Post New Thread
Joy is unconfined by Davey
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 04:53:08 +0100 Bill Wright wrote: I'm back! Bill Unconfined, or unconfirmed? g We await information with bated breath (that's after the pickled
July 28th 15 11:48 AM
by Davey Go to last post
0 44
Joy is unconfined by Brian-Gaff
It has been done to almost every other profession I guess. After Boris the Mayor got fined the other day for carring his wife on his bike, a new show of trafic violations called getting away with it could well be next. The idea is that the person who can do something bad on the road for the longest without getting caught gets their points back. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply...
July 28th 15 10:55 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 133
Vision buzz by Brian Gaff
I don't believe it, to coin a well known saying. My set top box has started to give the old fashioned vision buzz common to older tvs which changes with picture content. It never used to do this. Its really irritating on screens of textual info apparently. I have disconnected it from any tvs and just have the audio taken though a scart adaptor. I suspect its the old drying out capacitor...
July 27th 15 12:59 PM
by Phi Go to last post
6 195
OT, Periscope TV by David[_9_]
A person I "Follow" on Twitter is now using something called Periscope TV on her Mobile and it comes up on her Twitter as a video recording. It is obvious that people were viewing live and commenting during it by means of typed "chat" Anyone know of this Periscope system and is there a download of the system into my Windows desktop? Regards David
July 27th 15 10:50 AM
by Peter Johnson[_4_] Go to last post
8 565
Picture break up HD Emley Moor? by Steph[_2_]
I have a Samsung 22" Freeview HD smart Tv, its about 8 months old. I find the picture is breaking up on the HD mux when connected to the main aerial. Its fed via RF2 of a sky box, but still has the problem when its straight in the roof aerial. Ive tried a 24db attenuator and with a further 12db in series, still no better. Signal strength is 98% with quality at 100% but every 10 to 20 seconds...
July 26th 15 07:35 PM
by Steph[_2_] Go to last post
5 378
Red buuton advert BBC R2 today by David[_9_]
This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED button on any BBC TV program. The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red button does nothing. Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 25th 15 09:56 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
28 608
Pinging Brian Gaff: Ofcom EPG consultation for the visually impaired by Mark Carver
From Ofcom's mailing list: Ofcom has today published a consultation on ways to make on-screen TV guides more accessible to visually impaired people. Previous research suggests people with visual impairments watch a similar amount of TV as other people. On-screen TV guides (known as electronic programme guides, or EPGs) help people plan their viewing and discover new programmes. But people...
5 262
Missing channels by Pinnerite[_2_]
We have a Samsung widescreen smart TV. It picks up all the channels. We also have a smaller TV in our kitchen that does not pick up any of the channels in the 130 series of numbers. I know that it doesn't have a T2 tuner but surely not all those channels are on multiplexes requiring a T2 tuner? --
July 21st 15 04:30 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
3 116
What units? by Phi
+ACI-Paul Cummins+ACI- +ADw-agree2pay4uce+AEA-spam.vlaad.co.uk+AD4- wrote in message news:memo.20150721091822.2148b+AEA-postmaster.cix.co.uk... +AD4- In article +ADw-s8trqaldt1sq6cfrl4u8p1m3tno917lpdb+AEA-4ax.com+AD4-, me+AEA-privacy.net +AD4- (Chris Hogg) wrote: +AD4- +AD4APg- It really irritates me when text written with imperial units has then +AD4APg- been metricated, and says things like...
July 21st 15 12:44 PM
by Charles Hope Go to last post
2 197
4OD(All4)? by Kenny
I have an LG Smart TV with Freeview, Freesat & internet on it, also an EE TV box but can't get 4OD (All4) on any of them! Have googled it and not come up with an answer, can anyone here help? Kenny Cargill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 15 08:19 AM
by Ian Go to last post
17 1,344
Freeview Prog Guide on Sandy Heath not working today by Clive Page[_4_]
Today the Freeview programme guide that we receive from Sandy Heath has no information for the next 7 days for many BBC channels - has anyone else found that? A couple of days ago the iPlayer stopped working on our Panasonic TV because of some change - I've no idea what. But then somebody fixed something so it was back the next day. I guess its the time of year when the people who really...
July 19th 15 08:57 AM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
2 202
Virgin Tivo box - set to record future show? by David[_13_]
If you know the first episode of a show is due to start in 5 days time, can you set a series record option now? I guess this is basically a question of how far into the future the Virgin Tivo EPG can see in general, and if there are any clever options. TIA Dave R
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 15 11:06 AM
by tim..... Go to last post
10 315
Things on my mind (2) by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was loitering in the beer section of Morrisons and there was an attractive woman in her thirties picking up bottles, peering at them, and putting a few in her trolley. Like all old men I will do anything to engage in conversation with passable ladies half my age, so I asked, "Having trouble choosing?" "Yes I am!" she replied. "It's for his birthday. But they've got to be on special offer...
July 16th 15 07:17 PM
by ARW Go to last post
7 215
IR LED effects by Davey
I have a couple of cameras set up, they have inbuilt IR LEDs, as is common. When I look at the image on the monitor, using Zoneminder on my PC, I see a constant flashing as though the IR LEDs are pulsing. It also creates a problem with triggering a Motion Detection Event, so I have to program around this. On the screen, the pulsing appears to be just faster than 1 Hz, but I appreciate this may be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 16th 15 09:24 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
18 273
Night-Flying Insects Don't Like Classical Music? by Java Jive[_2_]
I'm just watching the Vienna Philharmonic's Summer Night's Concert, and have just noticed the remarkable absence of night-flying insects - not a moth, mosquito, or midge in sight. I wonder if they have been soaking the place in insecticide for the previous week or two? -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does...
5 320
Things on my mind (3) by Bill Wright[_2_]
His wife has a guest who she quite likes but he cannot stand. It being lunchtime he is sent into the kitchen to prepare a snack for his wife and the guest: eggs on toast. From the kitchen he can hear the guest pontificating about the virtues of free range chickens, the moral duty of us all not to waste food, the joys of home bread making, and so on and so forth. As our man conveys the second...
8 230
iPlayer on Panasonic TV not working today by Clive Page[_4_]
We have a Panasonic Veira TV about 4 years old, which has been happily showing us past BBC programmes via its built-in iPlayer software and an Ethernet cable to our broadband router. It also needs a satellite connection (for some reason I've never understood) but that still works fine on other channels. Today when I connect to Freesat channel 901 I don't get the usual iPlayer home page but...
July 15th 15 01:30 PM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
5 404
Things on my mind (1) by Bill Wright[_2_]
Whilst having the bonfire that I have to have because the council won't take all our rubbish I chanced upon a small directory, one of those that comes free. Of course I looked at the 'Aerials' section. I have in-depth knowledge of all the local aerial firms, and I can tell you that every single one of those with display adverts should, in my opinion, be avoided by the consumer. The larger...
July 15th 15 12:15 AM
by Brian Reay[_4_] Go to last post
3 270
Charging for iPlayer by Pinnerite[_2_]
This proposal raises some interesting points. This is my take on the issue. If one pays for one's licence, should one be asked to pay? If not, how would the system know? Answer, a bureaucratic expense. If one pays but is abroad should one pay? In my opinion, if it is handled, for example like iTunes, a sort of 99p per programme approach, the answer is yes.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 15 05:35 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
83 938
tv coax plugs by Stephen[_4_]
Hello, I know to use f plugs wherever possible but I need a coax plug to connect at the back of the tv. I had a quick look on the CPC web site but they sell aluminium plugs, nickel plated zinc plugs, and plated brass plugs. Are they all the same or is one better than the others? Thanks, Stephen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 15 03:34 PM
by Davey Go to last post
62 1,114