Post New Thread
Oh no not another +1 channel. by Brian Gaff
The ch4 movie channel, why, surely with film length stuff, it should be plus at least two hours! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 7th 13 01:01 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
56 688
OT. Computer to Monitor connection? by David[_9_]
Computer has DVi and HDMi outputs monitor has them too as inputs. (small HDMi on computer.) Presently got 2 adaptors into the DVi's and a D15 cable in use, and using the top Resolution of 1920x1088 (recommended) What are the differences between methods, I know DVi does not carry sound and HMDi does, but I'm not wanting sound to the monitor. Can see the DVi connector far more secure...
August 7th 13 09:29 AM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
4 231
Humax PVR 9300T & HDMI by Clive Wallis[_2_]
Hi, I've recently got an LG 32LN575-ZE TV and am using this with the Humax 9300T PVR. Works fine with the HDMI connection, but I've noticed that the TV doesn't automatically switch over to the PVR when the latter is switched on. No such problems with the SCART connection, except that the picture quality isn't as good as with HDMI.
August 6th 13 11:14 PM
by Ian Go to last post
5 797
UK completes 4G airwave clearance for mobile networks by Java Jive[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23500780# The UK's 4G airwave clearance is set to be completed later this Wednesday, five months ahead of the original deadline. Engineers are expected to sign off on work in the north-east of Scotland and the Western Isles, paving the way for more super-fast mobile networks. -- =========================================================
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 6th 13 05:22 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
28 492
Mr Propeller Head by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/pics/1006302_10151565895152129_1207725250_n%5B1%5D.jpg Bill
August 6th 13 08:42 AM
by Alan White[_2_] Go to last post
6 190
Measurement Fun and 4G Filters by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Just to let people know that now the issue of WotSat with my 4G filter measurements has appeared I've put up an expanded page on how I did the measurements, inc. the noise source I used. Slainte, Jim -- Please use the address on the audiomisc page if you wish to email me.
August 5th 13 06:02 PM
by madge Go to last post
6 327
aerial amp/splitter that will send DC power up the RF cable like a Sky box? by postmaster @ stejonda
We've switched from Sky to Humax Freesat boxes recently. I used RF1 to feed Freeview to the main TV & RF2 to the other 3 TVs in the house. This also provided DC power to an amplifier/splitter upstairs. The Humax has only one RF out and doesn't provide DC. Thus I currently have the old Sky+ box providing that function which is a waste of electricity as well as space and is an unwelcome...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 4th 13 09:47 PM
by postmaster @ stejonda Go to last post
15 399
Temporary dropouts on ITV1 from Rowridge by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Anyone else been noticing these over the last week? TV just goes black with a "No signal" message. Doesn't seem to affect BBC or Ch4, as switching to these shows a normal picture. On switching back ITV1 is ok. This has happened with two TVs (different makes, so it's not the TV. -- Jeff
August 2nd 13 08:39 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
5 214
AT800 installers to be accredited by [email protected]
Perhaps someone here would like to apply and tell us what the training consists of? http://www.landmobile.co.uk/news/at800-unveils-accredited-installer-scheme/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 13 04:00 PM
by David.WE.Roberts Go to last post
18 340
Group B aerial query by Scott[_2_]
Following upon my previous posting, according to Brian Butterworth's site http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107052119 the extra frequences here will be 32 and 35. I understand Group B aerials cover channels 35 to 53. In the considered opinion of the experts, am I likely to require a new aerial or is 32 close enough to 35 to provide an adequate albeit attenuated signal?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 31st 13 09:47 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
31 649
News in this country by Brian Gaff
We are sliding down the dangerous slide to how America gets news I fancy. Lots of things happening around the world but our home news seems fixated on the birth of a child only. Nothing much else and its ridiculous. Just listen to other countries radio stations. Are they just taking the easy way out here, or what? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 13 09:20 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
81 1,226
10 box to bring catch-up TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies to any TV set. by Rick[_10_]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10203237/Now-TV-box-iPlayer-plus-Sky-Sports-and-Movies-without-subscription.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 29th 13 08:54 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
20 483
is it deliberate sabotage or what? by Gary[_4_]
Amersham is our town. Yesterday morning, whiles having a cup of tea the two separate fluorescent lights both suddenly made a very loud hum. The sort of hum that they make when starting. this lasted for about 2 mins then faded away. The lights did not flicker and the hum was 'nasty', anyway nothing more happened, and the lights are working fine. Today I discover 2 wall psu's for different...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 13 12:50 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
92 1,382
Mumbling actors and loud musc by Derek F[_3_]
Is the message at last getting through? http://tinyurl.com/osakepn Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 28th 13 11:05 AM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
39 800
Found today by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20130722_100119.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 27th 13 03:05 PM
by NY Go to last post
59 681
How to remove your computer FBI Virus in minutes? by [email protected]
FBI virus is a sneaky malware. Ransom-ware is malicious software that restricts access to a computer until a ransom is paid. It displays a fake warning message and asks you pay a fee to unblock the computer. It will frequently disguise itself as the police or FBI. Ransom-ware can be difficult to remove; however, it is not impossible. Universal Tech Support provides support for your Computer FBI...
0 156
New to.... by Brian Gaff
Has anyone noticed that many stations are now at pains to avoided the as previously seen on, or repeat? On many of the ITV or UK network stations we now here and New to (really, Drama, ITV3 etc) when in fact they have been floating around the main channels for ages. Its kind of in the same mould as broadband that is unlimited but terms and conditions on use apply,, andUp to (insert speed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 25th 13 08:31 PM
by alan Go to last post
33 615
PSB2 and failed recordings by Dave Saville[_2_]
Several makes of PVR are suddenly having problems recording from PSB2. http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20194. -- Regards Dave Saville
July 24th 13 10:03 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
7 242
Freeview, what is going on with stations? by Brian Gaff
I see going through the list now we have a Sky sports, well two but saying no longer broadcasting and a waste of bandwidth bt sport running promos with two other bt sport channels. Does one assume that eventually eveyone is supposed to have a so called smart tv, and most of the stations will in fact come via the internet? Seems a very odd situation to waste bandwidth with a promo of...
July 24th 13 11:03 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 295
Humax Freetime PVR doesn't time-shift programmes??? by postmaster @ stejonda
SWMBO, who has main use of the Humax HDR-1010S, has complained to me that unlike the Sky+HD box the Humax does not auto-adjust if a programme's broadcast time alters. Is that ability a feature from Sky or, heaven-forfend, is she mistaken? -- Simon 12) The Second Rule of Expectations
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 13 05:49 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
13 999