jim Lesurf wrote: as well as knowing a decent model for the loss between points. Java Jive wrote: Rather as "No one is ever going to get sacked for buying a Laserjet printer", "No one is ever going to get sacked for doing a Longley-Rice" - perhaps Tony or Nemo will disagree, in which case I bow to their greater experience, but Longley-Rice, or a derivative or...
February 18th 15 10:02 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
8 460
Humax YouView box. by Ian Field
Not much in the way of external markings, but the screenprint legend on the PCB says its a DTR-T1000. As far as I've been able to find out, it does Freeview - but it also has an ethernet connector on the back - is it just as simple as running a cable to my router? Its also HD, so I'm wondering whether its backward compatible with an SD 16:9 TV?
February 18th 15 05:12 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
3 193
Unable to get correct aspect ratio, Sky News by Terry[_3_]
My gym has a couple of large wall-mounted TVs. (Sorry, I should have checked make and model.) I asked them a week ago if they could correct the niggling problem that the bottom scrolling captions were never fully visible, and the sides were cut off too. ('TAX AVOIDANCE' becomes 'VOIDANCE', etc.) Today I found that the scrolling was now visible, but the edges were still missing. And there's a...
February 18th 15 01:16 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
6 211
4G possible effects by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Not sure yet, but I've encountered problems with our Ch60- mux reception this afternoon (on three different receivers). And two weeks ago I saw that the base station top-end nearby was being changed. Since then I have detected some '4G' signals. (The base station is about 400 m away in about the same direction as the TV TXs.) I've taken some fresh spectra and will do some checking and then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 18th 15 01:00 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
58 578
Freeview Play... WHY! by Jon[_2_]
What is Freeview Play, when is it coming and how can I get it? To stay relevant in a world of television where catch-up and on demand video is king, Freeview has announced its plans for a connected future. Managing director Guy North outlined the plans for Freeview Play at a London briefing for Pocket-lint and select other journalists and it looks like the company, which is so synonymous...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 15 12:39 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
19 733