Post New Thread
Galloping horses at the funeral by Bill Wright[_2_]
Not real ones; a phone in someone's pocket as Dimbleby wound the programme up. Bill
April 17th 13 05:22 PM
by NY Go to last post
7 269
4G interfernce - You and Yours on Wednesday by Paul D Smith[_2_]
According to You and Yours this Monday lunchtime, they will be discussing 4G interference to Freeview on Wednesday's show. If you have evidence of interference, you might want to contact them. Paul DS.
April 17th 13 04:57 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
6 267
Why are we here? by Bill Wright[_2_]
This is supposed to be about digital TV. We have had hundreds of posts about politics in the last few days, yet when I offered up my thoughts about the polar response of tv aerials there were about four replies, mostly concerned only with the typos. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 17th 13 02:48 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
71 1,196
Resolutions of channels for Granada region - Winter Hill by Whiffy[_2_]
I've found this webpage which shows resolutions of channels for Freeview but its for the London area. http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?live=9&mux=BBCA&liste=2&lang=en Can anyone find me a webpage that shows resolutions/bitrates for each channel for the Granada region from the Winter Hill transmitter?
April 17th 13 01:25 AM
by Whiffy[_2_] Go to last post
4 381
PSB and COM acronyms mean? by [email protected]
Does PSB mean Public Service Broadcasting? I couldn't find a webpage to confirm this but wikipedia had it only in lower case. Does COM mean commercial? if so why is it all in upper case?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 16th 13 05:55 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
21 576
Digital Aerials again by Brian Gaff
I was listening to Smooth radio on and off this morning and it seems from the texts being read out, as far as freeview was concerned, this digital aerial stuff is still confusing people big time. The presenter happened to say that he was having some issues with reception, since a recent retune and was told he needed a digital aerial. He said why now as I've been getting all the digital...
April 16th 13 02:51 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 162
PVRs: naive question, but this is the right group by Another John
I hesitate to ask this of you guys, since I may get answers that I don't comprehend, but ... I'm looking to replace our PVR, which is a Wharfedale 160TRHDMI, bought about 5 years ago. The reason for replacement is that (thanks to another discussion I raised on this group some months ago) I suspect it of being the weak link in our digital chain, the TV being a pretty new Sony with its own...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 15th 13 09:27 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
67 1,092
myhumax.org by Roger Mills[_2_]
Anyone else having problems accessing the forums (or anything for that matter!) on the myhumax.org site? -- Cheers, Roger ____________ Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom checked.
April 15th 13 04:54 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
7 305
"Dirty" LCD screens? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Watching the Masters last night I noticed what seemed to be some strange patterns on screen. Hooking up a PC and putting solid colours on screen revealed that the problem is the screen in an odd way - anyone else experienced this? Basically it seems that the backlight/LCD panel is effectively a box with the light (a tube I'm guessing) lighting a white back panel forming the back of the box...
April 15th 13 01:55 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
2 283
why... by R. Mark Clayton
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... Why does my phone always have a burst of transmission when I connect it to the charger? Why should it do that? You don't say which model, however many phones assume they are in a car when plugged in and so change the transmission parameters. GSM and 3G phones often converse with their base...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 13 12:46 AM
by Paul Cummins[_4_] Go to last post
18 516
4G TV disruption tests to start in London by Rick[_10_]
"Nearly 200,000 addresses in south-east London could see their digital TV signal disrupted next week as work begins to test the impact of new 4G mobile phone networks." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/9983647/4G-TV-disruption-tests-to-start-in-London.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 14th 13 06:03 PM
by Paul Cummins[_4_] Go to last post
12 1,383
Gain spectrum measurements by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've just been experimenting with a quicker and easier way to do 'gain' vs frequency measurements using a noise source and the FUNCube. First results are at http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/temp/AE5100.png for anyone interested. I'll write this up in detail when I've finished experimenting. But basically I'm doing two things. A) Make a noise source from a chain of 3 20dB wideband amps as the...
April 14th 13 03:23 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
0 216
Directional properties of UHF tv aerials by Bill Wright[_2_]
I don't normally bring my published works to the attention of this group (my well-known innate modesty forbids it) but I thought the following pages might be of interest to some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 14th 13 12:12 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
16 410
White Spaces!.... by tony sayer
Looks like more of the UHF broadcast band might be compromised;!... http://www.cambridgewireless.co.uk/docs/Cambridge%20White%20Spaces%20Tri al%20-%20technical%20findings-with%20higher%20res%20pics.pdf -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 13th 13 08:24 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
204 3,651
Digital byte famine by Brian Gaff
I just wonder if several tv channels on the same multiplex transmitted a picture of an old analogue tv displaying noise, would there be pixelisation pretty fast. I imagine the current system depends on the actual changes between frames as being fairly minimal most of the time in order to stay working in a viewable way. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
April 13th 13 05:59 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
7 258
Free SAT/DTTV/Audio Magazine by madge
http://www.tele-audiovision.com/eng/ Current magazine download link http://magazine.tele-audiovision.com/eng/TELE-audiovision-1303.pdf -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices |
April 13th 13 09:36 AM
by Andy Burns[_8_] Go to last post
2 260
4G won't be a problem at all by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/4G%20won%27t%20be%20a%20problem%20at%20all.jpg The same article has a frequency chart that misses off UHF TV and has FM colour coded to 30 to 800MHz. The piece is by Nic Fildes. Anyone know how to find his email address? I wouldn't mind sending him a short message. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 13 02:06 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
19 417
BBC2 movie Invaders from Mars Aspect ratio SD vs HD by David[_9_]
Just got the above movie on Freesat on 102 ratio is 16x9 but on 109 it is 4x3 with black bans at sides. TV is set to AUTO aspect ratio. How are the BBC getting things messed up? Doe no one do quality control? Regards David
April 12th 13 06:33 AM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
4 377
CRT adjustments. by [email protected]
Hello all, Maybe a bit OT, but it's still DTV... I have an 'old' Toshiba CRT widescreen which seems not to show the entire broadcast picture (overscan?) Those hideous channel logos are either right on the edge of the screen, or sliding off all together. On LCD screens, they are well within the screen boundaries. So, is it possible to adjust the screen on the CRT to show the full picture? On...
April 11th 13 04:36 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 282
Video nomenclature. by [email protected]
When t'experts are talking about video streams as being 4:0:0 or 4:2:2 and the like, what does this mean?!
April 11th 13 01:42 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
5 271
Post New Thread