Post New Thread
Humax Freesat upgrade by David[_14_]
We have a (several years) old Humax Foxsat HD where the BBC iPlayer no longer works and there is no recording capability (internal or external). We also have a Humax HB1000S with an external drive for recording. The only issue with this is the single tuner which means you can't watch one thing and record another. However this isn't a massive issue because I would have to upgrade from a 4...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 6th 17 09:59 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
32 88
So retune day ishere.. by Brian Gaff
Should I expect it now or wait till tonight? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 5th 17 11:15 AM
by pamela Go to last post
49 103
BBC news coverage of the Passchendaele centenary. by Terry Casey[_2_]
I was appalled by the inaccuracies in the the BBC's 10 o'clock News last night in the reports of the centenary of the start of the Third Battle of Ieper. The battle lasted three months until the village of Passchendaele - its target, was reached - we were told. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! The target was the North Sea ports with the intention of halting the activities of the German U-boats which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 4th 17 09:35 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
58 113
DAVE appeared on Freesat yesterday by Dave W
Channel 157. But Dave Ja Vue is still only on Freeview.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 4th 17 09:31 AM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
14 58
channel line-up by Bill Wright[_3_]
The Freeview TV guide (the LCN) is set to be updated and expanded on Wednesday, 2 August. Some channels will be moving to new numbers and viewers may need to retune to ensure they have the latest channel line-up, where this isn’t automatic. Ofcom have published more info on 700 MHz with some start dates for the STV channel moves. Link to the information on Digital UK’s...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 3rd 17 06:02 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
14 80
IOT] Bostik No,. 2 by Pinnerite
I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of Bostik number 2, kept in a garage drawer. I recovered it, a little dusty but otherwise unaffected by the effluxion of time. After applying it I realised that I could not remember how long it would take to cure. What's more the tube was now the partly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 3rd 17 12:16 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
29 81
CBS Drama changed channel on Sky by Ron
Why has CBS Drama changed channel to 269? It is confusing my 90 year old mother.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 3rd 17 08:03 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
13 54
I can't get rid of the smell by Brian Gaff
T'other day, I put on my not that old TV. I never normally use it when I'm here on my own as the screen is a little redundant. However it was dusty inside it and as it got warm it made a smell not unlike that combination of old fan heater and melting transformer varnish one gets on older gear. No its flat screen, but anyway, eventually I forgot about it and yet since then all I can smell is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 31st 17 05:51 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
40 200
"Fearlss" Episode 6: Review by Maurice[_3_]
Been looking in vain since the final version went out on Monday for a review that explains the scene with the apparently boobytrapped car. Seems Banville wore a 'wire tap' to catch out the minister, but no explanation as to : (1) The coincidence that he turned up just at the right time to judge that Banville's car might be boobytrapped. (2) Why the bomb that the American agent (we were...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 17 02:04 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 74
Aerial overhang by Brian Gaff
I was just wondering how the law might see a pole fastened to a convenient fence post in my garden fence line at the bottom with an aerial on it. The point is that it would point out toward the back alley overhanging it. Apart from the temptation for the local yobs to attempt to damage it, does this sort of thing contravene any laws? I as as if you have aerials on chimneys or gable ends one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 17 08:17 PM
by Robin[_8_] Go to last post
35 101
Promo sim by Peter Johnson[_5_]
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:56:58 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: But what is it? I know what a sim card is. Why does the O2 invoice have two sections, one of which is called Promo Sim? My guess is that that's how they deal with any discount you negotiated with them when you signed up/renewed.
July 21st 17 02:24 PM
by Peter Johnson[_5_] Go to last post
0 54
Today's puzzle by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have an old, but perfectly usable, 37" Panasonic LED TV. It happily displays full HD (1080i/p), but only has an SD tuner. With so much being transmitted on HD channels, I thought it time to get an HD box for it. Fortuitously, I was in John Lewis today, and decided to browse round the TV dept. In one area they had the "customer returns", and I spotted a Manhattan Plaza HD T2 box, with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 17 05:02 PM
by Mark[_6_] Go to last post
11 111
Tennis on 1080i by Scott[_2_]
How come the tennis on terrestrial HD is being shown in 1080i? I thought 1080p was used for fast moving images and 1080i for relatively static shots.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 17 12:26 PM
by Klaus Go to last post
11 87
Horizon 2017: Strange Signals from Outer Space by Phi
Not much original science content in this programme and the narrator keeps repeating what the scientists say.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 17th 17 09:44 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
118 341
No messages on here for a while? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Just posting this as a test really, but here's an interesting site: http://www.pmclauth.com/sentenced/Grooming-Gang-Statistics/Gangs-Jailed Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 17 01:35 PM
by critcher[_6_] Go to last post
13 91
Freeview Explore by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I missed this a few weeks ago: https://www.freeview.co.uk/news-and-blog/press-releases/freeview-play-users-to-get-even-more-from-their-tv-with-launch-of-freeview-explore.html "Freeview Explore will roll out on Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes this month and paves the way for Freeview to build a deeper relationship with viewers. From today, users can search for programmes by genre or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 15th 17 09:14 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 130
Top tip by Bill Wright[_3_]
If you're going on your bike to put a notice on the village noticeboard don't put the drawing pins in your back pocket. Bill
July 15th 17 09:06 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 36
BT/Plusnet TV Recorder (DTR-T2100) by thesimpsons
When playing back an off air recording, if I select fast forward the screen displays a perfect speeded up image. If playing back a recording from an internet channel, fast forward displays "snap shots" of the speeded up image. Just wondering why this should be, it's the same on both a ten year Panasonic and a recent Sony TV. Fred
July 15th 17 07:00 AM
by thesimpsons Go to last post
5 55
Shift of tennis from BBC Two to BBC One by Scott[_2_]
Why does the BBC continue to shift tennis matches from BBC Two to BBC One when particular games are being played, such as Murray v Fognini tonight? Do they think tennis fans are too stupid to operate a remote control successfully? If anyone sets up a recording of the tennis - or Eastenders for that matter - will they end up with the wrong programme recorded or do programme codes handle that?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 17 07:07 PM
by Yellow[_3_] Go to last post
90 232
Philips with extended accessibility by Brian Gaff
I've been told by several sources that all manufacturers who sell tvs in the USA are now forced to make the voice menu driven, ie they need to speak menus. Philips are making great play on this over here, so the big question is, what is the way to find if these tvs really do have the voice. I bet its not on by default and if its being forced on them by the fcc in the states, surely we...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 17 12:25 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 80