Post New Thread
External HDD for Humax HB-1000S by David[_13_]
Got the box today and it seems to be working fine. I tried to use a USB stick for recording (well, USB adapter and SDHC card) and the Humax said that it could not format the USB stick. Haven't tried with a real USB stick yet. Can a PC tell the difference between a USB memory stick and a USB hard drive? The memory stick is a Solid State Device (so SSD). Anyway, I began idly searching for an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 11th 16 10:17 AM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
58 930
On-topic ramble; just musing really by Bill Wright[_3_]
I had an intermittent fault on my home CCTV system. One analogue camera channel had RF-type interference. The really noticeable interference was a twinkly horizontal line that appeared to be locked to the mains frequency. I wasn't much bothered about that because I know what the culprit is: a PSU in another camera housing. One day when I replace that camera with an HD one the faulty PSU will...
May 11th 16 09:32 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
2 163
Where has CBS Drama gone? by Brian Gaff
I noticed the other day that a dead channel up in the high 700s has appeared with just the amessage, CBS Drama has moved to Freeview ch 71. However there is no channel 71 on my old Goodmans box, so are they lying, mistyping oar have they hidden it so nobody can get it. Not that its mega important to me, but was curious. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
May 7th 16 10:04 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
8 407
OT curious ATM incident by Bill Wright[_3_]
The machine is on the front wall of a shop that has a post office at the back. I put my card in and there was an ominously long pause, during which a static page with an advert was displayed. I was getting nervous and considering pressing 'cancel', when the woman from the post office came rushing out and said, "Don't put your card in!" "Too late!" I said. But at that point the machine said,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 16 08:43 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
12 271
Cooling a satellite decoder or similar by David[_13_]
As previously posted, my Humax FoxSatHD-G is starting to fail - going to green screen over HDMI after a while. This may be overheating or it may be something else. This was bought to replace the Bush one which always ran massively hot and had to be turned off now and then. About 3 years down the line, the Bush still works and still runs very hot. So far occasional not permanent use, so it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 5th 16 08:10 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
121 894
interlinks by Bill Wright[_3_]
A feller rung me up tonight (people still look at my website apparently), to tell me that he had bought a 1m 75ohm lead to connect something to something else for S/PDIF. His concerns were that (a) inside one of the RCA plugs he had found a tiny resistor which the colour code said was 10K, (b) when the lead was in use operation of his light switch etc would cause a brief break in the audio,...
May 5th 16 06:09 PM
by Graham.[_13_] Go to last post
3 206
worse than scart by Bill Wright[_3_]
I decided to try out the earphones that came with my phone. Of course they aren't proper earphones as per Marconi and the Titanic, they are little things that you stuff in your lugholes. Of course they immediately fall out. What an arse. Do I blame the Apple for the plug or evolution for the socket? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 5th 16 05:11 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
21 347
Sandy Heath Reception Problems by Kevin H
For the last 7 years I've been using a Proception ProAmp310X, distributing TV, FM and DAB around the house with no problems. All aerials are outside and for the TV this points at Sandy Heath. I live in Milton Keynes (MK5) and reception has never been anything other than first class. Last Saturday all the Freeview TVs lost reception. FM and DAB were OK although there was a high pitched whistle on...
May 5th 16 01:05 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
8 413
Sonic booms heard over Yorkshire for the first time. by Sid.
Panic and dismay was caused in Yorkshire on tuesday night when a couple of Typhoons were scrambled to catch up with a civilian plane that had gone off course.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 5th 16 12:42 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
23 315
Ist there work at Crystal Palace this week? by Brian Gaff
Two nights recently the mpx containing all bbc stations and or those with itv 3 and 5usa etc, have had no signal according to the box. They are there as changing aerials has returned them but the signal and quality of both seem much worse than the others when you look at them in the techincal settings on the menu. Of course i have been aware for some time that my loft aerial has been...
May 5th 16 03:04 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
4 162
Grand National. by Brian Gaff
I personally feel that allthe horses need equine airbags, then it might be safer. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 4th 16 11:00 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
29 475
ROKU USB Stick version by madge
I bought one of these in Florida, $39.99 instead of 39.99, and although I cannot make them believe I was a user in the US, for more channels, it is a nice toy. So I use my TV in HDMI mode watching a movie off of a ROKU channel and it is merrily streaming away. I then switch to Channel4 terrestrial digital to watch F1 qualifying, when I do that does the ROKU stick continue on streaming...
May 2nd 16 08:35 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
4 197
Roku 1 by Woody[_5_]
If I have a Roku 1 plugged in to my TV and powered up but on the menu page, does it take use any data of my Internet feed? -- Woody harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
May 1st 16 08:47 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
3 97
Netflix or Amazon? by Davey
We watched the first series of Steven van Zandt's 'Lilyhammer' on TV (I forget which channel), and watched Series 2 on Netflix. Last week, I re-joined Netflix to watch Series 3, only to find that it wasn't there. Oh well. I have a trial subscription with Amazon Prime, and lo! and behold, there is Lilyhammer. And each episode says that it is a Netflix Original Series. What happened? Did Amazon...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 29th 16 08:26 AM
by Ian[_12_] Go to last post
22 368
Potential problem with my refurbished Humax by David[_13_]
I bought a refurbished Humax satellite decoder from Humax Direct nearly 3 years ago. Yesterday when turned on the HDMI output didn't seem to work. There was no sound and just a green screen. No obvious response from ther remote, but it would go in and out of standby. Powered it down, counted to 10, and powered up again. The splash screen showed O.K. but again there was the green screen....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 28th 16 10:26 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
57 704
Humax Freesat HD-R 'outdated'? by PeterC
Recently, for the first time in 15 years on t'net, I started using a modem/router. Connection is no faster than the old USB modem but is more 'agile' even at 3mbps. I ran a 10m Cat 5 to the Hummy and tried ITV Player - no go. Tried IPlayer and it told me that my device wouldn't work after 16/9/2016. I assume that there'll be some change of format, but the sites given didn't make it clear (to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 28th 16 08:20 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 256
WD TV LIve by Scott[_2_]
I am looking for any help or ideas about the WD TV LIve box. It recently started not playing certain video files that it had played before and became very sluggish. I thought it would be a good idea to revert to factory settings. However, it has now lost the main menu and has a simplified menu that I have never seen before. I first though the firmware might be back to the original but this is...
April 27th 16 11:18 AM
by Davey Go to last post
5 236
Indoor Television aerial Reloaded by Mr Pounder Esquire
I made the dipole as instructed by that kind Mr Jackson. It worked brilliantly. The wife heard me squealing and came to have a look. I will now quote: "If you think you are putting that thing in the bedroom, you can think again". Yet another crushing blow! Later on a mate came round and said that he will nip up onto the roof, tap into the existing aerial, run the cable down the roof, under the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 16 08:17 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
26 421
Software updates by Jeff Layman[_2_]
My Panasonic TV has just downloaded a software update . There was, as usual, no information at all as to what changes the update would make. There was nothing informative on the Panny UK(EU) website. After a bit of searching I came across the webpage: http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/tv/download/fw/eu_2015/down_eu_uk_cis_02.html This helpfully told me the update would...
April 24th 16 09:18 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 123
TV Listings App by Gianluca
I've developed an App with TV Listings for United Kingdom, DDT and Sky. I'd like to have opinions from users in UK. It's free you can download it from the Google Play and iTunes: Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisana.guidatv.uk iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1086017075
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 16 09:06 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
10 255