Post New Thread
OT(ish) VESA mounts by David[_13_]
We fairly recently replace a 32" HD Ready flat screen TV with a 42" Full HD flat screen TV. The 32" TV is pretty heavy - grunt when you pick it up to move it. The 42" TV feels ridiculously light - it feels light as a feather. On the back, the 32" TV has a VESAO 100 mounting. On the back, the 42" TV has a VESA 200 mounting.
May 20th 15 08:08 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 233
Missing Arise News by Pinnerite[_2_]
I can get Arise News on channel 136 from Crystal Palace on my smart TV but it doesn't show up on my computer. I have a two-channel DVB-T tuner driving Kaffeine. Scanning the spectrum with w_scan -X -c GB channels.conf and searched the resultant cahannel.conf. Arise doesn't show. According to the Multiplex listings, Arise News is on channel 136 on Multiplex COM7 - ARQC - Arqiva C so why...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 19th 15 10:18 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
10 385
Britain's Greatest Pilot BBC4 by Phi
The program broadcast at 3am on Wednesday morning was stopped abruptly after 53mins 13secs of airtime, leaving 5mins 46secs of program remaining. It was as if someone said, let's go home now and pulled the plug. I went back to an earlier repeat and watched the end at 58mins 59secs.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 19th 15 02:25 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
23 564
Technics TV - Auto-Tuning by Alaric
I visited a friend recently who told me that even when he had retuned his set it reverted to the earlier settings. I then watched the set being retuned automatically. It showed 5 USA on Channel 21 and the new Spike on Channel 31 as should be the case. However, when he switched the set off then restarted it Channel 21 showed VIVA and Channel 31 showed 5 USA. Has anyone any idea what is going...
May 17th 15 08:49 AM
by Alaric Go to last post
4 392
Aldi DAB radio fir 29.99 by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
On Tue, 12 May 2015 11:41:40 +0200, Martin wrote: On Mon, 11 May 2015 13:43:50 +0100 Jim Lesurf wrote: IMHO This is a serious gap in the established consumer law. Expect similar problems to occur in future. The plain reality is that a 'net radio' consumer item is *NOT* the same as a traditional broadcast radio. People I think the...
May 13th 15 09:45 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
2 869
Updates to TV? by Mr Pounder Esquire
I watch very little TV so please excuse my question if it is silly. The other day Mrs Pounder turned the telly on and there was a message on the screen. Something like "Updating software, please wait". After waiting another message saying "Update failed, no USB" connected". I *think* the Sky box was turned on. The TV aerial is not plugged into the set as some idiot shortened the length....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 10th 15 04:22 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
10 419
Does anyone remember...... by [email protected]
Dave Tilley who used to frequent thus ng around 10 years ago and used to publish his home address on his posts which was somewhere in Tiverton, Devon. He also made references to the hemlock society. Anyone know what happened to him? His post could be sarcastic and I imagine that did rub people up the wrong way...... S.
May 7th 15 10:25 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 269
This smart tv stick for non smart tvs by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I hear it advertised, only 35 quid blah blah, but very little on which sets and actually what it can do. It occurred to me that if it is in effect an internet device, then I wondered if some bright person could putt talking software on a plug in chip for the most common tvs menus? This is what a lot of people need these days I feel. Still soon I suppose we will be all communicating with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 7th 15 10:17 AM
by Davey Go to last post
30 499
W10: One Drive and Cortana by Geoff Pearson
Is anyone likely to use Cortana - I have voice dialling on my phone but I've never found a use for it, even in the car? Likewise, OneDrive - so you don't have your files on your PC - you just hope they will come back. I have thousands of documents - better on my HDD that of in a cloud.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 15 11:09 AM
by Alan White[_2_] Go to last post
13 895
Software glitches? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I've noticed just recently that users of the old smart talk set top box have been reporting that some stations say no signal please check your Arial. After an unplug and a reconnection of the power supply things return to normal. Has there been any kind of changes in, say, the last month or so to freeview generally that might be confusing boxes. Another strange one is that some stations seem...
May 3rd 15 11:09 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
2 304
For Bill the BBC and UKIP by David[_9_]
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/arrogant-biased-and-bad-value-for-money--its-time-for-a-radical-shakeup-of-the-bbc-10216598.html Regards David
May 2nd 15 08:45 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 265
The Avengers by Andy Burns[_9_]
Mark Carver wrote: BBC 2 recently repeated the sit-com, To The Manor Born. One episode was completely removed from the run, because (it is presumed) there was a short sequence shot outside a railway station, and on the wall was a poster of Mr Savile in one of those 'Age of the Train' ads. Various programmes manage to blur out company names on clothing and the contents of TV sets that...
May 1st 15 06:41 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
2 328
Transmission signal by Davey
I'm not sure what it's officially called, but the signal that is sent by the broadcaster to indicate that a programme is being transmitted is really badly served by Drama. Last night, I had the PVR set up to record Inspector Alleyn, and I watched as the opening sequence, the programme title, the listed main actors, and the Episode title were all transmitted before the PVR eventually received the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 15 11:37 PM
by Davey Go to last post
10 275
What is CBS up to. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I caught the end of a message just after a program on another cbs channel which just said, cbs reality is moving to a new home on ch 135. Not a lot of help as it said nothing about which platform they were talking about. Presumably not Freeview as that is the RT channel. Slapdash and stupid Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
April 30th 15 07:46 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
4 295
NEWSFLASH: Two new channels on Mux 8! by Stephen[_6_]
Hi, further to Bill Wrights post informing that Mux 8 had launched from Winter Hill but there were no channels as it was blank carriers..... I can confirm that Mux 8 is now broadcasting two HD channels from some transmitters...... I can recieve Oxford and Sandy Heath here.... No Mux 8 from Oxford yet but there is two new channels on Mux 8 from Sandy Heath all in glorious HD......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 15 06:12 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
14 398
Freesat change? by Richard Tobin
My Panasonic TV has a software update. The description of the update is "Prepare Freesat broadcast change". Does anyone know what this refers to? -- Richard
April 29th 15 10:09 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 448
Ummah Channel, sky 820. by David[_9_]
Is this station FTA? If someone can give me frequency etc. I would like to tune it on Others on my Freesat TV for a particular programme. PS Do not worry I'm not joining them :-) just that someone I know, non-muslim of is on. Regards David
April 28th 15 01:55 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
2 481
Disposable work gloves by Roger Mills[_2_]
Apologies if I'm suffering from brain fart, but I feel sure that someone in one or other of these NGs recently mentioned having bought some disposable (single use) gloves which were tough enough not to split at the slightest provocation and also textured to provide good grip - but I can't find the relevant post. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I need some which won't...
April 27th 15 01:19 PM
by Capitol Go to last post
9 301
Yodelling audio? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I watched, well listened to CSI on ch 5 last night, and several times in it I heard what sounded like a yodelling effect as if the audio was being fed throgh one of those pitch altering boxes, a bit like Brian the robot. Not really an issue, but when it happened I had to restart the audio description as it fell out of synch and started ducking the sound but no talking. Is there more of a...
April 27th 15 08:47 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
5 203
Local DAB vs distant DAB reception..... by [email protected]
Hi, I find if I put up a omnidirectional DAB dipole, I can get 3 local ensembles, Oxford, Northants and HBB on chs 10B, 10C and 10D as well as the national BBC and digital 1 ensembles at 11D and 12B. Unsurprisingly the more distant ensembles do not come in. If I put up a directional high gain DAB yagi aerial pointed towards London, I can get CE digital On 12C, Switch digital on 12A and DRG...
April 25th 15 01:04 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 268
Post New Thread