Post New Thread
Scottish invasion? by Davey
The Channel 4 showing of the Formula 1 Grand Prix Qualifying today repeatedly showed subtitles as "saltire" for the spoken "soft tyre". This is not a normal mistake, so what's going on? -- Davey.
October 1st 16 07:00 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 102
Colour programmes made in black and white during strike by NY
There are various cases (eg A Family at War) where a series that was normally made in colour has some episodes that were made in black and white due to a technicians' strike. Would the programme have been made using the normal colour cameras and edited on the normal VTRs, but converted to monochrome as a protest when the master was made? Or did the strike-breaking technicians actually have...
September 30th 16 07:55 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
7 148
bit of fun at moel-y-parc by tony sayer
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/moel-y-parc- transmitting-station--11936300 -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 16 04:19 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
16 208
What is missing.. by Brian Gaff
Is component tv/audio like we used to get for hi fi. I was reminded of this when I heard an advert by Samsung for their new range of TVs, all, apparently, having a nice voice on the menus and program guide to help the older person and those with poor sight use them. Ah the old grey pound wheeze again you see. I can only applauded them for it of course, but I got to thinking when I poked...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 16 10:03 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 210
I walked with a Zombie by Phi
.....between two doses of Keith Richards' lost weekend on BBC4 today (sat)
September 24th 16 09:05 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 141
BBC and flash player by Peter Crosland
I notice that flash is no longer needed for BBC sites. Long overdue. -- Peter Crosland Reply address is valid
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 24th 16 07:17 PM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
18 248
Oh dear me by Phi
The BBC fell 10m short of the amount of money required to keep The Great British Bake Off, BBC News understands. The corporation is thought to have offered 15m per year to keep the programme on the BBC. That would have been double the amount the BBC currently pays for the show and its sister programmes such as An Extra Slice and the Sport Relief specials.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 22nd 16 10:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
42 395
Surround sound and normal TV by Adrian Caspersz
I've just noticed a few entertainment shows (like Pointless, Dragon Den etc...) feature surround sound. Why? -- Adrian C
September 21st 16 09:16 AM
by Ken[_5_] Go to last post
6 177
BT Sport by Norman Wells[_6_]
Having just moved to BT because Demon my erstwhile ISP decided to drop its email service as part of an 'upgrade', I've now got BT Sport, only it's totally unwatchable because there's a stuttttter every few seconds whenever I watch it. My friend Google seems to think it's a common problem, but no-one has much idea how to fix it, at least not as far as I'm concerned. I was just wondering if...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 20th 16 10:23 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
36 195
Why do bbc need so many channels? by Brian Gaff
If you look at I player for bbc 1 and 2 you find an awful lot of the same things on both at different times. Seems to me that unless they have something to fill three channels, getting rid of the repeats and using the space for the bbc4 stuff would be a good idea. They could then use the extra bandwidth during the evening for something else like making local radio into stereo, perhaps. At...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
26 271
SOT - no red button Paralympics info? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Other than a short report on a single day's results, I can't find anything on the BBC text service about the paralympics in Rio. No medal table, for example. Maybe it's because it's Channel Four who are reporting on the Paralympics, rather than the Beeb, but why, when the Beeb went overboard with umpteen Red Button channels for the Olympics, and had pages of results on text, is there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 16th 16 04:16 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
15 326
TV aerial distribution amp by Woody[_5_]
Looks like my Televes miniKom that I have used without problem for maybe a decade or more has given up the ghost. May just be the PSU but in case not..... Can anyone recommend a half decent low gain distro amp with F connectors and possibly separate UHF/FM/DAB inputs and 6 outputs preferably one at full gain. 6dB gain per output port will be more than enough. I am 28 miles from Emley and...
September 14th 16 08:57 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
4 146
Humax pvr "default" channel puzzle by Tim+[_4_]
Our Humax HDR Fox T2 has taken to always showing the red button channel when turned on in the evening. This is particularly puzzling as it's set to NOT power down at night at the moment and I would expect it to just show the last channel viewed the previous evening. I am running the custom firmware but this is set to power up on channel 101. Any thoughts?
September 13th 16 10:27 PM
by Tim+[_4_] Go to last post
2 143
Richer sounds - curate's egg! by David[_13_]
I am in the process of buying a new TV from Richer Sounds. Their phone based customer service is awesome; I rang on branch to check the dimensions but the queue was quite long so I rang another branch. The guy who answered the phone nipped onto the shop floor and measured the TV for me. I happily placed the order on line. A few minutes later the original store rang me back; they had noted...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 16 09:19 PM
by pamela Go to last post
12 208
with regard to tv licence by Brian Gaff
On the bbc I player it seems a bit pointless to just ask if you have a licence and ticking yes allows you to watch stuff. Who is going to click no, honestly? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 11th 16 11:23 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
134 854
Channel 4 HD on Freesat by A.N.Other
Hi all, I usually record C4HD on my PC via WinTV and a DVB-S2 card. For some reason, after the latest re-tune, I seem to have gained C5HD and S4CHD, but have lost C4HD. Has there been some kind of change recently? I have done re-tunes aweek apart, but it's still missing and am not sure how to proceed. TIA for any advice.
September 11th 16 09:48 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 176
Discouraging Aliens by Phi
Charging up lorries to ~10kV to repel boarders.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 11th 16 10:26 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
204 1,125
Upgrade PVR or TV by Bill Ward[_2_]
Can a PVR, VCR or TV be upgraded by having a new tuner fitted? -- Bill.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 11th 16 10:19 AM
by alan_m Go to last post
22 253
Astrolabe or inclinometer? by Andrew Rowland[_2_]
Been to a couple of houses recently surrounded on all sides by tall trees. One in particular was very keen to get Sky and we spent some time looking for locations where a dish might be able to peer through a small gap in the foliage. I used an inclinometer app on my phone, but found it next to impossible to hold it steady at 23.1° while sighting along it to see if we were looking at sky or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 16 04:13 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
47 380
Sky News v BBC News by Bill Wright[_3_]
Sky had a still picture and a witness report of the M20 bridge collapse 25 minutes before the BBC showed anything. Sky also had video just a few minutes after the still picture. I wonder if people are now think of Sky rather than the BBC when they are a witness at a dramatic event. Hmm... Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 16 02:11 PM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
222 1,230