Post New Thread
Is there HD and HD? by PeterC
I've noticed a couple of things with (Freesat) HD: On, e.g., Countryfile, the pieces to camera during intros and in buildings are good; the pieces 'out in the countryside' seem almost like upscaled SD at best When deleting an HD recording, an hour from BBC goes more quickly than the same from C4 or ITV. This suggests a difference in file size. I haven't really quantified it, but it's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
41 712
Letter to Look North by Rod Speed
Bill Wright wrote Rod Speed wrote Presenters read a script. They can't when they are interviewing 'guests' Course they can. The whole thing is discussed in advance. "I'll ask this, then you say that. . ."
July 31st 15 11:55 PM
by Rod Speed Go to last post
6 219
Humax Foxsat-HDR 500: Some Menu options unselectable by Maurice[_3_]
Just noticed some unselectable options in the Menu list: (1) Although the icon for the 3rd component of Menu (Setup; satdish) shows, scrolling down/up the Menu list skips past it! (2) In the 4th item (System) the Diagnostics and HDD control options are greyed out, so unselectable. (3) In the 2nd item (Edit Channels), only "Edit FAbourite List" is selectable (other 2 are greyed out).
July 31st 15 10:38 AM
by Maurice[_3_] Go to last post
5 309
Freeview updates do annoy me. by David[_9_]
Got messages on Freeview box and TV set today saying "New Service Added" or "please re-scan" I find it annoying that Freeview send no message to just what they have done. It could be just another Shopping channel added that I would never watch on the other hand might just be a channel that I would really enjoy but I will never know it is there. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 15 08:34 AM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
10 636
What units? by Davey
There is one of those 'Destroyed in Seconds' programmes on Quest right now. The first item I saw showed a dragster crash. The subtitles gave distances, speeds etc in Imperial units, but the commentary used metric units. Most confusing. Soon after Canada changed to metric, I was at the Hope Slide, a place in British Columbia where some years before there had been a terrible landslide. There was a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 15 10:31 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
90 2,379
To brighten your day by Bill Wright[_2_]
These pics are not edited or sorted. I have not reduced their file sizes or done anything else to make them palatable to those on dial up. This is in fact a zero-effort attempt by me to bring a little amusement into your life. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gckm9lhvhnntg3/AAB-1497xSuQeK8ttUX7owI7a?dl=0 I hope that link works. Sometimes I find Dropbox links to folders don't. Bill
July 30th 15 09:45 AM
by Davey Go to last post
7 261
How Sheffield Live show an imported programme by Bill Wright[_2_]
The programme is 16:9 so first they squash it to 4:3 of course. Then they're left with black borders up the sides, so they fill them with a sort of stretched version of the edges of the picture. The programme, incidentally, is US left wing...
July 30th 15 08:23 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
7 241
Joy is unconfined by Bill Wright[_2_]
Peter Crosland wrote: On 28/07/2015 04:53, Bill Wright wrote: I'm back! Bill Where have you been and are you going regale us with a humorous account of your travels?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 29th 15 11:56 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 142
Joy is unconfined by Davey
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 04:53:08 +0100 Bill Wright wrote: I'm back! Bill Unconfined, or unconfirmed? g We await information with bated breath (that's after the pickled
July 28th 15 11:48 AM
by Davey Go to last post
0 49
Joy is unconfined by Brian-Gaff
It has been done to almost every other profession I guess. After Boris the Mayor got fined the other day for carring his wife on his bike, a new show of trafic violations called getting away with it could well be next. The idea is that the person who can do something bad on the road for the longest without getting caught gets their points back. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply...
July 28th 15 10:55 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 142
Vision buzz by Brian Gaff
I don't believe it, to coin a well known saying. My set top box has started to give the old fashioned vision buzz common to older tvs which changes with picture content. It never used to do this. Its really irritating on screens of textual info apparently. I have disconnected it from any tvs and just have the audio taken though a scart adaptor. I suspect its the old drying out capacitor...
July 27th 15 12:59 PM
by Phi Go to last post
6 206
OT, Periscope TV by David[_9_]
A person I "Follow" on Twitter is now using something called Periscope TV on her Mobile and it comes up on her Twitter as a video recording. It is obvious that people were viewing live and commenting during it by means of typed "chat" Anyone know of this Periscope system and is there a download of the system into my Windows desktop? Regards David
July 27th 15 10:50 AM
by Peter Johnson[_4_] Go to last post
8 595
Picture break up HD Emley Moor? by Steph[_2_]
I have a Samsung 22" Freeview HD smart Tv, its about 8 months old. I find the picture is breaking up on the HD mux when connected to the main aerial. Its fed via RF2 of a sky box, but still has the problem when its straight in the roof aerial. Ive tried a 24db attenuator and with a further 12db in series, still no better. Signal strength is 98% with quality at 100% but every 10 to 20 seconds...
July 26th 15 07:35 PM
by Steph[_2_] Go to last post
5 390
Red buuton advert BBC R2 today by David[_9_]
This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED button on any BBC TV program. The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red button does nothing. Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 25th 15 09:56 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
28 644
Pinging Brian Gaff: Ofcom EPG consultation for the visually impaired by Mark Carver
From Ofcom's mailing list: Ofcom has today published a consultation on ways to make on-screen TV guides more accessible to visually impaired people. Previous research suggests people with visual impairments watch a similar amount of TV as other people. On-screen TV guides (known as electronic programme guides, or EPGs) help people plan their viewing and discover new programmes. But people...
5 280
Missing channels by Pinnerite[_2_]
We have a Samsung widescreen smart TV. It picks up all the channels. We also have a smaller TV in our kitchen that does not pick up any of the channels in the 130 series of numbers. I know that it doesn't have a T2 tuner but surely not all those channels are on multiplexes requiring a T2 tuner? --
July 21st 15 04:30 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
3 127
What units? by Phi
+ACI-Paul Cummins+ACI- +ADw-agree2pay4uce+AEA-spam.vlaad.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:memo.20150721091822.2148b+AEA-postmaster.cix.co.uk... +AD4- In article +ADw-s8trqaldt1sq6cfrl4u8p1m3tno917lpdb+AEA-4ax.com+AD4-, me+AEA-privacy.net +AD4- (Chris Hogg) wrote: +AD4- +AD4APg- It really irritates me when text written with imperial units has then +AD4APg- been metricated, and says things like...
July 21st 15 12:44 PM
by Charles Hope Go to last post
2 208
4OD(All4)? by Kenny
I have an LG Smart TV with Freeview, Freesat & internet on it, also an EE TV box but can't get 4OD (All4) on any of them! Have googled it and not come up with an answer, can anyone here help? Kenny Cargill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 15 08:19 AM
by Ian Go to last post
17 1,523
Freeview Prog Guide on Sandy Heath not working today by Clive Page[_4_]
Today the Freeview programme guide that we receive from Sandy Heath has no information for the next 7 days for many BBC channels - has anyone else found that? A couple of days ago the iPlayer stopped working on our Panasonic TV because of some change - I've no idea what. But then somebody fixed something so it was back the next day. I guess its the time of year when the people who really...
July 19th 15 08:57 AM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
2 212
Virgin Tivo box - set to record future show? by David[_13_]
If you know the first episode of a show is due to start in 5 days time, can you set a series record option now? I guess this is basically a question of how far into the future the Virgin Tivo EPG can see in general, and if there are any clever options. TIA Dave R
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 15 11:06 AM
by tim..... Go to last post
10 333