Post New Thread
Youview trial box by [email protected]
I got mine today and its working well but apparently I'm not supposed to talk about it..so I wont
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 3rd 12 08:19 PM
by Alan[_4_] Go to last post
30 1,358
Digital HD aerials by David WE Roberts[_3_]
O.K. - now you are reading this, deep breaths :-) As championed so badly by the Daily Wail IIUC there are potential issues with interference from signals above Channel 60 due to bandwidth reallocation. Now in the last few years nearly all your newly installed "Digital HD Aerials" have been glossy wideband toastracks, and getting a sensibly banded aerial (e.g. Band B or Band E) has been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 3rd 12 07:45 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
24 723
5+1... Electricity falls out of the wall socket. by Rick[_10_]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11815200/wright%20stuff.mp4
July 3rd 12 02:54 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
6 280
Has Astra 1N transponder 56 been vacated -- Where has ITV-1 HDGranada gone? by J G Miller[_3_]
KingofSat and Lyngsat reported on June 22nd (I think) 2012 that STV HD West vacated Astra 1N transponder 56 10,936 MHz Vertical This afternoon I see no "signal quality" at all for this transponder. Has ITV-1 HD Granada also gone, thus leaving an empty transponder, and if so where, and where has STV HD West gone? In other news, the HD versions of the BBC Olympic streams have now appeared as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 2nd 12 09:04 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
26 671
Arse; who let the smoke out? by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
Plugging in a TV that was last used in 2006 (and was fine) it ran OK for about two minutes, crackle, arc, smoke - plug out pronto. Bugger, must've got damp, (although the room was well ventilated) and /or a couple of caps went off. Narsty, narsty smoke - stinks, and clings to everything.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 2nd 12 03:23 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
18 349
The Charge of the LTE Brigade by Graham.[_2_]
The Charge of the LTE Brigade (With apologies to ALT) Hardly enough, hardly enough, Hardly enough guard band, O'er the digital cliff Rode the Freeview thousands. TETRA to the left of them, 4G to the right of them, Vested interest in front of them,
July 1st 12 05:59 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
0 130
[OT] Are you a 'non-human connection'? by Max Demian
We've got used to sign-ups with captchas, but here is a news website that requires one before you can even visit it: http://www.montrosepress.com/ It says, "This connection appears to be a non-human connection, please solve the challenge below to continue." I don't know what's on the website, as I don't want to be insulted. -- Max Demian
June 30th 12 08:11 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 197
where can i get Sony pcb components? by blackhead
I'm trying to find a supplier of a relay that I took out of a Sony TV. The part is "dls1u-5vdc" relay but I can't find a distributor in the UK! Aaaaahhhh! Anyone have an idea who in the UK might supply this component? cheers in advance.
June 28th 12 02:35 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
4 288
TVonics by David WE Roberts[_3_]
http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/27/administrator_looking_to_sell_off_tvonics_kit/ Looked back but couldn't see a mention of this. Gone bust (again). -- No plan survives contact with the enemy.
June 28th 12 10:29 AM
by David WE Roberts[_3_] Go to last post
3 198
Humax 9200 by Pops[_2_]
I have gradually lost the time display in standby mode and with no time my preset recordings do not start. This problem started intermittently, got worse and now timer is lost. Time is there when actively on and preset recordings start, but I do not want to leave the box permanently on. Have reformatted and reset to defaults. Does anyone know a fix?
June 27th 12 10:36 PM
by Pops[_2_] Go to last post
3 443
Electricity falls out of the wall socket by Rick[_10_]
Recorded on Five Plus One... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11815200/wright%20stuff.mp4
June 26th 12 11:19 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
0 125
Half choice Freeview transmitters by David
Last week was on holiday in Ramsbottom, Lancashire in my caravan and found that this town only receives from a relay with only about half the Freeview programs. To me it is a large populated area and the people there are being cheated as like the rest of us pay the taxes etc. I had thought the half program transmitters would be in small low populated areas way out in the country...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 26th 12 10:50 PM
by Steve Hayes[_2_] Go to last post
128 2,624
BBC Olympics by Brian Gaff
I see a freeview channel called this has popped up. I suppose it would be too much to expect that all their coverage will be on this channel leaving the normal ones alone for normal stuff? Brian -- -- From the sofa of Brian Gaff -
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 26th 12 08:36 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
97 2,110
On the subject of spectacles by David WE Roberts[_3_]
Oh my Gawd, nurse, I told you to remove his SPECTACLES!!!!! Moving swiftly on...... On my Panasonic 42" plasma from across the room I can't see much difference on live broadcasts such as the football bewteen HD and SD on sattellite. Equally, the picture over SCART from my Virgin SD box looks pretty good for the same programmes, with no real earth shattering difference in the general picture.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 25th 12 08:55 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
31 642
Sky+ Box by Geoff Pearson
My mother-in-law has a basic Sky box and pays 24.50 for the Entertainment Extra package. As each box fails, I buy a new one on eBay for 20. I am about to buy the next one to have in stock. If I buy a Sky+ box will she be able to record on it - if we can overcome being 83 and not too good with technology? Do I just move the card as usual or is there some ritual with Sky? Geoff
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 25th 12 08:12 PM
by airsmoothed Go to last post
15 412
Lock ups on freeview receivers by Brian Gaff
Just what is it that causes digital receivers and boxes to suddenly lock up? I have a feeling it could be rubbish on the mains, but its so erratic that its hard to tell. Has wnyone ever done any research into it. The classic I find is that when you come to change anything on the remote, it fails to work, but generally the current station continues with no problems excpet maybe subtitles or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 25th 12 03:17 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
76 1,192
Who says BBC branded TV channels do not carry advertisements forcommercial producs? by J G Miller[_3_]
The BBC branded (so presumably licence fee funded) TV channel -- BBC Olympics -- is currently carrying a looping advertisement for Sky Sports subscriptions. Tis nice to see a BBC station promoting Uncle Rupert's commercial services from licence fee funded stations.
June 24th 12 06:18 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
6 275
Oh the temptation by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpNxlOSfkf0
June 23rd 12 01:04 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
6 231
Oh dear ! by Mark Carver
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?pf_id=8602&showtab=3 -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply. www.paras.org.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 22nd 12 03:00 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
24 713
theological conversation in a plant room by Bill Wright[_2_]
"The God Channel won't work. Keeps breaking up." "I'll check the signal... Yeah, that mux is fine." "What shall I do?" "Use a different receiver." "I'll try the Muslim Channel one, just to make sure it is the box." "Of course it's the box." "I'll try it anyway." "Oh ye of little faith!" "Oh, that's all right! God Channel's fine on the Muslim box." "Solved yer problem then."
June 22nd 12 01:42 PM
by PeterC Go to last post
7 286
Post New Thread