Post New Thread
Amazon Echo skills by Brian Gaff
I wonder if anyone is going to make an Amazon Echo skill that via the smart internet connection on your telly or pvr you can simply ask Alexa to set up a recording of I'm a celebrity kill me today at 10 tonight etc? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
January 29th 17 02:05 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 217
Smelly Tellies by Brian Gaff
No not smellivision as in aromas generated to match the content, this is the smell of new TVs. I was round somebody's house the other day and smelt this strange smell, one known to me from many years ago when old valve tellies were getting too hot and melting something important. Charred carbon resistor and hot smelly transformers. he claimed to not smell it, but I traced it to his TV, a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 17 09:21 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
13 227
Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers? by Java Jive[_2_]
As per subject. I've tried searching their site, but unfortunately it's the usual over-engineered, under-tested pile of sh*te - for example ... You can search for stores within a given radius of your postcode, six stores came up for me. You follow the link for the first one to find what's on offer. No sat dish, so you click 'back', but now the search page has lost the f*king postcode (yet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 17 08:04 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
18 291
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 Launch 5:54:39 pm tonight by Adrian Caspersz
Flinging more things into space, and ... http://www.spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/spacex_iridium1_press_kit.pdf "following stage separation, the first stage of Falcon 9 will attempt a landing on the 'Just Read the Instructions' droneship that will be stationed in the Pacific Ocean" Webcast is live 20 minutes before launch.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 17 11:09 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
29 519
dialogue on some programmes by Brian Gaff
Now I'm not an Eastenders view/listener, but had it running while waiting for Spy in the wild. last night. The dialogue was from OK to mumble aand background noise, while the AD track was always very loud. Is it always this way? I'd have thought that by now having been running so long the sound engineers could have done better? In case you are wondering about the perverse reason for a blind...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 17 08:11 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
15 199
Sherlock by Scott[_2_]
Does anyone share my view that the the scriptwriters followed the story more accurately, there be be no market for 'spoilers'?
January 20th 17 09:13 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
5 159
Recording to a flash drive by Pinnerite
One of my friends has a 40 inch 'smart' Samsung TV. It offers recording facilities via a USB socket. I told them that it should be possible to record to a flash drive. Now that 128GB drives have reached reasonable prices, it seems a practical proposition. The trouble is the spec. One pundit wrote that USB 3.0 drives wouldn't work on a USB 2.0 TV socket.
January 20th 17 03:47 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
7 226
BBC Watchdog Scaremongering by Adrian Caspersz
Number of programs watched this season: 5 Number of shoes needed to be retrieved from behind TV: 5 -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 19th 17 09:33 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
28 376
Pointless BBC Scheduling by Brian Gaff
Ah thus confirming what I've always thought. Scheduling consists of tossing a whole series up in the air and running them as they fall to earth. meanwhile the team adjoined to the pub. Is this series not made by a company with a name that sounds like a headache pill in any case? Brian -- ----- -
January 19th 17 09:29 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 216
Mel Giedroyc by Phi
I see the ubiquitous lady is moving up the ladder rapidly now. The BBC has found a cost efficient icon to splash around. Good luck to her, she's been making the tea long enough.
January 16th 17 10:33 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
5 193
TV wall brackets - possibly dumb question by David[_14_]
Do the screws which fix the TV to the bracket usually come with the bracket or the TV? Trading in our camper, but keeping the TV, and not sure if the screws go with the bracket or stay with the TV. Cheers Dave R
January 15th 17 07:45 PM
by Adrian Caspersz Go to last post
7 184
Who decides about what to AD? by Brian Gaff
I ask as there seems no particular logic to it. The program on Bones needed it but did not have it. Last night a film on Film 4 called The frogmen, an old war film had it, but more modern films on there don't have it. I think the old Avengers could do with it for the new viewers, but it does not have it, likewise a lot of the new US series on the five channels do not have it, but some do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 14th 17 09:47 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
39 457
Redesign I player more like Netflicks? by Brian Gaff
What is the bbc board wibbling about? If they change it yet again so many smart tellies blind people and people who expect things to just work will be incensed they will get buried under complaints, unless they mean a subscription model to watch catch up, that is going to be very 'popular' Im sure, pass the Russian hacked downloader. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 17 07:17 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
15 338
crimping F-connectors by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I have in the past just used screw-on F-connectors but I would like to try crimping. I have a reel of what I thought was CT100 cable but wikipedia suggests that CT100 was a brand and says that it is no longer made because the manufacturer closed down. I have been looking at cheap crimp tools and they claim to work with rg59, rg6, etc. What is the rg-equivalent or nearest equivalent...
January 13th 17 04:09 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
1 107
Query about Slingboxes, HDMI, component video & Humax by Tim+[_4_]
We bought a Slingbox the other day. Seemed like a good idea at the time as we're probably going to be in France this summer during the Tour de France and thought it would be nice to watch the commentary and recordings on U.K. television from our Humax HDR Fox T2. It was only when I looked at the back of the Slingbox and noticed the absence of an HDMI input that I realised that we'd be limited to...
January 13th 17 01:09 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
0 207
Flying Scotsman on the Severn Valley Railway by Bill Wright[_3_]
Who amongst my brethren here could identify the transmission sites visible on this excellent film? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 17 07:13 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
11 312
St Nigel (OT) by Bill Wright[_3_]
Just starting on LBC: Nigel Farage Show 732 on Freeview Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 11th 17 05:19 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
20 365
Remotes by Woody[_5_]
I have recently acquired a Humax Freesat HB1000S and a HDR-FoxT2 PVR. They are in the same room and their remotes interact. Does anyone know if there is a way around this problem or will I have to swap my sat Rx back to a Sky multi-room box? -- Woody
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 17 10:30 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
13 193
Any way to get an alert for a particular episode? by Phil Reynolds
Is there any way to get an alert as to when a particular episode of a TV series is due to be shown? (using either the Internet or facilities on a Sky+ HD box to get the alert) It is an episode of "Heartbeat", for which I have the title and the series and episode numbers, but it is rarely shown, usually only on "graveyard shift" showings. (The High Life, S12E15) Any ideas how I might finally get...
January 9th 17 05:52 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 200
Urgent police request for Samsung 42" rear projection televisons,functionality does not matter for house fire reconstruction by [email protected]co.uk
Hi, West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction. As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened but need a specific Samsung TV. They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF. Anyone who...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 17 05:21 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
17 236