Post New Thread
AD update. by Brian Gaff
Firstly, no # yet from 5, but tonight, erm last night they showed both episodes again with AD on both, but on 5USA. What are they doing? Really, well they just sent me an email asking me exactly the info I gave them in the original email about Alkatraz. They say to pass on to engineers. I personally don't think its an engineering problem its a human problem, ie a cock up or as we say, finger...
October 21st 13 03:13 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 213
Sky HD query by Woody[_5_]
I don't have HD but I'm about to set it up for someone. Am I right in thinking that a Sky HD box can only output HD in 720p or 1080i? If so then I presume 1080p is for DVD/BR players only? In which case if the TV is only used for TV viewing by satellite there is no need to buy a 1080p TV - correct? Is it the same for Freeview HD?
October 21st 13 10:19 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 256
Sky dish with freview tv - unbelievable?? by Ghostrecon
I understood that you need a freesat STB to get tv from the 3rd LNB (first 2 used for sky plus)of a sky dish? has something changed? - My ex had someone run a coax from the 3rd lnb to give my daughter tv in her bedroom - the old freesat box they had didnt work so the guy used a fscrew-aerial adaptor and plugged into the aerial socket of a Logik freeview tv and got a picture straight away - no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 13 12:06 AM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
15 500
com7 testing by Scott[_2_]
I read (UK Free TV) that testing of the new BBC HD multiplex is taking place at Crystal Palace. Does anyone know when testing is likely to start at other transmitters, specifically Blackhill?
October 20th 13 09:48 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
0 147
80 kbps mono by Stephen
Thanks for the information. I am still totally bemused by all this. I can remember when BBC television was on Band I and ITA was on Band III. As far as I can remember, Band I contained channels 1 to 5 and Band III contained channels 6 to 13. AIUI each TV channel is divided into four DAB multiplexes. On this basis, Band III has capacity for a total of 32 multiplexes. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 20th 13 09:45 AM
by John Legon Go to last post
201 3,157
Audio description again by Brian Gaff
Last night the much plugged Alcatraz part 1 was screened on Really. It was supposed to have audio description. the little pips told me that it was in the program guide, but apparently Really forgot to switch it on as there were no audio described scenes at all. If broadcasters cannot get this right they will be just ignored by us. Bad information is worse than no information at all, in my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 13 10:21 AM
by Davey Go to last post
10 324
More crap from the BBC by Phil Cook
Auntie to follow the race to the bottom comercials in adding a +1 channel. :-( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24442265 -- Phil Cook
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 13 01:53 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
167 2,526
More Sky queries by Woody[_5_]
Further to my question (now answered) about Sky HD and FTA channels, an ongoing issue. My F-in-L uses Freesat-from-Sky as he lives in an area of Sheffield where a good terrestrial signal only carries Freeview Lite. He is complaining that he is loosing channels - for example some of the news channels such as Euronews, Al-J, RT, and CNN but BBC News and Sky News are OK.
October 18th 13 01:37 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 399
Humax Foxsat HDR: Can watch a recording whilst recording twochannels? by Maurice[_3_]
If recording two channels at the same time (twin feed from dish) is it possible to also - at the same time - watch an existing recording? Have recently found some recordings are missing, and we've seen a brief warning message flash up on 2 separate evenings: "Recording (less than 30 secs) may not be stored." System Diagnostic says both feeds are detected.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 13 12:53 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
16 388
C105 BBC 3 HD. by Tony[_17_]
"Coming soon Channel 73 CBBC HD: Channel 105 BBC 3 HD".. IMV BBC 4 HD would have been a much better option than the dross laden BBC 3.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 13 10:07 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
46 1,727
theft some years ago from Postwick by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone know anything about an incident in which radio equipment was stolen from Postwick, some years ago? Was there any connection, real or alleged, with Radio Caroline? Bill
October 17th 13 09:19 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 166
Quest 4:3 again by Bob L
10:28 last night - Freeview widescreen squeezed into 4x 3 This morning widescreen is back - BUT it is the 4:3 zoomed to fill the width - still long faces etc, and bits on bottom.top missing. And no it is not my set, all other channels fine
October 17th 13 03:30 PM
by Tony[_17_] Go to last post
6 233
Query on freesat by Woody[_5_]
Can anyone tell me, will a Sky HD box show the FTA and FTV HD channels on a Freesat-from-Sky card (or its HD equivalent) without having to pay a Sky subscription? My elderly F-in-L lives in an area of Sheffield where he can only get Freeview Lite, so I fixed him up with a s/h Sky box and F-f-S card. He is very happy with it but tends to watch some of the less glorious channels - Thomas Cook...
October 17th 13 12:18 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
1 183
Saint John Vianney 8-19-71 by [email protected]
St. John Vianney says, "Man forgets the purpose of life. It is the sanctification of the Soul; the Goal, Sainthood. Children are not being taught this type of love. It is being skimmed over, omitted, and cast aside with human nature involvement. Also, satan is using mankind in many ways. He is diverting him from truth, God's Way." REVELATION DELIVERED THROUGH FRANCES M. KLUG ON AUGUST...
October 17th 13 05:39 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
3 215
BBC Climate Change Bias (not from Bill) by Ian
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/oct/09/greg-barker-bbc-climat e-change-sceptics -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 13 08:15 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
72 933
Crystal Palace Mux 7 Testing by Mark Carver
Mux 7 seems to have been fired up today at Crystal Palace Al Jazeera English HD test loop running at LCN 794, on UHF Ch 33 it seems ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
October 15th 13 05:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
0 216
Quiz question by Bill Wright[_2_]
What item of electrical equipment has its most important quality measured in 'holes'? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 14th 13 03:33 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
105 1,637
Have the BBC screwed up their TV iPlayer downloads? by Ian Jackson[_2_]
Is it just me, or have the BBC well and truly screwed up their TV iPlayer downloads? Apparently, from 26 September, you cannot download anything without first installing their iPlayer Downloads program. You seem to have no option than to download a massive mp4 file (one hour being around 700MB, which takes for ever and a day on a 1.5Mb/s feed). To add insult to injury, some reason the mp4...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 12th 13 07:47 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
21 697
Fixing aerials in Australia by Bill Wright[_2_]
Here's a bit of an insight into the Australian installation trade. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fy3tix575xc6niu/i0G5fZjJd5 Bill
October 11th 13 08:53 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 282
4G interference by Bill Wright[_2_]
In Rotherham we are now getting a lot of problems with 4G overloading the communal systems. Filters are working except for the systems using ch60. So far we've been able to take these off Belmont and put them on Emley or Crosspool. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 13 10:42 PM
by alan Go to last post
26 796