Post New Thread
The trial in Oslo on 24 hour News Channels. by Charles Ellson
On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:51:10 +0000 (UTC), wrote: On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:33:09 +0100 "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote: In article , wrote: Why they're even bothering to go through the motions of a trial is beyond me.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 12 08:53 PM
by Charles Ellson Go to last post
17 474
Sandy Heath by Fred
I believe all nearby DSOs are now done. So why do we have to wait months for high power on the COM multiplexes? No prob on the main TV, but the kitchen, etc could use the high power. Also a channel change. Strangely the channel to go was an original Sandy analog channel. Maybe a final tidying up ?
April 24th 12 02:15 PM
by Huge Go to last post
6 251
Sony Crystal LED by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Just kicking off a new thread from something that got mentioned elsewhere... I've long wondered why it wasn't possible to make a TV or computer display using LED pixels. It is a very obvious idea, and would seem to be the perfect display technology. For some reason that isn't clear to me, *organic* LEDs are feasible in this role, but traditional semiconductor LEDs aren't.
April 24th 12 07:38 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
7 588
OT Happy Birthday to ZX Spectrum. by Brian Gaff
Friday, April 23th 1982 - At a press conference at the Churchill Hotel, Clive Sinclair revealed to the world his new personal computer, the ZX Spectrum. The rest is history! Happy 30th birthday anniversary, Speccy! My birthday present is a video (follow link) for you guys to enjoy! http://youtu.be/Kh4hkIyjdNE Sinclair ZX Spectrum
April 24th 12 07:10 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 279
5th DTT HD slot to be used for Olympics by Mark Carver
Looks as if the as yet 'unsold' 5th HD DTT slot will carry an HD simulcast of Ch 301 during the Olympics http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/17762074 -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 23rd 12 08:51 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
19 534
Quick Sky Freesat query by David WE Roberts[_3_]
To get the branded Freesat from Sky service you apparently need to cough 25 for a card. According to Sky. Now I have the chance of an old Sky box - is there an easy way to get Freesat without giving Sky money? Google is not initially being helpful. Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 22nd 12 11:47 PM
by S Viemeister[_2_] Go to last post
155 2,365
Fuzzzy maths? by Davey
There is some cosmetic advert I see, which includes the claims that "98% of 225 women...." and later "97% of 225 women...". A quick calculation shows that they have must have been questioning a half woman and a quarter woman to produce these figures. Who are these half-wits? -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 12 05:47 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 425
Co-ax aerial cables coming down a wall. by David
About to get house re cement rendered and pebbled dashed. The co-ax down leads are on top of existing pebble dash, would it be a good or bad idea to fix the cables to the brick when exposed and render/pebble dash over them? Regards David
April 22nd 12 02:24 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
9 528
internet speed by Allan[_2_]
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... At the risk of annoying Mr Miller, could I ask for some information please? Is there an internet speed tester that gives an idea of which frequencies if any have interference and consequently poor s/n ratios? Or any other way of finding this out? Bill Assuming you mean frequencies and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 12 02:45 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
15 473
Ansaphone message verbatim by Bill Wright[_2_]
Hello Bill, it's Joyce, you know, from the kennels. Look, we've got something wrong with our televisions. It's been doing it for ages, and Harry's pal from the darts says it's low pressure. It's when we've got low pressure. Can you came and, well, you know, I don't know, err, pump the pressure up a bit or something? You'll know what to do I expect. Give me ring when you get in love would...
April 21st 12 11:42 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
5 197
Digital Switchover + Ariel by species8350
I posted the messge below into the wrong group. I am reposing here to see if there are other views. I use analogue TV, but will soon lose the channels. The reception for digital is not good with my existing arial Is there a quick way for me to increase the gain of my current arial
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 12 09:08 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
235 3,798
Freesat HD from Tesco by David
Sounds good value particularly if you remove your existing dish should you have one. http://www.tesco.com/direct/manhattan-freesat-hd-install-bundle/731-1041.prd Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 21st 12 10:23 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 1,378
amp for kitchen by Gary[_4_]
My TV in the kitchen has no sound so I use a Tandy 5 watt x 2 free standing stereo amp with 3 inputs. . It is about 15 years old and has developed a fault. Any one know of a similar amp. I have looked at the main web sites for currys etc but i appear nothing like it is sold nowadays. Thanks Gary
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 20th 12 07:00 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
21 671
Were any Southpark episodes banned? by Ian Field
The freeview channel showing Southpark is "going round the clock" but I've not seen a lot of episodes I've heard about.
April 20th 12 06:29 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 252
Only BBC stations breaking up by john east[_3_]
In north west london(mill hill/finchley central)for the last few days all our BBC television station's reception is breaking up, whilst all other tv stations are coming in fine. Today at 0750hr on 'retune day' have retuned humax digital receiver and all BBC stations are still hopeless, whilst the other stations are fine. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 20th 12 11:05 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
37 1,398
CP lights. by Phil Cook
They were playing with the lights the other night. The lattice tower lit up with white led lights and faded a few times while I could be bothered to watch and a search light beaming out from mid height. -- Phil Cook
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 20th 12 10:46 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
36 657
Digital Freeview why all of us to rescan tomorrow? by David
Been getting adverts that tomorrow we will have no Freeview TV unless we rescan, we are in the North and thought all had been in switch over. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 12 07:25 AM
by John Legon Go to last post
11 419
Line powered distribution amp by Ray[_5_]
My parents currently have a single TV in their lounge connected via a power supply to a mast head amp and aerial. They now wish to put a TV in the bedroom of their bungalow and wanted to put a splitter in the loft to feed it. I am not sure that their signal is strong enough to be split with a passive splitter so was thinking of a two-way distribution amp in the loft. There isn't a convenient...
April 19th 12 07:34 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
5 273
Humax Foxsat HDR: Schedule puzzle after req 'record series' "The Bridge" (Sat BBC4) by Maurice Batey[_2_]
Just found an odd thing in the Humax Foxsat HDR's Schedule. Wanting to record the whole of the dual-episode BBC4 thriller "The Bridge" (starting on Saturday), I used the EPG to request 'Series Record' on BBC HD. However, loking in the Schedule, I noticed the given times were 21:00-22:00, i.e. the 1st of the twin episodes on Saturday. So I used the EPG to get to the 2nd episode...
April 19th 12 03:23 PM
by Ian Go to last post
5 297
dso cp by Gary[_4_]
00.45 Just checked and the TV has gone DSO. No normal TV any more just digital. You lot probably understand, but I feel a little sad. RIP Analogue TV. I remember 405 then 625 then colour, then teletext NICAM and even PAL+. the excitment of getting weak chanels out of region. The thrill of the new developments like Laservision CED. I had a SVCR and worked on the Philips VCR. the new kid on...
April 19th 12 01:25 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
6 206
Post New Thread