Post New Thread
Measuring signal strength by AnthonyL
Someone pointed me to this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philex-27867R-Digital-Signal-Strength/dp/B001GXQUNQ For casual and occasional use any views? -- AnthonyL
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 26th 15 02:52 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
44 817
Jeckyl & Hyde not recording on Humax? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Anyone else having this problem? Last week's (15th) was cancelled but showed up as a zero-length recording on my HDR-FOX T2 but this week's (22nd) also showed up as zero length. I used the FTP server to have a look in case it was the old 'BBC3/4 broken indexing' issue but there really was nothing there other than a minimal 'placeholder' file. Paul DS.
November 25th 15 06:20 PM
by Tim Jones[_2_] Go to last post
5 322
POOR INSTALLATION & SERVICE by Welly
Following is the text of a letter written by me on 16th November 2003. To date I have only received an acknowledgement stating that I would get a reply when all parties concerned had conferred. Am I unreasonable with either my original letter, or in thinking that I should have heard more by now? To: Skyforce Ltd
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 24th 15 08:21 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
20 572
Our future king is a cretin by Brian-Gaff
However of course if you believe the conspiracy theories, Diana was killed to stop her having amuslim child. I have no problem with Islam a rule. Its those who bring over their hate and ways they treat women that get my got. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
November 24th 15 02:28 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 139
Movies for Men (Freeview). by Ian Field
Where do they get all the crap movies?!!! Seriously wooden acting and Sherman tanks with Nazi crosses painted on the side..........................................
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 15 02:13 PM
by Norman Rowing[_2_] Go to last post
17 394
BBC HD channel by Scott[_2_]
I watched something last night recorded from the now defunct BBC HD channel. The picture quality seemed to me to be better. Is this just coincidence or has the bitrate of HD been reduced over the years?
November 23rd 15 03:13 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
2 206
BBC Three by Scott[_2_]
As a matter of interest, does anyone know when this channel will close as a terrestrial TV channel? I wonder what will happen to BBC Four. Will it become Two XTRA or some other manifestation?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 15 11:26 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
45 722
Sky Q launched by sintv[_2_]
Well finally the wait is over. Sky today have released details of their new Sky Q box. We always new Sky would have something good up their sleeve and they havn't disappointed us. This new set top box looks quite something with a whopping 12 tuners means you can record up to four channels simultaneously, while still watching a fifth channel live. So never again have you not enough space and the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 15 12:50 PM
by Ian Go to last post
14 553
Potential BBC cuts by Sid.
+ACI-Jim Lesurf+ACI- +ADw-noise+AEA-audiomisc.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:5525846f39noise+AEA-audiomisc.co.uk... +AD4- In article +ADw-qipt4b1el3kaj4p9vsuebrd6qd4kpqoo8d+AEA-4ax.com+AD4-, Roderick Stewart +AD4- +ADw-rjfs+AEA-escapetime.myzen.co.uk+AD4- wrote: +AD4- +AD4APg- How about dumping everything that's done just as well if not better by +AD4APg- all the commercial channels, and...
November 20th 15 05:00 PM
by Sid. Go to last post
0 166
Can I fast-forward on BBC-iPlayer by Alaric
Somebody sent me a link to a BBC South programme on BBC i_Player. However, the news item appears shortly before the end of the programme. Is there any way that I can go fast-forward rather than have to watch it all from the start? Alaric.
November 19th 15 08:45 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
6 701
Kettle deposits by Sid.
+ACI-Woody+ACI- +ADw-harrogate3+AEA-ntlworld.com+AD4- wrote in message news:n2hccr+ACQ-e2d+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4- +AD4- +ACI-Norman Wells+ACI- +ADw-hex+AEA-unseen.ac.am+AD4- wrote in message +AD4- news:db1qbdFd2aiU1+AEA-mid.individual.net... +AD4APg- +ACI-Woody+ACI- +ADw-harrogate3+AEA-ntlworld.com+AD4- wrote in message +AD4APg-...
November 18th 15 08:30 AM
by Sid. Go to last post
0 148
Coloured stripes by Norman Rowing[_2_]
Just what are those multi colour stripes I get when I shine a torch on the tv when it's turned off?
November 18th 15 08:14 AM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
4 195
Angry
Midhurst transmitter issues by HMCQ3Man
Anyone else on the Midhurst transmitter experiencing regular picture breakup? I'm located in the Northwest area of Horsham and have had the problem for maybe the last few months. Appears to be happening at any time of the day, in all weathers with no particular commonality. Thanks for any and all responses.
November 17th 15 04:40 PM
by HMCQ3Man Go to last post
0 213
What's the use of "catch up" on smart devices ... by tim.....
.... If they don't offer all of the programs available Note that I'm not referring to them only offering a limited choice of catch up services, I'm referring to them "cherry picking" the programs that they offer from a service that they do provide. I missed a prog that I wanted to record last week due to a clash and I thought "now I have my smart box hooked up to my new wifi, I can see it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 16th 15 10:54 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
47 655
Wobbly reception. by Brian-Gaff
In the last week or so, I've noticed that some stations will go No signal check your aerial for no apparent reason. The aerial should be ok its in the loft and pointed at Crystal Palace which is line of sight from here. as was mentioned in another thread, this is very unusual, and seems to be caused by something desensitising the tuner, as often you can get reception back by merely...
November 16th 15 05:57 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
2 211
Reception at 51.5882N 0.6243E by Geoff Clare
Having seen Woody's pointer to www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/AudioVisualTV/TerrestrialTV/TerrestrialCalculator.php in another thread, I decided to put in the lat and long (see subject) for a house I'm buying. The signal profile doesn't look good to me for both Crystal Palace and Sudbury, but I've never seen one before so maybe I'm wrong. Can those more familiar with them comment? The house has...
November 16th 15 10:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 292
Petty annoyance by pinnerite
My wife gets me to set up for future recordings on our PVR. It is a purpose built home build. So basically a microcompter. We're about to go to visit our kids abroad so you can image our excitement when we received a notice this morning that the power is scheduled to be cut while improvements are made to the delivery network, the day after we leave. The router will automatically reboot but...
November 16th 15 02:22 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
9 337
Channel 601 red button by Brian Gaff
Does anyone know whether the first ELO showing on the channel the other day was in fact truly live? I ask as I recorded it and heard a distinct glitch in the first song about three quarters of the way though. However since I wanted to keep theaudio version of it, I let it run through the first track again, no glitch. I guess I'm asking if anyone else noticed it, which would be right if...
November 14th 15 10:37 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 221
The wit and wisdom of Willybob, aged nearly three by Sid.
+ACI-Brian-Gaff+ACI- +ADw-briang1+AEA-blueyonder.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:n24f8q+ACQ-3g4+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4- Well, I understand that women over there do have more hair in places +AD4- where it is unfashionable over here. Apparently not in Brazil, although they speak portugese.
November 14th 15 09:16 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 166
lnb: quad or quattro? by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I've bought a freesat box that also records, so ideally it needs two inputs. If I am going to go up a ladder, I would rather only do it once so thought about future-proofing with a couple of spares. Now is it best to go down the quattro route, so I never need to climb my ladder again, or would you recommend I go with quad or octo lnbs instead, any why? Are octos as good as a single...
November 13th 15 07:25 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
7 285
Post New Thread