Post New Thread
Quick shopping list by David WE Roberts[_3_]
Bursting with enthusiasm, I am now shopping for new kit. Recommendations please for a Group E aerial and masthead amp for reception in Felixstowe from Sudbury. Woolfbase recommends Amplified Extra High Gain HP Group E. Cheers Dave R
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 15th 12 01:51 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
117 3,213
Olympic opening on BBC1 by Ian Jackson[_2_]
OMG! at 9:09pm, BBC1chose to show pre-recorded material instead of the actual live opening ceremony! You couldn't make it up! -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 14th 12 11:05 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
104 1,504
Alba TV do they have a web site? by David
Think it might be an Argos brand name now so who is the parent web site please? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 12 09:20 AM
by Doctor D Go to last post
10 388
AD or not AD that is the question by Brian Gaff
The program guides are a neat idea, but only as good as the info put on them. I have, now quite a few times noticed that Film 4 puts out films which say subtitles. Often they also have AD but they do not say so. In the opposite direction, channel five and its sub channels often puts AD when its not there. What annoys me about that is that I have told them on many occasions as have others,...
August 14th 12 08:34 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
7 219
Recommendation for Freesat recorder by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Colleagues, I've been using a Humax FOXSAT-HDR recorder (a Freesat HD box) since it first came out. As soon as it arrived I was disappointed by the dreadful software, but I hoped (based on Humax's past record) that we'd see some great improvements over time. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. Compared with their HDR-FOX T2 (Freeview HD) the user interface is
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 14th 12 08:12 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
28 679
Channel 4 coverage of the Paralympics - additional channels by Peter Duncanson
From http://paralympics.channel4.com/inside-stories/newsid=1233885/index.html#How%20to%20watch%20the%20Paralympics yesterday 12:21 pm The London 2012 Paralympics starts on 29 August and Channel 4 will make history and broadcast the Games like never before. More than 400 hours of live coverage will be shown during the 12 days of the London Paralympics, with...
August 14th 12 12:58 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
6 314
WWTOT Virgin mail problems by Woody[_4_]
Yes I know but.... Any of you out there with a ntlworld.com e-mail account using smtp.ntlworld.com as the outgoing mail server and having problems sending? I am using the same settings I have used for at least two years and I am getting an almost total failure rate - then all of a sudden the mail will go, and this is across any one of five e-mail addresses. The helpdesk said I should be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 13th 12 01:02 AM
by Ian Go to last post
29 671
BBC R4 Book of the Week - "Tubes: Behind the Scenes at the Internet" (a little OT) by Ian Jackson[_2_]
This week's BBC R4 'Book of the Week' should be of interest to all internet users. iPlayer Episode 1 starts he http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ljxt4/Book_of_the_Week_Tubes_Beh ind_the_Scenes_at_the_Internet_Episode_1/ -- Ian
August 12th 12 10:31 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
6 244
Super Hi-Vision by David
Just been to a public demonstration of Super Hi-Vision, leaflet says picture is 16 times that of Hi-Vision with 2 million pixels, maybe someone will equate that to BBC HD TV for me. It has 22.2 channel sound which claims to be far superior to 5.1 sound. It features recordings from the Olympics opening and GB successes of this weekend. Picture very impressive on a cinema size screen and sound...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 10th 12 08:09 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
12 297
JG Spedfit 15mm pipe - polybutylene or PEX? by David WE Roberts[_3_]
I'm about to buy a coil or two of 15mm plastic pipe. Having noted that Screwfix are offering two sorts, PE-X and polybutylene (which is a bit more expensive) I investigated further. As far as I can tell both are suitable for hot&cold water and central heating. The JG website suggests that the 'layflat' polybutylene is a new product which is more flexible and therefore easier to thread through...
August 10th 12 12:38 PM
by David WE Roberts[_3_] Go to last post
1 198
Oh ye of little faith by Bill Wright[_2_]
I equipped a technophobe customer with an 85cm dish (and a mini dish) on a tripod and a Humax box in his motorhome. I spent a full afternoon showing him how to work it all. He found the whole thing incomprehensible and at the end had no faith in his ability to obtain a satellite signal, and was incredulous that he should be able to receive UK TV in Europe anyway. Since then I've received the...
August 10th 12 07:40 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
8 281
Recording an S4/C programme to DVD by Ian Wade G3NRW[_2_]
Can someone point me to any Windows software that will let me record S4/C programmes to DVD? Specifically, I want to record this particular programme: http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/c_level2.shtml?programme_id=507327412 (cos I'm in it ... :-) Ian
August 9th 12 03:57 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
4 281
Decent distribution amp for loft by CD
After a rearrangement of the living room which resulted in the telly moving I've now got 2 x SAT & 1 x UHF leads extended from the old telly location trailing along the living room to the new location. As I'm now DIY retired I'm getting a tame Virgin Media installer to come & do all the rerouting, drilling & ladder work for me. This is an ideal opportunity to get some gubbins in the loft, as I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 9th 12 02:26 PM
by CD Go to last post
21 735
Olympic video effect - how do they do it? by Victor Delta[_2_]
A couple of times during the gymnastics I have witnessed a rather amazing video effect. Whilst replaying, say, a gymnast on the pommel horse the picture is frozen with typically the individual in mid air, and then the camera position moves to the side. At the end of the move, the motion unfreezes and the gymnast completes the manoever, but now seen from the side. Great effect but how do...
August 9th 12 11:18 AM
by bugbear Go to last post
7 376
Sky box issue since update by Chris Hills
I have a Sky+HD box with no subscription which I purely use for listening to the radio (DAB reception here is rubbish and satellite offers a higher bitrate anyway). Since the last software update which introduced the new EPG, whenever I turn on the box now it does not instantly start producing audio. I have to enter the channel number before it starts playing. Is there any way to fix this...
August 8th 12 11:10 PM
by Chris Hills Go to last post
0 194
Olympic games 24 channels from BBC on Sky. by Peter Duncanson
On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:24:48 +0200, Martin wrote: On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:24:31 +0100, Charles Ellson wrote: On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:17:24 +0200, Martin wrote: On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:10:17 +0100, Charles Ellson wrote:
August 8th 12 01:43 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
0 106
Social networking in the meeja by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I'd be interested to know what Dave and others who have worked in 'TV' make of the comments in last Wednesday's "Thinking Allowed" programme that was transmitted at 4pm (1st August) on Radio 4. Slainte, Jim -- Please use the address on the audiomisc page if you wish to email me.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 8th 12 10:00 AM
by Graham.[_6_] Go to last post
24 492
Olympic games 24 channels from BBC on Sky. by Charles Ellson
On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:24:48 +0200, Martin wrote: On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:24:31 +0100, Charles Ellson wrote: On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:17:24 +0200, Martin wrote: On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:10:17 +0100, Charles Ellson wrote:
August 8th 12 04:01 AM
by Charles Ellson Go to last post
0 128
Super High Definition by Scott[_2_]
I saw the Super High Definition demonstration today. 16 times more detail than HD. 22.2 sound. Stunning!!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/28/bbc-super-hi-vision-olympics It seems the sets are out of stock on Amazon at present. I'll try again after the Olympics are finished :-)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 7th 12 08:59 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
17 452
Post switch over - choice of transmitter? by David WE Roberts[_3_]
I'm in central Felixstowe. Pre-switchover my only option (using Wolfbane) was Sudbury B. Post switchover I can get a subset of content from the town centre relay (using wet string and bean tins) but for the full offering I still have to go for another transmitter but the options seem to have increased. Ah - just gone back to Woolfbane and the options have changed. Previously Sudbury was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 7th 12 07:07 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
49 712