Post New Thread
brickwork damage by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/brickwork%20damaged%20low%20res.jpg Also, off topic, those of you following 'The Wit and Wisdom of Ben (3)' might be interested to see that the boy can multi-task. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/multi-tasking.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 3rd 13 01:33 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
77 1,254
New TV - Samsung or Panasonic? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
OK, the old (2010) TV died and John Lewis wrote it off of I'm in the market for a new TV again. Looking around it seems it comes down to a new Panasonic, Samsung or Sony so what don't know I, but should? The models that I'm considering are Panasonic TX-L32E6B or Samsung UE32FF500 or Sony KDL32W653ABU. Any other suggestions would be welcome. FWIW, the specs I need which got me here...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 2nd 13 06:56 AM
by alan Go to last post
29 1,094
Latest retune warnings by Davey
Tacolneston is showing warnings for 'Possible Service Disruptions and a need to Re-tune' on May 1st. One day....... -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 13 10:21 AM
by Davey Go to last post
18 347
SOT (somewhat off-topic) - How to specify start time in Listen Again? by Ian Jackson[_2_]
With YouTube, you can specify the time into the recording when it starts playing by adding #t=xmym to the end of the url (where 'x' and 'y' are the number of minutes and seconds from the start). I thought you could do the same for the BBC 'Listen Again' urls - but it doesn't work. However, I'm sure that you can do something similar. Can anyone remember what it is? -- Ian
April 30th 13 03:14 PM
by Mark[_6_] Go to last post
7 365
Poor audio on modern TV sets by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have two 20" (roughly) Sonys, flat screen but rather old, and a brand new one ditto. The new one is normally used along with an audio system, but today, as part of the general rearrangement of my domestic audio-visual facilities (see 'filth') I used it alone. The sound is dreadful compared to the other sets. These have forward-facing speakers. The new set, of course, does not. The sound...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 13 09:00 AM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
14 521
Soundbars - what, you want sound with your TV? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Feeling very "grumpy old man" as I look at possible new TVs and things like... Save 50 when bought with Panasonic Soundbar ....on websites. Apparently manufacturers are now completely happy to admit that the sound from their TVs is so crap that you need to buy a separate speaker system. Paul DS.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 29th 13 09:00 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
64 926
New TV, no surprise about the sound... by Paul D Smith[_2_]
I've read some of the threads I started about sound and just wanted to add a follow up. I've now got my new 32inch LED-lit LCD TV and, as expected, it's "wafer thin". Also as expected the sound is "lacking", though perhaps better than I expected. One interesting aspect of purchasing it was that the John Lewis salesman did offer-up (without any prompting) that the sound really wasn't that...
April 29th 13 08:28 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 139
Filth by Bill Wright[_2_]
There's much excitement here. The 20" Sony that has been our living room telly for some time is to be replaced by a 46" model. The shelf above the telly will have to be raised 50mm. That shelf had all the various components of the hi-fi system on it. I spent some time dismantling this lot, and I was appalled by the dust. No, I can't call it dust, really. Not when it's half an inch thick. A...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 28th 13 10:48 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
15 421
4G moves - who decides? by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've just done the 'after' scan of what we get from the Angus TX to be able to compare the 'cleared for 4G' situation with before the move made last week. Some of the results are at http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/temp/AngusMove.png Looking at this, one question immediately came to my mind? Why on Earth didn't they *also* move the mux away from ch60 down to ch50?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 28th 13 09:53 PM
by reslfj Go to last post
38 767
Choosing Panasonic TV by rbel[_2_]
Actively considering replacing existing Panasonic TV with one of these two 42" models. http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-viera-tx-p42gt50b-plasma-hd-1080p-3d-smart-tv-42-inch-with-freesat-freeview-hd/p231568176 http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-viera-tx-l42e6b-led-hd-1080p-smart-tv-42-inch-with-freeview-hd/p231889200?colour=Silver I appreciate that the first is a plasma model with built-in...
April 27th 13 04:56 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,361
dying by Bill Wright[_2_]
The length of time I've been reading this group I've only ever known one person on it die. Do people die and we don't notice? Has anyone noticed any deaths? Or do we have any volunteers? I mean, given that the average age seems to be about 85 I would have thought people would be dropping like ninepins. There's enough moaning about how crap things are now compared to the good old days I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 26th 13 11:04 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
49 883
TV/DVD combi with Freesat? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Customer wants a 32" or similar TV/DVD combi with Freesat HD built-in. Anyone ever seen such a beast? Bill
April 25th 13 11:52 PM
by Ian Go to last post
6 6,485
Margaret Thatcher by Steve Terry[_2_]
Bill Wright wrote: What a splendid person she was! I'm greatly saddened by her death. Bill So are her entourage of bodyguards who will now have to be redeployed Of the hundreds of industries destroyed by her policies the one i have the most resentment over was the breaking up of nationalised Inmos and it's invention of the Transputer, putting computer hardware back 20 years.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 25th 13 01:16 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
74 1,320
Sound bars by Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]
Has anybody used a TV sound bar, and has any opinions as to quality?
April 25th 13 05:47 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 226
OT C9 Sony video by Brian Gaff
Yes, a Betamax video. Only it won't load tapes. anyone got a long memory of what cuases this rather unfortunate fault? I have a shed load of betamax tapes I thought I'd see what was on them. Bloody heavy machine it is too. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email.
April 25th 13 05:45 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 281
700MHz consultation by [email protected]
Here we go... http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/700mhz-cfi/summary/UHF_SI_call_for_inputs.pdf
April 24th 13 03:49 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 250
My prediction comes true by Bill Wright[_2_]
Some time ago in this hallowed forum I predicted that DIY TV aerials would appear after DSO. These would be omnidirectional. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/WP_000029.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 23rd 13 07:20 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
23 697
Not just a digital TV aerial... by David.WE.Roberts
......but an HD Digital TV Aerial. http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/655415.xml " Full HD Indoor Aerial Amplified indoor antenna for superb reception of Full HD television, DVB-T television and DAB radio
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 23rd 13 08:21 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
24 388
Is anyone getting 4G problems from Crystal Palace by Jim
I get my feed from Crystal Palace and so far I have had no issue with any 4G interference I was just wondering what others on the same transmitter experience has been so far?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 22nd 13 04:00 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
24 370
This programme is not allowed to be recorded by Derek F[_3_]
I am copying some horse racing that I originally recorded on video tape on to DVDs. Suddenly one dubbing stopped with the message This programme is not allowed to be recorded. Why should that be? Years ago when I had Skye on OnDigital that used to happen on occasion. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 13 10:41 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
18 469