Post New Thread
Panasonic 2008 model TVs and iPlayer by David
This is what it says on the Panasonic Web Site "2008 Freesat television models: Unfortunately Panasonic are not in a position to give a full update regarding the anticipated time line for the update. However, we can say is that it is still our intention to update these models to support BBC iPlayer. As the first generation of freesat models introduced in the UK and with the significant...
February 19th 11 03:57 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
7 204
Apparently this is on the Screwfix forum by Bill Wright[_2_]
Isolated TV outlets stop the capacitive effect of long runs of co-axial cable. This effect can create 'echos' of the signal on the cable runs, which can effect the picture (ghost images, interference etc). Isolated outlets prevent this from occuring, non-isolated don't. Bill
February 19th 11 03:28 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
9 150
iPlayer streaming - what is the Freesat connection? by Clive Page[_3_]
We have recently got a Freesat system, and I discovered that by connecting the box to our broadband router, we can see iPlayer streams on the television (which is rather better than viewing them on a laptop screen). What I don't understand is what connection this has with Freesat, can anyone explain? It seems reasonable that it uses the Freesat decoder to decode the stream sent over the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 11 02:49 PM
by Clive Page[_3_] Go to last post
13 274
Humax Foxsat HD by David Kennedy[_2_]
Anyone had any success upgrading the HD? After mine failed to record for me over the weekend - disk full!!! - I'm thinking of trying the Samsung 2Tb -- David Kennedy http://www.anindianinexile.com
February 18th 11 05:59 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
9 211
Very strange behaviour of LG TV set by Bill Wright[_2_]
Block of flats, TV system in a poor way. New resident has new LG, but no recep. whatsoever on DTT and on analogue very weird smeary pic with broad horizontal bars of noise and no audio, just hissing. Signal levels at outlet are just about adequate. TV should be working, but isn't. As seen on the analyser the signal from the system has very faint hum bars on analogue. The ripple has no effect...
February 18th 11 11:41 AM
by j r powell[_7_] Go to last post
7 231
Signal Strength 10 - Quality 1 by housetrained
Yesterday the communal Aerial man came because I had complained. He checked the roof aerial and all the connections between including the wall-plate and said all seemed OK. My STB has a signal thingy on it and I showed him that the Muxes beginning 2 i.e. 22 23 28 etc. were 10/10 Strength/Quality whereas the 3's i.e. 32 34 etc. were p**s poor on the Quality side although 10 on the strength...
February 18th 11 08:05 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 154
Had Digital Satellite via IRS for 5 months now by Nick Le Lievre
Apart from that hitch a few months ago where the dish needing realigning and they bought a bit of time by waiting for "some mysterious part from the UK" to turn up the service has so far been excellent, and they did fix that fault within 4 working days anyway. Well pleased I spent 220 to have it installed now will never look back.
February 18th 11 12:46 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
6 117
ot w7 problem by Gary[_4_]
Hi My w7 has decided that in windows explorer it will not open a folder in the right window. It has done this all by itself and only for this week. Has this happened to any one else . Any idea how to cure it. It says no program associated with this file. But it is a folder not a file. If you right click and choose open all is OK. really annoying but not the end of the world. Gary
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 11 12:26 AM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
13 202
P minus 14 days and counting by Graham.[_3_]
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2011/02/product-placement-on-tv/ -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 11 05:02 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
13 249
HD from relay stations by Scott[_2_]
Am I right in understanding that after switchover the HD channels will be available from all relays and not just from main transmitters?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 17th 11 03:49 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
79 876
SOT - DNS on a Linux based Dreambox by Java Jive[_2_]
(cc-ing alt.satellite.tv and uk.tech.digital-tv as there is useful Linux knowledge in those groups) My Linux-based Dreambox has never supported DNS properly. I used to get around this by giving it a fixed IP and putting its own IP and name in its hosts file, but now that I have a new router, I'd like to get DNS with DHCP addresses working on the box. The current precise symptoms are as follows:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 17th 11 01:36 PM
by Dave Saville[_2_] Go to last post
35 823
TV licence not required by Peter[_6_]
Apparently the BBC says it will not be pursuing people who watch TV on their iPad and other such devices http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8313770/BBC-wont-pursue-iPad-TV-licence-cheats.html -- Cheers Peter (Reply to address is a spam trap - please reply to the group)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 17th 11 11:39 AM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
59 1,286
LNBs and Freesat questiions by Donwill
Why does a freesat box require 2 RF feeds from LNB as told by salesman ? and why are they selling Quad LNBs for this purpose. Don
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 16th 11 08:14 PM
by Stephen[_3_] Go to last post
33 494
manager weirdness by Bill Wright[_2_]
An hotel deputy manager rung up today in a panic. They'd had three power cuts and then found that "some of the tellys won't pick up the satellite channels." The satellite channels are distributed as analogue channels. Other than that, everything is DTT. The hotel is a long way away, so we suggested that he let the handyman have a look, but no, he didn't want to do that. He wanted us out there...
February 16th 11 10:45 AM
by Terry Casey[_3_] Go to last post
3 139
Civilisation in HD by Rick[_10_]
This evening I saw a promo for Kenneth Clarke's 1969 'Civilisation' programme, which is being reshown on BBC HD, the clip I saw this evening looked absolutely mint, they said it had been digitally remastered, most of the stuff that I've seen from that period appeared to have been done on horrible grainy 16 mm colour film, so what exactly do they do to make it look so good?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
38 509
TOT Claire Balding by Bill Wright[_2_]
Tonight Claire's cycling trip took her to Hebden Bridge, but sadly she left alone. http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/features/clare_in_a_different_saddle_for_her_pennine_odyssey_1_2583204 Bill
February 16th 11 10:21 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 99
Black and white TV's (a.k.a monochrome TV's and digital switchover by Stephen[_3_]
Hi all, My mother has a black and white TV. obviously it only has a analogue Tuner, no scart or even CVBS inputs. She is a colour refusenik and will not switch to a colour TV period. DSO is happening in March in her area. I have been looking into some freeview boxes with integrated modulators.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 11 08:55 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
80 900
Return of Sherlock Holmes - The Abbey Grange. by ian field
Note the PVC wiring and plastic cable clamps when SH climbs up the mantlepiece to inspect the cut bell-pull.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 15th 11 01:35 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
20 310
Ch4 HD now Encrypted. by David
Hi On my Freesat TV I entered the data given here into Other Satellite and been watching Ch 4 HD id 55300 over the w/e, now this morning it is showing Encrypted. Regards David
February 14th 11 05:53 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
4 95
Test Card F (W in widescreen) by viewer[_2_]
I've got a new telly coming and I'd like to find Test card F to play with the settings. Something like this used to work, but now I can't seem to bring it to life: 1. Tune to the BBCi channel (currently ch. 105) 2. When the BBCi background appears, press Yellow (within 30 secs) 3. Tune away to a different channel 4. Tune back to the BBCi channel (currently ch. 105)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
27 380
Post New Thread

Display Options