Post New Thread
Triax FM-3 downlead connections by Ron Lowe
Hi, all. I have a triax 3-element FM aerial here. Anyone familiar with it? The downlead connects to the folded dipole in a blue box, as per this photo: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ronlowe.abz/DIY/photo#5036579238102908130 1) The connector for the screen is a single piece, with no obvious means of
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 1st 07 06:13 PM
by Ron Lowe Go to last post
11 587
BBC Trust gives nod to Freesat by DAB sounds worse than FM
And about bloody well time. But at least it says it's going to support HDTV: http://www.absolutegadget.com/news/television/bbc-plans-free-digital-tv-20070227-307.html "The BBC said the technology would be future-proofed, with high definition and personal video recorder compatibility built in." Another story he http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2022589,00.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 07 03:12 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
26 477
Finding the problem with a weak mux by Marky P
I must admit, that I didn't really have enough time when I was down in Ilfracombe to do a few tests with the aerial system. As you are probably aware, one mux (ITV Mux A on Ch40 from Wenvoe) was very dodgy, with a severe breaking up problem. Signal strength, according to the DTTV was 50%, but signal quality was Medium. This is also a 64QAM mux, but so is the ITV/C4 mux on Ch34 and that was...
March 1st 07 01:04 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
7 245
ghost images by Low Life #3
I have 5 cables bundled together with cable binders in an Ikea sheath running up to the back of the TV: SCART, power (I believe you may refer to this as *mains*), RCA audio, HDMI, and coaxial antenna cable. when the Sky digibox is on and using the TV SCART input there are quite noticeable ghost images. If I unplug the coaxial antenna cable the images go away. when we watch using the HDMI...
March 1st 07 11:06 AM
by Low Life #3 Go to last post
9 192
Leaving Service Mode of Goodmans 2066TS TV (Daewoo C005?) by Paddy3118
Hi, I have a Goodmans TV and kids who pressed several buttons that they cannot remember and ended up setting the TV into "SVC v1" mode. The remote is a little black thing with model number R-40A01 on it. Even turning the set on then off leaves it with "SVC v1" in the top left corner and with the volume set very low. The remote seems to have no effect on the TV, although I put fresh batteries in...
March 1st 07 07:47 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
4 485
/Exactly/ what frequency would you expect to find a given mux on? by Michael Rozdoba
And no, I don't just mean how does one figure out what your local transmitter claims to be broadcasting on... FWIW, I receive from Pontop Pike, so expected: 1 on C48 (690MHz) 2 on C55 (746MHz) A on C59 (778MHz) B on C62 (802MHz) C on C65 (826MHz) D on C53 (730MHz)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 27th 07 09:43 PM
by Brian Gregory [UK] Go to last post
22 443
HD on freeview by bugbear
No, I know you can't transmit it. But has anyone else noticed that HD originated material is quite noticeably better, even when seen on freeview? It looks as if having all that lurvely data available at start allows freeview to do its very best. BugBear
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 07 04:25 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
54 872
were any new channels added to freeview dvb guide today? by tiscali
mine auto updated. what new channels were added?
February 27th 07 02:56 PM
by tiscali Go to last post
0 160
DigitalTV/Compter/ arial etc. by Someone
I have an indoor Arial attached to my TV and digibox in my sitting room which picks up a good signal. I bought a PC ( different room) which is supposed to pick up analogue and digital TV. Indoor Arial which is a stick that came with computer, pointed in roughly same direction. At first I picked up 23 channels, then suddenly they all disappeared over night. Have since varied between being...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 07 08:24 AM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
39 621
Updated Site by Webmaster
Hi all, I've updated the site with more photos. www.Aerial-Cowboys.co.uk
February 27th 07 02:58 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
1 169
Digital TV on a computer ( off topic I suppose) by Adrian C
Someone wrote: I run my main TV from a digibox attached to an indoor aerial. I have always supposed we have a pretty strong signal because we get all the digital channels quite easily. I bought a singing and dancing computer which is supposed to run digital and analogue TV from an aerial socket. I have this in a different room . I am not technical I dont know how it works. It...
February 26th 07 10:06 PM
by Turkey Cough Go to last post
7 205
The public's unrealistic expectations by Bill Wright
Bloody dentist says I've got to have more treatment. The odd thing is, I react in a strange way to being in the dentist's chair. I get very drowsy once he starts the treatment. Apparently it's some sort of defence mechanism. Or something. I struggle to keep awake. If I do fall asleep the dentist and the assistant both assume I'm in a coma or even dead and react accordingly (no I don't mean...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 26th 07 03:05 PM
by Colum Mylod Go to last post
28 487
BBC on demand consultation by Beck
Was reading Jame's thread about the TV license and it reminded me that BBC are doing a public consultation on the possibility of "download on demand" services. If you are interested in taking part and giving your views then head on over to http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/consult/open_consultations/ondemand_services.html You don't have to read all the bumph, the start consultation link is near...
February 26th 07 11:26 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
5 179
sending video over wireless network by Doug Paulley
I have a Sky box connected via scart to composite to an analogue TV card on one computer. It works quite well. However where Sky was installed is less than ideal (due to their safety regulations etc.) I have a wireless network throughout my flat. Is there a relatively easy way to set my computer to transmit the composite stream on my LAN, and for other computers to be able to receive this?
February 26th 07 11:13 AM
by Resident Drunk Go to last post
4 172
Digital TV + DVDRecorder - Do i need both to be digital? by [email protected]
I am going to buy a Digital LCD TV. I do not want a freeview box as part of my system. I also want to buy a DVD/Hard Drive recorder. Does the recorder need to be digital as well to record on Freeview channels? Thanks
February 26th 07 11:03 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
7 154
Samsung LCD Advice Please by Pete
I have recently purchased a 40" Samsung LCD television from Dixons. After it was delivered and installed we observed a crack on the Bezel. Dixons were happy to exchange it and after a week the replacement arrived (with no Crack) Now here is the problem. During the week that we had the TV I was very impressed with the picture quality and (apart from the crack) was very pleased with my...
February 26th 07 10:59 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
3 174
Virgin Media losing Sky Channels by Dr Zoidberg
Looks like no more sky one on Virgin Cable. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a43032/in-full-virgins-statement-on-sky-channels.html "Sky Tries to Double Price of Under-Performing Basic Channels Since its launch on February 8th, Virgin Media has announced plans to enhance dramatically its digital TV service with a combination of new programming and cutting edge, on-demand technology. As a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 26th 07 10:29 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
19 427
Transmitter & aerial question (London) by Peter
My daughter has a room in a housein Camberwell and cannot get TV reception from an indoor loop aerial. It has been suggested to me (by my wife) that I get it sorted for her! Her post code is SE5 8QQ and I'm assuming that the transmitter that serves this address is Crystal Palace which rerquires a horizontal group A aerial. I'm assuming that CP is roughly due south of her address and that not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 26th 07 09:22 AM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
25 509
4OD by
Does anyone know how much it is to watch Hollyoaks on Four on Demand? Is there a cost for it? www.channel4.com/4OD
February 25th 07 08:50 PM
by Go to last post
7 210
Making the most of HDTV by Beck
I have a new HDTV. Its only a 26" Polaroid but I like it. It has lots of connections - VGA, 2 x hdmi, 1 x component, 2 x scart. I have the following setup: xbox 360 - component dvd recorder from tv via scart sky from dvd via scart The reason I have dvd between TV and sky is to allow for sky tv recording.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 07 07:16 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
11 298