Post New Thread
DAB/FM aerial by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.blake-uk.com/vhf-band-ii-fm/571-fm-aerials-omni-element-dab-and-fm-aerial-vhf-band-ii-fm-blake-aerials.html Why do they persist with these horizontally polarised FM aerials? What's the point? How come the gain for both FM and DAB just happens to be 0dB? For various reasons that seems most unlikely. And is it dBd or dBi or what? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 5th 15 01:55 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
151 1,217
the wit and wisdom of Willy, aged two by Bill Wright[_3_]
Mum was asleep on the settee. She became vaguely aware that a small boy had climbed onto her lap. A voice said, "You got hole. Fairy got tooth in her house." She woke up to find a small finger in her mouth, feeling her teeth and gums. From the same boy this morning I had: "Where's the rainbow gone? Is it slipped into the water?" and "I got welly stuck in the rocks. I don't want welly. You...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 15 03:36 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
58 574
curious paragraph in the Guardian by Brian-Gaff
I see, but with agreement we all justsomehow manage to keep things together and live happily ever afterwards? That is assumiing we do not blow ourselves up, encounter a giant meteorite or have a nuclear winter event cause then the Yellowstone volcano rips the guts out t of the usa then. Living on spaceship earth is a pricarious business and always has been. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 15 02:03 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
75 588
Hacked tv still goes on then? by Norman Rowing[_2_]
'A man has been sentenced to 32 months in prison for selling illegal TV set-top boxes online. The boxes contained hardware which enabled users to watch Virgin Media television services without subscribing.' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34879832
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 15 12:43 PM
by pamela Go to last post
16 319
My long gone Granny by Sid.
Those were the days, remember it well. +ACI-Brian-Gaff+ACI- +ADw-briang1+AEA-blueyonder.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:n3qhal+ACQ-con+ACQ-1+AEA-dont-email.me... +AD4-I was reminded of this woman who used to live in Southfields in London +AD4-during my childhood, mother to my father, deaf as a post but really quite +AD4-sharp otherwise.
December 4th 15 07:15 AM
by Sid. Go to last post
0 152
Dropped plasma by sintv[_2_]
I was removing the back of a Samsung 7yr old 46" plasma without laying it face down because Samsung stands dont fall off. Well this one did and the set fell and cracked the display. Since I feel guilty Im going to supply the customer with a 48" new Panasonic and just charge him for the original estimated repair - 60. Does anyone know what are my legal obligations in this case just as a matter of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 15 01:42 PM
by David Hume Go to last post
19 345
New sports needed... by Brian-Gaff
I am not sporty by nature and not really am I going to watch it on tv. I actually think its a good thing that many sports are now going subscription tv. However, with the rise of programs like Strictly come panel beating and Candle making challengem are not the tv companies making up what are in fact new sports to counter the ones they are losing? What next? Naked camel racing fro Kewait or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 1st 15 09:08 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
20 331
Are we in the Wright group? by Brian-Gaff
Its just a statistical anomaly. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-) "R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message ...
December 1st 15 04:52 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
1 139
Upscaling by Bill Wright[_3_]
I've never thought much to the idea, but I must say my wife's new Humax Freeview box really does make SD programmes look good. It was however necessary to adjust the contrast and brightness on the telly. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 15 03:03 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
16 345
Right aerial for problem area by AnthonyL
This is a continuation from a posting I made in uk.d-i-y. Several folk in the area I've just moved into report regular reception problems - for the moment I've just hooked up and old and previously used aerial (vendor was on Virgin for his whole 11yrs). I am getting some channels, some break up at various times and some I don't get all but the aerial would have been from when Nottm was analogue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 1st 15 10:52 AM
by AnthonyL Go to last post
72 823
the dangers of insulating tape by Bill Wright[_3_]
I got a bit of tape stuck under my right boot, on the right side. Since I can't reach my feet these days unless I'm laid down I attempted to stand on the bit of tape that was sticking out with my left foot, in the hope of removing it. In order to do this I had to get my left foot to the right of my right foot. Now you know that Len Goodwin off Strictly? Well I'm not a bit like him. I ended...
November 30th 15 11:33 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 181
Stereo A/V Recorder by Davey
I am looking for Stereo Audio/Visual Recorder, like a Humax, but for line signals instead of TV antenna input. I looked at CCTV recorders, but they only seem to offer mono sound, but I am looking for a recorder to record the output from a PC or a VHS machine. I can use a long cable set and record on a DVD using the living room DVD/VHS recorder, but I would rather have a stand-alone device in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 29th 15 04:40 PM
by NY Go to last post
27 487
Ofcom announce 700 MHz Band plans by Mark Carver[_2_]
No great surprise, but DSO2 is coming and it's goodbye to UHF Chs 49-60 http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/700MHz/statement/700-mhz-statement.pdf -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply. --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 15 03:17 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
59 641
BBC Three to move online from February by Sid.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34932688
November 27th 15 03:15 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
4 292
Your CB handle by Bill Wright[_3_]
What was your CB handle? Mine was Pseudonym. Bill
November 27th 15 10:06 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 248
PVR (not) finding alternative by tim.....
My HDR1010, as per the freesat spec, offers to find me alternative showing of a prog if I try to set up a recording clash. It achieves this happily using the +1 channels for ITV and C4. But for 5, it fails completely to look at the +1 channel. weird tim
November 27th 15 01:02 AM
by Davey Go to last post
9 208
Measuring signal strength by AnthonyL
Someone pointed me to this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philex-27867R-Digital-Signal-Strength/dp/B001GXQUNQ For casual and occasional use any views? -- AnthonyL
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 26th 15 02:52 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
44 817
Jeckyl & Hyde not recording on Humax? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Anyone else having this problem? Last week's (15th) was cancelled but showed up as a zero-length recording on my HDR-FOX T2 but this week's (22nd) also showed up as zero length. I used the FTP server to have a look in case it was the old 'BBC3/4 broken indexing' issue but there really was nothing there other than a minimal 'placeholder' file. Paul DS.
November 25th 15 06:20 PM
by Tim Jones[_2_] Go to last post
5 322
POOR INSTALLATION & SERVICE by Welly
Following is the text of a letter written by me on 16th November 2003. To date I have only received an acknowledgement stating that I would get a reply when all parties concerned had conferred. Am I unreasonable with either my original letter, or in thinking that I should have heard more by now? To: Skyforce Ltd
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 24th 15 08:21 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
20 571
Our future king is a cretin by Brian-Gaff
However of course if you believe the conspiracy theories, Diana was killed to stop her having amuslim child. I have no problem with Islam a rule. Its those who bring over their hate and ways they treat women that get my got. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
November 24th 15 02:28 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 139
Post New Thread