Post New Thread
HD question by Scott[_2_]
I am still using a CRT television in my kitchen and plan to keep it a bit longer. I wondered if I could buy an HD tuner and connect via SCART. I am looking at the Manhattan Plaza HD-T2 as the only unit I can find with SCART.. I cannot work out whether it is possible to output HD channels via SCART - obviously not as an HD signal. The manual says: 'If your television has no HDMI socket, then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 28th 16 12:33 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
95 794
BBC3 website last night by Sid.
A loon called Maxim presenting a video from youtube about a woman administering a coffee enema to purify her body. Unfortunately he overdid the narration.
March 27th 16 07:13 PM
by Sid. Go to last post
0 114
New old channels by Brian Gaff
Why oh why are there so many channels around. Just on Freeview in the last fewweeks, Home and True crime have surfaced. However they are in fact just re running old stuff from the other already existing channels or bringing in really awful US made stuff that appears as if the people in them had to pay the camera crew to make them. Even here there are loads of cops and killers and mob wives...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 16 06:53 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
13 224
Number of posts for this group received here in the last few days by Bill Wright[_3_]
Thurs 17th: 80 Fri 18th: 43 Sat 19th: 36 Sun 20th: 30 Mon 21st: 13 Tues 22nd: 8 So do I need to put new batteries in the mouse? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 16 12:03 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
20 397
For Brian G by Phi
I don't know if you have seen this article on Braille displays. http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/03/alternative-cheaper-braille-displays/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 26th 16 10:14 AM
by Ian[_12_] Go to last post
13 279
Adding to the gaiety of nations by Bill Wright[_3_]
I might have mentioned this before but I can't remember, so here it is again. A few weeks ago I was trudging round Morrisons when the background music thing suddenly played Barbara Ann by the Beachboys. It's a catchy tune and it has many happy associations for those of us of a certain age. So I started to bop along behind my trolley, and I think I might even have been doing a subdued little...
March 26th 16 08:49 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 156
music while you try to think by Bill Wright[_3_]
I've been to the bank to open an account. I was made to watch a series of videos that explained everything. Trouble is the videos had music that made it hard for me to hear the words. How daft is that? The girl said, "Well it's upbeat music Mr Wright. It's to make you feel all bubbly and cheerful." I said, "Whereas it it just makes me bubble with rage and feel I'd cheerfully murder the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 25th 16 11:57 AM
by Davey Go to last post
44 464
Egan rotary variable attenuators by Bill Wright[_3_]
Who remembers them? Can you still get them? Who was Egan? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 16 10:17 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 304
Keyboard for TV? by Kenny
I have a 50" LG Smart TV, internet seems slow on it in comparison with PC's, tablets and phones all using the same wi-fi connection. I find using the on screen keyboard with the remote very fiddly and slow and was wondering about using one of those mini keyboards instead. Any recommendations and any pitfalls to watch out for? Kenny Cargill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 16 08:28 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
16 377
Happy Valley sound quality by Davey
I caught the end of an interview this morning on BBC News with somebody who was something to do with the series Happy Valley, which I have not watched. She was saying that there had been initially some complaints about the speech on the broadcasts being mumbled, and that they had checked the audio quality on the subsequent episodes, even playing them on an old-style TV set, and 'they left the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 21st 16 03:34 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
25 374
Recording HD from Freeview/Freesat - Xpost by David[_13_]
I have been nudged back into thinking about recording TV using a PC by the dire performance of my Bush satellite decoder. All the "Smart" stuff gave up a while back when they changed the iPlayer specs. The EPG keeps flipping from showing what is on to "No information available" and mostly you can't see what is on now or next. So, to replace it with something more recent (which will probably...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 19th 16 03:02 PM
by Davey Go to last post
39 728
OT, Tesco Direct website. by [email protected]
I have recently purchased a laptop from Tesco direct thinking i was buying from Tesco but found it was from a ' partner' it has now failed and Tesco will have nothing to do with it, says i should have seen the little cleverboxxes logo and read the small print
March 19th 16 12:31 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
4 185
Sick hummy fixed by Vir Campestris
Our HDR Fox-T2 started playing silly buggers. Kept rebooting, lost several recordings was getting worse. So I took it apart, stuck the drive in a PC, and checked it - all OK. Put the drive back intending to back up the files I most wanted. Fiddling about with an app to walk the directory, and suddenly realised that sitting next to my PC it had been running for an hour or so and hadn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 18th 16 09:47 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
36 454
[OT] Braun RC wall clock and MSF time signal by Jon[_2_]
I've have a Braun RC wall clock for a few years and have had no problems with it until now. it has an LCD display which shows the current date and up to the leap day it was fine, but when it should have showed for the 1st of March it was showing , so I took the battery out for about 10 minutes and it reset to the pointer to the correct time but it now shows the date to be the 3rd of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 16 02:32 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
12 401
Oh dear me, another technical fault by Phi
The BBC blamed the "angle" of long-lens photographs for making the stunt appear closer to the Cenotaph than it actually was. However, images later revealed tyre marks surrounding the nearby women's memorial remembering the women who served in the Second World War. Chris Evans, Top Gear's new lead host, later apologised for the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 18th 16 08:50 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
29 383
OT Carphone Warehouse by alan_m
I must commend the honesty of Carphone Warehouse in their latest advert We will rip you off unless you actually ask for a better deal. -- mailto: news {at} admac {dot] myzen {dot} co {dot} uk
March 13th 16 10:00 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
3 269
Trump's mouth by Bill Wright[_3_]
Is it just me, or does he have Mussolini's mouth, when he tries to look serious? Bill
March 13th 16 08:22 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 160
watch out by Woody[_5_]
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... The metal strap on my 100 five-year-old watch failed, so I took it to a shop that sells that make. A big posh shop.They took it in but after three months of me ringing them finally said they couldn't get the parts. Would I like to buy a new watch? They offered 5 for my old one. I declined...
March 13th 16 03:11 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
1 159
Tis the end of days ... Culture Secretary to end iPlayer "loophole" by madge
The culture secretary has vowed to end the iPlayer "loophole" soon, so those watching catch-up TV do not get "a free ride". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35708623
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 16 05:08 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
74 681
Huge shift in Lip Sync BBC1 1900 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Several times over the last few weeks, when BBC1HD (108) goes into the One Show the lip sync is way out. It seems to be an effect of the ad, sorry trail, voice over. Anyone else see this? Solved by switching to 109 (BBC2SD) and back. Humax Foxsat HDR.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 16 03:39 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
11 267