Post New Thread
Two new dogs, one being TOT by Bill Wright
FIRST NEW DOG Whilst watching the BBC news tonight via satellite, with subtitles on, I was slightly surprised to see the familiar analogue TV '888' appear top right for five minutes. I speculate that the satellite subtitles originate from the analogue TV ones. SECOND NEW DOG I was slightly surprised for the second time in one evening when Paul turned up to say, "Well, we've got another...
January 12th 08 06:53 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
9 209
Sky Freesat & TV Licensing by Robin Faichney
I have a TV licence, have had for many years, and fully intend to do so in the future. However, it occurred to me to wonder whether people buying a Freesat viewing card from Sky will have their details passed to the TV licensing authorities, as if they'd bought a new TV. Anybody know about this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 08 06:25 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
34 728
For Sale: XBOX 360, PSP, NDS Lite, Wii Modded Consoles & Retro Stuff by [email protected]
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee100/gamersparadise/ StoreFront2.jpg http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee100/gamersparadise/ StoreFront.jpg http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee100/gamersparadise/ StoreFront3.jpg http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee100/gamersparadise/
January 11th 08 12:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 163
The Tears Of Finding The Truth by abdo911
Through The Internet INTRODUCTION The following story occurred on the Internet through one of the chat programs (Freetel) in January 1999. It is a real dialogue between a Christian and a Muslim. The story centers on Derek's realization of today's Christianity and his subsequent conversion to lslam. This Christian-Muslim dialogue has been edited for readability and for the...
January 11th 08 11:01 AM
by housetrained[_2_] Go to last post
1 150
Connecting cable TV wall point to set top box - wirelessly? by Lobster
Well, you can beam TV, broadband and telephone signals around the house, so I ws just wondering whether it would be feasible to hook up a transmitter to the cable emerging from VirginMedia's wall point, and a receiver to the one emerging from the set-top-box, to avoid having to run cables between the two? And how useful it would be just to be able to carry the STB between rooms/TVs at...
January 11th 08 12:14 AM
by widgitt Go to last post
6 251
Mux ado about nothing. by Lord Turkey Cough
You don't see much Shakespeare on Telly do you.
January 10th 08 11:11 PM
by Alan Go to last post
7 193
Video Sender Interference by Geoff Lane
This may be of use to someone as sometimes simple, but not so obvious remedies, work. Over a year ago I posted a question concerning continuous interference on my digisender making the device unusable; it had been working previously and problem appeared to coincide with new neighbours. The PSU for the digisender was plugged in to a multi socket which fed most of my TV equipment, I moved the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 08 07:34 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
13 675
Paramount to follow Warner Bros? by Ben
The FT are reporting that Paramount is about to follow Warner Brothers in abandoning HD-DVD in favour of Blu-Ray. If this happens then the format war will be all but over. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/dc409afa-bd75-11dc-b7e6-0000779fd2ac.html?nclick_check=1
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 10th 08 07:28 PM
by Ben Go to last post
21 810
HDMI cable by Dirk
Hello, is there a big diff. in quality between HDMI cables? I do find some cables at 10 euro for 1.5m and cables at 99 euro for 1 m. lenght. I do need a good HDMI cable to connect a full HD TV with a HD VCR with hard disk. What are the points that I have to look for. regards Dirk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 08 11:43 AM
by charles Go to last post
15 466
The Moslem Arab civilization by msk2000
Righteous Islam has raised the degree of science and scientists, and urged us to seek for knowledge, its main miracle is a "book" it is the Holy Koran ".and one of its verses "Read by the Name of your Lord ". We, the Arabs and Muslims, the men of pedigree in science, once we led the humanity to glory and strength, thanks to a liberal group of Arabs and Muslims scientists who held the torches and...
January 10th 08 03:46 AM
by msk2000 Go to last post
0 159
Someone crazy here all right by Woody Brison
Another example of how to change the subject line Wood
January 10th 08 01:21 AM
by Woody Brison Go to last post
0 135
David's transmitter world by Marky P
Anyone use that site? I discovered it fairly recently, but only looked at it in detail today. It's a nice alternative to mb21. Haven't checked yet to see if David's got any masts that aren't on mb21's site. http://www.davidstransmitterworld.com/ Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 08 12:59 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
11 348
Freeview "PDC"? by Paul D.Smith
I've heard rumours that PDC function is now available via Freeview. Are these rumours true and if so, what's the official name and are all channels using this feature? Thanks, Paul DS.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 08 12:17 AM
by Lord Turkey Cough Go to last post
13 801
Newbie. Unable to Receive Mux 2 and Mux D by Ali
Just bought a Humax box. I am totally new to Freeview, so please bear with me. I am receiving channels at about 60% signal, and full picture quality. I can't however receive the channels on Mux 2 and Mux D (ITV, Channel 4, etc.) Looking at the reception, I was getting about 25% signal, 0 quality on one Multiplex and was getting 60% reception, 0 quality on the other Multiplex (can't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 08 10:40 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
27 704
This newsgroup by Bill Wright
It's all very sensible on here at the moment. Too damned sensible in my opinion. I keep trying to inject a little levity, but there's no response. It's like trying to provoke a snoring wife to go and make a cuppa. Actually, it isn't because at least that would win me a kick in the knackers. Is everyone suffering from post-Christmas torpor, or is eveyone depressed because they're back at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 08 05:28 PM
by ChrisM Go to last post
23 564
Durabrand PVR 69 chez Asda by Ed
Asda are advertising a Durabrand 80gb PVR for 69 today. Is this the same inside as the Digihome from Argos or the Vestel at DSG? The buttons are certainly in the same place If so it should be a bargain. Argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321272/Trail/search...DIGIHOME.htm
January 9th 08 08:50 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
6 269
The new manifestation of Television Magazine by Bill Wright
Has anyone seen it? I'm reluctant to send off for a sub, following the Technology at Home disaster. http://www.televisionmagazine.co.uk/ Bill
January 9th 08 03:00 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 229
Contemplating purchase of Windows Media "Extender" by Vortex
I have a powerful PC that's been running Vista for 6 months. In that time I've been dabbling with the "Media Center" application, having installed a Hauppage WIN-TV card. I've been very impressed (both with Vista and Media Center). In many ways Media Center would appear to be far superior to Sky+ for viewing and recording TV. Of course watching TV on a PC in a family context is silly, as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 08 03:25 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
14 350
wrecking films by Douglas Paulley
I'm watching "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" on Channel 5 at the moment. The only thing is, there's been some form of stretch in the film. It's really noticeable whenever there's any of the poignant music: there's a waver. It's spoiling it. And there's a definite lipsync problem, a delay by a fraction of a second I think. Still it isn't as bad as what ITV2 did to Schindler's List the other
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 8th 08 01:41 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
30 635
Samsung hybrid HD-DVD/Blu-Ray out in two weeks :-) by Marky P
I ordered this hybrid machine back in October and is expected to arrive at my door within a couple of weeks. Be interesting to see how it performs. Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 08 11:15 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
14 382