Post New Thread
TOT Musical interlude by Bob[_10_]
....and now for something completely different... http://www.bitoffun.com/video_vault/sexy-talent-amy-g.htm
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 11th 12 07:05 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
14 339
Cable Ugrade Query by Ian
I'm looking at swapping the cheap cable on my daughter's sky dish. The signal strength was around 60%, and I've noticed that the cable is thinner than the cable I've used on my own system which is at 100%. I had some success with re-cutting the connections, but the centre core is prone to snapping off. At one point the signal strength on one input was 100%, so I took it off to check the...
April 11th 12 04:47 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
7 207
Mythtv 0.25 released. by news.plus.net
Hi folks, Mythtv has now reached 0.25 as a stable release. There are a lot of changes in it this time so you really need to read up before you upgrade, particularly with regards to Video code support. If you are feeling brave you can compile your own Mythtv system or wait for the binary repos to catchup. Rob.
April 11th 12 03:33 PM
by Andy Burns[_7_] Go to last post
5 169
Analogue Through Rose Tints by Silk
Now that analogue TV is finally coming to an end, I'm surprised to see people commenting on what a great loss it is and how superior it is/was to digital. Let's look at the evidence: Anaglogue: 4:3 aspect ratio only; Very annoying and obvious PAL artifacts; Susceptble to noise and ghosting in all but perfect signal areas; inefficient use of bandwidth; etc.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
129 2,132
No more analogue BBC2 by Max Demian
"Ar" wrote in message ... In the gradual roll out of fleaview, the largest TV region, London, has just switched off BBC2 analogue, and moved ITV1 into it's frequency...... so pressing 2 gets you ITV, and 3 gets you static snow. Why snow, when the vacated channel (UHF23) now carries the digital PSB1? I would have thought it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 11th 12 08:51 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
33 646
scamming of traders by Bill Wright[_2_]
Got this from Keith down the road: Got a letter from industry and commerce register of business information - looks quite official - got to fill it in send it back Small print if I do so they will charge me 997 euros plus vat Think that's one for the shredder !!! Bill
April 11th 12 08:25 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 182
Proof at last by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/Daily%20Mirror.jpg Proof-- -- that the media is Londoncentric -- that journos write a load of arse -- that Londoners are far more stupid than the rest of us (the bit of the article marked in red).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 12 05:10 PM
by charles Go to last post
26 465
Where is that fuse? by Doug Sewell
There is supposed to be an onboard fuse on the power board of the Humax F2FOXT but can I find it -- NO. Changed all the capacitors but still no power on. Can anyone let me know where the fuse is. Thanks Doug
April 10th 12 03:27 PM
by Doug Sewell Go to last post
1 298
Humax F2FOXT dead? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
A friend has a Humax F2FOXT. After a power cut last week he's finding that he can't apparently switch it on. Plugging in power means he gets "pass through" on the aerial but that's all. Is this a common problem or has it possibly been fried? I've suggested he tries the "pull aerial then power up" trick and also tries to reload the firmware from a PC but perhaps there is some other trick I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 12 03:24 PM
by Doug Sewell Go to last post
29 2,190
TV Background noise (Music louder that the speech) problem, by Mick.
TV Background noise (Music louder that the speech) problem, Annette Crosbie speaks about this on page 15 of the Mails Weekend magazine of 7th April 2012. Thank you Annette for bringing to programme controller's attention this very
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 10th 12 12:14 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
45 1,723
Samsung TVs updated to death? by gordon
On Thursday pm, I switched on my UE40D7000 (from standby) and it reported an error updating itself (that would be over the internet), and then switched off (back to standby). And since then it stays on for only about 20 seconds every time. John Lewis service centre claimed they had had dozens of calls from Samsung owners (Smart Hub models I'm guessing?). Has anyone heard anything about this -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 8th 12 04:58 PM
by Gio Go to last post
24 2,672
More u yore memories by Brian Gaff
The biggest place for subscribers to the wired system was Wales, as tv signals did not go far in them hills. However it was also a good or bad place, depending on hour take on them, for thunderstorms. One of my jobs was to sort through the returns from these places and suggest scrap or repair etc for the pcbs. I was truly amazed at the damage you got on the input circuits of these cabled...
April 8th 12 04:22 PM
by Silk Go to last post
3 186
CP DSO The story so far! by J. P. Gilliver (John)
In message , Ashley Booth writes: Here are spectra of the CP TX during DSO1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/snglinks/sets/72157629753754943/ Thanks for those! For me, the last one - which from the thumbnail looks to be some text - never loads.
April 8th 12 04:12 PM
by J. P. Gilliver (John) Go to last post
2 119
CP DSO The story so far! by Andy Burns[_7_]
Ashley Booth wrote: http://www.flickr.com/photos/snglinks/sets/72157629753754943/ "You must be signed in to see this content"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 12 08:07 AM
by Ashley[_2_] Go to last post
10 263
BBC-2 English Regions by J G Miller[_3_]
Has the last regional program been broadcast on a BBC-2 English region, and if so which was the last one? Or could there still be a regional program shown on BBC-2 North East before the digital transition in September 2012?
April 7th 12 11:02 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
9 268
(no subject) by Bill Wright[_2_]
Randy Yates wrote: "Johny B Good" writes: On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:28:20 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , wrote: n Britain one may readily obtain a "site transformer" which will
April 7th 12 04:37 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
1 118
OT. Dronning Noise in a house. by David
Interesting story in my local paper today. http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/9618754.___Droning_noise_drove_me_out_of_my_Eccleshill_home___/ Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
36 1,107
Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems by Randy Yates
"Johny B Good" writes: On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:28:20 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , wrote: n Britain one may readily obtain a "site transformer" which will give what is advertised as 110 volt balanced power. I haven't been
April 7th 12 12:23 PM
by Robert Macy Go to last post
3 227
Grundig Lenaro by TonyB
Hi, As a newbie I hope I'm not asking something that has been discussed before. I have a 32" Grundig Lenaro which freezes since the digital switchover. I understand it's something to do with the new signal and not technically Grundig's fault, but does anyone know how to deal with it? I've had to retune and cut a load of channels off the list just to stop it freezing up which is obviously...
April 7th 12 10:40 AM
by TonyB Go to last post
6 807
CP DSO The story so far! by Brian Gaff
Why is it that at present lots of the stations say, no information available and program guides have big holes in them. I suspect this is due to the duplicates above 800. Brian -- Brian Gaff - Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff' in the display name may be lost. Blind user, so no pictures please!
April 7th 12 10:20 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
2 159
Post New Thread