Post New Thread
Humax FVP-4000T Dimensions by Bill Ward[_2_]
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the Humax FVP-4000T Bill.
March 30th 17 11:17 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 63
Fly tipping by Brian Gaff
Bill if you crosspost many news servers won't let you reply to both groups any more. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
March 27th 17 02:04 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
8 65
Freeview Play and subscription channels by Bill Ward[_2_]
Can the Humax FVP-4000T get subscription channels like Racing UK and At The Races. Bill.
March 25th 17 09:53 PM
by Bill Ward[_2_] Go to last post
5 62
Smart talk replacement remote controls by Brian Gaff
Does anyone know if its possible to get these? I ask as I know in the past on here folk have suggested that people get a remote that can be taught what to do. Sadly for a blind person they get used to the buttons shapes and positions. These remotes are the weak link in this basic device since the bits of debris from the rubber buttons get into the wells for the contacts and stop them...
March 24th 17 07:55 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 53
ch4 plus 1 during news by Brian Gaff
Yesterday, a short time into the news, early evening the whole thing went orf. Well it was still getting a signal but it was blank and no sound. Most peculiar. It came back suddnly later in the news. I was not around to see if the non plus 1 had it as well. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
March 24th 17 06:28 AM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
3 65
This content does not seem to be working by Phi
Halfway through Attenborough on the Great Barrie Reef on iPlayer through Browser, it just stops dead. Had near perfect streaming up to this point. I had to restart, but not from where I left off.
March 23rd 17 09:13 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 52
Freesat EPG and ch. 4 etc. by PeterC
All of the EPG is OK for 7 days except for Ch. 4, it's clones and some, I assume, associated channels. These are OK for 5 days only. Any idea why, please? It's a bit of a nuisance as I like to check what's on in a week's timeon each day. -- Peter. The gods will stay away whilst religions hold sway
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 17 07:57 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 86
TV system conversion by Bill Wright[_3_]
At the time when when I was a baby the only way was to point a camera at a screen. Results were unimpressive. By 1964 things had moved on and conversion was electronic. The equipment had 2,000 transistors and occupied two full height racks. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=5266568 I have just bought a gadget that converts TVI and AHD to HDMI, VGA, and CVBS. It handles 720p...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 22nd 17 12:36 PM
by NY Go to last post
40 160
serving the public by Bill Wright[_3_]
For many years I've used a particular butcher. I must have spent thousands in that shop. I believe in building up a relationship. Yesterday I asked for something I often buy: beef dripping (it makes fantastic roasties). "Don't keep it any more." "Why?" "Not many people wanted it." He shrugged and turned away. I was going to say, "Well I buy it," or something like that, but then I thought,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 21st 17 09:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
54 200
Weird channel anomaly by Pinnerite
My incoming aerial signal is amplified after it enters my loft. It feeds down through the first floor to the ground floor where it is fed into a socket on a TBS dual tuner card in a computer serving as an HTPC. This has an output socket from which a cable feeds a Samsung Smart TV sited above it.. Recently one of the channels on the TV said that CBS Drama had moved and to retune. We did,...
March 19th 17 03:13 PM
by pinnerite Go to last post
2 59
Redifuson switcher by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwoke4pvkwpetll/redif%2001.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8qt9kajhcs5k0c/redif%2002.jpg?dl=0 Wasn't there some discussion here about the old cable TV systems? Here are two pictures of the switch that they used to mount on the windowsill. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 17 01:22 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
13 88
get_iplayer cannot get metadata since 13th March (Monday afternoon) by Johnny B Good[_2_]
Hello group. I've not been able to update the index since Monday afternoon. Requesting the full TV listing (piped to a text file) reveals an index with less than 7000 entries, none later than about 2pm last Monday. If I try to force a list of *added* entries by looking for "channel patrol", it comes up empty. It looks like either something's screwed up my installation of get_iplayer...
March 17th 17 02:32 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 8
Please recommend a DTT PVR by fred[_3_]
My ageing mum has just moved house to no Sky (and box with record) - DTT only. Please recommend a PVR. I believe I saw one in Tesco at ~ 130. Simplicity of use (not masses of features) is paramount. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 16th 17 08:02 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
23 109
Upgrade on Humax You view box by Dean Jackson
How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being introduced to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list system. D.J.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 17 08:28 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
17 113
LLanddona Transmitter BBC Four? by Michael Chare[_5_]
Will the LLanddona transmitter ever be upgraded to transmit BBC Four HD. There is just CBBC HD. -- Michael Chare --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
29 137
SS:GB Pic wobble?. Episode 3 by tony sayer
Is it me or did anyone notice the picture waving about a bit from 3:55 mins in?. It was there on the live broadcast and now on iplayer too?. -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 17 09:36 AM
by Bob[_12_] Go to last post
11 127
Sky doing away with dishes?? by Brian Gaff
I was intrigued by a comment from an expert on one of these late night phone ins the other day about the great plan for Sky is to be completely internet based in a few years, thus no dish will be needed. Does this not in effect make them a cable company? If they do go this route, where would that leave freesat? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 10th 17 09:45 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
87 258
terrible confusion by Bill Wright[_3_]
The other day I had a vague thought about the switch from analogue to digital TV, and somehow in my mind it got confused with the switch from 405-VHF to 625-UHF. Oh dear. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 17 02:17 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
20 127
Hybrid electric generators by Ian Jackson[_6_]
There's just been an item on the 10:30pm BBC 1 local news for London about using a hybrid generator to supply the electricity for the operations to demolish a Ford site in Dagenham. The hybrid generator uses diesel and electricity - so when it's running on electricity, it's using electricity to generate electricity. Are we approaching the time when efficiencies of more than 100% can be...
March 9th 17 10:49 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
6 67
Where has all the SW gone? by Benderthe.evilrobot
"David Woolley" wrote in message ... On 06/03/17 19:47, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote: I'd been giving half-arsed consideration to building a VHF airband set. Maybe a hetrodyne add-on I've retuned an old, fully analogue Band II portable onto the 2m band in the past, so it is definitely in the pulling range for analogue...
March 8th 17 07:49 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
0 64
Post New Thread