Post New Thread
How much??? by Damian
Hi all, My folks need a new aerial for their cottage in Kirby Stephen (CA2 postcode area I think). ActionAerials came out today and told them as its a weak signal area for Freeview they would need a Triax DMX10 and masthead amplifier mounted on the chimney breast (about 3 - 4 metres of cable) at a cost of 246 + VAT!! This seems ridiculous as I had a CAI approved company fit a Televes DAT45
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 23rd 07 06:13 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
40 837
What do I need to record Slingbox broadcast onto my PC? by 01steven
If I'm watching my Sky broadcast on my laptop elsewhere because it's being sent via a Slingbox, can I record what I'm watching as a video file on my laptop? Or better still, can I set a timer to record it? Excuse the ignorance- am considering buying a Slingbox and want to know more about its functionality... Regards
6 260
Freeview SNR by Geoff Lane
I have a Proception proMHD14V masthead amp in my loft powering 3 outlets. The aerial is an old one but new satellite cable is connected directly to it and new cable feeds two of the three outlets. My living room is fed by some old brown coax cable behind the wall. Reception fine in all rooms. I have a Netgem freeview box that gives some decent diagnostic data
April 23rd 07 10:34 AM
by charles Go to last post
6 289
French TNTSat by [email protected]
Does anyone know if we will be able to get the french channels in the UK? Will we need a special digibox?
8 460
2 sky boxes by hhhhancock
In the old ananogue days you could have 2 sky boxes in a property, the second box fed via a splitter and satellite cable. The second box could access channels but only on the same polarity as the master box. This meant you would not have to change the lnb. Does this apply to the current digital boxes as well please?
April 23rd 07 07:56 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
3 121
TOT Conundrum - Kettles by Java Jive
As others have seen fit to go rabidly off-topic about electricity consumption here, here's my ha'p'worth ... The table below represents a calculation of the energy used by two kettles to boil the same amount, 1.08L, of water. (If your newsreader doesn't space it correctly, copy'n'paste it into something that uses a fixed width font, eg: Notepad) Start Finish Time Error kW Units ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 23rd 07 12:18 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
39 583
Antiference 5540F cable by Doctor D
Hi Folks, Has anyone tried Antiference 5540F cable? I know it's CAI benchmarked, but I have never seen it mentioned here. I bet Bill, our resident Antiference expert has tried it?
April 22nd 07 08:43 PM
by - Go to last post
3 196
Power of Freeview Muxes by Dave
Does Mux A operate on a lower power to the other 5 muxes? I cannot receive any channels used by this mux, the signal strengh meter shows very low reading. I'm in Leatherhead picking up Crystal Palace. Dave
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 07 07:31 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 339
USB2 DVB-S receivers by Brian W
Does such a beast exist? I've seen plenty of USB2 DVB-T receivers but nothing for receiving free-to-air satellite channels. I need one that will support Media Center in Vista and/or DVB Viewer (BDA drivers) Thanks in advance!
April 22nd 07 05:23 PM
by joefish Go to last post
5 169
Panasonic TH-42PV700F by Hans
Hi, Has anyone some expierince with the Panasonic plasma TH-42PV700F.
April 22nd 07 04:20 PM
by Hans Go to last post
0 117
Sky News today on Freeview by David
Getting my Freeview from Emley Moor, on my w/s TV Sky News is 4x3 picture with squashed people. Is it like this on other TVs? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
April 22nd 07 10:13 AM
by Chris Forecast Go to last post
5 152
SNR Threshold by Geoff Lane
What is the rough SNR threshold for digital TV via aerial. Geoff Lane
April 22nd 07 09:31 AM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
7 188
Bush 6690D by Flump
......has anyone got a link for a user manual for this tv? Thanks in advance. Flump
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
14 401
Over 20,000 downloadable products by EPACIFIC
Netters, Recently I found this Mall and joined it. Any interesting person can downloads over 20000 products from my link. This is the link to the main page of my mall http://downloadsonline.org/?r=epacific Thanks Khup
April 22nd 07 04:43 AM
by EPACIFIC Go to last post
2 162
Doctor Who progressive or interlaced? How to record it digitally. by Agamemnon
While I was editing the current episode of Andromeda on ITV4 in order to test out my new AVI/DivX/Xvid capture and editing software (VirtualDub-MPEG2 1.6.15) which I recorded using the Xvid real time Codec set to interlaced, I noticed that the episode seem to have been either deintelaced at source, ie. by the broadcaster, since there is no motion blur in any of the frames where you would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 20th 07 10:04 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
101 1,721
Guide+ Channel List by Geoff Lane
I have a Philips DVD HD recorder with built in digital tuner. It uses the Guide+ program guide system, ITV2+1 and Film4+1 do not show up on the program information guide but both channels are available by scrolling through the channels individually. Is this normal for the Guide+ system. Geoff Lane
April 20th 07 09:45 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
0 122
Samsung LE37M87BDX / LE40M87BDX LCD by diy-newby
Anyone got one on these? Any comments, good / bad points? Seriously considering getting one.
April 20th 07 03:14 PM
by diy-newby Go to last post
0 152
ʤ by jllyz32248391350
ʤ 2007-04-12 16:32:20 ǩ ѧ ʤ ֥
April 19th 07 12:33 PM
by ChrisM Go to last post
4 161
Soldering aerial plugs by [email protected]
Hi, I've decided to make sure various belling lee connectors are properly made up by following the advice he http://www.megalithia.com/elect/bellinglee/ Everything is easy enough except the last bit: soldering. The only soldering I've done before is copper tube for my pipes with a bloody great blowtorch. The problem I'm having with the connectors is getting the solder to flow down inside...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 19th 07 11:58 AM
by Nick Austin Go to last post
10 295
UHF filters and the digital switchover by Marky P
Here's one for ya! What's gonna happen to all the communal aerial systems that use filters designed for the current DTT frequencies after switchover, when most frequencies will change? Surely it must be difficult to decide what to do, filter wise, when installing a coomunal aerial system now knowing that when the frequencies change after switchover, the system may not work. Marky P.
April 19th 07 02:35 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 327
Post New Thread