Post New Thread
Upgrade PVR or TV by Bill Ward[_2_]
Can a PVR, VCR or TV be upgraded by having a new tuner fitted? -- Bill.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 11th 16 09:19 AM
by alan_m Go to last post
22 318
Astrolabe or inclinometer? by Andrew Rowland[_2_]
Been to a couple of houses recently surrounded on all sides by tall trees. One in particular was very keen to get Sky and we spent some time looking for locations where a dish might be able to peer through a small gap in the foliage. I used an inclinometer app on my phone, but found it next to impossible to hold it steady at 23.1° while sighting along it to see if we were looking at sky or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 16 03:13 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
47 503
Sky News v BBC News by Bill Wright[_3_]
Sky had a still picture and a witness report of the M20 bridge collapse 25 minutes before the BBC showed anything. Sky also had video just a few minutes after the still picture. I wonder if people are now think of Sky rather than the BBC when they are a witness at a dramatic event. Hmm... Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 16 01:11 PM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
222 1,627
20" TV with Freeview HD? by David[_13_]
I'm looking for a TV for our motor home; the current Sony has suffered a plastic failure around the bracket mount at the back. If this is not easy to repair then it will be relegated to in house using the stand and replaced by new. I've looked up the specs and it was only 720p and DVB-T but we have had it a good few years. I'm looking for a replacement at around the same size (I think I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 16 02:40 PM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
10 354
Freeview channels shuffled again by Dave W
I just noticed in the current Radio Times that Dave Ja Vue is now 79 instead of last week's 84. So I did a rescan - some new channels popped up, but nothing of note. Most numbers are unaffected. -- Dave W
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 16 12:44 PM
by Davey Go to last post
15 389
Apps by Brian Gaff
Now that phones and tablets have re established the great idea of clients for making things easier to access, sorry they now call them apps,but still they are bespoke programs to access certain things or automate some tasks. So when will we see a universal client for windows that allows one to play all the channels content from their we sites with just the same interface? That should have...
September 6th 16 02:32 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 211
Very Interesting by Phi
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b065gxgj/scotlands-home-movies-09082015
September 5th 16 12:33 AM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
2 186
I thought it was the *British* Broadcasting Corporation! by The Other John[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37257138 Why is this 'breaking news' not in English? -- TOJ.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 4th 16 10:18 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
30 469
Help with TV please by Mr Pounder Esquire
A while ago we were given a Logic 22" LED TV. The guy who gave it to us said that it belong to his mother and it was not switching on. She bought a new one. I plugged it in and it worked fine. She did not want it back. The wife is not too good and has been watching this telly in bed. She goes to bed early :-( I watch very little telly. She insists that the power to the telly is turned off on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 4th 16 12:33 AM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
30 499
Static rain by Brian Gaff
A few days ago when we had that really very hot weather and a few half hearted attempts at rain. my scanning radio on mose vhf and uhf frequencies was producing ticking noises that got faster as the rain fell faster. I understand this is static rain but just what is discharging to what and if its that charged why do not we get lightening instead? I've often pondered this. Back in the old...
September 3rd 16 02:00 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 226
Just got round to it by Bill Wright[_3_]
I've just spent some time renaming files. The file names can have more than eight characters now, can't they? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 3rd 16 07:21 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
38 437
Hawes hidden by Bill Wright[_3_]
I watched the Country Bus programme tonight. It was very good. The bus went up Swaledale and then across Buttertubs to Hawes, and then further up Wensleydale. There was one mystery. All the way through Hawes the camera was on the driver, so apart from a few shop fronts whizzing past we didn't see Hawes at all. This seems very strange because the buildings around the market place are very...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 2nd 16 04:22 PM
by NY Go to last post
55 602
Are You Being Duped? by Graham.[_12_]
Why couldn't they have got authentic telephones? https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/DHs6L1 Mrs Slocome's is clearly a prop-man's mash-up. I thought Mr Granger's looked like something I had seen before, but the hookswitch would have to defy gravity. https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/DHs6L1
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 1st 16 12:53 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
28 438
Interesting Read by Phi
http://www.techhive.com/article/3112868/home-tech/why-your-home-theater-pc-still-cant-stream-4k-ultra-hd-video.html
August 31st 16 11:15 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 177
Marginal TV reception by Vir Campestris
We're 25 miles or so from the transmitter (Sandy). Near us there are some that are almost at out height - and with trees on them. We've had some problems with signal dropout - and my wife suspects it's on windy days. So it's probably the trees messing with the signal... Is there anything we can do short of building a mast ourselves, or taking a chainsaw to an entire hilltop? Andy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 30th 16 09:26 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
39 483
BBC Four HD on Freeview by Max Demian
Has anyone managed to tune into BBC Four HD on Freeview channel 106 since the Olympics? It's said to have 'moved' (I think back to COM7): my Sony TV, which usually updates itself, doesn't have a channel 106, but it does have CBeebies HD (which timeshares with BBC Four HD) on channel 124. I want to make sure it's really there before I attempt to retune my Humax Fox.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 27th 16 11:40 PM
by Davey Go to last post
41 885
The girl who says 'no' by Bill Wright[_3_]
Me: Have you got any four by four posts, but long ones, maybe three and a half metres? Girl in timber yard office (who has been needlessly obstructive on several previous occasions): No. Me: What's the longest you've got? Girl: We might have some ten foot. Not sure. Might only have eight foot. Me: Well can you cut me some longer ones? Girl: How can we make long ones from short ones? Me: I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 27th 16 07:30 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
103 797
DAB messing about again by Brian Gaff
What is it with stations on DAB they get a slot they last maybe a few months to a year, then suddenly vanish without any notice. Jack and Jack 2 seem to have done this. The former of these used to break the mould and play stuff from all sorts of artists, as they put it, we play what we want. Quit entertaining I found. Also of course more messing about on Freeview means that My 5 is now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 27th 16 06:55 PM
by pamela Go to last post
39 500
Someone talk me out of this madness by Graham.[_12_]
I've saw a 1949 vintage Cossor model 916 in an antiq^H^H^H^H^HJunk shop window and I am thinking of buying it as a restoration project. I have already downloaded the circuit, and some ideas for a generating 405 line pictures. It appears that Kat Manton off http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum did some work on this about 10 years ago and achieved what many thought was impossible; a PC based...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 16 07:48 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
12 345
Digiguide by [email protected]
I had the same problem, I can't even find them on the Apple App Store as I tried to reload the App. Has anyone got an answer please?
August 23rd 16 03:52 PM
by NY Go to last post
2 186
Post New Thread