Post New Thread
hello you ? by Johnny B Good
The message from "C Borgwart" contains these words: Hello, Hi! how are you ?
March 29th 07 02:44 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
0 174
Sky Plus and Freeview by Geoff
I have a Sky+ box and use 'Skyfreesat', paying 10 a month for the privilege. My Sky connection is wired around the house to another 4 TVs. If I buy a Freeview box and install that as well as Sky+ will they both work together and will they both be transmitted to the other 4 TVs too? I wasn't sure if the cabling for Sky was different for cabling for Freeview. The reason I want Freeview too is...
March 29th 07 01:13 PM
by Geoff Go to last post
3 155
Philips - Latest DVD HD Recorder Functions by Geoff Lane
Re Philips DVDR7260H DVD/HD recorder incorporating DVB tuner. I'm a wee bit confused as to the capabilities of a very nice present purchased for my wife and I by a relative. The Philips box has an inbuilt freeview tuner but is also able to record from axillary devices such as Sky or video boxes (Subject to copying restrictions). The 100 page all English (No Arabic, Chinese, Urdu, Icelandic...
March 28th 07 10:56 PM
by DannyT Go to last post
3 225
Sky 'auto standby' to roll out from today by Ed
SKY is to introduce technology that automatically switches digital boxes to standby mode overnight - slashing energy bills by 7.5MILLION a year. The boxes will go to "sleep" after 11pm if they detect they have not been used for two hours. The technology will be transmitted to Sky HD boxes from today and to all Sky+ boxes from April - a total of more than two million. Sky said Auto Standby...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 28th 07 09:33 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
93 2,242
BBC Digital scheduling... by kim
Sat down to watch episode 2 of "Ideal" two minutes before the scheduled start and found it had already begun a full five minutes earlier than scheduled. That meant I missed the start and the teaser which comes before the opening titles in particular. Does the BBC expect me to sit through five minutes of a programme I have no interest in on the offchance the next one begins five minute early?...
March 28th 07 08:53 PM
by Lurch Go to last post
2 126
BST on DMR-EX75 by Richard Tobin
Where does the Panasonic DMR-EX75 get its time from? If I tell it to set the clock automatically, it's an hour slow - presumably the source hasn't gone forward for BST. -- Richard -- "Consideration shall be given to the need for as many as 32 characters in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.
March 28th 07 06:30 PM
by Darran Ames Go to last post
6 302
Progressive scan on Hi-Def by Jem
Hi guys, Sorry if this isn't the right group for this, but I have just bought a Samsung HD Ready LCD TV and noticed that my DVD recorder sends progressive scan. Being a hi-def tv I though it would handle it no probs. I installed a component cable, but the tv tells me that the mode is not supported. Samsung said that while the set will take progressive scan at 720p, a standard def signal...
March 28th 07 11:05 AM
by Jem Go to last post
7 177
Free HD Channels? by Chris Lewis
Are there any satellite channels that broadcast in HD that are not SKY?? If there are what would I need to receive them and what would it cost? Any links appreciated. Chris
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 07 09:43 AM
by Nigel Whitfield Go to last post
10 373
Channel 4, Channel 5 (five) suddenly missing from Amstrad Sky digibox by Lurch
On 27 Mar 2007 04:01:57 -0700, "" mused: At the end of Feb/start of March I noticed that Channel 4 and Channel 5 were suddenly missing from the channels list. We have an Amstrad (silver fascia) Sky digibox, I cancelled my Sky sub last year in December. I have removed the viewing card because I was told this was not required for the free channels. Prior to this...
March 28th 07 02:51 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
9 325
Aerial survey - quote advice by Ben
Hi - I had someone around to do a survey for a roof aerial today. He seemed knowledgeable and nice, but his quote seemed very high - I'm sure some of the quoted items don't cost that much, and the labour cost seemed quite steep. But I'm no expert - can someone tell me whether this is justified or not? 1x UNIX 52(A) High Gain 110 1x 10ft mast+fixings 42.50 12m CS100 digital coax ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 27th 07 10:56 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
28 533
Hard drive, recorder and media player by b8pu
I am looking for something that will allow me to watch avi's and listen to MP3s on tv, store files (as I'm running out of disk space on my laptop) and record programmes from the television (eg Freeview). So far I have found things that do two of the above (a media player harddrive like http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=99078) but I would have to buy a recorder separately like a...
March 27th 07 10:19 PM
by Ian Warren Go to last post
8 185
Web Based Land Profile Application by ChrisM
Not strictly on-topic, but seeing as you guys know a lot about aerial installation and so on... Anyone know of a good website which you give 2 sets of co-ordinates, and it shows you the profile of the land between the two... Just in case anyones interested, I'm looking to install a wireless link between two buildings, and want to assess viability of it... -- Regards,
March 27th 07 06:09 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
3 194
Have to get Freeview on VM? by skidz
How can I? I got freeview installed on HDTV but no access point in the house to any aerials on roof...they are not digital anywyays...what do I do to get freeview through my Telewest/VM box? Skidz -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 182 spam emails to date. Paying users do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 07 03:39 PM
by Resident Drunk Go to last post
12 279
Program to share tv with friend by Bengan
Hi! I have a tv tuner card, ASUS WDM TV/FM Tuner, with the program InterVideo Home Theater. Is there any program that can make you share your tv channels with a friend. I mena to stream a tv channel from my tv card to a friens pc. Regards /Bengan
March 27th 07 02:21 PM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
2 135
֧* by housetrained
"jllyz32248391350" wrote in message ... ֧* ֥ lv yazhi йʡƽ֥ҽ ʱࣺ136000 绰0434-3224839 ֻ13504343439 Ѫܵ/Źܣ*֧䣿
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 27th 07 01:13 PM
by jllyz32248391350 Go to last post
21 675
֧* by housetrained
Apparently all about the blood vessels of the brain, beautiful handwriting though. Your question exactly re uk.tech.digital-tv? -- John the West Ham fan "jllyz32248391350" wrote in message ...
March 27th 07 11:46 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
0 172
daewoo setpal dead? by bugbear
I think my freeview box just died. If I turn it off for a "long time" (say an hour), and then turn it on, I get the 2 power lights (1 red, 1 green) for around 10 seconds. Then they both go off. According to the manual, 1 light is "on"
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 27th 07 11:14 AM
by Dicko Go to last post
23 461
Humax 9200 by [email protected]
I have just come back from holiday and set a load of reservations for programmes. I have just had a look at all these and there seems to be one programme that has been recorded 10 times (that I recorded before I went away) and when I watch it - it's not the program that I set the reservation for..... And when I delete I get a conflict!!! Anybody know why? Why it didn't record? Is my Humax...
March 27th 07 11:12 AM
by Woby Tide Go to last post
3 154
MSF & DTT by David Quinton
is this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6483969.stm really true? "In addition, many home users have the relatively inexpensive receivers in appliances such as digital TV boxes. All receive the MSF 60 kHz signal, as it is known, currently transmitted from the Rugby Radio Station by BT under contract from NPL. " ? -- Locate your Mobile phone: http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 27th 07 11:04 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
29 1,057
Digital - PVR Recorders by Geoff Lane
Further to my post in February, the Philips DVDR7260H (new model I think) has an inbuilt DVB tuner and can record from axillary devices. Geoff Lane
March 27th 07 10:57 AM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
0 158
Post New Thread