Post New Thread
ITV Player & Victoria by pinnerite
Last night my wife got me to locate last week's 'Victoria' episode on ITV Player. It started well enough but after about 15 minutes it stopped. She blames me because I own the screwdrivers. :( -- Mageia 5 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.16-desktop-1.mga5 KDE version 4.14.5 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 16 11:45 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
11 491
Passwords on iPlayer by by February 2017 by tim...[_2_]
"Martin" wrote in message ... On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 12:00:45 -0400, S Viemeister wrote: On 10/4/2016 10:16 AM, wrote: Holland and the netherlands are interchangable terms in the UK in the same way that "america" substitutes for the USA even though it is actually an
October 5th 16 08:22 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
0 82
Did anyone 'see' that program about towers on ch5 the other day? by Brian Gaff
I caught part of it. It was about two towers used for communication but both also had visitor viewing and eating places near the top. What fascinated me was the various methods used to stop them resonating and falling over in winds etc. Everything from loads of weirdly shaped pieces, though very long tensioning wires to tanks of water at the top to slosh around and move about. I'd liked...
October 4th 16 08:29 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 200
DTH - direct to Home - Videocon d2h satellite TV - DTH Services by Videocon by [email protected]
Videocon d2h - India's best direct to home (DTH) tv service - offers digital cable box, dth services across all cities in India. Videocon provides top quality, uniquely designed products and connection with advanced technology. Visit : http://www.videocond2h.com/wsc/index.aspx
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 4th 16 08:16 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
21 311
Bill Look North on national News by Brian Gaff
I understand a leaked memo said they need more ethnic minority reporters as the percentage of ethnic minorities watching Look North has dipped to 37 percent. Maybe its just that their programme is crap of course, did they think of that? Grin. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 16 08:05 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
15 284
Brilliant Blunders by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcMwe7x2HJo Bill
October 2nd 16 10:37 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 108
Scottish invasion? by Davey
The Channel 4 showing of the Formula 1 Grand Prix Qualifying today repeatedly showed subtitles as "saltire" for the spoken "soft tyre". This is not a normal mistake, so what's going on? -- Davey.
October 1st 16 06:00 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 118
Colour programmes made in black and white during strike by NY
There are various cases (eg A Family at War) where a series that was normally made in colour has some episodes that were made in black and white due to a technicians' strike. Would the programme have been made using the normal colour cameras and edited on the normal VTRs, but converted to monochrome as a protest when the master was made? Or did the strike-breaking technicians actually have...
September 30th 16 06:55 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
7 199
bit of fun at moel-y-parc by tony sayer
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/moel-y-parc- transmitting-station--11936300 -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 16 03:19 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
16 262
What is missing.. by Brian Gaff
Is component tv/audio like we used to get for hi fi. I was reminded of this when I heard an advert by Samsung for their new range of TVs, all, apparently, having a nice voice on the menus and program guide to help the older person and those with poor sight use them. Ah the old grey pound wheeze again you see. I can only applauded them for it of course, but I got to thinking when I poked...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 16 09:03 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 294
I walked with a Zombie by Phi
.....between two doses of Keith Richards' lost weekend on BBC4 today (sat)
September 24th 16 08:05 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 174
BBC and flash player by Peter Crosland
I notice that flash is no longer needed for BBC sites. Long overdue. -- Peter Crosland Reply address is valid
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 24th 16 06:17 PM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
18 301
Oh dear me by Phi
The BBC fell 10m short of the amount of money required to keep The Great British Bake Off, BBC News understands. The corporation is thought to have offered 15m per year to keep the programme on the BBC. That would have been double the amount the BBC currently pays for the show and its sister programmes such as An Extra Slice and the Sport Relief specials.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 22nd 16 09:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
42 472
Surround sound and normal TV by Adrian Caspersz
I've just noticed a few entertainment shows (like Pointless, Dragon Den etc...) feature surround sound. Why? -- Adrian C
September 21st 16 08:16 AM
by Ken[_5_] Go to last post
6 202
BT Sport by Norman Wells[_6_]
Having just moved to BT because Demon my erstwhile ISP decided to drop its email service as part of an 'upgrade', I've now got BT Sport, only it's totally unwatchable because there's a stuttttter every few seconds whenever I watch it. My friend Google seems to think it's a common problem, but no-one has much idea how to fix it, at least not as far as I'm concerned. I was just wondering if...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 20th 16 09:23 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
36 265
Why do bbc need so many channels? by Brian Gaff
If you look at I player for bbc 1 and 2 you find an awful lot of the same things on both at different times. Seems to me that unless they have something to fill three channels, getting rid of the repeats and using the space for the bbc4 stuff would be a good idea. They could then use the extra bandwidth during the evening for something else like making local radio into stereo, perhaps. At...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
26 315
SOT - no red button Paralympics info? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Other than a short report on a single day's results, I can't find anything on the BBC text service about the paralympics in Rio. No medal table, for example. Maybe it's because it's Channel Four who are reporting on the Paralympics, rather than the Beeb, but why, when the Beeb went overboard with umpteen Red Button channels for the Olympics, and had pages of results on text, is there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 16th 16 03:16 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
15 376
TV aerial distribution amp by Woody[_5_]
Looks like my Televes miniKom that I have used without problem for maybe a decade or more has given up the ghost. May just be the PSU but in case not..... Can anyone recommend a half decent low gain distro amp with F connectors and possibly separate UHF/FM/DAB inputs and 6 outputs preferably one at full gain. 6dB gain per output port will be more than enough. I am 28 miles from Emley and...
September 14th 16 07:57 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
4 172
Humax pvr "default" channel puzzle by Tim+[_4_]
Our Humax HDR Fox T2 has taken to always showing the red button channel when turned on in the evening. This is particularly puzzling as it's set to NOT power down at night at the moment and I would expect it to just show the last channel viewed the previous evening. I am running the custom firmware but this is set to power up on channel 101. Any thoughts?
September 13th 16 09:27 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
2 163
Richer sounds - curate's egg! by David[_13_]
I am in the process of buying a new TV from Richer Sounds. Their phone based customer service is awesome; I rang on branch to check the dimensions but the queue was quite long so I rang another branch. The guy who answered the phone nipped onto the shop floor and measured the TV for me. I happily placed the order on line. A few minutes later the original store rang me back; they had noted...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 16 08:19 PM
by pamela Go to last post
12 248