Post New Thread
Unusual Humax 9200 activity. by [email protected]
Last night, at about 01:20, my 9200 started what appeared to be a scheduled recording. It claimed to be recording "Parks and Recreation" to start at 01:20 and to finish at 22:20. I hope this picture can be seen, google have "improved" their services once mo (picture shows the EPG with info as...
May 16th 13 12:29 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
1 246
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Paul Ratcliffe
On Mon, 13 May 2013 19:17:05 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: Damaged being actually knowing rather more about picture quality than you? Happy to be damaged. Dave, do you have to adopt such an unpleasant manner? We're just hanging out having a chat, aren't we? Yes he's made me cry, the brute.
May 16th 13 09:10 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 109
more info re under 11s football incident by Sara
In article , Roderick Stewart wrote: On Tue, 14 May 2013 16:58:41 +0100, Sara wrote: Terms such as "actress", "waitress" etc. are sexist as they refer to one gender; "actor", waiter" etc. So are "Mr", "Mrs", "Ms" etc, but we use them. What's wrong with
May 16th 13 09:09 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 116
TOT (probably) mysterious object by RufusOldboots
Does anyone have any idea what this is? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46396388/IMAG0148_1_1.jpg It's metal, 2 inches long and the wider end has a slot in it probably for a screwdriver. TIA Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 15th 13 11:16 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
21 428
No Freeview problems in London 800MHz trials - official by Ian Jackson[_2_]
No Freeview problems in London 800MHz trials. From Broadband TV News, 15 May 2013: http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/05/15/no-freeview-problems-in-london -800mhz-trials/ -- Ian
May 15th 13 08:51 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
7 189
more info re under 11s football incident by Paul Ratcliffe
On Tue, 14 May 2013 20:54:19 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: I understand from my B-i-L that it is considered "classist" to say "Ladies & Gentlemen". but somehow beginning a speech with "You guys" doesn't seem right to my ears. You could try "Listen up, plebs..." and see what reaction that gets. I usually start with, "Good afternoon everyone."
May 15th 13 08:01 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 86
'Protected area' in centre of screen? by Scott[_2_]
I thought there was a rule that all important details, such as captions, maps etc, should be confined to the centre part of the screen so viewers with 4:3 televisions can still follow the programme. I see that recently Channel 4 News seems to be ignoring this and so too does BBC Breakfast but to a lesser degree. This got me wondering: (1) whether such a rule exists and (2) whether it is 4:3 or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 15th 13 09:40 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
43 582
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Mark Carver wrote: Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: Yes, the big surprise when we bought out first one was that we could watch TV without closing the curtains.
May 15th 13 03:43 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 89
Humax 1TB Freeview recorder and wifi by Bill Wright[_2_]
With the dongle plugged into the back of the box the picture flashes all the time and the wifi won't connect. With the dongle on a 0.5m extension cable everything works fine. Any ideas? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 15th 13 03:43 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
17 280
more info re under 11s football incident by Norman Wells[_6_]
Bill Wright wrote: Sara wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: Sara wrote: Very few people would call a man doing a certain job (for example) "the accounts gentlemen" rather than accounts manager or whatever his job title is (or even "Bob who looks after the finance"), but
May 14th 13 09:52 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
0 160
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Graham.[_2_]
On Mon, 13 May 2013 20:24:25 +0100, "Ian Field" wrote: "Steve Thackery" wrote in message ... Ian Field wrote: You must've been doing it wrong then - I never could get the old
May 14th 13 09:44 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
0 141
Test card generator by Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_]
When 625-line first arrived I was working in a TV factory that had its own test card equipment. I had to calibrate the test card generators every week. The generators were based on a some "back to front" CRTs with a test cards built in. I can't remember what those tubes were called. Any ideas? Steve -- EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. http://www.easynn.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 14th 13 01:04 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
14 601
Flat panel satellite dish by rbel[_2_]
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience the effectiveness of this 'dish' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satellite-Dish-H30D2-Flat-Antenna/dp/B00319C8W0/ref=zg_bs_528563031_5 Purely from a looks viewpoint it may help us get around our no dishes or external aerials problem. -- rbel
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 13 11:20 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
16 303
Dish on chimney by Steve Niven
Does this image illustrate an adequate way to mount a dish on the side of a chimney? With a single large lashed bracket? Or would the pole need to be stiffened with two lashing kits? http://i.imgur.com/SFJtxZH.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 13 11:14 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
14 1,573
Never messed with an X box before, ever! by Bill Wright[_2_]
"Grandad, my game won't play when I use PAL 50 but when I use PAL 60 it's in black and white." "Err what?" "GRANDAD! Wake up!" "I came here to babysit. I didn't expect a discussion on television standards. You're a ten year old girl. You should be concerning yourself with embroidery and such things." "Grandad, are you gonna fix it or WHAT?" I snook off to her room for a kip, leaving Hil to...
May 12th 13 02:15 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 137
New Humax 9200 fault? by Dickie mint[_2_]
Haven't used this for a while, as we also have a Foxsat HDR. Last night (Sunday) Foxsat reported a recording clash at 2100 as BBC3 Russell Howard started - watching BBC1HD and was recording Endeavour on itv HD. So cancelled itvHD on Foxsat HDR and switched on 9200, changed from BBC1 to itv1 and pressed record button. Came down this morning to find it said REC 55mins. Couldn't think what...
May 10th 13 08:56 PM
by Jockothy Go to last post
1 149
RF2 red eye on a Freesat+ PVR ? by postmaster @ stejonda
We're thinking of dumping Sky and going for Freesat+ but use the powered Rf2 out on the Sky box to control the box from other rooms. Is there a PVR that can do this? -- Simon 12) The Second Rule of Expectations An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
May 10th 13 03:53 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 206
Why does programme guide sometimes have holes in it? by Brian Gaff
By which I mean, when running up the channels there are often a lot which say, no information available. often one can jump start it by unplugging the box and then waiting for it to get the data again after repowering. It never used to happen until a few months back. Its a Goodmans Smart talk. Is it death by degrees already? The only way it can now keep AD through most programs is by turning...
May 10th 13 03:50 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 140
BBC1 this morning by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was watching BBC1 Emley Moor. At about 1.03 there was a temporal discontinuity of perhaps 0.3secs and 'II' (or perhaps '11') appeared top right as an OSG. A minute or so later there was another temporal discontinuity and the OSG disappeared. In between the two events the picture and sound were normal. It was partly from the US and partly from the studio. It seemed as if the output had been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 10th 13 02:48 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
18 241
4G in London by [email protected]
Base stations were switched on today by Hutchison (791-796MHz) and EE (796-801MHz). Exact locations not known. I've not seen any results from the first week's interference tests. Has anyone?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 8th 13 01:06 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
17 269