Post New Thread
Phew! (Sandy Heath DSO). by Ian Field
The Techwood PVR160TW (Vestel T810) and Digifusion FVRT90 still work.
April 13th 11 04:32 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 109
Sat Dish pole mount problems by David Kennedy[_2_]
My satellite dish is on a 2 metre pole - the minimum hight to allow it to clear the surrounding buildings - and the pole is fastened to the gable with something similar to this :- http://www.thatcable.com/product.asp?id=332&TV+Aerial+Wall+Mounting+Bracket+-+V+Bolts+-+6" Obviously with the weight of the dish etc. this is far from ideal as in windy weather the bracket seems to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 12th 11 03:43 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
11 277
What PVR are you using? by AnthonyL
(Apologies for including this in digital-tv as well but .pvr seems a bit dead.) A couple of years ago it seemed that Humax and Topfield were generally the top choices for PVR. Now it seems that there are numerous options. So what did you opt for and how do you find it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 12th 11 12:43 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
47 771
The One Show by Jumbo Jack
I just heard Frank Skinner comment on Emperor Akihito caricature image.............My god, has he looked at himself.
April 12th 11 12:17 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
4 109
TV to default to HDMI by Dave Scott
When I switch on my Samsung TV it automatically defaults to DTV. I watch almost everything through Sky (HD) on HDMI. How do I set the TV so that when I switch it on it automatically defaults to HDMI 1. Thanks - Dave -- Dave Scott
April 12th 11 08:44 AM
by Jim Go to last post
8 237
CH4 HD. When in April? by Donwill
When is channel 4 HD on Freesat? I've read it's in April. When In April? anyone know? Don
April 12th 11 01:27 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 173
External DVD drive by [email protected]
Does anybody know if there is an external USB DVD drive that I can use with my notbook but also have the ability to plug into a Sony TV with built in USB and so it will play DVD's as well? I assume the USB power requirements may be an issue so it may be preferable to have one with its own PSU built in. Probably cheaper just to buy a cheap External DVD drive for the notebook and a cheap DVD...
April 11th 11 09:11 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 438
Humax PVR-900T Playback Of Recordings Stutters - But Not On All Channels by Bob Huntley
Here's a weird one - I bought a PVR 900T a couple of weeks ago (and have since installed the latest software download). It mostly works fine, but I've got a problem with recordings of BBC3 - the recordings often stutter and skip (either the picture carries on with nothing but short blips of sound, or sometimes jumps forwards several seconds at a time). The odd thing is that this only occurs...
April 11th 11 08:31 AM
by Alun Webber Go to last post
3 1,328
Poirot. by Ian Field
For someone supposedly so fussy about his appearance - Poirot seems to have his moustache stuck on a bit wonky in an awful lot of episodes.
April 11th 11 07:12 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 145
Come back Frost by Jumbo Jack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13014482 see what happens when he leaves, robberies every week now.
April 10th 11 04:02 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
9 206
Roadstar by Bill Wright[_2_]
Is Roadstar UK no more? I don't seem to be able to find them. Where else can I get some 7" 4:3 tellys with analogue tuners? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 10th 11 12:43 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
11 656
Techwood PVR160TW (T810UK). by Ian Field
Just in case anyone's having trouble with one of these, the first place to look is the electrolytics in the PSU. A couple of days ago the display on the front started showing garbled characters but everything seemed to work, yesterday it started shutting down and re-starting. When I took the lid off there was a vented electrolytic staring up at me - its on the 3.3V rectifier(s) - there are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 9th 11 12:49 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_2_] Go to last post
16 886
toppy.org.uk not available by [email protected]
I can't connect to toppy.org.uk Anyone else got the same problem or know where it's gone? Was trying to install MyStuff 6.3 but it fails as it can't find some updates from the website. Cheers PJ
April 9th 11 09:58 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
8 458
overloaded wall bracket by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/bkt.MPG (large file; fast connection advised) Bill
April 9th 11 01:42 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 188
Quattro LNB by David Bolton
Have always used MTI supremeline quattro LNB's with good results, but had a few that weren't quite right lately. Has anyone tried the new Inverto LNB's? INVERTO Black Premium Selected Quattro LNB and INVERTO Black Ultra HGLN Quattro LNB 40mm Prices look pretty good, and I like the whole "black" stealthy thing going on!
April 8th 11 03:39 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 223
Any other boradcaster using DVB-S2 besides CH4 HD? by David
I'm failing to get CH4 HD on Eurobird 28deg E 12607V Is any other station using DVB-S2? I would like to try to elimate wether my problem is my Panasonic Freesat TV or Ch4's transmission. I do have movable dish if none on Astra2 or Eurobird. People appear to be being told it is a dish alignment problem because of Eurobird being not exactly in the same place as Astra and using both H and V on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 11 08:28 AM
by mini dodo Go to last post
18 382
Crystal Palace DSO by Andy Wade
The DSO 1 date for CP has been announced today: 4th April 2012 -- Andy
April 7th 11 08:29 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
4 164
Film24 off air by J G Miller[_3_]
Have Film24 temporarily run out of money? I noted that they were broadcasting last night when I was channel hopping and were presenting their regular scheduled programs of Dragnet and Bonanza. I noticed in the program guide that they had one version of Sherlock Holmes on this evening and in order to ascertain its vintage I tuned in, but was greeted with a caption "programs start on Thursday".
April 7th 11 04:57 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
6 160
Sandy Heath ITV C24 bands on screen by Simeon Tankard[_3_]
I've been watching a bit of analogue TV, before it goes:), and on both my JVC LCD and a 14" Sony CRT I can see horizontal bands slowly move down the screen on ITV. Do many other people notice this? I think there is a post from Dave Hill on the Sandy DSO1 thread that mentions Hum bars. Sim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 11 09:17 AM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
11 280
Oh dear it doesnt work... by Tim..[_2_]
Immensely annoyingly, the IRS / Multiswtich system that I installed doesnt work, at all. Viz: 60cm Triax dish titanium quattro lnb 35m of 4core to Vision 5 x 12 multiswitch quadplex plates in 4 rooms. I have used a sat meter at the dish on each feed to zero the dish in on Astra and get a very good signal with the gain at about 50%. Dish 'looks' right and is pointed in same...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 11 07:52 AM
by Allan Mac Go to last post
18 352