Post New Thread
Free Global Calls... by Nic
Free Global Calls... http://talkfree7.blogspot.com Free, Brand New Nokia N-95 Video Mobile Phone is waiting for you...just GRAB yours : ) Free Global Calls... www.desibabesindia.blogspot.com www.vdo-tube.blogspot.com www.kidoos.blogspot.com
May 29th 07 08:04 AM
by Nic Go to last post
0 226
Carmel and Wenvoe stamping all over Oxford signals. by Mallory
Hi all, I have a Triax Unix 52 aligned on Oxford Tx followed by a TETRA filter and then a Maxview MHA23US masthead amplifier I have sufficient signal strength on the analogue signals but have poor signal to noise ratio.... At first I could not work out why, until there was a tropospheric lift about a month ago. Whilst Watching Six TV, i could see I had co-channel
May 28th 07 10:12 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
8 216
Swap: Freecom DVB-T Hybrid stick for plain Freecom DVB-T stick? by Basil
Anyone got a Freecom DVB-T USB stick - the plain version - and want to swap it for the hybrid version (which receives both DTT/ Freeview and analogue signals? I'm moving my kit from PC to a Mac, and the TV software I'm looking at on the Mac supports the DTT/ Freeview-only version (boo!). The stick I'm using has its drivers, software CD, manual etc complete, and is working fine. If interested,...
May 28th 07 05:58 PM
by Basil Go to last post
0 131
Bit error rate revisited by Forestfan
I started a thread a while back with my problems with the ITV/C4 mux from the Nottingham TX. I decided to get a whole new setup done professionally, as my homebrew solution was looking a little unstable in addition to the problems. I got a firm in who initially tried a Log periodic, but the signal levels weren't good enough. He was then thwarted by the deteriorating weather & had to return...
May 28th 07 12:58 PM
by Dan Go to last post
6 162
FA: digital TV tuner PCI card on ebay by tg
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123348858 Item number: 270123348858
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 28th 07 08:19 AM
by buddenbrooks Go to last post
23 620
Widescreen TV aspect ratio? by Agamemnon
I always thought that the aspect ratio of widescreen TV's was 16:9 but when I had a look at the properties of my DivX and Xvid files in Media Player the aspect ratio it shows is not 16:9 (1.78:1) but 1.82:1 which is almost identical to Panavision (1.84:1) even though the source is supposed to be 16:9 and I have set it to mark the files as being in 16:9 ratio. Why are the DivX and Xvid codecs...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 27th 07 09:30 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
11 580
DVD/video by STEPHEN
need a machine that can copy tape to disc.I have tried a few site and they are all old machines, in which they will be defunked in a couple of years and won't get spare parts for Willing to pay 250-300 ish TIA
May 27th 07 11:09 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 178
Aerial fitters in Manchester cashing in by Dave Farrance
Manchester Evening News - Saturday 10th Feb 2007. The great digital TV rip-off. TRADERS are cashing in on confusion surrounding the switchover to digital television, an M.E.N. investigation has revealed. Unscrupulous aerial fitters have been caught telling customers they will need a new "digital aerial" costing up to 100 if they wish to carry on receiving television pictures after 2009. That...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 27th 07 06:37 AM
by buddenbrooks Go to last post
12 426
Daewoo DSD914H9GB advice please by Scott
My brother has an opportunity to acquire one of these via Amex points http://www99.americanexpress.com/myca/loyalty/catalog/action?request_type=un_intlCatalog&action=RewardDetailSearch&Face=en_GB&rewardID=0918-10&seqNo=2 The alternative is 150 of Comet vouchers. He has asked me what I think! Any ideas whether this is a competent piece of kit. I see it is 'only' an 80 GB hard drive. It is...
May 26th 07 11:23 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
3 636
Agamemnon's questions on DivX encoding - The 3:2 pulldown and how to remove it. by Agamemnon
There I was last night looking for files to delete off my hard drive when I discovered an NTSC torrent of ST Enterprise which I downloaded last year because for some reason or other my VCR failed to record the start of the episode (along with an entire episode of Stargate) thanks to the Freeview EPG clock being put back by an hour in the middle of February. Damn them the flocking...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 26th 07 11:23 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
56 1,520
cheapest place to get good quality co-ax by Josey
Hi, Anyone know the cheapest place to get good quality (copper/copper) co-ax? I guess I'm going to need 20m+ Thanks. Jc.
May 26th 07 02:29 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 140
drink problem solved by Bill Wright
I've taken up home brewing. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 07 02:01 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
14 310
Clarkson censured for 'bit gay' car gibe by zarbiface
On 23 May, 13:19, (The Doctor) wrote: Facts are facts. Christianity, Judiasm and Islam call homosexuality a taboo sin. All religions are for idiots though aren't they. Why would your God
May 25th 07 11:27 PM
by Beeblebear Go to last post
1 138
Kolofiliacs outed in rec.arts.drwho & uk.tech.digital-tv by zarbiface
On 24 May, 22:57, "Agamemnon" wrote: Well, I've just finished watching Look East and abomination knows no bounds. A transgenic human has been made mayor of one of the towns in the region. Not that there is any thing wrong in that. What the abomination that I am refereeing is that this man-woman has a partner, not a man as you might think to complement its...
May 25th 07 09:45 PM
by Azaxyr Go to last post
3 202
Professional installation picture - comments? by Malcolm H
See: http://picasaweb.google.com/mphearnorama/Aerials/photo?authkey=sNZUGuCabZk#5067683149213649666 Presumably the trifurcated array is to catch low flying satellites at different altitudes? Is the device beneath it an opened up halo or a new variant attempting to get closer to the gain of a single dipole?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 07 11:40 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
15 293
I'm Back! by Bill
Oh. Hang on. No I'm not. Sorry.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 24th 07 09:31 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
37 750
HDTV under 500 by Moif Murphy
I'm considering an HDTV setup but haven't got the readies to fork out close to a grand. So I am on the lookout for something around the 500 mark. Can anyone suggest any review sites or even something they've purchased recently for that amount? I've been to http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/ and http://www.hdtvuk.tv/ but haven't really come across anything. ta
May 24th 07 09:11 PM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
6 217
HDTV under 500 by [email protected]
On 23 May, 10:55, Moif Murphy wrote: I'm considering an HDTV setup but haven't got the readies to fork out close to a grand. So I am on the lookout for something around the 500 mark. Can anyone suggest any review sites or even something they've purchased recently for that amount? I've been tohttp://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/andhttp://www.hdtvuk.tv/but haven't...
May 24th 07 08:59 PM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
3 159
HDTV under 500 by [email protected]
On 23 May, 10:55, Moif Murphy wrote: I'm considering an HDTV setup but haven't got the readies to fork out close to a grand. So I am on the lookout for something around the 500 mark. Can anyone suggest any review sites or even something they've purchased recently for that amount? I've been tohttp://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/andhttp://www.hdtvuk.tv/but haven't...
May 24th 07 07:33 PM
by J G Miller Go to last post
1 131
OT-ish: good humour on NCIS last night by harrogate3
Referring to 'Ducky' Mallard - played by David McCullam Kate: "What did he look like when he was younger?" Gibbs: "Ilya Kuryakin" Who says the Yanks don't have a sense of humour?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 24th 07 04:20 PM
by M. J. Powell Go to last post
11 383