Post New Thread
No buffering since Christmas by Phi
Dash seems to have made a positive difference to my BBC viewing on iPlayer.
January 21st 18 05:10 PM
by David[_14_] Go to last post
8 97
( i ) This programme is subject to a correction. by Graham.[_12_]
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/8149Q9 -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 18 08:52 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
11 132
Why do people buy 2nd hand Sky boxes? by Lucky13[_2_]
I've had a Sky+ HD box passed on to me and I was wondering why people buy them on eBay? If you want the + bit you need to subscribe. If you want the HD bit you need to subscribe. If you want Freesat then you need a Freesat box. If you want free sat from Sky then you need to enjoy scrolling through an EPG of things you can't watch. I'm just wondering what their value is when Sky give you a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 14th 18 05:37 PM
by Robin[_8_] Go to last post
113 1,833
Peoples expectations of others. by Brian Gaff
As soon as normally normal sane people learn you know abit about electronics, yes even if now you are blind like myself, they ask you impossible questions about things that happen to their devices. So I was at a meeting today, and somebody asked me. My new TV keeps making a screeching noise and the picture freezes what is wrong with it? I mean do I look like I have a crystal ball. I mumble...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 18 11:31 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
18 168
Can I get rid of Flash Player now ? by Phi
Had a little box pop up whilst watching BBC1 iPlayer stream this morning showing this label: 2.16 30 1839433.u 5166kbps | dash (mf_bidi_https) | b09prpbk | 1280 x 720
January 10th 18 04:41 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
6 129
If you were buying a new telly.. by Brian Gaff
Would you go for Freesat or Freeview? I'm in two minds, of course many sets do have both, but it is attractive to not have to worry about constant retunes, and presumably the audio description side works very much the same way, as would the program guide from the other source. Some channels are different but in the main the ones which are are the also rans. Has anyone tried AD or speaking...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 10th 18 12:47 AM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
41 201
Mumblers united by Brian Gaff
Has tv drama decided to record all dialogue as mumbles? I was watching the box last night to see what was on and something on bbc 1 which I'm assuming was a drama seemed to have all the dialogue mumbled. At first I thought it was my ears, but no, I could hear other channels dialogue fine. I've noticed this on and off before. One cannot even blame music or sound effects. its just low level...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 18 03:35 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 152
mb21 Christmas Transmitter Quiz by Mark Carver[_2_]
Anoraks on everybody, this should keep such minded folk busy ! http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/xmasquiz.shtml To enter, please email your answers no later than 1 January 2018. The entrant with the highest number of correct answers will win a lovely tub of xmas choccies from Amazon. Editors' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Consolation prize of one festive garden...
January 8th 18 03:23 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
1 87
iPlayer needs an aerial? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Today we had a customer who said that iPlayer wouldn't work on his Polaroid TV without an aerial being connected. Sceptical, we tried ourselves. He was right. Every other catch-up service worked but not iPlayer. When iPlayer was attempted a message came up saying that the aerial had to be connected. Paul googled and found this: It's a quirk of Vestel's software apparently, so as well as the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 18 06:51 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
12 162
Poor signal quality on CH60 mux by WCZ[_5_]
Over the past couple of weeks I've been getting intermittent picture breakup on all channels carried by the CH60 mux on the Oxford transmitter. Tele and both PVRs attached to it are affected and looking at the signal stats when the picture is breaking up I see good signal strength but the signal quality is all over the place. I've not added anything new to the setup in months and it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 6th 18 06:33 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
20 173
Does any hardware still allow playing of CD video? by Brian Gaff
I'm talking the cd sized discs you used to get that were gold in colour, but had one big video track and a couple of normal audio tracks. IE its not a DVD or a Philips laserdisc as such, though I'd imagine it was using the same tech as Pioneerr combination players seemed to play them and some computers of the Amiga type did as well but that might just have been software. On a pc it shows...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 6th 18 06:24 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
22 211
Star Wars Rogue 1 - pricing on Amazon by David[_14_]
Prices from Amazon: Amazon Video £7.99. Blu-ray £11.99 DVD £15.85 O.K., the DVD is not directly from Amazon but the other two are and they are all on the same page.
January 6th 18 04:47 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
8 119
OT Goebles reborn in Germany. by Bill Wright[_3_]
On 04/01/2018 16:41, harry wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/01/02/germany-to-begin-enforcing-hate-speech-laws-on-social-media-sites/ Having imported thousands of rapists/murderers, Merkel wants to stop Germans bitching on about it. It's Goebbels, although we all knew who you meant. But yes, the German government are going back to the traditional mindset that has always beset...
January 5th 18 07:01 PM
by Cursitor Doom[_2_] Go to last post
1 106
A discussion in that D-I-Y group by Brian Gaff
Has probably deliberately been winding me up as several folk over there do not like AD subtitles or in the case in point, signing. The problem as I see it from reading some web sites is this. If bandwidth were not an issue, it would be easy to add a signed video track to the output of a channel and hide it when its not wanted, but because these days at least, bandwidth is seemingly cut to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 1st 18 06:12 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
25 201
Neff Oven by Pinnerite
My wife has two matching ovens stacked one above t'other. Last week the upper one went 'bang' and took out the circuit breaker. Restored, that oven appears dead as the proverbial Dodo. I checked the 'easy-to-get-to' things from the front but now I have to take the whole thing out to get to the back. As it is relatively high off the ground I needed something to perch it on. I think I have...
December 31st 17 11:09 AM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
8 131
Problems with CP? or is it time for a new twig? by [email protected][_2_]
Hi All, Have been having problems with the BT Youview box falling off the digital cliff (audio and video stuttering / breaking up / dropping out) for the past few weeks. Worse in stormy weather. We are about 18 miles nearer the coast than CP (Horsham). Is anyone else suffering similar? or is it time to call on the services of ye olde aerial rigger? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 17 07:08 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
10 122
I have a Cadfael music CD with 23 tracks on by Phi
The sound spectrum of this CD seems extraordinarily broad. Would this have been a special recording setup (sound track of video programme production) ? as many of my other CDs (Orchestral) appear to be quite narrow in bandwidth by comparison.
December 30th 17 11:58 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 107
Amazon malfunction in prime?... by Brian Gaff
In other words. I've not been near their site for nearly a week this morning two emails come through and I've been given a gift for Christmas. A free month of prime. I don't want Prime I never asked for it. So being the careful person I am I did not click the link in the offending emails, I went to my bookmark in firefox. Sure as they said I have been enrolled. So why? Seems totally random, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 29th 17 09:54 PM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
21 171
HD guard interval and symbol duration by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've just had a look at the data streams from our local TX. The SD muxs give a specific value for guard interval and transmission mode. But the HD lists 'AUTO'. So what are the actual times for the guard interval and symbol lengths these days for HD DVB-T2 in the UK? Jim --
December 29th 17 06:26 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 113
OT question by Bill Wright[_3_]
What are the parameters that set the speed of electromagnetic transmission in a vacuum? I've googled everywhere but I can't find the answer. It's easy enough to find the figure but WHY? Why not 29,979,245.8 metres per second or 2,997,924,580 metres per second? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 29th 17 04:05 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
110 350