Post New Thread
Panasonic TU-CT20 by Trebizond
Panasonic have a provisional booking for a new software download for the TU-CT20 of the early version of this box currently running DCB_1.15 on the Monday 5th February at 10.00am until Wednesday 7th February at 9.00am.This is DCB_1.19 The rest of that week is a repeat of DCB_A_1.19 for the later versions of the TU-CT20. http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl
February 5th 07 09:50 AM
by Horovan Go to last post
4 779
Sensitive DVB-T recording cards? by Ian Rawlings
Wotcher all. I've got a PVR box (MythTV) currently recording analogue TV as best as it can from the rotten signal I get here in Dorset. I can just about scrape a digital signal out of the brand-new digital installation I've had put in, although if they can't make it better than it is I'll be getting them to take it all away soon. In order to make it useful, I need to be able to get my PVR box...
February 5th 07 07:47 AM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
2 140
elementary electronics by Bill Wright
I have been asked by a young person if I have any books I can loan him that will help him gain a knowledge of elementary electronics. I have few such books, but then I thought of t'internet. Can anyone suggest a tutorial-type thing he could work his way through? What he needs to know, I think, is, in no particular order: -- what is AC and what is DC? -- batteries -- ohm's law -- how to work...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 4th 07 11:48 PM
by Keith W Go to last post
23 819
Sony LCD confusion by Mister Nobody
Could somebody please enlighten me on the distinction between these Sony 46" LCD models please? KDL46S2010U KDL46V2000U KDL46W2000U Apart from the fact that the latter supports 1080p (?just how necessary), it's not at all obvious. Thanks.
February 4th 07 10:31 PM
by Ian Rawlings Go to last post
3 156
New aerials on flats in Hemel Hempstead by Marky P
Went through Hemel in Herts today & noticed that most of the blocks of flats there had new aerial installations including a high gain aerial (pointing at CP), FM halos, DAB dipoles & SAt dishes! Every block scattered around the town had exactly the same install. They look to me like council/housing association dwellings, so they probably got them all done for a bulk price or something. Marky P.
February 4th 07 10:13 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
6 175
Parallel aerials OK or not? by Informer
We are having building work carried out so have scaffolding that is sitting between my house and the house next door. Last week I fitted a high gain aerial for my next door neighbour on the apex of his house using an 18 inch T&K bracket. This week I was hoping to do the same for me. The only issue is that both our aerials will be only inches apart as they will be side by side for much of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 07 10:13 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
14 424
Aerial broke in the storm but picture OK by Lobster
Just notice that the flat metal plate about 6" square which was formerly attached at right angles to the end of my cheapo Maxview roof aerial is now lying in the back garden; must have come down during the storms of a week or so back. So why haven't I noticed any apparent adverse effect on my (digital) picture then? What does it do? Thanks David
February 4th 07 06:16 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 160
Connecting to Sky digibox with Freeview DVD Recorder by [email protected]
Looking for some real basic assistance here with connecting up my Sony RDR HXD560 DVD Recorder. Have a TV, Sky Digibox, and the Sony. Have connected it all up as per the manual and it works fine, can see all the Freeview channels no problem. I also want to connect the Sky digibox into it but at the moment cannot seem to get the Sony recorder to 'see' it. Does the Freeview tuner conflict with the...
3 516
coverage area of a 7w TV transmitter by Marky P
What sort of area would a tx of such a low power as 7w expect to cover. Would a mile away l.o.s. be possible? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 07 10:53 PM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
18 359
Freecom USB DVB-T - Rubbish by Clive
The existing reviews for this device seem to be divided between, excellent and rubbish for this product. My experience indicates rubbish. I ignored the small aerial and went for an external aerial that supplies existing Freeview box to TV. Scanning by TotalMedia software was slow but 40-odd stations were found and stored. Good.
February 3rd 07 07:42 PM
by Tate and Lyle Go to last post
8 285
When will all of Derbyshire get freeview coverage by Doug Weller
Next week I'll be living just a mile from J28 of the M1, when will that area get Freeview? Next year when the new DAB radio station starts, or? Thanks Doug -- Doug Weller -- A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk Amun - co-owner/co-moderator http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Amun/
February 3rd 07 05:46 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 256
DIY HDTV Aerial? by MatC
Yes I know it's American, but I thought some of you guys might be interested in this. http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9613&st=0 They seem to be making their own aerials for HDTV reception... Mat
February 3rd 07 03:57 PM
by Ian Jackson Go to last post
4 344
Digihome PVR80 loosing channels by REDSKINS
Hello all.. I purchased a Digihome PVR80 for my parents for xmas, they seme pretty pleased with it however it has started to loose some channels. now the position they live in when I tuned the box in they were picking up channels from Belmont, Rmley moor and some from Bilsdale. the aerial points at Emley moor. now what happens is it is finding the Belmont channels first which are lower...
February 2nd 07 10:04 PM
by REDSKINS Go to last post
0 340
Innit quiet here. by Marky P
Not much activity today. Where's Bill buggered off to? Marky P. PS: Anyone got a mattermate?
February 2nd 07 12:53 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
8 256
ITV Play - Present goes on about her pants by
Anyone got a link to the clip?
February 2nd 07 04:51 AM
by Go to last post
8 169
Want bracket, mast & cable cheap by Marky P
I'm looking for the cheapest deal on a 12" cradle bracket, lashing kit, 6`x2" mast & 15m CT100. Best price so far is 36.30 inc p&p from TLC. Are there any better deals? Cheers, Marky P.
February 2nd 07 01:30 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
1 188
Phew, my DAT75 survived the storms! Picture content by Rob Horton
Despite all of my fears, my DAT 75 installation survived the storms.I will be getting it inspected on Friday to find out where the strange banging noise was coming from. Could have been the FM folded dipole hitting the ridge tiles. I think one of the bolts on the T bracket is pulling out. Installation http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/366984785_6ac9be4d1b.jpg Close up of brackets
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 2nd 07 01:14 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
30 900
Reception suddenly died by DazP
Any advice would be great on this problem before I call out an engineer. We have enjoyed a great near perfect reception despite being on a fringe area for over 5 years but our reception (analogue and digital) has suddenly died, nothing. Because I don't have any test equipment I thought I'd replace the 2 main components ie - the masthead amp and the 4 way signal booster/splitter but still makes...
February 1st 07 10:32 PM
by DazP Go to last post
7 256
NTL TV by GTAUK
Hi All I currently subscribe to NTL cable internet (4mb). Does anyone know if the TV feed would be therefore be active? So if i was to get a second hand NTL box would I be able to watch the free channels through NTL? I get quite poor TV reception on my indoor aerial and wondered if there was an alternative without having to pay a monthy sub. Thanks in advance
February 1st 07 08:13 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
7 204
Got a Humax 9200 - EPG only showing next 3 days though by Mikey_Jax
Hi there I've just bought a Humax 9200T as my freeview receiver - did have a Panasonic but missed the dual tuners I used to have with Sky+! I've noticed a delay with the EPG being filled up - this I knew about looking at the various forums out there - but I am only getting 3 days in advance on the EPG. Anyone else with a Humax found this - if so any tips on how to get the 7 days?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 31st 07 05:53 PM
by MJ Ray Go to last post
11 376