Post New Thread
Pigeon wars in London.. by Brian-Gaff
Now although these creatures are but one of than avian aerial wreckers, I have noted recently that some unknown creature seems to have moved in locally and is dispensing with them at a very high rate of attrition. I do not know what it is, but I find the remains of them, feathers, bones and bits of heads and legs nearly every day now on the lawns. I guess it could be a bird of prey, but if...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 15 01:43 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
11 374
And another thing. by Brian-Gaff
BBC podcast suddenly had its subscription address altered so it would not download and in fact deleted all the pointers to already downloaded files. I speak of In Touch, but I'm sure they have done this to others as well. Why can't they leave something alone when its working? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
August 14th 15 11:23 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
4 341
Advice on next TV by [email protected]
I've just upgraded from Sky+ to Sky+ HD and installed the new box today. Everything appears to work OK apart from one all important thing: the volume buttons on the remote. I cannot change volume or mute the sound. The only way to do so is using the *old* remote. After an hour's googling I've still found no solution. Many seem to suffer a similar problem and the most frequent suggestion made...
August 13th 15 10:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 601
North American TV aerials. by [email protected]
you know, them ones that look like a vertical stack of bowties... Are they better or worse than the type we tend to use?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 12th 15 08:40 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
21 809
Weeping for long-gone days by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Graham. wrote: When I think of all the Slim Jim varients I built without realising. F.C. Judd G2BCX You've just made me think of Ted Rule - G3FEW IIRC. :-) Jim
August 11th 15 11:43 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
0 224
Emley Moor from 57 miles away by Bill Wright[_2_]
These pictures were taken from Garrowby Hill on the A164. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Emley%20from%2057%20miles%20away%201.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Emley%20from%2057%20miles%20away%202.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 15 01:06 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
15 488
Question on digital radio "information" data by Another John
We were listening to the lovely, divine Liza Tarbuck just now on Radio 2 and were having a moan about how the DAB wasn't displaying track information -- it was simply telling us who was on, and how she would brighten our evening. I went to the kitchen to do the washing up and switched on the DAB the *that* was displaying tracks information. Is this a function of reception quality, or do...
August 9th 15 12:48 PM
by The Other John[_2_] Go to last post
5 341
Press Red up all the time on BBC1 during News - Wednesday by Dickie mint[_2_]
Last night noticed the "Press red" up top right on screen on BBC1 DSAT during news at 1800. Seemed to eliminate BBC1, as OK at 1900 on BBC1HD and BBC1WM. Appeared again at 200 News on both BBC1HD and BBC1WM DSAT. So seems to be when News is switched to BBC1. Anyone else suffer this? Was out during 1300 News,today, so can't comment. Will be looking out for it at 1800! Richard
August 6th 15 08:45 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
4 315
Look North Leeds bias by Yellow[_2_]
In article , says... In article , Mark Carver scribeth thus On 01/08/2015 12:30, Yellow wrote: Kids! Get a degree in Engineering or a science or a profession. Yes, they are hard but you will get a well paid job! Problem is, unless you're interested in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 6th 15 11:35 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
21 434
Out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship by Phi
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are reuniting to create an all-new car show, exclusively for Amazon Prime. The show will be produced by the trio's long time executive producer Andy Wilman. On working with Amazon, Jeremy Clarkson said "I feel like I've climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship." The first show will go into production shortly and arrive exclusively on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 2nd 15 11:58 PM
by Davey Go to last post
26 592
That's Manchester by Graham.[_5_]
I just noticed that a lady I know is a guest on "Late Night Live" presumably a repeat from yesterday or Friday, I can't tell, the website doesn't even carry a programme schedule. Anyway, I pressed REC on the PVR and it said there wasn't enough room, which I thought was odd. Yes its an old Vestel with a small hard drive by modern standards, but I had recently purged it of unwanted programme. So...
August 2nd 15 06:44 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
1 408
OT. Qu. to those using Windows 10 by David[_9_]
I use Windows Live Mail for getting my Mail from the GMail servers and also NewsGroups. Qu can you confirm these will run on Windows 10? Does Windows 10 have a new program for doing Mail and does it do NGs? ( I see they have a new Internet Browser Edge.) Thanks David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 2nd 15 12:22 PM
by Koopa Go to last post
21 594
Letter to Look North by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Bill Wright wrote: Rod Speed wrote: Presenters read a script. They can't when they are interviewing 'guests' Course they can. The whole thing is discussed in advance. "I'll ask this, then you say that. . ."
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 15 11:50 AM
by Rod Speed Go to last post
19 293
Is there HD and HD? by PeterC
I've noticed a couple of things with (Freesat) HD: On, e.g., Countryfile, the pieces to camera during intros and in buildings are good; the pieces 'out in the countryside' seem almost like upscaled SD at best When deleting an HD recording, an hour from BBC goes more quickly than the same from C4 or ITV. This suggests a difference in file size. I haven't really quantified it, but it's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 1st 15 06:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
41 823
Letter to Look North by Rod Speed
Bill Wright wrote Rod Speed wrote Presenters read a script. They can't when they are interviewing 'guests' Course they can. The whole thing is discussed in advance. "I'll ask this, then you say that. . ."
August 1st 15 12:55 AM
by Rod Speed Go to last post
6 261
Humax Foxsat-HDR 500: Some Menu options unselectable by Maurice[_3_]
Just noticed some unselectable options in the Menu list: (1) Although the icon for the 3rd component of Menu (Setup; satdish) shows, scrolling down/up the Menu list skips past it! (2) In the 4th item (System) the Diagnostics and HDD control options are greyed out, so unselectable. (3) In the 2nd item (Edit Channels), only "Edit FAbourite List" is selectable (other 2 are greyed out).
July 31st 15 11:38 AM
by Maurice[_3_] Go to last post
5 370
Freeview updates do annoy me. by David[_9_]
Got messages on Freeview box and TV set today saying "New Service Added" or "please re-scan" I find it annoying that Freeview send no message to just what they have done. It could be just another Shopping channel added that I would never watch on the other hand might just be a channel that I would really enjoy but I will never know it is there. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 15 09:34 AM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
10 793
What units? by Davey
There is one of those 'Destroyed in Seconds' programmes on Quest right now. The first item I saw showed a dragster crash. The subtitles gave distances, speeds etc in Imperial units, but the commentary used metric units. Most confusing. Soon after Canada changed to metric, I was at the Hope Slide, a place in British Columbia where some years before there had been a terrible landslide. There was a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 15 11:31 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
90 2,672
To brighten your day by Bill Wright[_2_]
These pics are not edited or sorted. I have not reduced their file sizes or done anything else to make them palatable to those on dial up. This is in fact a zero-effort attempt by me to bring a little amusement into your life. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gckm9lhvhnntg3/AAB-1497xSuQeK8ttUX7owI7a?dl=0 I hope that link works. Sometimes I find Dropbox links to folders don't. Bill
July 30th 15 10:45 AM
by Davey Go to last post
7 299
How Sheffield Live show an imported programme by Bill Wright[_2_]
The programme is 16:9 so first they squash it to 4:3 of course. Then they're left with black borders up the sides, so they fill them with a sort of stretched version of the edges of the picture. The programme, incidentally, is US left wing...
July 30th 15 09:23 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
7 261
Post New Thread