Post New Thread
Sky freeview in Pub by [email protected]
I just wondered wether anyone knew if a public house had to pay a monthly fee for free to air Sky Sports news or the free to air channels offered by sky , can't seem to find any information on the net anywhere Cheers Paul
April 11th 07 01:28 AM
by Ian Go to last post
3 198
Earn huge profits with very little investment by Michael Ervin
Earn huge profits with very little investment from properties and houses. Buy land pennies on the dollar and sell at 1000%. For more information, send $10.00, self addressed and stamped envelope to: Michael Ervin 194 Daisy Dr. , Newport , TN 37821 For quicker delivery, send payment via paypal to Please specify whether you want Ms Word, Ms Works format or website link.
April 11th 07 12:57 AM
by Michael Ervin Go to last post
0 122
installing a communal satellite dish by Marky P
Although I have no intention of doing it, I was wondering how a satellite system is installed on a block of flats? What equipment is actually required? By what I've found out myself, it seems to involve multiswitches & launch amplifiers. Anything else? Marky P.
April 10th 07 05:41 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 165
TOT ideom by Bill Wright
I emailed a foreign friend and mentioned that I got rat arsed last night. He's just replied to ask why I suddenly became fat. Had I eaten too much? I've thunk and thunk and I reckon he's getting mixed up with 'lard arsed'. Bill
April 10th 07 03:06 PM
by Paul Collins Go to last post
1 131
Win a FREE! NEW! SONY PLAYSTATION 3, Free Prizedraw by Michael
Free Prizedraw Click link bellow to win a New FREE Sony PS3 gaming console http://www.clash-media.net/t.asp?id=1361&e=974 Good Luck
April 10th 07 02:24 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 149
Freeview aerial recommendations please by Malcolm H
I have been using a Jaybeam MBM-46 for many years and it is excellent. However I am now considering changing it for an END MOUNTED aerial in order to avoid guano, from birds which use the aerial as a perch, dropping on to my conservatory. Please may I have your recommendations. I need highest gain (matching the MBM-46 if possible), Group A, with end mounting. I am located in the fringe...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 07 01:06 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
20 451
Diplex faceplate? by [email protected]
Dear all, I've got a Philex SLx8L in my loft (http://www.wiltsgrove.co.uk/sub- category.php?ID=4708&CID=0001&PID=AE-10009). It's total overkill for what I want to do. I only have one telly, no satellite, and my main requirement is distributing the FM signal for a few radio sets which is what I mainly listen to. Anyway, in a nutshell my noddy question is this: if I feed the UHF and VHF signals...
April 9th 07 09:40 PM
by charles Go to last post
1 341
Telewest to Sky - phone socket required? by Dougman
Afternoon. Had a search through the group but couldn't find anything definite. I'm currently on Telewest for tv/phone and net but I want to get HD since the telly can cope. Telewest only has one HD channel but Sky have more so I'm thinking about moving the tv only to Sky and keeping the phone and net as it is. I've seen in various places that Sky boxes need a phone connection to
April 9th 07 09:36 PM
by Lurch Go to last post
4 345
A Better Picture With CVBS by marcia-cennerteal
Hello. I make one purchase of a Daewoo digital terrestial receiver (from Amazon) and combined hard disc recorder but find the RPG picture is slightly... (I think best way to describe it is) Fuzzy. But the CVBS picture is very good. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to improve the quality of my RPG output? I can see a vague shadowy outline of the non digital channel on screen at the same...
7 247
Wireless alternative to running aerial cable? by David Wright
I know Video Senders exist for the purposes of taking a signal from a set-top box, dvd player etc to send it around the house, but does anyone know of an equivalent for sending a TV aerial signal? I have a roof-mounted aerial whose wire terminates in the loft - seemingly snipped off by the previous occupant. I am not sure I have the necessary know-how to run the cable down the cavity wall...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 9th 07 12:53 AM
by Clive. Go to last post
22 1,393
TOSHIBA RDXS25 freeview/PVR? Opinions? by Jewel
I'm thinking of getting the TOSHIBA RDXS25 to replace my Thomson PVR / Freeview and DVD player. Anyone got one? Good points? Bad points? Other one up for consideration is the Wharfedale DVDRHD400F. Smaller hard drive but 50 quid cheaper. Or are there any where the DVD has 5 channels? Thanks
April 8th 07 04:38 PM
by Jewel Go to last post
0 137
Permanent blue screen even after reset and software download by pinkfloydfan
Also posted on uk.tech.tv.sky: Hi there Last night after I stopped watching a recorded show I was getting the message "There is a signal fault on this channel" on every sky channel. So, I turned the box off and on at the mains and waited a while before taking it out of standby: that only gave me the message "searching for listings" permanently on the screen.
April 8th 07 03:54 PM
by pinkfloydfan Go to last post
0 126
Lost all Freeview on Pace Twin by Paul S
Turned the TV on this morning, and I could only get BBC1 and BBC2 on Freeview. I've selected MenuTV Lists and the unreceived channels are showing the symbol of an aerial with a cross through it, so presumably there's an aerial fault (sorry for stating the obvious). I've noticed the picture on analogue had gone fuzzy a few weeks ago, but digital kept going.
April 8th 07 02:46 PM
by charles Go to last post
8 177
3 Devices - Aerial Confusion by Geoff Lane
I have a Proception proMHD14V - four-way amplifier masthead amp, this is a variable gain unit and I have it set about 1/3rd (Not sure what this represents) and my three feeds manage freeview fine. Now I've complicated the issue a wee bit and have a Philips DVDR7260H which is a PVR incorporating a digital tuner and I also have Sky. I only have one aerial feed to my living room so am wondering...
April 8th 07 12:03 PM
by charles Go to last post
2 180
Looking to buy a TV by mike bishop
I'm looking for a small TV for a bedroom. I don't want to spend very much---perhaps 200 at most. I'll be using it to watch regular telly and FreeView. 1) Should I go for a CRT or an LCD? 2) Should I go for one with FreeView built in or not, buying the FreeView box seperately? Thanks very much!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 8th 07 08:50 AM
by charles Go to last post
39 561
DigiHome PVR and time change by tim.....
Bloody thing updated the time correctly but then increased all the recording start times by one hour (as if it hadn't updated the time) so that it recorded out of sync. Oddly, it also increased the time-stamps on the library recordings so that something recorded before the time change, at 19:00 was described as being recorded at 20:00, even though it had recorded the correct thing. Lost the...
April 7th 07 06:19 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
6 213
USB port on virgin cable box by Krustov
I dont have cable myself - but a guy i know says he has a usb port on the back of his cable box . Anybody know what it can be used for ? .
April 7th 07 05:58 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 182
Hauppauge.co.uk by Rod L
Anyone else having problems displaying this http://www.hauppauge.co.uk ? Thanks.
April 7th 07 05:58 PM
by JW Go to last post
7 279
Channel 5 Missing - message "no satellite signal is being received" on Pace Sky Box by Graham Brooker
Channel 5 is missing as I only get the message "no satellite signal is being received" when I select 105 on my Pace Sky Digibox. I can see the 105 program listing information in the EPG but no picture or sound. All other usual channels are OK. I use a free viewing card. I phoned Sky and was told how to reset my LNB which did not help. Someone else got me to buy a new Freesat viewing card...
April 7th 07 12:52 PM
by Graham Brooker Go to last post
0 143
Is this genuine ...? by Barb
Hi folks. Came across this whilst browsing various online TV options. (Hey, it's holiday and I'm putting off doing the garden ....!!) Looks too good to be true - so it probably is ...... What do you think? What's the wrinkle here? How do you reckon it's done, etc. etc ? http://www.satellitetvtopc.com/?hop=downlod Barb
April 7th 07 10:55 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
3 138
Post New Thread