Post New Thread
Channel Five DOG; The Reply by Agamemnon
Here is the reply that Channel 5 have sent me regarding the DOG **** they have placeed on my TV screen. As you can see they have not addressed any issues which I brought up in my original complaint so I will not be watching Channel 5 again. Date: 24th October 2007
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 5th 07 09:58 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
21 310
Combined Sky+ DVD Recorder by Peter Boon
Does anyone know if I can get Sky+ and a DVD recorder as a single unit. I currently have a Sky+ Box plus a separate Phillips DVD recorder to make copies of my favourite films but the DVD player is a bit clunky to use and quite an old spec. Many thanks Peter
November 5th 07 09:55 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
2 145
Humax 8000T turning itself on??? by XYZ
For a couple of weeks now our Humax 8000T which has been turned off by pressing the switch on the left hand front - the light on the front is showing red not green and the display shows the clock (the machine does still have mains power) - has been turning itself on overnight so in the morning the light on the front is now showing green and the display shows channel 1 as if we'd switched it...
November 5th 07 01:35 PM
by XYZ Go to last post
3 343
Multi media PC ( off topic I think) by mike/lisa/claire[_2_]
Its me again - totally non techie. I have a multi media computer which is supposed to sing and dance and run TV and all sorts as well as connect to the internet. Its not 12 months old yet. There seems to be something wrong with my internet connection. Its a dial up modem. It connects OK to the internet and loads the IE and the Outlook express. Outlook express collects messages and these...
November 5th 07 12:03 PM
by ChrisM Go to last post
7 106
Sky HD Signal Amplifier by Kulgan
Hi All On my old Sky+ box I had a feature that would push the Sky signal out over Coax to the other TV sockets in my house. I think I had to enable an amplifier in a service menu for this to work. Does anyone know if this works on an HD Box? Thanks Kulgan.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 07 09:47 AM
by David Hearn Go to last post
15 290
Cooker hob interferes with everything by Stan The Man
My Sky+ signal is relayed wirelessly around the house using a DigiSender device and receivers. Works fine - but when my electric ceramic hob in the kitchen is on medium-to-full blast (3 rings in use), the relayed TV picture is lost and the TVs fall back to black screen as they automatically search for an AV input with a detectable signal on it. As a side issue, it also causes my modem/router to...
November 4th 07 01:39 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 135
is this feasible?? by [email protected]
pls check out and comment on de design http://createthefuturecontest.com/pages/view/entriesdetail.html?entryID=798
November 4th 07 09:18 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 155
New house - New Aerial by Dr Hfuhruhurr
So, I'm buying a new house which is under construction. TV points are being installed in the relevant rooms which is quite pleasing. Until I read the 'extra features' list which can be installed, at extra cost of course. - Supply and fit Aerial 450. Seems a tad dear. Now where I live (and where I'm buying) you can get a good signal witha wet piece of string from Crystal Palace. Should I...... 1....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 4th 07 03:41 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
25 434
Another channel squeezed on to Freeview by Martin Jay
http://www.shoppingtelly.com/: "Gems TV are proud to announce that now jewellery fans who have Freeview can also take advantage of our great variety of designs and gemstones and snatch a piece of genuine gem set jewellery at a low low price. All you need to do is simply re-scan your freeview box and you will be able to see dozens of different gemstones set beautifully in affordable jewellery...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 3rd 07 10:20 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
14 945
OT - AAC/AAC+ encoder front-end program by DAB sounds worse than FM
I've developed a front-end for Windows for Nero's AAC/AAC+ encoder, and was wondering if some people could say whether it works okay on their machine? There's some more info about the program and screenshots on he http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/nero_aac_ui.htm To encode a WAV file you just need to do the following: 1. Download http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/Nero_AAC_UI.zip and start
November 3rd 07 04:50 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
6 238
Popular broadcasters of scrambled channels required smartcard to decode by Scott
Can someone advise me the popular broadcasters of scrambled channels required a smartcard to decode using CAM & DVB-CI slot. Thanks, Scott
November 3rd 07 04:22 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 109
Strange splitter by Dave Saville
I was visiting in a private hospital yesterday and got looking at the TV. First there was an unused outlet plate in the wall, the actual TV being fed by a co-ax that emerged from the false ceiling. This ended in a metal splitter with three F connectors. It bore the legend "2 way splitter". The single connector one side was marked "IN" and there was a black line on the case round to the other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 3rd 07 04:06 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
16 267
FREE PS3, XBOX 360, DS LITE, PSP....READ ME!!!!!!!! by www.grabit4free.co.uk/home.html
FREE VIDEO GAME CONSOLE PLAYSTATION 3 XBOX 360 NINTENDO DS LITE PSP DON'T BE BUYING THIS INFO FROM EBAY LIKE OTHERS...READ IT HERE FOR FREE!!! All you need to do to grab yourself a free game console is to join a site like this... http://gameconsolegiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=76293 ....and then complete one of there many offers from a number of well known reputable company's such...
November 2nd 07 07:21 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 132
Virgin TV in a non cable area by Ivan
How do they plan to do this exactly? "Where do you live? Virgin TV is only available by cable right now, so you'll need to check you live in a cable area. The good news is we're bringing Virgin TV to our customers in non-cable areas very soon. Check your postcode now." http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=1&buspart=search
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 07 06:52 PM
by Christopher Woods Go to last post
17 362
Freeview PCI or USB recommendations? by DAB sounds worse than FM
Could anyone recommend any decent Freeview PCI cards or USB receivers, and also, do people think that for sensitivity it's best to use a USB receiver rather than PCI? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 2nd 07 12:22 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
31 464
Lost channels on PC stick by vigman
Hi I just received this: http://www.riverstreams.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=16 and it is excellent except that it will not detect BBC4 on any sweep on a mains aerial. It detects 66 channels in total in the West Oxford area. On this same aerial on a Freeview box, I can detect BBC4.
November 2nd 07 11:32 AM
by vigman Go to last post
8 138
Using an FM-Carrier for the Y [Luminance] Signal -- how to relieve the bandwidth issue? by [email protected]
On Oct 27, 6:06 pm, "Green Xenon " wrote: Paul Martin wrote: Depends on the type of pulse. A wavelet might be about the same. Are you talking about the pulses of QAM signals? Quotes fromhttp://www.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=modem.htm&url=http://w... :
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 07 10:48 AM
by John Fields Go to last post
11 227
FREE PS3, XBOX 360, DS LITE, PSP....THIS IS THE INFO BEING SOLD ONEBAY! by grabit4free
FREE PLAYSTATION 3, XBOX360, DS LITE, PSP... DON'T PAY FOR THIS INFORMATION ON EBAY. . . READ IT HERE FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!! Sounds to good to be true, well it isn't, read on for it all to make sense. . . All you need to do to grab yourself a free game console is to join a site like this... http://gameconsolegiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=76293 ....and then complete one of there many offers...
November 2nd 07 12:34 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 143
The Man From Auntie He Say: Making the switch to digital TV by Java Jive
Usual mixture of half-truths and over-simplifications, perhaps the worst being failing to clarify that you need different receivers for DTT and satellite, but they do at least mention the over-compression problem ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/7052229.stm
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 1st 07 08:20 AM
by Java Jive Go to last post
18 329
1080 HD TVs by Ed
Am I the only one that thinks this is a scam on a mahoosive scale by flogging people 'HD ready' TVs that weren't even proper HD, and are now going to flog the same people a new line of 1080 TVs?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 1st 07 03:39 AM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
70 1,305