Post New Thread
How do I lock my sat box signal by Alan
Hi Can anyone tell me how to get my sat box to lock it's signal as the box has lost it some how? What code do I need to do this? Help Please
March 16th 07 03:35 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
1 135
epg installation by [email protected]
I recently bought a new Sony LCD tv and a DVD recorder (Sony RDRHX525 ). I think I finally managed to get it hooked up correctly with the Skydigibox, however, the EPG doesn't work. I think I have tried everything but nothing comes through. Can anyone tell me how to install this? There seems to be conflicting info in the manual as well as at one point it says to use 'tuner' as source and at...
March 16th 07 02:58 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 183
Home Video Distribution by Simon Dobson
Hello all, A friend is after setting up a home video distribution system. Two sources, a multimedia PC tucked away upstairs along with a Sky+.. Three outputs; two plasma TV's & surround systems and a normal Hi-fi. Quality of the system is the most important, so sending everything about the place wirelessly or with RF would be a no-no :-)
March 16th 07 10:17 AM
by Lurch Go to last post
6 206
Another classy aerial install by fred
This pair of aerials is installed on two adjoining blocks of flats in Glasgow, probably housing association by the look. How could they get one right and one soooo wrong? http://i19.tinypic.com/2itlvmq.jpg http://i19.tinypic.com/2nrhgrd.jpg http://i16.tinypic.com/2s1oi2w.jpg First thoughts were that the correct aerial is for terrestrial and the other is an attempt at satellite or DX reception...
March 16th 07 02:53 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
4 180
How many DTT muxes after switchover? by DAB sounds worse than FM
The last time I read about this Ofcom was saying that there will be 8 DTT muxes after switchover instead of 6 now and they would all be using 64-QAM. Is this still the situation? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 07 02:43 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
12 561
Virgin threatens to sue Sky by Beck
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6421419.stm Do Virgin have a leg to stand on? I am not sure of the legal ramifications of all this but are Sky legally obliged to supply channels to other suppliers? Surely if Sky do not want them to have them then that is within their rights?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 15th 07 11:48 PM
by Keith W Go to last post
55 927
converting a wire aerial to proper coax socket by Marky P
Hi, I jus bought my dad a little CD/FM/DAB micro system, but I would like to connect it to a proper loft or outdoor mounted aerial. It only has a piece of wire hanging out of the back. I know I can just attach this wire to the centre conductor of some coax which would improve reception but is it possible to connect the braid to something, such as the negative speaker terminal to shield it. ...
March 15th 07 11:09 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
3 184
Toppy update by madge
Over the air update worked fine. In case anyone is counting I do not notice any differences. I was running 5.12.25. Were there any mind shattering changes that I should take note of?
March 15th 07 04:04 PM
by Nigel Whitfield Go to last post
1 185
an advanced body builder_stair climber. by [email protected]
The stair climber of HJ1101,HISUN brand ,is one of the body builders, which are used in aerobic training. We are the direct manufacturer in china. Specialty: 1, it is a full automatic intelligent controlling machine, you could preestablish your sport's object, and when it is on, you will catch the data about how long have you done the sport , the mountain height reached, the speed of moving ,...
March 15th 07 02:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 44
Capital Gold by Commander Gideon
I listen to Capital Gold on a satellite receiver (non Sky) and this morning I noticed it has disappeared from my presets,have they changed the frequency? Does anybody what the new tuning details are,I am not to technically minded I'm afraid!
March 15th 07 12:25 PM
by Commander Gideon Go to last post
2 139
Just had a new 32" LCD TV but?? by Ken
If I set the 4.3 mode the picture has black lines around it. The other options, on the remote zoom button, are zoom, full or subtitle but with no explanations, in the very poor manual. In these other modes the top and/or the bottom of the picture is cut off. I would of thought there would of been an auto setting but there is not. If I had bought a 26" set with 4.3 format I wouldn't of got...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 15th 07 07:09 AM
by Ken Go to last post
26 756
Grainy UHF output from Humax 9200 by Stone Free
For the last year I have had absolutely no problems with the UHF output, until yesterday. My Humax is connected to my TV through a SCART to S-Video lead as well as via RHF. It is also connected to my stereo through the RCA Stereo outputs. The aerial output of the Humax goes into my VCR and then from the VCR to the TV. When I am watching a film or decent drama series I prefer to use my...
March 14th 07 10:56 PM
by Mick G Go to last post
2 299
Type of scart lead? by Kirsty
We have just had digital TV installed, and we currently have the digibox connected to the video with one scart lead, then the video to the TV with another (the TV only has one scart socket). To watch DVDs we would need to unplug the video scart lead from the TV and plug in the one in that's attached to the DVD player instead. My husband is sure he remembers having a type of scart lead a few...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 07 10:30 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
14 902
"Sky Three, Sky News and Sky Sports News will disappear from digitalterrestrial" by Chris Vowles
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6343715.stm from this summer .... Sky Three, Sky News and Sky Sports News will disappear from digital terrestrial .... Just how many people have bought a freeview box mainly for Sky Sports News / Sky News / Sky Three, well they will be annoyed .....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 14th 07 10:26 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
45 962
ITV Play Is Currently Unavailable..... by Geoff
Lets hope this continues !!!!!!!!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 14th 07 11:46 AM
by David Taylor Go to last post
43 781
Download Unlimited Music, and Movies straight to your iPod! Spyware & Adware Free. by lilly
Get Instant Access to Unlimited Movies, TV Shows & Video Clips directly to your iPOD. Also access millions of music MP3s, CDs & DVDs and much much more. Convert your DVD collection and transfer it to your iPod, (including new releases). No download fees and no burn fees. Come check it out--- http://www.ipodmusicdownloads.150m.com Thanks:)
March 13th 07 10:43 PM
by Go to last post
1 143
Freeview Box - Dolby Digital out? by Slitheen
I have bought a new Freeview box, a Philips DTR210. On the box, it says it has a SPDIF Dolby Digital bitstream output....which is a coaxial output. It carries the Dolby Digital logo on the box too. But do any Freeview channels actually broadcast in Dolby? I was dubious of it to start with, and now I have connected it to my Dolby amp via coaxial, my suspicions are confirmed. It is just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 13th 07 10:23 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
12 386
A National Wireless Network ? by gbh
There have been calls recently for a free public wireless network for computers - instead of the ad hoc commercial networks we have now. Now this might be feasible for cities and large towns to supply but would be very inefficient for rural areas - where it is probably more needed. But how about a licensed network - along the lines of the BBC, that is, a British Network Corporation? Its remit...
March 13th 07 04:40 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
6 220
Best Place to Site a Plasma TV by Steve
Hi, are there any 'do's and 'donts' for deciding where to place a plasma (42") in a front room. My current tv is located in front of a large bay window so no light shining onto the screen but the window behind the screen. Is that going to affect the veiwing quality of a plasma.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 13th 07 11:26 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
20 503
Freeview v's Analogue Signals by Capt Jack Sparrow
We receive the signal from Sandy Heath (we're in North Cambridgeshire) and in the last few weeks I have noticed a marked deterioration in the quality of the analogue signals in our area. ITV1 in particular tends to be grainy, and to a lesser degree both BBC channels and Channel 4 are. First thought was an aerial problem, but the Freeview (Netgem boxes) are both superb, no pixilation or...
March 13th 07 10:59 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
3 222
Post New Thread