Post New Thread
Software glitches? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I've noticed just recently that users of the old smart talk set top box have been reporting that some stations say no signal please check your Arial. After an unplug and a reconnection of the power supply things return to normal. Has there been any kind of changes in, say, the last month or so to freeview generally that might be confusing boxes. Another strange one is that some stations seem...
May 3rd 15 11:09 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
2 292
For Bill the BBC and UKIP by David[_9_]
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/arrogant-biased-and-bad-value-for-money--its-time-for-a-radical-shakeup-of-the-bbc-10216598.html Regards David
May 2nd 15 08:45 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 261
The Avengers by Andy Burns[_9_]
Mark Carver wrote: BBC 2 recently repeated the sit-com, To The Manor Born. One episode was completely removed from the run, because (it is presumed) there was a short sequence shot outside a railway station, and on the wall was a poster of Mr Savile in one of those 'Age of the Train' ads. Various programmes manage to blur out company names on clothing and the contents of TV sets that...
May 1st 15 06:41 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
2 320
Transmission signal by Davey
I'm not sure what it's officially called, but the signal that is sent by the broadcaster to indicate that a programme is being transmitted is really badly served by Drama. Last night, I had the PVR set up to record Inspector Alleyn, and I watched as the opening sequence, the programme title, the listed main actors, and the Episode title were all transmitted before the PVR eventually received the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 15 11:37 PM
by Davey Go to last post
10 266
What is CBS up to. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I caught the end of a message just after a program on another cbs channel which just said, cbs reality is moving to a new home on ch 135. Not a lot of help as it said nothing about which platform they were talking about. Presumably not Freeview as that is the RT channel. Slapdash and stupid Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
April 30th 15 07:46 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
4 280
NEWSFLASH: Two new channels on Mux 8! by Stephen[_6_]
Hi, further to Bill Wrights post informing that Mux 8 had launched from Winter Hill but there were no channels as it was blank carriers..... I can confirm that Mux 8 is now broadcasting two HD channels from some transmitters...... I can recieve Oxford and Sandy Heath here.... No Mux 8 from Oxford yet but there is two new channels on Mux 8 from Sandy Heath all in glorious HD......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 15 06:12 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
14 386
Freesat change? by Richard Tobin
My Panasonic TV has a software update. The description of the update is "Prepare Freesat broadcast change". Does anyone know what this refers to? -- Richard
April 29th 15 10:09 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 442
Ummah Channel, sky 820. by David[_9_]
Is this station FTA? If someone can give me frequency etc. I would like to tune it on Others on my Freesat TV for a particular programme. PS Do not worry I'm not joining them :-) just that someone I know, non-muslim of is on. Regards David
April 28th 15 01:55 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
2 452
Disposable work gloves by Roger Mills[_2_]
Apologies if I'm suffering from brain fart, but I feel sure that someone in one or other of these NGs recently mentioned having bought some disposable (single use) gloves which were tough enough not to split at the slightest provocation and also textured to provide good grip - but I can't find the relevant post. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I need some which won't...
April 27th 15 01:19 PM
by Capitol Go to last post
9 291
Yodelling audio? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I watched, well listened to CSI on ch 5 last night, and several times in it I heard what sounded like a yodelling effect as if the audio was being fed throgh one of those pitch altering boxes, a bit like Brian the robot. Not really an issue, but when it happened I had to restart the audio description as it fell out of synch and started ducking the sound but no talking. Is there more of a...
April 27th 15 08:47 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
5 197
Local DAB vs distant DAB reception..... by [email protected]
Hi, I find if I put up a omnidirectional DAB dipole, I can get 3 local ensembles, Oxford, Northants and HBB on chs 10B, 10C and 10D as well as the national BBC and digital 1 ensembles at 11D and 12B. Unsurprisingly the more distant ensembles do not come in. If I put up a directional high gain DAB yagi aerial pointed towards London, I can get CE digital On 12C, Switch digital on 12A and DRG...
April 25th 15 01:04 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 256
Norway switching off FM.....are we next ? by Phi
https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/radio-digitisation-in-2017/id2406145/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 24th 15 09:05 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
48 677
London Marathon by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Oh deary me, that is on again this Sunday. I wonder if the talkback will be on analogue that I can receive this year. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
April 23rd 15 10:08 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
9 300
computer slow by Mr Pounder
"Woody" wrote in message ... No comment made about temp files and cookies. Download Glary Utils, select one click maintenance, deselect Registry cleaner and Disk repair and run it. You will be amazed what it finds. You could also download Smart Defrag 2 and leave that going overnight. I looked into that. AVG picked up on a...
April 22nd 15 06:53 PM
by Mr Pounder Go to last post
0 161
Imigration of reptiles? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
In our local paper it said that a lizard was found in a local park which came from African deserts. They were at a loss how it got here. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 15 08:37 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
17 380
Freeview lets move da channels again.. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
So what are they up to this time. 5USA suggests its going to move to ch 21 on Wednesday, while a new channel called Spike or similar (why) is going to start, as if we do not have enough already, and does this mean the demise of Viva at last, which has had identity issues for some time. Is this the brodcasting equivelent of a supermarket moving its stock around or what? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 15 06:37 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
40 883
accent peculiarity by Graham Murray
the dog from that film you saw writes: Can you imagine the outcry there would have been if they had used a white actor made up black? So none of the 'Golden Oldie' stations will be showing episodes of the "Black and White Minstrel Show" then. :)
April 21st 15 12:35 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
0 226
Watching Youtube using VLC by NY
In the latest (15-28 April 2015) edition of Computer Active magazine there is an article (page 52) that refers to being able to watch Youtube videos in VideoLan VLC. It says (I'm paraphrasing) 1. Copy the URL from Youtube to the clipboard 2. Open VLC 3. Media | Open Network Stream 4. Paste URL into "PLease enter a network URL" field
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 21st 15 11:44 AM
by NY Go to last post
14 649
What to do with cracked LED screen? by Jaffna Dog
My father-in-law bought a 42-inch 'LG' LED TV, to take to the family in Sri Lanka, carrying it as checked hold baggage, and then across the country in the luggage compartment of a coach. Unsurprisingly, when they unpacked it, from improvised packaging, apparently keeping it in the original box would mean having to pay import duty, the screen had several cracks in it, and it did not produce a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 15 11:14 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
25 546
Subtitle woes by Davey
Suddenly, the BBC seems to be having a repetitive problem with its subtitles, in that they stop for several seconds, while the conversation continues onscreen, and then suddenly all the missing words suddenly scream through at once, so that the whole lot is missed completely. This happened at least three times during the forty minute programme of Graham Norton, and it happened during the Formula...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 15 08:30 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
14 344