Post New Thread
Aerial Amp - feeling a tingle by John
I recently bought a DVB-T Stick so that I could watch Freeview on my PC. It turned out to be a dud and I am awaiting its return. However, I am a bit concerned that I felt a slight tingle between the coax outer and my PC case. My aerial is a recent installation and has a distribution amp fed by a power supply at the main TV set location. Could this be a potential cause of problems for a DVB-T...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 20th 07 03:06 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
22 528
OT *The Great Escape* by Low Life #3
being a USofA Southerner living in Germany and a BSkyB customer since 2000 or so I've noticed that watching *The Great Escape* during the Christmas season has become a British tradition. It's a fabulous movie, for sure, but how did this come about? Last year we purchased a *Brand Name* 1080HD LCD telly for Christmas, and the picture quality is superb. And I watched *The Great Escape*. ...
December 19th 07 08:51 PM
by Andy Burns[_2_] Go to last post
5 127
Get DT signal on more tv with one decoder by Andrew2
Hy guys I'm new to this NG and in DT technology at all. I live in Italy, and since some research on how to get DT signal with one decoder on more TV doesn't produced the expect result, I try to post my question here, hoping in your comprehension as well as some useful suggestion. I find incredibily stupid the fact that is needed onw Set Top Box for each TV to see DT programs. I live in a house...
December 19th 07 02:54 PM
by Andrew2 Go to last post
8 333
OLD TV REPAIR TOOLS-permapower huebrite picture tube brightener-6-page tv set service tips tube replacement book-sylvania techs handheld colorviewer tool-vintage repair shop cleanout-$10 by Dwight D. Eisenhower
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140190463997&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004 VINTAGE COLOR TV REPAIR STORE ITEMS PERMA-POWER HUE-BRITE COLOR TUBE BRIGHTENER MODEL C-511, NEW OLD STOCK- NOS- WITH ORIGINAL RECEIPT DATED 1976 SYLVANIA TECHNICIANS' HAND HELD COLOR VIEWER TOOL- NOS- NEW OLD STOCK
December 19th 07 01:15 PM
by Dwight D. Eisenhower Go to last post
0 136
The planet by Bill Wright
If we're alll supposed to be making our houses more energy efficient, why don't they fit two airbricks behind the place where the fridge will go? Then the big radiator thing on the back of the fridge could be boxed in. Thus the fridge would use less leccy. OK, in winter we'd loose the heat from the fridge. So put a mechanical control behind the fridge to control the airflow. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 07 12:03 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
34 626
Triangle base and height by Lord Turkey Cough
"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message ... Hi How to find the base and height of a Right Triangle when the diagonal is known? Example: A TV has a screen that is 50" diagonal , it has a 16/9 ratio base to height, what is the base and height? Thank You
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 07 11:19 AM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
45 694
Wow by Dave Farrance
Mr MI5 really has outdone himself this time. The latest version of his spam script seems to have reposted a whole bunch of posts that were made by other people at this time last year, and mixed that in with his usual paranoid nonsense posts. And he's got a Virgin cable account to do it, so god knows how many posts he'll blast down his broadband pipe this time. -- Dave Farrance
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 07 09:26 AM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
11 273
Humax PVR9200T questions by Micheal Ra
I am considering buying the Humax and have a few questions. The Humax documentation states that it requires 10cm clearance from things like a TV or a VCR (page GB4). It also says not to "stack electronic equipments on top of the product". While the shelf on my TV stand would place the device at least 10cm from the TV I would like to put it on that shelf stacked directly above a VCR and below a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 07 10:49 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
15 393
Ofcom expresses pay TV concerns by Java Jive
December 18th 07 10:16 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
0 131
New Sony Bravia HD LCD TV by ~tzChik~
I was just about to place an order this week for the Sharp Aquos 52''AND 37'' LCD tvs but spotted the new Sony Bravia in Selfridges today. The pictures blew me away I know you've told me before that Sharp make the best TV's but the Bravia pictures compared with the Aquos seem 10 times as better. I know Sharp are going to be upgrading their Aquos in March. Do you know if Sony are catching...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 07 10:08 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
15 320
VHF DTT (TNT) by madge
I noticed that when I rescanned my Topfield 5800pvr it searched through BandIII VHF. Does anyone know if there will be UK DTT services in that band or, since I used to be a DXer, any proposed European services. I live in East Kent and regularly pick up Analogue French Belgium and Dutch services in Band I and III VHF. Regards and TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 18th 07 07:13 PM
by Woody[_3_] Go to last post
28 682
Will the Cricket World Cup be shown in High Definition? by [email protected]
Viewers in the UK have got used to popular sporting events such as the English Premiership Football, Wimbledon, the World Cup, and domestically hosted cricket being shown in High Definition (HDTV) so were disappointed that the Ashes series was not shown in the high definition 1080i format (and also disappointed with England's performance! ;-) ). Does anyone know if the Cricket World Cup being...
December 18th 07 06:28 PM
by Husband of All Americans Go to last post
7 196
Indoor Aerial Help ? by Steven[_3_]
Hi all I have got a panasonic tv with bult in freeview which works brilliantly with an outdoor aerial. However when I connect it to the indoor aerial in the conservatory only BBC1 ans BBC2 channels work. The other channels say no dvb signal. Why is this? Are the BBC signals stronger than those of ITC etc?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 07 06:00 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
11 328
channels on top up tv? by ME&YOU[_2_]
Are the extra channels worth paying the subs for? What are the movies on picture box like? Can you get uktv style or uktv food on it? Thanks for the help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 07 03:19 PM
by Mike Go to last post
13 292
Techwood Freeview box by David
Aquired one with no remote, my old universal RC book does not give me any codes for this brand. Anyone know if it goes under other mames? I will go to Pound and other cheapo stores when next out for a new one if I fail with this. -- Regards, David
December 18th 07 03:19 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
3 760
Terrestrial Television transmissions and CO^2 emissions. by Robert Wilson
Hi, I doubt anyone will agree with me but do people think that it would be better if we all went over to satellite television reception? If you think of all the power required for terrestrial transmismitters from the primaries alone, you're talking about 14.4MW of power running continually. That figure is taken from the bbc.co.uk/reception page. Now I would hazard a guess that TX's are 50%...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 07 09:00 AM
by Robert Wilson Go to last post
11 263
dubbing from VCR to HDD by [email protected]
I've got a Sony HDD recorder (sony RDR HX-525) which has a DVD writer and I want to put a load of the kids' videos onto DVD - but I'm not having much joy I've tried moving the scarts around and changing the input on the HDD recorder.. any ideas???
December 17th 07 02:18 PM
by ded[_2_] Go to last post
8 201
#### How To Turn Your Dull Website into Money Making Website#### by sd[_2_]
Breakthrough - How To Turn Your Dull Website into Money Making Website 100% Free Tool to Improve your Conversion Rate & Boost Website Sales ClickTale - Highly Recommended Tool to Boost Conversion Rates and Sell Products ... It provides wonderful HEATMAPS -A Movie on how a visitor scroll any webpage!
December 17th 07 12:34 PM
by sd[_2_] Go to last post
0 213
Naive dish question by Gordon MacPherson
Having just acquired a Sony XDL 40W3000, I have only Freeview etc via a loft aerial. To get the free BBC HD I guess will I need a satellite dish. I also guess that it has to be external - not in my loft? Thanks, Gordon
December 17th 07 10:55 AM
by Andy Burns[_2_] Go to last post
1 142
THIS IS MOHAMMED 26 by msk2000
Tabuk-The Test Of Faith News of the growing power of the Muslims, as more and more of Arabia followed the Prophet (pbuh), eventually reached Heraclius, Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire. The Romans saw the uniting of the Arabs in Islam as a possible threat to their Empire and the Emperor's advisors and generals, therefore, decided that the best thing to do would be to attack the Muslims from...
December 17th 07 06:39 AM
by msk2000 Go to last post
0 149
Post New Thread