Post New Thread
Freeview and BBCi and NTL by Evi
We've just got a Freeview TV (we are with NTL, don't know if that makes a difference) and wonder how this BBCi thing works. We pressed the red button during a program (snooker) which had the symbol in the corner of the screen. We were expecting to get a multi-screen view of another match or an update of scores of the other match. Instead we got a sign that says Loading but however long we waited,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 07 07:27 PM
by Evi Go to last post
12 364
60cm Eliptical Zone 2 or 54cm Triax dish by Carpy
Has anyone here measured the difference between using a normal Zone 2 dish (60cm) or using something a bit better quality like a Triax 54cm dish. I've got a job which needs the dish mounted on top of a pole, but the Zone 2 dishes won't fit on a 2" mast. Gain figures look similar, but real world figures usually more accurate!
May 2nd 07 05:57 PM
by I McD Go to last post
1 294
Freeview - slight muting now and again ? by mar
Wondering if this oculd mean my aerial is kaput on analogue sometimes - almost a bang on the sound trying a cheapo freeview box occasionally as if the mute has been pressed for a sec or less picture in both cases ok
May 2nd 07 05:45 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
9 204
lcd tv sound by Stuart Noble
I'd like to get a 17" lcd tv for the bedroom but the sound quality is pretty bad on those I've heard. What do I look for in the specs that will enable me to connect a pair of unpowered speakers? Most seem to have a headphone socket but no mention of the output wattage. I'm not looking for high quality, just the equivalent of a reasonable CRT tele. Thanks for any suggestions
May 2nd 07 02:41 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
7 332
Freeview Audio by news.btinternet.com
What is the level of audio quality can I expect from Freeview, connecting via optical?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 2nd 07 10:47 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
48 988
BBC Trust approves Freesat by DAB is the Betamax of digital radio
Although it doesn't even mention it in this article, I've read elsewhere that Freesat receivers will support MPEG-4 H.264 for HDTV, so Freesat should be the first mass-market system on which we'll get proper free-to-air HDTV - hurrah. And the BBC Trust is apparently holding a Public Value Test (and all that kind of crap that they do) to look at whether the BBC should launch a full-time HDTV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 2nd 07 10:36 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
111 1,837
DAB/DTT on the Isle of Man by Commander Gideon
What digital radio/tv coverage is available on the Isle of Man,are the BBC nationals available there?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 07 10:22 AM
by Commander Gideon Go to last post
12 904
DTT set top box with S-Video and audio outputs by [email protected]
I'm looking to connect a STB to a monitor that has s-video input but no scart. Are there any set top boxes around at the moment that output s-video, either via a dedicated s-video output or over scart? doens't have to be new - happy to pick something up on ebay if necessary. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money as this is a temporary measure - my DTT card equipped PC has died and I'm not in...
4 188
DSO Reception Teletext Test Page by Mark Carver
This appears to have popped up on the four main analogue channels, Page 284 on all. Interesting idea http://www.markyboy.net/dsotest.htm -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
May 1st 07 09:10 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
4 256
[OT] The licence fee and digital devices by James Salisbury
Hi, Just got my new TV licence, since when did you need a TV licence to watch computer TV?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 07 08:04 PM
by Hawkins Go to last post
16 286
VirtualDub filter required by Agamemnon
I need a VirtualDub filter which locates dropped frames in an Xvid/DivX stream and replaces them with an average of the frame before and the frame after before re-encoding. Does such a filter exist and if so where can I find it? If not is there some sort of scripting language that I could use to do this manually, and re-encode the bitstream. Can AviSynth do this?
May 1st 07 11:20 AM
by Bazza Go to last post
3 151
Humax PVR by SteveT
Having read all the posts here that recommend the thing I'm about to buy one. Read the manual online, the only thing that seems to be missing is disk defragmentation. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. ColinM
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 30th 07 10:38 PM
by Piers James Go to last post
26 739
Freeview EPG on my Sony RDR-HXD560 by [email protected]
Having seen Sky and Virgin's EPGs I am slightly disappointed with the Sony/Freeview alternative. I liked the fact that the EPG only took up about a third of the screen so allowing you to watch a programme on the current channel and simultaneously browse through the EPG. My Sony's EPG and the Now and Next guide (press i+) both take over the whole screen! This is rubbish. Do other DVD...
April 30th 07 10:10 PM
by Alan Go to last post
2 154
Online Mafia Kills 13 drive by shootings by Jim Ford
wrote: http://duhmafia.blogspot.com/ - Does the online Mafia Exist? Luca Brazza sleeps in /dev/null!
April 30th 07 07:51 PM
by Jim Ford Go to last post
0 131
Analogue Teletext on Digital Freeview after Analogue shutdown? by Phil Pickard
BBC still gives Ceefax numbers for info. re its programmes. How will we cope when analogue is discontinued?
April 30th 07 06:46 PM
by Stephen Henson Go to last post
3 210
Small LCD TVs by Nicholas Buckley
Hi, I want to buy a 15" ( or thereabouts ) LCD TV. Everywhere I read seems to focus on behemoths with half-mile wide screens and the importance of HD-readiness etc. Not that easy to latch on to details that seem most relevant to the smaller sets on the market.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 30th 07 03:41 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
22 668
Nordic handwaving by Paul D.Smith
....snip... After all, it it perfectly happy to devote dollops of bandwith to duplicating whole 720x576 video streams merely to offer an alternative soundtrack (unnecessary when using a standard receiver). Purely for my own education, can you point out some shows that do this? Thanks, Paul DS.
April 30th 07 10:47 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 151
Signal strength meter wanted by Marky P
I'm gonna have a load of cash to spend soon, and I thought about getting a nice signal strength meter. I'm looking for something under a grand that covers all the bands (II, III, UHF & SAT). Anything worth going for? I did think about a couple in CPC. There's one that covers all terrestrial bands for 400 & a Wolsey one that does satellite only for 250. Buying those two is quite cost...
April 29th 07 08:02 PM
by I McD Go to last post
8 553
Height limit for aerial? by Resident Drunk
Hi all, I live next door to a house which has some rather grand oak trees in line with the (WH) transmitter. During the winter I get a good signal on all Freeview channels however over the last month or so (and the same last year) the signal gradually degrades. The aerial is already on a 6' mast and would have to go up to around 15' to avoid the trees.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 07 11:59 AM
by DMac Go to last post
12 290
Panasonic and Q Link by Justin Thyme
Just bought a Panasonic TH37PX70 plasma TV. The EPG seems excellent and offers the facility to control a DVD recorder via Q link. The manual suggests it can also be used with Nextview Link, Data Logic, Easy Link, Megalogic or Smartlink. My current DVD recorder, a Philips DVDR3380, doesn't seem to offer this facility. The TV won't allow access to the Q Link setup, presumably because the...
April 29th 07 11:32 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
1 921
Post New Thread