Post New Thread
Argos TV gone? by Brian Gaff
Not that I'm a shopping channel watcher, but this channel on Freeview has not been there long and when I've checked recently the channel is blank. Brian -- From the Bed of Brian Gaff. The email is valid as Blind user.
May 26th 13 12:46 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 2,750
Ch 5 are aload of idiots. by Brian Gaff
Well no I'm not going to moan about their competitions that a trained iguana could get right, its their audio description. Monday and tuesday night had a two part CSI. the gimmick is the first was Las Vagas, the second New York, but they were parts of the same story. They audio describe the first part and not the second part. Taking the **** or what. OK, its only a tv show, but with this level...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 13 11:26 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
19 436
Sky News transponder issues on freesat by F[_2_]
I've changed nothing on my Foxsat-HDR, nor on the Hauppage card in my desktop, but over the past few days Sky News has been fine, or breaking up, or simply AWOL with a no/bad signal message and signal strength and quality both at 0%. The other channels on the same transponder also go missing. Oddly enough, the channel has returned in the evenings, showing signal strength at 85% and quality...
May 25th 13 02:47 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 564
Countryfile by Bill Wright[_2_]
What possessed them to put ludicrously unrealistic fake tramlines over a sequence showing Japanese vegetables? Why? Why? Why? Why? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 25th 13 12:17 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
45 626
Such a thing as a CT100 coax tacker by Jim
I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax, i can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say no it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips, can they? Jim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 24th 13 07:50 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
29 733
Humax PVR-9300T failed to record. by Alaric
This evening I confirmed that my Humax PVR-9300T was set to record "Bankers" on BBC 2 at 9pm and "NCIS" on Channel Five, also at 9pm. Subsequently I discovered that neither programme had been recorded. They both remained in the Recording Schedule. This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. It does seem odd however, that two programmes should fail to be recorded at the same...
May 24th 13 09:06 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
1 340
Sky HD box by Woody[_5_]
Anyone know if a Sky HD box with a Freesat card will get the FTA HD channels? Not interested in recording capability, just the TV in HD. -- Woody harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
May 23rd 13 06:34 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 184
OT. Playing American Blue ray discs in UK do you do it? by David[_9_]
My Sony Blue ray will only do UK discs but will do multi region ordinary DVDs. I have seen some Blue ray movies I would like but not sold in the UK only as DVDs. From what I gather Sony have made it extremely difficult to multi region players for Blue ray, not a bit like the mass market we have with DVD players that are already MR or you can easily convert with a few presses of remote...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 22nd 13 11:52 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
29 720
TBS-6280 and Mythbuntu by Pinnerite[_2_]
This is first TBS card I have tried. I need to know which fw file to install (and any other tips!). TIA -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 2 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.4.45-desktop-1.mga2 KDE version 4.8.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor
May 22nd 13 10:10 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
4 478
Tvonics HV250 ignoring remote control by Sara
I bought one of these as a refurb from Richer Sounds at the weekend. Looks OK, decent picture, sounds OK, easy to set up. Now however it's ignoring the remote control. I've put new batteries in the remote, tried a different TVonics remote and rebooted the box (unplugged it for half an hour and plugged it in again). Does anyone have any what else to try? It'd be a shame to have to return it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 22nd 13 10:00 AM
by Ramsman Go to last post
47 1,228
Humax 9200T and background sound. by Derek F[_3_]
When watching a previously recorded programme we are getting background sound from the last station we watched on our TV. This has been happening for the past few day. Any suggestions? Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 13 08:45 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 361
Audio description volume by Brian Gaff
Why is it that even when full up, most boxes and tvs with AD seem to be struggling to get heard over the normal sound? OK the sound ducks, but not enough most of the time. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
May 21st 13 11:40 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 296
more info re under 11s football incident by alanp
Bill Wright wrote: When people tell me what the 'rules' are, when the 'rules' are just those favoured by one section of the population, I tend to disregard what they say. We could argue about what status a "rule" has, but I think you realise I was offering guidance on what would be considered fair and reasonable behaviour.
May 21st 13 08:15 AM
by alanp Go to last post
0 121
one for you scientists by ARW
Rod Speed wrote: "ARW" wrote in message ... Bill Wright wrote: If you have a fixed quantity of frozen peas and you want to cook them as quickly as possible in the microwave, should you boil the kettle and then (a) add just enough boiled water to cover the peas comfortably or (b) add more water than that. In...
May 21st 13 12:01 AM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 121
one for you scientists by Ian Field
"John Williamson" wrote in message ... Norman Wells wrote: What could be nicer than a cup of tea and a plate of peas? A plate of peas *without* the cup of tea. The smell of most tea makes me feel mauseous. Herbal tea is the only thing I can think of that smells nice but doesn't taste nice.
May 20th 13 09:11 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 112
one for you scientists by Ian Field
"John Williamson" wrote in message ... Norman Wells wrote: Max Demian wrote: "Bill Wright" wrote in message ... If you have a fixed quantity of frozen peas and you want to cook them as quickly as possible in the microwave, should you boil the ...
May 20th 13 09:09 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 98
one for you scientists by Ian Field
"Tim Streater" wrote in message ... In article , "Steve Terry" wrote: Bill Wright wrote: If you have a fixed quantity of frozen peas and you want to cook them as quickly as possible in the microwave, should you boil the kettle and then (a)...
May 20th 13 09:05 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 191
Diy Freesat by rbel[_2_]
I have decided to try a diy Freesat installation and the first question is, would a 54/60 cms dish mounted at right angles to a 5 metre long wall, pointing 28.2 degrees east of south and correctly elevated, run into reception problems because its path is too close to the wall? The wall is higher than the top of the dish. Iffy ASCII plan view dish )
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 20th 13 07:31 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 1,173
TOT The wit and wisdom of Ben, 3. by Bill Wright[_2_]
Ben recently went on a trip round a stately home. On the way home he said, "Mummy, why is our house so small?" A few days later when driving past a huge block of dingy Doncaster council flats: "Look Mummy! A stately home!" Then, when driving down a street of terraced houses in Balby, "Mummy, why are all the houses stuck together?" Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 13 06:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
18 408
more info re under 11s football incident by tony sayer
In article , Roderick Stewart scribeth thus On Tue, 14 May 2013 16:23:03 +0100, PeterC wrote: Terms such as "actress", "waitress" etc. are sexist as they refer to one gender; "actor", waiter" etc. So are "Mr", "Mrs", "Ms" etc, but we use them. What's wrong with refering to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 20th 13 04:01 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
36 388