Post New Thread
Aston Martin by Davey
The BBC News just showed a segment on Aston Martin's new factory. The trailer referred to James Bond's favourite car, and showed him driving a Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger. -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 16 02:32 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
14 321
BBC World Service by Davey
We are currently seeing on BBC TV a load of adverts., sorry trailers, for The World Service, which is said to be obtainable via DAB or online. But the fact that it is also broadcast for several hours at night on BBC R4 is ignored, as though they didn't want anybody to know that they can already receive it without buying a special radio, or firing up the computer. And this is their own service...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 16 04:43 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 249
Introducing BBC Store Video by Adrian Caspersz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlxGMAUAoss -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 15th 16 12:24 PM
by Smolley[_2_] Go to last post
59 762
BBC still pumping out current programmes in Flash by Sid.
.....clearly the Beeb are having trouble implementing HTML5 on their current programmes.
April 12th 16 01:11 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
6 188
Oh good! More VHS-quality ****e channels! by Bill Wright[_3_]
http://www.a516digital.com/2016/04/rules-governing-freeview-picture.html Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 11th 16 07:54 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
12 272
How long does it take? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Q. How long does it take to delete 68 episodes of Emmerdale from the drive of a Humax Foxsat Freesat box? A. 8 minutes. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 11th 16 07:01 AM
by Ian[_12_] Go to last post
13 356
A bit of old gear by Bill Wright[_3_]
Since this is a digital tv group this post is off-topic, because it is about a bit of gear that I lashed up in the analogue days. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20160410_131511.jpg Quite often it was (and occasionally still is) necessary to change the channels carried by a communal TV system. It might have been necessary to use a different transmitter, or on a system that...
April 11th 16 03:00 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
0 171
Series link recording by Jeff Layman[_2_]
In general, my PVR works well when recording a series. But it can't deal with a link from one series to the next, which I expect is a problem with the specifications for Freeview itself. For example, the series "24 Hours in A&E" finished last week on Channel 4, and I noticed yesterday that my Panasonic PVR's programme check had an exclamation mark next to the entry for it. That means it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 10th 16 01:29 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
44 692
USA HD by Bill Wright[_3_]
I just chanced upon CNN in HD on Astra (11111 H). I've never seen American HD before. How come it looks crap, like normal American TV, but clearer? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 8th 16 06:25 PM
by charles[_2_] Go to last post
30 429
When I were a lad by Bill Wright[_3_]
Plagiarised from Elsewhere When I were a lad All the TV newsreaders (including Trevor McDonald) sounded more Brian Sewell than Jamie Oliver or Oginga Odinga. If you saw a bloke dressed as a woman, he’d be playing Widow Twanky in panto. Our school lunches (of Spam fritters and sponge pud) didn’t make us fat, thanks to afternoons of compulsory football/netball and a long walk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 16 08:33 AM
by charles[_2_] Go to last post
13 255
Subtle subtitles by christopher_robin
Subtitling for the hearing-impaired consistently throws up howlers, ever since speech-recognition algorithms did away with a human skilled at fast and accurate use of a keyboard. Here's a recent goody: Speech soundtrack: "There ought to be new discoveries soon" On-screen subtitle: There ought to be nudist coverings soon
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 16 09:32 PM
by Graham.[_13_] Go to last post
11 266
subtitles by Bill Wright[_3_]
Person: There ought to be new discoveries soon Subtitle: There ought to be nudist coverings soon Bill
April 6th 16 09:23 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 96
OT? BBC News promoting programmes by [email protected]
It has become a standard thing for the BBC1 News at 6pm on Mondays to include an item of 'news' that is actually a promotion for that evening's Panorama programme. It happens most weeks. Now the BBC News is being used to advertise a radio soap opera - not even a factual programme but a fictional one. When I switch on a News programme I want to learn about current affairs, not adverts for that...
April 6th 16 09:21 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 186
BBC I player by Brian Gaff
As I'm sure folk know I use an accessible client to get the program listings and go to the pages for that programme, but today although the speed of the internet is fine when playing content, the lists of the programs are very very slow to populate. Also sometimes the embedded objects that play the items only appear after several refreshes. Its as though there is a slow down someplace on...
April 6th 16 08:18 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
7 139
Second Temporary Mast to be built at Emley by Mark Carver
Arqiva have applied to build a temporary mast at Emley, while the DTT arrays on the existing tower are modified as part of the Ofcom's exciting (sic) sell off of the 700 MHz band and the next DSO. http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/emley-second-towering-tv-mast-11100557 I didn't realise selling off frequencies could be so expensive. Pontop Pike, and quite possibly other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 16 08:08 AM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
15 299
Chromecast by Woody[_5_]
Along the same lines as my Roku1 query the other day, is it necessary to open an account with Google and give a credit card number before Chromecast will work, of does it work straight out of the box? It just occurs to me that when we do our Skype with daughter and granddaughter (14 months) rather than they use an iPad, with a Chromecast it could be displayed on their main TV screen - which...
April 4th 16 07:29 AM
by Andy Burns[_11_] Go to last post
6 178
Changes to BBC Channel Numbers on Satellite by JohnT[_11_]
Effective today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item92 -- JohnT
April 2nd 16 05:59 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
7 242
Seen today at Rotherham General Hospital by Bill Wright[_3_]
I've seen this every evening now for a week. Each six bed bay in a ward of mostly geriatric patients has a large screen TV set. In some of the bays the nurses have put the TV sets on Smooth Radio and turned the sound down to zero! What the ****! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 1st 16 02:29 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
13 250
4 K streaming rates... by tony sayer
A mate of mine who always asks me about anything much tecchy for TV's is hell bent on getting a LG 4K TV that can stream programmes off the Internet. However seems it needs around a 30 odd meg broadband connection. Anyone got any practical experience of these at all and do they take that all the time whilst streaming is on the go and what happens if the net feed sags a bit does it switch from...
April 1st 16 08:29 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
7 238
HDMI Adapter by phil m