Post New Thread
Future Of The BBC by Paul Ratcliffe
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:08:00 +0000, JNugent wrote: And what about people who aren't online or who find it difficult or impossible for whatever reason? Or are you making that a requirement now? Talk about inflicting your own want, want, wants on other people regardless... Have you tried to cross the Thames at Dartford recently? Or tried to drive into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 15 10:06 AM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
18 416
from the Housing Association girl by Bill Wright[_2_]
"Please be aware this tenant has dimensions." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 15 07:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 348
Is twin core better for a 5m Headphone extension cable? by Mick IOW
Hi all, Why do some Headphone extension cables have twin cabling is there an advantage , I need one of 5m length. Mick.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 3rd 15 12:27 AM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
21 449
Is there a group for UK TV Programs please? by Mick IOW
Hi all, is there a group that talks about the Television programs on UK TV? I found: uk.media. tv but the last post there seems to be in 2012! I am wondering about "Doctors" that was on BBC1 weekday afternoons, my TV guide said for Friday 27 March that it was the last in the series, yet on watching it. there was a trailer at the end for the next episode, so is it coming back? Mick.
April 2nd 15 01:24 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
5 274
Psychiatric nurse gone missing by Bill Wright[_2_]
Any got any idea why my Humax satellite box recorded half an hour of Dara and Ed's Great Adventure tonight and labelled it Nurse, instead of really recording Nurse? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 15 10:57 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 388
bv is back by Brian Gaff[_2_]
What would the world be without a few wackos eh? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 31st 15 11:13 AM
by Ian Go to last post
20 362
BBC News today by Pinnerite[_2_]
Well, we now know about the eclipse. Thanks to the BBC News channel, we now know little about world news or indeed much else.They've lost it. Thankfully there are alternative channels and the web. Doesn't do much for the BBC's reputation though. -- Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.32-desktop-1.mga4 KDE version 4.11.4 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 27th 15 07:37 PM
by NY Go to last post
105 1,242
OT BBC News web site by [email protected]
Does anyone like the new web site? It has great slabs of bright white screen. They hurt my eyes. Watching on a smartphone with an AMOLED screen, the white elements run down the battery.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 26th 15 06:17 PM
by Roger[_5_] Go to last post
41 1,301
BBC bias for Bill W. by David[_9_]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11493144/BBC-coverage-of-European-Union-is-biased-and-letting-down-viewers-MPs-find.html?WT.mc_id=e_DM7487&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Pol_New&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_Pol_New_2015_03_25&utm_campaign=DM7487 David
March 26th 15 04:55 PM
by Ian Go to last post
5 220
Digital trophy? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Well, I do not watch sport much, and yet one thing bothered me yesterday. From what I could gather, the outcome of the Rugby rested on the points that the Irish and UK teams won their respective matches by, on the same day, so how would they cope with having to have a trophy in two different locations in case either won? do they actually have two trophies or what? Brian -- From the Sofa...
March 22nd 15 03:39 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
7 231
Lets have a quality limit on broadcasting. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
IE I think its only fair that minimum standards should be expected for all output which is not historic, ie old films and radio, and all stations which carry stereo content should be in stereo on all capable platforms with agreed minimum bit rates. If that were done there would be fewer naff radio stations on dab and tv and the vendors of the bandwidth would have to reprice them affordably. ...
March 21st 15 01:49 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
3 257
Clarkson by jon_ty2015
The BBC has said a Top Gear Live event in Norway next week is "still scheduled to go ahead" with Jeremy Clarkson as its star. Despite postponing the three remaining episodes of this series of Top Gear, BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm, is still selling tickets for four live shows in Stavanger on Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28. Insiders have said they are confident...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 20th 15 09:15 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
23 572
BBC Bias, Radio 4 by Another John
Typical! Radio 4 news headline at 0900 this morning was about how George Osborne is going to reduce taxes and 'ease austerity', accompanied by a big fat quote (Big Up!) from Kenneth Clarke on what a bloody good job "George" is doing in saving the country *so far* ("and-if-you-don't-vote-for-us-you're-doomed"). Not a whiff of balance on what other parties are saying. Typical bloody BBC...
March 20th 15 11:33 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
3 219
BBC News Channel: censorship by omission? by Bill Wright[_2_]
This evening, when I saw the BBC News Channel's round up of tomorrow's press, I noticed that they did not show the front page of the Times. On past experience the omission of a particular newspaper's front page means that there was something on it the BBC deems unsuitable for us. I await the delivery of my Times in the morning, just to see if my suspicions are confirmed. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 15 07:52 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 354
JTAG-ing - Anyone able to advise? by Java Jive[_2_]
I have a QNAP NMP-1000, it's a network media player. It's no' bad, but for some time I've been trying to compile stuff on it to make improvements. Particularly, as I've already succeeded in doing on my Zyxel NSA221s, I wanted to get GetIPlayer going on it, and have succeeded in doing everything required except compiling FFMPEG, which eventually I successfully compiled a few months back on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 19th 15 11:04 PM
by merkin Go to last post
66 1,583
No more Drones in royal parks by Brian Gaff[_2_]
It seems that the sec of state has proclaimed that people are now no longer allowed to fly those camera drones in the parks as it could be dangerous and scare the wildlife. I imagine these should be governed by the same laws as any model aircraft over a certain weight is, ie, it has to be flown in a designated area, and the person has to have public liability insurence in place as well as it...
March 18th 15 07:19 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 243
Intelligent PVR programming? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have a Panasonic DMR-HWT130 PVR. SWMBO likes to watch "Neighbours" so it is set up to series record it at 1345 every day on Channel 5, which it has done without problem for a year. I happened to turn on the PVR around 1400 on Friday, to be met with a "New Channels Found" message, which I exited out of. I then noticed that it wasn't recording anything, which was confirmed with a quick look...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 15 08:38 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
10 445
two screenshots from 'Call the Midwife' by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150311_235524.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150311_235608.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 15 06:30 PM
by alan_m Go to last post
13 447
BBC iplayer website appears to be down by Phi
Saturday 13:40 -- This post has been checked for cynicism
March 14th 15 06:57 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 209
Is "Horror Channel" new? by Andy Burns[_9_]
Or have I just zapped past it without noticing? Seems to be running trailers ...
March 13th 15 09:25 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
6 211
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 961 to 980 of 19422