Post New Thread
Weeping for long-gone days by Graham.[_5_]
On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 11:30:33 +0100, FredCarnot wrote: On 11/08/2015 17:38, Graham. wrote: On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:29:13 +0100, "Woody" wrote: An Aussie one. "The Terrific Adventures of the Terrible Ten".
August 21st 15 01:18 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
0 107
Will the BBC stick with flash ? by Phi
The end of Flash's ubiquity on the web appears nigh. After Apple's anti-Flash stance on iOS extended to Android and YouTube dumped Flash for HTML5, Flash's fate for web video was pretty much sealed. Web advertising, however, was an area Flash still dominated, at least for desktops. Now Amazon has made the first move in what may become a trend for advertising platforms.The company says it...
August 21st 15 09:10 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
1 342
Cilla by Brian-Gaff
You folk do realise that with the sudden death of cilla Black yesterday in spain, the schedules will soon be full of tributes and old archive footage? I have no problem with that,as from my standpoint she was and still was a breath of fresh air compared to some so called tv presenters and singers. At least she did not take herself as seriously as certain of the current crop do. Brian --...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 21st 15 12:14 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 380
Look North Leeds bias by Paul Ratcliffe
On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:09:08 +0100, Woody wrote: My daughter has a PhD and is a senior lecturer at one of the countries most popular universites. He husband does the Intranet for one of the mobile SPs. Neither of them even had the idea to RTFM!! What a pair of f'ing idiots. I blame the parents. You should all be collectively ashamed of...
August 20th 15 01:11 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
0 112
Lurking in the gents by Phi
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... Brian-Gaff wrote: Are you suggesting that its a viewing port of some kind? Brian I'm not suggesting anything. I'm leaving that to you. Bill
August 19th 15 07:44 PM
by Phi Go to last post
0 179
The BBC still at it by Bill Wright[_2_]
When a white person attacks a black person the BBC infallibly mentions the race of both parties. "White policeman shoots black teenager!" But the other way round, or when it's black on black or brown on black, or whatever? "Black teacher stabbed in racist attack" The assailant was a Pakistani but the BBC didn't mention that fact. Bill
August 19th 15 02:58 PM
by charles Go to last post
8 315
Why is it ? by madge
Why is it after all these years I am still having to explain to people that they're only paying for all the repeats on the BBC channels and they're getting all the other channels repeats for free? Duh! -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices |
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 18th 15 11:30 AM
by Another John Go to last post
26 704
Pigeon wars in London.. by Brian-Gaff
Now although these creatures are but one of than avian aerial wreckers, I have noted recently that some unknown creature seems to have moved in locally and is dispensing with them at a very high rate of attrition. I do not know what it is, but I find the remains of them, feathers, bones and bits of heads and legs nearly every day now on the lawns. I guess it could be a bird of prey, but if...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 15 12:43 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
11 359
And another thing. by Brian-Gaff
BBC podcast suddenly had its subscription address altered so it would not download and in fact deleted all the pointers to already downloaded files. I speak of In Touch, but I'm sure they have done this to others as well. Why can't they leave something alone when its working? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
August 14th 15 10:23 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
4 331
Advice on next TV by [email protected]
I've just upgraded from Sky+ to Sky+ HD and installed the new box today. Everything appears to work OK apart from one all important thing: the volume buttons on the remote. I cannot change volume or mute the sound. The only way to do so is using the *old* remote. After an hour's googling I've still found no solution. Many seem to suffer a similar problem and the most frequent suggestion made...
August 13th 15 09:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 585
North American TV aerials. by [email protected]
you know, them ones that look like a vertical stack of bowties... Are they better or worse than the type we tend to use?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 12th 15 07:40 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
21 765
Weeping for long-gone days by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Graham. wrote: When I think of all the Slim Jim varients I built without realising. F.C. Judd G2BCX You've just made me think of Ted Rule - G3FEW IIRC. :-) Jim
August 11th 15 10:43 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
0 217
Emley Moor from 57 miles away by Bill Wright[_2_]
These pictures were taken from Garrowby Hill on the A164. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Emley%20from%2057%20miles%20away%201.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Emley%20from%2057%20miles%20away%202.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 15 12:06 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
15 462
Question on digital radio "information" data by Another John
We were listening to the lovely, divine Liza Tarbuck just now on Radio 2 and were having a moan about how the DAB wasn't displaying track information -- it was simply telling us who was on, and how she would brighten our evening. I went to the kitchen to do the washing up and switched on the DAB the *that* was displaying tracks information. Is this a function of reception quality, or do...
August 9th 15 11:48 AM
by The Other John[_2_] Go to last post
5 316
Press Red up all the time on BBC1 during News - Wednesday by Dickie mint[_2_]
Last night noticed the "Press red" up top right on screen on BBC1 DSAT during news at 1800. Seemed to eliminate BBC1, as OK at 1900 on BBC1HD and BBC1WM. Appeared again at 200 News on both BBC1HD and BBC1WM DSAT. So seems to be when News is switched to BBC1. Anyone else suffer this? Was out during 1300 News,today, so can't comment. Will be looking out for it at 1800! Richard
August 6th 15 07:45 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
4 302
Look North Leeds bias by Yellow[_2_]
In article , says... In article , Mark Carver scribeth thus On 01/08/2015 12:30, Yellow wrote: Kids! Get a degree in Engineering or a science or a profession. Yes, they are hard but you will get a well paid job! Problem is, unless you're interested in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 6th 15 10:35 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
21 409
Out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship by Phi
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are reuniting to create an all-new car show, exclusively for Amazon Prime. The show will be produced by the trio's long time executive producer Andy Wilman. On working with Amazon, Jeremy Clarkson said "I feel like I've climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship." The first show will go into production shortly and arrive exclusively on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 2nd 15 10:58 PM
by Davey Go to last post
26 525
That's Manchester by Graham.[_5_]
I just noticed that a lady I know is a guest on "Late Night Live" presumably a repeat from yesterday or Friday, I can't tell, the website doesn't even carry a programme schedule. Anyway, I pressed REC on the PVR and it said there wasn't enough room, which I thought was odd. Yes its an old Vestel with a small hard drive by modern standards, but I had recently purged it of unwanted programme. So...
August 2nd 15 05:44 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
1 385
OT. Qu. to those using Windows 10 by David[_9_]
I use Windows Live Mail for getting my Mail from the GMail servers and also NewsGroups. Qu can you confirm these will run on Windows 10? Does Windows 10 have a new program for doing Mail and does it do NGs? ( I see they have a new Internet Browser Edge.) Thanks David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 2nd 15 11:22 AM
by Koopa Go to last post
21 569
Letter to Look North by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Bill Wright wrote: Rod Speed wrote: Presenters read a script. They can't when they are interviewing 'guests' Course they can. The whole thing is discussed in advance. "I'll ask this, then you say that. . ."
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 15 10:50 AM
by Rod Speed Go to last post
19 275