Post New Thread
Ho ho by Woody[_5_]
Did anyone hear the Today prog Wednesday morning? Alan Milburn MP refering to a report said it was done by a "Colo-Rectal surgeon and started from the bottom up....." I kid you not. -- Woody
July 19th 13 07:33 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
9 192
New BBC HD channels by Scott[_2_]
I appreciate this has been discussed elsewhere, but the group may be interested in this link, forwarded by Humax today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/bbchdchannels.html?utm_source=streamsend&utm_medium=email&utm_content=19059653&utm_campaign=Humax%2520Alert%253A%2520BBC%2520announce%2520five%2520new%2520subscription-free%2520HD%2520channels%2520to%2520launch I think it must be...
July 19th 13 07:04 PM
by Andy Burns[_8_] Go to last post
1 217
550-600MHz awarded to TV by viewer[_6_]
http://advanced-television.com/2013/07/16/uk-dtt-set-for-hd-boost/ The idea of a gap in the middle of the UHF TV band always seemed like a bad idea to me. I get the impression when the top of UHF is snipped further in 2017 in the 700-790MHz region that that this middle allocation might be permanent.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 13 07:18 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
15 367
BBC to launch five new HD channels by Ian
Http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/07/16/bbc-to-launch-5-new-hd-channel s/ -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 18th 13 07:36 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
22 467
No more BBC 3D ? by [email protected]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23195479
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 17th 13 09:54 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
28 456
How do they decide who might need a filter? by Brian Gaff
I ask cos around here, seemingly in random areas postcards about 4G filters are turning up. However its odd as most around here are on Crystal Palace and get good signals. do they know something we don't like 54G huge boosters going to be built in these areas to swamp locals tvs? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 13 10:02 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
25 628
Audio desription on I player but not on boxes that get it? by Brian Gaff
I was a bit peeved to discover the other day that many of the internet connected boxes ant tvs, only support AD on air, and not on line even though it seems bbc and ch 4 all have AD on their web sites. This seems to be a rather silly ommision considering how little it would cost to add, as its not even a special decode job the ad is simply an alternative stream to the non ad one. It just...
July 15th 13 09:26 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 174
Channel 5 at 8pm by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Meant to watch "World's busiest train station", but turned it on at 8.15 to to find an old episode of "Ice road truckers" running. The EPG showed that it should have been "World's busiest train station". Just checked on YouView and it still shows "WBTS" at that time. Selected it out of interest, expecting to see Ice Road Truckers, but surprisingly "WBTS" loaded! Another example of Channel...
July 15th 13 02:57 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
6 278
And another thing.. by Brian Gaff
Why is it that they can put out Mrs Browns boys where every other word is f*cking, but on Embarrasing bodies on another channel they bleeped out the swear words? I think somone is playing silly buglers. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
July 14th 13 11:01 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 245
Why can't they get it right..grr! by Brian Gaff
Seems to me that the broadcasters are shooting themselves in the foot as far as us blind are concerned. Several times this last few weeks I've tuned into a channel to find an audio described programme showing. Not even the little bleep, but it is in fact there. Last night it was Quests Solved, A few days ago it was several films on Film 4. I've noticed this a great deal, yet you also get...
July 14th 13 07:00 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 177
Wimbledon: what is going on? by Scott[_2_]
Leaving aside the merits of the tennis, what was the BBC's logic in continuing Wimbledon coverage on BBC One and transferring BBC One programmes to BBC Two? National news was straightforward but when it got to the 'regional' news they said that viewers in England and Northern Ireland would need to wait until after Wimbledon for their regional news (the logic I assume being that Scotland and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 12th 13 07:53 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
34 662
Ashes Tests on Freeview by Hugh Newbury
I used to be able to watch the scores ticking up ball by ball with the bowlers' and batsmen's contributions as they happened. Now I can't find where it was. I can get RCh4x, but it's not the same. Has it all been changed? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
July 12th 13 06:54 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
9 520
TOT fan oven by Dave Saville[_2_]
We have a Neff double fan oven. Until recently we had never used the fan mode. But a few months ago the top element of the main oven failed and to replace it you have to take the oven out of the housing and do it from the back! As it takes a week to heat up on only the lower element, we switched to fan mode. At least that element was a) new as in never used, and b) replaceable from the front...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 13 06:46 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
18 373
channels on Humax Freesat thos on ex-Sky box by postmaster @ stejonda
Our Sky sub cancellation has just gone through. We had multiroom with Sky and we've substituted one Sky box with a Humax Freesat box but kept the other Sky (HD) box connected. My understanding was that a Sky box with no subscription would function in the same way as a Freesat box but the Sky box is showing, (and providing), a lot of channels that the Freesat box isn't. Is this Sky...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 13 08:43 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
107 1,861
It's a classic! by Bill Wright[_2_]
Inadequate wall bracket, extra attempted fixing onto the bargeboard, two masts joined using a bit of tube and two exhaust clamps, guy wires fixed to thin metal strips screwed to the wall. It's a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 13 10:31 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
123 1,308
TOT race cars by Bill Wright[_2_]
They aren't very good these race cars on the telly are they? I'd be very annoyed if I bought a car like that. Tonight we say a car catch fire and then a wheel fell off another one. Appalling! I'd definitely want my money back. They're like clown cars at the circus! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 9th 13 03:22 PM
by JohnT[_6_] Go to last post
24 351
website builders' newsgroup by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone know of a sensible website builders' newsgroup that my 84 year old uncle could join? He's very interested in website building but continues to have a few basic problems that I feel sure a knowledgeable group could help with from time to time. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 8th 13 10:41 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
360 4,797
Do you need a 4G filter? by [email protected]
Not any more! Now that Aldi sells a 'digital aerial' which "Removes interference caused by 4G mobile networks" https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-specialbuys-11th-july/product-detail/ps/p/48-element-digital-tv-aerial/
July 8th 13 09:21 PM
by marc Go to last post
3 350
Poor quality on BBC 1 HD. by Rick[_10_]
What's wrong with BBC 1 HD on Freeview? the studio bound program 'Sunday Morning Live', is absolutely dreadful, if anyone can recall what it looks like, the picture quality resembles misaligned IFs on an old valve receiver, complete with slight ringing, where as ITV 1 showing an ancient 4:3 programme, 'Murder She Wrote', is absolutely pin sharp, likewise a cooking show on C4.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 8th 13 08:34 PM
by Allan[_2_] Go to last post
24 978
TV licence evasion... by Stephen H[_2_]
I read this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22947160 I then got thinking. The BBC could wipe this out by simply using smart card technology on both freeview, freesat and "freesat from Sky" platforms and as a levy on top of a regular sky card subscription.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 7th 13 10:21 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
141 2,195
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 2001 to 2020 of 19397