Post New Thread
Test by Graham C
Seems I am unable to start a new thread. I can reply to existing threads. Will this appear ? GrahamC --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 15 01:25 PM
by Dick Go to last post
14 274
The Avengers by Graham C
The Avengers is currently being shown on True Entertainment. Watched episode 4/24 'A Sense of History' the other day and couldn't remember who one of the familiar face guests was. However he didn't appear in the credits and I then discovered that they were the credits for another episode which was shown a day or two later. That episode 4/26 'Honey for the Prince' had the same...
September 5th 15 12:01 AM
by Davey Go to last post
3 309
Optimo AV get protection for 1 year pay just 6 month price by Jack Hall
Optimo Antivirus, as a true warrior, fights with all types of malware and virus attacks in order to provide 100% protected system environment to the users. In this world where you are surrounded with millions of malware programs and there is always risk of getting your system infected, Optimo AV is emerged as a synonym to security with complete virus protection solution. Its unique features and...
September 2nd 15 04:23 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
5 306
Win 10 privacy defaults by Java Jive[_2_]
Bummer! I've just realised that I'm going to have to endure W10 on this laptop after all. W10 won't install on my old test P4s, so I have no other way of testing my website in Edge :-( On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 20:15:43 +0100, Java Jive wrote: After 24 hours, I've just rolled my laptop back from W10 to W7. There were a number of things I didn't like ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 15 11:27 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
19 552
Sainsbury, do keep up at the back! by Adrian Caspersz
Spotted a few days ago... http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/turnstyler/File%2029-08-2015%2014%2059%2048_zpseonf83rs.jpeg -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 1st 15 10:28 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
45 738
Interference by Brian-Gaff
I noticed the other day that one cannot use a portable DAB if a friends laptop is on charge. On fiddling with my scanner I notice that this power supply chucks out so much broadband hash, weak fm stations are clobbered, indeed its got birdies and wandering warbling noises from long wave all the way up to about 300 megs. Not unusual unfortunately. Why do these manufacturers not put in some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 31st 15 12:06 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
34 508
Entertainment Channel by Davey
I have been recording Salvage Squad, without watching any but the first couple that I noticed. Today, I saw that the most recent was a repeat of the first one that I have stored on the PVR, but it was 50 minutes long, whereas the first copy was 60 minutes long. Comparison of the two shows that the 50 minute one is chopped off before the end. Further investigation shows that I have four...
August 31st 15 11:17 AM
by Davey Go to last post
8 327
Disconnecting USB from TV? by Kenny
Have a 50" LG Smart TV which plays video files from a USB pen drive, problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to disconnect it before removing it like "safely remove hardware" in Windows. When I do this and put it in PC it tells me there's errors on it and insists on scanning it although no errors are found. There was no printed user manual with this TV, it's onscreen, but I can't see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 30th 15 07:29 PM
by Bob[_11_] Go to last post
14 519
memories of my youth by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/double%209%20BIII.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 29th 15 07:31 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
31 951
Small fence and gate project: disaster strikes (OT for digi tv) by Bill Wright[_2_]
As I was just finished the top gate, enjoying the beautiful sunny day, the downpour started. It was instant heavy rain, no warning. And the lightning cracked not too far away. Under trees and working on a long metal fence wire I legged it. No option. I paused only to pull a tarpaulin over the barrow full of power tools, but before I reached the house the hurricane had taken the tarp off,...
August 28th 15 11:14 PM
by Davey Go to last post
7 275
freesat boxes by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I bought a 40 Manhattan box to join and try freesat and now I am thinking of upgrading to a box that records. I can only see Humax boxes. Are there any other makes I should consider? I could not find much about the differences between the Humax models. Am I right to think the 1000 only had wifi if you bought a separate
August 28th 15 12:47 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
9 458
Weeping for long-gone days by Indy Jess John
On 09/08/2015 20:40, Paul Ratcliffe wrote: On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 19:40:56 +0100, wrote: Andy Pandy (who I thought was a girl, fooled by the narrators voice I suppose) The Woodentops Tails of the Riverbank (Which was boring) Bill and Ben Damn, that's only four, I don't want to cheat with Google, and I know
August 28th 15 11:28 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
5 178
So what changed, blowed if I can tell by Brian-Gaff
The nag messages about today, and I've yet to see anything different. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
August 27th 15 05:51 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
4 226
Sound Anomaly on Samsung LED TV by Ash Burton
I have recently purchased a new Samsung UE40 series TV. I have found a strange anomaly with the sound output i.e, when i am watching a programme from an external source e.g SKY TV or video, i seem to be getting background 'crosstalk' from whatever Terrestrial TV channel i was previously watching (and the TV is still set to). I have temporarily overcome this annoying situation by selecting an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 27th 15 01:53 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
23 507
Met Office - you're fired by Scott[_2_]
News reports this morning suggest that the contract with the Met Office will not be renewed. There was an item on 'Broadcasting House' about this. I'm not quite sure what is going on. The wording is that the contract has not been renewed. The suggestion is that there will be a new supplier. But will the Met Office still be able to bid for the new contract. The BBC say they are legally...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 26th 15 12:19 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
51 1,006
Oh no not more retuning! by Brian-Gaff
Just put my Goodmans box on to be told I might need to refresh my channels on 25th Sept. What are they up to now? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 26th 15 09:53 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
15 489
Sony bravia with "broken" video processor by Deanna Earley
Hello all. I have a Sony KDF-E50A12U rear projection TV that I have comprehensively broken via the service menu. It used to work fine, and had to go in to the service menu to make a few tweaks to handle PAL60, which worked fine. As is my nature, I was trying to make it a bit better and did "something" that cause the bottom 3/4 of the display to blank out for all inputs and formats. I have no...
August 24th 15 02:35 PM
by Deanna Earley Go to last post
8 513
weather stations by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone have knowledge or experience of the little weather stations that transmit to the indoor unit? I have one here that transmits continuously on 868.3MHz which seems odd because I'd expect it to run the battery down (and the thing is meant to be high up so changing the battery is a nuisance.) Also the base unit doesn't find it when it scans for it. Ideas anyone? The unit I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 24th 15 01:19 PM
by charles Go to last post
27 799
Lengthy T&C's for Smart devices by Adrian Caspersz
me_wonders Why are there more words to study in the manufacturer's T&Cs of a typical smart device compared to that in the user agreement with an ISP? /me_wonders -- Adrian C
August 23rd 15 06:50 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 266
Met Office - you're fired by Phi
+ACI-Jim GM4DHJ ...+ACI- +ADw-jim.gm4dhj+AEA-ntlworld.com+AD4- wrote in message news:2AjCx.194327+ACQ-i22.187976+AEA-fx05.am4... +AD4- +AD4APg- +AD4- just look outside.... Feeling one's seaweed
August 23rd 15 01:51 PM
by Phi Go to last post
0 234
Post New Thread