Post New Thread
Another Digital UK/Ofcom Discrepancy - Whitehawk Hill by Java Jive[_2_]
Brighton Whitehawk Hill The latest Meridian documentation ... http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/broadcast/guidance/tech-guidance/Meridian.pdf .... and the DSO Stage 1 description in the 1MO trade publication ... http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/transmitternetwork/tools__and__resources/almanac/installer_newsletters_transmitter_groups2009_pdfs/Meridian_A_RowridgeWhitehawkHill_1MO_FINAL.pdf .......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 4th 12 11:05 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
10 332
4G filters by Scott[_2_]
You may be interested to know that FrequencyCast 73 covers 4G filters http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/latest.html No personal connection. This is just to anyone know who is interested. Scott
March 3rd 12 11:31 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
2 217
keep soldering on by Bill Wright[_2_]
Didn't we discuss the soldering of aluminium a while back? I think it was here. Anyway I bought some aluminium solder as a result and found that it worked, although it was a bit tricky to use. Anyway, the other day our kettle started leaking from the bottom of the spout. It's a chromed steel thing. Just for a laugh I thought I'd try to solder it. I ground the chrome surface off (if it was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 2nd 12 10:41 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
39 606
fault report just in by Bill Wright[_2_]
"she says her box goes all frozen when its raining." Bill
March 2nd 12 05:25 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
4 167
180M for 4G Interference solution ... by Terry Casey[_2_]
See link: http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2012/02/22/180m-to-fund-4g-tv- interference-solutions/ or http://tinyurl.com/86erlnp --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 1st 12 05:57 PM
by James[_6_] Go to last post
80 1,378
Help Scheme too helpful. by UnsteadyKen[_2_]
I'm in sheltered housing land in Corby http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corby and we have an excellent communal aerial system feeding TV, radio and satellite to each flat. We have completed DSO earlier this year. My neighbour May; in her 80's and is rather technically challenged has a TV in her living room and bedroom, both LCD with integrated Freeview and bedroom one (An Asda? special) also has...
March 1st 12 04:44 PM
by Dave Saville[_2_] Go to last post
8 919
TOT mysterious turbine behaviour by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have reported on a previous occasion that one of our four visible turbines was going backwards. There have been developments. For a week turbine D has been stationary, presumably broken. This morning, early, that one was turning the opposite way to the others. I could see all the nacelles so I know they were all facing the same way. I wonder if, when the blades are feathered for 'no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 29th 12 01:30 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
25 453
Well, I'd buy it ! by Mark Carver
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106738/For-sale-idyllic-rural-home-superb-country-coastal-views-estate-agent-didnt-mention-350ft-TV-mast-substation.html -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply. www.paras.org.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 29th 12 09:09 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
41 683
Mis-sold cable? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Just came across a blind resident who told me he was sold cable TV on the grounds that it was the only way to get audio description. Bill
February 29th 12 03:27 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 183
TOT Embargo on news of Asian gang rapes lifted at last by Bill Wright[_2_]
The Liverpool Crown Court case re the 47 Asian men who have allegedly been grooming under age white girls was reported tonight on the BBC1 news, both national and local (NW Tonight). About time. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 29th 12 02:13 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
46 940
Dodgy signal quality PSB2 Emley? by Syd
On our kitchen TV we have variable signal quality on PSB2 (Emley), it is generally around 82-85% but drops suddenly to zero then back up with the inevitable picture break up, strength is 60%. We also have a freeview hd sony set fed from rf1 of a sky hd box which reports 100% strength and quality and is unaffected, rf2 feeds 3 other sets via a Global amp under the floor. I can see variations...
February 28th 12 08:28 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
9 397
Fault report by Bill Wright[_2_]
Here is a fault report, reproduced in full: everytime traffic goes passed it freeses Bill
February 28th 12 03:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 172
Is this unusual post DSO by Daniallo[_3_]
Did a retune of my Windows Media Center yesterday, which as I've documented before gets in a pickle with 167khz offsets. This time on the 2 SD PSB muxes it picked up signals from Belmont, verified by the stored frequency, bearing in mind I'm on Nottingham VP & Belmont is about 120 clockwise away HP. CD
February 28th 12 12:32 PM
by Daniallo[_3_] Go to last post
0 129
FreeView STB problem. by Dave Plowman (News)
I've got a fairly old Philips DTR 100 FreeView box built into a rack in the workshop. Just recently when powering up it shows no signal. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and you get a blocky picture. After half an hour or so it comes good. I'd rather not leave it on standby as the PS gets pretty hot. Anywhere else I'd just replace it - but the amount of panel work needed for a different size one...
February 28th 12 09:32 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 241
Wanted: software for usb dvbt/dab/fm stick by marc
Especially this one: http://www.climaxdigital.co.uk/epages/BT3449.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3449/Products/111160 I have one, based on the realtek chip, and this one should be the same. What software can play with FM & DAB/DAB+?? Thanks, Marc
February 27th 12 06:22 PM
by marc Go to last post
0 288
Recording and outputting .. by T i m
Hi all, Earlier today I was transferring some old train videos I was given into something (probably DVD) so my two BIL's could watch them easily. So, I played them on my old Panasonic VCR whilst recording them on the Lite-On LVW-5026B HDD/DVD recorder. I just tried to play them back and whilst the video is fine (well, for a given take on ''fine' as these were old videos etc g), there is no
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 12 03:37 PM
by T i m Go to last post
19 363
Freeview channel 45 gone by Keith
Until Monday evening I could get channels 42 and 45. Come Wednesday, channel 45 disappeared, which means I have lost BBC 1-4, Yesterday, Dave and a bunch of other TV stations. Channel 42 does not find these "missing" stations. Location: Wokingham, Berks. Could this be down to aerial alignment? My knowledge/expertise here is limited to using the menu options "DVB" and "auto/manual" for tuning...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 12 01:46 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
43 1,318
Lots Of Jitter On BBC4: "The Singing Detective" by Java Jive[_2_]
Absolutely ruining my recording of this episode, what's going on? Is anyone else seeing this? -- ========================================================= Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html http://www.macfh.co.uk/Macfarlane/Macfarlane.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 26th 12 09:32 PM
by David Paste[_2_] Go to last post
27 528
iPlayer and local radio by Bill Wright[_2_]
There was an item on 'Feedback' today about the distorted sound when local radio is played through iPlayer. Apparently the BBC knows what the fault is but can't get the parts! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 26th 12 07:34 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 359
TOT Micro$oft updates by Bob[_9_]
I just switched my Windows 7 computer on (last used last night) and got 13943 updates. Is this a tad excessive? Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 26th 12 02:50 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
29 464