Post New Thread
Hirschmann supplier by Ron Lowe
Can anone suggest a reliable UK supplier of Hirschmann dishes? Google is not turning up much. -- Ron
April 17th 07 12:56 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 180
A question about taps by Marky P
Now, I'm only a beginner so please accept my ignorance on this one. I've been trying to understand taps and their use. They appear to differ from a splitter, but why is a tap used instead of a splitter? I've noiticed they have different values, are these attenuations? If so, why would the signal need to be attenuated by the tap? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 16th 07 11:20 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
12 311
Deinterlacing DW problem solved by Agamemnon
I've finally figured out the right combination of filters to deinterlace Doctor Who using VirtualDub. The easy way is to use the built in VirtualDub deinterlace filter which blends the fields together but the problem with that is that it produces a blurred image on ever still and it's even worse on title sequences and scrolling banners such as the one on News24 which at its worst gives you...
April 16th 07 08:08 PM
by Bazza Go to last post
4 313
Question about TVs by mike bishop
First, thanks for all the replies to my previous two topics. Now, I'm looking at two Samsung TVs, which are about the same price: http://tinyurl.com/yvajxn http://tinyurl.com/275brx Under the hood, they seem to be pretty much identical except that the first (grey) one is HD ready and apparently has better sound. Yet the second (black) one has many more reviews on the Internet, and shops like...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 16th 07 08:58 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
12 488
Bill's marvelous article on satellite distribution systems by Marky P
I've got to rate Bill for his article on satellite disribution systems. Totally riveting. I will print it out and read it again as I hate reading long articles on screen. One thing I'd like to know more about is distributing Sky +. For example, in a block of 8 flats, would it be better to use two 8 way multiswitches (one for the combined main feed & one dedicate Sky + feed) via a tap, or...
April 15th 07 11:24 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
8 114
Good DVB-T software for PC? by Brian W
Is there any recommended software (preferably free but not necessarily) for viewing DVB-T on the PC? I have a Hauppauge WinTV Nova T Stick device. I can use Vista Media Center but was wondering what other options there are. Thanks in advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 07 05:05 PM
by Krustov Go to last post
14 240
Channel Breakup... by Usenet
Here's one for you guys. Attended a call to an IRS system a few days back. 2 residents complained of breakup on one channel in particular, Movies24. The system comprises of a 80cm dish, Quattro lnb, Triax aerials SCL and DCL filtering, Spaun distribution system star wired from a central location in the development. Flats 6 and 38 are affected but no other. Subscriber cables for these 2...
April 15th 07 05:13 AM
by Len Go to last post
2 156
TOT thought for today by Bill Wright
'Political correctness is the natural continuum from the party line. What we are seeing once again is a self-appointed group of vigilantes imposing their views on others. It is a heritage of communism, but they don't seem to see this.' --Doris Lessing
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 14th 07 11:30 PM
by Graham Go to last post
45 516
Arqiva pays 2.5bn for National Grid Wireless by DAB is the Betamax of digital radio
From BroadcastNow: "Arqiva pays 2.5bn for National Grid Wireless 3:20pm: Arqiva, owned by Macquarie Bank, has bought transmission company and Freeview muliplex operator National Grid Wireless (NGW) for 2.5bn. More follows." --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 14th 07 11:04 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
140 2,681
Would you believe its Easter today? by Agamemnon
Not from watching digital TV your wouldn't. 30 Freeview channels not one film premier, special or trailer telling us that its Easter. It's the same programme line up as last week and the week before, and the week before the week before.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 14th 07 02:46 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
22 468
Splits after a Masthead Amp by Geoff Lane
I've got a Proception masthead amp powered by it's own PSU feeding 4 outlets but currently only using three. If I subsequently want 5 feeds should I use a passive splitter on one outlet or would a powered splitter be better. Or more to the point as the masthead is already amplified is a subsequent powered splitter a definite NO NO. Geoff Lane
April 14th 07 02:19 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
2 123
How to get a place not only for secrits but also for communication. by [email protected]
If you want to upload or save your pictures or your log online ,you must need some place to put in.The best one is that you can done what you want on the space .You can have them be shared or not suit yourself,don't you? http://support.forumgogo.com this is the place where can provide you all things and functions what you want. The forum is free.It's a very good flat roof for you to...
April 14th 07 01:21 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 141
Matsui Portable - Channel Skipping by martinf
We've an old Matsui portable TV that has a channel skipping feature on it. It allows you to select channels to 'skip' when using the Channel up/down buttons on the remote. At the moment, channels 2, 3 and 4 are set to skip when they shouldn't be (Only channel 2 was when I started, now I've turned off 3 and 4!) To turn skipping on, you press PRESET - SKIP - PRESET. This in reverse doesn't...
April 13th 07 11:19 PM
by martinf Go to last post
2 105
Channel list by Peter
Hello I have now cancelled subscription to Sky but was thinking of getting another satellite receiver BUT I do not know if channels such as :- TCM Sci Fi Discovery channels Living channels
April 13th 07 10:13 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
5 160
Has my LCD screen just fried itself? by Cuzman
The screen went black. Then a big green wave slowly went from the right-hand side of the screen towards the middle, before fading away a quarter of the way along the screen. I changed channel but all I could hear was sound. No picture. I turned it off and let it cool down. When I turned it back on there were several random lines across the screen of all different colours. Once again, no...
April 13th 07 09:40 PM
by Cuzman Go to last post
8 232
Promax Analyser STOLEN - What to replace by -
Can't really believe it happened but my Promax MC577 was stolen yesterday from inside a customers house, along with my Bosch SDS+ drill and bizarrely a 1m long SDS+ drill bit. Cut a long story short, I was on the roof, the gear was in the hallway with the door open, and the customer was inside the house tapping away on the PC. I had finished outside pretty much so put the tools inside, then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 13th 07 02:20 PM
by diddyell Go to last post
22 1,194
Setup help by shazzbat
Hi folks, I've just got a digilogic freeview box, and set it up according to the instructions. The TV and the VCR/DVD player are both by Bush if that makes any difference. The problem is that when I turn on the digibox, the picture I get is squashed into a lozenge shape and whizzing across the screen at quite a rate. Like the "rolling" that we used to get with old TVs, but vertically...
April 12th 07 11:11 PM
by shazzbat Go to last post
8 199
Distribution amplifier by ChrisW
I am looking for a bit of advice from the experts in this group. I am looking at buying a new build house and it is at the stage where I can still influence the wiring. From past experience the electrical contractors who usually wire new houses know little about TV signals and yet decisiosn they take can make or break your chances of getting good reception. I want to specify a type of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 12th 07 10:39 PM
by Peter Go to last post
30 843
TOT possible purchase by Bill Wright
I've seen an advert on eBay for a grand piano. It sounds ideal for me. The vendor is in Devon somewhere. It's a really good quality piano, something I've always wanted.The only thing is, the vendor says it's suffered 'slight impact damage' and it's 'sold as seen'. Do any of you guys know if 'slight impact damage' would be much of a problem with such an instrument? Could it affect the tuning...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 12th 07 07:19 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
20 375
Ricability : New recommendations for easiest to use DTT Freeview PVRs and Freeview Set-Top Boxes by cwyatt
Ricability, the equipment testing organisation appointed by the Dept.of Trade & Industry to review DTT products, has updated its group of tested PVRs with ratings based on "ease of use". http://www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk/pages/test-reports/stbs_and_digital_tv_recorders/recommendations/easiest-to-use-digital-tv-recorders.htm On the basis of "ease of use" new designs of PVR have displaced...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 12th 07 06:53 PM
by Alan Go to last post
17 258