Post New Thread
exclamation marks by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:08:56 +0100, Tim+ wrote: But then you would have to start every sentence with so/like throughout. I even heard a mature person on the Today prog this morning starting every reply with 'so.' I heard the phrase "less policemen" this morning. Aaaaarrrgghh!
April 7th 15 07:02 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 238
Can't decide if this is real or a send up by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Bill Wright wrote: Jim Lesurf wrote: Still it helps Bill to keep people commenting on all the OT threads he starts on the same few things You go off topic often enough when it suits, Jim Lesurf, you old hippercrit you!
April 7th 15 06:56 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 159
BBC One .....The Ark by Ian
In message , Bill Wright writes Bob Latham wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: The difference is that CSA is frowned on by mainstream Christianity, whereas in another religion that's very popular it was practised by the prophet and is sanctioned in the holy book.
April 7th 15 04:22 PM
by Ian Go to last post
0 163
Wallace and Grommet by Bill Wright[_2_]
Is very good in HD. Bill
April 7th 15 09:50 AM
by Ian Go to last post
8 261
Got the wind up by Bill Wright[_2_]
Wind power today is working at around one two hundredth of installed capacity. So what? Installed capacity is only about 10GW, so the shortfall is easily made up. But what will happen in 2020 when we will have, by all accounts, 15% of all our energy (not just electricity) coming from wind? This 15% equates to around 30% of electricity supply or 20GW. On a still day we will lose 99.5% of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 15 07:30 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
10 328
Why have I done this? by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150404_033147.jpg Why have I done this? It is not for any suicidal or homicidal reason, not is it anything to do with generators or inverters. The application will be completely safe and sensible. Care to guess? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 5th 15 07:53 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
36 646
OT BBC Bias by Bill Wright[_2_]
Yesterday on PM there was an item about railway engineering works: "There are a few things that can strike terror in the heart and leave you sinking though your chair, and no I'm not talking about a UKIP/Tory coalition, I'm talking about railway engineering works." Not bad eh? Just thirty days or so before a General Election! Bill
April 5th 15 03:30 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 247
BBC Advertising by alan_m
The BBC often advertise their own offerings on TV between program breaks but what is the logic of advertising toady's upcoming weather when the advert contains 90% of the information you may want for the day but you have to wait 15 minutes for more detail. Paraphasing, some places will be overcast with temperatures of 10C, other places will see the sun which will push up the temperatures to...
April 5th 15 11:38 AM
by Dex[_3_] Go to last post
5 236
projecting an image by Bill Wright[_2_]
I need to project or otherwise place an image on a wooden board so I can paint it on the board by using it as a guide. I don't have an overhead projector. I have some transparent media for a laser printer and I have a 60 year old 6cm projector in the loft but I don't want to dig it out and the bulb will blow and the whole thing will be annoying. Isn't there some way the old painter guys used...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 5th 15 09:26 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
43 684
OT - Virgin Media Tivo by David[_13_]
Well, really probably on topic but not in line with most of the current posting ;-) Now the Virgin Media web site is so user aggressive (or I am so slow on the uptake) that I can't really work out what I can do with the Tivo and a home network. I have got as far as managing the Tivo from my Windows PC as long as I use Firefox and not Chrome (FFS why??). Not even a mention of IE.
April 4th 15 06:04 PM
by Lobster Go to last post
3 231
BBC World News HD by satellite by Ulrich Onken[_3_]
An HD version of BBC World News has become available on Astra 1KR (19.2E) on Wednesday: http://www.ses.com/4233325/news/2015/21050421. It's on 11229v and is supposed to cover most parts of Europe: http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Astra-1KR-Europe.html. So far BBC World News had been available in SD only, on Hotbird 13E and Astra 19.2E, but not via Freesat (28.2E). An EPG, such as on...
April 4th 15 11:23 AM
by Klaus Go to last post
7 258
Future Of The BBC by Paul Ratcliffe
On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:08:00 +0000, JNugent wrote: And what about people who aren't online or who find it difficult or impossible for whatever reason? Or are you making that a requirement now? Talk about inflicting your own want, want, wants on other people regardless... Have you tried to cross the Thames at Dartford recently? Or tried to drive into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 15 10:06 AM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
18 398
from the Housing Association girl by Bill Wright[_2_]
"Please be aware this tenant has dimensions." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 15 07:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 330
Is twin core better for a 5m Headphone extension cable? by Mick IOW
Hi all, Why do some Headphone extension cables have twin cabling is there an advantage , I need one of 5m length. Mick.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 3rd 15 12:27 AM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
21 425
Is there a group for UK TV Programs please? by Mick IOW
Hi all, is there a group that talks about the Television programs on UK TV? I found: uk.media. tv but the last post there seems to be in 2012! I am wondering about "Doctors" that was on BBC1 weekday afternoons, my TV guide said for Friday 27 March that it was the last in the series, yet on watching it. there was a trailer at the end for the next episode, so is it coming back? Mick.
April 2nd 15 01:24 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
5 268
Psychiatric nurse gone missing by Bill Wright[_2_]
Any got any idea why my Humax satellite box recorded half an hour of Dara and Ed's Great Adventure tonight and labelled it Nurse, instead of really recording Nurse? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 15 10:57 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 373
bv is back by Brian Gaff[_2_]
What would the world be without a few wackos eh? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 31st 15 11:13 AM
by Ian Go to last post
20 343
BBC News today by Pinnerite[_2_]
Well, we now know about the eclipse. Thanks to the BBC News channel, we now know little about world news or indeed much else.They've lost it. Thankfully there are alternative channels and the web. Doesn't do much for the BBC's reputation though. -- Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.32-desktop-1.mga4 KDE version 4.11.4 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 27th 15 07:37 PM
by NY Go to last post
105 1,187
OT BBC News web site by [email protected]
Does anyone like the new web site? It has great slabs of bright white screen. They hurt my eyes. Watching on a smartphone with an AMOLED screen, the white elements run down the battery.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 26th 15 06:17 PM
by Roger[_5_] Go to last post
41 1,240
BBC bias for Bill W. by David[_9_]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11493144/BBC-coverage-of-European-Union-is-biased-and-letting-down-viewers-MPs-find.html?WT.mc_id=e_DM7487&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Pol_New&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_Pol_New_2015_03_25&utm_campaign=DM7487 David
March 26th 15 04:55 PM
by Ian Go to last post
5 210
Post New Thread