Post New Thread
BBC2 movie Invaders from Mars Aspect ratio SD vs HD by David[_9_]
Just got the above movie on Freesat on 102 ratio is 16x9 but on 109 it is 4x3 with black bans at sides. TV is set to AUTO aspect ratio. How are the BBC getting things messed up? Doe no one do quality control? Regards David
April 12th 13 06:33 AM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
4 352
CRT adjustments. by [email protected]
Hello all, Maybe a bit OT, but it's still DTV... I have an 'old' Toshiba CRT widescreen which seems not to show the entire broadcast picture (overscan?) Those hideous channel logos are either right on the edge of the screen, or sliding off all together. On LCD screens, they are well within the screen boundaries. So, is it possible to adjust the screen on the CRT to show the full picture? On...
April 11th 13 04:36 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 253
Video nomenclature. by [email protected]
When t'experts are talking about video streams as being 4:0:0 or 4:2:2 and the like, what does this mean?!
April 11th 13 01:42 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
5 248
Freesat radio stations by Brian Gaff
Where is the best place to get a list of the current freesat radio stations one can get at. the list needs to be in text or html. I did get a pdf but some dingbat had simply digitised a picture of the letters. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 10th 13 09:54 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 466
BBC news at 1.57 by Bill Wright[_2_]
Interference on audio again, during David Cameron's tribute. Only someone obsessed with the idea that the BBC has many leftist activists would imagine that the problem was caused deliberately. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 10th 13 08:01 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
37 653
Various versions of HDMI by Java Jive[_2_]
Can someone please remind me of the differences between the versions? -- ========================================================= Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html http://www.macfh.co.uk/Macfarlane/Macfarlane.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 10th 13 06:16 PM
by Andy Burns[_8_] Go to last post
30 469
genuine pic by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11023364/photo%20%282%29.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 10th 13 04:57 PM
by John Williamson Go to last post
67 3,658
Hearing tones by Dave Rest
Have an old Nokia 6300 phone which i carry on my belt. The combination of getting old and wearing winter coats means I don't always hear it. Is there any particular type of ring tone or any particular type of frequency which might make it easier to hear?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 9th 13 03:30 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
17 494
BBC news at 1.37pm by Bill Wright[_2_]
1.37. So far, two short episodes of interference on sound. Sounded like a mix of telephone calls behind the normal audio. Bill
April 9th 13 12:56 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 191
Sandy Heath Interruptions by JohnW
Is anyone else experiencing very short (i.e. more like a flash) interruptions on Sandy Heath. Seemed to start in the last couple of days and has just happened on the Breakfast regional breakout at 08:25 John
April 8th 13 08:40 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 199
Jonathan Creek: "The Case of the Savant's Thumb": repeat? by Maurice Batey[_2_]
Dammit, we missed that episode last night! Anyone know if a repeat is scheduled (apart from iPlayer), please? -- /\/\aurice (Replace "nomail.afraid" by "bcs" to reply by email)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 8th 13 08:40 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
25 878
Designed with Bill in mind? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Martin wrote: More effective than putting them in prison and throwing away the keys? Anything's more effective than that. No, the only solution is to systematically gas members of the criminal classes until they are eliminated. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 13 09:40 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 232
BT Youview - multiple transmissions of a programme being recorded by Dickie mint[_2_]
Not familiar with Youview, please bear with me. On a over 50s forum someone had trouble with BT, who provided him with "BT Vision" and a Pace box when he specifically asked for Youview HD. After the usual hassle he has now been provided with a Humax Freeview DTR-T1000 box. His reported problem is that when setting it to record a programme, it is recording each repeat of that programme. ...
April 6th 13 01:52 AM
by Ian Go to last post
1 214
Terrestrial Switchoff - sorry to labour the point but... by [email protected]
For those who haven't yet seen the Ofcom consultation on future mobile broadband spectrum. "The 694-790 MHz band is expected to become a key band for mobile broadband" and references to studies at 470 - 694 MHz. http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/cfi-mobile-bb/summary/cfi-mobile-bb.pdf
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 5th 13 08:17 PM
by Clive Go to last post
148 1,593
virgin HD by Gary[_4_]
I just noticed last night that virgin are now doing the ITV 23+4 in HD. I don't know when it started but I am glad they are
April 4th 13 07:43 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
7 152
BBC lights out! by Hugh Newbury
This morning (Sat 30/3) the Breakfast Show lights went out in the studio, leaving the presenters as black sihouettes against the back panels. The giggling presenters said they were getting the backup systems working, and in about 45secs the lights were back on again. What else can the Beeb think up to get our attention and sympathy? Hugh --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 13 06:21 PM
by Tim+ Go to last post
19 1,184
cold calling was junk mail by Mark[_7_]
On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:00:30 +0100, Andy Champ wrote: On 02/04/2013 14:20, Brian Gaff wrote: The first wanted me to press 5 I declined, I always press 5 when the robot asks me to, then put the phone down on the table. This means they have to connect me to a real human, which must raise their costs. I hope it makes their business model less profitable.
April 4th 13 05:36 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 108
cold calling was junk mail by Mark[_7_]
On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:09:00 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote: In article , Andy Champ wrote: On 02/04/2013 14:20, Brian Gaff wrote: The first wanted me to press 5 I declined, I always press 5 when the robot asks me to, then put the phone down on the table. This means they...
April 4th 13 10:05 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
1 208
Winter Hill 1st April 2013 approx. 19:10 by [email protected]
Did it turn off, or was it just the TVs in my house?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 13 07:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 396
Designed with Bill in mind? by Steve Terry[_2_]
Martin wrote: On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 10:34:25 +0100, Mike O'Sullivan wrote: On 02/04/2013 08:43, Martin wrote: and this, which has to be a joke http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-criminals-face-24-hour-surveillance/story-18554474-detail/story.html#axzz2PFKhvRIw Not so sure about this. Seems pretty cost-effective to me.
April 3rd 13 07:37 AM
by Mike O'Sullivan[_2_] Go to last post
1 108
Post New Thread