Post New Thread
A couple of quick Qs about freesat... by Tim+[_4_]
My sister has moved into a rented house in the middle of nowhere with b*gger all terrestrial reception but it does have a dish with a double cable. I presume this means that she can use a freesat box or PVR with twin tuners? (I know nothing about sat). She may only be in this property for a few months so may not want to invest too much in a freesat pvr. Can anyone recommend a decent budget...
April 2nd 17 11:33 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
9 243
Hopeless at maths by Bill Wright[_3_]
I'm hopeless at maths, but I'm trying to get something across to an intelligent child. So, if the distance from here to London (250km) is represented by the thickness of a hair (0.2mm) how far is a light year? It doesn't have to be a hair; it could be anything familiar and small. It's 2.5 million light years to the Andromeda Galaxy; that's what we're discussing. Help!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 1st 17 12:43 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
30 376
Long gaps short range by Brian Gaff
I noticed the other night during coverage of the Westminster bridge silent vigil that there seemed to be almost as much delay in the interview with the reporter as you might expect if it was going on in the usa. I find it really annoyin when you get these delays, and the thing is we never used to have it, so what is going on here? is the delay in the digital processing or what? Brian -- ...
March 30th 17 06:42 PM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
6 101
Humax FVP-4000T Dimensions by Bill Ward[_2_]
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the Humax FVP-4000T Bill.
March 30th 17 12:17 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
9 150
Fly tipping by Brian Gaff
Bill if you crosspost many news servers won't let you reply to both groups any more. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
March 27th 17 03:04 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
8 117
Freeview Play and subscription channels by Bill Ward[_2_]
Can the Humax FVP-4000T get subscription channels like Racing UK and At The Races. Bill.
March 25th 17 10:53 PM
by Bill Ward[_2_] Go to last post
5 115
Smart talk replacement remote controls by Brian Gaff
Does anyone know if its possible to get these? I ask as I know in the past on here folk have suggested that people get a remote that can be taught what to do. Sadly for a blind person they get used to the buttons shapes and positions. These remotes are the weak link in this basic device since the bits of debris from the rubber buttons get into the wells for the contacts and stop them...
March 24th 17 08:55 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 95
ch4 plus 1 during news by Brian Gaff
Yesterday, a short time into the news, early evening the whole thing went orf. Well it was still getting a signal but it was blank and no sound. Most peculiar. It came back suddnly later in the news. I was not around to see if the non plus 1 had it as well. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
March 24th 17 07:28 AM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
3 133
This content does not seem to be working by Phi
Halfway through Attenborough on the Great Barrie Reef on iPlayer through Browser, it just stops dead. Had near perfect streaming up to this point. I had to restart, but not from where I left off.
March 23rd 17 10:13 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 95
Freesat EPG and ch. 4 etc. by PeterC
All of the EPG is OK for 7 days except for Ch. 4, it's clones and some, I assume, associated channels. These are OK for 5 days only. Any idea why, please? It's a bit of a nuisance as I like to check what's on in a week's timeon each day. -- Peter. The gods will stay away whilst religions hold sway
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 17 08:57 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 177
TV system conversion by Bill Wright[_3_]
At the time when when I was a baby the only way was to point a camera at a screen. Results were unimpressive. By 1964 things had moved on and conversion was electronic. The equipment had 2,000 transistors and occupied two full height racks. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=5266568 I have just bought a gadget that converts TVI and AHD to HDMI, VGA, and CVBS. It handles 720p...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 22nd 17 01:36 PM
by NY Go to last post
40 389
serving the public by Bill Wright[_3_]
For many years I've used a particular butcher. I must have spent thousands in that shop. I believe in building up a relationship. Yesterday I asked for something I often buy: beef dripping (it makes fantastic roasties). "Don't keep it any more." "Why?" "Not many people wanted it." He shrugged and turned away. I was going to say, "Well I buy it," or something like that, but then I thought,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 21st 17 10:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
54 414
Weird channel anomaly by Pinnerite
My incoming aerial signal is amplified after it enters my loft. It feeds down through the first floor to the ground floor where it is fed into a socket on a TBS dual tuner card in a computer serving as an HTPC. This has an output socket from which a cable feeds a Samsung Smart TV sited above it.. Recently one of the channels on the TV said that CBS Drama had moved and to retune. We did,...
March 19th 17 04:13 PM
by pinnerite Go to last post
2 106
Redifuson switcher by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwoke4pvkwpetll/redif%2001.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8qt9kajhcs5k0c/redif%2002.jpg?dl=0 Wasn't there some discussion here about the old cable TV systems? Here are two pictures of the switch that they used to mount on the windowsill. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 17 02:22 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
13 189
get_iplayer cannot get metadata since 13th March (Monday afternoon) by Johnny B Good[_2_]
Hello group. I've not been able to update the index since Monday afternoon. Requesting the full TV listing (piped to a text file) reveals an index with less than 7000 entries, none later than about 2pm last Monday. If I try to force a list of *added* entries by looking for "channel patrol", it comes up empty. It looks like either something's screwed up my installation of get_iplayer...
March 17th 17 03:32 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 8
Please recommend a DTT PVR by fred[_3_]
My ageing mum has just moved house to no Sky (and box with record) - DTT only. Please recommend a PVR. I believe I saw one in Tesco at ~ 130. Simplicity of use (not masses of features) is paramount. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 16th 17 09:02 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
23 234
Upgrade on Humax You view box by Dean Jackson
How are users finding the recent menu upgrade that is being introduced to Youview boxes? I much preferred the old menu list system. D.J.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 17 09:28 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
17 306
LLanddona Transmitter BBC Four? by Michael Chare[_5_]
Will the LLanddona transmitter ever be upgraded to transmit BBC Four HD. There is just CBBC HD. -- Michael Chare --- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 17 06:22 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
29 456
SS:GB Pic wobble?. Episode 3 by tony sayer
Is it me or did anyone notice the picture waving about a bit from 3:55 mins in?. It was there on the live broadcast and now on iplayer too?. -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 17 10:36 AM
by Bob[_12_] Go to last post
11 334
Sky doing away with dishes?? by Brian Gaff
I was intrigued by a comment from an expert on one of these late night phone ins the other day about the great plan for Sky is to be completely internet based in a few years, thus no dish will be needed. Does this not in effect make them a cable company? If they do go this route, where would that leave freesat? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 10th 17 10:45 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
87 665
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 241 to 260 of 19580