Post New Thread
An "All 4 and tablets" rant by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Just an FYI before you make the same mistake as me. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab for which there are 'All 4', 'ITV Player etc apps. I've just bought a Samsung 'dongle' that allows me to display the tablet's screen via HDMI on a TV - but not 'All 4'. For reasons that only Channel4 know, the 'All 4' applet specifically blocks attempts to show it on the TV, putting up a message proudly...
January 12th 16 02:08 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 302
Ultimate cost saving? by [email protected]
I've just bought a new Sony TV. Unpacked it, looked for an instruction book like the comprehensive one that came with the old Sony.There's no book, just a single sheet of paper covering several different TV models and 21 different languages, showing how to fit the table stand - nothing at all about wall fixing, nothing at all about connections and setting it up. Fitted the wall bracket from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 12th 16 12:59 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
114 1,079
Miracast/WiDi? by Kenny Cargill
Acer laptop and LG Smart TV, when laptop had Win 8.1 was able to "Project" what was on laptop screen to TV. Since upgrading to Win 10, clean install on a new SSD, can't "Project" but can "cast to device" audio and video files provided the TV has codecs for that file type. Using Win 8.1 Miracast/WiDi had been a bit flaky and unreliable, I thought maybe it would work better in Win 10 but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 16 12:05 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
16 608
BAFTA LA by Davey
1. Why is BAFTA in LA? 2. Who is Amy Schumer? 3. Why is Amy Schumer? -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 16 10:29 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
18 356
BBC deliberately distorts the audio? by Bill Wright[_3_]
On PM last night there was an interview about the mass sexual assaults by immigrants in Germany on New Year's Eve. Now, my suspicions of bias and cover-up were aroused when this story broke on the internet on New Year's Day but didn't appear on the BBC until much later, but this interview (36.55) had the most awful audio quality. I would have thought that if the BBC wanted us to hear what...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 16 10:39 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 631
Amy Winehouse program breaks by Tim+[_4_]
We recorded the prog on our Humax and on playing it back tonight. At every commercial break the screen has cut abruptly to black with a nasty crackle through the speakers. Never had this before. Anyone else had this when playing back the recording? Anyone watch it live? Just wondering if our newish AV amp is in any way to blame. Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 16 11:31 AM
by Ian Go to last post
16 314
The technology has improved, but what about the design? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just got a Panasonic TX-55CX680B to replace the 7-years old 37" Panny. Works well, setup straightforward. But I wonder why manufacturers don't think a little bit more about the practicalities. 1. I feel sorry for those with no DIY skills and who can't use (or don't have) a Pozi screwdriver. Out of the box you need to assemble the stand by screwing it together, and then screwing it to the TV....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 16 11:19 AM
by Ian Go to last post
42 549
Things are getting silly now by Phi
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 16 10:07 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
10 539
Jericcccco by Brian-Gaff
I understand this is a new series on the itv. I do hope its not supposed to be in biblical times as the voice I heard on the trailer sounded pretty north of England to me, I was waiting for ee by gum. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 16 04:05 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
27 481
Russ does it again! by JohnT[_11_]
Some fantastic bargains. Russ has done us proud again! http://www.russandrews.com/winter-promotions/?page=all Where else could you by a Mini Purifier Euro SuperClamp for a measly 75.50? -- JohnT
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 9th 16 11:52 AM
by tim..... Go to last post
59 724
New Year Sponsored by Rolex. by Brian-Gaff
So there I was at 7pm on BBC 4 on new years day, and the concert started from Austria. I was shocked to hear, many times that it was sponsored by Rolex. This is the BBC man! You cannot advertise on there! I found out on there that the Vienna Boys Choir now accepts girls, which seems a little odd considering the name, but I have to say the engineering was very good. a realistic dynamic range...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 7th 16 11:20 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
29 388
Interesting by Me
January 6th 16 09:35 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
5 234
OT Facebook by Bill Wright[_3_]
This is really me testing Thunderbird, which hasn't been working for a while. But anyway, amongst all the other ephemera and detritus flying around in a totally random pattern in my brain like the leaves and the grandchildren in the garden, is a thought that I will attempt to explain below. I used Facebook for a while. I only got into it because someone I was doing a bit of work for wanted...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 5th 16 07:34 PM
by critcher[_5_] Go to last post
29 455
Illegal Advertisement by Java Jive[_2_]
Don't you love it when IT tries to be too clever, and ends up getting it spectacularly wrong ... Qu: How many cells does a baby have? An: ... about between 430 billion and 4.3 trillion cells. Ad: * Human Babies Sale Idealprice.co.uk/Human-Babies Up To 70% Off Human Babies. Compare And Save.
January 5th 16 04:14 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
1 190
Digital TV in Weston by Dickie mint[_2_]
Spent Christmas in a budget hotel in Weston Super Mare. One joke allowed! and we saw the sea in three times - bonus?! Hotel TVs had a problem. Weston sees Mendip, Wenvoe and Stockland Hill. Added problem is that Wenvoe and Mendip channels are interleaved in same frequencies. Some rooms had BBC1 West on channel 1, some BBC Wales and others BBC1 South West. Hotel staff had no idea of how...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 16 02:55 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
14 434
KB3035583 by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
If you have Windows 7 and get an optional update, check what it is. I got KB3035583 today - again - and marked it as "Do not show" - again. I've killed this one several times but it keeps coming back. It's the one that puts that little square "Upgrade to Windows 10" icon near the bottom right of the screen. If there is anybody in your household who might click it accidentally and initiate an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 16 02:52 AM
by David Livingstone Go to last post
52 786
The Heroes of Telemark by Bill Wright[_3_]
Why was it blurred? Why could I see PAL-style chroma patterning when I watched in HD? Why was the sound poor? Surely better prints are available of this famous film. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 16 04:55 PM
by Ian Go to last post
19 334
Borrowed from another place by Kinnell
January 3rd 16 09:22 PM
by Andy Burns[_9_] Go to last post
3 196
12 Miles - The Narrow Sea: Missing episode on iPlayer by Java Jive[_2_]
12 Miles - The Narrow Sea http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pbpg3 Whatever happened to Episode 3? It's never been available via iPlayer. Does anyone know why? -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html
January 3rd 16 06:48 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
2 203
Domestic mysteries solved or deferred by Bill Wright[_3_]
1. The living room telly feeds its audio into a pre-amp, which feeds a power amp, which feeds two speakers. The right channel started acting funny. Distortion on loud passages and a general reduction in volume. I suspected the power amp, and wasn't too worried because it's one of a pair originally used in bridged mode, one for each channel, and the other one is OK. I turned the pre-amp round...
January 2nd 16 05:07 PM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
2 206
Post New Thread