Post New Thread
Humax PVR9300T/500GB have I misunderstood something? by M[_4_]
I have just purchased this Humax as my first PVR. I am left feeling a bit disappointed! The interface is fairly horrible but I can learn to live with that. However I am struggling to understand how standby works. The remote has a very prominent On/Off or Standby button, however if the machine is placed in standby, the scheduled recordings are wiped and the EPG is lost. I had expected...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 12 11:37 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
14 2,296
Have they run out of valves? by Bill Wright[_2_]
No signal on 198kHz. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 21st 12 02:41 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
132 3,938
4G mobile signal could hit TV reception... by Jeff Layman[_2_]
In today's Daily mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2145566/4G-mobile-signal-hit-TV-reception-UK-warns-culture-minister.html Don't think it's anything which hasn't been mentioned here before, but is what is stated in the second paragraph accurate: "Culture Minister Ed Vaizey said an estimated 945,000 households which use signal amplifiers to boost their television reception could...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 20th 12 10:01 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
59 1,609
How to combine freesat & freeview distribution? by John Rumm
On 17/05/2012 20:10, wrote: (*) As the OP has gone for an octo LNB and cables he is probably aware of this rqeuirement but IMHO a multiswitch offers a neater solution. Only 4 cables from LNB to it and the abilty to combine and distribute FM/DAB/UHF/Sat all in the one box. OK - I think I've finally understood the difference between a quad and a quattro LNB. (a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 12 11:41 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
12 795
How to combine freesat & freeview distribution? by John Rumm
On 18/05/2012 19:37, wrote: I'm also seeing these f-plug/socket ganged earthing strips - and I don't understand why they're needed. Surely all the f-type connector share a common ground on the multiswitch box already? The are probably tied together electrically, but there is a fair chance they are not actually earthed. This takes on particular importance where a...
May 20th 12 04:36 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 168
OT Has w7 slowed down recently by Gary[_4_]
Just wondering. My w7 32 bit has got really slow over the last few weeks . Anybody else having this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 12 05:55 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
196 2,710
Silly place to build a nest by Mark Carver
Daft bird ! http://www.markyboy.net/misc/yaginest1.JPG http://www.markyboy.net/misc/yaginest2.JPG http://www.markyboy.net/misc/yaginest3.JPG (Each shot is about 2 megs)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 19th 12 02:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
24 566
SRD detection? by Steve Thackery[_2_]
You guys have been kind enough to advise me in the thread "Best length of wire?", and the issues of SRDs interfering with each other (ooo-er) has come to light. An obvious need has come to mind: I need a simple device that will indicate the presence of transmissions at 433.92MHz. Thus I can see how noisy or quiet my RF environment is. I might spend ages fiddling with the aerials,...
May 19th 12 12:27 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
4 235
How to combine freesat & freeview distribution? by fred
Re-crossed to uk.tech.digital-tv , huge depth of experience on this important bit the In article , writes OK multiswitch is the way to go. What Brand? (I will go for a 5x16 - and makes all 8 outlets twin-sat)
May 18th 12 08:34 PM
by fred Go to last post
0 336
Freeview: Missing Channel 28 by Maurice Batey[_2_]
We've got 3 Freeview boxes in the house, of which one (Thomson DTI 1000) cannot pick up Channel 28 (E4). They are all connected to the same TV aerial, via a signal booster kit. With the Thomson I have tried a full re-tune, an 'add' re-tune, and a Manual Tune of Channel 28. but it simply can't find it. If I use the 'next channel' button repeatedly it skips from Channel 27 to 29 (the latter...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 12 04:32 PM
by Maurice Batey[_2_] Go to last post
18 967
itv1 programme numbers (series record) by Dickie mint
Sundays, itv1HD "Vera" is set to series record on my Humax Foxsat HDR. This week's was pulled for some reason, and "Lewis" put out in it's slot. Lo & behold on playing "Vera" back it was this "Lewis". That suggests that either itv are being sloppy, or they've decided that it's the slot that gets the same number not the programme. Haven't read the ETSI or whatever on series record, but I was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 12 01:01 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
17 439
Windows Media Center crash after W7 update by Roger Mills[_2_]
I installed some 'important updates' to W7 (32 bit) last night, and now WMC - or rather the whole PC - crashes when I try to watch live TV via my USB-based Freeview tuner. It will run for a minute or so, and then stops dead. The picture freezes and a distorted sound loop about a second long keeps repeating relentlessly. The whole laptop freezes, and doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 12 06:50 PM
by CJB Go to last post
16 427
comments invited by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/photo.JPG Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 16th 12 06:45 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
18 461
Digital Postcode Checker Down? by Java Jive[_2_]
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch I'm getting ... "Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, and
May 16th 12 06:24 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 249
OK lets try that again.. by Brian Gaff
test pop click slither. Brian -- Brian Gaff - Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff' in the display name may be lost. Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 16th 12 08:06 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
35 639
How to do a backup W7 by Gary[_4_]
On 14/05/2012 19:22, Steve Terry wrote: Gary wrote: OK now I want to do a backup. I have copies of the drives on my machine. but I want to do a backup of the C drive. I have just looked at the help file for W7 and it says it won't backup the system files or program files. ( I might have read that wrong) . do I need software to do a full backup? or have I got it wrong. If I ...
May 15th 12 02:36 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
0 135
Aldi Sunday Special by David
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_24551.htm?WT.mc_id=2012-05-11-13-44 HD do they mean Hard Drive or High Definition? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 12th 12 10:10 PM
by Silk Go to last post
10 725
German channels on freeview by Andy Burns[_7_]
My freeview (no DVB-T2, internet or MPEG4) TV has picked up various German channels that I'd expect to only be on 19.2E satellite N24/ProSiebel/ZDF/Tele5/KabelEins that sort of thing, they all show "no signal" if I tune them Are these channels being made available on one of the streaming services for internet connected TVs, or did my TV briefly pick up a German mux during its overnight...
May 12th 12 08:26 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
9 2,345
how is the new teletext sent? by Brian Gaff
By which I mean, are there actually text characters sent, or is the screen that is displayed sent like a static piece of video? The reason I ask this is that there are now quite a few boxes and tvs that talk and these can talk the progrm guide and to some extent the program details etc, but not it appears pages of teletext. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc:...
May 12th 12 03:09 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 272
please ignore setting up by Brian Gaff
a different server.. Brian -- Brian Gaff - Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff' in the display name may be lost. Blind user, so no pictures please! This document should only be read by those persons for whom Paranoia is normal
May 11th 12 08:36 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 166
Post New Thread