Post New Thread
Retuning by Jonathan[_2_]
We have a Sony TV in our house and a Panasonic in a holiday let attached to our house. Recently the Panasonic has demanded a retune twice, with no such demand from the Sony or the HUMAX box attached to it. So far as I know both pick up the Sutton Coldfield signal. Can anyone explain what is going on? Thanks Jonathan
July 13th 16 01:12 PM
by Davey Go to last post
8 218
OT DAB on 202.xx mhz? by Brian-Gaff
I noticed this morning while idly tuning around on a scanner that there is a kind of orphaned off mpx on that frequency. All the others start up at 216Mhz so is this going to be seen by my old Pure set I wonder,and why the huge gap? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 16 05:19 PM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
13 243
Hi flying electric drones for tv transmission? by Brian-Gaff
I was listening to a bit of science news on a foreign shortwave station the other day when this little idea came up, they said it should be possible with solar cells and modern batteries to have a very high altitude aircraft with a transmitter on board that relays tv and radio over a huge area. This could be useful for the borders of war zones or after natural disasters etc. Myself I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 16 10:01 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
13 277
OK Freeview what have you done now. by Brian Gaff
I got up yesterday to find half my stations were all over the place and some vanished altogether. I did retune, most are now back but.. ch8 is still missing which was London Live the True crime channel has vanished Community is back again. Several new bbc radio stations have appeared, Essex, three counties, Surrey and Berks. All unfortunately in mono.
July 10th 16 04:29 PM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
3 144
Aerial Choice by Michael Chare[_5_]
What aerial would you use for the Llanddona transmitter if it was 20 miles away with line of sight? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 16 09:37 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
13 170
iPlayer and iPlayer app by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I forgot to record the Adele bit of Glastonbury, so thought I'd pick it up on BBC iPlayer. Delving though the iPlayer website on my laptop, I came across a specific section of Glastonbury which showed the Adele session. Fine. So back to the TV, and fire up the iPlayer app. It has numerous sessions, but none of Adele alone. Odd. We have a quick look at the 2-hour programme showing highlights...
July 7th 16 04:51 PM
by Me Go to last post
7 221
Extra mast at Blackhill? by Scott[_2_]
I was cycling near the main Blackhill and Kirk o'Shotts transmitters this afternoon when I noticed a fourth mast. This is in addition to the original BBC mast, original ITA mast and the new 'digital' mast. Any ideas what this for and why it is needed when there are two substantial masts no longer used for television transmissions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 16 10:00 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
17 311
PVR Choice by Chris J Dixon
Once more I am sorting out my increasingly temperamental Humax 9200T, and am looking at moving on to the next generation. Last time I asked, I decided to stick with it, but I think the time has now come. It seems that many consider that the latest equipment lacks some of the more useful functions of the older designs. If I list a few simple desires:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 5th 16 07:46 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
60 631
The break up of the UK. by Brian Gaff
Bristol declares UDI? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 3rd 16 04:47 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
145 903
OT-ish: Should I upgrade my DAB radio to DAB+ ? by Roger Mills[_2_]
Had an email from Pure today, inviting me to apply a free upgrade to my One Elite Series II radio. I'm trying to decide whether or not to do so. Having done a bit of research, it appears that: * Very few UK stations are broadcasting DAB+ * DAB isn't going to be phased out any time soon * In theory, DAB+ provides better sound quality at a given bitrate, but may just end up with more stations...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 2nd 16 04:36 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
35 350
Ain't technology wonderful by Pinnerite
A charming Siemens engineer just replaced my dial-ridden electrical meter with a new one that phones home with its readings. Great stuff. The trouble is the my Ethernet wired computer cannot 'see' the router although my wireless HTPC can! Which is how I am able to send this moan. My brain is hurting now so I'll have lunch before starting tests. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 1st 16 09:17 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
52 487
Sky Movies on Now TV by Adrian Caspersz
If ye are subscribed to this racket and paying £9.99 a month or like me at the end of some discount deal (£3.33/month) Try cancelling the pass before your last paid day, and not bothering to fill in the 'sorry to see you go' questionnaire. Just click next. To keep me (yup) they offered me £3.99 a month for a further 4 months.
June 29th 16 03:46 PM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
0 139
How to Access Viera Link on Panasonic TV? by Davy[_2_]
I have just bought a Panasonic Viera TX32LZD80 which I want to connect to my external powered speakers. I need to be able to control the volume using the TV remote. The manual doesn't explain how but I understand from other posts that I need to go to the VieraLink menu and set the 'speaker' to external. However when I press the VieraLink button or try to access the setting through the menu...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 28th 16 12:20 PM
by pamela Go to last post
21 2,559
Is your LED screen backlight needlessly at 100%? by Adrian Caspersz
Just been watching a repair video, guy changing LEDs in an LG set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5T2wwtydY His recommendation makes sense, just back it off a titchy bit. -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 25th 16 07:05 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
13 263
Basic aerial plug confusion by AnthonyL
I think part of the problem is terminology but I am set to install a Freeview PVR for a friend in a couple of days and that will involve daisy chaining the aerial into, across, and out of the PVR and into the TV (this allows the TV to be viewed without going through the PVR in case you are wondering why. For viewing the PVR - old model - a SCART is used). Anyway I need a fly lead of some sort...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 25th 16 06:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
62 485
I've had a nasty discharge by Bill Wright[_3_]
I spent a long time today using a multitool whilst wearing pumps. I then opened the tumble drier door using a big screwdriver because the handle has fallen off. As I reached into the drier a spark about an inch long jumped between the metal body of the machine and my lower arm. I felt a severe shock and I have a small brown mark on my arm. Bill
June 24th 16 04:53 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 169
Termites in the cable? by Brian Gaff
Yesterday I was outside idly musing on whether to get that loft aerial looked at or just buy the new one, when I heard this tiny ticking noise. Putting my ear against the coax I could plainly hear minute clicks. No I'm not suggesting that some unknown creature is devouring it from the inside, although it would most certainly explain the failure, but wondered what was causing it. there is no...
3 168
The worlds most affordable TV wall mount by Adrian Caspersz
Holds 10 kgs for a quid! Yes, just a quid. Hurry while we still have an economy that can produce, distribute and sell such marvels!!! Probably better suited for small PC monitor use - those that has 100x100 vesa holes. Maybe can use to support a Raspberry Pi on the back? Derision, screams and predictable wails here .. ...
June 18th 16 07:13 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 155
Signal reception finder by Bob[_12_]
We holiday around the Uk quite a bit and sometimes have problems finding the best TV signal to retune the TV to. Looking on Google gives a whole load of signal finders with prices a from a few to many pounds. Would someone (Bill maybe?) point me in the direction of a cheap but good signal finder that we could carry around with us to aid retuning. TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 17th 16 12:20 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
27 374
venerable TS21 by Bill Wright[_3_]
The customer had been drinking: that much was quite obvious. However he was the cheery sort of drunk. He welcomed us into his parlour and offered us a drink. "Don't be so silly Ernest! They have to climb up onto the roof!" "Oh yeah, sorry guys! After the roof bit then eh?" He smiled a red-faced glassy smile and then turned to the matter at hand. "t'bugger's fell down! Nearly fell off...
June 16th 16 08:31 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
3 176
Post New Thread