Post New Thread
Got a 4 way Maxview amp off ebay cheap! by Marky P
For the princely sum of 1.99 (+2.50 p&p), I won a Maxview 4 way variable gain amp off Ebay. It's for my dad's neighbours (the one with the Log Periodic) to distribute the signal to 3 tellys. A few questions: 1) Is this a reasonable amp? 2) Where is it best to set the variable gain? 3) Is it OK to leave one output empty or should it have a dummy load?
February 17th 07 08:56 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
0 211
The bits I bought for my Devon installation (quite long & boring) by Marky P
Only a week to go before i'm off to the land of cream cakes to help install a shiny new aerial on my friend's holiday home. Hopefully, I've got all the bits I need. These include a 6'x2" mast, 13.5" cradle bracket, lashing kit, loads of WF100, 2 x Televes X43 (one group A, the other CD/W) and an FM dipole. Myt initial plan is to stick up the CD/W aerial first and check signals from Carmel,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 07 08:49 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
14 320
In line DC blocker? by kim
"Bob Latham" wrote in message ... Is there such a thing as an in line DC blocker? Yes, it's called a "capacitor" :o) (kim)
February 17th 07 07:19 AM
by Pete Go to last post
1 209
LifeView FlyDVB-T Hybrid by Brian W
Anyone here had any experience (good or bad) using one of these digital TV cards? They come bundled with Cyberlink PowerCinema 5, which looks rather good (better than Windows Media Center IMO).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 11:35 PM
by Sylvain Van der Walde Go to last post
11 339
Transferring VHS into DVD by ah
I just received my telly Sony KDL-20S2030 and DVD recorder Sony RDR-HXD860S, connected and tested everything and everything works fine except for transferring my old VHS into DVD. As I got valuable help in January here in the thread 2 questions about DVD recorders, I'll try again. I connected telly & DVD as follows: video using S-video, audio using an audio cord red+white. this works fine.
February 16th 07 10:43 PM
by mike Go to last post
3 171
In line DC blocker? by Bill Wright
"Bob Latham" wrote in message ... Is there such a thing as an in line DC blocker? CPC do an 'f' type which we use. Listed under satellite I think. Global do an isolator/inserter. Taylor do the same. Or use an isolating wallplate. Bill
February 16th 07 05:36 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 157
LCD TV as computer monitor by Bobby
Hi, Due to lack of space in my sons bedroom, I'm considering buying him a 20" LCD TV to replace his old portable. I've been looking at the LG 20LC1RB which seems to get reasonable reviews for the price. I'd be intereseted to hear any comments about this TV. My idea is to wall mount it, and plug his P/C into it as well, so that he can use it as his computer monitor, thus saving all the space...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 16th 07 03:42 PM
by Bobby Go to last post
28 1,217
10 most awaited tech products of 2007 by Ash
10 most awaited tech products of 2007 http://www.pcworld.ca/news/column/4ba967b30a01040800cd2bfc26844159/pg1.htm how many of you will get 3 way tv :)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 01:03 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
16 400
My latest aerial installation by Marky P
Here's a pic of my latest aerial installation. It's my dad's neighbour's new Log Periodic. The other aerial is my dad's DAT45, left over from when I lived there. Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 09:36 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
19 355
DTT coverage: OfCom publishes predictions after analogue switch off by [email protected]
Predicted coverage of public service and commercial digital television multiplexes following switchover http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/ifi/tech/dttcoverage/ The deficit in reception of the commercial muxes compared to the PSB muxes _from main tx sites_ is surprisingly large. Look at Belmont, Waltham and Sandy Heath, for example.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 01:07 AM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
16 438
Stereo 3D photography capture and view stereoscopic still and motion images by [email protected]
http://www.tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shack3d/productinfo/jpsBrown/jpsBrownInfo.htm http://tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shack3d/
February 15th 07 09:56 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 127
Where can I get traditional aerial plugs? by Alex Bird
On Feb 12, 5:58 pm, Bob Latham wrote: Does anyone know where to get the plugs from that allow the inner wire to pass right through for soldering? I haven't actually ordered these, but they look like the right ones in the picture, and are so cheap they had to be mentioned: http://www.grandata.co.uk/acatalog/Grandata__CONNECTORS_AND_OUTLETS_553.html
February 15th 07 08:09 PM
by Alex Bird Go to last post
0 127
Rigger's Diary by Stone Free
(Wrightsaerials) wrote in : I live in a block of around 220 flats and I was wondering if the letter sent to me by the managing agent is accurate. There is an old exiting analogue satellite installation that is provided to all the flats that needs to be upgraded to digital. Here is a section of the letter
February 15th 07 07:49 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
4 323
Maplin 2 way aerial amp saturating? by Bill Wright
I think it's significant that all three shots show the same pattern of noise. The level of the noise varies just as you would expect from your account of the conditions, ie, no amplification, amplification, amplification but with attenuator. However, if the noise was the result of intermodulation products etc in the amplifier the pattern would change when the signal level passing through the...
February 15th 07 06:23 PM
by Colin Stamp Go to last post
1 163
Where can I get traditional aerial plugs? by Fred
"Bob Latham" wrote in message ... I like to solder the inner conductor of my aerial leads. All the plugs I've obtained over the last few years seem to be determined I shouldn't do this. Maplins seem to think screw fixing is better - I don't. Satcure sell plugs with the tip closed off so the wire cannot go right ...
February 15th 07 04:23 PM
by Ian Jackson Go to last post
7 245
TV aerial reccomendations by Ron Lowe
Hi, all. I have a legacy indoor attic aerial right now, an old Group A job. Technically, it's no good for Ch5 ( Ch67 here ) or most of the digital multiplexes ( up to Ch52 ) However, I get away with it because the local main transmitter ( Durris ) is only 14km away, very clear line-of-sight. It dominates the view from my living room window, I can see the full mast, bottom to top. There's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 07 12:45 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
36 776
Freeview channels lost by dfrog
I'm new to Freeview, and today lost ITV freeview channels. My aerial is pointing at Chesterfield (3KM away) and until today scanned all the channels OK. Some 'fun' with my BT Vision box gave me to re-scan and I couldn't pick up what I think may be Multiplex 2 channels. Where can I look to find if there are any transmission problems which may be the answer to this issue? thanks dfrog
February 15th 07 07:43 AM
by speckled hen Go to last post
5 489
BBC News24 graphics by Dave Fawthrop
The on the hour graphics for BBC News24 have changed. Has anyone any idea what the white curvy lines on the left of the screen are? It looks like Arabic writing, sort of echoes of the Al Jazeera logo http://english.aljazeera.net/News --- Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk 20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.org For Yorkshire Dialect go to...
February 14th 07 08:38 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
3 162
PF100 cheap at TLC by Marky P
TLC are selling PF100 in 100m rolls for 27.50. This sounds bloody cheap to me. Is it worth going for, or is WF100/CT100 better? Marky P.
February 14th 07 05:57 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
1 189
ITV3 +1 by Mark Fraser (News)
Why do they bother doing a +1 channel if they don't have the rights to show all programmes time shifted? I've seen at least 2 programmes today that weren't shown on the +1 channel - they just show a info screen. -- ___________________________________________ |\ /| ark Fraser | \/ | Somerset /www.mfraz.freeserve.co.uk | |__________/Acorn SA RISC PC...
February 14th 07 05:25 PM
by ChrisM Go to last post
6 213
Post New Thread