Post New Thread
Choosing Panasonic TV by rbel[_2_]
Actively considering replacing existing Panasonic TV with one of these two 42" models. http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-viera-tx-p42gt50b-plasma-hd-1080p-3d-smart-tv-42-inch-with-freesat-freeview-hd/p231568176 http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-viera-tx-l42e6b-led-hd-1080p-smart-tv-42-inch-with-freeview-hd/p231889200?colour=Silver I appreciate that the first is a plasma model with built-in...
April 27th 13 04:56 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,394
dying by Bill Wright[_2_]
The length of time I've been reading this group I've only ever known one person on it die. Do people die and we don't notice? Has anyone noticed any deaths? Or do we have any volunteers? I mean, given that the average age seems to be about 85 I would have thought people would be dropping like ninepins. There's enough moaning about how crap things are now compared to the good old days I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 26th 13 11:04 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
49 907
TV/DVD combi with Freesat? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Customer wants a 32" or similar TV/DVD combi with Freesat HD built-in. Anyone ever seen such a beast? Bill
April 25th 13 11:52 PM
by Ian Go to last post
6 6,567
Margaret Thatcher by Steve Terry[_2_]
Bill Wright wrote: What a splendid person she was! I'm greatly saddened by her death. Bill So are her entourage of bodyguards who will now have to be redeployed Of the hundreds of industries destroyed by her policies the one i have the most resentment over was the breaking up of nationalised Inmos and it's invention of the Transputer, putting computer hardware back 20 years.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 25th 13 01:16 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
74 1,361
Sound bars by Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]
Has anybody used a TV sound bar, and has any opinions as to quality?
April 25th 13 05:47 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 230
OT C9 Sony video by Brian Gaff
Yes, a Betamax video. Only it won't load tapes. anyone got a long memory of what cuases this rather unfortunate fault? I have a shed load of betamax tapes I thought I'd see what was on them. Bloody heavy machine it is too. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email.
April 25th 13 05:45 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 295
700MHz consultation by [email protected]
Here we go... http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/700mhz-cfi/summary/UHF_SI_call_for_inputs.pdf
April 24th 13 03:49 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 256
My prediction comes true by Bill Wright[_2_]
Some time ago in this hallowed forum I predicted that DIY TV aerials would appear after DSO. These would be omnidirectional. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/WP_000029.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 23rd 13 07:20 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
23 720
Not just a digital TV aerial... by David.WE.Roberts
......but an HD Digital TV Aerial. http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/655415.xml " Full HD Indoor Aerial Amplified indoor antenna for superb reception of Full HD television, DVB-T television and DAB radio
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 23rd 13 08:21 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
24 395
Is anyone getting 4G problems from Crystal Palace by Jim
I get my feed from Crystal Palace and so far I have had no issue with any 4G interference I was just wondering what others on the same transmitter experience has been so far?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 22nd 13 04:00 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
24 384
This programme is not allowed to be recorded by Derek F[_3_]
I am copying some horse racing that I originally recorded on video tape on to DVDs. Suddenly one dubbing stopped with the message This programme is not allowed to be recorded. Why should that be? Years ago when I had Skye on OnDigital that used to happen on occasion. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 13 10:41 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
18 489
Just stumbled upon this: by Roy[_4_]
Just stumbled upon this: http://www.aerialwaves.co.uk/aerials.htm http://www.aerialwaves.co.uk/satelite.htm
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 20th 13 02:54 PM
by Davidm Go to last post
36 574
A minute's silence? by Graham.[_2_]
No not for her, for Channel 62 from Winter Hill, the original BBC2 channel now unceremoniously "cleared" so kids can watch TV on their smartphones. -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 19th 13 10:13 AM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
19 425
TCM on Freeview? by John Silver[_2_]
Speaking to a friend in Scotland recently who said that she had been watching Gone With The Wind that afternoon. Later I looked up our TV guide and could only find that it had been on TCM that afternoon. She is not technically minded and had her STB fitted by the changeover team and has an old loft aerial.Other times she has commented that she keeps on finding horse racing flicking through...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 18th 13 10:13 PM
by John Silver[_2_] Go to last post
29 5,700
Galloping horses at the funeral by Bill Wright[_2_]
Not real ones; a phone in someone's pocket as Dimbleby wound the programme up. Bill
April 17th 13 05:22 PM
by NY Go to last post
7 244
4G interfernce - You and Yours on Wednesday by Paul D Smith[_2_]
According to You and Yours this Monday lunchtime, they will be discussing 4G interference to Freeview on Wednesday's show. If you have evidence of interference, you might want to contact them. Paul DS.
April 17th 13 04:57 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
6 238
Why are we here? by Bill Wright[_2_]
This is supposed to be about digital TV. We have had hundreds of posts about politics in the last few days, yet when I offered up my thoughts about the polar response of tv aerials there were about four replies, mostly concerned only with the typos. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 17th 13 02:48 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
71 1,128
Resolutions of channels for Granada region - Winter Hill by Whiffy[_2_]
I've found this webpage which shows resolutions of channels for Freeview but its for the London area. http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?live=9&mux=BBCA&liste=2&lang=en Can anyone find me a webpage that shows resolutions/bitrates for each channel for the Granada region from the Winter Hill transmitter?
April 17th 13 01:25 AM
by Whiffy[_2_] Go to last post
4 371
PSB and COM acronyms mean? by [email protected]
Does PSB mean Public Service Broadcasting? I couldn't find a webpage to confirm this but wikipedia had it only in lower case. Does COM mean commercial? if so why is it all in upper case?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 16th 13 05:55 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
21 547
Digital Aerials again by Brian Gaff
I was listening to Smooth radio on and off this morning and it seems from the texts being read out, as far as freeview was concerned, this digital aerial stuff is still confusing people big time. The presenter happened to say that he was having some issues with reception, since a recent retune and was told he needed a digital aerial. He said why now as I've been getting all the digital...
April 16th 13 02:51 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 156
Post New Thread