Post New Thread
COM 7 off again for Sonys at Emley Moor by Bill Wright[_3_]
Could Sony TV owners please check (EPG) channels 107 to 111. If there's no reception could you note the transmitter if known (or your rough location) and the time, and post the info here? I'm wondering if other transmitters are involved. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 18 03:00 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
28 165
News11? by Andy Burns[_12_]
OK, so it's a long time since the BBC news channel was called News24, but there are now less than 11 hours of programmes per day on BBC News that aren't shared with other BBC channels 06:00 - 09:00 Breakfast 09:00 - 11:00 Victoria Derbyshire 11:00 - 12:00 Newsroom Live 13:00 - 13:30 News at One 18:00 - 18:30 News at Six 19:00 - 19:30 Beyond 100 Days
February 9th 18 02:39 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
4 76
Freeview BBC Four HD move by Max Demian
It looks as if BBC Four HD (Freeview 106) is moving multiplex: http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/freeview-changes-for-bbc-four-hd-and.html Unfortunately http://www.terrestrialtv.co.uk/ is offline so I can't confirm the details. According to the first website, it's already available (from Jan 11) and the current arrangement will cease after Jan 17 - the EPG says "BBC Four HD has moved" from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 8th 18 06:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
86 797
BBC's new Weather website - where have the isobars gone? by Ian Jackson[_7_]
The BBC have introduced a new, improved style of presenting the weather. On their website, there no longer appears to be a proper 'Jack Scott' weather map (Surface Pressure Chart), as per https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfa cePressureColour&fcTime=1517918400 Is it there somewhere, and I can't find it - or do the BBC feel that nobody was interested? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 8th 18 04:38 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
20 169
Unprofessional stations by Brian Gaff
Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the wrong announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time at the end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned. Grr. Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 18 05:45 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
13 119
History of Railway in the South by Dean Jackson
Eastbourne historian and author Michael Hymans has penned a new book on the history of the railway in the south https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/lifestyle/nostalgia-eastbourne-author-s-new-book-charts-rail-network-through-the-south-1-8355192 D.J.
February 4th 18 11:25 PM
by Dean Jackson Go to last post
0 67
Eternal September is down by Brian Gaff
In case anyone is wondering. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 18 06:46 PM
by David[_14_] Go to last post
11 118
Always check the cables..... by Chris Holmes
That’s what my mentor said..... We recently had a coax outlet installed “Professionally” My wife said “Why doesn’t the TV work?” I laughted (we had just watched a programme, but apparently that was via IPlayer). So, I went and took the loft ladder down and did various continuity tests, etc and THOUGHT I’d found a problem with the coax outlet (perhaps I should have tried a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 3rd 18 09:49 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
23 188
Aerial cables (other than the goat aspect) by Bill Wright[_3_]
In the fifties and sixties people often had the wireless next to the telly. In fact usually the wireless had been in place for many years, and so when they got a telly they naturally put it adjacent. Often when we installed the telly we'd notice that the wireless aerial was notheing more than a bit of wire staples up a door frame and along the picture rail. Standard practice (as a good turn...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 18 06:29 AM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
12 137
How to identify a good (low-loss) aerial lead by NY
My wife wanted me to move the telly to a new position further away from the aerial socket. I happened to have a 10m aerial lead (with moulded-on Belling Lee plugs) but I found that reception was very poor: the signal strength gauge on the TV's tuning menu was noticeably lower and the signal quality (how ever that is calculated!) was also lower, and almost non-existent for COM7 and COM8....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 1st 18 02:39 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
32 232
New aerial for Winter Hill. by Graham.[_12_]
I will be overhauling my aerials when the weather gets a bit warmer and I was wondering, after the 700MHz band clearance and move downwards, what group of aerial to use rather than the C/D one I have now that is already sub-prime. We were promised a new grouping scheme optimised for the post 800Mhz clearance, did the manufactures deliver this? What about the even smaller band we are about to...
February 1st 18 12:37 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
9 119
Freeview swizzling sound tracks by Brian Gaff
Seems to me that the bit rate of many sound tracks on freeview channels are getting far worse than before, including obvious artifacts of low bit rates and the phase distortions you hear in mp3s recorded at 128kbits a sec or less. There seems to be a race for the bottom going on, not just in the sort of rubbish we are offered but the transmission quality as well. its all part of the losing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 30th 18 07:25 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
27 185
channel filters continued by Bill Wright[_3_]
On 27/01/2018 15:48, Ian Jackson wrote: Regardless of whether it's a bandpass or bandstop, the most important requirement of any filter is that it should adequately reject the signals you that DON'T want, rather than to pass the signals you DO want. Err well... Excessive through loss can lead to additional amplification which probably, in moderation, isn't too much of a problem. However I...
January 28th 18 12:40 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
0 77
7.25pm Friday: Anyone else got problems NOW with Freeview channels107, 108, 109, 110? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Anyone else got problems NOW with Freeview channels 107, 108, 109, 110? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 18 10:08 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
10 125
OT(ish) - mobile taking over TV frequencies by David[_14_]
There is much talk about the shuffling of muxes and fitting of filters to allow use of some current TV frequencies for mobile phones. This led me to wonder: If the signals are being picked up by TV aerials can you use a TV aerial to boost your mobile phone signal? If you have to fit a filter to keep mobile signals away from the TV, could you fit a splitter to pick up the mobile phone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 26th 18 02:09 PM
by Robin[_8_] Go to last post
28 192
tap tap by Brian Gaff
is this thing on. I came across an old radio show the other day called the starlings. It seemed to be mostly done by the Goons so is quite old and the one thing I remember was that when anything went wrong the engineer with the golden screwdriver was called to sort it out. It seems to revolve around the doings of a fictitious council attempting to rid the pest of the starlings pooping all...
January 25th 18 09:20 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 88
Hugh's Wild West animal tracking aerial by Bill Wright[_3_]
He's tracking some small beast using what appears to be a three element yagi (with a stub matcher on the driven element.) It looks like it's tuned to about 200MHz. This tracking thing always seen to be done with such an aerial using similar or lower frequencies. The result is that the tracking aerial can only be a two, three, or four element, so it has very poor directional characteristics....
January 24th 18 12:09 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
8 111
When is an arial not an aerial? by NY
I do PC support for people. One of my customers asked me to set up a TV while I was there, because he couldn't make it work. I was shown a Belling Lee wall socket with a double-male Belling Lee lead which went from there into the TV's aerial socket. There was also a Sky box with a lead that was not plugged in, and a VCR/DVD. I found the TV's scanning menu and did a scan. Absolutely nothing...
January 23rd 18 07:44 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
6 92
Horror Channel Freeview EPG by Max Demian
Does anyone know why the Horror Channel (Freeview LCN 70) EPG isn't showing anything after Friday 08:30? Is it moving anywhere? -- Max Demian
January 23rd 18 05:25 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 94
Goats. by Brian Gaff
Beware of the goats. Apparently somebody decided it would be a great idea to get some goats in at a remote place in the Yorkshire dales )According to a guy being interviewed on the radio a few days ago), but although this helped keep the bracken down, the goat also managed to eat right through their television aerial cable which was mounted atop a telegraph pole on the scrubland where the...
January 22nd 18 11:41 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
8 105
Post New Thread