Post New Thread
UHF diplexer question by Marky P
I have two diplexers, one is A/E, the other K/CD. One connection on each of them is a through leg. I imagine that this means only one connection has the circuitry in the way. Does that mean that there is more loss through the processed input than the through leg or is it negligable? Marky P.
February 21st 07 11:30 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
3 188
Issues with Sony VTX-D800U and Samsung WS32Z429TQ TV by Tony Cue
Hi, My Sony Freeview box worked fine with my old TV (non-descript Goodmans 28" W/S) but I have an unusual problem with my new setup. My new TV works fine on an analogue TV signal, also with my Samsung DVD-HD860/XEU DVD (connected by either SCART or HDMI) and even my Nintendo Wii. When the Sony freeview box gets turned on, that's when the fun starts. After a couple of minutes, I get a black...
February 21st 07 09:51 AM
by Tony Cue Go to last post
5 194
Panasonic DMR-EX75 / EX85 FAQ by Colin Jones
In case anyone's interested I've compile a FAQ for the Panasonic DMR- EX75 and EX85 HDD/DVD recorders as there are quite a few questions that people seem to ask about them... http://www.seajays.org.uk/ex75faq/ Any errors, omissions, etc., please let me know on the site. Cheers, Colin.
February 20th 07 06:06 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
4 179
Standard TV Jack plug to SMA mini connector by madge
I bought one of the generic USB stick digi tv receivers that came with a ridiculously useless mini aerial that connects using the small SMA (?) type connector. Does anyone know of anyone selling an adapter that will convert from a male uhf jack to a male sma jack? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 07 03:47 PM
by Lurch Go to last post
11 597
Logik LP2250 (aka TVonics DVR250) Freeview PVR by Horovan
For those who might be interested there is a bargain going at Dixons On-Line ...they are offering the Logik LP2250 for 159.99 with delivery at 3.99.... http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/home That is 40 off their Christmas price of 199.99 Not as fully featured as some more expensive machines from Korea and elsewhere but a good build quality with a massive 250Gb HDD....and a superb Remote...
February 20th 07 02:48 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
5 555
British made Freeview box gets a 71% rating from Ricability by Horovan
http://www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk/ Ricability the independant consumer research organisation : "The Department for Trade and Industry have commissioned us to produce independent consumer test reports on digital TV products......" has tested the Logik LDR V2 Freeview box (sold by Currys and Dixons) and given it the high rating of 71%.
February 20th 07 01:28 PM
by Geo Go to last post
3 340
DVD Recorder-Work with Freeview? by Blair
Will I have to modify my DVD Recorder if I opt for Freeview or Sky? Blair
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 07 12:25 PM
by kim Go to last post
12 339
rf out question by [email protected]
I have recently downgraded my television equipment to a tv and digital satellite receiver. Will it be ok for me to connect the aerial lead to the aerial in on the satellite receiver and then send the aerial signal to the tv via the rf out. I use a scart connection aswell. I know this method of sending aerial signal is pointless as my vhs recorder is know longer part of the setup. What i want to...
February 19th 07 06:09 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
9 176
Does any Freeview PRV have an 'active EPG' by Steve
The Sky EPG seems to have the ability to change 'on the fly' if a programme overruns. Does any freeview PRV does this yet?
February 19th 07 04:13 PM
by DavidM Go to last post
7 243
Editing and burning TV programmes recorded on DVD-RW by divoch
I have bought my first DVD recorder, Panasonic DMR-EZ25EB and some DVD-RW discs. I made my first recording from TV but now wonder what best value software should I get for just removing extra bits at the start and end of the recordings and in future also cutting out commercial breaks. I would like something with a simple, user friendly interface and which can be used both to edit files...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 07 03:47 PM
by Adam Sampson Go to last post
27 1,431
Is TVDrive accessable over network by Bobby
Hi, I have a Telewest (Virgin Media) TVDrive and Blueyonder internet. I have four p/c's around the house networked via a switch and a cabled LAN, and all of these can access Blueyonder. Two of these p/c's have a DVD RW. Obviously I can see all of the p/c's on the network, but I wondered if there is anyway I can access the TVDrive on the network? The reason is that I do not have a stand alone DVD...
February 19th 07 03:35 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
1 103
Ricability Testing.....More independant Freeview STB and PVR testing for the DTI by Horovan
Here is the page that details the results of Ricability's testing of Freeview STBs and PVRs..... http://www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk/pages/test-reports/stbs_and_digital_tv_recorders/by-performance.htm Is it just me or do they not give quite the high rating to some products that they are awarded by the pundits of the digital TV websites and magazines?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 02:39 PM
by David Taylor Go to last post
11 309
unforgivable spam but have you signed it yet? by Bill Wright
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 18th 07 11:13 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
108 1,427
Splitting Aerial Lead by [email protected]
Dear All, I currently have an external roof mounted aerial. The lead goes straight to the living room on the ground floor and into my plasma. Both analogue and digital tuners in the plasma have good reception. I'm thinking about buying a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-500 Dual Freeview TV Tuner card for my PC, which lives in a room on the first floor. Currently there is no aerial feed to the "PC room"....
February 18th 07 07:38 PM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
4 213
Ofcom to consult on BSkyB's Freeview plans by Agamemnon
Ofcom to consult on BSkyB's Freeview plans Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:57 PM GMT LONDON (Reuters) - Media regulator Ofcom said on Friday it would open a consultation on the decision by pay-TV firm BSkyB (BSY.L: Quote, Profile , Research) to remove three of its channels from the popular digital platform Freeview. BSkyB said last week that it would remove from the service Sky News, Sky Sports News and...
February 18th 07 06:11 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
6 216
Aerial Leads by geffers
Curiosity, I live in a house where the TV aerial feed comes out of the wall via an aerial socket. I have recently fitted a loft distribution system (Proception) with new satellite cable to a bedroom TV but retained the old cable to the main downstairs TV as it runs behind the wall. I would like to renew this cable but am wondering if the cable can be pulled through similar to mains cable.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 05:22 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
12 264
Digital - PVR Recorders by Geoff Lane
I would like to purchase a PVR recorder, preferably I would like one that includes a digital tuner as these seem to represent good value. Does anyone know of models that allow recording of auxiliary devices such as a Sky box. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 04:21 PM
by Alan Go to last post
16 324
Rigger's Diary by Bill Wright
This old dear rung the management agent this morning to complain that we were putting adverts on the CCTV, and thus making money out of it. We had been advertising Tesco apparently. We were baffled, and I asked one of the more sane ones in the block if he had any idea what she was on about. He went round and had a chat with her, and it turned out that the advert appears most mornings at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 18th 07 01:02 PM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
38 672
Total Newbie Q: What can I get with this dish ? by [email protected]
Hi, I've moved into a house that appears to have no normal TV aerial, only a satellite dish. Rather than mess about paying for an aerial installation, I thought I'd see what I can get from the existing dish. I have no experience of satellite TV - my old TV was via NTL analogue cable. The dish feed seems to come into the house via two coax cables with F-type connectors. There is also a diy...
February 18th 07 10:09 AM
by Peter Go to last post
4 154
In line DC blocker? by Andy Wade
Bob Latham wrote: I expected the Philips box to be AC coupled on its aerial input but it measures 1Kohm dc resitance which means something would have 9mA running through it. Do dc blockers exists? If so where from? I suspect you might be worrying too much. 9 mA isn't going to hurt the amplifier, since that's about the same as the normal load current of an IR eye. Nor is 81 mW...
February 18th 07 09:09 AM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
1 194
Post New Thread