Post New Thread
iPlayer and iPlayer app by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I forgot to record the Adele bit of Glastonbury, so thought I'd pick it up on BBC iPlayer. Delving though the iPlayer website on my laptop, I came across a specific section of Glastonbury which showed the Adele session. Fine. So back to the TV, and fire up the iPlayer app. It has numerous sessions, but none of Adele alone. Odd. We have a quick look at the 2-hour programme showing highlights...
July 7th 16 04:51 PM
by Me Go to last post
7 248
Extra mast at Blackhill? by Scott[_2_]
I was cycling near the main Blackhill and Kirk o'Shotts transmitters this afternoon when I noticed a fourth mast. This is in addition to the original BBC mast, original ITA mast and the new 'digital' mast. Any ideas what this for and why it is needed when there are two substantial masts no longer used for television transmissions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 16 10:00 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
17 345
PVR Choice by Chris J Dixon
Once more I am sorting out my increasingly temperamental Humax 9200T, and am looking at moving on to the next generation. Last time I asked, I decided to stick with it, but I think the time has now come. It seems that many consider that the latest equipment lacks some of the more useful functions of the older designs. If I list a few simple desires:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 5th 16 07:46 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
60 688
The break up of the UK. by Brian Gaff
Bristol declares UDI? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 3rd 16 04:47 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
145 994
OT-ish: Should I upgrade my DAB radio to DAB+ ? by Roger Mills[_2_]
Had an email from Pure today, inviting me to apply a free upgrade to my One Elite Series II radio. I'm trying to decide whether or not to do so. Having done a bit of research, it appears that: * Very few UK stations are broadcasting DAB+ * DAB isn't going to be phased out any time soon * In theory, DAB+ provides better sound quality at a given bitrate, but may just end up with more stations...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 2nd 16 04:36 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
35 385
Ain't technology wonderful by Pinnerite
A charming Siemens engineer just replaced my dial-ridden electrical meter with a new one that phones home with its readings. Great stuff. The trouble is the my Ethernet wired computer cannot 'see' the router although my wireless HTPC can! Which is how I am able to send this moan. My brain is hurting now so I'll have lunch before starting tests. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 1st 16 09:17 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
52 533
Sky Movies on Now TV by Adrian Caspersz
If ye are subscribed to this racket and paying £9.99 a month or like me at the end of some discount deal (£3.33/month) Try cancelling the pass before your last paid day, and not bothering to fill in the 'sorry to see you go' questionnaire. Just click next. To keep me (yup) they offered me £3.99 a month for a further 4 months.
June 29th 16 03:46 PM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
0 144
How to Access Viera Link on Panasonic TV? by Davy[_2_]
I have just bought a Panasonic Viera TX32LZD80 which I want to connect to my external powered speakers. I need to be able to control the volume using the TV remote. The manual doesn't explain how but I understand from other posts that I need to go to the VieraLink menu and set the 'speaker' to external. However when I press the VieraLink button or try to access the setting through the menu...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 28th 16 12:20 PM
by pamela Go to last post
21 2,624
Is your LED screen backlight needlessly at 100%? by Adrian Caspersz
Just been watching a repair video, guy changing LEDs in an LG set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5T2wwtydY His recommendation makes sense, just back it off a titchy bit. -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 25th 16 07:05 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
13 288
Basic aerial plug confusion by AnthonyL
I think part of the problem is terminology but I am set to install a Freeview PVR for a friend in a couple of days and that will involve daisy chaining the aerial into, across, and out of the PVR and into the TV (this allows the TV to be viewed without going through the PVR in case you are wondering why. For viewing the PVR - old model - a SCART is used). Anyway I need a fly lead of some sort...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 25th 16 06:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
62 542
I've had a nasty discharge by Bill Wright[_3_]
I spent a long time today using a multitool whilst wearing pumps. I then opened the tumble drier door using a big screwdriver because the handle has fallen off. As I reached into the drier a spark about an inch long jumped between the metal body of the machine and my lower arm. I felt a severe shock and I have a small brown mark on my arm. Bill
June 24th 16 04:53 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 185
Termites in the cable? by Brian Gaff
Yesterday I was outside idly musing on whether to get that loft aerial looked at or just buy the new one, when I heard this tiny ticking noise. Putting my ear against the coax I could plainly hear minute clicks. No I'm not suggesting that some unknown creature is devouring it from the inside, although it would most certainly explain the failure, but wondered what was causing it. there is no...
3 189
The worlds most affordable TV wall mount by Adrian Caspersz
Holds 10 kgs for a quid! Yes, just a quid. Hurry while we still have an economy that can produce, distribute and sell such marvels!!! Probably better suited for small PC monitor use - those that has 100x100 vesa holes. Maybe can use to support a Raspberry Pi on the back? Derision, screams and predictable wails here .. ...
June 18th 16 07:13 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 169
Signal reception finder by Bob[_12_]
We holiday around the Uk quite a bit and sometimes have problems finding the best TV signal to retune the TV to. Looking on Google gives a whole load of signal finders with prices a from a few to many pounds. Would someone (Bill maybe?) point me in the direction of a cheap but good signal finder that we could carry around with us to aid retuning. TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 17th 16 12:20 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
27 420
venerable TS21 by Bill Wright[_3_]
The customer had been drinking: that much was quite obvious. However he was the cheery sort of drunk. He welcomed us into his parlour and offered us a drink. "Don't be so silly Ernest! They have to climb up onto the roof!" "Oh yeah, sorry guys! After the roof bit then eh?" He smiled a red-faced glassy smile and then turned to the matter at hand. "t'bugger's fell down! Nearly fell off...
June 16th 16 08:31 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
3 188
a thought about York by Bill Wright[_3_]
This afternoon I sat in my luxuriously appointed motorhome in the Tesco car park at York eating my lunch. I idly flicked through the TV channels having not bothered to raise or orientate the aerial. I was vaguely surprised to see perfect reception from Made in Leeds, the Leeds local channel. Only vaguely surprised because I know the Emley Moor transmission of that local mux sends a lot of...
June 16th 16 06:19 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 328
"Rabbit" video extender - 80s technology by jamie powell
Visiting a uni friend at her parents' house today, I was intrigued to find an 'old-skool' video extender device installed in her bedroom. Branded 'Rabbit' and dated 1985, the system consists of two silver boxes - a mains-powered one in the lounge with phono composite video and stereo audio inputs, and a second box in the bedroom with an RF-out socket (plus thin-wire loop-thru for an optional...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 16th 16 10:03 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
29 728
Nothing else happened today by Bill Wright[_3_]
I've had BBC News on in the background for hours and it's all been about the death from old age of a foreign sportsman. The BBC makes me sick. They are going on and on about how he fought for civil rights, how he was a black icon, etc etc. No mention of the fact that he was a segregationist. https://youtu.be/S1Y693cSF7E Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 16th 16 02:39 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
23 357
Flies: the idle thoughts of an idle man by Bill Wright[_3_]
Whilst watching digital TV I became annoyed by the dumbing down, so I commenced watching the flies. They just fly around, don't they? But why do they do it? Why do they keep swerving onto a new course? It must be quite tiring. Why don't they just sit around? Maybe most of them are doing just that, but we don't see them. I have a can of fly spray and I like to pretend I'm a World War II...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 16 04:36 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
12 294
Rear view camera oddity by Tim+[_4_]
In our motorhome, single colour orange road markings always appear as stripes of three colours, yellow on one side, orange in the middle and red on the other. If this just chromatic aberration in the lens or is there another reason.? Just curious. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6wsdu4auy52f26/File%2010-06-2016%2C%2016%2043%2005.jpeg?dl=1 Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 13th 16 08:38 PM
by NY Go to last post
28 394