Post New Thread
Are they sending filters to everyone? by Max Demian
I've just received an at800 filter through the door, though I get all my Freeview TV from Crystal Palace - highest UHF channel 30 = 550 MHz or so - nowhere near the 800 MHz used by 4G. (I live in Buckinghamshire.) I've tried plugging end A of the short cable into socket A of the filter and I think I'll need a hammer. I suppose they are sending them out on some kind of 'precautionary...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 13 07:29 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 1,015
itv down last night (Tuesday) ? by Dickie mint[_2_]
According to a Digitalspy story: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a487151/itv-goes-down-across-uk-regions-due-to-technical-problems.html " Digital Spy Home Headlines Forums
June 6th 13 09:00 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 262
Here it comes... by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
DTTV RXs picking up muxes from the Angus TX have started popping up a text box telling users that viewing may be 'distrupted' on 17th April and that a re-tune may be needed. I take it that this is the moving of the local deck-chairs to make way for the beastie of 4G. The local paper group a few weeks ago had a two-page pull-out proudly showing their 'team', complete with email addresses, phone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 5th 13 08:28 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
68 1,339
A trick of the weather. by Ian Field
A nice sunny day - I could be out in the shed waving spanners at something. Equally suddenly - freeview reception has been acceptable, so I sat watching telly instead.
7 225
Seeking a media player which will restart files where I left off... by Lobster
I'm looking for a media player - ie something to play video files from an SD disk/USB drive whatever, but have a slightly unusual specification which is not something that ever seems to be highlighted in the bumf. I want to use this device with a TV which currently sits in our spare room at the end of my rowing machine, as basically the only way I can summon up the enthusiasm to use the...
June 4th 13 11:18 AM
by Andy[_9_] Go to last post
1 170
Connecting twin satellite cable to receiver by rbel[_2_]
I will be running twin WF100 2x7mm cable through an exterior wall to an interior position adjacent to a receiver/HTPC. Is there likely to be a discernable difference in the signal between connecting directly to the receiver using F plugs and terminating the cable at a twin wall F plug socket and then running fly leads to the receiver? -- rbel
June 4th 13 03:11 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
1 263
Who runs Movie Mix? by Brian Gaff
Do they pride themselves on having the most terrible films and the crappiest rerun series in the UK? If so they seem to be spot on. Bay watch, really? Who owns this station. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 13 03:52 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
11 660
+1 channels by viewer[_4_]
I'm tired of the proliferation of +1 channels, eg ITV1+1. Ch4 +1. What we need are -1 (minus 1) channels. Especially on Channel 4, Racing UK and At the Races. This way, I can see the winners, back them, and never need to work again.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 2nd 13 04:12 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
65 878
Freeview lite by David[_9_]
Out in caravan this weekend and the only terrestrial transmission was one of those doing limited number of stations. First thought was these people living here missing some important programs. Then I was shocked to find a couple that I was receiving were +1 ones. Regards David
June 1st 13 10:13 AM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
3 260
Humax Foxsat-HD box report by David.WE.Roberts
Well, it does seem better than the Bush - at least it hasn't overheated yet. More features, better menu layout. However the iPlayer bit seems dubious to say the least. Software not updated since 2010 so a really old product (in technical terms).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 13 08:51 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
35 724
Freeview Ch 303 Red Button HD by Mark Carver
Just popped up today I think, on Ch 303 (on DVB-T2 sets only) a holding page for a soon to launch BBC Red Button: HD service. So is that the fifth 'unsold' slot on the HD mux finally being utilised ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 13 07:07 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
11 355
OLEDs and such by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Colleagues, The ongoing progress of OLED displays led me to wonder something: does anyone know why organic LEDs are considered suitable for making TV and computer displays, but ordinary LEDs are not? Presumably each pixel needs an RGB triplet whichever technology is used. Each sub-pixel will require it's own drive current. This must be the same basic requirement regardless of which type of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 31st 13 09:17 AM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
26 478
one for you scientists by Adrian
Bill Wright wrote: Steve Terry wrote: Bill Wright wrote: Paul Ratcliffe wrote: On Mon, 27 May 2013 15:57:08 +0100, Bill Wright wrote: snip I like the supermarkets. I like the choice and the competition. I like to look at the young housewives as they bend over the freezers...
May 31st 13 12:47 AM
by Adrian Go to last post
0 87
more info re under 11s football incident by Steve Terry[_2_]
Sara wrote: In article , Andy Champ wrote: On 14/05/2013 07:46, Brian Gaff wrote: I'm reminded of that Star Trek episode where there were two aliens both hlf black and half white who hated each other as the sides were different and opposite. Star Trek had a very enlightened attitude to race. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 30th 13 07:32 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
115 1,026
Reception - prevailing conditions. by Ian Field
For a few days now, Freeview has been a bit iffy (SG6) - I've also noticed one of my MSF60 radio controlled clocks hasn't been updating properly.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
33 657
more info re under 11s football incident by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Tue, 14 May 2013 13:46:00 +0100, Sara wrote: When I gave someone at work a bollocking for describing me to someone as "the IT lady" one of the directors remarked "quite right, if someone called me "the ** gentleman" I'd want to thump them." I have a job title, if you're not sure what it is, use the same standard of fudging you would for a man. For...
May 29th 13 08:48 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
0 76
Buying a TV in 1960 advice by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Sat, 11 May 2013 00:18:28 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote: Very poor picture performance compared to a decent shadow mask set. Viewed under optimum conditions. They couldn't produce accurate flesh tones. Istr you could be right about the Trinitron domestic sets, but the Sony monitor I used for ten years retained excellent colour faithfulness during its duty....
May 29th 13 12:29 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 109
Argos TV gone? by Brian Gaff
Not that I'm a shopping channel watcher, but this channel on Freeview has not been there long and when I've checked recently the channel is blank. Brian -- From the Bed of Brian Gaff. The email is valid as Blind user.
May 26th 13 01:46 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 2,630
Ch 5 are aload of idiots. by Brian Gaff
Well no I'm not going to moan about their competitions that a trained iguana could get right, its their audio description. Monday and tuesday night had a two part CSI. the gimmick is the first was Las Vagas, the second New York, but they were parts of the same story. They audio describe the first part and not the second part. Taking the **** or what. OK, its only a tv show, but with this level...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 13 12:26 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
19 402
Sky News transponder issues on freesat by F[_2_]
I've changed nothing on my Foxsat-HDR, nor on the Hauppage card in my desktop, but over the past few days Sky News has been fine, or breaking up, or simply AWOL with a no/bad signal message and signal strength and quality both at 0%. The other channels on the same transponder also go missing. Oddly enough, the channel has returned in the evenings, showing signal strength at 85% and quality...
May 25th 13 03:47 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 480
Post New Thread