Post New Thread
PCI card issues - resolve? or new card reccomendatins? by Lobster
I have an old Nebula DigiTV PCI card in my PC, and am using it to record movies etc to my HD, and then streaming these to a Western Digital Live media player. The problem is that the DigiTV output files are a bit flakey; they are .mpg (no more info available); they record to HD at ~1Gb/hour. I can play them back fine using Nebula's own DigiTV player, but the files are unstable if I play them...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 25th 11 06:36 AM
by John Legon Go to last post
24 597
Camcorder to catch a burglar by john brooks
Yesterday we learn't from friends that their house has recently been burgled several times. I've heard of people installing hidden camcorders which are 'movement' activated and send their images straight on to the internet. (so the images cannot be destroyed if discovered in the house). Also a recorded phone call can be sent to friends houses so that they can then ring the local police to tell...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 11 11:54 PM
by Michael Chare[_3_] Go to last post
14 283
DOGs by Alan[_4_]
I understand that as well as the channel DOG we already have it is a requirement to have a product placement "P" DOG when the programme contains the product being advertised. These "P" DOGs appear to be full black to full white so no subtle transparent mode! -- Alan news2009 {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 11 11:43 PM
by Johny B Good Go to last post
13 245
BT Tower 1080i50 Colour Bars on Eurobird 1 by pqtek
Channel Ident: 54515 Freq: 12726 SR: 27500 FEC: 3/4 Format: DVB-S2 QPSK Any guesses what this channel might become? Could it be E4 HD, or maybe NHK World HD which Freesat have today confirmed will launch on their service in May?
March 24th 11 10:42 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
3 246
Curry's LG offer by Jumbo Jack
I was in there yesterday and they had these on offer http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-42pj550-42-hd-ready-plasma-tv-04877762-pdt.html 42" plasma HD at £399. Quite a nice looking set
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 24th 11 06:39 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
28 1,389
They are back! -- "The Original Crime Family" by J G Miller[_3_]
"The saga of a crime family in 1492 Italy." Starring Jeremy Irons as everybody's favorite Bishop of Rome, Pope Alexander VI, "The Borgias" (Borgias Productions + Mid Atlantic Films + Octagon Films + Take 5 Productions) debuts on Showtime in the USofA and on Bravo! in the Dominion of Canada on April 3rd, 2011. Derek Jacobi guest stars as Cardinal Orsini.
March 24th 11 01:45 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
2 136
The shape of aerials past by Dingo
One for Bill. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22890258/aeriel_001.jpg Scanned from a 50p book (1975) I picked up in a charity shop a few weeks back. The photograph is by David McEnery. ~~ Dingo ;~)
March 23rd 11 11:57 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 199
Reminder: please ignore Jamie when he's abusive by Bill Wright[_2_]
As per header.
March 23rd 11 03:44 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
5 112
Channel 4 HD from Eurobird 1 by pqtek
Broadcasting unencrypted right now.
March 23rd 11 12:01 PM
by pqtek Go to last post
0 97
Warning for the faint-hearted by Bill Wright[_2_]
At the start of Doctors we were warned that the programme had strong themes. How lilly levered is the daytime audience, in the BBC's estimation? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 22nd 11 12:34 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
26 466
You and Yours by Bill Wright[_2_]
I believe there will be an item in Monday’s ‘You and Yours’ on the subject of local councils installing IRS systems of doubtful value in their residential properties. Bill
March 22nd 11 12:29 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
9 140
9200T channel switching. by David Paste[_2_]
Just had a very strange 5 minutes of this box flicking to BBC1 after a few seconds of switching to any other channel. A quick flash of "please wait..." would show in the top right of the screen before automatically tuning to BBC1. Any ideas why?! (Remote has fresh batteries, and even blocking IR path didn't stop the switch. Signal from Winter Hill. Weirdnes has stopped now.)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 22nd 11 12:26 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
59 1,035
Adjacent regions by Steve Thackery[_2_]
My Mum went to one of these talks for old people about DSO the other day. They said something that puzzles me: even if you currently receive the wrong region in anaoluge, you'll be able to get the right region after DSO, without making any changes to your aerial. She lives in Ripley, Derbyshire, and currently receives the regional news from the West Midlands. I haven't been in the loft,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 22nd 11 12:20 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
17 351
You and Yours by Dave Plowman (News)
I think it was on Y&Y yesterday where they discussed household energy efficiency. Using two Coronation Street houses to illustrate things at some exhibition or other. The very ernest young lady 'expert' explained that the fluorescent light fitting in one kitchen was dreadfully inefficient like all fluorescents. Wonder what she thought CFL stood for? -- *It's lonely at the top, but you eat...
March 22nd 11 10:13 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
0 100
A Laugh at Lapland by Jumbo Jack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12783389 13 months inside.....probably out in 5. still £250,000 missing from the accounts.........so they did all right really.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 22nd 11 09:59 AM
by snot Go to last post
26 394
Digital help scheme by gordon Sinclair
I told one of my customers to contact this lot rather than pay me for an extension. She had a crt portable working from an inside aerial.The 'installer' supplied a digibox, and tuned it in with the inside aerial, said that'll be fine and left. She already had an aerial in the main room but he didnt even check that.
March 22nd 11 06:48 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 143
Anthea Turner in a Red Bikini by Ha Ha
Anthea Turner in a very revealing Red Bikini - enjoy http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09545_at1_122_910lo.jpg#
March 21st 11 07:00 PM
by pete[_6_] Go to last post
3 988
BBC Programmes failed to record by AJM
I felt steam coming out of my ears shortly after 10pm this evening when I realised that "Waking The Dead" on BBC 1 and "The Secret War On Terror" on BBC2 had not been recorded on my Humax 9300T. They did not show in the list of recorded programmes nor did they show on the recording schedule as they had done earlier in the evening. I wonder if anyone else had similar failures? I receive a strong...
March 21st 11 10:57 AM
by Stephen Wolstenholme Go to last post
5 758
ITV1 HD LOST by REDSKINS[_3_]
my ITV1 HD has gone, it was there this morning and now gone, I live in Anglia region, so default version is meridian, EPG working, no message on screen. if i manually tune to the other ITV1 HD regions, they come up fine! Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 11 06:18 PM
by Glyn Morgan Go to last post
16 381
TOT flicking hell fire by Bill Wright[_2_]
This dinner time I was eating a very nice duck in black bean sauce, from a bowl. There was a lot of sauce. It was dark sticky stuff. I had a spoon resting on the rim of the bowl. A heavy file slid off the printer, due to the latter suddenly deciding to do an auto-clean and wobbling a bit. I attempted to grab the file but missed and it hit the spoon handle with some force. The spoon see-sawed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 20th 11 04:41 PM
by Mike Henry Go to last post
42 679