Post New Thread
?Viva by tim.....
"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message ... Viva Freeview Channel 21 "Starts broadcasting at 9am". It's now 11.20am. What sort of channel can this be? On another planet? Not sure what you are asking, but in the new scheme, VIVA has just 2 hours of broadcasting from 9-11am, What the flip use that is to anybody, I have no idea
April 15th 15 11:09 AM
by Davey Go to last post
1 264
Any changes to broadcasting being promised? by David[_9_]
Thinking from the Freeview numbering post, Freesat mentioned too, are any of the politicians saying anything about the future of broadcasting in their offer of plans for the next five years? Regards David PS Lets keep to subject of Ratio and TV broadcasting please.
April 15th 15 07:56 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 220
Audio Factory info by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Those who use the BBC Radio iPlayer may find a new page at http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/BBC/AudioFactory/AudioFactory.html of interest. It is the result of recent discussions with some people at the BBC and sheds some light on the current developments. Note that things are still evolving and there are some outstanding areas that need clarification. I'll update the page when things change or some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 12th 15 09:15 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
14 419
Tuner in PC - follow up by David[_13_]
I've just ploughed through the original post again (but got lost in the C/C ++ programming bits) and still have questions: some of the reviews talk about (especially in Linux) having to delete all other DVB drivers/software to get a card to work. This makes me wonder if there are issues running two different cards in the same box. Has anyone encountered problems in this area? For DVB/S2 I...
April 11th 15 02:45 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
8 237
Victoria Derbyshire by Hugh Newbury
Yet another BBC mess-up. Why does she have to appear on BBC2 for 1hr45mins and also at the same time on BBC News? I'm an avid news listener/looker (dates from the war!) and miss the "Breaking ...". What rubbish they are. Hugh --
April 10th 15 10:36 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
4 279
Media Player that can play Windows Media Player WTV format by Mortimer
I record broadcast TV using Windows Media Player to WTV format - this preserves the subtitles and the metadata such as programme and episode titles and synopsis. I store it to a folder on my PC that is shared so it is accessible to other PCs or anything that can access a Windows network share. I'm looking for a Media Player that can access this shared drive and can play the WTV files from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 10th 15 10:06 AM
by Phi Go to last post
10 918
Female Bishops by Phi
Will they preside over a Bishopclit?
April 9th 15 11:01 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
4 198
from the housing association girl by Bill Wright[_2_]
"They have all had new faces and this has loosened their wires." Turned out the bungalows had had new fascia boards fitted and some of the tap-off lines, which ran along them, has been left loose. Bill
April 9th 15 10:11 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 90
BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded by Paul Ratcliffe
On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:18:19 +0000, JNugent wrote: You are the one backing the status quo, frightened to let go of the BBC's oppressive opower to take the money of consumers who don't even want their services. I am in favour of new, inventive, ways to allow people to pay for only what they want. By forcing people to take out other services they may not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 7th 15 08:56 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
32 431
A question about why some channels never put out AD by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I was just wondering how it is than channels like CBS Action and reality and horror and many other channels on Freeview never seem to use AD at all, even if say, Movie Mix screen one with AD originally its not available on the transmission. I was under the impression that after a certain time all channels had to do a certain amount of audio described TV. Have they found a loophole, and if...
April 7th 15 08:21 PM
by Stephen[_6_] Go to last post
7 335
exclamation marks by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:08:56 +0100, Tim+ wrote: But then you would have to start every sentence with so/like throughout. I even heard a mature person on the Today prog this morning starting every reply with 'so.' I heard the phrase "less policemen" this morning. Aaaaarrrgghh!
April 7th 15 07:02 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 231
Can't decide if this is real or a send up by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Bill Wright wrote: Jim Lesurf wrote: Still it helps Bill to keep people commenting on all the OT threads he starts on the same few things You go off topic often enough when it suits, Jim Lesurf, you old hippercrit you!
April 7th 15 06:56 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 156
BBC One .....The Ark by Ian
In message , Bill Wright writes Bob Latham wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: The difference is that CSA is frowned on by mainstream Christianity, whereas in another religion that's very popular it was practised by the prophet and is sanctioned in the holy book.
April 7th 15 04:22 PM
by Ian Go to last post
0 159
Wallace and Grommet by Bill Wright[_2_]
Is very good in HD. Bill
April 7th 15 09:50 AM
by Ian Go to last post
8 255
Got the wind up by Bill Wright[_2_]
Wind power today is working at around one two hundredth of installed capacity. So what? Installed capacity is only about 10GW, so the shortfall is easily made up. But what will happen in 2020 when we will have, by all accounts, 15% of all our energy (not just electricity) coming from wind? This 15% equates to around 30% of electricity supply or 20GW. On a still day we will lose 99.5% of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 15 07:30 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
10 312
Why have I done this? by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150404_033147.jpg Why have I done this? It is not for any suicidal or homicidal reason, not is it anything to do with generators or inverters. The application will be completely safe and sensible. Care to guess? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 5th 15 07:53 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
36 632
OT BBC Bias by Bill Wright[_2_]
Yesterday on PM there was an item about railway engineering works: "There are a few things that can strike terror in the heart and leave you sinking though your chair, and no I'm not talking about a UKIP/Tory coalition, I'm talking about railway engineering works." Not bad eh? Just thirty days or so before a General Election! Bill
April 5th 15 03:30 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 241
BBC Advertising by alan_m
The BBC often advertise their own offerings on TV between program breaks but what is the logic of advertising toady's upcoming weather when the advert contains 90% of the information you may want for the day but you have to wait 15 minutes for more detail. Paraphasing, some places will be overcast with temperatures of 10C, other places will see the sun which will push up the temperatures to...
April 5th 15 11:38 AM
by Dex[_3_] Go to last post
5 232
projecting an image by Bill Wright[_2_]
I need to project or otherwise place an image on a wooden board so I can paint it on the board by using it as a guide. I don't have an overhead projector. I have some transparent media for a laser printer and I have a 60 year old 6cm projector in the loft but I don't want to dig it out and the bulb will blow and the whole thing will be annoying. Isn't there some way the old painter guys used...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 5th 15 09:26 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
43 669
OT - Virgin Media Tivo by David[_13_]
Well, really probably on topic but not in line with most of the current posting ;-) Now the Virgin Media web site is so user aggressive (or I am so slow on the uptake) that I can't really work out what I can do with the Tivo and a home network. I have got as far as managing the Tivo from my Windows PC as long as I use Firefox and not Chrome (FFS why??). Not even a mention of IE.
April 4th 15 06:04 PM
by Lobster Go to last post
3 223
Post New Thread