Post New Thread
David Jacobs RIP... by tony sayer
Very sad event. One of those characters very well remembered from the best days of TV many years ago. Juke box jury was compulsive listening on a Saturday night in those 405 days:) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23938128 -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 4th 13 10:54 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
20 485
Daily Torygraph left wing bias. by Mark[_7_]
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:23:40 +0200, Martin wrote: On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:57:50 +0100, wrote: On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:43:31 +0200, Martin wrote: On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:26:59 +0100, wrote: snip
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 13 09:28 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
10 384
Humax retune by John Dean[_2_]
Someone posted a while ago about how to rescan the Humax 9300T one mux at a time so as not to lose the schedule but I seem to have lost it. Could anyone go through the process again? Ta -- John Dean
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 13 09:20 AM
by John Dean[_2_] Go to last post
11 446
BBC eco******** by Bill Wright[_2_]
"Richard Bacon, from 2pm, will be powered by the pedal as exercise bikes are set up in the piazza for guests such as Olympic cyclist, Chris Boardman, members of the public, and Richard himself to Ďhop-oní. All will be trying to generate enough kinetic energy to power Richardís show for the full two hours." Will that include the transmitters? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 09:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 405
What are BBC TV I player playing at? by Brian Gaff
I just went and looked at the items flagged with AD and they have a large number of them that when played do not have it. Has the drone doing this fallen asleep at the console? The Quatermass Experiment film, Horizon on the Dinasaurs and many more are just silent for us blind folk. Someone has erred, but I know better than to use their frame to conplain, the reply will be three months...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 12:06 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 335
NOW TV Box by Derek F[_3_]
If I buy a box from NOW TV for £9.99 with a free months trial is the box then mine to use for iPlayer without any other payment. DeErek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 11:06 AM
by Zimmy[_2_] Go to last post
11 1,119
Why do they do it? by Brian Gaff
Make the powe supplies of modern equipment as a seperat plug in box, and usually also make it a radio jamming device of excellent efficiency? Is this a subtle Chinese plan to gain control of the world by making any weak signals impossible to here? We need answers. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them
August 31st 13 12:58 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
7 211
S4C odd message by Bill Wright[_2_]
For part of yesterday evening the programme info on S4C carried the words, 'Warnings, other: See TX note'. Bill
August 31st 13 09:25 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 183
Power surge/brownout - SG6 area? by Ian Field
The DAB radio had been reset to standby and I later discovered both PVRs had got tangled up and needed a rescan to sort them out. It was quite handy actually - the FVRT90 freezes during rescan, this restarted with the operating system startup screen and informed me; "no channels currently stored", from this condition it completes a rescan normally.
August 30th 13 04:03 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 150
BT Vision re-booting + BT youview / BT Sport and costs? by [email protected]
Hi, We currently have an old BT vision box, and for the last two or 3 months if we try and use BBC Iplayer the box re-boots itself. i've spoken to various BT people (of the sort of people one of our more celebrated correspondents refuses to speak to) and they all tell me it's a known problem and BT are working to have it fixed ASAP. I wonder whether it is time to get one of their Youview...
August 30th 13 02:29 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 209
Tesco Technika Freeview HD box. by David[_9_]
Noticed the STBHDIS2010 at Tesco this morning shelf price £26 thought that can't be a bad price so popped one in the trolley, at check out was £23. Nothing about BBC iPlayer on box or in Instructions though, but I did a Search on Google for any updates that could be put in. Sure enough there was one so downloaded that into my PC and transferred to the digi-box via a USB stick. Now it has the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 13 11:25 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
11 1,279
BBC bias spoils police witness appeal by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23826825 According to this BBC news item the police asked, "I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the shooting, or who saw anything suspicion in the Kilburn area early this morning, to call police. "In particular, I need to hear from anyone who saw two males who came into the High Road from Messina Avenue and, after the shooting, made off on foot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 28th 13 01:47 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
30 722
scruffy TV crews by Bill Wright[_2_]
For irrelevant reasons I had to sit all afternoon and watch a TV commercial being made. What a set of scruffy oiks! The cameraman had a bobble hat, a juvenile attempt at a beard, a dirty teeshirt with a slogan on it, shorts, and trainers. One of the girls had bright pink hair! The rest of them weren't much better. The other thing was, they seems to have no concept of H & S. They were using...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 02:17 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
26 521
BBC cuts off caller who doesn't toe their line by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b038h976 Listen from 56 minutes. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 01:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
25 444
Possibly very slightly OT? by Woody[_5_]
Did you hear about the two antennas that got married? The wedding wasn't much but the reception ws fantastic. OK, I'll go away.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 13 10:15 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 317
PING Bill by Steve[_27_]
Is it OK to have two or more Log periodics on the same aerial pole? Reason I ask is that at the near end of the log periodic, an electrical connection is obviously made to the pole and teh co-ax feeder connects at the tapered pointy end. So will the two LPs interact via the metal pole coupling their wide near ends? Stephen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 24th 13 04:30 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
25 540
Sony KDL-32EX403 and 4 Music by Bill Wright[_2_]
This TV set switches to standby after 18 seconds when it is put onto 4 Music. It always does it. There's a bit on Digital Spy but no-one there seems to know what they're talking about. Has anyone here got any idea what the problem is and how it can be fixed? Bill
August 24th 13 02:49 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 322
There is a god! by Ian Field
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-misses-hunting-trip-2188787
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 24th 13 09:10 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
43 860
SAA3018. by Ian Field
Anyone got a datasheet for this ancient (date code 84) remote handset chip - or better yet an example schematic of (a) handset(s) that use it? Thanks for any help.
August 23rd 13 10:37 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 202
5 later? by Brian Gaff
What is this going to be then? I saw it as a place marker on Freeview, well heard it but as my talking box only speaks the title it may well have words there explaining it which I cannot read. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 23rd 13 09:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 818