Post New Thread
BBC bias spoils police witness appeal by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23826825 According to this BBC news item the police asked, "I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the shooting, or who saw anything suspicion in the Kilburn area early this morning, to call police. "In particular, I need to hear from anyone who saw two males who came into the High Road from Messina Avenue and, after the shooting, made off on foot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 28th 13 12:47 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
30 613
scruffy TV crews by Bill Wright[_2_]
For irrelevant reasons I had to sit all afternoon and watch a TV commercial being made. What a set of scruffy oiks! The cameraman had a bobble hat, a juvenile attempt at a beard, a dirty teeshirt with a slogan on it, shorts, and trainers. One of the girls had bright pink hair! The rest of them weren't much better. The other thing was, they seems to have no concept of H & S. They were using...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 01:17 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
26 438
BBC cuts off caller who doesn't toe their line by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b038h976 Listen from 56 minutes. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 12:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
25 382
Possibly very slightly OT? by Woody[_5_]
Did you hear about the two antennas that got married? The wedding wasn't much but the reception ws fantastic. OK, I'll go away.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 13 09:15 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 261
PING Bill by Steve[_27_]
Is it OK to have two or more Log periodics on the same aerial pole? Reason I ask is that at the near end of the log periodic, an electrical connection is obviously made to the pole and teh co-ax feeder connects at the tapered pointy end. So will the two LPs interact via the metal pole coupling their wide near ends? Stephen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 24th 13 03:30 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
25 471
Sony KDL-32EX403 and 4 Music by Bill Wright[_2_]
This TV set switches to standby after 18 seconds when it is put onto 4 Music. It always does it. There's a bit on Digital Spy but no-one there seems to know what they're talking about. Has anyone here got any idea what the problem is and how it can be fixed? Bill
August 24th 13 01:49 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 294
There is a god! by Ian Field
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-misses-hunting-trip-2188787
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 24th 13 08:10 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
43 766
SAA3018. by Ian Field
Anyone got a datasheet for this ancient (date code 84) remote handset chip - or better yet an example schematic of (a) handset(s) that use it? Thanks for any help.
August 23rd 13 09:37 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 178
5 later? by Brian Gaff
What is this going to be then? I saw it as a place marker on Freeview, well heard it but as my talking box only speaks the title it may well have words there explaining it which I cannot read. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 23rd 13 08:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 720
DVB New Zealand. by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:37:57 +0100, "David" wrote: New Zealand (uses MPEG-4/H.264 video; see Freeview New Zealand) Same as the Irish standard, then (also France and Norway and possibly the other Scandi countries). Will not the latest gen of UK sets cover that, too? I mean the ones where the chips are true world sets and not cost-cut to the bone?
August 22nd 13 11:09 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
6 284
Fim Four is moving by Ian
"Film Four is moving, if you can see this on channel 15, please retune your Freeview equipment, to ensure you continue to receive this channel." Is anyone else getting that message permanently on Film Four? I've deleted FF on channel 15, re-tuned, and I'm now getting FF on 791, though I could also still get it on ch 15 if I re-tuned again. Even on 791 the message is still there.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 13 02:12 PM
by Ian Go to last post
16 566
BBC Red Button HD via WinTV by J.Arthur.Rank
Hi all, I've got a Hauppauge Freesat DVB-S2 card, which I operate under WinTV. Unfortunately, all of the channel numbers it generates in a scan seem to be arbitrary Freesat channels, not the ones displayed on a standard Freesat set (i.e. 303 for this channel). Does anyone know what channel or method I can use to get this channel to work/record under either Hauppauge's own WinTV or, failing that,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 13 08:45 AM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
18 620
start-up sequences in the 'old days' by Brian Gaff
What about the Anglia one though, Very handy when setting up DX aerials in the old 405 days though as on a Sunday morning you could get through several while these were running on all the stations. You needed the different content and music. As for why, who knows, but it was just how it was. Unfortunately its now totally boring bring back true independent regional tv I say. Brian
August 21st 13 01:32 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
6 207
unable to maintain moral fibre in a supermarket by S Viemeister[_2_]
On 8/17/2013 8:57 PM, Derek F wrote: On 16/08/2013 10:51, Norman Wells wrote: 'Like a pink meringue' was my favourite description of her. Try eating at The Mirage in Helmsdale. http://www.lamirage.org/ Unfortunately the original owner passed away years ago. We used to go there for a good laugh when we up there. They used to do really good fish and chips.
August 20th 13 08:43 PM
by S Viemeister[_2_] Go to last post
0 81
****ed off by Brian Gaff
I have busted my Achilles tendon on falling over one of those ever so well maintained footway inspections covers to that are never actually inspected that they actually are flat. so six weeks in plaster MR Council all over your stupid idea that every service maintains their covers, and as he asked me who it belonged to and I could not tell him he was not helpful. Oh yes while writhing in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 20th 13 08:15 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
33 626
AD in I player on set top box/recorders with internet connections. by Brian Gaff
I am informed by many blind people that not a single one of these boxes seem able to locate the ad versions of BBC output. Now on my computer I have software that presents me with a list of stations and one of these says audio described, which h has all the stuff that is still available in that mode. so why can't the boxes do it as well. Seems to me its a software front end issue. Brian --
August 19th 13 09:57 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 183
New HD services: power output by Scott[_2_]
I have looked at the UK Free website http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=NS828647 For our transmitter I see that channel 32, described as com7, shows 9,400 Watts. Channel 35 com8 shows 12,500 Watts. Existing services are all 100,000 Watts. I'm wondering if this is definite or anticipation at this stage. If correct, am I likely to run into problems receiving these services about 20 miles from...
August 17th 13 05:01 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 277
Humax Foxsat-HDR green screen on HDMI by Andrew Hodgson[_2_]
Hi, I have just started to get green screens on the HDR with a HDMI connection to a Hitachi LCD TV. If I switch the box to standby and put it back on again, it works fine. I have been doing some research and the cause of this seems to be a handshake issue with the HDMI interface. Does anyone know whether this is more of a TV problem, or is Humax looking at this actively? Thanks.
August 15th 13 10:48 AM
by Sam Davies Go to last post
6 2,051
HD 303 list by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Is there a list somewhere of what will be on the HD '30X' channels on DTTV? I'm asking because some recent Proms on BBC4 have also been said to be on HD. Or is this just satellite? Jim -- Please use the address on the audiomisc page if you wish to email me. Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm
August 14th 13 11:08 PM
by Andy Furniss[_3_] Go to last post
5 209
I'm ashamed of my trade by Bill Wright[_2_]
Our customer of 40 years' standing has become very forgetful and confused so his son has started to help him with his affairs. It appears that the TV became mistuned (quite likely given the location, (Belmont, Waltham and Emley all available at decent strength) so the son diagnosed an aerial fault. The old man couldn't find our phone number or name but remembered where I live (but not the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 13 10:21 PM
by Ian Go to last post
10 325