Post New Thread
This content does not seem to be working by Phi
Halfway through Attenborough on the Great Barrie Reef on iPlayer through Browser, it just stops dead. Had near perfect streaming up to this point. I had to restart, but not from where I left off.
March 23rd 17 10:13 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 110
Freesat EPG and ch. 4 etc. by PeterC
All of the EPG is OK for 7 days except for Ch. 4, it's clones and some, I assume, associated channels. These are OK for 5 days only. Any idea why, please? It's a bit of a nuisance as I like to check what's on in a week's timeon each day. -- Peter. The gods will stay away whilst religions hold sway
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 17 08:57 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 214
TV system conversion by Bill Wright[_3_]
At the time when when I was a baby the only way was to point a camera at a screen. Results were unimpressive. By 1964 things had moved on and conversion was electronic. The equipment had 2,000 transistors and occupied two full height racks. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=5266568 I have just bought a gadget that converts TVI and AHD to HDMI, VGA, and CVBS. It handles 720p...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 22nd 17 01:36 PM
by NY Go to last post
40 439
serving the public by Bill Wright[_3_]
For many years I've used a particular butcher. I must have spent thousands in that shop. I believe in building up a relationship. Yesterday I asked for something I often buy: beef dripping (it makes fantastic roasties). "Don't keep it any more." "Why?" "Not many people wanted it." He shrugged and turned away. I was going to say, "Well I buy it," or something like that, but then I thought,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 21st 17 10:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
54 474
Weird channel anomaly by Pinnerite
My incoming aerial signal is amplified after it enters my loft. It feeds down through the first floor to the ground floor where it is fed into a socket on a TBS dual tuner card in a computer serving as an HTPC. This has an output socket from which a cable feeds a Samsung Smart TV sited above it.. Recently one of the channels on the TV said that CBS Drama had moved and to retune. We did,...
March 19th 17 04:13 PM
by pinnerite Go to last post
2 122
Redifuson switcher by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwoke4pvkwpetll/redif%2001.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8qt9kajhcs5k0c/redif%2002.jpg?dl=0 Wasn't there some discussion here about the old cable TV systems? Here are two pictures of the switch that they used to mount on the windowsill. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 17 02:22 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
13 215
get_iplayer cannot get metadata since 13th March (Monday afternoon) by Johnny B Good[_2_]
Hello group. I've not been able to update the index since Monday afternoon. Requesting the full TV listing (piped to a text file) reveals an index with less than 7000 entries, none later than about 2pm last Monday. If I try to force a list of *added* entries by looking for "channel patrol", it comes up empty. It looks like either something's screwed up my installation of get_iplayer...
March 17th 17 03:32 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 8
Please recommend a DTT PVR by fred[_3_]
My ageing mum has just moved house to no Sky (and box with record) - DTT only. Please recommend a PVR. I believe I saw one in Tesco at ~ 130. Simplicity of use (not masses of features) is paramount. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 16th 17 09:02 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
23 288
Upgrade on Humax You view box by Dean Jackson
How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being introduced to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list system. D.J.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 17 09:28 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
17 351
LLanddona Transmitter BBC Four? by Michael Chare[_5_]
Will the LLanddona transmitter ever be upgraded to transmit BBC Four HD. There is just CBBC HD. -- Michael Chare --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 17 06:22 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
29 601
SS:GB Pic wobble?. Episode 3 by tony sayer
Is it me or did anyone notice the picture waving about a bit from 3:55 mins in?. It was there on the live broadcast and now on iplayer too?. -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 17 10:36 AM
by Bob[_12_] Go to last post
11 371
Sky doing away with dishes?? by Brian Gaff
I was intrigued by a comment from an expert on one of these late night phone ins the other day about the great plan for Sky is to be completely internet based in a few years, thus no dish will be needed. Does this not in effect make them a cable company? If they do go this route, where would that leave freesat? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 10th 17 10:45 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
87 766
terrible confusion by Bill Wright[_3_]
The other day I had a vague thought about the switch from analogue to digital TV, and somehow in my mind it got confused with the switch from 405-VHF to 625-UHF. Oh dear. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 10th 17 03:17 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
20 450
Hybrid electric generators by Ian Jackson[_6_]
There's just been an item on the 10:30pm BBC 1 local news for London about using a hybrid generator to supply the electricity for the operations to demolish a Ford site in Dagenham. The hybrid generator uses diesel and electricity - so when it's running on electricity, it's using electricity to generate electricity. Are we approaching the time when efficiencies of more than 100% can be...
March 9th 17 11:49 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
6 185
Where has all the SW gone? by Benderthe.evilrobot
"David Woolley" wrote in message ... On 06/03/17 19:47, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote: I'd been giving half-arsed consideration to building a VHF airband set. Maybe a hetrodyne add-on I've retuned an old, fully analogue Band II portable onto the 2m band in the past, so it is definitely in the pulling range for analogue...
March 8th 17 08:49 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
0 123
Faking SCART pin-8 by Paul D.Smith[_2_]
I have a Nintendo Wii which does not drive the pin-8 select pin on a SCART. It's otherwise a standard RGB wired cable. Is there any simple way to fake/drive pin-8 using a SCART socket/plug plus a few components? Thanks, Paul DS.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 8th 17 04:20 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
13 488
humax freesat box fault? by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I have a humax 1010s freesat box and I have it set to display the time on the front. Every now and again the display will blank for a few minutes at a time. Is this a known "feature" or is it a bug? Is it updating whilst the display blanks? It is frustrating that I cannot see the clock during this time. I am not in front of the box all day, but it does it at least once every day whilst I...
March 7th 17 06:56 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 116
get_iplayer and FFMPEG travails in Linux Mint 17.1 (solved - ish) by Johnny B Good[_2_]
I suppose this *might* be better posted to a Linux group but I thought I might get more targeted advice here seeing as it's a rather technical digital TV issue. :-) About 6 or so months back, I decided to try to get_iplayer working so I could retrieve some of the off-air recordings that my Kaffeine based PVR scheduling had missed for one reason or another (occasionally an oversight on my...
March 5th 17 03:00 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
9 10
4K TVs by Michael Chare[_5_]
Many of the TVs in the shops are 4K, but how much 4K TV do the people who buy them watch? I have only found a few 4K programmes from the likes of Netflix. Is there any hope that BBC, ITV or C4 will start broadcasting 4K channels on satellite or the Internet? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 4th 17 07:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
27 398
Fed up with bells by Brian-Gaff
However I can see that a bell ringing channel is a serious omission from Freeview and this needs to be sorted straight away. Maybe it can share it with Morris Dancing train spotting and other similar things on a rolling basis. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 17 05:31 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
12 275