Post New Thread
Sky Offer - Good or not by Geoff Lane
On Sky's site for a 150 fee you can have a dish, skybox and freesat card to receive all the free satellite channels. In Argos there is an offer for 75 that gets you an installed dish, skybox AND 4 months of the 4 most popular Sky Entertainment Mixes; after four months you pay 19 per month or cancel, keep all the equipment and just continue with the free satellite channels. This seems...
December 12th 07 12:49 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
3 166
Sat.TV.French? by John[_5_]
Are there any free French programmes on sat. TV from the usual Astra2? The "France 24" programme appears to be all in English. -- John
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 11th 07 10:36 PM
by Brian[_2_] Go to last post
13 434
[OT?] What's the best mkv player? by Grumps
Hi All Got a few mkv files, and some play fine (the smaller ones) with VLC Media Player, others just don't play at all (well, the progress marker says it's playing, but no picture). There are 20 mkv players listed on Wikipedia. Which ones would you recommend? Ta.
December 11th 07 06:02 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
7 323
Nebula Electronics Ltd look like they have gone bust....and then re-emerged as Nebula Media Solutions Ltd by Mike
http://www.digitv-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4646 http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/ViewGazetteDocument.aspx?atdocid=4606715&GeoType=London&categorydocids=1101&lastissuecount=10 http://www.nebula-electronics.com/news/changes.asp Thursday 6th December 2007 Following a detailed analysis of trading history and continuing
December 11th 07 04:50 PM
by Robert Wilson Go to last post
9 445
Wide screen TV woes by Bart C
Finally bought my first wide-screen digital TV. Played the first movie DVD through it and I'm still getting broad black bars at top and bottom! A couple of other DVDs seem OK (I only have about 3), this particular one says 16:9 aspect on the cover but on the screen it is clearly 2.2:1 -- the letterbox format is contained within the 16:9 rectangle. My concern is that some 20% of the 576 TV lines...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 10th 07 10:22 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
21 517
DVD recorder - record from SCART by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Colleagues, A friend has rung me for advice, and unfortunately I can't help him. He wants a DVD recorder with analogue and digital tuners, which will also record from the SCART. That last bit is crucial. He doesn't want one with a hard disk. Now, Sony, Panny, Philips etc all do DVD recorders (most with hard disks). However, when you look at their Web sites, none of them state whether they
December 10th 07 05:00 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
5 231
Would I benefit from a PVR by Marky P
I've been reading so much about PVR's on here and how no one can live without one. Well, I have a Sony DVD/HDD combo, which I am very happy with, but would I benefit from having a PVR aswell? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 10th 07 04:39 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
38 738
What the visual effect Im seeing? by Gingangooli
ITV 5PM The Great Pretender quiz show. On both digital cable and analogue... why does THAT show look like its got a low "frame rate" (for want of a better description)? Anyone know? tia G
December 10th 07 04:34 PM
by Gingangooli Go to last post
8 196
PC to HD by Vass[_2_]
OK, how do I connect my PC with downloaded HD copies of films to display them on my HD TV ? TIA -- Vass
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 07 04:14 PM
by Ben Go to last post
17 530
Tevion Micro Freeview Receiver at ALDI by Adrian C
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_4409.htm Looks like a goodie for those upgrading older TV sets (or with users confused by their set AV switching buttons). This credit card footprint unit has no SCART, but has a RF modulated output. It also has audio description, a large remote, IR extender and low power consumption. Perhaps signs of someone doing their homework? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 07 09:55 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
17 1,543
Super Rolex watches sold by [email protected]
Hello http://www.shoessuperstar.com/ shoessuperstar.co.,LTD greets and desires of success and wishes you happy times. This is professional export company from china who carry PAYPAL payment and DROPSHIP . We greated in 1998 year ,and now we become the one of best supplier here because of we keep our credit standing . Pls visit our site if u are...
December 10th 07 08:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 182
Slightly OT - LCD's & Plasma screens.... by 'Nel'
Why is the surface of an LCD soft to the touch? Can you get LCD's with glass screens, or is it just plasmas?? I'm thinking of getting a decent size flat screen TV and was swaying towards LCD, but the screen surface is putting me off. I have an 8yr old disabled son, and can see the scenario where he touches the screen and becomes fascinated by the colour distortion - to the point where at...
December 10th 07 06:33 AM
by Harry[_3_] Go to last post
4 170
MEET NEW ADULTS! 5000+ NEW MEMBERS PER WEEK! FREE! by rm1p9dav
MEET NEW ADULTS READY FOR FUN IN YOUR AREA FOR FREE! http://www.meetnewadults.com 100% FREE PROFILE AND MEMBERSHIP ON THE NEWEST SITE!http:// www.meetnewadults.com - MEET NEW ADULTS NOW! - http://www.meetnewadults.com AGE VERIFICATION REQUIRED! http://www.meetnewadults.com 18+ ONLY! PRIVATE MESSAGES! CHATROOMS AND CHATBOARDS! PICTURES VIDEOS & SO MUCH MORE! FREE!
December 10th 07 06:17 AM
by rm1p9dav Go to last post
0 147
TV with built in freeview - how do you record progs? by Dot Net Developer
Is it possible to buy a hard drive based recorder without the tuner? Or is it normal to get one with perhaps a twin tuner for extra flexibility?
December 10th 07 06:12 AM
by Harry[_3_] Go to last post
8 288
Aerials - Log v YAGI - Emley Moor by Jane T
I intend very soon to phone a rigger (I can't believe I just said that, been lurking far too long). Since I can't tell a good one from a bad one, I have done a bit of homework. I will be getting my TV reception from Emley Moor. On aerialsandtv.com, it says that for Emley Moor I should install a DM Log for strong signal areas, Log 40 for medium signal areas and YAGI18B for weak signal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 07 08:07 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
14 421
Humax or Topfield ? by Grumps
Hi I've just started looking for a twin tuner (Freeview) box, and have found the Humax 9200 and the Topfield 5800. Both seem well respected, but is one better than the other? Mainly interested in sensitivity, reliability, support, user friendliness, wife-proof-ness. Any other makes in the same league or better? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 9th 07 05:11 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
84 1,586
Emley Moor Low power ? by alansd
Humax pvr Trying to record BBC 1 programmes - a couple of times recently programmes have broken up into severe blocking - all occurring about 5 minutes past midnight - almost looks as if the transmitter power (Emley Moor) has been reduced severely. Happened on Friday and Saturday nights, and last weekend - is this transmitter maintenance perhaps ? Any one experience anything similar ?
December 9th 07 12:08 PM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
3 248
sound out of sync by Geoff Pearson
I recorded "Cranford" the other night on my Philips DVD recorder, from my freeview receiver - but the sound is about a second out of sync. I can record it again on Sunday but is there any way to correct the sync error as I have it on a disk? I presume it was the freeview receiver that was at fault - sync errors are fairly frequent which I fix by changing channel and back. I was out this...
December 9th 07 11:59 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
8 185
Fight by No Name
What time did the Ricky Hatton fight eventually start?
December 9th 07 11:53 AM
by Andy Burns[_2_] Go to last post
5 185
BBC/ITV Freesat website launched by Malcolm H
"Mark Carver" wrote in message ... As subject:- http://www.freesat.co.uk/home.php -- Mark Can somebody explain what are the advantages of 'Freesat' over a Sky
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 9th 07 11:15 AM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post