Post New Thread
Connecting twin satellite cable to receiver by rbel[_2_]
I will be running twin WF100 2x7mm cable through an exterior wall to an interior position adjacent to a receiver/HTPC. Is there likely to be a discernable difference in the signal between connecting directly to the receiver using F plugs and terminating the cable at a twin wall F plug socket and then running fly leads to the receiver? -- rbel
June 4th 13 02:11 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
1 269
Who runs Movie Mix? by Brian Gaff
Do they pride themselves on having the most terrible films and the crappiest rerun series in the UK? If so they seem to be spot on. Bay watch, really? Who owns this station. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 13 02:52 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
11 678
+1 channels by viewer[_4_]
I'm tired of the proliferation of +1 channels, eg ITV1+1. Ch4 +1. What we need are -1 (minus 1) channels. Especially on Channel 4, Racing UK and At the Races. This way, I can see the winners, back them, and never need to work again.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 2nd 13 03:12 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
65 928
Freeview lite by David[_9_]
Out in caravan this weekend and the only terrestrial transmission was one of those doing limited number of stations. First thought was these people living here missing some important programs. Then I was shocked to find a couple that I was receiving were +1 ones. Regards David
June 1st 13 09:13 AM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
3 267
Humax Foxsat-HD box report by David.WE.Roberts
Well, it does seem better than the Bush - at least it hasn't overheated yet. More features, better menu layout. However the iPlayer bit seems dubious to say the least. Software not updated since 2010 so a really old product (in technical terms).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 13 07:51 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
35 757
Freeview Ch 303 Red Button HD by Mark Carver
Just popped up today I think, on Ch 303 (on DVB-T2 sets only) a holding page for a soon to launch BBC Red Button: HD service. So is that the fifth 'unsold' slot on the HD mux finally being utilised ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 13 06:07 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
11 375
OLEDs and such by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Colleagues, The ongoing progress of OLED displays led me to wonder something: does anyone know why organic LEDs are considered suitable for making TV and computer displays, but ordinary LEDs are not? Presumably each pixel needs an RGB triplet whichever technology is used. Each sub-pixel will require it's own drive current. This must be the same basic requirement regardless of which type of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 31st 13 08:17 AM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
26 499
one for you scientists by Adrian
Bill Wright wrote: Steve Terry wrote: Bill Wright wrote: Paul Ratcliffe wrote: On Mon, 27 May 2013 15:57:08 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: snip I like the supermarkets. I like the choice and the competition. I like to look at the young housewives as they bend over the freezers...
May 30th 13 11:47 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
0 97
more info re under 11s football incident by Steve Terry[_2_]
Sara wrote: In article , Andy Champ wrote: On 14/05/2013 07:46, Brian Gaff wrote: I'm reminded of that Star Trek episode where there were two aliens both hlf black and half white who hated each other as the sides were different and opposite. Star Trek had a very enlightened attitude to race. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 30th 13 06:32 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
115 1,072
Reception - prevailing conditions. by Ian Field
For a few days now, Freeview has been a bit iffy (SG6) - I've also noticed one of my MSF60 radio controlled clocks hasn't been updating properly.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
33 696
more info re under 11s football incident by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Tue, 14 May 2013 13:46:00 +0100, Sara wrote: When I gave someone at work a bollocking for describing me to someone as "the IT lady" one of the directors remarked "quite right, if someone called me "the ** gentleman" I'd want to thump them." I have a job title, if you're not sure what it is, use the same standard of fudging you would for a man. For...
May 29th 13 07:48 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
0 92
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Sat, 11 May 2013 00:18:28 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote: Very poor picture performance compared to a decent shadow mask set. Viewed under optimum conditions. They couldn't produce accurate flesh tones. Istr you could be right about the Trinitron domestic sets, but the Sony monitor I used for ten years retained excellent colour faithfulness during its duty....
May 28th 13 11:29 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 115
Argos TV gone? by Brian Gaff
Not that I'm a shopping channel watcher, but this channel on Freeview has not been there long and when I've checked recently the channel is blank. Brian -- From the Bed of Brian Gaff. The email is valid as Blind user.
May 26th 13 12:46 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 2,690
Ch 5 are aload of idiots. by Brian Gaff
Well no I'm not going to moan about their competitions that a trained iguana could get right, its their audio description. Monday and tuesday night had a two part CSI. the gimmick is the first was Las Vagas, the second New York, but they were parts of the same story. They audio describe the first part and not the second part. Taking the **** or what. OK, its only a tv show, but with this level...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 13 11:26 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
19 416
Sky News transponder issues on freesat by F[_2_]
I've changed nothing on my Foxsat-HDR, nor on the Hauppage card in my desktop, but over the past few days Sky News has been fine, or breaking up, or simply AWOL with a no/bad signal message and signal strength and quality both at 0%. The other channels on the same transponder also go missing. Oddly enough, the channel has returned in the evenings, showing signal strength at 85% and quality...
May 25th 13 02:47 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 516
Countryfile by Bill Wright[_2_]
What possessed them to put ludicrously unrealistic fake tramlines over a sequence showing Japanese vegetables? Why? Why? Why? Why? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 25th 13 12:17 PM
by Andy Champ[_2_] Go to last post
45 591
Such a thing as a CT100 coax tacker by Jim
I'm looking for some kind of cable tacker that will do my CT100 coax, i can find loads of CT100 staples but no mention of a CT100 gun, does anyone know if such a thing is around I have tried eBay but most say no it won't work but my only option can't be those nasty cable clips, can they? Jim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 24th 13 07:50 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
29 683
Humax PVR-9300T failed to record. by Alaric
This evening I confirmed that my Humax PVR-9300T was set to record "Bankers" on BBC 2 at 9pm and "NCIS" on Channel Five, also at 9pm. Subsequently I discovered that neither programme had been recorded. They both remained in the Recording Schedule. This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. It does seem odd however, that two programmes should fail to be recorded at the same...
May 24th 13 09:06 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
1 332
Sky HD box by Woody[_5_]
Anyone know if a Sky HD box with a Freesat card will get the FTA HD channels? Not interested in recording capability, just the TV in HD. -- Woody harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
May 23rd 13 06:34 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 177
OT. Playing American Blue ray discs in UK do you do it? by David[_9_]
My Sony Blue ray will only do UK discs but will do multi region ordinary DVDs. I have seen some Blue ray movies I would like but not sold in the UK only as DVDs. From what I gather Sony have made it extremely difficult to multi region players for Blue ray, not a bit like the mass market we have with DVD players that are already MR or you can easily convert with a few presses of remote...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 22nd 13 11:52 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
29 674