Post New Thread
Low bitrate Labour! by Bill Wright[_2_]
What on earth is wrong with the video quality from the Labour conference? I'm watching Mr Corbyn and on both BBC1 SD and Sky News SD the quality is shocking, really poor very low bitrate stuff. On BBC HD News it's significantly better but still not very good. The strap across the bottom is as clear as normal, but the actual picture keeps freezing momentarily, blurring, etc. How can this be?
September 29th 15 10:10 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
8 263
Battle of Britain Flight by Davey
I wanted to watch the event today, and BBC1 told me this morning that it would be shown on Red Button. The start was delayed by rain, but it did start, and BBC News was covering it as the 'planes were taking off from Goodwood. But then Jeremy Corbin arrived at the TUC, and the celebration of our Wartime heroes was summarily shut off so that he could be shown. And I never found it on the Red...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 29th 15 02:13 PM
by Davey Go to last post
118 1,062
Maps.me weird happening by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was sitting in a quiet and rather posh cafeteria when my phone dinged 23 times. It had received (or generated?) 23 'notifications' from maps.me. They appeared to be all the same message but in different languages. I mentioned this to my son and he'd had the same thing. Anyone else had this? What goes on? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 15 04:04 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
13 317
Danger Mouse by Brian-Gaff
I see the Kiddies channel of the beeb are plugging this, so I wondered if the semi adult humour was going to be in the new series, or whther its just been made Child specific. No it was not of course rude, but some of the puns and jokes were quite sophisticated back in the day. One of the voices of the original is dead, and the other too old methinks, so lets hope the new voices are not...
September 27th 15 01:53 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
1 202
Buzz words wind me up. by Brian-Gaff
Here are a few of them,which sadly certain people use a lot in interviews ont' telly. We have to consult our STAKEHOLDERS and then LEVERAGE their views into an OVERARCHING policy which defines our MISSION STATEMENT. So you're going to ask the customer what they want and then use it to plug your company. I do hope it increases your FOOTFALL and MARKET PENETRATION Grumble. Brian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 25th 15 02:11 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
192 1,281
Mendip by James H[_2_]
For the last few weeks the signal from Mendip has been awful. I thought it was my aerial and promised to fix it 'one day'. At its worst the signal drops to around S4 by the sets meter. The aerial is in the loft and has worked fine up until the last few weeks when all of this constant retuning has taken place. Today while out there was a tv to keep customers amused in a local waiting room and...
September 25th 15 11:11 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
9 235
Freeview 131 BBC Parlement by David[_9_]
Emley Moor no sound. Regards David
September 24th 15 05:13 PM
by Jimbo /p Go to last post
8 304
slow computer update by Gary[_4_]
Hi Some time ago I was asking about trying to get space and speeding up my ageing computer. It was suggested that ssd would be the way to go. I have now fitted a 2TB Seagate sshd hybrid disk. I also had to fit a SATA3 port and I can tell you guys it is good, The speed is soooo much better. The boot time is now 2 min saving around 3 min and the performance on the programs is also smoother...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 23rd 15 02:17 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
37 567
First 8K TV screen to go on sale by Java Jive[_2_]
Yawn! Can someone please supply me with downloadable HD 1080p instead? Or even HD 720p that doesn't break up into squares when anything detailed is shown? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34267265 -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 22nd 15 06:48 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
28 370
depth of field in Downton Abbey by Bill Wright[_2_]
Just been watching it, on and off. Even in shots where the two characters are almost equidistant from the camera one or the other is significantly out of focus. It seems rather odd. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 22nd 15 05:41 PM
by NY Go to last post
12 333
Securing TV bracket bolts though cheese by Adrian Caspersz
It's a 30kg television that I'm at pains to mount properly with 10mm anchor bolts into a solid brick wall, except there is 40mm Kingspan foam insulation and finished plasterboard sandwiched between. I'm looking for some cheap / easy to deploy (read circular) solid spacer material as I'm not keen on putting force on the plasterboard / foam combo and risking it cracking. The TV screen will be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 22nd 15 12:30 PM
by newshound[_3_] Go to last post
20 559
Rejuvinating remote controls. by Brian-Gaff
Some time ago I spoke about the old set top boxes given to blind people on digital switchover losing their use due to multiple buttons on their remotes stopping working. it seems that not many so called replacements of the learning kind will work either, so I gave a dud one to a friend who is good at fixing stuff. It is now working again, and the reason? The top mat with the buttons on it...
September 22nd 15 12:14 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 153
Can Humax make a bug free set top box? by [email protected]
Or at least one without a major show stopper in it? Has an HDR 2000T for a few months and already the damn thing has developed a fault whereby if you leave it in pause mode for around an hour then come back and unpause it you'll find you have no sound. At all. The only solution is a hard reset by pulling the plug! Thats on top of the mystery of the missing hard drive bug that also requires a hard...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 21st 15 03:36 PM
by Ian Go to last post
39 625
Why is it... by Graham.[_5_]
....that with every successive TV I own, the volume control graphic becomes larger and more intrusive. It now looks like the "roof appeal" barometer on the side of a church. Does anyone, other than those with hearing loss, find this remotely useful? (See what I did there?) Couldn't there be a menu option to turn it off?
September 19th 15 06:09 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
3 189
Rugby "atmosphere" sound by Andy Burns[_9_]
Are they using some sort of wide stereo effect? I'm watching/listening on internal speakers of a smallish Samsung set, without any "fancy" audio features turned on, stray crowd sounds keep appearing to come a different corner of the room to the set, almost like a kid going by on roller-skates outdoors, quite disjoint from the main audio.
September 19th 15 01:32 PM
by Andy Burns[_9_] Go to last post
0 207
Somehow, the term UHD reminds me of something elseentirely.... by Brian-Gaff
September 11, 2015 RELEASE 15-183 NASA, Harmonic Launch First Non-Commercial UHD Channel in North America NASA is partnering with Harmonic, a worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure, to launch NASA TV UHD, the first ever non-commercial consumer ultra-high definition (UHD) channel in North America. The partnership is the
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 15 07:54 AM
by Jimbo /p Go to last post
12 381
4k TV on Freesat or Freeview? by Michael Chare[_5_]
4K TVs are becoming available and more reasonable prices and there are some 4k internet streaming channels. So when, if ever, will any of the Freesat or Freeview channels convert to 4K? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 11:04 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
156 5,501
Last night of the proms - HD sound out of sync by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just watching the Last Night of the Proms. Lip sync is definitely out on BBC1HD, but ok on SD. Sound slightly leads video. This is with a Panasonic PVR DMR-HWT130. Anyone else notice this? -- Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 04:38 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
38 1,185
Horizon disappointing by Brian-Gaff
Last night there was supposed to be a Horizon talking about the universes dark ages and all that stuff. The actual content could have been dealt with in about 15 minutes. Instead it rambled on for almost an hour going over the same stuff apparently with some arty farty pointless animations and lots of choral singing and people who sounded like they were talking down drainpipes. What a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 04:32 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
35 603