Post New Thread
Do I require a set top box as well? by bm
I have a digital TV and am thinking of purchasing a DVD recorder with hard disk and built in Freeview tuner. In order to watch and record different programmes do I need an additional set top box? Blair
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 07 08:40 PM
by bm Go to last post
16 333
Get Paid $$$$ for Taking Online Surveys by Mike[_6_]
Get Paid $$$$ for Taking Online Surveys Join today and receive $4 to $250 for taking online surveys that influence the development of new products and services. Check my web site and start immediately earning extra money from your own computer at anywhere by taking online surveys http://www3.sympatico.ca/abdo4/
November 30th 07 06:49 PM
by Halmyre Go to last post
1 125
Log periodic by Brian[_2_]
Where is the best place to get an inexpensive log periodic from? Tx is only about 8 miles away, and line of sight so don't need fancy kits including masthead amps etc.
November 30th 07 03:30 PM
by Alan Go to last post
7 231
So what aerial do I need then? by ChrisM
Thinking of losing Virgin Media in the not too distant future, and just going with Freeview. I'm trying to work out what sort of aerial I'm likely to need, both straight away, and after the Analogue Switch Off, though I may well not be living at this address when that happens... I know about the Wolfbane site, and I've tried putting my postcode into that, but I'm not sure exactly how to make...
November 30th 07 02:56 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 1,265
THIS IS MOHAMMED 19 by msk2000
The Battle Of Badr The Muslims who had gone to Medinah, had left all their belongings behind in Mecca and these had been taken by their enemies. Thus, when the Muslims heard that Abu Sufyan, one of the leaders of Quraysh, was on his way back to Mecca from Syria with a large caravan of goods, they decided that the time had come for them
November 30th 07 12:15 PM
by Mike K Go to last post
2 190
Widescreen Sat Nav. by Lord Turkey Cough
Who in their right mind would want one of these? What possible advantage is there is being able to see more in one direction than the other? Obviously the answer is none, so why do people buy them, is it simply because they are brainwashed by the word widescreen?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 30th 07 09:49 AM
by Amethyst Deceiver Go to last post
67 853
Free Sky Service Question by TheScullster
Hi all I have been using inherited Sky hardware for 3 years now, but just the basic viewing box - a service which is now legitimised as Free Sat. A colleague of mine has a Sky+ install with all the recording facilities etc. If he cancels his subscriptions, will he still get the free stuff and will his recording features etc still operate? Or, having been a bona fide subscriber, will he have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 07 05:01 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
10 289
SE K800i - Expandable memory format? by ChrisM
As per the subject really, can it take standard (SD) memory cards, or only Sony Memory Sticks? It sounds like a good phone, but I have a pile of quite large SD cards, and really want a phone I can use them in, rather than having to shell out for yet another memory card format... -- Regards, Chris. (Remove Elvis's shoes to email me)
November 29th 07 08:12 AM
by Dr Hfuhruhurr Go to last post
4 151
HUNDSOME GAIN WITHOUT INVEST ON NET by dfh
Hundsome profit from internet Make quick good cash working 2 to 3 hours a day Work part time or full time as you like . . Work anywhere from home/ office without restrictions Guaranteed payment month after month Get the Secret Formula Money Making Formula a the links below http://moneywithaffiliateprogram.blogspot.com/
November 29th 07 07:54 AM
by dfh Go to last post
0 149
HUNDSOME GAIN WITHOUT INVEST ON NET by dfh
Money Online Without Investing Work part time or full time as you like . Make quick good cash working 2 to 3 hours a day . Work anywhere from home/ office without restrictions Guaranteed payment month after month Get the Secret Formula Money Making Formula a the links below http://moneywithaffiliateprogram.blogspot.com/
November 29th 07 07:49 AM
by dfh Go to last post
0 178
New Humax PVR-9200T software available by Dr Zoidberg[_2_]
Details here. http://www.hummy.org.uk/invison/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=49 Oh , and I see they now do a 320gb version as well. Still no ethernet port though -- Alex
November 28th 07 09:01 PM
by Darran Ames Go to last post
6 184
Broadcasters to launch joint VoD service by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/nov/27/bbc.itv -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info
November 28th 07 07:12 PM
by :Jerry: Go to last post
4 135
What's the IF frequency in a Freeview box? by Stephen
It can't be the long established 39.5 MHz for vision and 33.5 MHz for sound as there's only one carrier. If everything else remained the same as an analogue TV tuner, then the IF for a Freeview mulitplex would be 36.75 MHz. But that doesn't sound like a very convenient frequency. Doesn't it need to be a multiple of the symbol rate or something like that? Does anyone know what the IF...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 28th 07 06:55 PM
by Tony[_3_] Go to last post
24 1,033
If a yagi isn't colour coded........ by Brian[_2_]
How can I tell which band or type it is? Is there a website with the dimentions listed? I have to get channels 38 to 63, and currently 38 is a bit iffy sometimes. I would just like to be able to check which group aeriel I currently have before getting a new group E one.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 07 06:33 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
12 370
Signal booster circuit diagram by Lord Turkey Cough
Anyone got one of these? I have had two signal boosters fail on me, both within a year but I lost the reciepts. So I am thinking it can't be too hard to make one myself. I imagine it's just a transistor which has blown.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 07 05:08 PM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
17 1,559
Which distribution amp? by Simon Higgs
I have 3 TV outlets in the house, all diasy-chained. The cable is 'Low-Loss' co-ax. I realise that this isn't best. I need to add a 4th outlet, and am thinking to getting the down-lead replaced with better cable, adding a splitter next to the first outlet, and using the existing cable for the other two existing outlets. The new outlet would need to be run outside, and then back inside. Later,...
November 28th 07 03:58 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
1 144
Good Digital TV aerials by [email protected]
I have noticed Commtel supply a range of high quality Digital TV aerials, and digitally compatible low noise TV boosters, available from Focus, Homebase and Argos. The added benefit of the Commtel aerials over "unapproved" aerials is that the aerials themselves have been fully approved by the high standards of the CAI (Confederation of Aerial Industries) and also have the Digital Tick. I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 07 01:46 PM
by Graham. Go to last post
55 923
THIS IS MOHAMMED 18 by msk2000
spider had woven its web right across the entrance to the cave and a dove was nesting with her mate nearby. As the Meccans stood in front of the cave, with only the spider's web separating them from the fugitives, Abu Bakr began to fear for their safety. He whispered to the Prophet (pbuh), they are very close. If one of them turns we will be seen.' But he was comforted by the Prophet's reply:...
November 28th 07 01:36 PM
by Halmyre Go to last post
3 199
Transistor Developments 1953 by Ivan
A bit off topic for digital newsgroup I know, but just in case any other old timers are interested I've OCRd the editorial from the January 1953 edition of Practical Television about the then state of transistor technology. PRACTICAL TELEVISION & "TELEVISION TIMES" Editor: F. J. CAMM JANUARY 1953 EVERY MONTH Vol. 3 No. 32
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 28th 07 11:48 AM
by Graham. Go to last post
61 1,686
New house - New Aerial - Pt2 by Dr Hfuhruhurr
So I specified my requirements to the builder (via the old dear in the site office) Two points in that room, one point there, another there....... Then she says the immortal words "Make sure you get a Digital Aerial, they are more expensive but definitely worth it." I had to bite my lip very hard to stop myself telling her what a load of ******** that statement was. "Well that's what I was told"...
November 28th 07 08:18 AM
by Dr Hfuhruhurr Go to last post
9 277
Post New Thread