Post New Thread
STV local set to move into BBC3 slot by Scott[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35134223 I assume this is just a renumbering of the epg, not adding to the HD multiplex and broadcasting throughout Scotland? What will happen to the space on the BBC A multiplex when BBC Three goes, now that the Trust has refused BBC One +1?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 23rd 15 10:27 PM
by Alan White[_3_] Go to last post
14 318
FIFA advert. by Davey
Just seen an advert. for The FIFA Experience on XBox. Does it come loaded with full bribes, bungs, 1st Class air travel and hotels, and all the other accoutrements to which Sepp was familiar? -- Davey.
December 23rd 15 11:45 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
2 236
The Lighthouse Stevensons - Appalling Technical Quality by Java Jive[_2_]
SD download, almost every seascape breaking up into squares, even B&W shots. -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html http://www.macfh.co.uk/Macfarlane/Macfarlane.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 15 05:24 PM
by Davey Go to last post
11 292
Update on reception at 51.5882N 0.6243E by Geoff Clare
In case anyone who helped me around mid-November in my "Reception at 51.5882N 0.6243E" thread is interested, here's an update: After moving in, I checked whether I could get a signal from the old aerial and was pleasantly surprised that it was quite watchable. Just the occasional glitch. A few days later I did get bad break-up on one programme, but the same programme a week later was fine, so I...
December 22nd 15 01:55 PM
by Geoff Clare Go to last post
2 178
BBC free advertising by Kinnell
I see the new Star Wars film is being ravished by the BBC.
December 21st 15 10:49 AM
by Ian Go to last post
2 162
Ofcom delays mobile spectrum auction by Java Jive[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34994852 -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html http://www.macfh.co.uk/Macfarlane/Macfarlane.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 15 07:11 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
40 544
Amazon Kodi firestick by Norman Rowing[_2_]
Just looking at one of these which on the face of it seems to offer BT Sports and Sky movies for free. Does it and is it legal?
December 20th 15 04:53 PM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
6 432
UKTV channels FTA on Satellite by tim.....
Yesterday, Drama and Really have popped up in my Freesat list When did that happen? tim
December 18th 15 07:50 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
7 210
Weird ch100 by Brian-Gaff
Now I read the thread on this, but here is an odd one. Although you can up and down to this channel, if you enter 100 it says invalid change error. Please reselect or press tv etc. I knew my box was losing the will to live. brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
December 18th 15 06:26 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
3 183
Warning: there is flash photography in this report by Bill Wright[_3_]
Why not get rid of it before broadcast? Electronic flash is of very short duration; much less than the maximum exposure time of one video frame. So, they could insert a device/program that would look for a frame with much more brightness than the previous one, and would replace that frame with that previous one, or with the following one. This could even be done on live broadcasts. So, why...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 18th 15 08:35 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
21 473
I need to generate composite video from a computer.. by Brian-Gaff
I'm getting a new machine soon and the video has sockets fro vga 9pin, hdmi and some other odd standard, but I really do not need a monitor very often, and at present my old clunker machine has also got a phono socket which generates composite video. Are there any plug in adaptors that might allow me to still use the composite input on, my tv for the odd time I need a display? I know...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 15 02:36 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
11 290
British paid astronauts by Kinnell
I thought Sarah Brightman was going to be our next astronaut.
December 16th 15 02:11 PM
by Kenny Cargill Go to last post
4 187
TV by JohnT[_11_]
Would the picture quality of my new TV improve significantly if I were to replace the fuse with one of these? http://www.russandrews.com/ra-10-a-superfuse-single/ -- JohnT
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 16th 15 01:29 PM
by Graham C Go to last post
39 560
DAB radio multiplexes. by Ian Field
Is there any correlation between DAB multiplex frequencies and the old band III channel frequencies? Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 15 11:29 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
11 286
wifi signal cancellation due to reflections indoors by Bill Wright[_3_]
The presence of 'dead zones' indoors due to signal cancellation by reflections is well known for UHF TV and for VHF radio, but seems to be much less noticeable for wifi signals. Discuss. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 15th 15 09:13 PM
by You won't killfile me Go to last post
41 727
Common sense prevails over York Local TV Tx by Mark Carver
From:- http://www.a516digital.com/2015/12/better-coverage-for-york-local-tv.html Quote:- Originally, local channel /Hello York /was due to broadcast on Freeview from the transmitter at Bilsdale West Moor, to the north of the city. It's the transmitter from where the Tyne Tees version of ITV is broadcast from. Despite its proximity to York, most viewers in the area
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 15 10:39 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
13 331
[OT] ULD screen by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Ultra-low definition. Thought some of the more nerdy techie amongst us might like this link that I came across. For Brian's benefit, it's using an Arduino board (a small, 16MHz board amount 2inches x 1inch) to drive 1920 LEDs to produce a low definition display using LED scripts. These LED strips consist of a number of RGB (tripple) LEDs, each of which can be individually programmed over a...
December 14th 15 08:24 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
3 242
Christmas cheer by Woody[_5_]
One of the best yet? It's safe, lasts just over 2 minutes, and you need sound. It took a team of cashiers, 13 different hidden cameras and a whole lot Christmas spirit to pull off this epic holiday surprise! Edeka, Germany's largest supermarket chain, decided to surprise its shoppers with a seasonal treat. In an attempt to liven up the otherwise boring chore of grocery shopping, these...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 15 09:13 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
10 400
reverse autocorrect by Bill Wright[_3_]
I get texts from my kids in which there has been a nonsensical autocorrect, and the sender hasn't bothered to put it right. Often the whole message becomes indecipherable. What we need is a program that will reverse engineer autocorrected words. Today and yesterday I have received: Cans any word off the bag This wreck is not going to plan
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 15 07:35 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
85 1,075
pull out the choke by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20151204_122603.jpg I never really expect this to work. This time it was a recurrence of a problem we had a few years ago: interference from a PSU in a CCTV camera housing getting back to the HDR and putting lines on the (analogue) outputs. It worked this time, almost perfectly. The interference went from very bad to scarcely visible. Fewer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 15 06:13 PM
by Mike Tomlinson[_2_] Go to last post
50 839