Post New Thread
a wonderful night for those with flapping ears by Brian Gaff
I don't think the quality of recording was up to it in those days, so nothing could be understood. I have a recording of Shirley Bassey at the Talk of the Town, which has quite a lot of background noise as well, but not as much yacking. anyone remember the Bee Gees being on there. That was the performance where their sister was drafted in instead of Robin who was in the drying out clinic,...
November 2nd 16 08:28 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 101
Troposhperic lift on Freeview at the moment? by Charles F[_2_]
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else is getting problems with freeview at present. We are in Farnham Surrey, and use Crystal Palace TX as that's the best of the available options . Although we are right on the edge of the service area freeview is normally rock solid, with the exception of BBC4HD, which is a lower power mux. At present though all muxes are showing occasional blocking, to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 2nd 16 07:33 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
26 298
I've bought an old telly by Graham.[_12_]
https://youtu.be/T2oNculjoQc Be sure to follow both the links in the description. -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 1st 16 09:04 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
70 563
Problem recording Goodnight Sweetheart on Yesterday by DerekF[_2_]
My wife has been recording Goodnight Sweetheart on the Yesterday channel using the Humax YouView box. For the past few days the recording started at 21.07 instead of 21.20 and finished at 21.45 instead of 22.00. It doesn't normally get its programmes in a twist. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 16 11:06 PM
by DerekF[_2_] Go to last post
19 350
Does BBC London News have a sound problem? by The Other John[_2_]
On several occasions recently during the local news when they cut from a recorded insert back to the newsreader the first few words they say can't be heard then the rest is OK. Do they have separate sound and vision mixers (human) and the sound person has slow reactions or is it an electronic fault? Or could it be my Panasonic PVR loses audio sync and blanks it on certain video cuts? ...
October 31st 16 04:46 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 140
Dithering BBC by Phi
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/comic-relief-bake-off-scrapped-following-furious-row-103546598.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 16 12:52 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 223
Mexican Grand Prix and C4 coverage by David[_13_]
I had series recording for both the live and highlights programmes for F1 on C4 on my Virgin Tivo. This week I noticed that Practice 1 and Practice 2 were on More4 not C4, so I added (I thought) another series link for the Live recording on More4. However this seems to have cleared the series link for the C4 show and I now seem to have lost 3rd practice and qualifying. This suggests that,...
October 30th 16 05:32 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
3 153
C4 account by Andy Burns[_12_]
How long has C4 required signing into an account to watch catchup on a smartTV? Do they honestly think anyone gives them useful details?
October 29th 16 09:07 AM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
7 170
On Topic: Latest 700 MHz plan by Mark Carver
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0031/92659/Maximising-the-benefits-of-700-MHz-clearance-Statement.pdf -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 27th 16 09:26 PM
by Alan White[_3_] Go to last post
132 1,143
OT(ish) - Digital PVRs and external Internet access (botnets) by David[_13_]
All the DDoS attacks at the moment seem to be attributed mainly to Web Cams and DVRs. I can see that almost anything in the Digital TV arena now is likely to have an Internet connection for NetFlix, iPlayer and the like. What makes the DVRs a special case? Set up for remote control to schedule recordings when you are away from home?
3 144
New BBC microbit computer by Phi
http://betanews.com/2016/10/19/bbc-microbit-computer-to-roll-out-globally/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
56 555
Getiplayer PVR web interface question - deleting *all trace* of a recording by NY
I've installed Getiplayer 2.97 which includes the text-based command-line backend and the web frontend. I've noticed that if I "record" (ie download) a programme and then delete it after watching, the actual MP4 files (and the associated SRT and XML files) are deleted, but the entry remains, greyed-out, in the Recordings list - see https://s13.postimg.org/wfp35or9z/Image1.png where all...
October 23rd 16 12:09 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
3 131
DysfunctionalLG Soundbar Remote. by Alaric
I have an LG LCD TV set Model 32LF77** which has both Freeview and Freesat tuners and is almost seven years old. I bought an LG soundbar almost two years ago and until recently it worked just fine using an optical connection and the sound bar remote to control the TV on/off, the sound mute and the sound volume. Recently, however, after an auto-retune of the DVT channels the sound volume...
October 23rd 16 10:06 AM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
4 150
delay by Bill Wright[_3_]
The Channel Four coverage of the US Pres. Debate is several long seconds behind the BBC or Sky. Also they don't seem to have the reaction shots in a twin screen from the one who isn't speaking. What could be the course of these phenomena? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 16 07:19 PM
by critcher[_6_] Go to last post
16 200
Aberfan broadcast by Bill Wright[_3_]
I remember ITN/TWW's live broadcast at teatime on the day of the disaster. A very snowy, flickering, picture; the reporter standing on the hill above where the school had stood, the camera panning across what looked like a moonscape. I wonder if that broadcast still exists. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 16 07:17 PM
by critcher[_6_] Go to last post
10 231
the water analogy by Bill Wright[_3_]
I have a hosepipe with a tap on the end, fed from a tap on the wall. If I turn the tap on the wall off and then turn the tap at the end of the hose on there a momentary surge of water. But if I turn a switch off that feeds a wire then connect a lamp to the other end of the wire the lamp doesn't glow even momentarily. Does this mean the water analogy has failed, or can the surge of water be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 21st 16 05:06 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 486
Cone cameras by Brian Gaff
I've just invented these, they are at the level where they can get good views of the number plates for the apr system, so should aid motorway cops fine the transgressors. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 16 03:13 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
12 263
The bells at York by Bill Wright[_3_]
I just signed the petition "Allow the York Minster bell ringers to ring!" and wonder if you could add your name too. The more support we can get the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition he http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/allow-the-york-minster-bell-ringers-to-ring Thank you!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 20th 16 11:25 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
250 1,547
trouble with a French bank: advice? by Bill Wright[_3_]
An elderly relative planned to live in France but the plan failed, for reasons that are irrelevant here. He had deposited E10,000 in Bank Agricole when his plan fell through. Three months ago he asked for the money to be transferred to his English bank. Despite repeated requests he is getting nowhere. The bank seems to ignoring him, or stonewalling him. Is there any organisation in the UK...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 20th 16 04:19 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
51 527
The law by Bill Wright[_3_]
On 18/10/2016 12:19, Norman Wells wrote: The law, nevertheless, is on the side of those who suffer noise nuisance, not those causing it. The law is impartial. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 16 10:55 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
16 292