Post New Thread
Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Flash Stick by Ivan
I like the look of this, especially the ability to be able to record digital TV directly into its internal memory, has anyone on this group got one and if so how do they rate its performance? http://www.pinnaclesys.com/images/flash_dvbt/uk/index_uk.html
November 12th 07 12:00 PM
by Adrian A Go to last post
5 231
FTA ? true or false? by [email protected]
Is FTA true? I mean is it possible, and legal to get premium channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, Etc, for free from FTA? I've heard it is true because they are using gov. sats to rebroadcast, but others say no. I've also loked through the FTA channel list and I see nothing that has any premium channels.
November 12th 07 07:09 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 115
THIS IS MOHAMMED 6 by msk2000
adding ten camels each time. Finally they reached one hundred camels, and only then the lot did fall on the camels. 'Abd Allah was saved and everyone was very happy. 'Abd al-Muttalib however, wanted to make sure that this was the true result so he repeated the draw three times and each time it fell on the camels. He then gave thanks to Allah that He had spared 'Abd Allah's life. The camels were...
November 11th 07 11:20 PM
by msk2000 Go to last post
0 104
'five' problems by Bill Wright
Could anyone who is using a new Pace Skybox on a communal satellite distribution system and is having seemingly inexplicable problems with 'five' and its spin-offs please let me know? Bill
November 11th 07 09:48 PM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
4 129
Digital aerials???? by Brian[_2_]
Just copied this from an installer's website. Digital Aerials unlike analogue aerials can receive far more channels in the same amount of space using digital technology. It's got sod all to do with the aerial. But I suppose it looks impressive to the punter.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 07 05:47 PM
by Clive. Go to last post
14 228
THIS IS MOHAMMED 5 by msk2000
the time had come for him to live in Mecca. It was hard for Salma', Shaybah's mother, to let her son go with his uncle but she finally realized that it was for the best. Al-Muttalib returned to Mecca, entering the city at noon on his camel with Shaybah behind him. When the people of Mecca saw the boy they thought he was a slave and, pointing at him, called out 'Abd al-Muttalib', 'Abd' being the...
November 11th 07 07:57 AM
by housetrained[_3_] Go to last post
1 100
slingbox by tim.....[_2_]
HI, Has anyone got one of these? I have just moved overseas (again) and am looking to buy one. I note that I can use it straight out of the box to (remotely) receive freeview channels in real time, but ideally I want to connect it up to
November 10th 07 09:34 PM
by Fred X Go to last post
7 131
Freeview Multiplex D by Krustov
Its the only mux i cant pick up . Virgin 1 being the only channel on it i'm interested in as the odd episode of star trek DS9 would be good . - freeview box - usb pc freeview - tv with built in freeview Clearly its a aerial problem and not a hardware kit problem as all bits
November 10th 07 07:03 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 322
Maplin hard drive media enclosure by JPG
Having acquired a 250Gb HDD the other day I decided to splash out on this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=A87BY&DOY=%23DOY Not bad for 40 squids, I thought. Be ideal for my 32" CRT Tosh with home cinema, can play all that music and movies I have 'obtained' over the years, plus show may photos. Anyway, bought the beast yesterday - good quality electronics, nice
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 10th 07 04:13 PM
by DaveP Go to last post
13 737
500 Households in Whitehaven still not Digital by Dickie mint
On the front page of the DTG website (http://www.dtg.org.uk/)is this: -------------------------------------------- "With one week remaining until the UK's first digital switchover completes in Whitehaven, around 500 households in the area still need to purchase equipment to receive a digital TV signal according to research by Digital UK, the body in charge of switchover. While the research...
November 10th 07 03:54 PM
by Clive. Go to last post
6 260
Post Your products! by Submit your products - Free for All
Post Your products! First 100 Users for FREE!!! Promoting Your products directly to potencial buyers isn't always easy. Let allproducts.crogoo.net help you! Post Your products for FREE to get Your buyers now! The more products you post, the more buyers you get.
November 10th 07 01:41 PM
by Submit your products - Free for All Go to last post
0 115
LCD advice by Gordon MacPherson
I am going to replace my CRT with a 40 in LCD. I am thinking of the Sony Bravias but am usure which level to go for. I could just afford the X2000 or x3500, but Ido not know if I will ever need all their bits and bobs. I will be using it mainly for digital (freeview) TV and DVDs, plus looking at JPEG photos. I will not be playing games. Would there be any real disadvantage in going for the V...
November 9th 07 11:18 AM
by Steve Roberts Go to last post
9 169
Sky installers by Bill Wright
I was working at a house up in Geordieland a few weeks ago on behalf of the firm supplying a new TV set. The customer was a quietly spoken professional man who is living alone as the result of a tragic accident. Tw blokes turned up to install the Sky+ box. Honestly, I was shocked by their boorishness and ignorance. They asked the customer personal questions that would have been impertinent...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 07 09:36 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
10 336
Incorrect info on local BBC radio station by Marky P
I was listening to the Stephen Rhodes consumer programme on BBC Three Counties Radio today and they were talking about the digital switchover. But one thing they mentioned was the ability to receive digital radio on your Freeview box, so as of next year, you can listen to BBC 3CR! I emailed them to let them know that that wasn't going to happen. As of next year, BBC 3CR will be available via...
November 9th 07 09:01 AM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
3 149
golden care by [email protected]
golden care will present the best products for low payment http://golden-rm.zliog.com lcd tv monitor,network storage server,flat screen lcd tv,lcd tft monitor,laptop,eizo lcd,plasma tv,lcd computer monitor,netgear wireless adapter,cheap lcd tv, belkin wireless router,desktop pc,wireless router,buy samsung lcd monitor, lcd monitor arm,lcd tv monitors,usb adsl wireless router,laptop
0 145
Laptop to LCD TV by Gordon MacPherson
I am not sure where to go for advice but hope that the group may help. I am going to buy a LCD TV - probably a Sony Bravia KDL 40X2000. I have a Dell Latitude D410 laptop. I would like to be able to hook the two up so that I can view JPEGS on the FULL SCREEN on the TV. I am told that this may be difficult to achieve but that there may be adaptors that will do the trick. I would welcome any...
November 8th 07 07:52 PM
by Chas Gill Go to last post
8 222
TV aerial question by Steve
I've noticed a few properties round here with two aerials mounted one on top of the other , with both pointed in the same direction, one parellel to the ground and the other pointing upwards by a few degrees. Whats the benefit of doing this? For information we don't get digital round here very well(if at all) being at the limits of the oxford, sandy heath and crystal palace transmitters. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
11 350
Re again: pc to tv by -Darren-
"-Darren-" wrote in message ... Hi I have a standard panasonic widescreen tv (not flatscreen) It has 2 scart sockets, 1 set of "yellow, red and white" phono sockets and 1 other input (looks like a PS2 port found on a computer) My computer has a graphics card (Ati radeon 7000) which has a yellow phono
November 8th 07 04:04 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
5 155
Overheating LG digital TV by vigman
Just to clarifiy that I did return the LG LS194D due to overheating and an acrid burning smell. Pity as it was quite a good picture and Richer Sounds matched a web price to make it 257GBP, instead of their 299 price. (Mind you, they had to be reminded of the Sale of Goods Act and must not offer a credit note in this situation!) I've since found that overheating has been a problem in a number of...
November 8th 07 03:40 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 280
New Theatre in Shrewsbury upset Digital Reception by Dickie mint
Bit woolly journalism. Think they mean the new lump of building is in the path of satellite dishes? Though the Aerial technician Jim Macdonald (get that for a job title!) is up a ladder ( H & S?) under some Terrestrial aerials. From the picture it looks far enough away from...
November 7th 07 06:09 PM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
4 146
Post New Thread