Post New Thread
I were thinkin like by Bill Wright[_2_]
You know, we discuss all sorts of things in this newsgroup, some of them relevant and some of them less so. Over a period of time a picture starts to build up of the main protagonists. It almost like listening to The Archers, but it's actually worse than that because we can hear the voices in that programme. Now look here you guys, you can see a picture of me by looking at my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 3rd 13 06:32 AM
by Y Dangle Go to last post
34 529
Sattelite F connector - RG6? by David.WE.Roberts
Just onto CPC to buy some more screw on male F plugs and found that they listed RG58, RG59, and RG6/100. Now from looking at Wikipedia I think that 58 and 59 are for older cables, and anything modern should take RG6. Just double checking. Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 3rd 13 12:29 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
42 759
Rotating thingies on screen by Davey
What are the odd rotating black&white things that I see occasionally in the upper corners of an afternoon itv program? Titchmarsh seems to have them a lot. If I should know this, sorry, but I don't. -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 2nd 13 11:18 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
52 545
Designed with Bill in mind? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Woody wrote: In theory if there is a significant power shortage they can shed load by selectively switching people off whilst leaving people with a confirmed need for a maintained supply in service. They'd only do it once. After that the net would team with 'how to bypass the meter' ideas.
April 2nd 13 11:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 76
Designed with Bill in mind? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Mike O'Sullivan wrote: Maybe,the cost per prisoner per year in the UK is estimated at 41,000. Gas all convicted criminal and slaughter their progeny. Firm but fair. Bill
April 2nd 13 07:10 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 124
junk mail by Bill Wright[_2_]
Brian Gaff wrote: I had some that did not as well. What is it with these Chinese companies who seem to think you are going to import plastic dustbins or oil drilling equipment, not to mention plastic moulding machines. Brian I sometimes feel like sending a vast order by letter, under an assumed name. Bill
April 2nd 13 07:06 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 123
open all blocked Sites Powerful Proxy Site Free by frooi tyt
open all blocked Sites Powerful Proxy Site Free http://goo.gl/AcBeB
April 2nd 13 02:58 PM
by frooi tyt Go to last post
0 190
Sky+HD box not working with Optima Multiswitch by Ashley Booth[_2_]
I have just fitted a Optima MS508 multiswitch. My FoxSat HD works fine with it but my Sky+HD reports no signal. If I connect a Promax Prodig-5 to either lead from the switch I get a good signal. Also if I bypass the multiswitch and connect the LNB direct to the Sky box it works fine. Any ideas? Ashley
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 13 10:33 AM
by Ashley Booth[_2_] Go to last post
19 1,364
Build my own DSAT radio streaming server by craigsanderson
Hello. I live outside of the UK and can stream BBC Radio2 at 48kb/s AAC+ or if I use some other techniques I can receive the 128kb/s AAC stream as if I were in the UK. In anticipation that these workarounds may not work indefinitely I wish to build my own streaming server located at my parents home in the UK. Since they can receive Radio 2 on satellite at my parents at 192kb/s in rather...
April 2nd 13 05:12 AM
by craigsanderson Go to last post
0 178
NUJ Look North peculiarity by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dunno if anyone can cast light on this. My PVR is set to series link Look North. The aerial is on Emley Moor. On the day of the strike it didn't record. It's never failed before. Paul came round today and said, "Hey, we got that Peter Levy on Look North last night." His aerial is on Emley Moor as well. "Oh. We didn't get it all; at least it wasn't recorded on t'gadget." "Funny innit? Fancy a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 1st 13 08:09 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
29 463
OT how about.. by Brian Gaff
Kelvin-Helmholtz viscous interaction That off topic enough?-- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
March 31st 13 07:17 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
1 124
A new DAB ensemble has launched........ by Stephen H[_2_]
A new DAB ensemble has launched, HBB & Northants on 10D on the 28th March 2013. It has 7 radio stations on it at the moment HBB stands for Herts, Beds & Bucks. The ensemble covers Herts, Beds, Bucks and Northants. It was supposed to be two separate ensembles, 10C for Northants and 10D
March 30th 13 08:50 PM
by Stephen H[_2_] Go to last post
0 150
CSI. by Ian Field
Which CSI series has the actor that teamed up with Will Smith in Independence Day? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 30th 13 02:12 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
11 349
Freeview links to the Internet by naffer
With my new Smart TV I have been exploring some of the more weird channels. Example: At #235 on Freeview there is a channel that links via my router to a "religious" channel. I have reasons to have this site looked at by Ofcom. Is this way of broadcasting is a TV prog. or internet link ? (Please:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 30th 13 02:03 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
23 490
BBC2 HD by Roger Mills[_2_]
I gather that, as from tomorrow, the BBC HD channel will become BBC2 HD and will shadow BBC2 SD - and will presumably no longer carry selected BBC3 and BBC4 programmes. Will I need to re-tune the HD mux on my Humax HDR-FOX-T2? Will series recordings which I have set up for BBC HD (mainly BBC2) still work? -- Cheers, Roger ____________
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 30th 13 08:19 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
40 658
anyone know what this is about? by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/photo.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 29th 13 09:21 PM
by Clive Go to last post
21 391
CSI last night by Brian Gaff
Well, they obviously thought the plot line of a possible dog mauling to death was still showable despite the news yesterday then? Not that it was of course guilty in the end. I do feel that this episode was a little bit of a filler. Most of the new series have been quite interesting but this one.. well, lets just say I was not impressed. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 13 08:26 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
14 339
BBC News Channel by Derek F[_3_]
Twice tonight as news items ended we were told that we would next be getting news from your region. First time it was meet the author and the next time a review of tomorrows papers. I notice the same thing last Sunday. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 13 02:16 AM
by Clive Go to last post
12 374
Who says the BBC don't have a sense of humour? by Richard Tobin
"BBC News has asked the local education authority what guidance it gives schools about shapes of foodstuffs and whether the school would be seeking to ban other triangular items, such as wedges of pizza." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-21923218 -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 13 07:17 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
19 305
Quality Soldering Iron by Geoff Pearson
For a long time I used a Henley Solon soldering iron (25W I think) but that broke after 20 years. What do people reckon is a quality replacement capable of fine soldering on PCBs and so on? Geoff
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 13 11:03 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
22 1,746