Post New Thread
Olympics by Woody[_5_]
Does anyone know what the BBC is using for links back to the UK? When doing live interviews with reporters out there the delay seems very short so I would assume not satellite. Fibre? Also, can someone explain to me why they had to send local reporters (i.e. Tayna Arnold* from Look North Leeds)? *On CIN one year Harry Gration said 'and now over to Tanya in Sheffield..' and the subtitle came...
August 22nd 16 03:14 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
7 201
ITV playing games by Phi
Don't be alarmed if you can't get access to ITV channels from 9.30 am on Saturday, as they're going off air for a very good reason. For one hour, the broadcaster is turning off ALL of its seven channels in a bid to shift us from our sofas. Instead, they're hoping that we go and exercise to celebrate the Rio Olympics - and that's exactly the message that those who tune into the channels will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 21st 16 09:51 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
26 299
ffmpeg and VLC versus 50fps by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've started experimenting with using the hvfhd method for fetching HD video from the iplayer. (Using gip.) This seems to work quickly and well except for one problem. The files I get are 1280x720 image size, as was the case for when I used older methods. But the video is now 50fps rather than 25fps. Some of the files play OK with VLC as normal. But others produce no sound output. ffmprobe...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 21st 16 12:35 PM
by Pete Forman[_2_] Go to last post
20 303
Convert set of PNG files to MPG, MP4 or AVI file by NY
A bit of a long shot... I have a Super 8 home movie which was converted to an AVI file. However every third frame is a merger of fields from two adjacent frames, so if the frames in the original film were numbered 1 2 3 4 5 etc then the video has 1, 2, 3+4, 4, 5, 6+7, 7, 8, 9+10, etc. I want to remove the combined frames from the AVI file. I've found some software (Prism, by NCH) which can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 16 08:36 PM
by Dave W Go to last post
15 229
Women's Gymnastics by Seymour Prat
I thought the BBC's presentation of the beam events were very poor.
August 17th 16 11:57 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 154
Amy comments, Bill - Romanian bus driver story by NY
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1596067/british-bus-driver-refused-job-and-told-firm-are-hiring-romanians-only/ Stand back and light blue touch paper. I think Bill may self-combust :-) I thought discrimination acts made it illegal to advertise for (or make apparent to applicants during the recruitment process) that you want someone from a specific ethnic background or of a specific gender. If...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 16 10:00 AM
by NY Go to last post
14 251
TOT uploading pictures by Me
Can anyone help? I want to put up some pix on the web from my Box/Dropbox accounts which I can then link to. I've seen it done in this group but each time I try it gives access to the entire account, not just the pix. I'm obviousy doing something wrong but what? Baffled, Bristol.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 16th 16 06:48 PM
by Roger Mills[_2_] Go to last post
12 227
Copied from UK.Legal by Phi
The BBC is to spy on internet users in their homes by deploying a new generation of Wi-Fi detection vans to identify those illicitly watching its programmes online. The Telegraph can disclose that from next month, the BBC vans will fan out across the country capturing information from private Wi-Fi networks in homes to "sniff out" those who have not paid the licence fee. The corporation has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 16th 16 10:56 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
182 945
Anouther thought oh curing auto switching on my Humax recorder set up. by Mick IOW
Hi all, I am sorry if I have asked this before, only I am still confused about this? I have a SAMSUNG UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" TV, with two Humax recorder boxes connected. When the 2nd recorder a HDR-FOX T2 is set for a scheduled recording it, switches the TV, to it. When we used Scart leads we could remove the pin 8 and this would stop
August 16th 16 08:44 AM
by Mick IOW Go to last post
5 192
Funai combo by Bill Ward[_2_]
I'm looking for a Funai Combo VCR/DVD before they depart this world. Funai seem not to have a place in the UK market now. http://funai.eu/hdd-dvd/wd6d-m100,id-30 Would the model from Germany work straight out of the box in the UK with a continental adapter? http://tinyurl.com/zn7yvyq I have a Toshiba RD-XV48DTKB that chews up tapes and the recorded picture on its HD is very poor. Bill.
August 14th 16 09:01 AM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
5 186
is it just me? by Brian Gaff
Have the bbc gone completely overboard on Olympic coverage? You seem to get it no matter what station you watch or listen to. Also despite the bbc trying to put a positive spin on all of it, I get the impression that a lot of the people over there are disgruntled and bad tempered as if they had just dropped several tenners down a drain hole. I thought it was all supposed to be happiness...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 12th 16 03:43 PM
by Ian Go to last post
27 339
Panasonic program pixelation problem. by Gordon Lloyd
I have a Panasonic Freesat Plasma tv model TX-P50G10B and a Panasonic Freesat Blue-ray disc recorder model DMR-BS850EB, the recorder also has a hard drive and two separate satellite inputs. For the past few weeks both the tv and the recorder are having a problem with just one channel, 119 ITV HD, it keeps breaking up on both sound and vision with blocky pixelation and sound dropping out, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
14 3,855
classical music TV channel by Bill Wright[_3_]
Why isn't there a BBC TV channel devoted to classical music? After all, those us who have the maturity of taste and intelligence to appreciate classical music are in general the ones who are the most productive, and thus generate the most wealth, so in effect we are giving the poor people the money to buy their TV licences by the trickle down process. As it is we are poorly served by the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 11th 16 10:22 PM
by J. P. Gilliver (John) Go to last post
35 351
New Freeview channels? by Max Demian
My Humax HDR-Fox T2 is badgering me to retune, "In order to continue to receive all the channels available in your area." Is there anything new of significance? I don't see anything at http://www.terrestrialtv.co.uk/ and I don't want to retune unnecessarily as I would have to reenter all my reservations (among other things). -- Max Demian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 16 07:33 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
163 1,009
OT the blonde and the two blacks by Bill Wright[_3_]
I had to laugh. BBC TV news last night, main item was the increase in anti-terrorist police activity. So they showed the police stopping a blonde white woman to find out if she was a terrorist and then they interviewed three members of the public to ask what they thought about the terrorists. The first two were not white. So the BBC want us to think that anyone could be a terrorist and the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 16 06:18 PM
by ARW Go to last post
60 412
telephone masts by Brian Gaff
There seems to be a sudden surge in these 'monopole mastes 12 m high with associated equipment cabinets' being put up around this part of London. I'd have thought there were quite enough of these by now and did wonder how all of this, presumably 4g stuff might affect the tuners in many sets which have not had problems in the past. One assumes that the coverage is not good enough to play...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 6th 16 11:00 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
40 409
[OT] Bargain clock by pinnerite
We were in Borehamwood a few days ago and spotted Lidl. My wife spotted some Hydrangeas and leapt in. I followed remembering that they often have some amazing bargains of things I never need. I spotted some small boxes in in bin and picked one up. Radio=Controlled Alarm clock it said in English and German on the box. I needed one as the LCD screen on mine is now useless in darkness. At...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 4th 16 06:18 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
47 323
re-tuning the Humax by Bill Wright[_3_]
The Humax DTT box in the kitchen is quite new. It has software bugs. It took me a long time to find out what to do about one of them. This was after having downloaded new software on a dongle, which fixed most things. The one it didn't fix was that if the machine was recording it wouldn't respond to the remote, or the on/off button on the top panel. It couldn't be brought out of standby in...
August 1st 16 02:38 PM
by pamela Go to last post
6 155
Freeview re-tune: BBC1 = Channel 1 now, not 101, etc. etc by Maurice[_3_]
Just done a Freeview auto-tune here near Lymington, Hants, and was suprised to find that BBC1 was no longer 101, but 1. (BBC2= 2, etc). ("101 Not available...") Yet the Radio Rimes shows the former 101, 102,etc. Anyone knnow what's going on? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 1st 16 06:36 AM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
30 407
The lying BBC - now energy by Ash Burton
On 24/07/2016 14:04, John Williamson wrote: On 24/07/2016 13:24, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote: In message , MKF writes: "J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in message ... Not that nuclear power _doesn't_ have its dangers; just that, IMO,
August 1st 16 05:28 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
7 108
Post New Thread