Post New Thread
Is; "********" a naughty word? by Ian Field
Recent episode of Star Trek DS9 aired before 9pm on Freeview CH64. Chief O'Brien had a mishap and let loose said expletive.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 22nd 16 09:08 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
74 716
As good as a Plasma TV? by David[_13_]
Due to circumstances we have two plasma TVs - one bought after much research (Panasonic) and one donated by "owner leaving the country" which (contrary to most used car ads for cheap cars) was true. The older Toshiba 46" plasma is "HD Ready" and doesn't have an HD tuner. It is also starting to turn itself off at annoyingly random intervals. Not sure if it is the TV or something else, but I am...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 16 05:31 PM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
11 236
Aerials for future proofing by William[_3_]
Brian-Gaff wrote: As i mentioned on here the other day, my loft aerial has died, With all the comments about shoving all the tv channels into an even more compacted tv band, would I be right in thinking that an aerial similar to what we used to call group A is what is needed? Bill Wright responded: For areas of very high field strength a log periodic is better than a yagi.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 22nd 16 01:53 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
21 388
Imigration and fornication by Brian Gaff
Rewritten lyrics to Congratulations. It is Eurovision this week after all. I think one of the interesting things at the moment is that most immigrants who are first or second generation born here are having more children than the indigenous British White population, even the Poles and the Latvians apparently. This is why we need so many new schools and probably also why there is so much...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 16 11:59 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
61 746
Come on BBC get your act together by Phi.
Google to block Flash in Chrome and default to HTML5 except for these ten white-listed sites a.. By Mark Wilson b.. Published 2 hours ago c.. No Comments a.. b.. inShare9c.. d.. By the end of 2016, Google aims to switch Chrome users away from Flash in
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 19th 16 01:24 PM
by Ian[_12_] Go to last post
12 311
4G filters by Scott[_2_]
I received my postcard from www.at800.tv yesterday. Potentially, I could receive Freeview from a local relay that I believe includes channel 59 (an this may be the reason I received the postcard). However, I took the precaution of installing a Group B aerial pointed at the main transmitter (highest channel 47) with no amplifier, so I assume I am probably going to be okay. However, I looked at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
23 1,276
general grumbling by Graham.[_12_]
Martin Wrote in message: On Tue, 10 May 2016 11:34:41 +0100, Roderick Stewart wrote: Of course 1/4 inch is 6mm, which made the guage exact to a centimetre, but that was pure coincidence. It wouldn't even be exact if I got it right and put 6.35mm. For a moment i thought you had got away with it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 16 08:28 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
12 240
Source for LED backlight strips? by Kenny Cargill
Looking for a reliable UK supplier for these. I don't have a part number but have the panel type number, it's in a 50" LG TV. Kenny Cargill --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
May 17th 16 06:45 AM
by Kenny Cargill Go to last post
0 124
Copyright holders try to remove BBC iPlayer from Google by Phi.
Interesting article. https://torrentfreak.com/copyright-holders-try-to-remove-bbc-iplayer-from-google-160515/
May 16th 16 03:13 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
9 373
Channel 5 HD by aa[_5_]
Now on Freeview / YouView (Channel 105) and Freesat.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 15th 16 12:59 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
88 426
aerials for future proofing by Brian-Gaff
OK as i mentioned on here the other day, my loft aaerial has died, and I'm thinking of getting on put on the back wall of the house as it line of sight to Crystal palace from here. With all the comments about shoving all the tv channels into and even more compacted tv band, would I be right in thinking that an aerial similar to what we used to call group A is what is needed? I should think...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 12th 16 09:40 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
48 497
External HDD for Humax HB-1000S by David[_13_]
Got the box today and it seems to be working fine. I tried to use a USB stick for recording (well, USB adapter and SDHC card) and the Humax said that it could not format the USB stick. Haven't tried with a real USB stick yet. Can a PC tell the difference between a USB memory stick and a USB hard drive? The memory stick is a Solid State Device (so SSD). Anyway, I began idly searching for an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 11th 16 10:17 AM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
58 807
On-topic ramble; just musing really by Bill Wright[_3_]
I had an intermittent fault on my home CCTV system. One analogue camera channel had RF-type interference. The really noticeable interference was a twinkly horizontal line that appeared to be locked to the mains frequency. I wasn't much bothered about that because I know what the culprit is: a PSU in another camera housing. One day when I replace that camera with an HD one the faulty PSU will...
May 11th 16 09:32 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
2 151
Where has CBS Drama gone? by Brian Gaff
I noticed the other day that a dead channel up in the high 700s has appeared with just the amessage, CBS Drama has moved to Freeview ch 71. However there is no channel 71 on my old Goodmans box, so are they lying, mistyping oar have they hidden it so nobody can get it. Not that its mega important to me, but was curious. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
May 7th 16 10:04 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
8 375
OT curious ATM incident by Bill Wright[_3_]
The machine is on the front wall of a shop that has a post office at the back. I put my card in and there was an ominously long pause, during which a static page with an advert was displayed. I was getting nervous and considering pressing 'cancel', when the woman from the post office came rushing out and said, "Don't put your card in!" "Too late!" I said. But at that point the machine said,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 16 08:43 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
12 254
Cooling a satellite decoder or similar by David[_13_]
As previously posted, my Humax FoxSatHD-G is starting to fail - going to green screen over HDMI after a while. This may be overheating or it may be something else. This was bought to replace the Bush one which always ran massively hot and had to be turned off now and then. About 3 years down the line, the Bush still works and still runs very hot. So far occasional not permanent use, so it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 5th 16 08:10 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
121 801
interlinks by Bill Wright[_3_]
A feller rung me up tonight (people still look at my website apparently), to tell me that he had bought a 1m 75ohm lead to connect something to something else for S/PDIF. His concerns were that (a) inside one of the RCA plugs he had found a tiny resistor which the colour code said was 10K, (b) when the lead was in use operation of his light switch etc would cause a brief break in the audio,...
May 5th 16 06:09 PM
by Graham.[_13_] Go to last post
3 189
worse than scart by Bill Wright[_3_]
I decided to try out the earphones that came with my phone. Of course they aren't proper earphones as per Marconi and the Titanic, they are little things that you stuff in your lugholes. Of course they immediately fall out. What an arse. Do I blame the Apple for the plug or evolution for the socket? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 5th 16 05:11 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
21 312
Sandy Heath Reception Problems by Kevin H
For the last 7 years I've been using a Proception ProAmp310X, distributing TV, FM and DAB around the house with no problems. All aerials are outside and for the TV this points at Sandy Heath. I live in Milton Keynes (MK5) and reception has never been anything other than first class. Last Saturday all the Freeview TVs lost reception. FM and DAB were OK although there was a high pitched whistle on...
May 5th 16 01:05 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
8 381
Sonic booms heard over Yorkshire for the first time. by Sid.
Panic and dismay was caused in Yorkshire on tuesday night when a couple of Typhoons were scrambled to catch up with a civilian plane that had gone off course.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 5th 16 12:42 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
23 297