Post New Thread
New TV channel for BBC in Scotland by Scott[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39042666 I am curious about some of this: 1. If the new channel is to be called BBC Scotland, will there still be a BBC One Scotland? Will this not cause confusion? 2. It is claimed there will be a 'prominent' slot on the epg so I assume this means availability on Freeview. I assume SD as there is no mention of HD? 3. The report goes on to say this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 28th 17 05:39 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
54 461
Humax overheating by Davey
This evening, my running HDR Fox T2 would not respond to any controls, not even the button on the front. I unplugged it, and powered it up again, and it works. Thanks to the Customised Firmware, I was able to see that it was overheating, so I put a small fan on, pointing at it, and the reported temp. inside came down from 55 deg. to 42 deg. Ok, that's fine for tonight. Check one up for the CF;...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 17 12:30 PM
by Davey Go to last post
78 957
Motorhome tv dead? by Tim+[_4_]
Our small Cello TV/DVD combo in our motorhome has always behaved perfectly but today despite excellent signal strength from Black Hill (we're currently parked up east of Peebles), a channel scan is producing zilch. We have a Fringe UHF TV signal finder so we're pretty happy that we're getting a good signal. It has worked in this location before. I'm guessing that vibration has done for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 17 07:03 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
21 246
Missing channels? by Kenny
I'm in Derry, NI and wondering why I don't get CH4 HD and some other channels. According to http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings I should be getting all channels in NI. The "missing" ones are listed as from Mux COM7 HD which doesn't appear in the list for the Limavady transmitter I'm using, here's what's the Limavady BBC A D3&4 BBC B HD SDN ARQ A ARQ B This...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 24th 17 02:11 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
21 408
5Star Channel by Davey
I happened on a programme on 5Star+1 tonight, on Ch. 55, using my Humax PVR, which receives input from Freeview, Freeview HD, and the internet. I switched to the TV set, which is a non-HD receiving set, and there was no Ch. 55, but there was Ch. 30, 5Star. What's happening here? A retune of the TV set made no difference. Is the +1 channel distributed over DVB-2, or the internet? All I can find on...
February 23rd 17 09:47 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 145
Ham radio Interference by Dave H[_4_]
I have a Ham Radio enthusiast living some 200 yards away with a big set of aerianalia. When he turns this in my direction and talks to his contact, my picture on Sky jumps all over the place to the extent it is unwatchable. Just like having the vertical hold set wrong. The sound on my amplifier also cuts out when he is talking. Sky box is connected to a video recorder by scart and then to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 21st 17 09:31 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
207 7,578
Ch 5 plus 1 glitch last night by Brian Gaff
I am not sure if this was also in the original, but at the time normally occupied for an ad break the whole program jumped back about three minutes and went over it again. The adverts never appeared at all. Has anyone seen this before, one supposes that the file triggering of content in some automated system did not get updated correctly somewhere. I bet that cost somebody some money. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 17 10:57 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 206
Humax HDR - 2000T by Alaric
I bought a refurbished Humax HDR 2000t from Amazon in October last year and it has worked perfectly till about 2pm today. However, when I tried to use it at about 6pm I got a picture but could not get it to work otherwise. I cannot change channels nor can I initiate any other functions. I switched it off at the mains plug, waited a bit and switched it back on but still nothing. I changed the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 17 09:21 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
41 547
I s there anyone on here who is also blind? by Brian Gaff
I was wondering what the quality of the spoken features were on the Panasonic and Samsung ranges. IE do the program guides get read properly, are all the menus usable with speech of options etc, and any smart features or internal apps, do they function with speech or are they crippled due to them being third party things and programs? I'm certainly not going to pay for a telly when a box...
February 15th 17 05:19 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 108
BBC1 Scheduling - Contempt for Viewers? by Sam
For our sins we record and watch Father Brown on BBC1. Series 4 has just finished and a new series starts next week. This will be series 5? No way - the schedule shows that they start off with the first two episodes of Series 3 and them jump to episode 6. What logic and thought for the viewer! Sam
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 14th 17 11:30 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
27 422
OT Euronews by [email protected]
Euronews is broadcast loud and clear at 28E It has been removed from Freesat, as is well known. Can anybody please explain why it does not tune in under "other channels"? Thanks in advance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 17 07:07 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
18 217
Here's a good idea by Phil L
Bill Wright wrote: Let the NHS send the invoices for all the foreigners who come over here for free treatment to the Overseas Aid Department. It would be that department's job to chase the payment. If they didn't get it it would reduce the money we shovel overseas. The invoice would be inflated to well above the actual NHS cost. This idea would relieve the NHS staff of the job of debt...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 17 09:06 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
34 303
Public thank you to the group especially Woody by Jim
About a month ago i posted on here asking for some advice on a mast and bracket for my new hardware to enable me to get a decent 4G signal to use as my broadband (Relish.net) as my current speed was rubbish. Well i just wanted to say a huge thanks to the group for all your help and suggestion with your input has enabled me to get a speed of 30/07 which round here is unheard off. I have to...
February 14th 17 01:32 AM
by Jim Go to last post
0 117
Unforgotten by Pinnerite
Yesterday evening, my wife and I had settled down to watch the final episode of this serial drama. Unfortunately, Mrs Pinnerite had 'pressed the wrong button' with the result that for the first time we were listening to an audio accompaniment. It was irritating at first. During the intervals we were feverishly trying to to reverse the facility but didn't manage to so for quite some...
February 13th 17 12:24 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
4 130
Finding who has rights to something by Brian Gaff
Back in the Day there was a talking set top pvr sold under the TVonics brand name. After some messing about it seems, at least from anecdotal info, that RNIB have intellectual copyright on much of the original design. However nobody at RNIB seems to actually know. Typical corporate amnesia I'd say. Does anyone know anything about this as I seem to recall some were sold just as pvrs before...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 17 12:16 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
13 228
Heroes on CBeebies by Scott[_2_]
I have just seen Cadbury's Heroes being distributed on CBeebies. Does this not breach both product placement rules and ban on promoting junk food pre-watershed? .
February 12th 17 09:12 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
3 133
700 MHz clearance starts March 1 by Mark Carver
At Selkirk, for BBC A. Nice of Ofcom et al to give plenty of notice (less than 4 weeks) that many viewers' aerials will require replacement (at the viewer's own expense ?). http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/92011/Selkirk_700MHz_clearance_briefing_from_Digital_UK.pdf --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 17 07:29 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
53 459
Make sure your van is locked. by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.facebook.com/100007619076616/videos/1808193382777947/ Thieves using a blocker to disable the central locking.
February 11th 17 05:41 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
0 113
Pigeon poo protection by Brian-Gaff
I was looking well feeling, an old aerial a person had taken of their roof a while ago, and the comment was it would still be OK today if not for the bloody pigeons their **** rotted away the metal. I have to say that certainly under the encrusted ' 'Guano' was a heck of a rusted away self tapping screw in a and the unit had a couple of elements missing so one can deduce that the screws...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 17 02:29 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
10 266
Radio 2 by Brian Gaff
OK not tv, but they do have it on freeview. Note that they have gotten rid of After Midnight real live programming and seem to be using a kind of Jukebox software to present what they call radio 2 playlists, withe plugs and comments obviously recorded and slipped into the right places by software. OK they run old versions of popular programs from the previous week as well, but is this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 11th 17 09:25 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
42 363