Post New Thread
freeview signal by Alex
Hi, I have a Philips Freeview set-top-box which gets a reasonable signal from the aerial on the roof of my block of flats. However, when I instead use a PC card to receive the signal (Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T PCI card) under linux, it will pickup all the channels I'd expect, but the signal is apparently too weak to display them. Question: is it worth buying an aerial "booster", or would it be...
February 25th 07 06:13 PM
by Keith W Go to last post
4 262
Short SCART leads by Capt Jack Sparrow
Is it possible to purchase short scart leads? I am looking for ones that are about 20 cm's long. I have tried a number of places but with no joy, also googling has not hit any suppliers. It has been suggested I cut one down myself, but if you saw me with a soldering iron you would know why this is a non-starter. TIA JJ
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 07 12:47 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
14 526
Rigger's Diary: a trying day by Bill Wright
So you never went on holiday to West Hartlepool? No, and I have no French blood. Bill
February 24th 07 10:56 PM
by Linker3000 Go to last post
8 227
New BBC2 Logo by Agamemnon
How much did the BBC spend on this pile of putrid green-blue garbage? If it wasn't bad enough having the BBC3 logo in the same putrid colour and the ITV4 logo in the same sickly shade now we have it inflicted on us on BBC2. Who was the idiot that thought this up and has he/she been fired yet since with this new logo I am less likely to watch BBC2 than before. BBCspew more like.
February 24th 07 10:28 PM
by Alan White Go to last post
4 212
Slingbox by Stan The Man
I was watching the US golf on Sky Sports tonight and a British golfer (Poulter) was interviewed beside the putting green as he watched Sky's live European football coverage on his (Mac) laptop wirelessly (presumably a wi-fi hotspot in the clubhouse). The commentator said that Poulter was using Slingbox to send the video from his UK Sky box over IP to his laptop anywhere in the world. I thought it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 07 09:59 PM
by Nick Austin Go to last post
17 463
Sony STB EPG buggered again by Agamemnon
No event information from Sandy Heath unless I reset it and then it looses it again a day later.
February 23rd 07 11:20 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
0 168
Weird/Freeview/ by Jayne P
I have a new 7" Maxim tv on an indoor aerial with booster. Good picture. My SIL put a Freeview box in for me, it used to be in the other room set up to another tv. had a good pic on all channels.but had to buy an adapter for the back of the 7" TV to get it to work and recognise the Freeview box ( old Thompson box) , it wouldn't work on a scart lead Next day. switched on, interference on sound...
February 23rd 07 07:54 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 154
HD moan moan moan by Rod L.
I've been reading about this campaign regarding Freeview and HD after analogue switch off. Its left me a little annoyed. Just another excuse for manufacturers to suck even more money from our wallets/purses(ladies). Just another excuse for even more wasteful landfill. Can we please please just have a decent free DVB-T service with: 1. Maximum broadcast bit rates 2. Dolby Digital surround 3....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 07 06:25 PM
by Mick G Go to last post
14 486
CT100 - aerial downlead by Ron Lowe
1) Cable: I see everyone says to use CT100 or equivilant. I thought CT100 was actually a proprietary brand name, which no longer actually exists, is that right? Anyways, I was looking he http://www.tvaerials.com/shop.aspx?categoryid=143 Would the Webro CT100 be suitable for the downleads and internal distribution? Are the Webro branded CT100-equiv cables OK, or is there any reason I should
February 23rd 07 06:13 PM
by fred Go to last post
3 674
BBCi news multi-screen by Andy Burns
I notice that the MHEG overlay has been removed from the "old" parliament channel which moved to 305, presume the switch to 4x miniscreens is now close? does it also mean you will be able to switch to 305 to enter the new multi-screen, rather than e.g switch to 80, wait for press red, select multiscreen, wait for the hidden switch, wait fot MHEG to load (only a problem on my IDTV which is...
February 23rd 07 02:01 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
1 158
Maybe slight OT. LCD TV vs Computer Monitor. by David
I noted my 15" LCD TV has a computer socket so connected it to the computer, the result was it did not seem much different to a proper monitor. Could those of you who know the therotical resolution numbers of these things tell if in theory the LCD Tv is less good than a computer LCD monitor. Thanks David
February 23rd 07 10:25 AM
by Dave English Go to last post
6 212
World Funniest Video by sidoy
you can find it here the World Funniest Video at http://www.supperlaffn.blogspot.com
February 23rd 07 02:52 AM
by sidoy Go to last post
0 153
World Funniest Video by sidoy
you can find it here the World Funniest Video at http://www.supperlaffn.blogspot.com
February 23rd 07 02:51 AM
by sidoy Go to last post
0 140
February 23rd 07 12:15 AM
by Turkey Cough Go to last post
19 381
Freeview Consortium by Geoff Lane
Who exactly is now involved in the freeview consortium. If I do a google search I seem to get older pages dated around 2005 or 2006 suggesting ITV and C4 to join Freeview consortium which currently consists of the BBC, National Grid Wireless (formerly Crown Castle) and British Sky Broadcasting. Is it a legit organisation or just a 'club'. Geoff Lane
February 22nd 07 03:39 PM
by David Go to last post
7 249
Cheapest Way To Get The Star Plus TV Channel? by Dee
Anyone know what the cheapest way is to get the Hindi Channel Star Plus in London? As far as I can figure out the lowest I can find is 15 per month from Sky TV on their basic package or perhaps 21 per month from Virgin Media with a telephone line included? But I was also wondering if it's available on Analogue Satellite Systems for a one off fee.
February 22nd 07 11:12 AM
by Dee Go to last post
0 425
OT? Coupled on/off switching by Steve Thackery
Colleagues, My Panny TV and Panny DVD recorder talk to each other when I don't want them to. When I switch off my TV, it switches off the DVD recorder as well. I don't always want this to happen (I use the DVD recorder to play my CDs). Presumably it's a Panny-specific signal going down the SCART lead. There's no apparent way to disable it in either TV or DVD recorder. Which SCART wire...
February 22nd 07 12:52 AM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
3 176
Aerial installers in Derby? by Rob Summers
Hello all, Have searched high and low for recommendations for aerial installers in Derby but can't find anything. Any chance anyone might know a good one? Thanks Rob
February 21st 07 11:07 PM
by Digby Go to last post
1 160
DVBViewer & BDA drivers for a Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T PCI card? by Michael Rozdoba
I've just bought a Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T PCI (250i) card & I'd like to use it with DVBViewer. Does anyone know if this is possible? I understand it's equivalent to asking if the Pinnacle DVB-T card has BDA drivers, but I don't know the answer to that either. Can anyone help?
February 21st 07 07:33 PM
by Michael Rozdoba Go to last post
1 399
New set up issues by L.B
I'm new to the Home cinema game. I have a Samsung 40" (1080p) LCD, a Panasonic DVD (with HDMI) and Sony amp (with HDMI). I am having sound issues.... The DVD connects to the amp via HDMI, and then from the amp to the TV via HDMI. The thing is the sound comes from the TV speakers, and not the amp speakers. The sound signal must be getting to the amp, as it is passing it to
February 21st 07 03:41 PM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
4 256
Post New Thread