Post New Thread
Quatermass 2 the film by Phi
I hadn't seen it for ~50 years, quite entertaining.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 10th 15 06:22 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
23 694
Techwood PVR180/T810 twinrecord. by Ian Field
Some time ago, someone helped me out with a stock fault on this PVR - Apparently a power rail protection zener fails short circuit and stops it dead. Unfortunately the PVR got hidden in a corner and forgotten, now I've found it again, the saved file with info on the fault eludes me. Also the PC where I think the file was had a HDD go silly (the drive started acting up when I ran a search...
June 7th 15 06:46 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
4 305
Splitter advice needed by Dave Saville[_4_]
I am thinking of replacing my PVR as it is beginning to show its age. The one I am looking at has three tuners. The vender suggests using a splitter instead of loop through cables. I would need al least a four way, possibly a six. It is already split in the loft two ways. I still get 100/100 according to my Topfield. TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 7th 15 11:13 AM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
22 509
Resolution on Porches (or not) by Graham.[_5_]
On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 19:46:59 GMT, Skipweasel wrote: I have a telly which has a native resolution of 1920x1080. I also have a spare PC with an Intel onboard graphics thing which is capable of driving it at that resolution Trouble is, when I connect the two I've got about an inch of black space on the left and there's a bit of desktop overhanging the right edge...
June 6th 15 10:52 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
0 223
UKTV by Davey
Does it work, or is it just my setup that sees the Yesterday DOG, but nothing else when I play Impossible Engineering Ep. 1, or Time Team at Henham, or anything else that I atttempt? I have disabled Adblock for this page. -- Davey.
June 6th 15 10:23 PM
by Davey Go to last post
6 557
Multi region Blu Ray player by Chris Holmes
Hi All, we are looking to invest in a Bu Ray player (sub £100) and would like to be able to play our collection of USA DVDs on it (Region 2??) and perhaps also USA bought Blu Ray discs in the future. I had a quick Google for Multi Region Ble Ray Player, but what I got back was Ble Ray players that would do Multi Region Apps (didn't say whether these were included, or you had to provide them. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 5th 15 12:28 PM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
22 534
PING Bill Wright by Stephen[_6_]
Hi Bill, I'm wanting to integrate my CCTV system into the home UHF distribution system via a couple of Televes Avant 5 units and a Triax 5x16 multiswitch. I have 9 cameras and a DVR provided video of a 3x3 video mosaic so I am in need of ten UHF modulators. I already have Freesat/sky, FM, DAB and DTT on the distribution system and was planning to have 10 analogue TV channels on all the TV...
June 3rd 15 11:43 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 209
Aerials on Watchdog by Dave W
Last week's Watchdog featured a firm that fitted new TV aerials when not required. The show made much play of the ladders "violating health & safety" but they didn't say what should have been done. Do I take it that current regulations require full scaffolding to be erected? Also the throwing of the old aerial from the roof into the garden was mocked, but I can't see why. Maybe in case a pet dog...
June 3rd 15 03:36 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 339
Win10 invite by Brian-Gaff
No, butt then thus far I only have one win 7 machine and until things get better I'm not going to change even if it was combined with a free night with the woman of my dreams. Its got inaccessible new bits and a dodgy new browser seemingly called edge or bottom or whatever, and has that irritating kurtana or whatever its called. Brian --
June 2nd 15 07:08 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 392
Do birds have vandalizing thoughts? by Brian-Gaff
I was asked this the other day as it appears a month or so back a bloke was watching out of his window and saw two blackbirds on one element of a fairly old tv aerial, from the description, the top row of a reflector. They were bouncing up and down and gradually loosening the element, when they flew off he said he saw the element was definitely loose and wobbling in the breeze. Could...
June 2nd 15 08:28 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
7 291
TV speakers by Brian-Gaff
Is there a reason why companies could not use the well learned lessons on how to make speakers in small boxes sound reasonable be applied to tv speakers? Listening in a store a while back I was struck by the cheap transistor radio sounds coming from them. I mean, its not rocket science is it? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 1st 15 07:41 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
25 405
Sign language vs subtitles by Clive Page[_4_]
I recorded a programme on BBC4 recently and realised that the late-night repeats come with a sign-language interpreter in front (while the ones earlier in the evening do not). This meant the actual programme was reduced to about three quarters of the screen with a somewhat distracting presence on the right-hand side. Although my hearing is good enough, I appreciate that those with hearing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 15 09:06 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
43 684
EUROPE WILL ABOLISH GEO-BLOCKING AND OTHER COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS by Phi
The European Commission adopted a new Digital Single Market Strategy today, which aims to improve consumer access to digital services and goods. Among other things, Europe vows to end geo-blocking and lift other unwarranted copyright restrictions. Due to complicated licensing agreements Netflix is only available in a few dozen countries, all of which have a different content library. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 15 06:11 PM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
123 2,034
computer slow by Johnny B Good[_2_]
On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:15:46 +0100, Woody wrote: ====snip==== If none of those help then a re-install will as the pagefile will be replaced amongst other things. Mine - on XP SP3 - is well over 2GB and Windoze has to keep searching it. On a new install it will start a a few MB before it grows.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 30th 15 01:00 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
55 611
Humax 9200 and Windows 8 by Victor Delta[_2_]
Has anyone managed to download files from a Humax 9200 to a pc running on Windows 8? I tried to connect my Humax to a new laptop today but Windows 8 would not recognise the driver supplied with Andy Chappell's Media Controller. Nor would it work with Humax's Media elinker software as, apparently, a necessary dll file is missing. Any advice please?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
30 1,850
The future of TV? by Brian-Gaff
Seems to me there is a concerted push at the moment to make all content transient. By that I mean, in the beginning it was whatever was on at the time was what you watched, then came video recording and pre recorded tapes. This seemed to annoy the content providers as folk bypassed the adverts on time shifted stuff, but of course the folk selling films liked it as another revenue stream. ...
May 27th 15 08:41 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
9 310
TV_Theme tunes by Pinnerite[_2_]
This came up this morning on BBC1 breakfast. Are the old ones better/more memorable than the latest ones? Various suggestions of favourites were made but no one mentioned Hill street Blues, definitely one of mine. -- Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.32-desktop-1.mga4
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 26th 15 05:24 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
44 45
letter to Look North, copy to the BBC Trust and to J.Whittingdale by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dear Sirs, Look North Leeds, 20th May 2015 Your package on the closure of part of Ferrybridge Power Station was severely biased because of the follow-up interview, which was with John Grant, who was described as Ďan expert in renewable energy and climate changeí. Why didnít you describe him as a hard line environmentalist, which is what he is? Then the viewers would have known where he was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 26th 15 09:15 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
23 394
Thin TV by David[_9_]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3088702/The-wallpaper-TV-light-hang-wall-using-MAGNETS.html Regards David
May 23rd 15 09:37 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
8 271
Spain hotel with analogue channels as well as digital. by David[_9_]
Just returned from Ibiza, Samsung 32" flat wide screen TV in room, 92 channels of various European countries Tv in digital and 13 on analogueEG the digital ones which included BBC world news, 2 USA news channels, Disney all in English and the rest European. The digital ones were correct 16x9 pictures, but the analogues ones where all letterbox with short fat people. Remote being in a hotel...
May 23rd 15 09:36 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 250
Post New Thread