Post New Thread
TV announcements by Brian Gaff
Now it seems to me that as ch5 and others are doing a fair bit of audio description, it might actually be nice to say just before the proggy, whether it has it or not. OK there is the program guides, but none of these speak unless you have the Goodmans box, and the only other way to know is to have a speech enabled computer to look it up on. So, why don't they do it? Also while I'm on, do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 11th 11 01:47 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
27 271
dave ja vue by Trevor Wright
dave ja vue should be on channel 25 according to various sources. According to my TV, and also PVR, there's no service there. Is DJV available or not? -- Trevor Wright
February 10th 11 06:00 PM
by Trevor Wright Go to last post
6 135
TOT : Cons appoint BBC news editor as Comms chief by Sheila[_2_]
The prime minister has chosen a senior executive at BBC News to replace Andy Coulson as Director of Government Communications. Craig Oliver, Controller of English at BBC Global News, and a former editor of the BBC News at Six and Ten will take up the post shortly. His job will be to lead efforts to sell David Cameron, the Coalition and the Conservative Party to the country. BBC director of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 10th 11 02:12 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
26 304
cable theft by Bill Wright[_2_]
It's getting ridiculous! A few days ago 23 people in a small town near here rung the police to say that all the cables had been stolen from the fronts of their houses. Phone cables, aerial cables, satellite cables, cable TV cables, all had been neatly stripped off. It happened between 2am and 5am. There were far more than 23 houses involved, because not everyone rung up. Basically it was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
30 355
How to open remote on 9200T by Jim
Does anyone know how to open the remote for the Humax 9200T (RT-531B) I have both sliding covers off and there seems to be 2 slots at the bottom suitable for a flat head screwdriver just wondering if I should push in and twist or just push in, wonder who will be first with smutty comments. Jim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 11 07:30 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
20 458
Accurate record by Allan[_2_]
I thought "Accurate Record" was supposed to ensure that a recording would start and stop at the correct time corresponding to the actual start and finish times of the programmes. The manual for my Panasonic recorder (EX769) says that to ensure the correct operation of the Accurate Record system, the start and stop times should be manually adjusted to be a few minutes before and after the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 11 01:48 PM
by Mark Myers Go to last post
23 386
4:3 to Widescreen by Rob[_11_]
I've bought the Our Friends in the North DVD, not unnaturally 4:3, although with gaps top/bottom for some reason. What process does the BBC (and others) use to display these old programmes to fill a widescreen TV? Dad's Army for example always looks fine to me, but presumably there's some chopping or stretching going on. Also, can any TVs or DVDPs make a reasonable job of this? My Panasonic...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 11 01:02 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
11 180
Ski Sunday Cut and Paste again by madge
Analogue is a cutout version of the Digital signal with the timings cutoff. -- http://www.madge.tk Madges Links http://home2.btconnect.com/kibo/PhotoAlbums/madgesphoto
February 6th 11 09:41 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
4 141
Aspect ratio by Rick[_10_]
I saw this question asked on another NG, however it never received any kind of explanation, so as I'm also curious as to the reason I thought that this might be a more appropriate group to ask. Does anyone know why even some of the larger American broadcasters like CNN, CNBC etc, as well other broadcasters such as Aljazeera still insist on broadcasting in 4:3 in the 21st century? especially...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 11 03:54 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
75 765
For your delectation and delight by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/andtothinkthesepeoplehavethevote.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 11 08:03 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
15 351
DVD player freezes. by AJM
A bit OT perhaps but there is an enviable body of knowledge lurks about in this group! I have a Sony RDR - Gx120 DVD recorder, which I bought four years ago. It cost £114.99 from Amazon. Even from early days it would play well through a DVD then freeze. It would then continue and freeze again several times thereby losing chunks of content. On occasions I just had to remove it and do a bit...
February 4th 11 05:30 PM
by AJM Go to last post
3 143
Get Good Jobs In AUSTRALIA by kiran kumar
Due to High Security Risk I have hidden the Videos in an Image In that Website on below Search Box Click on Image and Watch Videos. http://www.webinfoforall.be.tf
February 4th 11 04:29 PM
by kiran kumar Go to last post
0 83
screen size by Bill Wright[_2_]
I've been watching HD on a 23" computer monitor, just as a temporary measure and out of interest. If I get much further than 1.2m from the screen I see less detail, and if I get closer than 1m I see a lot of artefacts. This suggests on the face of it that when I finally get round to replacing my living room TV set I will need a 70" screen, since the viewing distance is 3.8 to 4m. That is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 3rd 11 06:21 PM
by No Name Go to last post
33 620
BBC1 HD signed programmes by Bill Wright[_2_]
As far as I can see, what they do is shrink the picture so it makes room for the signer, thus losing resolution because the programme is made in SD. They then upscale it for HD. Why not fit the original (be it SD or HD) into an HD picture? Then, if the original was SD it would end up more-or-less the same resolution as it started off, instead of being sort of 405-lines-ish. Do I make myself...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 11 12:53 AM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
15 291
Curious fault by Bill Wright[_2_]
Paul rung up to tell a tale. He was working on a communal system of the type where a cable runs through the lofts of the terraced houses, then underground to the next row, and so on. There are repeater amps at intervals. The complaint was of 'ghosting', rather unusual in this day and age, and pixellated DTT. The DTT was dropping out unpredictably with strange ripples across the muxes and...
February 2nd 11 07:20 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 82
Calling people who've installed Televes aVANT 5'S with a PCT 3.0 programmer. by Stephen[_3_]
Hi all, I am shortly taking possession of two Televes Avant 5 compact headends along with a PCT 3.0 programmer. The only fly in the ointment is that the cable that connects the prgorammer to the headends is missing.from the deal. From what I can gather, the connector sockets are RJ45 at both ends and that a 8 way flat IDC cable is used.
February 2nd 11 03:33 PM
by Terry Casey[_3_] Go to last post
8 335
BBC1 HD signed programmes by Bill Wright[_2_]
As far as I can see, what they do is shrink the picture so it makes room for the signer, thus losing resolution because the programme is made in SD. They then upscale it for HD. Why not fit the original (be it SD or HD) into an HD picture? Then, if the original was SD it would end up more-or-less the same resolution as it started off, instead of being sort of 405-lines-ish. And the signer...
February 2nd 11 08:19 AM
by mikeos Go to last post
2 126
I am Samantha I am 21 Years Old I NEED FUN $75 PER NIGHT by SAMANTHA STEELE
Due to some Restrictions I have hidden the VIDEOS+ PHOTOS........ CLICK on the IMAGE which is below SEARCH BOX of the website for My PHONE NO AND PROFILE… http://www.webinfoforall.be.tf
February 2nd 11 12:44 AM
by SAMANTHA STEELE Go to last post
0 87
Worldwide, India { Well… I have got some fantastic news } by liley
Hot Indian Live Naughty Get sexy AMAZING video MOVIE clips for http://doiop.com/funny-entertainments !*!*!*!*!*!* http://bit.ly/dGcWkj *!*!* !*!*!* http://bit.ly/hMLeAj *!*!*!*!*!*
February 1st 11 08:41 PM
by liley Go to last post
0 91
Channel 5 missing off GuidePlus EPG (Panasonic TV) by papadeltasierra
The subject says it all. I can watch channel 5 but have no idea what's on until I change channel. Grumble, grumble, Panasonic, GuidePlus and no standard Freeview EPG grumble grumble. Paul DS.
February 1st 11 08:14 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
3 132
Post New Thread