Post New Thread
Local DAB vs distant DAB reception..... by [email protected]
Hi, I find if I put up a omnidirectional DAB dipole, I can get 3 local ensembles, Oxford, Northants and HBB on chs 10B, 10C and 10D as well as the national BBC and digital 1 ensembles at 11D and 12B. Unsurprisingly the more distant ensembles do not come in. If I put up a directional high gain DAB yagi aerial pointed towards London, I can get CE digital On 12C, Switch digital on 12A and DRG...
April 25th 15 01:04 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 254
Norway switching off FM.....are we next ? by Phi
https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/radio-digitisation-in-2017/id2406145/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 24th 15 09:05 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
48 666
London Marathon by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Oh deary me, that is on again this Sunday. I wonder if the talkback will be on analogue that I can receive this year. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
April 23rd 15 10:08 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
9 294
computer slow by Mr Pounder
"Woody" wrote in message ... No comment made about temp files and cookies. Download Glary Utils, select one click maintenance, deselect Registry cleaner and Disk repair and run it. You will be amazed what it finds. You could also download Smart Defrag 2 and leave that going overnight. I looked into that. AVG picked up on a...
April 22nd 15 06:53 PM
by Mr Pounder Go to last post
0 160
Imigration of reptiles? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
In our local paper it said that a lizard was found in a local park which came from African deserts. They were at a loss how it got here. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 15 08:37 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
17 372
Freeview lets move da channels again.. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
So what are they up to this time. 5USA suggests its going to move to ch 21 on Wednesday, while a new channel called Spike or similar (why) is going to start, as if we do not have enough already, and does this mean the demise of Viva at last, which has had identity issues for some time. Is this the brodcasting equivelent of a supermarket moving its stock around or what? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 15 06:37 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
40 863
accent peculiarity by Graham Murray
the dog from that film you saw writes: Can you imagine the outcry there would have been if they had used a white actor made up black? So none of the 'Golden Oldie' stations will be showing episodes of the "Black and White Minstrel Show" then. :)
April 21st 15 12:35 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
0 223
Watching Youtube using VLC by NY
In the latest (15-28 April 2015) edition of Computer Active magazine there is an article (page 52) that refers to being able to watch Youtube videos in VideoLan VLC. It says (I'm paraphrasing) 1. Copy the URL from Youtube to the clipboard 2. Open VLC 3. Media | Open Network Stream 4. Paste URL into "PLease enter a network URL" field
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 21st 15 11:44 AM
by NY Go to last post
14 635
What to do with cracked LED screen? by Jaffna Dog
My father-in-law bought a 42-inch 'LG' LED TV, to take to the family in Sri Lanka, carrying it as checked hold baggage, and then across the country in the luggage compartment of a coach. Unsurprisingly, when they unpacked it, from improvised packaging, apparently keeping it in the original box would mean having to pay import duty, the screen had several cracks in it, and it did not produce a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 15 11:14 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
25 531
Subtitle woes by Davey
Suddenly, the BBC seems to be having a repetitive problem with its subtitles, in that they stop for several seconds, while the conversation continues onscreen, and then suddenly all the missing words suddenly scream through at once, so that the whole lot is missed completely. This happened at least three times during the forty minute programme of Graham Norton, and it happened during the Formula...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 15 08:30 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
14 343
mux 8 by Bill Wright[_2_]
Mux 8 has appeared on ch34 from Emley. Blank carrier. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 20th 15 10:16 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
44 756
Singing aerials by Brian Gaff[_2_]
What is the best way to stop aerials from singing in winds from certain directions. OK blocking up the ends of masts can be one way to sort some of the noised, but I can hear one from across the road so goodness knows what it must sound like inside thehouse. I remember when I had my rotator on the roof how it sounded inside, so... My feeling is that most modern aerials are of flimsy...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 15 08:50 AM
by NY Go to last post
17 271
Home made Tri Boom Yagi by Mark Carver
Spotted today https://www.dropbox.com/s/6aogrh2e2a2tstx/tri-boom-yagi.JPG?dl=0 -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
April 20th 15 12:38 AM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
1 207
Realism? Ha! by Bill Wright[_2_]
The realism of tonight's Wallace and Grommett was ruined for me by the slightly inaccurate depiction of the TV aerials in the distance, in one brief scene near the end. The magic evaporated in that instant. I don't pay my TV licence in order to see such sloppiness. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 19th 15 01:38 PM
by Ian Go to last post
47 581
PVR with DVD and VCR by David[_12_]
Is there still such a beast still being made. David --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 18th 15 05:47 PM
by alan_m Go to last post
10 381
Spike by Woody[_5_]
Has anyone looked at it yet. Its content is bad enough but what prat came up with that ridiculously large DOG and in the top right corner as well? -- Woody harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 17th 15 05:32 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
20 455
Digital streaming, politicians. etc. by David[_13_]
I have this hazy memory of, I think, Cameron pontificating about the wonders of next generation networks. Gigiabit per second or more, and you can download a complete film in virtually no time at all. Which is a load of low hanging hairy stuff at the moment. What brought this on is my decision to download the latest Formula 1 episodes from the BBC on iPlayer.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 15 08:01 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 479
Not sure if BBC iPlayer likes Spartan by Phi
I notice a delay in web page delivery and one click for channels does not work, sometimes 2 or 3 clicks is required to get channels to show.
April 16th 15 10:05 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 284
Lost subtitles by Davey
I turned on 'Hardtalk' on BBC1 early this morning, and turned off the sound so as not to disturb the wife. The subtitles started, and then after a couple of minutes, just stopped. Once it was clear that they were not coming back, I switched to BBC News on Ch. 130, which shares the same programming at night, and there they were, just as they should have been on BBC1. How does this happen, the same...
April 15th 15 08:23 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
4 264
?Viva by Woody[_5_]
"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message ... Viva Freeview Channel 21 "Starts broadcasting at 9am". It's now 11.20am. What sort of channel can this be? On another planet? Viva has been ditched on Freeview as of today. 5USA is moving from 31 to 21, and 31 will carry the new station Spike.
April 15th 15 11:47 AM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
1 139
Post New Thread