Post New Thread
Multi region Blu Ray player by Chris Holmes
Hi All, we are looking to invest in a Bu Ray player (sub £100) and would like to be able to play our collection of USA DVDs on it (Region 2??) and perhaps also USA bought Blu Ray discs in the future. I had a quick Google for Multi Region Ble Ray Player, but what I got back was Ble Ray players that would do Multi Region Apps (didn't say whether these were included, or you had to provide them. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 5th 15 01:28 PM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
22 491
PING Bill Wright by Stephen[_6_]
Hi Bill, I'm wanting to integrate my CCTV system into the home UHF distribution system via a couple of Televes Avant 5 units and a Triax 5x16 multiswitch. I have 9 cameras and a DVR provided video of a 3x3 video mosaic so I am in need of ten UHF modulators. I already have Freesat/sky, FM, DAB and DTT on the distribution system and was planning to have 10 analogue TV channels on all the TV...
June 4th 15 12:43 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 204
Aerials on Watchdog by Dave W
Last week's Watchdog featured a firm that fitted new TV aerials when not required. The show made much play of the ladders "violating health & safety" but they didn't say what should have been done. Do I take it that current regulations require full scaffolding to be erected? Also the throwing of the old aerial from the roof into the garden was mocked, but I can't see why. Maybe in case a pet dog...
June 3rd 15 04:36 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 327
Win10 invite by Brian-Gaff
No, butt then thus far I only have one win 7 machine and until things get better I'm not going to change even if it was combined with a free night with the woman of my dreams. Its got inaccessible new bits and a dodgy new browser seemingly called edge or bottom or whatever, and has that irritating kurtana or whatever its called. Brian --
June 2nd 15 08:08 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 375
Do birds have vandalizing thoughts? by Brian-Gaff
I was asked this the other day as it appears a month or so back a bloke was watching out of his window and saw two blackbirds on one element of a fairly old tv aerial, from the description, the top row of a reflector. They were bouncing up and down and gradually loosening the element, when they flew off he said he saw the element was definitely loose and wobbling in the breeze. Could...
June 2nd 15 09:28 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
7 274
TV speakers by Brian-Gaff
Is there a reason why companies could not use the well learned lessons on how to make speakers in small boxes sound reasonable be applied to tv speakers? Listening in a store a while back I was struck by the cheap transistor radio sounds coming from them. I mean, its not rocket science is it? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 1st 15 08:41 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
25 366
Sign language vs subtitles by Clive Page[_4_]
I recorded a programme on BBC4 recently and realised that the late-night repeats come with a sign-language interpreter in front (while the ones earlier in the evening do not). This meant the actual programme was reduced to about three quarters of the screen with a somewhat distracting presence on the right-hand side. Although my hearing is good enough, I appreciate that those with hearing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 15 10:06 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
43 594
EUROPE WILL ABOLISH GEO-BLOCKING AND OTHER COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS by Phi
The European Commission adopted a new Digital Single Market Strategy today, which aims to improve consumer access to digital services and goods. Among other things, Europe vows to end geo-blocking and lift other unwarranted copyright restrictions. Due to complicated licensing agreements Netflix is only available in a few dozen countries, all of which have a different content library. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 15 07:11 PM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
123 1,791
computer slow by Johnny B Good[_2_]
On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:15:46 +0100, Woody wrote: ====snip==== If none of those help then a re-install will as the pagefile will be replaced amongst other things. Mine - on XP SP3 - is well over 2GB and Windoze has to keep searching it. On a new install it will start a a few MB before it grows.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 30th 15 02:00 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
55 535
Humax 9200 and Windows 8 by Victor Delta[_2_]
Has anyone managed to download files from a Humax 9200 to a pc running on Windows 8? I tried to connect my Humax to a new laptop today but Windows 8 would not recognise the driver supplied with Andy Chappell's Media Controller. Nor would it work with Humax's Media elinker software as, apparently, a necessary dll file is missing. Any advice please?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
30 1,739
The future of TV? by Brian-Gaff
Seems to me there is a concerted push at the moment to make all content transient. By that I mean, in the beginning it was whatever was on at the time was what you watched, then came video recording and pre recorded tapes. This seemed to annoy the content providers as folk bypassed the adverts on time shifted stuff, but of course the folk selling films liked it as another revenue stream. ...
May 27th 15 09:41 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
9 292
TV_Theme tunes by Pinnerite[_2_]
This came up this morning on BBC1 breakfast. Are the old ones better/more memorable than the latest ones? Various suggestions of favourites were made but no one mentioned Hill street Blues, definitely one of mine. -- Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.32-desktop-1.mga4
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 26th 15 06:24 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
44 45
letter to Look North, copy to the BBC Trust and to J.Whittingdale by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dear Sirs, Look North Leeds, 20th May 2015 Your package on the closure of part of Ferrybridge Power Station was severely biased because of the follow-up interview, which was with John Grant, who was described as Ďan expert in renewable energy and climate changeí. Why didnít you describe him as a hard line environmentalist, which is what he is? Then the viewers would have known where he was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 26th 15 10:15 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
23 359
Thin TV by David[_9_]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3088702/The-wallpaper-TV-light-hang-wall-using-MAGNETS.html Regards David
May 23rd 15 10:37 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
8 254
Spain hotel with analogue channels as well as digital. by David[_9_]
Just returned from Ibiza, Samsung 32" flat wide screen TV in room, 92 channels of various European countries Tv in digital and 13 on analogueEG the digital ones which included BBC world news, 2 USA news channels, Disney all in English and the rest European. The digital ones were correct 16x9 pictures, but the analogues ones where all letterbox with short fat people. Remote being in a hotel...
May 23rd 15 10:36 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 239
OT(ish) VESA mounts by David[_13_]
We fairly recently replace a 32" HD Ready flat screen TV with a 42" Full HD flat screen TV. The 32" TV is pretty heavy - grunt when you pick it up to move it. The 42" TV feels ridiculously light - it feels light as a feather. On the back, the 32" TV has a VESAO 100 mounting. On the back, the 42" TV has a VESA 200 mounting.
May 20th 15 09:08 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 220
Missing Arise News by Pinnerite[_2_]
I can get Arise News on channel 136 from Crystal Palace on my smart TV but it doesn't show up on my computer. I have a two-channel DVB-T tuner driving Kaffeine. Scanning the spectrum with w_scan -X -c GB channels.conf and searched the resultant cahannel.conf. Arise doesn't show. According to the Multiplex listings, Arise News is on channel 136 on Multiplex COM7 - ARQC - Arqiva C so why...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 19th 15 11:18 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
10 360
Britain's Greatest Pilot BBC4 by Phi
The program broadcast at 3am on Wednesday morning was stopped abruptly after 53mins 13secs of airtime, leaving 5mins 46secs of program remaining. It was as if someone said, let's go home now and pulled the plug. I went back to an earlier repeat and watched the end at 58mins 59secs.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 19th 15 03:25 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
23 519
Technics TV - Auto-Tuning by Alaric
I visited a friend recently who told me that even when he had retuned his set it reverted to the earlier settings. I then watched the set being retuned automatically. It showed 5 USA on Channel 21 and the new Spike on Channel 31 as should be the case. However, when he switched the set off then restarted it Channel 21 showed VIVA and Channel 31 showed 5 USA. Has anyone any idea what is going...
May 17th 15 09:49 AM
by Alaric Go to last post
4 369
Aldi DAB radio fir £29.99 by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
On Tue, 12 May 2015 11:41:40 +0200, Martin wrote: On Mon, 11 May 2015 13:43:50 +0100 Jim Lesurf wrote: IMHO This is a serious gap in the established consumer law. Expect similar problems to occur in future. The plain reality is that a 'net radio' consumer item is *NOT* the same as a traditional broadcast radio. People I think the...
May 13th 15 10:45 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
2 826
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 801 to 820 of 19337