Post New Thread
From the Telegraph website by Davey
"What time and when is Celebrity Big Brother 2016 on TV? Plus, have Sam Fox and Christopher Biggins been confirmed for the new series?" Who the hell cares? I mean, really. -- Davey.
July 28th 16 09:31 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
2 157
Humax Freesat Foxsat box by Bill Wright[_3_]
Quite an old box this; I don't know how old. It's used intensively for a few days then not used probably for weeks. It developed a fault as follows: It took ten minutes or more to load the programme guide. If any button was pressed during this time the box would freeze completely. Sometimes the loading was never completed; I think the box was freezing without a button being pressed. Cu do...
July 27th 16 01:12 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 270
Metaphysical frequencies by Bill Wright[_3_]
If a channel is empty does it exist? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 27th 16 07:39 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
24 415
The lying BBC - now energy by [email protected]
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:11:47 +0100 The Natural Philosopher wrote: On 25/07/16 11:08, wrote: And others have actually read their T&Cs and pointed out to you that they don't. Then they are lying I doubt that. More likely you're just being bloody minded. I've told you about
2 143
Problem after Humax Foxsat HD OTA S/W upgrade. by John Aldred
Tonight I did the Freesat OTA software upgrade for the Humax Foxsat HD box. I am now getting sporadic picture breakup on all main channels. The BBC HD channel is unwatchable. I've tried the Humax box on another dish and TV with the same result. I have an old Sky digibox which is working OK with the dish and TV. Anyone else having this problem with the Humax upgrade?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 25th 16 07:01 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
14 1,819
Glyphosate: message from Chemigrow by Bill Wright[_3_]
GLYPHOSATE THE CURRENT POSITION As a valued customer ,we felt we ought to highlight the current glyphosate situation. NOW COMES THE BORING BIT AND POTENTIAL BAD NEWS.... No doubt you are aware there is considerable attention being paid to the EU glyphosate renewal. It has been highlighted in the press on a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 23rd 16 07:19 PM
by charles[_2_] Go to last post
35 530
Extinction of consumer device species. Video Home System by Brian Gaff
Are you in the market for a brand new Video Cassette Recorder? Then you better head to RadioShack - or another electronics store of yester-year - soon, as the last known company to make the video-playing machines will stop production after this month. Funai Electric, last known company to make VCRs, will close down its production of the devices in August, ArsTechnica, citing Japanese...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 23rd 16 12:36 PM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
20 350
Rowridge off air last night? by Victor Delta[_2_]
Did anyone experience a loss of service on all channels last night from Rowridge, IoW, at around 2100?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 16 11:43 AM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
13 343
Vintage TV by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
This has disappeared off Freesat, although it is still broadcast FTA from satellite, but for how long? On Freeview it has moved to channel 86, but only a TV with a Freeview HD tuner can pick this up even though it is only SD, otherwise the channel does not appear. There is no diagnostic, and both Freeview and Vintage TV's web sites do not mention this. A bit of a cock up if you ask me!
July 22nd 16 09:50 PM
by Is it safe? Go to last post
8 364
Independence Day. by Ian Field
With all the people ditching VHS, I found an un-edited original copy where Will Smith uses a naughty word at least twice. Anyone know whether any un-edited DVDs got released? Thanks.
July 19th 16 12:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
3 151
Got them back thanks to sunshine by Brian Gaff
The full list of freeview that is, on the old aerial. I suspect this means that it is indeed the coax which is the culprit here and has now dried out. I feel some purchasing coming on. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 19th 16 05:08 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
11 275
Weird sound quality on Trainspotting Live (Tuesday 12 July episode) by NY
Most of the programme was fine, but the segments with Dick Strawbridge in Swindon had very odd sound, as if it was recorded with a stereo mike that had been panned slightly left and then had one leg reversed, giving an odd "extra-wide" sound-field. Quite a challenge to listen to (especially on headphones) for any length of time....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 16 01:48 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 297
B is for Book by Paul Ratcliffe
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:23:03 +0100, tony sayer wrote: Brian is a very highly respected poster No he isn't. He is just another whinging moany old **** with, as the previous poster said, a big chip to carry. He thinks the world owes him, just because he's blind. It doesn't. You really can be obnoxious sometimes can't you?.
July 15th 16 10:24 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
1 141
Deadline Gallipoli by pinnerite
I watched the last episode of the TV series tonight. In opening of one scene the label read 'Australian Embassy'. This was supposed to be in London. Countries where the HM The Queen is head of state are not represented here by embassies but by Commissions or Consulates as I have always understand it. It annoys me when I have to jump up and down in righteous indignation.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 16 09:30 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
18 316
Serious Italian train crash by Peter Crosland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36774059 -- Peter Crosland Reply address is valid
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 16 01:09 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 303
Retuning by Jonathan[_2_]
We have a Sony TV in our house and a Panasonic in a holiday let attached to our house. Recently the Panasonic has demanded a retune twice, with no such demand from the Sony or the HUMAX box attached to it. So far as I know both pick up the Sutton Coldfield signal. Can anyone explain what is going on? Thanks Jonathan
July 13th 16 01:12 PM
by Davey Go to last post
8 238
OT DAB on 202.xx mhz? by Brian-Gaff
I noticed this morning while idly tuning around on a scanner that there is a kind of orphaned off mpx on that frequency. All the others start up at 216Mhz so is this going to be seen by my old Pure set I wonder,and why the huge gap? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 16 05:19 PM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
13 279
Hi flying electric drones for tv transmission? by Brian-Gaff
I was listening to a bit of science news on a foreign shortwave station the other day when this little idea came up, they said it should be possible with solar cells and modern batteries to have a very high altitude aircraft with a transmitter on board that relays tv and radio over a huge area. This could be useful for the borders of war zones or after natural disasters etc. Myself I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 16 10:01 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
13 322
OK Freeview what have you done now. by Brian Gaff
I got up yesterday to find half my stations were all over the place and some vanished altogether. I did retune, most are now back but.. ch8 is still missing which was London Live the True crime channel has vanished Community is back again. Several new bbc radio stations have appeared, Essex, three counties, Surrey and Berks. All unfortunately in mono.
July 10th 16 04:29 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 162
Aerial Choice by Michael Chare[_5_]
What aerial would you use for the Llanddona transmitter if it was 20 miles away with line of sight? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 16 09:37 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
13 192