Post New Thread
Local radio on Freeview is it better than DAB? by David[_9_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item47 How is quality please? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 5th 15 05:27 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 383
So Tory supermarket. by Ian Field
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205695138039728
March 3rd 15 08:37 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
9 557
wave-particle duality and TV reception by Bill Wright[_2_]
The whole science of RF seems to be based on wave theory. Does particle theory have any place? Discuss. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 3rd 15 10:56 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
123 1,656
World at War First shown: 2.05pm 17 Feb 2009...? by Phi
The World at War (1973-74) is a 26-episode British television documentary series chronicling the events of the Second World War. At the time of its completion in 1973 it was the most expensive series ever made, costing 900,000. It was produced by Jeremy Isaacs, was narrated by Laurence Olivier, and includes a score composed by Carl Davis. A book, The World at War, was written by Mark...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 1st 15 10:01 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
19 225
I player by Brian Gaff[_2_]
If they keep on mucking up the radio and tv I players for blind use and using really awful audio burbling low bit rate stuff on the radio one, they will not be lasting much longer. Its their arrogance that really ****es me off. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
February 27th 15 08:59 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
8 237
The news by Bill Wright[_2_]
The big stories tonight are (1) Jack Straw (2) the Muslim video threatening to bomb shopping centres. The BBC isn't interested in either and leads with the week-old non-story about the girls who've gone to join the terrorists. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 15 08:42 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
46 715
Newsnight Typo by Ian
In last night's Newsnight item on Rifkind/Straw, they used a graphic showing a notepad with the text sliding in from the right in red upper-case, as they went through the MP's rules. https://www.dropbox.com/s/06yj6vd5c1m165e/BBC%20Typo.JPG?dl=0 -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 15 02:30 AM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
32 402
How we got to now by Dave Saville[_4_]
I only spotted this series last Saturday - which was part 2. Part 2 is on iplayer and says it will be available for 29 days. Assuming part 1 is the same, why can't I find it? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 15 09:33 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
87 568
Connecting Radiolight LR/HA Neckloop System to my hearing aids loop. by Mick IOW
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to hear my TV through my hearing aids. My television is a SAMSUNG UE40D5520 40" Full HD LED TV, it has a Headphone socket and a Digital audio out Optical connections, that I would like to connect to a Radio light LR/HA Neck loop System (Radio Light LR 11 Set) but the Radio Light has only a Red and White Phono type connectors.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 15 03:44 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
12 344
Bizarre reception problem - any ideas? by Scott[_2_]
I have discovered that I lose BBC News HD and the other COM7 stations when the Blu-ray player is switched on. The TV shows 'No signal'. Other HD channels are unaffected. When the Blu-ray player is switched off signal strength is about 96% and quality 100% so this is not a case of marginal reception. Can a Blu-ray player interfere with TV reception?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 15 03:38 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
48 517
just this minute on the telly by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Granada Reports "The lock holds a quarter of a megalitre of water. That's about two hundred and fifty thousand litres." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
42 466
Sheffield Live by Bill Wright[_2_]
Are still playing adverts in audio only, with their static logo on screen for the duration. This isn't television as we know it. Do they not realise that people will reach for the remote? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 15 11:56 AM
by Ian Go to last post
14 277
just this minute (2) by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Look North the girl doing the OB about sheep has her mike under her scarf so the sound is muffled. Bill
February 23rd 15 11:46 AM
by Ian Go to last post
4 198
Not more retuning. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I noticed yesterday that ch 70 said it was moving to 64 today, are there any other changes afoot. I also noted last night on dab which has some stations wi hich are quite week sometimes that there is one which has a recording on it saying that some people in some places will loose bbc northampton, but will get three counties and there will be other changes on the commercial stations as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 22nd 15 08:27 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
33 447
TV Reminders by Norman Wells[_6_]
If you are a subscriber to Sky, which I'm not, it seems you can sign up to receive an email reminder whenever a certain film or programme is coming up on TV. That sort of thing would be useful to me, particularly as regards films that only come round once in a while which are easy to miss in weekly listings. Does anyone know of a similar free service covering Freeview channels, or have any...
8 366
Bizarre News sound quality by Davey
Just watched BBC News on Ch. 130, and both the report from Moscow and another one from somewhere else had such a high background noise level that the reporter could not be heard. Why do they transmit items like this? The Moscow one was obviously recorded, as the subtitles were in step with the reporter's mouth. -- Davey.
February 21st 15 10:40 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
3 136
Sound hole in sponsers message. by Ashley Booth[_2_]
Using a Sky+HD box. After the end of part 1 etc the sponsers message comes up, after a second or so the sound goes off for about half a second. Happens with many programmes on ITV1. (Midsummer Murders etc) -- Ashley
February 21st 15 09:30 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 195
Just seen on subtitles for the deaf by Davey
On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:11:04 +0000 Bill Wright wrote: "...at a pressure of £40,000 per square inch." Bill There was a good one during the BBC News last week: Spoken: Culture (as in modern, etc).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 15 09:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
14 166
Idea by Bill Wright[_2_]
Since there isn't room for a loudspeaker on the front of many modern TV sets, maybe we should turn the set to face the wall and watch via a mirror . . . Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 20th 15 03:37 PM
by christopher_robin Go to last post
25 398
4G Test - Old Thread Revival by Java Jive[_2_]
Jim Lesurf wrote: as well as knowing a decent model for the loss between points. Java Jive wrote: Rather as "No one is ever going to get sacked for buying a Laserjet printer", "No one is ever going to get sacked for doing a Longley-Rice" - perhaps Tony or Nemo will disagree, in which case I bow to their greater experience, but Longley-Rice, or a derivative or...
February 18th 15 11:02 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
8 446
Post New Thread