Post New Thread
Widescreen or not? by mike bishop
I know some DVDs are in widescreen format, but what else is? Does FreeView (in the UK) broadcast in widescreen format? If so, does that apply to all channels, or only some? Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 17th 07 06:42 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
80 2,469
BB8 - Freeview live feed? by Mary
Will we get a BB8 live feed on Freeview this year? I hope so, otherwise there's no point watching...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 17th 07 02:39 PM
by AC Go to last post
32 1,264
Freeview with HDMI /DVI out? by Ron Lowe
Hi, all. All my freeview boxes are philips cheapies, and work OK. I'm using SCART RGB to my old TVs. I don't have a freeview PVR (yet ). Do any freeview boxes / pvrs output HDMI / DVI for connection to displays which don't have SCART/ RGB? Yes, I know the freeview box will not deliver high def!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 07 01:15 PM
by Roger R Go to last post
11 1,657
Virgin Media Box - ITV worse than usual by Dr Hfuhruhurr
Hi all, I've just had (last week) my phone & broadband upgraded to phone, broadband & tv for an extra quid a month. Since then though the ITV (1-4) C4, Film4 and a few others has been very, very pixellated, sound breaking up and basically impossible to watch (hence the worse than usual). Got fobbed off a few times by their help desk,"Oh there are some local issues with ITV" "Give the box a couple...
May 17th 07 12:45 PM
by Dr Hfuhruhurr Go to last post
0 144
Buying an LCD in Germany or bringing one over from the UK by [email protected]
I've just moved to Germany and am looking to buy a new LCD TV, probably with a DVB-T tuner built in. Will there be any problems bring it back to good ol' blighty? Similarly, there's some pretty good bargains in the Uk (http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/ 739566) ... would there be any problems bringing it here to Germany? I assumed that DVB-T in the UK is the same as Germany, but before...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 16th 07 07:02 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
10 434
Mixing S-VHS and SCART cables and device switching by Stone Free
Originally I had a TV with one SCART input and all devices where connected together with SCART cables. I had a Video with two SCART input/outputs, a DVD player with a single SCART and a digibox with the standard two SCART sockets. Connected as follows: DVD SCART-VCR AV2 VCR AV1DIGI VCR input DIGI TV output-TV.
May 16th 07 05:19 PM
by Stone Free Go to last post
4 345
Digital switchover HD plans by DAB sounds worse than FM
When the analogue signal has been switched off in a given region, e.g. Border will be the first, will that region then have the full 6 x 24 Mbps = 144 Mbps of capacity to use so that the regions that switchover first will get for example the BBC HD channel before the other regions? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 16th 07 03:11 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
40 667
digibox remote control by FCS
Hello, Some of you may know me from the Sir Patrick Moore thread I just chimed in on. Otherwise hello, it's my first time in a uk.tech.* group and I have a question I'd like a down-to-earth answer to regarding something that happened earlier this evening. I bought a digibox as a present for someone a couple of years ago now. They moved somewhere else where
May 16th 07 01:22 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
9 206
Long lashing wire - where to buy? by GD
Hi, I just got a large lashing kit from TLC (http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/ Products/MXLK13G.html) however I now realise the 5m of lashing wire isn't quite long enough. Any idea where I can buy just the lashing wire from? Cheers Dan
May 16th 07 10:33 AM
by GD Go to last post
0 134
PC to 32" LCD TV via S-Video, Quality Poor by Jane T
I have connected a s-video cable from my graphics card to a 32" LCD TV and the quality is poor. Its not so much the pictures and videos but the internet websites. When I access them the font is small and unreadable, I can manually increase the font (on every page) but this does not always work and often makes the websites look daft. When I change the appearance of the windows layout to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 16th 07 10:25 AM
by Resident Drunk Go to last post
10 463
Patrick Moore blames women for falling BBC standards, and he's right! by Agamemnon
Patrick Moore blames women for falling BBC standards Tue May 8, 2007 1:59PM BST LONDON (Reuters) - Veteran astronomer Sir Patrick Moore has blamed women bosses at the BBC for ruining television with a galaxy of lifestyle shows he says should be consigned to the nearest black hole. "The trouble is that the BBC now is run by women and it shows: soap operas, cooking, quizzes, kitchen-sink...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 15th 07 11:08 PM
by Bazza Go to last post
134 2,008
Good AV senders by Ken
I am looking for one of these to replace my old single input model. I am hoping the new ones will perform better and to get one with two inputs option. Any help would be good. Ken
May 15th 07 08:20 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
4 236
SOT - website evidence by Doctor D
If Bill wasn't missing in action he'd have a field day here http://www.satellitetvsolutions.co.uk/store/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=6 Some real gems especially in the pictures 6 and 7 down. A circular FM all-rounder, horizontally polarized DAB array, three arrays and a Sky dish on the same mast with tiny wall bracket and no sign of earth bonding on the multi switch system lower down. Pity...
May 15th 07 07:38 PM
by Peter Hayes Go to last post
5 195
Scart Switcher, best way to get audio to Hi-Fi by Jane T
I'm considering purchasing a scart switcher, to be exact this one http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/478/joytech-av-control-center-4-way-switching-box-silver/display.html It has four inputs and one output. Of the four inputs each has a connector for scart, s-video and Red, White and Yellow. I have four scart inputs that I wish to use and with each input I want...
May 15th 07 01:00 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
2 292
Is ITV News ever going widescreen by noone
Why can't they go true 16:9 ? Can't be money the amount they make these days
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 15th 07 07:19 AM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
36 886
HDCP by diy-newby
Hi guys Do all HD Ready tv's on the market today offer HDCP through one of the HDMI inputs? Looking to put together a HDTV along with a HTPC. I also may add a blue-ray or HD-DVD drive at a later date so need a tv which has HDCP. Thanks
May 14th 07 02:09 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
2 174
Recommended PVR for elderly? by Lobster
I hope this isn't too much of an FAQ but I did have a good hunt first... I'm trying to assist my elderly parents (70s) buying a PVR - ie a hard disk recorder and would appreciate some advice. Currently they have an old VCR which they can just about manage... they thought they wanted a DVD recorder (and were nearly persuaded to part with 200 on one by a Comet drone last week!) but since they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 07 10:36 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
46 1,439
Watch Football Matches Online (Free) by [email protected]
Watch premier leaque games and other sporting events. www.sportandtv.741.com http://homepage.ntlworld.com/louise.randall41
May 14th 07 09:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 128
Picture quality of Virgin TV On Demand? by DAB sounds worse than FM
Is the picture quality of Virgin TV On Demand the same as the quality you get on normal TV channels on cable? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices: http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/freeview/freeview_receivers.php http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/dab_radios.php
May 14th 07 07:48 AM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
9 365
external tv tuners ? by SoWeezy
has anyone tried one of these or know of any reviews ? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEWEST-External-TV-Tuner-Box-For-LCD-CRT-Monitor-5820i_W0QQitemZ230125596308QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/External-HD-Ready-LCD-CRT-Monitor-TV-Tuner-Box-TV5821E_W0QQitemZ230125113163QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem I have a spare LCD monitor and wondered if it would be worthwhile...
May 14th 07 12:12 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
4 172
Post New Thread