Post New Thread
Humax HDR - 2000T by Alaric
I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year and it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to use it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work otherwise. I cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other functions. I switched it off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched it back on but still nothing. I changed the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 17 08:21 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
41 143
I s there anyone on here who is also blind? by Brian Gaff
I was wondering what the quality of the spoken features were on the Panasonic and Samsung ranges. IE do the program guides get read properly, are all the menus usable with speech of options etc, and any smart features or internal apps, do they function with speech or are they crippled due to them being third party things and programs? I'm certainly not going to pay for a telly when a box...
February 15th 17 04:19 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 52
BBC1 Scheduling - Contempt for Viewers? by Sam
For our sins we record and watch Father Brown on BBC1. Series 4 has just finished and a new series starts next week. This will be series 5? No way - the schedule shows that they start off with the first two episodes of Series 3 and them jump to episode 6. What logic and thought for the viewer! Sam
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 14th 17 10:30 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
27 106
OT Euronews by [email protected]
Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known. Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in under "other channels"? Thanks in advance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 17 06:07 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
18 81
Here's a good idea by Phil L
Bill Wright wrote: Let the NHS send the invoices for all the foreigners who come over here for free treatment to the Overseas Aid Department. It would be that department's job to chase the payment. If they didn't get it it would reduce the money we shovel overseas. The invoice would be inflated to well above the actual NHS cost. This idea would relieve the NHS staff of the job of debt...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 17 08:06 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
34 136
Public thank you to the group especially Woody by Jim
About a month ago i posted on here asking for some advice on a mast and bracket for my new hardware to enable me to get a decent 4G signal to use as my broadband (Relish.net) as my current speed was rubbish. Well i just wanted to say a huge thanks to the group for all your help and suggestion with your input has enabled me to get a speed of 30/07 which round here is unheard off. I have to...
February 14th 17 12:32 AM
by Jim Go to last post
0 54
Unforgotten by Pinnerite
Yesterday evening, my wife and I had settled down to watch the final episode of this serial drama. Unfortunately, Mrs Pinnerite had 'pressed the wrong button' with the result that for the first time we were listening to an audio accompaniment. It was irritating at first. During the intervals we were feverishly trying to to reverse the facility but didn't manage to so for quite some...
February 13th 17 11:24 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
4 68
Finding who has rights to something by Brian Gaff
Back in the Day there was a talking set top pvr sold under the TVonics brand name. After some messing about it seems, at least from anecdotal info, that RNIB have intellectual copyright on much of the original design. However nobody at RNIB seems to actually know. Typical corporate amnesia I'd say. Does anyone know anything about this as I seem to recall some were sold just as pvrs before...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 17 11:16 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
13 71
Heroes on CBeebies by Scott[_2_]
I have just seen Cadbury's Heroes being distributed on CBeebies. Does this not breach both product placement rules and ban on promoting junk food pre-watershed? .
February 12th 17 08:12 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
3 59
700 MHz clearance starts March 1 by Mark Carver
At Selkirk, for BBC A. Nice of Ofcom et al to give plenty of notice (less than 4 weeks) that many viewers' aerials will require replacement (at the viewer's own expense ?). http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/92011/Selkirk_700MHz_clearance_briefing_from_Digital_UK.pdf --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 17 06:29 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
53 135
Make sure your van is locked. by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.facebook.com/100007619076616/videos/1808193382777947/ Thieves using a blocker to disable the central locking.
February 11th 17 04:41 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
0 56
Pigeon poo protection by Brian-Gaff
I was looking well feeling, an old aerial a person had taken of their roof a while ago, and the comment was it would still be OK today if not for the bloody pigeons their **** rotted away the metal. I have to say that certainly under the encrusted ' 'Guano' was a heck of a rusted away self tapping screw in a and the unit had a couple of elements missing so one can deduce that the screws...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 17 01:29 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
10 72
Radio 2 by Brian Gaff
OK not tv, but they do have it on freeview. Note that they have gotten rid of After Midnight real live programming and seem to be using a kind of Jukebox software to present what they call radio 2 playlists, withe plugs and comments obviously recorded and slipped into the right places by software. OK they run old versions of popular programs from the previous week as well, but is this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 11th 17 08:25 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
42 95
Firefox OS by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just picked this up in another NG: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/02/mozilla-ends-firefox-os-connected-device-ambitions-lays-off-50/ Why is this relevant to this NG? Because Panasonic used Firefox OS in some of their TVs. I have one and wonder who will be doing updates - if any? -- Jeff
February 10th 17 10:56 AM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
6 61
Subtitle fun by Davey
I know that the subtitles are often wrong, and even funny, but I did like the BBC lunchtime news informing us that there had been a Turkish parrot in the US for the last 18 months. I even played it back to check, and yes, that's what it said. Glorious. -- Davey.
February 10th 17 07:59 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 55
air rifle practice by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_1805.JPG
February 9th 17 06:58 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
1 57
Taylor RF filters by Peter Crosland
I am having a clearout and the following items are available as a job lot free to anyone who wants them. All you have to do is pay the postage and packing at a nominal £5.00. 2 X Taylor TBBD4 Double notch filters 1 X Taylor TD6-10SF six way splitter 1 X Taylor TR18K Variable attenuator 4 X Unbranded F type inline attenuators. 1 x 3dB, 1 X 6dB and 2 X 10dB First come first served.
February 7th 17 05:37 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
0 56
Bloomin digital. by Brian Gaff
According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as neither of them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not surprise me as two computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be over half a minute out of register. It rather brought up the idea of when the year started into perspective. It was all over the place, so it seems to me that one of the major...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 17 01:19 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
255 536
Reliable PVR? by T i m
Hi all, Not sure this is the right place to ask but I've been tasked with helping some technophobe inlaws into the PVR world. Now, I understand Humax gear is known to be fairly user friendly but I'm not sure they are as reliable as I want to risk as a recommendation (based on the one the Mrs had before I got her a Topfield TF5800 like mine).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 17 04:33 PM
by T i m Go to last post
182 262