Post New Thread
PSB2 and failed recordings by Dave Saville[_2_]
Several makes of PVR are suddenly having problems recording from PSB2. http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20194. -- Regards Dave Saville
July 24th 13 10:03 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
7 249
Freeview, what is going on with stations? by Brian Gaff
I see going through the list now we have a Sky sports, well two but saying no longer broadcasting and a waste of bandwidth bt sport running promos with two other bt sport channels. Does one assume that eventually eveyone is supposed to have a so called smart tv, and most of the stations will in fact come via the internet? Seems a very odd situation to waste bandwidth with a promo of...
July 24th 13 11:03 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 303
Humax Freetime PVR doesn't time-shift programmes??? by postmaster @ stejonda
SWMBO, who has main use of the Humax HDR-1010S, has complained to me that unlike the Sky+HD box the Humax does not auto-adjust if a programme's broadcast time alters. Is that ability a feature from Sky or, heaven-forfend, is she mistaken? -- Simon 12) The Second Rule of Expectations
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 13 05:49 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
13 1,030
Installer's logo by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/42dc1e4f665c76b39d3b57bd80c5ed71.jpeg Bill
July 22nd 13 11:26 PM
by Ian Go to last post
2 243
McCarthy & Stone CCTV by Mark Carver
Mother in law is moving into a new McCarthy & Stone retirement flat next month. I went to have a look at it today. Very nice. Apparently, there's a system that when someone rings the bell for her at the main entrance, their face automagically appears on her TV screen. I wonder how ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 22nd 13 10:43 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
44 843
The world has gone mad. by Brian Gaff
Why are the Co-Op using a Christmas song on their adverts for a Summer sale? The most Wonderful time of the year complete with singers going ding dong and Andy Williams singing away. Completely ruined Christmas. I'd complain, but I'm not sure being so hatstand as to do this on an ad is grounds for it. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
July 22nd 13 03:49 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
6 270
Wierd aspect ratio on Drama channel by Dave W
Today I enjoyed Jonathan Creek, but I didn't realise it was made in the days of 4:3 aspect ratio (I think it said 1997 on the credits). That's fine - I was able to configure my TV for 4:3, but Drama had made it worse by putting black regions top and bottom, looking ultra stretched on 16:9, and showing black borders all round when I had configured the TV. Unfortunately the TV doesn't have a zoom...
July 20th 13 10:30 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
7 508
Ho ho by Woody[_5_]
Did anyone hear the Today prog Wednesday morning? Alan Milburn MP refering to a report said it was done by a "Colo-Rectal surgeon and started from the bottom up....." I kid you not. -- Woody
July 19th 13 07:33 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
9 225
New BBC HD channels by Scott[_2_]
I appreciate this has been discussed elsewhere, but the group may be interested in this link, forwarded by Humax today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/bbchdchannels.html?utm_source=streamsend&utm_medium=email&utm_content=19059653&utm_campaign=Humax%2520Alert%253A%2520BBC%2520announce%2520five%2520new%2520subscription-free%2520HD%2520channels%2520to%2520launch I think it must be...
July 19th 13 07:04 PM
by Andy Burns[_8_] Go to last post
1 230
550-600MHz awarded to TV by viewer[_6_]
http://advanced-television.com/2013/07/16/uk-dtt-set-for-hd-boost/ The idea of a gap in the middle of the UHF TV band always seemed like a bad idea to me. I get the impression when the top of UHF is snipped further in 2017 in the 700-790MHz region that that this middle allocation might be permanent.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 13 07:18 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
15 400
BBC to launch five new HD channels by Ian
Http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/07/16/bbc-to-launch-5-new-hd-channel s/ -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 18th 13 07:36 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
22 543
No more BBC 3D ? by [email protected]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23195479
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 17th 13 09:54 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
28 504
How do they decide who might need a filter? by Brian Gaff
I ask cos around here, seemingly in random areas postcards about 4G filters are turning up. However its odd as most around here are on Crystal Palace and get good signals. do they know something we don't like 54G huge boosters going to be built in these areas to swamp locals tvs? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 13 10:02 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
25 683
Audio desription on I player but not on boxes that get it? by Brian Gaff
I was a bit peeved to discover the other day that many of the internet connected boxes ant tvs, only support AD on air, and not on line even though it seems bbc and ch 4 all have AD on their web sites. This seems to be a rather silly ommision considering how little it would cost to add, as its not even a special decode job the ad is simply an alternative stream to the non ad one. It just...
July 15th 13 09:26 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 190
Channel 5 at 8pm by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Meant to watch "World's busiest train station", but turned it on at 8.15 to to find an old episode of "Ice road truckers" running. The EPG showed that it should have been "World's busiest train station". Just checked on YouView and it still shows "WBTS" at that time. Selected it out of interest, expecting to see Ice Road Truckers, but surprisingly "WBTS" loaded! Another example of Channel...
July 15th 13 02:57 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
6 296
And another thing.. by Brian Gaff
Why is it that they can put out Mrs Browns boys where every other word is f*cking, but on Embarrasing bodies on another channel they bleeped out the swear words? I think somone is playing silly buglers. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
July 14th 13 11:01 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 267
Why can't they get it right..grr! by Brian Gaff
Seems to me that the broadcasters are shooting themselves in the foot as far as us blind are concerned. Several times this last few weeks I've tuned into a channel to find an audio described programme showing. Not even the little bleep, but it is in fact there. Last night it was Quests Solved, A few days ago it was several films on Film 4. I've noticed this a great deal, yet you also get...
July 14th 13 07:00 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 196
Wimbledon: what is going on? by Scott[_2_]
Leaving aside the merits of the tennis, what was the BBC's logic in continuing Wimbledon coverage on BBC One and transferring BBC One programmes to BBC Two? National news was straightforward but when it got to the 'regional' news they said that viewers in England and Northern Ireland would need to wait until after Wimbledon for their regional news (the logic I assume being that Scotland and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 12th 13 07:53 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
34 742
Ashes Tests on Freeview by Hugh Newbury
I used to be able to watch the scores ticking up ball by ball with the bowlers' and batsmen's contributions as they happened. Now I can't find where it was. I can get RCh4x, but it's not the same. Has it all been changed? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
July 12th 13 06:54 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
9 558
TOT fan oven by Dave Saville[_2_]
We have a Neff double fan oven. Until recently we had never used the fan mode. But a few months ago the top element of the main oven failed and to replace it you have to take the oven out of the housing and do it from the back! As it takes a week to heat up on only the lower element, we switched to fan mode. At least that element was a) new as in never used, and b) replaceable from the front...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 13 06:46 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
18 429