Post New Thread
LLanddona Transmitter BBC Four? by Michael Chare[_5_]
Will the LLanddona transmitter ever be upgraded to transmit BBC Four HD. There is just CBBC HD. -- Michael Chare --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
29 86
SS:GB Pic wobble?. Episode 3 by tony sayer
Is it me or did anyone notice the picture waving about a bit from 3:55 mins in?. It was there on the live broadcast and now on iplayer too?. -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 17 09:36 AM
by Bob[_12_] Go to last post
11 75
Sky doing away with dishes?? by Brian Gaff
I was intrigued by a comment from an expert on one of these late night phone ins the other day about the great plan for Sky is to be completely internet based in a few years, thus no dish will be needed. Does this not in effect make them a cable company? If they do go this route, where would that leave freesat? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 10th 17 09:45 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
87 151
terrible confusion by Bill Wright[_3_]
The other day I had a vague thought about the switch from analogue to digital TV, and somehow in my mind it got confused with the switch from 405-VHF to 625-UHF. Oh dear. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 17 02:17 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
20 85
Hybrid electric generators by Ian Jackson[_6_]
There's just been an item on the 10:30pm BBC 1 local news for London about using a hybrid generator to supply the electricity for the operations to demolish a Ford site in Dagenham. The hybrid generator uses diesel and electricity - so when it's running on electricity, it's using electricity to generate electricity. Are we approaching the time when efficiencies of more than 100% can be...
March 9th 17 10:49 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
6 49
Where has all the SW gone? by Benderthe.evilrobot
"David Woolley" wrote in message ... On 06/03/17 19:47, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote: I'd been giving half-arsed consideration to building a VHF airband set. Maybe a hetrodyne add-on I've retuned an old, fully analogue Band II portable onto the 2m band in the past, so it is definitely in the pulling range for analogue...
March 8th 17 07:49 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
0 52
Faking SCART pin-8 by Paul D.Smith[_2_]
I have a Nintendo Wii which does not drive the pin-8 select pin on a SCART. It's otherwise a standard RGB wired cable. Is there any simple way to fake/drive pin-8 using a SCART socket/plug plus a few components? Thanks, Paul DS.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 8th 17 03:20 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
13 330
humax freesat box fault? by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I have a humax 1010s freesat box and I have it set to display the time on the front. Every now and again the display will blank for a few minutes at a time. Is this a known "feature" or is it a bug? Is it updating whilst the display blanks? It is frustrating that I cannot see the clock during this time. I am not in front of the box all day, but it does it at least once every day whilst I...
March 7th 17 05:56 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 46
get_iplayer and FFMPEG travails in Linux Mint 17.1 (solved - ish) by Johnny B Good[_2_]
I suppose this *might* be better posted to a Linux group but I thought I might get more targeted advice here seeing as it's a rather technical digital TV issue. :-) About 6 or so months back, I decided to try to get_iplayer working so I could retrieve some of the off-air recordings that my Kaffeine based PVR scheduling had missed for one reason or another (occasionally an oversight on my...
March 5th 17 02:00 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
9 10
4K TVs by Michael Chare[_5_]
Many of the TVs in the shops are 4K, but how much 4K TV do the people who buy them watch? I have only found a few 4K programmes from the likes of Netflix. Is there any hope that BBC, ITV or C4 will start broadcasting 4K channels on satellite or the Internet? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 4th 17 06:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
27 123
Fed up with bells by Brian-Gaff
However I can see that a bell ringing channel is a serious omission from Freeview and this needs to be sorted straight away. Maybe it can share it with Morris Dancing train spotting and other similar things on a rolling basis. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 17 04:31 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
12 66
Local Muxes from Hannington by Mark Carver
Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch 29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51) Only the three national 'sustaining' services at present on both, (Kix, True Crime, and True Movies) nothing in the visible service tables indicating the 'That's Reading' and 'That's Hampshire' local channels. I assume they are one step closer now ?! I'm in Basingstoke, obviously full...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 1st 17 02:26 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
16 252
Where can I find the frequency plan for post 700 MHz switchover? by [email protected]
I have 4 TV aerials on my house, Sandy Heath, Oxford, Sutton Coldfield and Waltham. Via a few Televes Avant 5's, I have combined all 4 aerials so all TVs get all four regions of ITV, BBC1, Oxford TV and 17 odd BBC local radio. I know that all four transmitters will have some changes as part of the 700 MHz clearance programme, but where can I find the post 700 MHz clearance allocations?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 28th 17 09:31 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
23 130
New TV channel for BBC in Scotland by Scott[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39042666 I am curious about some of this: 1. If the new channel is to be called BBC Scotland, will there still be a BBC One Scotland? Will this not cause confusion? 2. It is claimed there will be a 'prominent' slot on the epg so I assume this means availability on Freeview. I assume SD as there is no mention of HD? 3. The report goes on to say this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 28th 17 04:39 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
54 127
Humax overheating by Davey
This evening, my running HDR Fox T2 would not respond to any controls, not even the button on the front. I unplugged it, and powered it up again, and it works. Thanks to the Customised Firmware, I was able to see that it was overheating, so I put a small fan on, pointing at it, and the reported temp. inside came down from 55 deg. to 42 deg. Ok, that's fine for tonight. Check one up for the CF;...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 17 11:30 AM
by Davey Go to last post
78 174
Motorhome tv dead? by Tim+[_4_]
Our small Cello TV/DVD combo in our motorhome has always behaved perfectly but today despite excellent signal strength from Black Hill (we're currently parked up east of Peebles), a channel scan is producing zilch. We have a Fringe UHF TV signal finder so we're pretty happy that we're getting a good signal. It has worked in this location before. I'm guessing that vibration has done for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 17 06:03 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
21 101
Missing channels? by Kenny
I'm in Derry, NI and wondering why I don't get CH4 HD and some other channels. According to http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings I should be getting all channels in NI. The "missing" ones are listed as from Mux COM7 HD which doesn't appear in the list for the Limavady transmitter I'm using, here's what's the Limavady BBC A D3&4 BBC B HD SDN ARQ A ARQ B This...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 24th 17 01:11 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
21 108
5Star Channel by Davey
I happened on a programme on 5Star+1 tonight, on Ch. 55, using my Humax PVR, which receives input from Freeview, Freeview HD, and the internet. I switched to the TV set, which is a non-HD receiving set, and there was no Ch. 55, but there was Ch. 30, 5Star. What's happening here? A retune of the TV set made no difference. Is the +1 channel distributed over DVB-2, or the internet? All I can find on...
February 23rd 17 08:47 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 55
Ham radio Interference by Dave H[_4_]
I have a Ham Radio enthusiast living some 200 yards away with a big set of aerianalia. When he turns this in my direction and talks to his contact, my picture on Sky jumps all over the place to the extent it is unwatchable. Just like having the vertical hold set wrong. The sound on my amplifier also cuts out when he is talking. Sky box is connected to a video recorder by scart and then to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 21st 17 08:31 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
207 5,697
Ch 5 plus 1 glitch last night by Brian Gaff
I am not sure if this was also in the original, but at the time normally occupied for an ad break the whole program jumped back about three minutes and went over it again. The adverts never appeared at all. Has anyone seen this before, one supposes that the file triggering of content in some automated system did not get updated correctly somewhere. I bet that cost somebody some money. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 17 09:57 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 76