Post New Thread
hospital TV by Bill Wright[_2_]
How much would you pay to watch a picture like this? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/20120321775.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
52 987
Flexible oval conduit? any such thing and suitable straight couplers? by Stephen H
I'm doing first fix in a house that has plasterboards on thermalite blocks. I would like to use oval conduit between the TV/Satellite/Radio/Telephone/Network wall points up to the loft. This conduit would go in between the plasterboard and thermalite blocks. I will cut out access holes in the plasterboard to clear battens/noggins/dot'n'Dab patches etc, I have access to upstairs floorboards...
March 27th 12 10:45 AM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
1 238
BBC2 In orbit - how satellites rule our world by [email protected]
I started to watch this programme but had to give up after ten minutes or so, as the presenter, with her thoroughly irritating habit of pausing, at the most inopportune moments, just mana ged to **** me off.
March 26th 12 07:22 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
8 280
Crystal Palace digits by phil
None of the main muxes seem to be on this morning from CP, though some, like Pick TV and ITV3, are there. Analogue is OK. It's not the high pressure as there is 0% signal strength shown. I presume overnight work has overrun a bit. Phil
March 26th 12 12:58 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
4 213
UFO! by Graham.[_2_]
Well I can't identify it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/6858091680/in/photostream/lightbox/ Any ideas? I'm located in Prestwich, 3 miles North of Manchester, and the object is low in the SE so perhaps it's over Droylsden or Audenshaw. It was caring red strobe lights as well as the glow so these are CAA law abiding L.G.M.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 25th 12 11:54 PM
by Ian Go to last post
21 464
Diseqc switches by Andy Burns[_7_]
My previous satellite setup had a Smart Oxid quad LNB on 28.2E two of the LNB outputs fed a dual tuner DVB-S2 tuner in PC other two LNB outputs headed off to down to lounge via Blake starBox Recently I've added a Smart Oxid single LNB on 19.2E Initially I connected the new LNB's output direct to one of the tuner card inputs, I could scan for and receive all the expected channels from 19.2E
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 24th 12 03:41 PM
by John Legon Go to last post
37 1,371
Freeview HD Channel 4 planned outage by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just received from Humax: Freeview HD Channel 4 planned outage Dear Humax user, Channel 4 have scheduled a change to the transponder that carries C4 HD. The change will occur overnight on 27th March into early hours of
March 24th 12 01:53 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
5 274
Circumventing Patientline by Bill Wright[_2_]
At the risk of annoying JG I was wondering if anyone here has experience of any very small TV sets with built-in terrestrial digital. The ideal machine would also have some means of accepting and playing recorded programmes, possibly from a memory stick. It would need a headphone socket that would mute the speaker. I've had a bit of a look round but haven't seen anything very sparkling. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 23rd 12 10:21 PM
by David Woolley[_2_] Go to last post
127 1,566
Hotbird/Astra 19.2E Monobloc has lost Astra signal by Arthur Pye
The above happened a few weeks ago and I think resulted after a couple nights of low temperature, not from strong winds. This was professionally installed about 2 years ago. Hotbird signal is unaffected, which is what leads me to believe that the dish and LNB are still as installed, but I'm getting nothing from 19.2E. The dish is fairly easily accessible above a flat extension roof....
March 23rd 12 10:05 PM
by Arthur Pye Go to last post
2 442
Philipino TV by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone know of any free-to-air Philipino TV receivable in the UK? I was talking to a Philipino lass today and she said she'd love to have some telly from home, but can't afford a monthly subscription. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 12 09:20 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
18 464
Mendip Retune by Rick[_10_]
"Ian" wrote in message ... In message , MarkU writes.. Rick wrote: Today I had a message displayed on a bedroom TV (connected to a Grundig USB Freeview receiver tuned to Mendip) informing me
March 23rd 12 08:24 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
0 320
Analog Signals From 19.2E Stopping April 30th by Java Jive[_2_]
http://klar-digital.de/index_eng.php Does anyone know if it is possible to get English commentary on any of the FTA digital broadcasts? -- ========================================================= Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 22nd 12 07:09 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
34 1,113
Crystal Palace by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Anyone know if there is a problem with the CP digital TV signal? I have just retuned my Panasonic TV and Humax 9200T. My "local" transmitter is Midhurst, but I have always received CP as well - albeit with the infrequent bit of pixellation. But having just retuned, neither can get CP digital TV (the Panny can still receive the CP analogue signal, even on its reduced power). The signal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 22nd 12 09:46 AM
by Colum Mylod Go to last post
38 644
Dumbing down the digital question by Adrian C
Ye might find this useful, I've practiced it enough this week. I call it the minimal interaction of DSO pain method. Them: "I got a letter though the door, about digital TV. I'm dumb and read the daily mail. Do I need to go digital?" Me: "Do you have more than 5 channels on your TV?"
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 22nd 12 09:09 AM
by Richard[_6_] Go to last post
28 468
A few questions re cable etc by Peter[_6_]
I am about in a position to be able to start the re-wiring of my bunglaow, subject to the builder completeing his work. I will therefroe need to buy 1. 2 drums of CT100 or whatever the present day equivalent is. C an anyone please advise the manufacturer of a good qualuty cable and a source for same? 2 My property is line of sight of Kilvey, no more than 10 miles away. Again can anyone recomend...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 12 03:52 PM
by PeterC Go to last post
15 328
EPG half hour out by Scott[_2_]
The electronic programme guide is half an hour ahead of true time. I first noticed this yesterday and saw it again today. I assume this cannot be a problem with my equipment, so is it a local issue or a wider problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 21st 12 12:20 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
20 426
Good value HD set-top box by Victor Delta[_2_]
With the final stage of Rowridge DSO happening tomorrow, I am keen to be able to view the new HD channels on our HD-ready TV. In due course, I will replace our non-HD PVR but it still has plenty of life left in it at the moment. So I am looking for a good, cheapish, HD set-top box in the meantime. Can anyone recommend the best one please? Thanks,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
11 498
University Challenge by Richard Tobin
Anyone know why the BBC didn't show the scheduled program "University Challenge: the Story so Far" at 7pm? My TV recorded about 5 minutes of "Coast" before giving up. -- Richard
March 20th 12 10:10 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
8 212
Aerial upgrade completed by Scott[_2_]
I had my Group E aerial replaced with a Group B, which is now split to serve two television sets. I got the aerial for the kitchen set removed, which was pointing towards a relay transmitter. Now I have the full range of services in the kitchen. I assume I am much less likely to suffer 4G interference as the Group B aerial is supposed to drop off at channel 53, well below the 4G frequencies....
March 20th 12 03:29 PM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
4 158
Mendip re-tune by Bob[_10_]
There's a Freeview re-tune for Mendip on 28th March. I thought the DSO was done and dusted for Mendip? Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 20th 12 10:56 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
57 811