Post New Thread
Linking tablet to TV by Jonathan[_2_]
We have a Sony TV bought about a year ago. It has WiFi on it and broadcasts a strong signal when it is on. I have a video downloaded on my Samsung Galaxy ~Tab 2 tablet that I would like to watch on the TV. Is there some easy way to do this? Many thanks Jonathan
October 27th 13 12:06 PM
by Jonathan[_2_] Go to last post
4 258
Relays (not that sort of relay) by Bill Wright[_2_]
Interesting to think why we call small TV transmitting stations relays. But anyway, why do relays have terminals called A1, A2, 15, 16, 18, etc? Is there a standard nomenclature? Curious, Micklebring.
October 26th 13 09:21 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
5 202
TOT Picture of an 'LED light-bulb' by [email protected]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2467608/Now-theres-bright-idea-Chinese-scientists-invent-worlds-wifi-emitting-lightbulb.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 25th 13 09:44 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
34 493
Have Crystal Palace polished their aerials? by Brian Gaff
I have been having issues with channels vanishing of late, and contrary to what one might think an attenuator seems to have fixed the issue. Only 6db but its now working again. As nothing my end has altered, same cheapo Goodmans box etc, it has to be the signals that have increased in strength. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 13 07:40 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
11 311
[TOT] Samsung TV app devkit for 2009 TVs? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Anyone know if there is a devkit/SDK which would allow me to create a simple applet for a 2009 vintage TV (LE40C580J1K to be precise). The applet would be very simple and just do the following: - Switch source to HDMI - Enable PiP - Enable "sub" sound (so PiP sound not HDMI). I'm just trying to find a nice workaround to the crap "PiP disabled if
October 23rd 13 01:56 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
3 258
Losing terrestrial TV signal by Mark[_7_]
My digital TV reception was fine for a number of years. In the last 2-3 months we occasionally get short periods where we seem to lose signal quality. Symptons range from audio glitches and picture freezing to complete loss of signal. On occasions where I have checked the signal quality level (normally 100%) varies wildly from 0-50%. This is a Humax 9300 PVR. Transmitter is Ridge Hill. --...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 23rd 13 01:16 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
71 1,241
Alex Salmond by Graham.[_2_]
Why is he speaking from behind a hi-viz wheelie bin? -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 13 09:07 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
17 421
AD update. by Brian Gaff
Firstly, no # yet from 5, but tonight, erm last night they showed both episodes again with AD on both, but on 5USA. What are they doing? Really, well they just sent me an email asking me exactly the info I gave them in the original email about Alkatraz. They say to pass on to engineers. I personally don't think its an engineering problem its a human problem, ie a cock up or as we say, finger...
October 21st 13 03:13 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 204
Sky HD query by Woody[_5_]
I don't have HD but I'm about to set it up for someone. Am I right in thinking that a Sky HD box can only output HD in 720p or 1080i? If so then I presume 1080p is for DVD/BR players only? In which case if the TV is only used for TV viewing by satellite there is no need to buy a 1080p TV - correct? Is it the same for Freeview HD?
October 21st 13 10:19 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 242
Sky dish with freview tv - unbelievable?? by Ghostrecon
I understood that you need a freesat STB to get tv from the 3rd LNB (first 2 used for sky plus)of a sky dish? has something changed? - My ex had someone run a coax from the 3rd lnb to give my daughter tv in her bedroom - the old freesat box they had didnt work so the guy used a fscrew-aerial adaptor and plugged into the aerial socket of a Logik freeview tv and got a picture straight away - no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 13 12:06 AM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
15 471
com7 testing by Scott[_2_]
I read (UK Free TV) that testing of the new BBC HD multiplex is taking place at Crystal Palace. Does anyone know when testing is likely to start at other transmitters, specifically Blackhill?
October 20th 13 09:48 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
0 143
80 kbps mono by Stephen
Thanks for the information. I am still totally bemused by all this. I can remember when BBC television was on Band I and ITA was on Band III. As far as I can remember, Band I contained channels 1 to 5 and Band III contained channels 6 to 13. AIUI each TV channel is divided into four DAB multiplexes. On this basis, Band III has capacity for a total of 32 multiplexes. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 20th 13 09:45 AM
by John Legon Go to last post
201 2,981
Audio description again by Brian Gaff
Last night the much plugged Alcatraz part 1 was screened on Really. It was supposed to have audio description. the little pips told me that it was in the program guide, but apparently Really forgot to switch it on as there were no audio described scenes at all. If broadcasters cannot get this right they will be just ignored by us. Bad information is worse than no information at all, in my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 13 10:21 AM
by Davey Go to last post
10 308
More crap from the BBC by Phil Cook
Auntie to follow the race to the bottom comercials in adding a +1 channel. :-( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24442265 -- Phil Cook
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 13 01:53 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
167 2,371
More Sky queries by Woody[_5_]
Further to my question (now answered) about Sky HD and FTA channels, an ongoing issue. My F-in-L uses Freesat-from-Sky as he lives in an area of Sheffield where a good terrestrial signal only carries Freeview Lite. He is complaining that he is loosing channels - for example some of the news channels such as Euronews, Al-J, RT, and CNN but BBC News and Sky News are OK.
October 18th 13 01:37 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 383
Humax Foxsat HDR: Can watch a recording whilst recording twochannels? by Maurice[_3_]
If recording two channels at the same time (twin feed from dish) is it possible to also - at the same time - watch an existing recording? Have recently found some recordings are missing, and we've seen a brief warning message flash up on 2 separate evenings: "Recording (less than 30 secs) may not be stored." System Diagnostic says both feeds are detected.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 13 12:53 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
16 369
C105 BBC 3 HD. by Tony[_17_]
"Coming soon Channel 73 CBBC HD: Channel 105 BBC 3 HD".. IMV BBC 4 HD would have been a much better option than the dross laden BBC 3.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 13 10:07 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
46 1,621
theft some years ago from Postwick by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone know anything about an incident in which radio equipment was stolen from Postwick, some years ago? Was there any connection, real or alleged, with Radio Caroline? Bill
October 17th 13 09:19 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 155
Quest 4:3 again by Bob L
10:28 last night - Freeview widescreen squeezed into 4x 3 This morning widescreen is back - BUT it is the 4:3 zoomed to fill the width - still long faces etc, and bits on bottom.top missing. And no it is not my set, all other channels fine
October 17th 13 03:30 PM
by Tony[_17_] Go to last post
6 227
Query on freesat by Woody[_5_]
Can anyone tell me, will a Sky HD box show the FTA and FTV HD channels on a Freesat-from-Sky card (or its HD equivalent) without having to pay a Sky subscription? My elderly F-in-L lives in an area of Sheffield where he can only get Freeview Lite, so I fixed him up with a s/h Sky box and F-f-S card. He is very happy with it but tends to watch some of the less glorious channels - Thomas Cook...
October 17th 13 12:18 PM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
1 173
Post New Thread