Post New Thread
Cold reboot needed for TV by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Yesterday, as on many previous occasions, I got a YouTube video on my Panasonic TX-55CX680B "Smart" TV for my grandson. As the advert at the start came to an end, the screen froze, then went blank. I could not get back to the video or even to the TV channels. The only buttons on the remote which the TV responded to were the eHelp and Power on/off (into standby). Leaving it in standby for a...
August 26th 17 03:34 PM
by Davey Go to last post
8 42
Scambled? by Davey
We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector Montalbano recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all we have is 1hr 58 mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either scrambled or not available. I don't think I was doing any other recordings that could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and got the timing right, it just didn't record the programme. I see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 26th 17 03:39 AM
by Yellow[_3_] Go to last post
11 45
Watching an eclipse by Scott[_2_]
I have just seen coverage on Channel 4 News of the eclipse, where people were watching using special sunglasses. I though no sunglasses were safe for looking directly at the sun?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 24th 17 11:44 AM
by AnthonyL Go to last post
37 63
Well network failure at bbc last night by Brian Gaff
About midnight all the local stations went off or changed to some arbitrary other sevice. They had a sort of service running by 1am but it was still intermittent. So much for sticking all your eggs in one basket. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
August 24th 17 06:56 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 32
Screwfix cable sale by Woody[_5_]
If anyone is interested Screwfix currently have a cable clearance sale on with such as PF100 (25m, 50m, 100m, and 250m in black) at around 40% off. They are also doing white versions - all Labgear branded - even cheaper, and if you must have it RG6 is also reduced. -- Woody
August 22nd 17 03:00 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
0 31
My 5. by Brian Gaff
You know when this channel turned up I thought as I could only hear the name, that MI5 had their own channel, but instead its boredom central, ie all the crap that nobody wanted to see on ch 5 repeated indefinitely. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
August 21st 17 08:31 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 26
Big Ben's Bongs are going to be missing for 4 years by Ian Jackson[_7_]
Big Ben's Bongs are going to be missing for 4 years. They have been off before, but only for relatively short periods. But 4 years! What will we do? Why not use a loud loudspeaker system (located nearby) to play recordings? -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 20th 17 10:19 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
68 125
OK time to do another freeview re tune by Brian Gaff
At least according to the apologetic likkle messate my set top box told me over the wweekend. Lets see what happens this time. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 17 05:44 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
17 53
That was a very quick and cheap slot filler by Phi
BBC one 19:00 Sir Bruce Forsyth: Mr Entertainment
August 19th 17 08:37 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 43
blackberries near Peterborough by Bill Wright[_3_]
Go to the Services at the junction of the A1 and the A605. The lorry and caravan parking area is a long thin bit to the west of the rest of the site. Go right to the end, in between the two rows of lorries and caravans. At the end on the left in the corner is a little plantation of trees, including some oaks. When nobody's looking nip into it and head south about five yards and find the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 15th 17 11:20 PM
by pamela Go to last post
35 85
FS: Topfield TF5810 PVR by Mike Tomlinson[_2_]
I have a Topfield TF5810 for sale if anyone here is interested before it goes to ebay. Good working order, 1TB disk, HDMI out, latest Toppy.org.uk recommended firmware, MyStuff 6.2 installed, remote, RF loop-through lead, manual, original box. PSU recently re-capped. 40 quid + P&P at cost. Can deliver within 30 miles of CH45 The email address works.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 17 07:54 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
17 162
Retune, the son of by Brian Gaff
Does anyone know when all the stilly markers will be removed from the channel list the ones that say this xxx has moved? It might be worth me waiting till then to see if Ican get my odd channels on the local mux to fall back in line with where they were before. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 17 07:11 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
10 58
vcr repairs and servicing and macrovision removal by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I've got a couple of VHS tapes that are not available on DVD so I got my old VCR out of the wardrobe and tried to connect it to my Pioneer freeview dvd recorder. But the dvd recorder displayed a message saying it was copy protected and refused to record it. I'm guessing it is macrovision? I don't have a video card so I cannot copy to my pc at the moment. Please recommend one if you think...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 15th 17 03:49 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
21 134
ITV Newsroom background by Dave W
In the ITV 'newsroom' which is mainly CGI, I find myself watching the background more than the presenter. It's totally ludicrous, with hundreds of screens and open laptops all showing different pictures, yet nobody watching them. I look out for a screen featuring a man in a red lifejacket, soon after the background has been started up. I wonder how long it runs before repeating. Then again I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 14th 17 09:02 PM
by NY Go to last post
27 91
Perpetual motion? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Interesting to see that CPC advertise some of their 12V input, 230V output inverters as a means to 'charge batteries ... in case of a power blackout.' Bill
August 14th 17 08:19 AM
by bilou[_2_] Go to last post
8 22
My set top box says channels change on 16 aug. by Brian-Gaff
Hopefully this will get rid of all those left overs from the main change and I can retune and get my 800 channels back in the right place. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
August 12th 17 03:07 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 37
When will the dummy channels be removed? by Brian Gaff
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview? Until that occurs I fancy my local mux channels will have to remain over ch 800. I have been told by some people that the system is basically stuffed by the huge number of channels and suffers this issue due to this. It has no memory to shove things into the right slots, which might also explain some repeats as well...
August 11th 17 03:09 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
8 46
BBC News Blunder by Java Jive[_2_]
"Powys man gets broadband via satellite over Africa" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-40745533 " they are positioned above the equator to maximise coverage." Oh dear! Actually, they are positioned over the equator because that is the only place you can obtain a geo-stationary orbit, enabling fixed dishes to work. Satellites that aren't in geo-stationary orbit
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 10th 17 04:27 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
365 380
Wenvoe woes by Jeff Layman[_2_]
We've just been staying in a holiday cottage west of Bristol. The TV reception was poor - no signal from Mendip due to a hill being in the way, so reception was from Wenvoe (about 30km west). According to https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Wenvoe reception should have been good, but it wasn't. There was nothing on Com 6, 7, and 8 - none of the 3 TVs there would even register their existence....
August 7th 17 09:06 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
7 49
Someone has pulled out a plug by Phi
Due to a technical fault we can't bring you Look North, our engineers are working on it.
August 7th 17 07:59 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 40
Post New Thread