Post New Thread
Sky HD box by Woody[_5_]
Anyone know if a Sky HD box with a Freesat card will get the FTA HD channels? Not interested in recording capability, just the TV in HD. -- Woody harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
May 23rd 13 06:34 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 177
OT. Playing American Blue ray discs in UK do you do it? by David[_9_]
My Sony Blue ray will only do UK discs but will do multi region ordinary DVDs. I have seen some Blue ray movies I would like but not sold in the UK only as DVDs. From what I gather Sony have made it extremely difficult to multi region players for Blue ray, not a bit like the mass market we have with DVD players that are already MR or you can easily convert with a few presses of remote...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 22nd 13 11:52 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
29 676
TBS-6280 and Mythbuntu by Pinnerite[_2_]
This is first TBS card I have tried. I need to know which fw file to install (and any other tips!). TIA -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 2 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.4.45-desktop-1.mga2 KDE version 4.8.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor
May 22nd 13 10:10 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
4 435
Tvonics HV250 ignoring remote control by Sara
I bought one of these as a refurb from Richer Sounds at the weekend. Looks OK, decent picture, sounds OK, easy to set up. Now however it's ignoring the remote control. I've put new batteries in the remote, tried a different TVonics remote and rebooted the box (unplugged it for half an hour and plugged it in again). Does anyone have any what else to try? It'd be a shame to have to return it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 22nd 13 10:00 AM
by Ramsman Go to last post
47 1,154
Humax 9200T and background sound. by Derek F[_3_]
When watching a previously recorded programme we are getting background sound from the last station we watched on our TV. This has been happening for the past few day. Any suggestions? Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 13 08:45 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
16 357
Audio description volume by Brian Gaff
Why is it that even when full up, most boxes and tvs with AD seem to be struggling to get heard over the normal sound? OK the sound ducks, but not enough most of the time. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
May 21st 13 11:40 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 289
more info re under 11s football incident by alanp
Bill Wright wrote: When people tell me what the 'rules' are, when the 'rules' are just those favoured by one section of the population, I tend to disregard what they say. We could argue about what status a "rule" has, but I think you realise I was offering guidance on what would be considered fair and reasonable behaviour.
May 21st 13 08:15 AM
by alanp Go to last post
0 114
one for you scientists by ARW
Rod Speed wrote: "ARW" wrote in message ... Bill Wright wrote: If you have a fixed quantity of frozen peas and you want to cook them as quickly as possible in the microwave, should you boil the kettle and then (a) add just enough boiled water to cover the peas comfortably or (b) add more water than that. In...
May 21st 13 12:01 AM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 108
one for you scientists by Ian Field
"John Williamson" wrote in message ... Norman Wells wrote: What could be nicer than a cup of tea and a plate of peas? A plate of peas *without* the cup of tea. The smell of most tea makes me feel mauseous. Herbal tea is the only thing I can think of that smells nice but doesn't taste nice.
May 20th 13 09:11 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 105
one for you scientists by Ian Field
"John Williamson" wrote in message ... Norman Wells wrote: Max Demian wrote: "Bill Wright" wrote in message ... If you have a fixed quantity of frozen peas and you want to cook them as quickly as possible in the microwave, should you boil the ...
May 20th 13 09:09 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 94
one for you scientists by Ian Field
"Tim Streater" wrote in message ... In article , "Steve Terry" wrote: Bill Wright wrote: If you have a fixed quantity of frozen peas and you want to cook them as quickly as possible in the microwave, should you boil the kettle and then (a)...
May 20th 13 09:05 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 181
Diy Freesat by rbel[_2_]
I have decided to try a diy Freesat installation and the first question is, would a 54/60 cms dish mounted at right angles to a 5 metre long wall, pointing 28.2 degrees east of south and correctly elevated, run into reception problems because its path is too close to the wall? The wall is higher than the top of the dish. Iffy ASCII plan view dish )
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 20th 13 07:31 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 1,112
TOT The wit and wisdom of Ben, 3. by Bill Wright[_2_]
Ben recently went on a trip round a stately home. On the way home he said, "Mummy, why is our house so small?" A few days later when driving past a huge block of dingy Doncaster council flats: "Look Mummy! A stately home!" Then, when driving down a street of terraced houses in Balby, "Mummy, why are all the houses stuck together?" Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 13 06:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
18 400
more info re under 11s football incident by tony sayer
In article , Roderick Stewart scribeth thus On Tue, 14 May 2013 16:23:03 +0100, PeterC wrote: Terms such as "actress", "waitress" etc. are sexist as they refer to one gender; "actor", waiter" etc. So are "Mr", "Mrs", "Ms" etc, but we use them. What's wrong with refering to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 20th 13 04:01 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
36 362
Piping Sky+HD around the home by Doug Paulley
I suspect this is a FAQ; if so I apologise, I have done some searching... Currently I have an old Sky box. It has a SCART and RF1 connection to my PC which has a composite and analogue video in card. That's in my messy room. My bedroom and in my lounge (in my small 1 person flat in a care home) is connected by WF100 to a passive insulated splitter which is in turn connected to RF2 on my Skybox....
May 20th 13 03:28 PM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
0 179
DTT boxes by Bill Wright[_2_]
Anyone any ideas for DTT receivers with front panel channel change, or rack mounted ones? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 13 09:42 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
14 241
more info re under 11s football incident by S Viemeister[_2_]
On 5/14/2013 4:09 PM, Steve Thackery wrote: Bill Wright wrote: The receptionist froze, her eyes wide open. She whispered, "All right, thank you," and actually waved me away, like a smell. It was clear that I'd made a major social gaffe. Something is very wrong here. I rather think it was the combination of "black" and "girl" which was offensive.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 20th 13 04:45 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
24 274
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dave Plowman (News) wrote: A two year old mono set. But since I was going round fixing aerials for colour set owners I assumed that like them I'd have to close the curtains for a colour set. Your Trinitron gave a satisfactory picture in direct sunlight? Wish we could get such a device for location work.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 13 08:27 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
79 709
Very basic cabling/distribution advice needed please, Final update by Jim
OK just wanted to post back and say thanks to all of you who helped me with some basic advise on my cabling options indoors, it took longer then i had hoped but flat had be done and new kitchen etc fitted and i have been able (with your help) to re-wire my set-up and it's working fine, so once again many thx folks for all your suggestions. Jim
May 19th 13 12:02 AM
by Jim Go to last post
0 173
Is there anything like Sky Arts available FTA on satellite? by postmaster @ stejonda
Is there anything like Sky Arts available FTA on satellite? -- Simon 12) The Second Rule of Expectations An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 13 08:20 PM
by postmaster @ stejonda Go to last post
18 376