Post New Thread
New Year Sponsored by Rolex. by Brian-Gaff
So there I was at 7pm on BBC 4 on new years day, and the concert started from Austria. I was shocked to hear, many times that it was sponsored by Rolex. This is the BBC man! You cannot advertise on there! I found out on there that the Vienna Boys Choir now accepts girls, which seems a little odd considering the name, but I have to say the engineering was very good. a realistic dynamic range...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 7th 16 11:20 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
29 363
Interesting by Me
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35103773
January 6th 16 09:35 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
5 211
OT Facebook by Bill Wright[_3_]
This is really me testing Thunderbird, which hasn't been working for a while. But anyway, amongst all the other ephemera and detritus flying around in a totally random pattern in my brain like the leaves and the grandchildren in the garden, is a thought that I will attempt to explain below. I used Facebook for a while. I only got into it because someone I was doing a bit of work for wanted...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 5th 16 07:34 PM
by critcher[_5_] Go to last post
29 424
Illegal Advertisement by Java Jive[_2_]
Don't you love it when IT tries to be too clever, and ends up getting it spectacularly wrong ... Qu: How many cells does a baby have? An: ... about between 430 billion and 4.3 trillion cells. Ad: * Human Babies Sale Idealprice.co.uk/Human-Babies Up To 70% Off Human Babies. Compare And Save.
January 5th 16 04:14 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
1 181
Digital TV in Weston by Dickie mint[_2_]
Spent Christmas in a budget hotel in Weston Super Mare. One joke allowed! and we saw the sea in three times - bonus?! Hotel TVs had a problem. Weston sees Mendip, Wenvoe and Stockland Hill. Added problem is that Wenvoe and Mendip channels are interleaved in same frequencies. Some rooms had BBC1 West on channel 1, some BBC Wales and others BBC1 South West. Hotel staff had no idea of how...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 16 02:55 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
14 403
KB3035583 by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
If you have Windows 7 and get an optional update, check what it is. I got KB3035583 today - again - and marked it as "Do not show" - again. I've killed this one several times but it keeps coming back. It's the one that puts that little square "Upgrade to Windows 10" icon near the bottom right of the screen. If there is anybody in your household who might click it accidentally and initiate an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 16 02:52 AM
by David Livingstone Go to last post
52 756
The Heroes of Telemark by Bill Wright[_3_]
Why was it blurred? Why could I see PAL-style chroma patterning when I watched in HD? Why was the sound poor? Surely better prints are available of this famous film. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 16 04:55 PM
by Ian Go to last post
19 312
Borrowed from another place by Kinnell
Http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Wireless_World_Magazine.htm
January 3rd 16 09:22 PM
by Andy Burns[_9_] Go to last post
3 184
12 Miles - The Narrow Sea: Missing episode on iPlayer by Java Jive[_2_]
12 Miles - The Narrow Sea http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pbpg3 Whatever happened to Episode 3? It's never been available via iPlayer. Does anyone know why? -- ======================================================== Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html
January 3rd 16 06:48 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
2 195
Domestic mysteries solved or deferred by Bill Wright[_3_]
1. The living room telly feeds its audio into a pre-amp, which feeds a power amp, which feeds two speakers. The right channel started acting funny. Distortion on loud passages and a general reduction in volume. I suspected the power amp, and wasn't too worried because it's one of a pair originally used in bridged mode, one for each channel, and the other one is OK. I turned the pre-amp round...
January 2nd 16 05:07 PM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
2 194
Top tip by Bill Wright[_3_]
If you find that the remote handset for the workshop TV set doesn't seem to work very well after you've been paint spraying, have a look at the little infra-red LED at the front end. Bill
January 2nd 16 01:18 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
8 279
BBC censorship by omission by Bill Wright[_3_]
On 27/12/2015 22:37, wrote: On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:15:07 +0000, Bill Wright wrote: On 27/12/2015 14:32, wrote: This story was on the front page of the Times. It does seem rather important to me and I find it astonishing that the BBC seem to be ignoring it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 16 06:53 PM
by Ian Go to last post
10 325
nice threpenny bits missus by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Ian wrote: I find Dairy Milk tastes completely different to how it used to even a few years ago. Wasn't sure if it was the product, or just my tastes changing as I hit middle age. I tend to prefer Galaxy now, which i never used to like when I was younger. James
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 1st 16 04:35 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
13 257
Rip off? by Dickie mint[_2_]
My son has moved house and jusr had a satellite dish installed for £250. Standard 3 bedroom semi, no installation problems. Is that a standard price or has he been ripped off. He says the installation is good quality, so it's not a botch job merchant. I'd have done it for him but he has no ladders, and does not know any of his neighbours to borrow any. And he's in Nottingham and I'm in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 15 08:18 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
19 368
One foot in the grave Xmas specials on Yesterday by tim.....
(Bill - note the capital letter!) I dunno what it is with those of you who think that there's something wrong with repeats/rerun channels as ISTM that they provide opportunist for gems such as this. I was never a fan of "Victor" as a child, so we didn't habitually watch this series, and I don't think that I have seen them before. But I watched the reruns of the half-hour progs earlier in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 31st 15 01:58 PM
by Steve Go to last post
34 651
Filtering out channel 28 by alan_m
I have a log period wideband aerial pointed at Bluebell Hill but can also receive very strong signals from Crystal Palace. The CP direction is in the shadow of tall buildings in the town centre whilst Bluebell Hill has a clear path and so is more reliable, hence my preferred transmitter. Both use transmitter channel 28. Bluebell Hill for 'local TV' and Crystal Palace for ArqB...
December 30th 15 11:22 PM
by I love spam Go to last post
7 233
nice threpenny bits missus by Mike[_19_]
In article , Brian-Gaff wrote: Yes I notice i have some of both kinds of 5 p and 2 p coins here, but 1 p and 10 p seem to still be non ferous. I just tried a handful, 2013-2014 coins -- 5p's and 10p's showing as ferrous content, so they are out there! -- --------------------------------------+------------------------------------
December 30th 15 12:37 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
3 241
The Dad's Army Story by Bill Wright[_3_]
Ten minutes into this drama, which is set in 1967, and we see David Croft is well ahead of his time with a Sky dish on his house. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 15 10:54 AM
by Ian Go to last post
20 500
The Good Old Days by Bill Wright[_3_]
The BBC are have been showing a few of these programmes, from the late 70s and early 80s. They demonstrate the decline in technical and entertainment standards since then. The performers don't use microphones; there are a few mikes at the front of the stage and possibly a boom mike that we don't see. Yet the sound is always perfect. The balance between the instruments of the orchestra and...
December 29th 15 08:53 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
5 242
Christmas Day so far by Bill Wright[_3_]
1. Hil gets up. 2. Me woken by the sound of a screechy voice whittering on and on. Kind person had brought us some home-made mince pies and was reluctant to leave. Whitter whitter screech whitter. 2. Dog tires of whittering and screeching and gets into bed with me, cuddles up, puts paws over ears. Dog's feet and undercarriage are muddy. 3. I stagger to the bog, barefoot, naked, eyes shut. I...
December 28th 15 08:34 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
4 198
Post New Thread