Post New Thread
weird inverse quantum effect by pinnerite
Quantum mechanics tells us that particles in a multiple of different states will flip to one of those states when observed. For months I have been scanning photographic positives and negatives for several months. Periodically, during final scans, the Silverfast software will sometimes fail with 'unknown error' but if I sit there staring at it more often than not it will complete its final...
January 19th 16 12:17 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 192
Wall to wall snooker by Brian-Gaff
I simply do not see the point in using bbc 2 for the whole of the evening for snooker. Is it really that rivetting and popular? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
January 19th 16 12:15 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 290
Getaway Car by Davey
I think that the BBC missed out by not mentioning on the innumerable adverts. for this programme that it featured The Stig. Mind you, was it the real Stig? He looked different, and of course, his face was always hidden. -- Davey.
January 18th 16 12:34 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
8 441
Rowridge: if a tree falls in the forest... by Bill Wright[_3_]
I have today been perusing a most splendid publication: 'Television Viewer's Guide', available from http://radioguide.co.uk/tv-guide/television-viewers-guide.html This is an invaluable publication and in fact is part of the course work for this newsgroup, so you must obtain a copy. There's no chance of passing the exam unless you have the book. Students with both parents in prison can apply...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 15th 16 12:33 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
22 691
Is Iplayer on the blink by Brian Gaff
Recently I've been getting the intro music to a channel the content is from, you know the little jingle, then a long pause and then a caption saying. this content does not seem to be playing while buffering stays on the screen. This was last night. Sometimes it would work but not often. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
January 14th 16 11:41 PM
by pamela Go to last post
3 252
How to trace a phone call by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
Did anybody watch "Endeavour" last night, and were you paying attention? I've just watched the recording and about 40 minutes in there's a standard scene where they're waiting in a family's home for a ransom call from kidnappers, with some technical gubbins to record and trace the call, and I thought I recognised some of it. Sure enough, there was a reel to reel tape recorder, a Tandberg with...
January 12th 16 08:15 PM
by NY Go to last post
7 315
An "All 4 and tablets" rant by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Just an FYI before you make the same mistake as me. I have a Samsung Galaxy tab for which there are 'All 4', 'ITV Player etc apps. I've just bought a Samsung 'dongle' that allows me to display the tablet's screen via HDMI on a TV - but not 'All 4'. For reasons that only Channel4 know, the 'All 4' applet specifically blocks attempts to show it on the TV, putting up a message proudly...
January 12th 16 02:08 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 288
Ultimate cost saving? by [email protected]
I've just bought a new Sony TV. Unpacked it, looked for an instruction book like the comprehensive one that came with the old Sony.There's no book, just a single sheet of paper covering several different TV models and 21 different languages, showing how to fit the table stand - nothing at all about wall fixing, nothing at all about connections and setting it up. Fitted the wall bracket from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 12th 16 12:59 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
114 1,014
Miracast/WiDi? by Kenny Cargill
Acer laptop and LG Smart TV, when laptop had Win 8.1 was able to "Project" what was on laptop screen to TV. Since upgrading to Win 10, clean install on a new SSD, can't "Project" but can "cast to device" audio and video files provided the TV has codecs for that file type. Using Win 8.1 Miracast/WiDi had been a bit flaky and unreliable, I thought maybe it would work better in Win 10 but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 16 12:05 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
16 567
BAFTA LA by Davey
1. Why is BAFTA in LA? 2. Who is Amy Schumer? 3. Why is Amy Schumer? -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 16 10:29 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
18 317
BBC deliberately distorts the audio? by Bill Wright[_3_]
On PM last night there was an interview about the mass sexual assaults by immigrants in Germany on New Year's Eve. Now, my suspicions of bias and cover-up were aroused when this story broke on the internet on New Year's Day but didn't appear on the BBC until much later, but this interview (36.55) had the most awful audio quality. I would have thought that if the BBC wanted us to hear what...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 16 10:39 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 592
Amy Winehouse program breaks by Tim+[_4_]
We recorded the prog on our Humax and on playing it back tonight. At every commercial break the screen has cut abruptly to black with a nasty crackle through the speakers. Never had this before. Anyone else had this when playing back the recording? Anyone watch it live? Just wondering if our newish AV amp is in any way to blame. Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 16 11:31 AM
by Ian Go to last post
16 288
The technology has improved, but what about the design? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just got a Panasonic TX-55CX680B to replace the 7-years old 37" Panny. Works well, setup straightforward. But I wonder why manufacturers don't think a little bit more about the practicalities. 1. I feel sorry for those with no DIY skills and who can't use (or don't have) a Pozi screwdriver. Out of the box you need to assemble the stand by screwing it together, and then screwing it to the TV....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 16 11:19 AM
by Ian Go to last post
42 525
Things are getting silly now by Phi
http://www.techradar.com/news/television/lg-s-98-inch-uh9800-is-the-world-s-first-8k-hdr-tv-1312284
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 16 10:07 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
10 517
Jericcccco by Brian-Gaff
I understand this is a new series on the itv. I do hope its not supposed to be in biblical times as the voice I heard on the trailer sounded pretty north of England to me, I was waiting for ee by gum. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 16 04:05 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
27 427
Russ does it again! by JohnT[_11_]
Some fantastic bargains. Russ has done us proud again! http://www.russandrews.com/winter-promotions/?page=all Where else could you by a Mini Purifier Euro SuperClamp for a measly 75.50? -- JohnT
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 9th 16 11:52 AM
by tim..... Go to last post
59 685
New Year Sponsored by Rolex. by Brian-Gaff
So there I was at 7pm on BBC 4 on new years day, and the concert started from Austria. I was shocked to hear, many times that it was sponsored by Rolex. This is the BBC man! You cannot advertise on there! I found out on there that the Vienna Boys Choir now accepts girls, which seems a little odd considering the name, but I have to say the engineering was very good. a realistic dynamic range...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 7th 16 11:20 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
29 362
Interesting by Me
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35103773
January 6th 16 09:35 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
5 210
OT Facebook by Bill Wright[_3_]
This is really me testing Thunderbird, which hasn't been working for a while. But anyway, amongst all the other ephemera and detritus flying around in a totally random pattern in my brain like the leaves and the grandchildren in the garden, is a thought that I will attempt to explain below. I used Facebook for a while. I only got into it because someone I was doing a bit of work for wanted...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 5th 16 07:34 PM
by critcher[_5_] Go to last post
29 423
Illegal Advertisement by Java Jive[_2_]
Don't you love it when IT tries to be too clever, and ends up getting it spectacularly wrong ... Qu: How many cells does a baby have? An: ... about between 430 billion and 4.3 trillion cells. Ad: * Human Babies Sale Idealprice.co.uk/Human-Babies Up To 70% Off Human Babies. Compare And Save.
January 5th 16 04:14 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
1 180
Post New Thread