Post New Thread
Six Digital Channels by Geoff Lane
I have a Freeview box (BT badged Netgem) that gives a signal strength, quality and SNR reading for each channel. Should these readings be similar on all six channels. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 07 09:12 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
18 394
Panasonic DMR-EX75EB: DVD Management? by Ian
I have a Panasonic DMR-EX75EB DVD recorder. HDD recording and playback work fine, as does DVD playback. However, for the first time ever, I decided today to copy an HDD recording to a blank DVD-RW disk. The manual (page 16) says that when you insert a disk it will detect if it is formatted, and if unformatted it will prompt you to format it. No such prompt appeared, so I assumed it was...
June 18th 07 08:02 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
6 308
A Tribute to Dave Fawthrop - Died June 2004 by John Rumm
Helen Bach wrote: Subject: 4.2 The crosspost Troll Now be careful what we reply to children! xposts snipped --
June 18th 07 06:40 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
0 149
Sony KDL-46X2000 by Tom Bradbury
Wonder if anybody can offer some advice on this.... About to purchase what appears to be the dog's ******** of a TV, a Sony KILL-46X2000. Best price I can find is 2,455 inc delivery. That doesn't include warranty which is ranging between 299 for 3 years and 599 for 5 years. I'm thinking that I don't need an extended warranty until the end of the first year, so I can buy the warranty...
June 18th 07 04:29 PM
by Steve Roberts Go to last post
9 277
Sutton Coldfield by Bill Wright
Does anyone know anything about a breakdown at SC on Friday? It allegedly affected all DTT and C4 analogue for about 40 minutes. Bill
June 18th 07 12:13 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
7 328
Sky telephone wiring by [email protected]
We have been with sky TV for a number of years and disconnected the telephone a number of years ago. We have got a sky + box coming this week so I tried to reconnect the Telephone. Jjust put the 2+5 connections/blue+white cables into the main socket. Our normal phone rings out but will not ring in ? 2 questions. Are thse the right connections, does the sky connection require and other cables to...
June 18th 07 11:01 AM
by Graham Go to last post
1 627
digital tv card, subtitles, recording by [email protected]
I`m planning to buy a digital tv card (freeview). The must-have feature is possibility to record programs with subtitles. Can you recommend something?
June 18th 07 10:30 AM
by Robin Go to last post
1 180
Bother - Freecycle apologies by Paul D.Smith
Apologies if you see some attempts to subscribe to local Freecycle groups - the fingers were quicker than the mind! Paul DS.
June 18th 07 09:56 AM
by DannyT Go to last post
4 175
Gain of Wideband versus Grouped aerial? by Malcolm H
All other things being equal what is the approximate difference in forward gain of a high gain yagi between Wideband and Group-A configuration? Thanks for any input.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 07 09:16 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
12 334
Tiswas Canned-Laughter Reunited by Dom Robinson
Presenter cracks joke. Canned laughter ramps up to a peak from nowhere and disappears just as quickly. And so on. -- Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk /* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor) /* 1132 DVDs, 347 games, 314 CDs, 110 cinema films, 42 concerts, videos & news
June 18th 07 02:11 AM
by Ian Go to last post
5 207
TalkSport (Freeview 723) audio level by Linker3000
How does TalkSport get away with having an audio level that seems to be about double everyone else's?
June 18th 07 01:17 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 277
Digihome 80GB HD recorder with tuner? by Hugh Newbury
Hi: Does anyone have an opinion of this machine? Tesco are selling it for 69.97. Or they would be if it wasn't out of stock. If it works it must be the bargain of the year. Any views? Hugh
June 17th 07 10:50 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
4 224
Freeview with indoor set top aerial by TGS
Would I be able to view freeview via a set top indoor aerial? Want a 2nd TV in the dinning room unable to get an outdoor aerial so using a set top. Cheers
June 17th 07 08:04 PM
by Al Go to last post
7 315
SCART to computer monitor - is this cable what I'm after? by [email protected]
Hi, please excuse my extreme lack of knowledge of audio-visual technology. I have a Freeview box and would like to connect it to a 17-inch TFT computer monitor that I happen to have spare. I could just buy an LCD television to connect it to, but would rather save the 150 if possible because I have this spare monitor. I would have asumed that I would need some fancy electronics to connect the...
June 16th 07 09:00 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 1,406
OT ish - remote control by Dee
Apologies if this isn't the right group (maybe a more appropriate group could be suggested?) I have a Swisstec 42" plasma TV that I bought about 15 months ago from Makro. The remote has recently stopped working. I've of course changed the batteries but it still doesn't work. Is there any way of checking if its the remote control or the remote sensor on the TV. The red light flashes on he...
June 16th 07 08:41 PM
by Linker3000 Go to last post
8 286
I am such a dick! by Marky P
I've got into the habit of switching off all my electrical items (excluding the fridge) at the mains every night before I go to bed. Problem is, yesteday I set the DVDR to record something, then switched the bugger off at the mains and went to bed! Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 16th 07 05:17 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
81 1,477
Does anybody bother to terminate a Freeview loopthrough? by Ian Jackson
Just a thought. If you're not using the loopthrough output of a Freeview STB (or anything similar), does anybody bother to terminate it? Ian. --
June 16th 07 05:09 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 171
Post-DSO channel allocations for Border region now published by Ofcom by Andy Wade
Apologies if this has been posted in either group before, but I don't recall seeing any reference to it. Ofcom have released "official" channel allocation and ERP data for the Border region, i.e. for the Caldbeck and Selkirk TX sites and dependent relays: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/ifi/tech/dsodetails/ And they are running a mailing list for updates: "If you would like to be kept informed of...
June 16th 07 02:00 PM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
0 184
Colour artefacts worsening? by Matti Lamprhey
I have a complaint. BBC2's Natural World - The Wye Valley, transmitted last night, was despoiled throughout by a colouring artefact which has become very noticeable in recent weeks. I don't know the term for it, but it's a similar effect to when you use a limited palette on a digital photograph -- areas of graduated colour go stripy, and on both sides of the stripe boundary you get dots of...
June 16th 07 12:03 PM
by Matti Lamprhey Go to last post
1 130
Thomson DTT STB problem by Marky P
Hi, My bruv's Thompson DTT box is acting strange. He has it on TalkSport all night, but it automatically switches itself off at 3am, then again at 5am. It comes up with a countdown timer then switches off. I have tried to sort it out, but can't find any sign of a timer menu, except for when programming for recording to a VCR (but that one is blank and not used). Seems very strange. He says...
June 16th 07 09:30 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
6 181
Post New Thread