Post New Thread
an easy way to share files and a strange thing in a BBC programme by Bill Wright[_3_]
I am helping with a closed user group on Facebook. We have pinned a page to the head of the list that contains links to Dropbox files that are for permanent reference. We don't want the whole darned contents of the files displayed in Facebook because if they are pinned to top of the list it will be a nuisance and if they aren't they will move down and be forgotten. Many of the 150...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 17 12:20 PM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
14 36
2001: A Space Odyssey by Phi
BBC2 @11:15
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 17 06:35 AM
by Bob Latham Go to last post
42 81
Obscure gangster movies. by Ian Field
Anyone remember which gangster movie had a bloke being winched into a meat grinder truck on tracks? Thanks.
July 10th 17 07:08 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
6 25
BBC Iplayer autoplay by Richmond[_2_]
How do I switch off autoplay on the iplayer website? Somewhere in the help I saw something which said you can turn it off in the iplayer settings, but I can't see any iplayer settings. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer (Autoplay is whatever makes the next episode play without asking).
July 10th 17 08:04 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
2 35
Ch4 and 4+1 confusion by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Anyone else experience the Ch4 and 4+1 confusion on Freeview SD this afternoon from Rowridge? I turned on the TV to watch the last 20 minutes of Countdown on Channel 4, only to find "Posh Pawnbrokers" showing on Channel 4+1. On channel 13, Countdown was showing. On 104 HD, Countdown was showing normally. Just in case some channel updates had taken place I retuned the TV, but Ch4 and 4+1...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
27 46
Voice controlled tellies by Brian Gaff
So anyone had any experiences with these. Having just got an Amazon Echo, I was wondering if the command set on a tellie also runs to something like BBC I Pleyer Please play me Dr Who with audio description. brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
July 4th 17 08:56 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
8 22
Sound on cbs channels by Brian Gaff
The CBS channels are putting out non audio described versions of ncis and other us series. Howeever the audio is muffled and indistinct. In fact a lot of the time it sounds like mono and with a phase shift as if its an old magnetic tape with an azimuth adjusted incorrectly so you get a suck out of particular frequences where the null occurs. I cannot see the pictures, but if their attantion...
July 2nd 17 10:39 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 22
Dropout on digital audio by Pinnerite
I live in the North London area. I run Kaffeine 1.3-git on my computer. SD Television renders perfectly but radio is diabolical. I rarely access radio stations but it would be convenient. It has never bothered me before but I would like to understand why this should be. -- Mageia 5.1 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.65-desktop-1.mga5
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 17 09:31 PM
by Alan White[_3_] Go to last post
16 53
tv aerial masts by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I am some distance from the tv transmitter, so I may need a masthead amp. I can get into the loft to install an aerial but I'm not brave enough to go on the outside and put an aerial at height. Considering that my signal may already be weak, is it worth trying to DIY an aerial in the loft, or should I just pay someone to fit an external one?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 1st 17 11:08 AM
by Dave W Go to last post
36 91
Parry People Mover by Chris J Dixon
Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of "Invented in..." The Midlands version included (about halfway through) a segment on Parry's People Mover, and can be viewed he http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08w1g9n/invented-in-the-midlands Chris --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 30th 17 06:20 PM
by pamela Go to last post
18 42
Red Button Puzzle by Davey
The Red Button service is asking me to test my Cash Machine Knowledge. It credits Getty Images and AndSim (?) for the images. But it fails to explain what images, and how to take the test. Most curious. -- Davey.
June 27th 17 04:48 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 31
BBC Radio Solent. The ghost station... by Brian Gaff
last night after the previous weeks cock ups played their there is a fault music recording from midnight till 1pm as the joining to r5 live was left set to 1pm as per a weekday. This recording including solent station IDs went out on surrey and Sussex as well. Where is the monitoring person? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
June 27th 17 04:21 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 30
Audio return channel by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have a Panasonic TX-55CX680B TV and Onkyo AV TX-SR252 receiver connected via HDMI. If I change the TV's volume with its remote control with the AV receiver off, the on-screen display shows "Volume" with a sliding scale and volume level number which changes, increasing or decreasing as the sound level increases or decreases. If I have the AV receiver on, and use its remote control to...
June 27th 17 03:44 PM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
4 42
CorelDraw 4 by Bill Wright[_3_]
I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great. Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8, which v12 and 17 will open, but I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 26th 17 09:37 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
11 51
I have to wait 30 minutes by Phi
......because I put the wrong password in twice whilst logging into BBC iPlayer in new browser......what is the big security for, they don't want licence number
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 25th 17 10:28 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
25 55
Why don't they... by Brian Gaff
Instead of messing about with radio stations tacked on to different freeview multiplexes, simply build one in each area with all the radio stations only on it. Also, in my view in these times of hd and surround sound, the minimum we should expect should be stereo on radio stations in my view. I mean even on DAB BBC4x is in mono but stereo on the web and freeview, whiile some if not most of...
June 24th 17 09:31 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 61
The coming strife by newshound[_3_]
On 6/19/2017 3:37 PM, Richard wrote: "newshound" wrote in message ... On 6/19/2017 11:52 AM, Bill Wright wrote: This morning we are given the news that someone has driven a van into a crowd of people outside a Mosque, killing one and injuring many. For some time now I've feared that the UK is heading for a period...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 23rd 17 09:19 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
61 104
The Terminator - I'll not be back by Dan[_3_]
I recently signed up with Virgin Media for 100Mb broadband, taking phone & their freeview TV package. I duly cancelled the lot after finding I was in an oversold area making the broadband unusable at peak times. Anyway, they sent me a box to return their kit which had a note giving instructions on how to unplug it all etc. At the end it said IMPORTANT! pull (not unscrew) the cable from the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 22nd 17 04:09 PM
by Dan[_3_] Go to last post
34 74
Help needed with smart TV by Roger Mills[_2_]
Just bought a Samsung 49KU6470 smart TV, which seems to work pretty well, and the picture and sound are quite good. But there are a couple of issues which I can't get my head around. 1. Voice commands. My set understands voice commands but the manual - even the downloaded one, let along the quick start guide which came with the set - only has very cursory information. Nowhere can I find a...
June 21st 17 09:40 PM
by Roger Mills[_2_] Go to last post
7 40
wolfbane - problems? by David[_14_]
A long time since I last used wolfbane to point an aerial but as I'm at a campsite and all the aerials seem to be pointing in different directions with different vertical/horizontal alignments I thought I would give it a go. Site is there but doesn't load on my Android tablet. The link is http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? from a Google search.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 21st 17 12:20 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
21 75