Post New Thread
Diy Freesat by rbel[_2_]
I have decided to try a diy Freesat installation and the first question is, would a 54/60 cms dish mounted at right angles to a 5 metre long wall, pointing 28.2 degrees east of south and correctly elevated, run into reception problems because its path is too close to the wall? The wall is higher than the top of the dish. Iffy ASCII plan view dish )
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 20th 13 07:31 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 1,077
TOT The wit and wisdom of Ben, 3. by Bill Wright[_2_]
Ben recently went on a trip round a stately home. On the way home he said, "Mummy, why is our house so small?" A few days later when driving past a huge block of dingy Doncaster council flats: "Look Mummy! A stately home!" Then, when driving down a street of terraced houses in Balby, "Mummy, why are all the houses stuck together?" Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 13 06:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
18 390
more info re under 11s football incident by tony sayer
In article , Roderick Stewart scribeth thus On Tue, 14 May 2013 16:23:03 +0100, PeterC wrote: Terms such as "actress", "waitress" etc. are sexist as they refer to one gender; "actor", waiter" etc. So are "Mr", "Mrs", "Ms" etc, but we use them. What's wrong with refering to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 20th 13 04:01 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
36 345
Piping Sky+HD around the home by Doug Paulley
I suspect this is a FAQ; if so I apologise, I have done some searching... Currently I have an old Sky box. It has a SCART and RF1 connection to my PC which has a composite and analogue video in card. That's in my messy room. My bedroom and in my lounge (in my small 1 person flat in a care home) is connected by WF100 to a passive insulated splitter which is in turn connected to RF2 on my Skybox....
May 20th 13 03:28 PM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
0 174
DTT boxes by Bill Wright[_2_]
Anyone any ideas for DTT receivers with front panel channel change, or rack mounted ones? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 13 09:42 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
14 230
more info re under 11s football incident by S Viemeister[_2_]
On 5/14/2013 4:09 PM, Steve Thackery wrote: Bill Wright wrote: The receptionist froze, her eyes wide open. She whispered, "All right, thank you," and actually waved me away, like a smell. It was clear that I'd made a major social gaffe. Something is very wrong here. I rather think it was the combination of "black" and "girl" which was offensive.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 20th 13 04:45 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
24 251
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dave Plowman (News) wrote: A two year old mono set. But since I was going round fixing aerials for colour set owners I assumed that like them I'd have to close the curtains for a colour set. Your Trinitron gave a satisfactory picture in direct sunlight? Wish we could get such a device for location work.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 13 08:27 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
79 695
Very basic cabling/distribution advice needed please, Final update by Jim
OK just wanted to post back and say thanks to all of you who helped me with some basic advise on my cabling options indoors, it took longer then i had hoped but flat had be done and new kitchen etc fitted and i have been able (with your help) to re-wire my set-up and it's working fine, so once again many thx folks for all your suggestions. Jim
May 19th 13 12:02 AM
by Jim Go to last post
0 170
Is there anything like Sky Arts available FTA on satellite? by postmaster @ stejonda
Is there anything like Sky Arts available FTA on satellite? -- Simon 12) The Second Rule of Expectations An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 13 08:20 PM
by postmaster @ stejonda Go to last post
18 367
Unusual Humax 9200 activity. by [email protected]
Last night, at about 01:20, my 9200 started what appeared to be a scheduled recording. It claimed to be recording "Parks and Recreation" to start at 01:20 and to finish at 22:20. I hope this picture can be seen, google have "improved" their services once mo (picture shows the EPG with info as...
May 16th 13 12:29 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
1 243
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Paul Ratcliffe
On Mon, 13 May 2013 19:17:05 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: Damaged being actually knowing rather more about picture quality than you? Happy to be damaged. Dave, do you have to adopt such an unpleasant manner? We're just hanging out having a chat, aren't we? Yes he's made me cry, the brute.
May 16th 13 09:10 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 100
more info re under 11s football incident by Sara
In article , Roderick Stewart wrote: On Tue, 14 May 2013 16:58:41 +0100, Sara wrote: Terms such as "actress", "waitress" etc. are sexist as they refer to one gender; "actor", waiter" etc. So are "Mr", "Mrs", "Ms" etc, but we use them. What's wrong with
May 16th 13 09:09 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 113
TOT (probably) mysterious object by RufusOldboots
Does anyone have any idea what this is? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46396388/IMAG0148_1_1.jpg It's metal, 2 inches long and the wider end has a slot in it probably for a screwdriver. TIA Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 15th 13 11:16 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
21 410
No Freeview problems in London 800MHz trials - official by Ian Jackson[_2_]
No Freeview problems in London 800MHz trials. From Broadband TV News, 15 May 2013: http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/05/15/no-freeview-problems-in-london -800mhz-trials/ -- Ian
May 15th 13 08:51 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
7 181
more info re under 11s football incident by Paul Ratcliffe
On Tue, 14 May 2013 20:54:19 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: I understand from my B-i-L that it is considered "classist" to say "Ladies & Gentlemen". but somehow beginning a speech with "You guys" doesn't seem right to my ears. You could try "Listen up, plebs..." and see what reaction that gets. I usually start with, "Good afternoon everyone."
May 15th 13 08:01 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 81
'Protected area' in centre of screen? by Scott[_2_]
I thought there was a rule that all important details, such as captions, maps etc, should be confined to the centre part of the screen so viewers with 4:3 televisions can still follow the programme. I see that recently Channel 4 News seems to be ignoring this and so too does BBC Breakfast but to a lesser degree. This got me wondering: (1) whether such a rule exists and (2) whether it is 4:3 or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 15th 13 09:40 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
43 562
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Mark Carver wrote: Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: Yes, the big surprise when we bought out first one was that we could watch TV without closing the curtains.
May 15th 13 03:43 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 81
Humax 1TB Freeview recorder and wifi by Bill Wright[_2_]
With the dongle plugged into the back of the box the picture flashes all the time and the wifi won't connect. With the dongle on a 0.5m extension cable everything works fine. Any ideas? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 15th 13 03:43 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
17 274
more info re under 11s football incident by Norman Wells[_6_]
Bill Wright wrote: Sara wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: Sara wrote: Very few people would call a man doing a certain job (for example) "the accounts gentlemen" rather than accounts manager or whatever his job title is (or even "Bob who looks after the finance"), but
May 14th 13 09:52 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
0 151
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Graham.[_2_]
On Mon, 13 May 2013 20:24:25 +0100, "Ian Field" wrote: "Steve Thackery" wrote in message ... Ian Field wrote: You must've been doing it wrong then - I never could get the old
May 14th 13 09:44 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
0 136
Post New Thread