Post New Thread
New Humax 9200 fault? by Dickie mint[_2_]
Haven't used this for a while, as we also have a Foxsat HDR. Last night (Sunday) Foxsat reported a recording clash at 2100 as BBC3 Russell Howard started - watching BBC1HD and was recording Endeavour on itv HD. So cancelled itvHD on Foxsat HDR and switched on 9200, changed from BBC1 to itv1 and pressed record button. Came down this morning to find it said REC 55mins. Couldn't think what...
May 10th 13 08:56 PM
by Jockothy Go to last post
1 143
RF2 red eye on a Freesat+ PVR ? by postmaster @ stejonda
We're thinking of dumping Sky and going for Freesat+ but use the powered Rf2 out on the Sky box to control the box from other rooms. Is there a PVR that can do this? -- Simon 12) The Second Rule of Expectations An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
May 10th 13 03:53 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 202
Why does programme guide sometimes have holes in it? by Brian Gaff
By which I mean, when running up the channels there are often a lot which say, no information available. often one can jump start it by unplugging the box and then waiting for it to get the data again after repowering. It never used to happen until a few months back. Its a Goodmans Smart talk. Is it death by degrees already? The only way it can now keep AD through most programs is by turning...
May 10th 13 03:50 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 134
BBC1 this morning by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was watching BBC1 Emley Moor. At about 1.03 there was a temporal discontinuity of perhaps 0.3secs and 'II' (or perhaps '11') appeared top right as an OSG. A minute or so later there was another temporal discontinuity and the OSG disappeared. In between the two events the picture and sound were normal. It was partly from the US and partly from the studio. It seemed as if the output had been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 10th 13 02:48 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
18 227
4G in London by [email protected]
Base stations were switched on today by Hutchison (791-796MHz) and EE (796-801MHz). Exact locations not known. I've not seen any results from the first week's interference tests. Has anyone?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 8th 13 01:06 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
17 261
Today's Freecycle offer by R. Mark Clayton
"Davey" wrote in message ... On Tue, 7 May 2013 14:49:51 +0100 "R. Mark Clayton" wrote: "The catch is its all in Chinese ......." -- Davey.
May 8th 13 12:42 PM
by Davey Go to last post
1 308
New BBC Bias? by The Other John
This week I've noticed five presenters and/or newsreaders wearing purple ties which just happens to be UKIP's colour - could this be the reason for UKIP's success in the elections? :) TOJ.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 8th 13 09:14 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
29 402
Freesat HD STB? by David.WE.Roberts
I am back to using the Bush HD STB but even after a prolonged rest it is not of the best. Last night it had a couple of rows of red dashes across the screen which stayed overnight with the box in standby. It also stopped obeying most of the remote control keys. Powered down and up this morning and this cleared it, but this does not bode well for long term reliability.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 7th 13 04:05 PM
by David.WE.Roberts Go to last post
11 185
more old memories resulting from domestic reorganisation by Bill Wright[_2_]
If you put a CRT set near a big speaker the colours go funny. I'd quite forgotten. If you feed the output from an HD box that you normally feed into a modern telly into an old CRT set, isn't it horrible? The imperfect geometry that we used to take for granted hits you in the eye. However the sound from that old portable is far better than from its modern equivalent. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 6th 13 06:57 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
30 431
broadband DTT signal meters by J. P. Gilliver (John)
In message , viewer writes: Can any of you report performance post DSO, when total combined power of all TV channels/multiplexes has significantly dropped since pre-DSO ? I thought it increased? -- J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)[email protected]+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
May 6th 13 09:41 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
4 123
Freeview box? by Sla#s[_2_]
I can't seem to find a Freeview box that has, recording, DVD, Wi-Fi, will play all the catch up stations and will play *avi/*mkv/*mp4 files. Several say iPlayer but neglect the others. And none of them seem to play *mp4 files. Any thoughts? The best I can come up with is a Media PC. Thing is I had a 'Tranquil'* and it was rubbish! (Five power supplies and several burnt out internal bits) So
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 13 08:13 PM
by rbel[_2_] Go to last post
12 212
teletext on DTT by Bill Wright[_2_]
We've been asked to install a system in which various BBC TV channels will be carried, but on a mux that will be generated at the head-end. Does anyone know what happens about the teletext? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 5th 13 07:10 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
27 439
broadband DTT signal meters by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , viewer wrote: There's plenty of these DTT broadband power detecting antenna signal meters around. Are they any good ? These may help you decide http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/DVB/FringeCal.html http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/DVB/SLXmeter.html
May 5th 13 04:04 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
0 150
BBC bias - again! by Woody[_5_]
A simple one this morning on the BBC Breakfast sports report just after 06:30. They made great show of the fact that a (giant!) Welsh rugby player would be captain and also reported that the 37-man squad comprises 15 Welsh, 9 Irish, and 3 Scots, No mention of ENGLISH players, which at 10 is the second largest contingent!!! If Scotland do gain independence (heaven forbid) I think this BBC...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 5th 13 11:57 AM
by Ramsman Go to last post
35 519
Radio 4 cock up by Bill Wright[_2_]
1.06am Weds.The news went off in mid sentence to be replaced by a programme about Asia. Bill
May 4th 13 11:34 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
7 152
Old memories revisited whilst reorganising my consumer electronicsready for a new telly by Bill Wright[_2_]
1. When you autotune an old Panasonic to the analogue CCTV channels it leaves 1, 2, and 3 blank, because it can't find BBC1, BBC2, and ITV. 2. My label machine does a lot of things I don't understand. 3. My old Quintro scart switcher does a lot of things I don't understand. 4. SCARTS are really crap for coming loose. 5. Squirting compressed air into a very early CD player can be effective: it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 3rd 13 06:25 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
45 621
brickwork damage by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/brickwork%20damaged%20low%20res.jpg Also, off topic, those of you following 'The Wit and Wisdom of Ben (3)' might be interested to see that the boy can multi-task. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/multi-tasking.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 3rd 13 01:33 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
77 1,253
New TV - Samsung or Panasonic? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
OK, the old (2010) TV died and John Lewis wrote it off of I'm in the market for a new TV again. Looking around it seems it comes down to a new Panasonic, Samsung or Sony so what don't know I, but should? The models that I'm considering are Panasonic TX-L32E6B or Samsung UE32FF500 or Sony KDL32W653ABU. Any other suggestions would be welcome. FWIW, the specs I need which got me here...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 2nd 13 06:56 AM
by alan Go to last post
29 1,094
Latest retune warnings by Davey
Tacolneston is showing warnings for 'Possible Service Disruptions and a need to Re-tune' on May 1st. One day....... -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 13 10:21 AM
by Davey Go to last post
18 347
SOT (somewhat off-topic) - How to specify start time in Listen Again? by Ian Jackson[_2_]
With YouTube, you can specify the time into the recording when it starts playing by adding #t=xmym to the end of the url (where 'x' and 'y' are the number of minutes and seconds from the start). I thought you could do the same for the BBC 'Listen Again' urls - but it doesn't work. However, I'm sure that you can do something similar. Can anyone remember what it is? -- Ian
April 30th 13 03:14 PM
by Mark[_6_] Go to last post
7 365
Post New Thread