Post New Thread
Disconnecting USB from TV? by Kenny
Have a 50" LG Smart TV which plays video files from a USB pen drive, problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to disconnect it before removing it like "safely remove hardware" in Windows. When I do this and put it in PC it tells me there's errors on it and insists on scanning it although no errors are found. There was no printed user manual with this TV, it's onscreen, but I can't see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 30th 15 08:29 PM
by Bob[_11_] Go to last post
14 553
memories of my youth by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/double%209%20BIII.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 29th 15 08:31 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
31 996
Small fence and gate project: disaster strikes (OT for digi tv) by Bill Wright[_2_]
As I was just finished the top gate, enjoying the beautiful sunny day, the downpour started. It was instant heavy rain, no warning. And the lightning cracked not too far away. Under trees and working on a long metal fence wire I legged it. No option. I paused only to pull a tarpaulin over the barrow full of power tools, but before I reached the house the hurricane had taken the tarp off,...
August 29th 15 12:14 AM
by Davey Go to last post
7 289
freesat boxes by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I bought a 40 Manhattan box to join and try freesat and now I am thinking of upgrading to a box that records. I can only see Humax boxes. Are there any other makes I should consider? I could not find much about the differences between the Humax models. Am I right to think the 1000 only had wifi if you bought a separate
August 28th 15 01:47 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
9 493
Weeping for long-gone days by Indy Jess John
On 09/08/2015 20:40, Paul Ratcliffe wrote: On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 19:40:56 +0100, wrote: Andy Pandy (who I thought was a girl, fooled by the narrators voice I suppose) The Woodentops Tails of the Riverbank (Which was boring) Bill and Ben Damn, that's only four, I don't want to cheat with Google, and I know
August 28th 15 12:28 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
5 188
So what changed, blowed if I can tell by Brian-Gaff
The nag messages about today, and I've yet to see anything different. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
August 27th 15 06:51 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
4 242
Sound Anomaly on Samsung LED TV by Ash Burton
I have recently purchased a new Samsung UE40 series TV. I have found a strange anomaly with the sound output i.e, when i am watching a programme from an external source e.g SKY TV or video, i seem to be getting background 'crosstalk' from whatever Terrestrial TV channel i was previously watching (and the TV is still set to). I have temporarily overcome this annoying situation by selecting an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 27th 15 02:53 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
23 534
Met Office - you're fired by Scott[_2_]
News reports this morning suggest that the contract with the Met Office will not be renewed. There was an item on 'Broadcasting House' about this. I'm not quite sure what is going on. The wording is that the contract has not been renewed. The suggestion is that there will be a new supplier. But will the Met Office still be able to bid for the new contract. The BBC say they are legally...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 26th 15 01:19 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
51 1,109
Oh no not more retuning! by Brian-Gaff
Just put my Goodmans box on to be told I might need to refresh my channels on 25th Sept. What are they up to now? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 26th 15 10:53 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
15 534
Sony bravia with "broken" video processor by Deanna Earley
Hello all. I have a Sony KDF-E50A12U rear projection TV that I have comprehensively broken via the service menu. It used to work fine, and had to go in to the service menu to make a few tweaks to handle PAL60, which worked fine. As is my nature, I was trying to make it a bit better and did "something" that cause the bottom 3/4 of the display to blank out for all inputs and formats. I have no...
August 24th 15 03:35 PM
by Deanna Earley Go to last post
8 541
weather stations by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone have knowledge or experience of the little weather stations that transmit to the indoor unit? I have one here that transmits continuously on 868.3MHz which seems odd because I'd expect it to run the battery down (and the thing is meant to be high up so changing the battery is a nuisance.) Also the base unit doesn't find it when it scans for it. Ideas anyone? The unit I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 24th 15 02:19 PM
by charles Go to last post
27 859
Lengthy T&C's for Smart devices by Adrian Caspersz
me_wonders Why are there more words to study in the manufacturer's T&Cs of a typical smart device compared to that in the user agreement with an ISP? /me_wonders -- Adrian C
August 23rd 15 07:50 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 275
Met Office - you're fired by Phi
+ACI-Jim GM4DHJ ...+ACI- +ADw-jim.gm4dhj+AEA-ntlworld.com+AD4- wrote in message news:2AjCx.194327+ACQ-i22.187976+AEA-fx05.am4... +AD4- +AD4APg- +AD4- just look outside.... Feeling one's seaweed
August 23rd 15 02:51 PM
by Phi Go to last post
0 240
Weeping for long-gone days by Graham.[_5_]
On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 11:30:33 +0100, FredCarnot wrote: On 11/08/2015 17:38, Graham. wrote: On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:29:13 +0100, "Woody" wrote: An Aussie one. "The Terrific Adventures of the Terrible Ten".
August 21st 15 02:18 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
0 112
Will the BBC stick with flash ? by Phi
The end of Flash's ubiquity on the web appears nigh. After Apple's anti-Flash stance on iOS extended to Android and YouTube dumped Flash for HTML5, Flash's fate for web video was pretty much sealed. Web advertising, however, was an area Flash still dominated, at least for desktops. Now Amazon has made the first move in what may become a trend for advertising platforms.The company says it...
August 21st 15 10:10 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
1 353
Cilla by Brian-Gaff
You folk do realise that with the sudden death of cilla Black yesterday in spain, the schedules will soon be full of tributes and old archive footage? I have no problem with that,as from my standpoint she was and still was a breath of fresh air compared to some so called tv presenters and singers. At least she did not take herself as seriously as certain of the current crop do. Brian --...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 21st 15 01:14 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 398
Look North Leeds bias by Paul Ratcliffe
On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:09:08 +0100, Woody wrote: My daughter has a PhD and is a senior lecturer at one of the countries most popular universites. He husband does the Intranet for one of the mobile SPs. Neither of them even had the idea to RTFM!! What a pair of f'ing idiots. I blame the parents. You should all be collectively ashamed of...
August 20th 15 02:11 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
0 119
Lurking in the gents by Phi
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... Brian-Gaff wrote: Are you suggesting that its a viewing port of some kind? Brian I'm not suggesting anything. I'm leaving that to you. Bill
August 19th 15 08:44 PM
by Phi Go to last post
0 182
The BBC still at it by Bill Wright[_2_]
When a white person attacks a black person the BBC infallibly mentions the race of both parties. "White policeman shoots black teenager!" But the other way round, or when it's black on black or brown on black, or whatever? "Black teacher stabbed in racist attack" The assailant was a Pakistani but the BBC didn't mention that fact. Bill
August 19th 15 03:58 PM
by charles Go to last post
8 334
Why is it ? by madge
Why is it after all these years I am still having to explain to people that they're only paying for all the repeats on the BBC channels and they're getting all the other channels repeats for free? Duh! -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices |
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 18th 15 12:30 PM
by Another John Go to last post
26 724