Post New Thread
DVD Recorder-Work with Freeview? by Blair
Will I have to modify my DVD Recorder if I opt for Freeview or Sky? Blair
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 07 01:25 PM
by kim Go to last post
12 383
rf out question by [email protected]
I have recently downgraded my television equipment to a tv and digital satellite receiver. Will it be ok for me to connect the aerial lead to the aerial in on the satellite receiver and then send the aerial signal to the tv via the rf out. I use a scart connection aswell. I know this method of sending aerial signal is pointless as my vhs recorder is know longer part of the setup. What i want to...
February 19th 07 07:09 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
9 214
Does any Freeview PRV have an 'active EPG' by Steve
The Sky EPG seems to have the ability to change 'on the fly' if a programme overruns. Does any freeview PRV does this yet?
February 19th 07 05:13 PM
by DavidM Go to last post
7 279
Editing and burning TV programmes recorded on DVD-RW by divoch
I have bought my first DVD recorder, Panasonic DMR-EZ25EB and some DVD-RW discs. I made my first recording from TV but now wonder what best value software should I get for just removing extra bits at the start and end of the recordings and in future also cutting out commercial breaks. I would like something with a simple, user friendly interface and which can be used both to edit files...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 07 04:47 PM
by Adam Sampson Go to last post
27 1,498
Is TVDrive accessable over network by Bobby
Hi, I have a Telewest (Virgin Media) TVDrive and Blueyonder internet. I have four p/c's around the house networked via a switch and a cabled LAN, and all of these can access Blueyonder. Two of these p/c's have a DVD RW. Obviously I can see all of the p/c's on the network, but I wondered if there is anyway I can access the TVDrive on the network? The reason is that I do not have a stand alone DVD...
February 19th 07 04:35 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
1 117
Ricability Testing.....More independant Freeview STB and PVR testing for the DTI by Horovan
Here is the page that details the results of Ricability's testing of Freeview STBs and PVRs..... http://www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk/pages/test-reports/stbs_and_digital_tv_recorders/by-performance.htm Is it just me or do they not give quite the high rating to some products that they are awarded by the pundits of the digital TV websites and magazines?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 03:39 PM
by David Taylor Go to last post
11 359
unforgivable spam but have you signed it yet? by Bill Wright
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 07 12:13 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
108 1,648
Splitting Aerial Lead by [email protected]
Dear All, I currently have an external roof mounted aerial. The lead goes straight to the living room on the ground floor and into my plasma. Both analogue and digital tuners in the plasma have good reception. I'm thinking about buying a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-500 Dual Freeview TV Tuner card for my PC, which lives in a room on the first floor. Currently there is no aerial feed to the "PC room"....
February 18th 07 08:38 PM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
4 253
Ofcom to consult on BSkyB's Freeview plans by Agamemnon
Ofcom to consult on BSkyB's Freeview plans Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:57 PM GMT LONDON (Reuters) - Media regulator Ofcom said on Friday it would open a consultation on the decision by pay-TV firm BSkyB (BSY.L: Quote, Profile , Research) to remove three of its channels from the popular digital platform Freeview. BSkyB said last week that it would remove from the service Sky News, Sky Sports News and...
February 18th 07 07:11 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
6 253
Aerial Leads by geffers
Curiosity, I live in a house where the TV aerial feed comes out of the wall via an aerial socket. I have recently fitted a loft distribution system (Proception) with new satellite cable to a bedroom TV but retained the old cable to the main downstairs TV as it runs behind the wall. I would like to renew this cable but am wondering if the cable can be pulled through similar to mains cable.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 06:22 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
12 326
Digital - PVR Recorders by Geoff Lane
I would like to purchase a PVR recorder, preferably I would like one that includes a digital tuner as these seem to represent good value. Does anyone know of models that allow recording of auxiliary devices such as a Sky box. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 05:21 PM
by Alan Go to last post
16 374
Rigger's Diary by Bill Wright
This old dear rung the management agent this morning to complain that we were putting adverts on the CCTV, and thus making money out of it. We had been advertising Tesco apparently. We were baffled, and I asked one of the more sane ones in the block if he had any idea what she was on about. He went round and had a chat with her, and it turned out that the advert appears most mornings at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 18th 07 02:02 PM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
38 774
Total Newbie Q: What can I get with this dish ? by [email protected]
Hi, I've moved into a house that appears to have no normal TV aerial, only a satellite dish. Rather than mess about paying for an aerial installation, I thought I'd see what I can get from the existing dish. I have no experience of satellite TV - my old TV was via NTL analogue cable. The dish feed seems to come into the house via two coax cables with F-type connectors. There is also a diy...
February 18th 07 11:09 AM
by Peter Go to last post
4 181
In line DC blocker? by Andy Wade
Bob Latham wrote: I expected the Philips box to be AC coupled on its aerial input but it measures 1Kohm dc resitance which means something would have 9mA running through it. Do dc blockers exists? If so where from? I suspect you might be worrying too much. 9 mA isn't going to hurt the amplifier, since that's about the same as the normal load current of an IR eye. Nor is 81 mW...
February 18th 07 10:09 AM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
1 237
DVD Recorder failed, how to finalise disks? by Roger R
My Sony DVD recorder RGR GX210 (non hard disk) has failed..again. New Sep 05, failed Feb 06, (6 mths) failed again 1 year after repair. As the first failure was within the warrenty period, replacement of the 'read-write ROM chip' was at Sony's expense. Again it cannot read any disk, either commercial or its own creations finalised or not. The disk can be heard wrirring up to speed but a...
February 17th 07 09:59 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
4 621
Humax PVR-9200T - Channel Order by PajaP
Hi Just bought a Humax PVR-9200T. Using the installation wizard lots of the channels are not in the order I would expect. For example, channel 3 does not display ITV1. Instead I get 'No or bad signal'. ITV1 can be found on channel 802. Channel 4 is 803, ITV2 is at channel 804...... I am using the Oxford transmitter.
February 17th 07 08:40 PM
by PajaP Go to last post
9 564
1" mast question by Marky P
It seems to me from what I am hearing on this ng, that the 1" mast is barely useable for anything other that the tiniest of aerials. So why is it so difficult to get hold of anything thicker? A 6' x 2" is very rare, yet is more appropriate for most jobs. A 6' x 1.5" is even rarer. CPC sell a 6' x 1.25", but how much stronger is that compared to a 1" mast? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 07 07:05 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
10 355
Sky RF2 Output by Geoff Lane
Assuming a conventional aerial feed is connected to the Skybox if I then use the Sky RF2 output to supply a loft distribution system would the output be able to go into a freeview box. I'm thinking the freeview RF pass through would give analogue and the Sky output on RF with freeview via the SCART. Or am I wrong. Geoff Lane
February 17th 07 05:05 PM
by geffers Go to last post
4 1,181
Maplin 2 way aerial amp saturating? by Colin Stamp
Hi all, I recently got a new IDTV. I have a Topfield, so I'll probably never use the ID bit, but I thought I'd better make an effort to plug an aerial into it, if only because it seemed like a waste not to. This involved splitting the aerial so it could still go back upstairs as well as feeding the new telly. I tried a passive splitter first. This only worked for the stronger muxes. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 17th 07 12:22 PM
by Colin Stamp Go to last post
24 973
TV aerial installer New Forest? by plod
Any recommendations or pointers to find a reliable quality TV aerial installer in the southern New Forest area, please? -- plod
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 17th 07 10:36 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
29 813