Post New Thread
Purpose to my old TU-DSB30 SKY DIGIBOX by Blaty
I bought recently a new Sky Digibox and I wanted to find a purpose to my old one, which a PANASONIC TU-DSB30 SKY DIGIBOX is. I took it without the viewing card to my apartment in Benidorm where I have installed a 1m dish oriented to Astra 28.2. I am aware that no BBC channels are available there but there are many channels like Skynews, CNN etc, which are not in AST02D (small foot print), and I...
February 14th 07 10:46 AM
by Chris Vowles Go to last post
1 196
percentage of Sky subscribers by Bill Wright
Does anyone know what percentage of all dwellings in the UK has Sky, Sky+, and Freesat? Is there any information about the uptake of Sky in different social groups or regions? Thanks for any help. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 07 08:52 PM
by Graham Go to last post
17 501
Pay to (Free)view by Geoff Lane
I see Sky are soon to launch a subscription service on DTT but to enable sufficient bandwidth Sky3, SkyNews and SkySportsNews are being withdrawn as free channels and are to be put on the subscription channel. I wonder how long the description of 'Freeview' can remain for DTT. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 07 07:31 PM
by Tate and Lyle Go to last post
13 278
HDMI cable by dumbo
Hi All, When connecting two HD ready items,TV and DVD recorder with HDMI sockets, with HDMI cable, is the TV switched automatically as in Scart when DVD switched to play? Many thanks Ferret
February 13th 07 05:16 PM
by dumbo Go to last post
6 172
HD avi from laptop to LCD tv by diy-newby
Hi guys I have a HD ready lcd tv in the cons which has component input along with pc input (vag and DVI). I would like to see what an HD image looks like on the tv. Is it possible to connect a laptop to the tv, via either the vga or the dvi connector and play a HD avi on the laptop to show on the lcd. I have tried burning the avi to a dvd and playing on the dvd player (which has divx...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 07 10:21 AM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
19 351
Free Sky Channels by Dubba
Hi all I've just been on the phone to my mother who reports that she has started to be able to watch premium Sky channels on her FreeSat box. I was sceptical until she told me what she was watching on Sky Sports 1 and I checked it. I then phoned my Grandad (a fellow FreeSat user) who confirmed this! Have Sky messed up on encryption or is it some kind of promotion? Thanks
February 12th 07 10:56 PM
by Dubba Go to last post
3 152
Whoops! Forgot the pic by Marky P
In my haste, I forgot to add the pic. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2007_0210periodic0001.jpg Marky P
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 12th 07 09:19 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
21 396
23" HDTV with sony freeview DVDRW recorder, for mainly SD programmes? by none
Hi I have a standard 20" 4:3 CRT telly and a sony freeview DVD recorder. I would like to get a slightly bigger telly that takes up less room but still plays DVD's and BBC1&ITV programmes as well as my old telly. If I am going to buy a new tv, should I get a HDready one so that I dont have to buy another tv in 3-4 years time? As I understand it, if I get a decent 23" HDtv it should be able to
February 12th 07 07:26 PM
by Bramble Go to last post
4 220
to housing managers by Bill Wright
We are already getting calls that are obviously the result of snow settling on aerials and dishes. If the forecast is to be believed there will be more of these tomorrow. If you have complaints of poor reception I suggest you advise people of this possibility and (unless there's clear evidence of a genuine fault) ask them to ring back on Monday if the problem is still there. Where dishes...
February 12th 07 06:28 PM
by Ian Stirling Go to last post
1 107
Where can I get traditional aerial plugs? by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Bob Latham wrote: I like to solder the inner conductor of my aerial leads. All the plugs I've obtained over the last few years seem to be determined I shouldn't do this. Maplins seem to think screw fixing is better - I don't. Satcure sell plugs with the tip closed off so the wire cannot go right through to...
February 12th 07 06:18 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
0 116
Where can I get traditional aerial plugs? by Bill Wright
"Bob Latham" wrote in message ... Does anyone know where to get the plugs from that allow the inner wire to pass right through for soldering? Antiference ones are OK but you need to sink the heat away or the plastic melts. Not a problem in reality. Bill
February 12th 07 05:44 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
0 127
Update? by Steve
Watching through my Thomspn DHD400 in the small hours this morning, it put itself into standby because of an impending download/upgrade. This morning nothing seems to have changed. What was going on? Steve
February 12th 07 05:38 PM
by Ron Morgan Go to last post
4 206
Updating of EPG by AJM
Can it be that a nil response so far to my query posted under this subject heading on 10/2/07 is because I sought an informed opinion? If so, I am quite amenable to a speculative opinion - or indeed any opinion. AJM
February 12th 07 04:41 PM
by AJM Go to last post
2 126
Aspect switching by Paul D.Smith
OK, got my new 16:9 TV and I've been playing with the aspect settings and, surprise-surprise, none of them do exactly what I want. Anyway, this got me wondering how the magic "aspect ratio switching" works? Does it really? Problems I can think of already are... - How does analogue signal it? Special teletext page? - How does digital signal it? Probably not too bad as you have a digital...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 03:39 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
17 374
Digihome PVR80 by REDSKINS
Hi. If anyone who owns one of the digihome PVR80 boxes the ones that Argos do for 99, could they be kind enough to write back on how to do a software upgrade on the menus, i.e press menu then scroll down to.... press 2 etc etc...the new software is due for broadcast next week, my parents are not very technically minded so if Ican talk them through what menu items to press etc it would...
February 12th 07 03:26 PM
by Harry Stottle Go to last post
6 519
Sky TV on computer by Doug Paulley
I don't have a telly, and don't really have anywhere to put one. Currently I watch Freeview and TopupTV through my computer. I am thinking of moving to Sky. Do I understand that it isn't really possible to get most channels directly on my computer due to Sky's closely-guarded CAM system? With Topup TV, I have a DVB card in my computer, a Phoenix card reader, a software cam emulator and a valid...
February 12th 07 12:13 PM
by Steve Go to last post
3 377
Disaster by
A program I've ben waiting for months to watch is coming on TV at 9pm tonight, but my cable has just broken in the wind, I've got no tools, no time and no idea how to fix it so the signal can be patched back together! Its a freeview channel I want to watch so indoor aerial is out of the question today! I've got a brown type outside aerial cable. What can I do to improve the quality of the signal?...
February 12th 07 11:09 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
6 134
OT Martin Luther King moment. by Bill Wright
I had my nap tonight and I drempt that I went to a house in response to a complaint about the communal TV system. The house was very cluttered, especially with pieces of grey and black leatherette. Two large industrial sewing machines occupied most of the living room and two members of the family were busy making some sort of item from the leatherette. One of them was a lady of about 60 with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 07 12:57 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
69 932
A really, really technical question! by Alan Holmes
Can one use the ordinary existing aerial for digital TV? Or does one have to change that as well? Alan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 07 05:01 PM
by Alan Holmes Go to last post
13 283
Humax PVR9200T by Docka
The Humax PVR9200T ..."The Hummy"...is it obsolescent? Comet and DSG (Currys and Dixons ) appear no longer to be selling this PVR and Martin Dawes is selling it at 172.50 and John Lewis at 199.Meanwhile - the kiss of death - Richer Sounds are selling them off at 199! With Freeview Playback demanding a 10 second full 8 day EPG download - it looks like the Hummy is about to be replaced...
February 11th 07 02:28 PM
by Woby Tide Go to last post
5 164
Post New Thread