Post New Thread
Double standards by Brian Gaff
Recently I've become aware that radio phone ins are being sanitised far more than they used to be. Words like Bloody and crap are now not allowed and they don't even like you to mention Amazon either. However, on the telly, even before what is laughingly called the watershed, Bloody seems to be allowed as part of cockney speak, and the Moonbeam Song by Neilson is played on national radio,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 16 07:26 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
30 375
Euronews -on Freesat by BobC[_3_]
Euronews seems top have disappeared from Freesat. I note that the Freesat Website no longer shows it as in their "News" lineup. No announcement, just disappeared. -- BobC ==========
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 12th 16 08:23 PM
by pamela Go to last post
26 1,220
SOT - connecting a dashcam to a TV by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I just replaced my dashcam as the old one wouldn't loop record. Other than that it seemed ok, so I wondered about using it as a video camera as it has an "AV" socket. The Chinglish manual isn't much help. All it refers to is setting either PAL or NTSC, and 50Hz or 60Hz. So I set it to PAL and 50Hz. The camera didn't come with any video connectors, but I have a 2.5mm jack plug with a short...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 16 10:11 AM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
11 271
Progress by Bill Wright[_3_]
On the left packaging 2002. On the right packaging 2016. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_0938.JPG Bill
October 10th 16 03:13 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
8 184
Could 'whistling' kill your PVR? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Umm, I wonder if a nefarious TV show could send you a tone that kills your PVR. Perhaps embedded in an advert for the latest new PVR from insert manufacturer as a way to boost sales? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37337868
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 9th 16 07:33 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
18 249
How long are remote controls supposed to last? by Brian Gaff
I have a very old denon one which has been in the wars since 1990 and it still works as does the unit its for. More recent tvs and set top box and cd players dvds etc, seem to have remote creeping death after a couple of years. When you open them up you find that the bit where the rubber buttons push down and short out the ridged bit on the pcb are either fully of slightly sticky particles...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 8th 16 08:47 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
13 160
DTT box peculiarity by Bill Wright[_3_]
I have a fairly elderly Humax SD DTT box in the motorhome, for use when there are trees in the way of the satellite. This was the situation this week at Rowntree Park, York. The imbecile warden put us on a wedge-shaped pitch, then got us up the next morning to say we would have to disconnect the trailer because we were less than 6m from the hypothetical position of the van on the next...
October 8th 16 07:34 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
1 103
A few pictures by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/DSCN5647.JPG This appeared over our garden the other day https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/DSCN5653.JPG Why didn't he extend his ladder a bit more and fix the thing nearer the apex? Then he could have used a shorter mast. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/DSCN5656.JPG And most of all why did he use such a crap wall bracket? The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 8th 16 01:04 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
25 201
That burd on Longmire. by Benderthe.evilrobot
Was she in one of the Riddick movies?
October 7th 16 07:53 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
4 101
ITV Player & Victoria by pinnerite
Last night my wife got me to locate last week's 'Victoria' episode on ITV Player. It started well enough but after about 15 minutes it stopped. She blames me because I own the screwdrivers. :( -- Mageia 5 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.16-desktop-1.mga5 KDE version 4.14.5 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 16 11:45 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
11 454
Passwords on iPlayer by by February 2017 by tim...[_2_]
"Martin" wrote in message ... On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 12:00:45 -0400, S Viemeister wrote: On 10/4/2016 10:16 AM, wrote: Holland and the netherlands are interchangable terms in the UK in the same way that "america" substitutes for the USA even though it is actually an
October 5th 16 08:22 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
0 80
Did anyone 'see' that program about towers on ch5 the other day? by Brian Gaff
I caught part of it. It was about two towers used for communication but both also had visitor viewing and eating places near the top. What fascinated me was the various methods used to stop them resonating and falling over in winds etc. Everything from loads of weirdly shaped pieces, though very long tensioning wires to tanks of water at the top to slosh around and move about. I'd liked...
October 4th 16 08:29 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 193
DTH - direct to Home - Videocon d2h satellite TV - DTH Services by Videocon by [email protected]
Videocon d2h - India's best direct to home (DTH) tv service - offers digital cable box, dth services across all cities in India. Videocon provides top quality, uniquely designed products and connection with advanced technology. Visit : http://www.videocond2h.com/wsc/index.aspx
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 4th 16 08:16 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
21 287
Bill Look North on national News by Brian Gaff
I understand a leaked memo said they need more ethnic minority reporters as the percentage of ethnic minorities watching Look North has dipped to 37 percent. Maybe its just that their programme is crap of course, did they think of that? Grin. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 16 08:05 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
15 255
Brilliant Blunders by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcMwe7x2HJo Bill
October 2nd 16 10:37 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 104
Scottish invasion? by Davey
The Channel 4 showing of the Formula 1 Grand Prix Qualifying today repeatedly showed subtitles as "saltire" for the spoken "soft tyre". This is not a normal mistake, so what's going on? -- Davey.
October 1st 16 06:00 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 115
Colour programmes made in black and white during strike by NY
There are various cases (eg A Family at War) where a series that was normally made in colour has some episodes that were made in black and white due to a technicians' strike. Would the programme have been made using the normal colour cameras and edited on the normal VTRs, but converted to monochrome as a protest when the master was made? Or did the strike-breaking technicians actually have...
September 30th 16 06:55 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
7 174
bit of fun at moel-y-parc by tony sayer
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/moel-y-parc- transmitting-station--11936300 -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 16 03:19 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
16 238
What is missing.. by Brian Gaff
Is component tv/audio like we used to get for hi fi. I was reminded of this when I heard an advert by Samsung for their new range of TVs, all, apparently, having a nice voice on the menus and program guide to help the older person and those with poor sight use them. Ah the old grey pound wheeze again you see. I can only applauded them for it of course, but I got to thinking when I poked...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 16 09:03 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 244
I walked with a Zombie by Phi
.....between two doses of Keith Richards' lost weekend on BBC4 today (sat)
September 24th 16 08:05 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 159
Post New Thread