Post New Thread
depth of field in Downton Abbey by Bill Wright[_2_]
Just been watching it, on and off. Even in shots where the two characters are almost equidistant from the camera one or the other is significantly out of focus. It seems rather odd. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 22nd 15 04:41 PM
by NY Go to last post
12 317
Securing TV bracket bolts though cheese by Adrian Caspersz
It's a 30kg television that I'm at pains to mount properly with 10mm anchor bolts into a solid brick wall, except there is 40mm Kingspan foam insulation and finished plasterboard sandwiched between. I'm looking for some cheap / easy to deploy (read circular) solid spacer material as I'm not keen on putting force on the plasterboard / foam combo and risking it cracking. The TV screen will be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 22nd 15 11:30 AM
by newshound[_3_] Go to last post
20 508
Rejuvinating remote controls. by Brian-Gaff
Some time ago I spoke about the old set top boxes given to blind people on digital switchover losing their use due to multiple buttons on their remotes stopping working. it seems that not many so called replacements of the learning kind will work either, so I gave a dud one to a friend who is good at fixing stuff. It is now working again, and the reason? The top mat with the buttons on it...
September 22nd 15 11:14 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 148
Can Humax make a bug free set top box? by [email protected]
Or at least one without a major show stopper in it? Has an HDR 2000T for a few months and already the damn thing has developed a fault whereby if you leave it in pause mode for around an hour then come back and unpause it you'll find you have no sound. At all. The only solution is a hard reset by pulling the plug! Thats on top of the mystery of the missing hard drive bug that also requires a hard...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 21st 15 02:36 PM
by Ian Go to last post
39 578
Why is it... by Graham.[_5_]
....that with every successive TV I own, the volume control graphic becomes larger and more intrusive. It now looks like the "roof appeal" barometer on the side of a church. Does anyone, other than those with hearing loss, find this remotely useful? (See what I did there?) Couldn't there be a menu option to turn it off?
September 19th 15 05:09 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
3 184
Rugby "atmosphere" sound by Andy Burns[_9_]
Are they using some sort of wide stereo effect? I'm watching/listening on internal speakers of a smallish Samsung set, without any "fancy" audio features turned on, stray crowd sounds keep appearing to come a different corner of the room to the set, almost like a kid going by on roller-skates outdoors, quite disjoint from the main audio.
September 19th 15 12:32 PM
by Andy Burns[_9_] Go to last post
0 199
Somehow, the term UHD reminds me of something elseentirely.... by Brian-Gaff
September 11, 2015 RELEASE 15-183 NASA, Harmonic Launch First Non-Commercial UHD Channel in North America NASA is partnering with Harmonic, a worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure, to launch NASA TV UHD, the first ever non-commercial consumer ultra-high definition (UHD) channel in North America. The partnership is the
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 15 06:54 AM
by Jimbo /p Go to last post
12 358
4k TV on Freesat or Freeview? by Michael Chare[_5_]
4K TVs are becoming available and more reasonable prices and there are some 4k internet streaming channels. So when, if ever, will any of the Freesat or Freeview channels convert to 4K? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 10:04 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
156 4,928
Last night of the proms - HD sound out of sync by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just watching the Last Night of the Proms. Lip sync is definitely out on BBC1HD, but ok on SD. Sound slightly leads video. This is with a Panasonic PVR DMR-HWT130. Anyone else notice this? -- Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 03:38 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
38 1,126
Horizon disappointing by Brian-Gaff
Last night there was supposed to be a Horizon talking about the universes dark ages and all that stuff. The actual content could have been dealt with in about 15 minutes. Instead it rambled on for almost an hour going over the same stuff apparently with some arty farty pointless animations and lots of choral singing and people who sounded like they were talking down drainpipes. What a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 03:32 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
35 559
Unusual place for a Yagi by ureds
Spotted on a recent trip to Glencoe, pointed at Ballachulish which is about a mile to the north. https://goo.gl/maps/9YyII maybe the property over the road is using it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 15 03:05 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
38 632
exhaust senser by Gary[_4_]
Not tv but you guys are normally practical, I need to mount a lambda sender in a 125 cc exhaust system . Any ideas? Thanks Gary
September 15th 15 08:17 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
1 192
Seen in Venice last week... by Graham.[_5_]
....but might be more at home on the planet Venus. I saw at least one other like it on route to Marco Polo airport. https://flic.kr/p/yijciW Perhaps someone could describe it for Brian, I tried, but I can't quite do it justice! --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 15th 15 09:59 AM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
11 247
Proms last night. by Brian Gaff
BBC4. The history of Swing. Seemed to me that it was quite a good effort audio wise considering the acoustics of the RAH. However the dynamic of the music was much greater in the second half than the first, but I still found the drums and cymbals wer a bit down in the mix and compressed compared to the rest. Of course in such a life situation it can get very difficult to balance things and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 15 06:39 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
53 951
Slightly OT - Memory Upgrade by Eddie King[_2_]
Hi all, apologies for what is slightly OT, but being a longtime reader of this NG I value the expertise on offer. My slightly ageing PC has an MSI Motherboard MS7592 6.0 with 4 GB DDR3 memory which I would like to upgrade to 8GB. OS is win7 64-Bit. The specs on the MSI site say that my MB will take DDR3 memory modules 800, 1066 or 1333 overclocked. What does this mean. Most memory on offer...
September 14th 15 10:34 AM
by Andy Furniss[_3_] Go to last post
8 219
'Look East' tonight by Davey
Subject: Tour of Britain Cycle Race, tomorrow. Talking about riding on the cobblestones of Norwich: "Interviewer: What happens if it rains?" "Guest (deadpan): They get wet." Best response ever!
September 14th 15 06:30 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
6 505
Arise News by Pinnerite[_2_]
When I could only get a message indicating that all was not well for a second day, I checked the website. Wow! Staff and rent not paid etc. It is unbelievable. I found it slotted in well beside Al Jazeera, Skye and of course the BBC and ITV services. I am disappointed.
September 11th 15 12:13 PM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
0 196
Dr Foster BBC1 by David[_9_]
Could you follow the dialog? We had difficulty in parts, Regards David
September 10th 15 10:44 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
4 918
Wales can do it why not in Yorkshire by David[_9_]
Can never understand the BBC and how they decide things. Been on holiday in Wales in my caravan with a HD TV set, 101 was BBC1 HD and watched the 6pm evening news and at 6:30 expected the program to go off whilst local news on as it does at home in Yorkshire. It did not local news came on in HD. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 7th 15 11:41 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 397
re Madingley (Cambs) Local TV MUX channel number?. by tony sayer
Does anyone know what this is please?. There doesn't seem to be owt on the Ofcom website anywhere.... -- Tony Sayer
September 7th 15 09:44 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
5 312
Post New Thread