Post New Thread
Pitcairn Islands by Brian-Gaff
Lost me there, I guess you had to have heard it. One does wonder why people populate some islands in the world. I mean what is the point of the Azores, for example other than as a military refuelling site. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
October 25th 15 09:23 AM
by Ian Go to last post
9 244
Not many of you will know of Sabrina by Phi
October 25th 15 12:30 AM
by DerekF[_2_] Go to last post
9 250
Do we need Freeview? by David[_9_]
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/sep/20/freeview-play-digital-uk-tv-aerials Says Freeview nearly failed if they had or did in the future would our TV go off? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 24th 15 08:53 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
118 1,700
Ayup Bill by Graham.[_5_]
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 08:20:01 +0100, "Brian-Gaff" wrote: Try again.. Why? its not exactly a new phenomenon is it? The prog itself seems to be from 2012 Brian I don't know if we are specially targeted here in Lancashire, but on
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 15 09:13 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
12 341
"Britain Through A Lens" by Java Jive[_2_]
Just started watching an SD download of this and ... :-( Almost every scene is marred by the picture breaking up into squares :-( 07:11 from the start: The film shows a piece of paper purporting to be the frontispiece for the handwritten manuscript of a book written by a civil servant: The Herring -----
October 20th 15 06:19 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
2 225
How come people want to throw stuff away all the time by Brian-Gaff
I appropriated a band three wide band aerial. In quite good nick, but the braid holding screw had seized. I took that off and a friend is 'renovating it' for me, but my old building demolisher working nearby said, Cor thats rubbish I'll stick it in my skip if you like. I think I must have seemed a weirdo when I declined and told him it actually is just the thing for DAB and I'll keep it and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 20th 15 09:08 AM
by Davey Go to last post
39 603
Ramming things up arses by Bill Wright[_3_]
On 13/10/2015 23:06, Paul Ratcliffe wrote: On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 23:52:09 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: Please don't go and buy one of those end mounted 'high gain' wideband pieces of **** as sold by the DIY shops. If you do I will come round and rip it down and ram it up your arse. If this happens, please can you let me know and sell me a ticket for the...
October 19th 15 05:06 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 264
A cable laying assistant by Peter Duncanson [BrE]
This post appeared in alt.usage.english earlier today. I though it might appeal to inhabitants of uk.tech.digital-tv. (Copied with permission) The context was a discussion about the ground floors of houses and the space beneath them. quote In our first house were trying to lay a new TV cable underneath a suspended floor; the gap was too small for a person to crawl through. So
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 19th 15 04:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
83 1,330
BBC Bias? by Davey
The BBC News today is giving loads of publicity to the 'Keep Britain in the EU campaign'. I don't remember seeing this amount of coverage for the opposite viewpoint. -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 17th 15 11:07 AM
by Martin P Go to last post
44 741
Lookalikes by Java Jive[_2_]
Dear Private Eye, I wonder if your readers have noticed the remarkable similarity between Prof Ian Steward ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b053gf85 .... and Alfred E Neuman, the venerated editor of Mad Magazine...
October 16th 15 07:18 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
5 255
Slightly OT - Memory Upgrade by Woody[_5_]
"Eddie King" wrote in message ... Hi all, apologies for what is slightly OT, but being a longtime reader of this NG I value the expertise on offer. My slightly ageing PC has an MSI Motherboard MS7592 6.0 with 4 GB DDR3 memory which I would like to upgrade to 8GB. OS is win7 64-Bit. The specs on the MSI site say that my...
October 16th 15 07:06 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
2 256
Ramming things up arses by Phi
+ACI-Brian-Gaff+ACI- +ADw-briang1+AEA-blueyonder.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:mvle7n+ACQ-s0p+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4- Obviously, I've not seen a Squarial for maybe 6 years, and that one was +AD4- found in a skip by a neighbour who wanted to know what it was. +AD4- +AD4- The only use for those cheap wideband end mounted things is in a loft +AD4- almost on top of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 15 02:18 AM
by Phi Go to last post
12 267
Ramming things up arses by Brian-Gaff
Could one ask you to not add +AD several times to your quotes? Itt makes it sound completely hat stand over here! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
October 15th 15 11:55 AM
by Phi Go to last post
1 189
Curious lack of revision by Bill Wright[_3_]
I see the Antiference page showing the new post-DSO channel groups quotes the vision and sound frequencies for each channel. Bill
October 15th 15 09:00 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
1 204
Night photo's of geostationary satellites. by [email protected]
Found this picture some of you might like: http://imgur.com/gallery/hky2HYp via https://www.reddit.com/r/space/comments/3norjc/some_geostationary_satellites_i_photographed_last/ Then in the comments section one contributor managed to highlight the satellites: http://i.imgur.com/TCGQX4l.gif
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 15th 15 08:14 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
59 1,153
Ramming things up arses by Indy Jess John
On 14/10/2015 16:19, Phi wrote: On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 23:52:09 +010-, Bill Wrightbill+AEA-invalid.com wrote: There will be no tickets as it will be free. It promises to be a great show. Also on the bill a Ramming a DAB log periodic up the arse of a BBC bean counter Ramming a Zone 2 Sky dish up Murdock's arse Ramming a BSB squariel up Murdock's arse as well (I...
October 14th 15 05:49 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
0 156
Recommended Makes Of Chimney Fixings for Terrestrial Aerial by Java Jive[_2_]
I understand the general principles of how to rig this, but I was wondering if the riggers here would have any particular make they swear by. Note: Up here it can get VERY, VERY windy! -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address...
October 13th 15 11:06 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
8 453
Talking Pictures TV HD channel 81 on Freeview by madge
Combined minds The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a retune on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from Dover should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at the 100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's? Thanks in advance -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 11th 15 09:59 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
35 8,238
Windows Media Centre in UK - some channels' listings are missing by NY
Does anyone (in the UK) still use Windows Media Centre to record TV programmes? If so, have you found a workaround for a few channels (eg Film 4+1, Talking Pictures TV, Channel 4+1 HD, 4seven HD) having "No data available" in the Guide? I've done a Tasks | TV | Guide | Get Latest Guide Listings but this makes no difference.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 10th 15 01:06 PM
by Ant[_6_] Go to last post
10 1,059
Carpet gripper strip by Lobster
I've just pulled up a worn-out fitted carpet in readiness for a replacement. It had been fitted on a solid floor, using carpet gripper strip which had been glued to the floor; and in spite of my best efforts, most of the strips have come away from the floor along with the carpet. A bit odd, as I've replaced third carpet before with no problem, and the grippers date from the previous...
October 10th 15 10:01 AM
by Lobster Go to last post
5 278
Post New Thread