Post New Thread
NUJ Look North peculiarity by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dunno if anyone can cast light on this. My PVR is set to series link Look North. The aerial is on Emley Moor. On the day of the strike it didn't record. It's never failed before. Paul came round today and said, "Hey, we got that Peter Levy on Look North last night." His aerial is on Emley Moor as well. "Oh. We didn't get it all; at least it wasn't recorded on t'gadget." "Funny innit? Fancy a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 1st 13 08:09 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
29 479
OT how about.. by Brian Gaff
Kelvin-Helmholtz viscous interaction That off topic enough?-- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
March 31st 13 07:17 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
1 128
A new DAB ensemble has launched........ by Stephen H[_2_]
A new DAB ensemble has launched, HBB & Northants on 10D on the 28th March 2013. It has 7 radio stations on it at the moment HBB stands for Herts, Beds & Bucks. The ensemble covers Herts, Beds, Bucks and Northants. It was supposed to be two separate ensembles, 10C for Northants and 10D
March 30th 13 08:50 PM
by Stephen H[_2_] Go to last post
0 153
CSI. by Ian Field
Which CSI series has the actor that teamed up with Will Smith in Independence Day? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 30th 13 02:12 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
11 366
Freeview links to the Internet by naffer
With my new Smart TV I have been exploring some of the more weird channels. Example: At #235 on Freeview there is a channel that links via my router to a "religious" channel. I have reasons to have this site looked at by Ofcom. Is this way of broadcasting is a TV prog. or internet link ? (Please:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 30th 13 02:03 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
23 517
BBC2 HD by Roger Mills[_2_]
I gather that, as from tomorrow, the BBC HD channel will become BBC2 HD and will shadow BBC2 SD - and will presumably no longer carry selected BBC3 and BBC4 programmes. Will I need to re-tune the HD mux on my Humax HDR-FOX-T2? Will series recordings which I have set up for BBC HD (mainly BBC2) still work? -- Cheers, Roger ____________
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 30th 13 08:19 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
40 704
anyone know what this is about? by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/photo.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 29th 13 09:21 PM
by Clive Go to last post
21 408
CSI last night by Brian Gaff
Well, they obviously thought the plot line of a possible dog mauling to death was still showable despite the news yesterday then? Not that it was of course guilty in the end. I do feel that this episode was a little bit of a filler. Most of the new series have been quite interesting but this one.. well, lets just say I was not impressed. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 13 08:26 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
14 353
BBC News Channel by Derek F[_3_]
Twice tonight as news items ended we were told that we would next be getting news from your region. First time it was meet the author and the next time a review of tomorrows papers. I notice the same thing last Sunday. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 13 02:16 AM
by Clive Go to last post
12 383
Who says the BBC don't have a sense of humour? by Richard Tobin
"BBC News has asked the local education authority what guidance it gives schools about shapes of foodstuffs and whether the school would be seeking to ban other triangular items, such as wedges of pizza." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-21923218 -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 13 07:17 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
19 322
Quality Soldering Iron by Geoff Pearson
For a long time I used a Henley Solon soldering iron (25W I think) but that broke after 20 years. What do people reckon is a quality replacement capable of fine soldering on PCBs and so on? Geoff
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 13 11:03 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
22 1,807
4G interference test locations by [email protected]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21788339 "On Monday at800 will begin live trials in the West Midland, temporarily activating 4G masts in Cradley Heath and Rowley Regis, to gauge exactly how many households are affected"
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 13 04:07 PM
by Paul Cummins[_4_] Go to last post
29 766
Ch 4 attempting to cover Yahoo hack by Brian Gaff
With so much dumbing down it was pretty pointless bothering. The first time this started to occur was before Christmas, probably a dry run. the latest one is much bigger but in the piece on their news last night they completely failed to point out that the affected people were not just Yahoo customers, as it was the intention to use the address books and linked names of the hacked online ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 26th 13 03:49 PM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
12 289
CCTV for the elderly. by [email protected]
Grandparents had a con-man sniffing around today, but they aren't daft and so he was shoed away, and the police were called. But as they are getting more vulnerable, maybe it is time for some CCTV around the house. Has anyone any experience with a suitable system for a couple who are technically disinterested, and eyesight is not what it was? There is no internet access, so no fancy remote...
6 204
PAT testing for stage use by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have some stage props that are made of wood and are about 3ft wide, 3ft high, and 18inches from front to back. They contain 12V rechargeable batteries and two enclosed halogen lights (12W). Other than that they are empty boxes. There is no mains connection. Do these items need PAT testing? Does anyone have experience of dealing with fire officers about such matters? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 24th 13 10:57 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
20 626
Great Continental Rail Journeys. by Derek F[_3_]
They are not marked as repeats but all are familiar.Are they a compilations from an earlier series? Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 24th 13 04:18 PM
by Ian Go to last post
31 585
4G filter measurement by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've just done a quick measurement on the SAC AE5100 filter that I bought from CPC as a "4G filter". Results at... http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/temp/AE5100.png I wonder how representitive this will be of all the other filters that will now doubtless flood onto the market... Not an encouraging thought... Slainte,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 24th 13 10:46 AM
by J. P. Gilliver (John) Go to last post
140 3,523
Nickel Zinc rechargeable batteries report. by [email protected]
(I posted this in uk.d-i-y but thought it might be of some use to people in here) Hello all, I have a compact digital camera - Fujifilm Finepix E550 which runs on two AA sized batteries. I gave up using single-use cells with it due to the cost, and have been using NiMH cells. Whilst these are useful in many applications,I find that they are pretty poor for the camera as they only return around...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 24th 13 08:33 AM
by John Legon Go to last post
72 1,211
BBC News - Reduction in size of rolling news headlines by Ian Jackson[_2_]
My wife is complaining about the reduction of the size of the font on the BBC News rolling news headlines. They are now about a quarter of what they were, and are even smaller than the normal subtitles (which she relies on). I note that Sky News, Al Jazeera and Russia Today also have the same small font. Were they always like this, or is it something they've all done in unison? -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 23rd 13 11:33 PM
by Ian Go to last post
25 579
Humax TV by Dave Plowman (News)
Have a Humax LU23-TD2 LCD TV in the kitchen - bought because it fitted a space, hence the unusual for the time size of 24". About 5 years old. The digital tuner has failed, but everything else seems ok. Tried an auto tune, and it went through the analogue tuning then stopped when it changed to digital. Any clues? Are spares and schematics available or is it the usual throw away type fault? --
March 23rd 13 09:21 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
5 367
Post New Thread