Post New Thread
Venice. Mostly OT by Graham.[_3_]
The aerials aren't the only digital things on this picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5529459961/ If you like the clock you might me amused by this little video clip I uploaded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy6Y_NWckEA There's an LP in this picture but you might need to download and to zoom into it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5530075504/sizes/l/in/photostream/
1 91
Calling all Switch Mode PSU experts or Televes Avant 5 experts.... by Stephen[_3_]
To cut a long story short, I've recently acquired two Televes Avant 5 compact headend units along with a PCT3.0 prgrammer, with no mains leads or data cables and an incorrect instruction book Using a bog standard Telefunken mains lead (as found on casstte players of years ago) and a standard 2m length or ethernet patch lead, (thanks to this venerable newsgroup) I've succeeded in programming...
March 15th 11 05:35 PM
by Stephen[_3_] Go to last post
5 352
Samsung LE26R74 by Rick Hughes[_2_]
A bit vague, but I thought I'd try. My parents have a Samsung LE26R74BD LCD TV, that is wall mounted. This was supposed to be the best selling 26" LCD in UK ... so must be a few out there. They have just bought a larger TV to go on that wall mount, and wish to put the original TV on a 'desk top/pedestal stand. One came with the TV .. but they can't find it (probably still in box when they...
March 15th 11 02:08 PM
by Ian Go to last post
2 399
Unfortunate scheduling by Bill Wright[_2_]
True Entertainment tonight: A film about the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan. Bill
March 15th 11 11:56 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
2 121
Simple freeview box (RF Modulator) by Jim
Yes I am one of those old gits (not to mention tight sods as well, it's my mothers fault she was a jok) who refuse to dump there CRT in for one of these flat jobbies, so I'm looking for suggestion for a simple Freeview box that works via an RF modulator, I already have a couple of 9200T (one in bedroom one in living room), but want a simple box for normal viewing in living when Crystal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 15th 11 03:36 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
34 751
Humax 9200 - not switched off? by Victor Delta[_2_]
I always switch my Humax 9200 (using latest firmware) back to stand-by at night. The following day, when I come to switch it on, even though the clock appears on the display, it comes on extremely quickly - i.e. without the usual run up - as if it is actually on. The only other times I have known this happen are if you switch it on less than 15 minutes before a scheduled recording - which is...
March 14th 11 10:31 PM
by Victor Delta[_2_] Go to last post
8 185
Small screen TV with Freeview HD by divoch
I know that I shall not see the benefit of HD on 19 inch TV. However, in order to be able to watch all the available Freeview channels , such as BBC HD, Freeview HD is needed. And yes, I now that programs on BBC HD tend to be repeats but, the scheduled time may just suit me and, without Freeview HD, I would not have the option to watch it. Also, I do not want a big TV in my bedroom or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 14th 11 10:15 PM
by reslfj Go to last post
21 893
Humax 9300 fails to record "The Killing" 12th March by Dickie Mint
A friend contacted me to say "I have my Humax 9300T set to record both The Killing and Casualty on a Saturday in the Recording schedule . One starts at 21:00 the other at 21 :10. 21:10 Casualty has recorded but not The Killing !!!! What's happened here ? " Don't watch "The Killing", but did anyone else suffer?
March 14th 11 01:55 PM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
4 289
somewhat disingenuous I think by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.prfire.co.uk/press-release/tv-aerial-and-satellite-installers-comment-on-digital-tv-aerials-with-freeview-46082.html Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 13th 11 10:35 AM
by Terry Casey[_3_] Go to last post
43 572
Crystal Palace - Freeview HD reception. by Michael Chare
The BBC HD channels are transmitted from Crystal palace on channel 31 at half the power level of the SD channels. I live in a marginal reception area, and whilst I can receive 4 of the Freeview muxes perfectly, the mux on channel 32 has a low quality level, and the mux on channel 34 is useless most of the time. Is there anyway of determining whether I can receive the HD channels OK other...
March 13th 11 12:15 AM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
6 815
Sound Levels by JohnW
Does anyone monitor sound levels on transmissions these days? We have been blasted with sound several times this evening on BBC1 Sandy Heath. It seems to be getting very common recently. John
March 12th 11 11:00 PM
by Victor Delta[_2_] Go to last post
7 194
TOT Caption competition. by Graham.[_3_]
http://rabstaff.99k.org/operator.jpg -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 11 01:41 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
42 491
DSO and the scams by Bill Wright[_2_]
In Yorkshire we have DSO in few months, so all the old people have had a fat and important looking envelope through the letter-box telling them about the help scheme. Although the thing is not worded to cause alarm, it is causing confusion and already the reports of outrageous rip-offs by aerial firms are coming in. A friend rung me tonight to tell me that his mum and dad had paid 300 for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 11th 11 05:51 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
63 585
Blake SR18 range by Bill Wright[_2_]
They fit the dipole so that the cable comes off the wrong way, going towards the reflector instead of towards the cradle. Also they use those horrible wingnuts instead of proper nuts. Does anyone agree with me about this? I'm intending to raise the matter with them. Also, does anyone use the wideband ones? Any good? Bill
March 11th 11 03:57 PM
by John Legon Go to last post
8 179
CH4 HD via Freesat, Other Channels. by David
A while back it was post that CH4 HD could be got on Freesat Other Channels then it became encrypted, any info. on yet to get it back? Regards David
March 11th 11 10:04 AM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
7 141
Humax EPG by JonC87
Station 33 on Freeview is ITV1+1 ? On my Humax EPG it is shown as ITV2+1. But the logo clearly states ITV1+1 on the screen.The prog received is ITV1+1 Is there some reason for this ??
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 11 11:36 PM
by John Dean Go to last post
20 394
MPEG2 TS to MPEG2 PS (Humax to TV/DLNA) by Paul D Smith[_2_]
This might help someone. Humax (and probably other) PVRs create MPEG2 TS output but TVs with media player capability typically require MPEG2 PS output. The following (run off the command line) converts between the two. ffmpeg -map 0.0:0.0 -map 0.1:0.1 -map 0.2:0.2 -i Test.ts -target pal-dvd -vcodec copy -acodec copy Test.mpeg -acodec copy -newaudio ---
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 11 06:03 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
20 1,397
Being Human - Sunday 6th March by Dickie Mint
Our DSAT HD recording of this(on the Humax HDR) suffered from one major loss od sound at the beginning (cage scene) and several of several seconds during the episode. Anyone else? No apology, so either my Humax or the usual inability of a broadcaster to actually monitor what they're putting out. richard
March 9th 11 08:50 AM
by Dickie Mint Go to last post
5 171
1080i or 1080p? by Scott[_2_]
I have a Humax HD (Freeview) PVR. There is a choice between 1080p and 1080i output. My TV is compatible with both. I understood that 1080p was better but also that the programmes are transmitted as 1080i so I wondered which is the appropriate setting to use (or does it make no difference)? Thanks Scott
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 8th 11 12:40 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
28 483
TTWOT - but funny: by Woody[_4_]
Did anyone see that there are recommendations out that weekend offshore sailors should stay at home next Saturday. Why? Because John Prescott is reading the Shipping Forecast (for Red
March 7th 11 11:20 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
3 133
Post New Thread