Post New Thread
Satellite new HD stations that are being added to Terrestrial. by David[_9_]
Can I get these new HD programs on the other channels on my Freesat TV, if yes what are the settings please? Freesat webpage is silent and they can't be asked by e-mail. Regards David
November 27th 13 07:18 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 197
Dr Who by Gary[_4_]
Watched Dr Who in 3d . it was really well done.
November 27th 13 06:40 PM
by Clem Dye[_2_] Go to last post
6 217
HD tv tuner box? by Hugh Newbury
I have a Panasonic HDD recorder, but now I have a new HD Ready tv I need a HD tv tuner box. Can I buy just the tuner without having to get and install a new HDD recorder? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
November 27th 13 01:13 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
5 227
Repair a Television by soup
Below is a copy of a message sent to LG does anyone here have any ideas? No surge in power was observed, TV was working as normal then it was switched off when going out, now will not power No red light, no flashing blue light, nothing. Have checked the socket is delivering 240 Volts (actually slightly over)
November 27th 13 10:15 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
6 242
Local TV by Dickie mint[_2_]
Story on tonight's Midlands Today about Comux firing up their National Operations Centre based in Birmingham. Comux website: http://comux.co.uk/news/2013/comux-switches-on-the-local-tv-digital-transmission-network/ Richard
November 26th 13 09:41 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
0 170
Audience over exuberance? (if I could spell it) by Brian Gaff
I used to be an audience back in the 80s, well a member of many of them, and I do not recall all this blatant cheering and whistling and going berserk that seems to go on on tv shows nowadays. Do they lace the cups of water you can get with controlled substances or what. I caught part of SGD andNo not Scotums of Gard Dogs, you know what I'm referrring to, and they wer going hyper, well into...
November 26th 13 01:25 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 255
TOT and also rather disgusting by Bill Wright[_2_]
Had to laugh this afternoon. Bella, the spaniel without a brain, decided to take a crap half way up the steep drive, right in the middle. God alone knows why she chose that spot, but she did. Her 'sister' Lola is always very sensible in finding places to crap. She generally finds a nice secluded spot in the shrubbery. This is quite unlike the sadly lost and gone Toby, who was christened 'The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 26th 13 11:58 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
24 499
The Potter's Wheel by Pinnerite[_2_]
On saturday night I watched a live performance of Chekov's The Seagull. It wasn't long before I was longing for the said wheel! -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4 -desktop-1.mga3 KDE version 4.10.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 13 11:53 AM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
10 349
Dr Who after party on BBC3 by Brian Gaff
Oh deary me. 15 second delay to LA or whatever, how can they get it that bad when the australian one was less than 2 seconds at its worst. Where are the engineers when you need them. Surely they must have tested this before the show... No? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 13 09:21 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
14 306
Advice on signal boosters please by Hugh Newbury
I've had to buy a new tv, so I got an LG27ma43d. It has no RFout socket, so I run the aerial into the Panasonic DMR-XW380 HDD first, then into the tv from there. I would much rather have the aerial on the tv, so I really need a booster box with 2 outlets. There seem to be dozens of them on the net, so I need advice as to which to get.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 25th 13 09:23 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
44 861
TV IR remote fun by Paul D Smith[_2_]
OK, perhaps OT, but it's controlling a TV using a digital IR ;-). If you're not interested, apologies and stop reading. Thought you might like to hear of some fun I've been having with a Samsung TV. The TV lives in a works canteen and the owners want to display both a TV picture, and also a webpage with useful company bumf. To cut a long story short, the TV is "smart", but not that smart...
November 25th 13 03:47 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
8 269
The ghost in the machine by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:53:39 +0000, tony sayer wrote: OK all noted but it still seems that theres nothing that Linux can do that Windows doesn't do for the average Joe user?.. Except cost nothing, and not require activation, and install in less than half an hour instead of half a day. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 25th 13 01:35 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
32 534
OTB... Video problem and a laugh... by Woody[_5_]
Has anyone come across this one that can give me a clue. I am running XP SP3. I have just loaded Family Tree Maker 2014 which is specified as suitable for XP, Vista, 7 and 8. When I start the prog a small box appears in the middle of the screen with a 'running line' showing that the application is initialising. Whilst the box is present the screen goes black for about a second seven times...
November 25th 13 10:00 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 196
Soft BBC - AGAIN by Woody[_5_]
Just been watching an item about Kennedy's assassination on BBC Breakfast. They showed the famous colour film of the motorcade from a high point but cut it short as "what happened next is too horrific to show." Eh? I remember as a 13 year old exactly where I was and what I was doing at the time of the announcement and for days afterwards the various pieces of film (videotape was in its...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 25th 13 03:13 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
20 438
It makes yer weep by Bill Wright[_2_]
The customer of long-standing rung up to say that he couldn't control one of his satellite boxes from other rooms, and that the picture was poor. Reception of terrestrial TV was 'iffy'. He'd had a new box following the demise of the old one. It turned out that the 'engineer' who'd installed it (no names no pack drill) had (a) ignored the label on the aerial feed to the TV set and connected...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 13 12:13 PM
by Tim+[_2_] Go to last post
19 510
Too much news by Brian Gaff
Is there too much news being broadcast. I mean its everywhere these days, even 24 hour if you want it. I'm not sure, I used to think that lots of different takes on the news were good things, listening to the short wave stations with their completely different angles on stories. However now I've noticed that although rt and the Arab funded channels do sort of have different angles, its...
November 24th 13 09:57 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
8 209
moisture content of mushrooms by [email protected]
On Sunday, 17 November 2013 05:13:21 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote: The ones that hold less water have not mush room inside? This is what the internet was invented for ;-)
November 22nd 13 09:58 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 159
Channel 4 oddity by Hugh Newbury
Ch4 appears on my new tv on DTV4 and DTV8. I think it was only on DTV4 on my old tv. And no, it's not in Welsh on DTV8! Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
November 22nd 13 05:43 PM
by Hugh Newbury Go to last post
2 229
current limited rechargables? by Mike[_19_]
In article , Roderick Stewart wrote: However, it's physically possible to connect lots of PP3s in a zigzag arrangement which puts them in series. You have to zig-zag the batteries to get AC, I think ... http://www.instructables.com/id/Mini-emergency-electricity-backup/
November 22nd 13 05:42 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 232
Muxes 7 and 8 Winter Hill by Mark Carver
Reports that they've been sparked up this afternoon, UHF Chs 31 and 37, carrying null packets ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
November 22nd 13 07:23 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 216
Post New Thread