Post New Thread
Ramming things up arses by Brian-Gaff
Could one ask you to not add +AD several times to your quotes? Itt makes it sound completely hat stand over here! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
October 15th 15 11:55 AM
by Phi Go to last post
1 168
Curious lack of revision by Bill Wright[_3_]
I see the Antiference page showing the new post-DSO channel groups quotes the vision and sound frequencies for each channel. Bill
October 15th 15 09:00 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
1 178
Night photo's of geostationary satellites. by [email protected]
Found this picture some of you might like: http://imgur.com/gallery/hky2HYp via https://www.reddit.com/r/space/comments/3norjc/some_geostationary_satellites_i_photographed_last/ Then in the comments section one contributor managed to highlight the satellites: http://i.imgur.com/TCGQX4l.gif
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 15th 15 08:14 AM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
59 990
Ramming things up arses by Indy Jess John
On 14/10/2015 16:19, Phi wrote: On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 23:52:09 +010-, Bill Wrightbill+AEA-invalid.com wrote: There will be no tickets as it will be free. It promises to be a great show. Also on the bill a Ramming a DAB log periodic up the arse of a BBC bean counter Ramming a Zone 2 Sky dish up Murdock's arse Ramming a BSB squariel up Murdock's arse as well (I...
October 14th 15 05:49 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
0 137
Recommended Makes Of Chimney Fixings for Terrestrial Aerial by Java Jive[_2_]
I understand the general principles of how to rig this, but I was wondering if the riggers here would have any particular make they swear by. Note: Up here it can get VERY, VERY windy! -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address...
October 13th 15 11:06 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
8 389
Talking Pictures TV HD channel 81 on Freeview by madge
Combined minds The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a retune on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from Dover should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at the 100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's? Thanks in advance -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 11th 15 09:59 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
35 7,604
Windows Media Centre in UK - some channels' listings are missing by NY
Does anyone (in the UK) still use Windows Media Centre to record TV programmes? If so, have you found a workaround for a few channels (eg Film 4+1, Talking Pictures TV, Channel 4+1 HD, 4seven HD) having "No data available" in the Guide? I've done a Tasks | TV | Guide | Get Latest Guide Listings but this makes no difference.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 10th 15 01:06 PM
by Ant[_6_] Go to last post
10 928
Carpet gripper strip by Lobster
I've just pulled up a worn-out fitted carpet in readiness for a replacement. It had been fitted on a solid floor, using carpet gripper strip which had been glued to the floor; and in spite of my best efforts, most of the strips have come away from the floor along with the carpet. A bit odd, as I've replaced third carpet before with no problem, and the grippers date from the previous...
October 10th 15 10:01 AM
by Lobster Go to last post
5 248
How to spoil a nice building by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Langsett%20waterworks.jpg /data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXty46R1mhcbONrLkO8LJeA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 9th 15 11:43 PM
by Mr Guest Go to last post
34 772
How the disabled are ripped off by Bill Wright[_2_]
110Ah deep discharge battery sold through some disability industry outlets: £149.95. Exact same battery sold for golf buggy: £60 Flightsafe device: £30. This is a three pin XLR plug with pins 1 and 2 shorted, in red plastic. This inhibits the scooter operation. Cost of manufacture will be about £1. 115mm rubber tyred jockey wheel, 20mm bo Disability shops: £18. Various other places:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 8th 15 05:16 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
368 1,913
Dropbox users. by Brian-Gaff
I know some post their pictures here and then copy a link to this group. However the last two updates received to the program, 3.10.6 and 7 have a serious issue. they delete the copy public link, and other options in the context menu of the dropbox folder when its opened from the desktop or the tray icon. In the first case, it was deleted as soon as it installed, and in the second, they remain...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 6th 15 11:16 AM
by Chris Youlden[_3_] Go to last post
11 290
Retuning the TV - naive question by Another John
I needed to retune our Freeview TV(s) to recapture ITV4 - as far as I could see, the only channel that had gone awol. Retuning always takes several minutes, but this time our main TV (Sony ) took about 45 minutes before it reached "100%". Is there a rational explanation for this? I thought that perhaps I should have taken the aerial feed out of the PVR and put it directly into the TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 5th 15 07:49 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
38 834
Programmes produced for BBC by DerekF[_2_]
Many BBC programmes are made by outside companies. With New Tricks the titles at the end of the programme show it is made by a company called Headstrong Pictures owned by Warner Brothers for BBC. How does this system work? Are the programmes scripted by BBC and produced for them and they then own the programme? Can such programmes if no longer wanted by BBC then be offered to other TV...
October 5th 15 06:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 282
First VW, now: "EU probes TV makers over energy efficiency test scores" by Java Jive[_2_]
"EU probes TV makers over energy efficiency test scores" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34412501 These things go in Darwinian cycles ... A case of: "Plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose!" Scandals like the above, and the VW one, and the horse meat one, are uncovered, in these days now that investigative reporting is almost dead usually more by luck than judgement, so legislation is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 15 11:49 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 282
Is the old Crawley court building still there? by Brian-Gaff
I always remember a friend saying the building design made it look like it had partially melted and drooped at some point! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
October 2nd 15 02:51 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
1 195
Classic FM by Brian-Gaff
Is now in stereo on Freeview. So somebody must have been listening after all. Pity so many other stations are not though, such as Smooth and magic. Which brings me to dab. Here not even r4X is stereo, which it is on Freeview, Same seems to go for Asian Network etc. Most of the Absolute channels are mono as is Jazz fm and most of the other pop and ethnic and god stations of DAB. I think they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 15 11:14 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
18 455
TV Freeview picture breaking up, New 4G transmitter and Aeroplanes by john west
Suddenly in the last month or so our Freeview television picture is suddenly breaking up. We got a visit from the 'at800' Engineer who fitted a filter in-line before our television aerial amplifier. Apparently we have a new phone 4G transmitter installed quite near. The engineer said his readings were within accepted limits. We are about 15 miles north east of Heathrow Airport and get a lot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 1st 15 11:43 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
85 1,778
Misheard title, 45 years on. by Graham.[_5_]
Thought I would re-tube (to coin a phrase) something I have just posted in another place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHgKZgNtsEk On today’s edition of BBC Radio Four’s “The Film Program”, there was an interview with Walter Murch, the Sound Editor of one of Charles Lucas early sci-fi films called “THX1138”
October 1st 15 06:16 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
3 306
How does closing BBC Three save any money? by Scott[_2_]
I see the 'closure' of BBC Three has not been postponed until after Christmas. I still don't see how this move will save any money at all. If BBC Three continues on-line then the production costs are still there. The multiplex is still there, apparently with BBC One+1 so so savings in transmission costs. Is it maybe that rights cost less if the audience is smaller? On a related theme, is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 15 08:28 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 452
CSI by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just happened to notice that although CSI finished some time ago, there is a one-off two-hour special entitled "Immortality" on Channel 5 tonight at 2200. This reunites some of the old team members, including William Petersen (Gil) and Marg Helgenberger (Catherine). Also, starting next week on Tuesday at 2200 on Channel 5 is the spin-off series CSI Cyber. --
September 30th 15 09:45 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
2 179
Post New Thread