Post New Thread
4k TV on Freesat or Freeview? by Michael Chare[_5_]
4K TVs are becoming available and more reasonable prices and there are some 4k internet streaming channels. So when, if ever, will any of the Freesat or Freeview channels convert to 4K? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 11:04 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
156 5,513
Last night of the proms - HD sound out of sync by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just watching the Last Night of the Proms. Lip sync is definitely out on BBC1HD, but ok on SD. Sound slightly leads video. This is with a Panasonic PVR DMR-HWT130. Anyone else notice this? -- Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 04:38 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
38 1,186
Horizon disappointing by Brian-Gaff
Last night there was supposed to be a Horizon talking about the universes dark ages and all that stuff. The actual content could have been dealt with in about 15 minutes. Instead it rambled on for almost an hour going over the same stuff apparently with some arty farty pointless animations and lots of choral singing and people who sounded like they were talking down drainpipes. What a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 04:32 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
35 603
Unusual place for a Yagi by ureds
Spotted on a recent trip to Glencoe, pointed at Ballachulish which is about a mile to the north. https://goo.gl/maps/9YyII maybe the property over the road is using it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 04:05 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
38 666
exhaust senser by Gary[_4_]
Not tv but you guys are normally practical, I need to mount a lambda sender in a 125 cc exhaust system . Any ideas? Thanks Gary
September 15th 15 09:17 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
1 200
Seen in Venice last week... by Graham.[_5_]
....but might be more at home on the planet Venus. I saw at least one other like it on route to Marco Polo airport. https://flic.kr/p/yijciW Perhaps someone could describe it for Brian, I tried, but I can't quite do it justice! --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 15th 15 10:59 AM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
11 262
Proms last night. by Brian Gaff
BBC4. The history of Swing. Seemed to me that it was quite a good effort audio wise considering the acoustics of the RAH. However the dynamic of the music was much greater in the second half than the first, but I still found the drums and cymbals wer a bit down in the mix and compressed compared to the rest. Of course in such a life situation it can get very difficult to balance things and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 15 07:39 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
53 1,016
Slightly OT - Memory Upgrade by Eddie King[_2_]
Hi all, apologies for what is slightly OT, but being a longtime reader of this NG I value the expertise on offer. My slightly ageing PC has an MSI Motherboard MS7592 6.0 with 4 GB DDR3 memory which I would like to upgrade to 8GB. OS is win7 64-Bit. The specs on the MSI site say that my MB will take DDR3 memory modules 800, 1066 or 1333 overclocked. What does this mean. Most memory on offer...
September 14th 15 11:34 AM
by Andy Furniss[_3_] Go to last post
8 227
'Look East' tonight by Davey
Subject: Tour of Britain Cycle Race, tomorrow. Talking about riding on the cobblestones of Norwich: "Interviewer: What happens if it rains?" "Guest (deadpan): They get wet." Best response ever!
September 14th 15 07:30 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
6 523
Arise News by Pinnerite[_2_]
When I could only get a message indicating that all was not well for a second day, I checked the website. Wow! Staff and rent not paid etc. It is unbelievable. I found it slotted in well beside Al Jazeera, Skye and of course the BBC and ITV services. I am disappointed.
September 11th 15 01:13 PM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
0 206
Dr Foster BBC1 by David[_9_]
Could you follow the dialog? We had difficulty in parts, Regards David
September 10th 15 11:44 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
4 979
Wales can do it why not in Yorkshire by David[_9_]
Can never understand the BBC and how they decide things. Been on holiday in Wales in my caravan with a HD TV set, 101 was BBC1 HD and watched the 6pm evening news and at 6:30 expected the program to go off whilst local news on as it does at home in Yorkshire. It did not local news came on in HD. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 8th 15 12:41 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 420
re Madingley (Cambs) Local TV MUX channel number?. by tony sayer
Does anyone know what this is please?. There doesn't seem to be owt on the Ofcom website anywhere.... -- Tony Sayer
September 7th 15 10:44 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
5 332
Test by Graham C
Seems I am unable to start a new thread. I can reply to existing threads. Will this appear ? GrahamC --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 15 02:25 PM
by Dick Go to last post
14 300
The Avengers by Graham C
The Avengers is currently being shown on True Entertainment. Watched episode 4/24 'A Sense of History' the other day and couldn't remember who one of the familiar face guests was. However he didn't appear in the credits and I then discovered that they were the credits for another episode which was shown a day or two later. That episode 4/26 'Honey for the Prince' had the same...
September 5th 15 01:01 AM
by Davey Go to last post
3 320
Optimo AV get protection for 1 year pay just 6 month price by Jack Hall
Optimo Antivirus, as a true warrior, fights with all types of malware and virus attacks in order to provide 100% protected system environment to the users. In this world where you are surrounded with millions of malware programs and there is always risk of getting your system infected, Optimo AV is emerged as a synonym to security with complete virus protection solution. Its unique features and...
September 2nd 15 05:23 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
5 318
Win 10 privacy defaults by Java Jive[_2_]
Bummer! I've just realised that I'm going to have to endure W10 on this laptop after all. W10 won't install on my old test P4s, so I have no other way of testing my website in Edge :-( On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 20:15:43 +0100, Java Jive wrote: After 24 hours, I've just rolled my laptop back from W10 to W7. There were a number of things I didn't like ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 15 12:27 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
19 585
Sainsbury, do keep up at the back! by Adrian Caspersz
Spotted a few days ago... http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/turnstyler/File%2029-08-2015%2014%2059%2048_zpseonf83rs.jpeg -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 1st 15 11:28 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
45 792
Interference by Brian-Gaff
I noticed the other day that one cannot use a portable DAB if a friends laptop is on charge. On fiddling with my scanner I notice that this power supply chucks out so much broadband hash, weak fm stations are clobbered, indeed its got birdies and wandering warbling noises from long wave all the way up to about 300 megs. Not unusual unfortunately. Why do these manufacturers not put in some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 31st 15 01:06 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
34 566
Entertainment Channel by Davey
I have been recording Salvage Squad, without watching any but the first couple that I noticed. Today, I saw that the most recent was a repeat of the first one that I have stored on the PVR, but it was 50 minutes long, whereas the first copy was 60 minutes long. Comparison of the two shows that the 50 minute one is chopped off before the end. Further investigation shows that I have four...
August 31st 15 12:17 PM
by Davey Go to last post
8 354
Post New Thread