Post New Thread
New niggle with my Samsung UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" Curved TV set up. by Mick IOW
Hi all, on my recently purchased TV to a Samsung UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49inch TV. I have two Humax HDR-FOX T2 recorders connected by HDMI leads and a Samsung Blue Ray DVD player. I am happy for the DVD player to auto switch the TV to it as I only turn it on when wanting to use it. But with the 2 Humax HDR-FOX T2 recorders auto switching is a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 31st 16 01:50 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
22 721
ITV and ITV+1 local news by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Local news here on ITV (Channel 3) from Rowridge is Meridian South. However, on ITV+1 (Channel 33) it is Meridian South-east. Anyone know what the reason is for this, and do other areas have different regional news programmes on ITV and ITV+1? -- Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 16 06:02 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
14 253
Is the Aether dark energy ? by Max Demian
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 06:18:59 +0100, "Phi" wrote: It's obvious that gravity waves exist, but do they travel at the speed of light ? Well they can't travel faster. -- Max Demian
July 29th 16 12:38 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
7 200
Samsung UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR TV, and External Speakers. by Mick IOW
Hi all, I have just upgraded my TV to a Samsung UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49inch one. When external speakers are connected by the optical Audio out socket, should that mean the built in speakers are muted and speaker volume controlled by the TV remote? Hoping someone can advise, Mick.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 28th 16 11:08 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
28 849
Who comes up with the part numbers for things? by Brian Gaff
Is it just meant to be so complicated nobody can remember which model they actually wanted and what the differences are? I think I'll start a campaign for things to be named like cars and they are of manufacture. so this one in the thread above could, for example be called the Nigel 2016 TV, and so on. There are a lot of names to choose from after all and when you want other products we...
July 28th 16 10:45 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
5 192
From the Telegraph website by Davey
"What time and when is Celebrity Big Brother 2016 on TV? Plus, have Sam Fox and Christopher Biggins been confirmed for the new series?" Who the hell cares? I mean, really. -- Davey.
July 28th 16 09:31 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
2 145
Humax Freesat Foxsat box by Bill Wright[_3_]
Quite an old box this; I don't know how old. It's used intensively for a few days then not used probably for weeks. It developed a fault as follows: It took ten minutes or more to load the programme guide. If any button was pressed during this time the box would freeze completely. Sometimes the loading was never completed; I think the box was freezing without a button being pressed. Cu do...
July 27th 16 01:12 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 241
Metaphysical frequencies by Bill Wright[_3_]
If a channel is empty does it exist? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 27th 16 07:39 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
24 360
The lying BBC - now energy by [email protected]
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:11:47 +0100 The Natural Philosopher wrote: On 25/07/16 11:08, wrote: And others have actually read their T&Cs and pointed out to you that they don't. Then they are lying I doubt that. More likely you're just being bloody minded. I've told you about
2 130
Problem after Humax Foxsat HD OTA S/W upgrade. by John Aldred
Tonight I did the Freesat OTA software upgrade for the Humax Foxsat HD box. I am now getting sporadic picture breakup on all main channels. The BBC HD channel is unwatchable. I've tried the Humax box on another dish and TV with the same result. I have an old Sky digibox which is working OK with the dish and TV. Anyone else having this problem with the Humax upgrade?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 25th 16 07:01 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
14 1,777
Glyphosate: message from Chemigrow by Bill Wright[_3_]
GLYPHOSATE THE CURRENT POSITION As a valued customer ,we felt we ought to highlight the current glyphosate situation. NOW COMES THE BORING BIT AND POTENTIAL BAD NEWS.... No doubt you are aware there is considerable attention being paid to the EU glyphosate renewal. It has been highlighted in the press on a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 23rd 16 07:19 PM
by charles[_2_] Go to last post
35 481
Extinction of consumer device species. Video Home System by Brian Gaff
Are you in the market for a brand new Video Cassette Recorder? Then you better head to RadioShack - or another electronics store of yester-year - soon, as the last known company to make the video-playing machines will stop production after this month. Funai Electric, last known company to make VCRs, will close down its production of the devices in August, ArsTechnica, citing Japanese...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 23rd 16 12:36 PM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
20 295
Rowridge off air last night? by Victor Delta[_2_]
Did anyone experience a loss of service on all channels last night from Rowridge, IoW, at around 2100?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 16 11:43 AM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
13 304
Vintage TV by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
This has disappeared off Freesat, although it is still broadcast FTA from satellite, but for how long? On Freeview it has moved to channel 86, but only a TV with a Freeview HD tuner can pick this up even though it is only SD, otherwise the channel does not appear. There is no diagnostic, and both Freeview and Vintage TV's web sites do not mention this. A bit of a cock up if you ask me!
July 22nd 16 09:50 PM
by Is it safe? Go to last post
8 330
Independence Day. by Ian Field
With all the people ditching VHS, I found an un-edited original copy where Will Smith uses a naughty word at least twice. Anyone know whether any un-edited DVDs got released? Thanks.
July 19th 16 12:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
3 137
Got them back thanks to sunshine by Brian Gaff
The full list of freeview that is, on the old aerial. I suspect this means that it is indeed the coax which is the culprit here and has now dried out. I feel some purchasing coming on. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 19th 16 05:08 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
11 247
Weird sound quality on Trainspotting Live (Tuesday 12 July episode) by NY
Most of the programme was fine, but the segments with Dick Strawbridge in Swindon had very odd sound, as if it was recorded with a stereo mike that had been panned slightly left and then had one leg reversed, giving an odd "extra-wide" sound-field. Quite a challenge to listen to (especially on headphones) for any length of time....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 16 01:48 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 256
B is for Book by Paul Ratcliffe
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:23:03 +0100, tony sayer wrote: Brian is a very highly respected poster No he isn't. He is just another whinging moany old **** with, as the previous poster said, a big chip to carry. He thinks the world owes him, just because he's blind. It doesn't. You really can be obnoxious sometimes can't you?.
July 15th 16 10:24 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
1 133
Deadline Gallipoli by pinnerite
I watched the last episode of the TV series tonight. In opening of one scene the label read 'Australian Embassy'. This was supposed to be in London. Countries where the HM The Queen is head of state are not represented here by embassies but by Commissions or Consulates as I have always understand it. It annoys me when I have to jump up and down in righteous indignation.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 16 09:30 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
18 283
Serious Italian train crash by Peter Crosland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36774059 -- Peter Crosland Reply address is valid
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 16 01:09 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post