Post New Thread
Is "Horror Channel" new? by Andy Burns[_9_]
Or have I just zapped past it without noticing? Seems to be running trailers ...
March 13th 15 09:25 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
6 202
OT. R. Hunberside. Qu. for Bill. by David[_9_]
They messed with my car radio today and took over from Radio 2 with their Traffic Announcement and not allowing back at the end of it. So looks your attempt to get it fixed not worked yet. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 15 08:04 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
82 756
OT. Morrisons ex-top man by David[_9_]
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11843349.Former_Morrisons_boss_set_to_take_home___3m_pay_off/ Seems supermarket are like banks in bonus for failure. Regards David
March 10th 15 09:15 AM
by Ed Davies Go to last post
2 187
OT. Coin 3V battery replacement by David[_9_]
My Samsung £D glasses use a CR2025 battery. Looking at Morrisons Supermarket they have them by Durocell at high price also a card pack of 3V 8 in total comprising 2 x CR2025, 2 x CR2016, 4 X CR2032 for £1.99 Poundstreacher same 8 at £1.99 and Poundland same 8 at £1.00 So bought the Poundland card so my CR2025 cost 50p each if I throw the others 6 away in worst case. 50p each seems to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 9th 15 04:51 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
50 759
subtitles again by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I was chatting to a person who is hard of hearing and she said she looks forward to the typos that have increased lately. She reckons the news is the best source of these. Even in serious items like when a young offender is detained, on one recent occasion the subtitle suggested, that he could not be named for Lego reasons. Well says it all really. I'm trying to think back to to when I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 6th 15 01:10 PM
by UnsteadyKen[_4_] Go to last post
33 307
BBC Radio Manchester DTT by Mark Carver
I read elsewhere, BBC Radio Manchester has popped up on Winter Hill (and presumably its relays) on the main BBC SD mux. No LCN mapped yet. -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 6th 15 10:17 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
10 328
Local radio on Freeview is it better than DAB? by David[_9_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item47 How is quality please? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 5th 15 04:27 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 385
So Tory supermarket. by Ian Field
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205695138039728
March 3rd 15 07:37 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
9 563
wave-particle duality and TV reception by Bill Wright[_2_]
The whole science of RF seems to be based on wave theory. Does particle theory have any place? Discuss. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 3rd 15 09:56 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
123 1,708
World at War First shown: 2.05pm 17 Feb 2009...? by Phi
The World at War (1973-74) is a 26-episode British television documentary series chronicling the events of the Second World War. At the time of its completion in 1973 it was the most expensive series ever made, costing 900,000. It was produced by Jeremy Isaacs, was narrated by Laurence Olivier, and includes a score composed by Carl Davis. A book, The World at War, was written by Mark...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 1st 15 09:01 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
19 229
I player by Brian Gaff[_2_]
If they keep on mucking up the radio and tv I players for blind use and using really awful audio burbling low bit rate stuff on the radio one, they will not be lasting much longer. Its their arrogance that really ****es me off. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
February 27th 15 07:59 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
8 240
The news by Bill Wright[_2_]
The big stories tonight are (1) Jack Straw (2) the Muslim video threatening to bomb shopping centres. The BBC isn't interested in either and leads with the week-old non-story about the girls who've gone to join the terrorists. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 15 07:42 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
46 731
Newsnight Typo by Ian
In last night's Newsnight item on Rifkind/Straw, they used a graphic showing a notepad with the text sliding in from the right in red upper-case, as they went through the MP's rules. https://www.dropbox.com/s/06yj6vd5c1m165e/BBC%20Typo.JPG?dl=0 -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 15 01:30 AM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
32 409
How we got to now by Dave Saville[_4_]
I only spotted this series last Saturday - which was part 2. Part 2 is on iplayer and says it will be available for 29 days. Assuming part 1 is the same, why can't I find it? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 15 08:33 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
87 580
Connecting Radiolight LR/HA Neckloop System to my hearing aids loop. by Mick IOW
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to hear my TV through my hearing aids. My television is a SAMSUNG UE40D5520 40" Full HD LED TV, it has a Headphone socket and a Digital audio out Optical connections, that I would like to connect to a Radio light LR/HA Neck loop System (Radio Light LR 11 Set) but the Radio Light has only a Red and White Phono type connectors.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 15 02:44 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
12 347
Bizarre reception problem - any ideas? by Scott[_2_]
I have discovered that I lose BBC News HD and the other COM7 stations when the Blu-ray player is switched on. The TV shows 'No signal'. Other HD channels are unaffected. When the Blu-ray player is switched off signal strength is about 96% and quality 100% so this is not a case of marginal reception. Can a Blu-ray player interfere with TV reception?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 15 02:38 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
48 526
just this minute on the telly by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Granada Reports "The lock holds a quarter of a megalitre of water. That's about two hundred and fifty thousand litres." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
42 477
Sheffield Live by Bill Wright[_2_]
Are still playing adverts in audio only, with their static logo on screen for the duration. This isn't television as we know it. Do they not realise that people will reach for the remote? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 15 10:56 AM
by Ian Go to last post
14 282
just this minute (2) by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Look North the girl doing the OB about sheep has her mike under her scarf so the sound is muffled. Bill
February 23rd 15 10:46 AM
by Ian Go to last post
4 201
Not more retuning. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I noticed yesterday that ch 70 said it was moving to 64 today, are there any other changes afoot. I also noted last night on dab which has some stations wi hich are quite week sometimes that there is one which has a recording on it saying that some people in some places will loose bbc northampton, but will get three counties and there will be other changes on the commercial stations as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 22nd 15 07:27 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
33 460