Post New Thread
Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers? by Java Jive[_2_]
As per subject. I've tried searching their site, but unfortunately it's the usual over-engineered, under-tested pile of sh*te - for example ... You can search for stores within a given radius of your postcode, six stores came up for me. You follow the link for the first one to find what's on offer. No sat dish, so you click 'back', but now the search page has lost the f*king postcode (yet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 17 09:04 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
18 89
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 Launch 5:54:39 pm tonight by Adrian Caspersz
Flinging more things into space, and ... http://www.spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/spacex_iridium1_press_kit.pdf "following stage separation, the first stage of Falcon 9 will attempt a landing on the 'Just Read the Instructions' droneship that will be stationed in the Pacific Ocean" Webcast is live 20 minutes before launch.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 17 12:09 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
29 127
dialogue on some programmes by Brian Gaff
Now I'm not an Eastenders view/listener, but had it running while waiting for Spy in the wild. last night. The dialogue was from OK to mumble aand background noise, while the AD track was always very loud. Is it always this way? I'd have thought that by now having been running so long the sound engineers could have done better? In case you are wondering about the perverse reason for a blind...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 17 09:11 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
15 83
Sherlock by Scott[_2_]
Does anyone share my view that the the scriptwriters followed the story more accurately, there be be no market for 'spoilers'?
January 20th 17 10:13 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
5 58
Recording to a flash drive by Pinnerite
One of my friends has a 40 inch 'smart' Samsung TV. It offers recording facilities via a USB socket. I told them that it should be possible to record to a flash drive. Now that 128GB drives have reached reasonable prices, it seems a practical proposition. The trouble is the spec. One pundit wrote that USB 3.0 drives wouldn't work on a USB 2.0 TV socket.
January 20th 17 04:47 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
7 93
BBC Watchdog Scaremongering by Adrian Caspersz
Number of programs watched this season: 5 Number of shoes needed to be retrieved from behind TV: 5 -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 19th 17 10:33 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
28 138
Pointless BBC Scheduling by Brian Gaff
Ah thus confirming what I've always thought. Scheduling consists of tossing a whole series up in the air and running them as they fall to earth. meanwhile the team adjoined to the pub. Is this series not made by a company with a name that sounds like a headache pill in any case? Brian -- ----- -
January 19th 17 10:29 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 69
Mel Giedroyc by Phi
I see the ubiquitous lady is moving up the ladder rapidly now. The BBC has found a cost efficient icon to splash around. Good luck to her, she's been making the tea long enough.
January 16th 17 11:33 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
5 80
TV wall brackets - possibly dumb question by David[_14_]
Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the bracket or the TV? Trading in our camper, but keeping the TV, and not sure if the screws go with the bracket or stay with the TV. Cheers Dave R
January 15th 17 08:45 PM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
7 75
Who decides about what to AD? by Brian Gaff
I ask as there seems no particular logic to it. The program on Bones needed it but did not have it. Last night a film on Film 4 called The frogmen, an old war film had it, but more modern films on there don't have it. I think the old Avengers could do with it for the new viewers, but it does not have it, likewise a lot of the new US series on the five channels do not have it, but some do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 14th 17 10:47 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
39 174
Redesign I player more like Netflicks? by Brian Gaff
What is the bbc board wibbling about? If they change it yet again so many smart tellies blind people and people who expect things to just work will be incensed they will get buried under complaints, unless they mean a subscription model to watch catch up, that is going to be very 'popular' Im sure, pass the Russian hacked downloader. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 17 08:17 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
15 113
crimping F-connectors by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I have in the past just used screw-on F-connectors but I would like to try crimping. I have a reel of what I thought was CT100 cable but wikipedia suggests that CT100 was a brand and says that it is no longer made because the manufacturer closed down. I have been looking at cheap crimp tools and they claim to work with rg59, rg6, etc. What is the rg-equivalent or nearest equivalent...
January 13th 17 05:09 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
1 53
Query about Slingboxes, HDMI, component video & Humax by Tim+[_4_]
We bought a Slingbox the other day. Seemed like a good idea at the time as we're probably going to be in France this summer during the Tour de France and thought it would be nice to watch the commentary and recordings on U.K. television from our Humax HDR Fox T2. It was only when I looked at the back of the Slingbox and noticed the absence of an HDMI input that I realised that we'd be limited to...
January 13th 17 02:09 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
0 116
Flying Scotsman on the Severn Valley Railway by Bill Wright[_3_]
Who amongst my brethren here could identify the transmission sites visible on this excellent film? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 17 08:13 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
11 118
St Nigel (OT) by Bill Wright[_3_]
Just starting on LBC: Nigel Farage Show 732 on Freeview Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 11th 17 06:19 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
20 133
Remotes by Woody[_5_]
I have recently acquired a Humax Freesat HB1000S and a HDR-FoxT2 PVR. They are in the same room and their remotes interact. Does anyone know if there is a way around this problem or will I have to swap my sat Rx back to a Sky multi-room box? -- Woody
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 17 11:30 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
13 79
Any way to get an alert for a particular episode? by Phil Reynolds
Is there any way to get an alert as to when a particular episode of a TV series is due to be shown? (using either the Internet or facilities on a Sky+ HD box to get the alert) It is an episode of "Heartbeat", for which I have the title and the series and episode numbers, but it is rarely shown, usually only on "graveyard shift" showings. (The High Life, S12E15) Any ideas how I might finally get...
January 9th 17 06:52 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 74
Urgent police request for Samsung 42" rear projection televisons,functionality does not matter for house fire reconstruction by [email protected]
Hi, West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction. As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened but need a specific Samsung TV. They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF. Anyone who...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 17 06:21 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
17 104
Advice on mast and bracket please by Jim
Hi everyone, I'm about to mount an small (10" x 10", less then 1KG) 4G external antenna (bands 42/43 which is supposed to be 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz) to an old Sky TV bracket and mast but Id like your input before i buy anything. The link below will show you the old (at least 20 years, but feels very solid) Sky TV bracket and bent mast https://s26.postimg.org/5evbydgu1/20170105_160152.jpg Also...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 17 01:34 PM
by Jim Go to last post
12 99
O/T ping Bill Wright. by [email protected]
Hi Bill, I was wondering if I could pick your brain about mobility scooters? This newsgroup probably isn't the most appropriate venue so if you are willing, would email be ok? Is the f2s address in your messages valid? Thanks in advance,
January 9th 17 02:32 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
3 75
Post New Thread