Post New Thread
freesat text service by Bob E
Haven't been able to get this for a few hours now, menu comes up but vanishes when selecting a page. Freeview is OK. Anyone know why? Bob
September 30th 13 09:35 PM
by Bob E Go to last post
0 174
Remote control death throwes. by Brian Gaff
I think my Goodmans Smart talk remote is on the blink. Despite new batteries I note that sometimes it won't operate on any buttons, but after a samack it starts to work, but the OK button half the time stops while other ones still work, and sometimes the down arrow or prog info button do not work. is there any point in looking inside or is it likely to be a knackered membrane keypad? Who...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 13 06:42 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
18 543
RT changes through Sky and Freesat satellite TV services. by Rick[_10_]
http://rt.com/news/rt-uk-satellite-operators-324/
September 29th 13 10:29 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 280
Talking of program content.. by Brian Gaff
There has recently been a series running on one freeview channel made in Eire and seems to be about animals in distress. Nearly every episode has what one might call a non story. Scraping the barrel comes to mind. The one I witnessed recently was indeed a cat stuck up a tree for some days, however when they finally got ready to get it down, it found its own way down, so all that build up and...
September 28th 13 09:11 PM
by alan Go to last post
1 153
Crane flies by Jeff Layman[_2_]
An absolute plague of them this year. I don't have too much concern what the leatherjackets might do to the lawn, but does anyone have any experience of leatherjacket damage in borders or pots? -- Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 13 10:42 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
10 260
Falling on deaf ears by R B Burgoyne
I have lived id this spot in the West Midlands for 74 years, 4 days before WW2 started, my age then about five and a half years. With no electricity or mains water Dads business making wooden poultry appliances came to a halt, the eleven 11 young men he had employed already called up into the army. With two of my sisters we walked over a mile to start at a new school. The pump for the well...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 13 12:39 AM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
11 318
DVB-T/T2 packet metadata parsing by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I'm currently finishing off some work on iplayer and plan to move on to a fresh look at DVB-T2. I recorded some streams during the 'proms' and these have prompted some things I want to investigate. I've also been talking to someone I know who says there are more changes coming along to the details stream specs, and I found some of the recent BBC RB 303 HD proms won't play in an old VLC when...
September 27th 13 12:29 AM
by Andy Furniss[_3_] Go to last post
7 412
Big school by Bill Wright[_2_]
In the recent episode, where they have a talent show, look at the close- up of the kids who hold up the scores for the last act, near the end of the prog. Compare the drawing of the number '10' with the way it is drawn in the more distant shot that follows. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 26th 13 11:33 PM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
141 2,254
Shocking betrayal of the NHS. by Ian Field
By Tom McTague 30 Comments NHS reforms scandal: Hospitals charging patients for treatment that used to be free 26 Sep 2013 00:00 Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham said the secret development after Tory reforms was the "next scandal" to hit the NHS
September 26th 13 09:04 PM
by Derek F[_3_] Go to last post
1 175
Signal Drop by Pinnerite[_2_]
Following the recent messages to re-tune for Film4, I found that my two computers with TV cards could hardly recover many channels following a scan. I switched wall sockets as some had hitherto given better results. No difference. The only common feature is a 1970s Labgear distribution amplifier in my loft. Its power indicator lamp is still on but its UHF transistor might have been kicked...
September 26th 13 07:40 PM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
4 318
Toraidhe Pikeys restore Dickensian times. by Ian Field
Austerity Britain: Starving families 'stealing meat and cheese' as cuts continue to bite 24 Sep 2013 00:00 Lancashire Police officers are reporting a month-on-month increase in the shoplifting of basic foodstuffs as families struggle http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/personal-finance/austerity-britain-starving-families-stealing-2296520
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 13 06:51 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
15 450
Proceeds of crime. by Ian Field
Tories under pressure to hand over millions donated by City broker nailed for interest rates fixing 25 Sep 2013 21:43 City broker ICAP was fined 54million by regulators in the US and Britain - and three of its former staff were charged with fraud http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/conservatives-under-pressure-hand-over-2301825
September 26th 13 06:09 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 123
Inconsistent implementation of DVB T1 standard? by Bill Wright[_2_]
I've been building a head end that has three DVB muxes, each carrying four services. I tested it on a variety of TV sets and set top boxes. The more interesting results: New Sony TV set: Listed all services in 'found' order, put them in 800 to 811. Old Humax DTT box: Put the services I had labelled BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, C4 into LCN 1-4, put the other services into 800 to 807.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 25th 13 08:41 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
28 561
Internet connection on my tv by Hugh Newbury
I've just retuned my tv and it says there are several stations that can be viewed via the internet, but that I've no connection. I get my internet connection via a router, all the computers connecting to it by wifi. I can't run a cable from the tv to the router, but can I get a dongle to fit into the tv to do the job? Hugh --
September 25th 13 04:06 PM
by charles Go to last post
9 284
The wit and wisdom of Ben, 4 by Bill Wright[_2_]
Ben came into the living room and his mum said, "Ah, there you are!" He held out his arms in a theatrical gesture and announced, "Yes here I am! I'm the man of the moment!" Thanks to tree screening his parents needed a new aerial the other day. Ben helped install it. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Ben%20holding%20the%20new%20aerial.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 25th 13 02:50 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
32 661
More Ben (4) by Bill Wright[_2_]
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus: "Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?" Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 24th 13 11:37 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
38 818
Anyone for a cuppa? by Ian Field
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BMUC4Yb4z4&feature=youtu.be
September 24th 13 03:45 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 162
Overheard while in garden. by Brian Gaff
Children and dog having fun in garden. Suddenly the dog got very stressed and a female voice, presumably a parent said Jake don't pull poppys tail. Jake then said why not what is it for then. There was a pause as obviously she could not think of a reason for the tail and she came back with, its not for pulling Jake. I did not hear any more, but no doubt she went straight onto the Interweb...
September 24th 13 10:03 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 199
Avtex L236DRS USB port won't reliably read camera jpeg files by Neil[_5_]
Hi. Hoping very much, that someone here can help out with this problem. My old caravan TV screen gave up and I have replaced it with an Avtex L236DRS - megabucks! After teething troubles, most of which(not all) are sorted, I am having a problem with the use of the USB to read pictures(.jpg files) from my little Praktica 4Mp camera.
September 23rd 13 03:54 PM
by Neil[_5_] Go to last post
8 640
Artificial speech hoots. by Brian Gaff
I have one of those Goodmans Smart talk boxes which I got on the switchover scheme. OK they work adequately, but do have some foibles, I've mentioned the incredible vanishing AD here before, but one of the designers must have had a sense of humour, as although the speech of the menus and such is pretty clear, the programme names are often not so lucky. Here is what it sounds like it says and...
September 23rd 13 01:26 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 208
Post New Thread