Post New Thread
Freeview, the Wrekin by Donwill
I have an old aerial (8 or 9 element?) which I think is an A group and is pointing at the Wrekin which is approx 25 miles away, I have line of sight and have an excellent analogue picture. I have a new TV with built in freeview coming on Monday so I want to get connected to the existing aerial until proved or otherwise that I need a wideband, maybe in October? The aerial has a downlead ( old ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 11 05:30 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
28 457
HDTV resolution. by David Paste[_2_]
Why are the 2 HD standards 720*1280 and 1080*1920 - surely having them at x0.5 (or x2) would be better for up- or down-scaling or is there some complercatid maffs that I am not aware of which renders this moot? T.I.A. David Paste.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 1st 11 02:28 PM
by Richard Russell Go to last post
95 1,675
Mounting a TV antenna with a bulldozer by Doctor D
Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ008exDu7Y
March 1st 11 01:26 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
9 152
Panasonic Viera Link by Bob[_7_]
Hi all, I wonder if you can help with this: I have a Panny lcd tv with viera link connected to a Panny HD DVD recorder and a Panny blu-ray player. I can't for the life of me get viera link to workm all I get is "function not avaioable". The 3 units are connected exactly as per their respective manuals, the dvd has an hdmi ltad to the lowest number hdmi input on the tv, as well as a scart...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 28th 11 09:11 PM
by Bob[_7_] Go to last post
14 673
new aerial or second sKy dish? by Tanuki
Remember that so long as it has the requisite unobstructed sky-view, a satellite-dish can be located at ground-level, unlike a UHF antenna! Round here, plenty of people bolt their Sky-dish to a fence, while a UHF terrestrial antenna needs to go on a chimney-mounted 10-foot mast or a couple of conjoined scaffold-poles at the highest point in the garden just to see over the surrounding woodland.
February 28th 11 06:59 PM
by Tanuki Go to last post
0 103
new aerial or second sKy dish? by Michael Chare
"Ghostrecon" wrote in message ... Hi Folks can you please give me some advice... Currently have one sky dish - sky+ on 2 outputs an old sky box on the third and a freesat box on the fourth. To get freeview I would have to replace te aerial/downlead currently it gaive a snowy picture with analog (and always has done)...
February 28th 11 06:33 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
0 96
TiVo angers UK users with Series1 axe by Adrian
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a304166/tivo-angers-uk-users-with-series1-axe.html -- Adrian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
19 298
test card pattern by Pops
I recall that you can on some tuners enter a test card pattern using the correct sequence. Does anyone know if that still works and what's the order?
February 27th 11 09:38 PM
by Pops Go to last post
4 127
DVR recommendation please by Vic[_2_]
Well, finally the MIL has conceded that her old VHS recorder will no longer be of any use after DSO. She has been using the same E180 tape for about the last 5 years to time shift programmes so the time has come for a new DVR and I have been given the task of obtaining and installing one. Her TV is a fairly new 32" Samsung LCD with HDMI input and she has good freeview reception. She has been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 11 03:30 AM
by Steve Terry[_3_] Go to last post
96 888
More colour bias at the BBC by Bill Wright[_2_]
Last night's Top Gear was outrageous in this respect. The snow was bright blue at one point, then vaguely pink at another. Some shots were very contrasty, almost as if it was done for effect. During one shot the gross over-exposure was suddenly corrected. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 26th 11 07:30 AM
by Alan[_4_] Go to last post
13 221
Yet another new aerial by PeterC
um, sorry! Current one is about 30 years old, pointing at Oxford, and has the old, brown cable - miracle that it works. Signals are about 30% at the lower end up to about 60% at the top end. It gets CNs from 34 up - not 29 One major fault is that there is significant degradation when a train passes, behind the aerial, about 50m away and at the same height (this is why I can't use Sandy - and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 11 08:51 AM
by Alan[_4_] Go to last post
24 356
City & Guilds Fake by Lanny
Our company deals with many sites, vendors and printing stock companies. We specialize in all foreign documents such as GCSE, GCE, ALevels, OLevels, Singapore Cambridge, HNC, HNC, City & Guilds, SQA, CELTA, DELTA, ESOL, NVQ, Nebosh, Degrees, and Transcripts etc….. As a FULL SERVICE PRINTING COMPANY and not some little fake degree site as we deal in and also sell: Training Services, Police...
February 24th 11 02:16 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
2 236
Be careful with John Lewis Price Guarantee now. by David
See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354239/John-Lewis-changes-Never-Knowingly-Undersold-price-vow-door.html Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 24th 11 09:39 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
95 1,318
Dancing on ice not recorded by Humax by Jeff Layman[_2_]
The 9200T did not record Dancing on Ice at 6.35 tonight (SWMBO not best pleased...). The series link is still showing on the EPG for 6.35 (and also for the 9.30 programme). I'd suspect the Humax, but it did record Top Gear at 8.00 without problem. Oddly, when I checked it this afternoon everything in the recording schedule set up over the last few weeks was there, except Dancing on Ice,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 11 09:32 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
17 290
In bed with flu, bored stiff? by Bill Wright[_2_]
If so, take a look at http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/index.shtml I’ve added all my What Satellite articles from May to December last year. Constructive criticism welcome. Many thanks to Webmaster Mike Brown for his excellent services, and Mark Carver for his invaluable input, and everyone else who has contributed the snippets to this group which I have cheerfully plagiarised.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 11 11:49 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon Go to last post
11 248
Digital set top box by Des[_2_]
Hi. I am confused with Digital and analouge free view set top box. Is the Digital only for use with a satalight dish. I don't have sky ty but have a modern arial for the switch over. Please help on this.
February 23rd 11 09:43 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
8 135
City & Guilds Testing Certificates by Lanny
Our company deals with many sites, vendors and printing stock companies. We specialize in all foreign documents such as GCSE, GCE, ALevels, OLevels, Singapore Cambridge, HNC, HNC, City & Guilds, SQA, CELTA, DELTA, ESOL, NVQ, Nebosh, Degrees, and Transcripts etc….. As a FULL SERVICE PRINTING COMPANY and not some little fake degree site as we deal in and also sell: Training Services, Police...
February 23rd 11 08:46 PM
by Lanny Go to last post
0 91
The price of fuel... by Jumbo Jack
cannot be too much of a worry to many...........they still race up and down the roads at great speed which obviously means higher revs and thus greater fuel consumption. I bet the fuel providers are loving them...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 11 03:29 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
13 205
DivX - what a run-around. by housetrained
bought a blu-ray with DivX BUT before you can play any DivX registration is required. On the DivX site I am being given the run-around - every link eventually gets me back to the start. PLEASE HELP. TIA John the West Ham fan
February 23rd 11 10:01 AM
by Ian Go to last post
5 136
amplifier/splitter by David Wilson
I have a rooftop aerial that is wired to a powered splitter in the attic. One cable goes to my computer which has a USB digital tuner and the other goes to a wall plate in my lounge. Reception is from the Angus transmitter, digital only, analogue switched off. I also have sky.
February 22nd 11 05:36 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
4 114
Post New Thread