Post New Thread
This Week in SD by Bill Wright[_2_]
Tonight's 'This Week' was in SD on BBC1 HD. It isn't usually, is it? I'm sure I would have noticed. It looked really odd, with little 'ringing' effects. It looked terrible straight after QT, which was in glorious HD. Bill
March 8th 13 04:15 PM
by PeterC Go to last post
6 155
LV by Brian Gaff
Not heard of them for years. What is lv now then.# I also have a chuckle when I hear of ball technology in vaccuum cleners, as I have a very fertile mind about such things. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active "Davey" wrote in message
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 8th 13 12:59 AM
by S Viemeister[_2_] Go to last post
28 408
Power glitches can be a good thing. by Ian Field
A couple of days ago there was some sort of power disturbance that left a DAB radio needing to be unplugged & plugged back in again to restart it, a couple of electronic battery chargers had restarted their charge cycle, my Humax PVR was pretty confused & needed a full rescan for channels - the Digifusion was pretty much wiped. After several attempts to retune, which is not easy because it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 8th 13 12:01 AM
by Ian Go to last post
11 322
Bus-ted? by Brian Gaff
The dangers of mounting dishes too low down. I overheard a conversation between a local person and his mate, obviously from some other part of the suburbs. It appears that he has his dish on the front of his house, and all has been well until they introduced double decker busses on the route which stops outside his house. These houses have more of a glorified window box at the front...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 7th 13 09:32 AM
by Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Go to last post
22 380
ALSA for audio by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've added the digital-tv group to this as someone there may be able to clear up points I'm not sure about!... n article , Davey wrote: On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 20:00:06 +0000 Davey wrote: Did some more experimenting, now more confused than ever. The Hauppauge acted even less noticeably than the EZCap, there was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 7th 13 08:35 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
49 563
Losing Channels by stuart
Unlurk A brilliant read here on Bill's channel but now I'd like some help! I have an old Fortec Star sat Rx which I use on Hotbird to watch the RAI channels. A while ago I lost some channels and assumed it was to do with snow on the dish or perhaps snow on a nearby tree but now I've rescanned and lost all the channels I watch! I noticed yesterday that the scan seems to stop suddenly half way...
March 6th 13 07:10 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
7 179
Digitial Distress... by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Bill Wright wrote: wrote: On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:55:16 +0000 (GMT), Jim Lesurf wrote: I've now put up an extended article on the 4G problem at http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/RadioAndTV/4G/jamming.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 6th 13 06:13 AM
by J. P. Gilliver (John) Go to last post
30 523
http://at800.tv by Graham.[_2_]
"Nemo" casually mentioned http://at800.tv in the "Filters according to Frequencycast" thread. I thought it could do with a thread of it's own. First impression, they seem to have nicked their slogan from an NHS cancer awareness campaign. (There is probably a joke about mastectomy somewhere). The domain name and logo is going to be meaningless to the public. So, are we going to provide a rival...
March 6th 13 03:40 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 222
The evil of the unions: remember those absurd mimes on TOTP? by Bill Wright[_2_]
From the biography of Johnny Pearson In 1966 the all-powerful Musicians’ Union had banned pop stars from miming to their records. This meant that artists either had to pre-record their numbers especially or perform live with the Top Of The Pops Orchestra, an assembly of jobbing musicians more accustomed to easy-listening arrangements for crooners like Matt Monro and Des O’Connor. As...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 5th 13 08:11 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
35 675
Advice needed by Davey
TV: Toshiba LCD, 2 years old. Location: Within about 30 miles of Tacolneston. Problem: Sometimes, usually in the afternoon rather than the evening, Ch. 10, ITV3 will lose video. It will just show a load of horizontal coloured bars. Audio is unaffected. The built-in signal monitor shows "100%/Good", if that means anything. Same as all the other channels. A re-scan may fix it, for a few minutes. An...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 4th 13 12:42 PM
by Davey Go to last post
244 2,441
Penguins spy in the huddle by sintv[_2_]
I seem to be watching the same part again of this prog that was on at the beginning
March 3rd 13 09:59 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 163
Petition against NHS sell off. by Ian Field
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/nhs-section-75-share1?utm_expid=21701501-38
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 3rd 13 06:18 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
26 408
Top Gear - obvious canned laughter by Ian Jackson[_2_]
I've just seen the very end of tonight's Top Gear (prior to watching Dad's Army). Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond were standing in front of a car, discussing its shortcomings etc. Behind them all were standing a fair-sized 'audience' of onlookers. It was very obvious that hardly any of the audience were even smiling - let alone laughing. Despite this, there was lots of loud...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 2nd 13 10:16 PM
by alan Go to last post
177 2,698
Out of the shadows and into the light. by Ian Field
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-privatisation-plan-stopped-health-1734326
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 2nd 13 03:48 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
29 521
TOT explain this by Bill Wright[_2_]
Two desk computers, side by side, both on same internet connection. Go to Google on both. Type Tesco on both. Home page appears on both. In search thingy type 'crisp and dry' on both. LH machine finds the 1 litre bottle only. RH machine finds the 1L and 2L bottle. Repeat the experiment several times. Same result every time. Do everything possible to get the LH machine to find the 2L bottle....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 13 09:43 PM
by alan Go to last post
28 405
LV by Woody[_5_]
"Davey" wrote in message ... Who else thinks of Luncheon Vouchers when that darned LV advert comes on the box? Are they still in use any more? -- Davey.
February 27th 13 06:32 PM
by Who, me? Go to last post
7 142
Test channel on freeview by Brian Gaff
What is this for, and no smart answers as its obvious that its a test of something. Its up in the 700s are, so I guess its radio related?? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
February 27th 13 06:25 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 3,080
Satellite v Freeview by rbel[_2_]
From a consumer's perspective does satellite viewing have any advantages over Freeview other than a wider selection of stations? Is it less prone to interference/reception problems? -- rbel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 13 11:00 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
94 1,986
BBC Two HD by Scott[_2_]
I see the BBC Two high definition channel is to be launched on 26 March: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/bbc-two-hd.html As I understand it, this is to be a single version for the whole UK without opt-outs for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. What is the logic behind this? If BBC One Scotland is shown in HD (in Scotland) and STV is shown in HD in Scotland, why not BBC Two...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 13 09:00 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
73 759
I normally like Sony products but... by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have a Sony portable DAB/FM/CD machine in the kitchen. I've never bothered with the FM reception because I just use DAB and CD. But I like to listen to Howard Leader on Sundays (BBC Lincs) so I thought I'd connect the radio to an aerial. On the roof is a 6-ele FM aerial pointing at Belmont. It drags in a BBC Lincs signal that's 40dB below the Holme Moss signals getting into the aerial via...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 13 08:53 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
40 738