Post New Thread
How close to the screen... by rbel[_2_]
....would you need to sit to observe the difference between 1080 and 720 on SD and HD? At 10 feet would there be a noticeable difference with a 42 inch screen? -- rbel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 7th 13 09:10 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
44 587
3D Tennis by Ian
For anyone interested, BBC Red Button HD is showing tennis in 3D. -- Ian
July 6th 13 06:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 259
Good card for Freesat HD on PC by David.WE.Roberts
Having looked at PVRs I am thinking of progressing my PC build by adding a decoder. So - assuming I am running Windows (but could run Linux under VMWare player) can anyone recommend a PCI/PCIe card which is good for a build- your-own PVR? PC has HDMI output but there is space for a graphics card (or two). A card which does TV and Satellite would be nice, of course, but not
July 5th 13 04:34 PM
by Michael Chare[_3_] Go to last post
7 578
Shock from roof-mounted solar panels by Bill Wright[_2_]
A warning to aerial installers! My son Paul removed an old aerial from the chimney and put it down on the roof, where it happened to touch the frame of a solar panel. When he picked it up he received a severe electric shock and he was lucky he wasn’t thrown off the roof. Obviously the solar installation wasn’t properly earthed. Needless to say he warned the householder that his solar...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 5th 13 09:38 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
46 736
It's a classic! by Bill Wright[_2_]
Inadequate wall bracket, extra attempted fixing onto the bargeboard, two masts joined using a bit of tube and two exhaust clamps, guy wires fixed to thin metal strips screwed to the wall. It's a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 4th 13 07:42 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
11 317
BT Sport on Freeview? by Brian Gaff
What on earth are they doing. Seems a bit strange. I watched the trailers round once and never saw any mention of it in audio, if that is the right way to put it. Also both those sky channels now say discontinued I noticed. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
July 4th 13 08:49 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 396
Emley Moor DAB by Bill Wright[_2_]
Last night's Look North (Leeds) had a feature about a new DAB service from Emley Moor. The map they showed suggested that the signals would reach here (where I can see Emley out of the window) but in fact I can tune the signal but not get listenable reception. The earlier item was typical Look North lefty bias. They made much of the fact that the Mosques are having a special sermon saying...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 4th 13 03:39 AM
by UnsteadyKen[_2_] Go to last post
33 733
You do not have a compatible Freeview HD device. by Alaric
This morning, out of curiosity, I worked my way up through the Freeview channel numbers on my LG TV set which has "Full HD" marked on it. This set has both a Freeview and a Freesat tuner and I generally watch Freesat. While doing this I came upon several Freeview channels (most of which would be of peripheral interest) where a screen message stated inter alia "You do not have a compatible...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 3rd 13 08:18 PM
by postmaster @ stejonda Go to last post
26 1,637
mux ID by Bill Wright[_2_]
I always assumed that a DTT receiver tuned-in to one transmitter wouldn't work on another. However we brought a box back here that had been tuned to ch24 Sandy (nothing else had been tuned in; it's a long story) and it sprung to life here on the bench on the weak ch24 Crosspool signal from our Emley Moor aerial. The ID came up as 'Cambridgeshire'(or something). Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 13 06:31 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
11 418
Dark patch on screen. by Rick[_10_]
A friend of mine owns a 37" Philips 1080P LCD TV, it's recently developed a problem in the form of a large dark smoky patch which has appeared on the left hand side, it's not dead pixels because the picture and correct colours are still definable underneath, also it's not any substance on the outside of the screen, he lives in a well kept modern house with central heating and isn't a smoker,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 13 04:15 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
19 516
Top-Up TV anyone? by Jon[_2_]
Is there anyone out there actually got TUTV? I've notice most electrical like CurrysPCWorld don't seem to sell any TUTV PVR hardware, and now Sky battle with BT have seen the sports channels being pulled from the platform. Will it be soon joining ON/ITV Digital in the afterlife.
July 3rd 13 02:16 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
7 338
Reception on things not meant for it. by Brian Gaff
Its been a while since I had this sort of trouble and nothing has been moved or changed, but last night i could hear mumbling and a whine during listening to my stereo,which was connected to my tv. after much crawling around the floor I found that it was my sub woofer tuned to radio China International. a bit of lead wiggling and unplugging and replugging eventually reduced it, but it does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 29th 13 10:10 PM
by charles Go to last post
36 1,021
The Secret Life of the Sun by Bill Wright[_2_]
In 'The Secret Life of the Sun' we were told that we are threatened with catastrophic global cooling. How this slipped though the BBC's censor I don't know. Heads will roll I expect. A couple of minutes before the end of the programme I almost jumped out of my skin (which in view of the state of it would be a good thing) when a loud and highly distorted voice over-rode the normal sound and...
June 29th 13 08:12 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
9 191
S Video lead by Sla#s[_2_]
My Media PC finally packed up completely whilst I was trying to watch LeMans Live. After several years of nonstop problems* it's somewhat of a relief to throw it out! Managed to get an old laptop to connect to my media switch box however the S Video on the laptop had seven pins but the switch box S Video socket only had four pins and a separate two phonos for audio. I can't seem to find any...
June 27th 13 06:12 PM
by Sla#s[_2_] Go to last post
9 230
DTT receiver behaviour by Bill Wright[_2_]
This is pertinent to a recent discussion here, but I can't remember which. Today I needed to tune-in ten Humax PVR-9150T PVRs. I took them to a place where I could receive the relevant tx. Unfortunately there were other signals around which I couldn't filter out completely. I attenuated the aerial feed so the wanted signals were 33 to 38dBuV and the unwanted ones were 10 to 20dBuV. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 26th 13 10:07 AM
by Jim Go to last post
12 344
Digital Freeview Signal around Flat by qu4rtz
Hi, I live in a New Build Flat and I have 2 bedrooms. The living room has a Triax Outlet plate with UHF/VHF/Satellite outlets and a Return option: http://www.aerialsuperstore.co.uk/triax-304115-screened-outlet-plate-for-freesat-pvr-and-sky-hd-465-p.asp In my living room I can pick up Freeview no problem. But in the bedroom no more than 5meters away I can't pick up a signal using...
June 26th 13 06:25 AM
by qu4rtz Go to last post
1 216
Found today by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20130621_115810.jpg Installed by a local firm who have been in business years. What the hell are they playing at? I'm genuinely puzzled. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 13 09:25 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
25 678
Question Time last Thursday by Scott[_2_]
Without wanting to prompt any comments about politics or politicians, did anyone have any difficulty with recording Question Time on Thursday 20 June? I have it set as a series link on BBC One HD (Scotland) and it did not record. The previous edition recorded and next week's edition is set to record so I wonder what happened to this week's edition.
June 23rd 13 04:59 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
4 212
DIY Freesat by rbel[_2_]
I have set up the dish on a mast in the garden in a relatively unobtrusive position (particular thanks to Java Jive for the invaluable alignment app) and the TBS tuner card in my pc seems to be functioning well. I am receiving the (Freeview equivalent) Freesat channels on Astra 1N and 2F without the reception problems currently noticeable on our Freeview setup caused by high winds and rain,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 20th 13 10:03 PM
by The Other John Go to last post
26 747
Freeview - scattered EPG. by Ian Field
SG6 area - Sandy Heath. Went to check for anything worth recording and there were a lot of holes in the EPG. Switching off and back on again produced a small improvement - the holes seemed to get worse the more I searched. Some channels had big gaps in the EPG, but the listings were there for several days time.
June 20th 13 06:14 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
7 362
Post New Thread