Post New Thread
CCTV DVR recommendations by Stephen[_6_]
HI I am in the market for a 8 or 9 channel CCTV DVR (digital video recorder.) I have 700 TVL cameras so they require a recording resolution of D1 or 4CIF (both are very similar if not identical) The attributes that the DVR *MUST* have is a full recording capability of 25 fps at full D1/4CIF on *ALL* its channels simultaneously. so thats a global recording resource of 200 fps at D1/4CIF for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 15th 13 01:58 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
13 885
Sky boxes with digital optical output by Peter Crosland
Mine does not have one but has the option in the menu. I would like to use this to interface with my surround sound system. Is there a list of which have this facility or any means of telling without inspecting the box before buying? TIA -- Peter Crosland
September 14th 13 09:29 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
7 223
ot ion blockrocker by Gary[_4_]
our blockrocker has gone quiet. no sound at all. anyone had and info on these. They cost a lot to replace. Thanks Gary
September 14th 13 03:15 PM
by John Williamson Go to last post
1 169
BBC hampers police by not giving suspect description by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24014232 The woman was assaulted by three men who then ran off towards Tottenham Court Road. She was taken to a central London hospital where she is being treated for serious facial injuries. Police are keen to speak to anyone who may have been in the area at the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 14th 13 01:16 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
26 521
F plug face plate with soldered tags by David.WE.Roberts
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=AV18544 This is a metal faceplate and the solder tag for the braid is almost touching the face plate. Now I assume I can bend the tag up to about 45 degrees, but why design/ ship something where the tag is so close to the faceplate? Or am I missing something obvious?
September 13th 13 03:30 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 234
Which in car DVR? by Peter Crosland
I am considering buy one of these. Has anyone got any constructive suggestions as to which model to buy. Quality is more important than economy. Ease of use and GPS would be nice. -- Peter Crosland
September 13th 13 01:02 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
7 202
the hundred year old aerial by Bill Wright[_2_]
I recently had a look at an outdoor TV aerial that would have been installed in the 1950s. It was in remarkably good condition, and it made me wonder how long it will last. I wonder if it will still be up there in 2055? I suppose in 2055 there will still be plenty of 1950s loft aerials around. Soon we will have 100 year old radio aerials on some roofs. I know of a few wire aerials dating from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 13 01:13 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 387
Film4 by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Is it or is it not on Channel 15? Had the Humax YouView on and punched in "15". It said that the channel was not available. The EPG went straight from 14 to 16. I eventually found that in the EPG Film4 was on 791 and 800 both had the Film4 schedule.When I tried to get Film4 on 791 it was just black for several seconds, then it showed a message that Film4 had moved and was no longer on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 11th 13 12:14 PM
by Davey Go to last post
21 530
tx power versus received signal by Bill Wright[_2_]
I can never quite get my head round this. Suppose a transmitter increases the ERP from 10kW to 20kW. What will the increase in received signal strength be, expressed in dB? What about an increase from 10 to 15kW? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 13 10:28 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
11 349
Once upon a time - last episode - EPG screw up? by Dave Saville[_2_]
My Toppy failed to record this last night - Because it was not in the EPG for C5 at 20:00. But the C5 on demand site claimed it had been broadcast at that time. IIRC the EPG claimed an episode of CSI somewhere. -- Regards Dave Saville
September 9th 13 12:03 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 205
how to support an overhead cable by Bill Wright[_2_]
Wall bracket, catenary wire, strainer? No! Just do it this way. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/catenary%20support.jpg Bill
September 9th 13 08:23 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
6 777
Title of Filme Noi Platinum Heist by Java Jive[_2_]
Can anyone tell me the title of a French film with English subtitles that I saw on British TV around 1970 give or take about 5 years. It's a crime film, and (I think towards the end of it) the criminals hijacked a security van containing platinum in hilly/mountainous countryside. It's not, as I had previously been led to believe, "Le Deuxieme Souffle" ("Second Wind"), based on Jose Giovanni's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 8th 13 11:46 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
12 308
Semi technical question by Brian Gaff
We have vertically and horizontally polarised tv transmitters, but why don't we have something in between, ie still 90 degrees apart but neither vertical or horizontal. I guess the transmitting aerials might be a bit difficult to design, but I was more interested in whether there would be any difference in coverage. When we used to have band 1 and band 3 tv, I often found that Horizontal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 8th 13 07:17 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
30 524
DC-DC conversion by Bill Wright[_2_]
Anyone know of a device that will charge a 24V lead-acid battery from a nominal 24V DC supply? Input 20 to 28V. Output 27V adjustable to get the charge rate right. Charge rate would ideally be 8A, tapering down. Anyone? Bill
September 7th 13 07:13 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
4 160
Video sender? by Brian Gaff
Just a note as the other day I was idly tuning around the tv bands on uhf on my scanner when I heard the distinct noise of analogue vission and a weak sound carrier. Would this most probably be some kind of video sender soneone locally still has? I could not resolve it except on the radio and I think the sound was fm and in the foreign. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address...
September 5th 13 11:18 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
3 250
another totally off topic post by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have Lasting Power of Attorney for my dad. The building society (bank, really) did that trick where the interest on his ISA dropped to 0.00000000000001%, so I went in to transfer the money to another account. No problem said the girl. The deed was done. A week later father got a letter. The account can't be changed because it's a passbook account. Just call in to the local branch and we'll...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 5th 13 07:18 PM
by alan Go to last post
68 1,128
Humax 9200T slowed up again by Dave Farrance
After the rescan that was prompted a week or two back, my Humax 9200T has become grindingly slow again. That's happened in the past and then been fixed by a firmware update that changed the way it worked to free up a few processor cycles. So I guess that a bunch more channels have pushed it over the edge again, but I'd be surprised if Humax bother trying to fix the antique this time. Anybody...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 13 01:32 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
14 357
Daily Torygraph left wing bias. by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:23:40 +0200, Martin wrote: I believe all police should be armed and that everybody should carry an ID card. This isn't Germany or other parts of Europe, where the population is used to that kind of **** and has been for generations. You can't catch criminals and terrorists, if you don't know who they are.
September 5th 13 09:44 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
2 115
I said what? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Late night phone call with a friend, me very tired. He said, "Do you know what you just said?" "What do you mean?" "You just said '405' when you meant 'SD'!" "I never! Ohh, I did, didn't I? Good grief!" Bill
September 4th 13 01:08 PM
by Davey Go to last post
6 188
Weir-d power? by Brian Gaff
I understand that along the Thames there are plans to use the power of the water at weirs to run a kind of hydro electric power station or few. already the Nimbies are out moaning about the blot on the landscape and noise pollution. Have you ever stood near a Weir, you can't hear yourself think, so surely its got to be quieter than that. Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 4th 13 12:43 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
30 443