Post New Thread
648 kHz frequency by Ian Jackson[_2_]
In message , Brian-Gaff writes "Scott" wrote in message . .. I was passing Westerglen transmitting station yesterday. This got me thinking. Radio Scotland has two main AM transmitters (leaving aside relays), Westerglen and Burghead. Both are using...
June 30th 15 11:09 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
0 215
DVD Player! by Mr Pounder Esquire
A few years ago I had a stand up battle with Currys over a Samsung DVD player. It had only been used a handful of times before it packed up. It was 5 years old, but I got some money back. I then bought a Samsung Blueray DVD player from them, it has only been used ONCE and is less than 3 years old. It now will not play DVDs. Message was "no disk found" I used two old lens cleaning disks, no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 29th 15 08:12 PM
by Mr Pounder Esquire Go to last post
25 520
Wimbledon Red Button - Kudos to Virgin by fred
I really dislike Red Button access to events. It is so slow and prevents channel hopping. But I see we have direct access to minor Wimbledon matches on 991, 992, 993, 994, 995. It's a shame SkySports (I'm also a sub) can't do similar when they have multiple related events using the RB.
June 29th 15 12:24 PM
by fred Go to last post
0 199
Can a PVR re-tune itself all on its own? by Roger Mills[_2_]
I've been aware for some months that the tuning setup on my Humax HDR-FOX T2 wasn't up to date - because BBC News was still on 80, and some of the recent additions weren't there at all - but it worked perfectly happily as far as I was concerned, so I didn't do anything about it. However, when I came to view BBC News last night, 80 was blank and I found that it had moved to 130 (and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 28th 15 08:12 PM
by Davey Go to last post
37 785
Channel 4 On Demand by Indy Jess John
Just wondering - is there an equivalent to get_iplayer for Channel4 programmes? I couldn't see anything on a google search. Jim
June 27th 15 10:36 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
6 1,544
BBC multiplexes off? by Richard Tobin
The BBCA and COM7 multiplexes from Black Hill seem to be off the air. Are there problems elsewhere? BBCB is ok. -- Richard
June 26th 15 01:21 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
2 338
BT sport in 4K by Andy Burns[_9_]
From August, but only streamed to VDSL customers ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33062026
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 26th 15 11:34 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
33 1,044
Dim neons by Brian-Gaff
You have not lived! We used to get those big neon's that school labs used and connect one end to a bit of wire. If you connected that to some suitable voltage, you could make the neon glow simply by putting a finger on the glass. Touch the other end of the bulb and it was quite bright. Its yer electrostatic stuff again I bet. Talking of dim neon's though. There was as I think I said a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 26th 15 10:24 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
12 393
Mad aerial question by Scott[_2_]
All aerials are grey aluminium colour. I wondered if it would be possible to paint an aerial blue, and whether this would degrade the signal. Would you use water based or oil based paint? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 25th 15 07:34 AM
by charles Go to last post
13 363
confused about multiplexes by Stephen[_4_]
Hello, I'm currently watching freesat, so arguably there's no point paying someone to fit a tv aerial for me. I was wondering about fitting a loft aerial (I'm not brave enough to go up a ladder outside!) to see what channels I could receive. The local transmitter does not transmit all of the freeview channels. The digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker suggests that I could point to
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 24th 15 09:36 AM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
13 354
These smart tv dongles? by Brian-Gaff
Has anyone tried any of these devices on the dumb tellies with usb yet? Just wondered how they worked and interfaced with the existing tv software. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
June 23rd 15 11:19 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
9 233
[new] Female presenter for Top Gear by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Sabine Schmidt obviously. Better presenter than the original trio, better driver than the Stig. Indeed why bother with Chris Evans...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 23rd 15 11:05 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
50 1,049
The Colour Television Receiver by ureds
Found this on Danny Baker's twitter feed of all places. I dare say some regulars on here will remember it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDT1yD5d7Xk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 21st 15 11:53 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
165 1,161
I have been asked... by Brian-Gaff
If Virgin or Freesat or Sky distribute Insight Radio. I know its on freeview on channel 730, but I've been looking for some time and cannot find it on the others. Rnib are about as useful as abull in a car park. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 20th 15 09:55 PM
by Dave W Go to last post
17 389
OT ramblings by Bill Wright[_2_]
My IT man says sarcastically (following a very minor IT triumph on my part) that he will make an IT expert of me yet. I replied, "When I was working I had the feeling that the technology was a bus and I was the little man with the briefcase and brolly running along after it but getting further and further behind until he finally collapses at the side of the road. IT would be the same." Just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 20th 15 06:33 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
16 426
freesat boxes by Stephen[_4_]
Good morning, I have just moved into a house with no tv aerial but with a satellite dish, so I bought two Manhattan Plaza hd-s2 freesat boxes, on the basis that they were cheap! (about 40 each). Not having had freesat before, I wanted to test the water. Are there any other budget boxes I should have considered? I could not find any. One box has come with a remote control with small white...
June 19th 15 11:22 AM
by Dave W Go to last post
6 1,010
Freesat bit error rates by Clive Page[_4_]
We have a small dish to get Freesat which feeds into our Panasonic TV which is Freesat enabled. The TV can provide three indications of the signal: strength, quality, and bit-error rate. Recently I had to move the dish (to avoid a neighbour's tree which was starting to get in the way) and so after re-aligning it had reason to check signal strength and data quality of various channels. All...
June 17th 15 03:14 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
6 595
Which aerial manufacturer these days (longish) by Geo[_3_]
Been asked to fit an aerial for my daughter's friend. Her "new" bungalow has an old, slightly bent mast, with no aerial. The cable (brown semi-airspaced UHF) has been cut at the mast and just inside the roof. The mast bracket is screwed to the wood at the apex of the gable end. I have not yet been able to get up there to check the state of the fixing but suspect I will use 9" wall bracket and...
June 17th 15 12:36 PM
by Geo[_3_] Go to last post
8 342
Nothing new under the sun (or TV mast) by [email protected]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33063353
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 16th 15 07:41 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
15 352
BBC licence fee under 'unprecedented pressure' from Netflix by Phi
The fast growth of streaming services and pay-TV are "challenging the very premise of mandatory fees", according to a study by PwC Internet television services such as Netflix and Amazon Fire are "challenging the very premise of mandatory fees" for the BBC and other public broadcasters, according to a major study of the global media sector. The rise of streaming is altering the landscape of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 15 02:49 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
16 441