Post New Thread
PVR Recommendations by Endulini
Hi Everyone, My Logik PVR has given up the ghost (corrupted hard drive I think) and I'm looking around for a new system, does anyone have any recommendations? I am quite interested in the Humax 9300T but am wary of Humax's poor reputation for customer support especially as their systems quite hit-or-miss as to whether you recieve a dud machine (judging by feedback on Amazon and Which). I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 16th 11 01:10 PM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
41 956
iPlayer by housetrained
iPlayer is on my Freesat but not on my Freeview. What's the reason, if any, for this? TIA John the West Ham fan
May 16th 11 08:32 AM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
8 244
Ross 6110usb Hotbird freeze by stuart
Hi All, Does anyone know of a fix for the Hotbird 6,8,9 problem with this Rx. Ross know it's a problem but can give me no idea as to when they might release a bugfix. Mine freezes during scan of Hotbird - totally freezes, power off at wall job! It froze at 32/97 so I deleted 32. This allowed to run to 99/127 before freezing.
May 14th 11 11:00 PM
by John Legon Go to last post
1 252
Eagle. by Ian Field
Did PG-tips ever get their stuffed monkey back?
May 14th 11 09:50 PM
by Alan[_4_] Go to last post
1 141
Cue dots by Martin Jay
We've been watching George and Mildred on ITV3: a programme made during a time when ITV 'did' comedy. Just wondering what the strobing cue dot that appears at the top left of the screen is for. I appreciate the one at the top right indicates an ad break is on the way, but about half way through each of the two parts of the programme a similar cue dot appears at the top left of the screen for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 11 02:14 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
60 1,043
Homeplugs by housetrained
Bought a pair of Comtrend homeplugs and they work OK with Freesat BBC iPlayer. On Freeview I have a Panasonic DMR BW780 and Viera Cast works but with NO sound. Will or is there BBC iPlayer on Freeview, if so where is it? Any help on these matters - TIA. John the West Ham fan
May 14th 11 11:20 AM
by Jim Go to last post
2 322
Possible picture quality improvement? by Andy Cap[_3_]
I know nothing so am prepared for possible ridicule! My wife is convinced and I can see what she means, that the definition of the picture occasionally seems to have improved immeasurably over recent times, seemingly having real depth. Has the introduction of HD equipment into the studios or network had any effect on the quality of non-HD transmissions or is it just wishful thinking? For the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 14th 11 06:07 AM
by Andy Cap[_3_] Go to last post
10 301
Why does my STB not get C4 HD? by Dave Plowman (News)
I've got a Vision HD satellite 'free to air' STB. Works ok on BBC, ITV and NHK HD transmissions. I also got the two CH4 HD test transmissions, which now show as subscription ones London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 11 05:51 AM
by John Legon Go to last post
40 778
Naive question HD TV by Jonathan[_2_]
On May 13, 8:40*am, Mark Carver wrote: On 13/05/2011 08:32, Jonathan wrote: I can wait until August. I just wondered whether the aerial needed replacement but I'll wait and see what happens then. Actually, the magic date is Sept 21st this year. That's when the HD transmission moves from Lichfield to Sutton Coldfield and goes high
May 13th 11 02:16 PM
by Jonathan[_2_] Go to last post
0 122
'Virgin Media to trial 1.5 Gb cable broadband' by Rick[_10_]
"The 1.5Gb download and 150Mb upload service will use the same infrastructure and technology as Virgin Media currently uses. Virgin said that, if successful, this will be the world's fastest cable connection and more than 240 times faster than the national average broadband. Similar technology tests have already proven the capability of cable to deliver download speeds of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 11 11:42 AM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
14 553
Intel doubles capacity, drops price. by Rick[_10_]
Steadily getting there, capacity increases as prices fall, I wonder if in another five years will be looking back on mechanical hard drives (cheap and excellent as modern ones are) as a bit of a dinosaur era? http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9215089/Intel_doubles_capacity_drops_price_in_refresh_of_popular_SSD_line
May 13th 11 11:10 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 129
Could this be the better acquisition back the Dead Sea Sccycles? by cntrade08[_3_]
Could this be the better acquisition back the Dead Sea Sccycles? Saccichipy metal ch Could this be the better acquisition back the Dead Sea Sccycles? Saccichipy metal chalks begin in cavern in air jordan 2011 could cadactualitye our appearance of Biblical hiadapertureure Apart from the color, actual and attract style, the arch form,bottom anatomy is the allotment that grabs an eye mostly.mens ed...
May 13th 11 10:00 AM
by cntrade08[_3_] Go to last post
0 112
Naive question HD TV by Jonathan[_2_]
I have a let which has a new Sony HD TV. It can find the HD channels but when I switch to those channels, all I get is a blank screen. Is this likley to be an aerial problem? Thanks Jonathan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 11 08:40 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
19 330
Dolby Digital by housetrained
Does Freeview HD come in stereo sound whereas Freesat HD comes with Dolby Digital sound? John the West Ham fan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 11 01:00 PM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
11 372
High quality aerial cables by JP[_5_]
Could anyone help with a question about the quality of aerial cables? I'm in Doncaster using the Emley Moor transmitter and some of the Freeview channels are only showing a signal strength of about 60% on my Topfield Freeview box, and frequently suffer picture breakups. I can understand that oxygen free copper audio cables make a difference to the quality of an audio interconnect cable, but is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 10th 11 05:00 AM
by Mike Tomlinson[_2_] Go to last post
45 726
PVR'soles... by Adrian C
In a computer operating system or application there are many ways of doing a basic function. Say cut'n'paste. Ye can either do that with a myriad of keyboard shortcut keys, or by rightclicking things and choosing from context menus, or finding things on the application / windows menu. Ye do what suits ye best, but so much choice. Overwhelming to the beginner, my Mother still hasn't mastered...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 11 11:04 PM
by Kennedy McEwen Go to last post
13 389
Crown Court "Film?" by Martin Jay
Anyone know why these Crown Court credits begin with the text "Crown Court Film?" Yes, I appreciate that the opening sequence is shot on film, but I cannot understand why it would be mentioned in the opening credits. The YouTube video is a mishmash. Perhaps this portion of it came from a Crown Court film. Was there one? Oh, and were judges really given a police escort to court during the
May 9th 11 10:47 PM
by Martin Jay Go to last post
7 230
Triax TD series dish owners..... check your nuts...... :-) by Stephen[_3_]
I'm the owner of a Triax TD110 which I put up last year. This has a dish face that is held on using 6 bolts and nuts. I installed this last year and I made sure all the nuts and bolts were all tight. I was in the garden today where I saw a bolt and nut on the patio underneath the Traix TD110 dish. I got the ladders out and found that there were just 5 nuts and bolts instead of 6 holding the...
May 9th 11 08:04 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
4 216
NHK World HD by pqtek
NHK World HD testing now from Eurobird1. Video only at the moment, no audio. Channel ID: 53147 Frequency: 11223.67 Pol: V SR: 27500 FEC: 2/3
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 9th 11 03:51 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
58 724
Pioneer Freeview STB hosed by DSO by Fred
The Pioneer DBR-TF100 was always considered one of the best boxes. Not any more ! Two colleagues of mine with the same box are experiencing the same symptoms on Sandy Heath BBC and ITV/4 multiplexes post DSO - ie a freeze / glitch like marginal signal about every minute. And it is not low signal, overload or multipath. (Signal is 91 which I think is high as it gets, quality 100%.) One of said...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 11 03:24 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
11 359