Post New Thread
BBC4 HD by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
Just been prompted to do an "add new channels" on Winter Hill Freeview, and found "This is BBC4 HD" on 106, starting soon. So we might get to see some of Borgen in HD, and next year's Proms should look good. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 13 07:35 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
58 3,617
Any Humax PVR issues? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
All, Anyone else seeing "slow remote response" issues with the Humax FOX-HDR (500MB)? Recently it has become slow to respond, even requiring a complete "back to factory" reset after it got to a point where it would not respond at all to the remote control. It's better but still now the "instant" response I'm used to. As far as I can tell, it's not updated its firmware but there have been...
December 3rd 13 05:04 PM
by Davey Go to last post
4 267
Youtube recorder software?.. by tony sayer
Does NE 1 know of a decent recorder for the above please thats preferably freeware for a charity project I'm lumbered with?.. Cheers.. -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 3rd 13 01:58 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
24 651
Ping: Jim Lesurf re. audio advice. by [email protected]
Hi Jim (and anyone else interested!), I made up a small pre amp based on a NE5532P - it was a kit from Maplins / MUTR. I got it working OK but there seems to be a lot of his, well actually, the level of hiss is about what I would expect from a kit like this (although I am not an expert in any way, just a beginner hobbyist). My question is what is likely to be causing such hiss? The quality of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 13 10:53 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
37 717
Room 'deadness' for audio playback. by [email protected]
Hello all, Are there any guidelines for this? I have noticed that I MUCH prefer the sound of my lounge when the two sets of curtains are drawn. There is much less echo - or not quite echo but perhaps reverberation? (I don't really know much about this sort of stuff) and the TV and stereo sound much better. I did a quick search of the internet but all I could really find were somewhat technical...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 3rd 13 10:10 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
21 903
3D Broadcasts by Pinnerite[_2_]
Are there ever any on Freeview? -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4 -desktop-1.mga3 KDE version 4.10.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 13 10:08 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
11 316
Sutton Coldfield and The Wrekin by news.plus.net
We seem to have lost the ITV channels on the Wrekin which is a descendant of Sutton Coldfield. Anyone else seeing the same? Missus going Ape **** because i'm a Celebs's on in a bit. Thanks, Rob.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 13 07:08 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
12 317
ASDA Black Friday hard to believe. by David[_9_]
TV News this morning was saying Asda deal today was a 32" TV for 99. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 30th 13 09:23 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
33 694
Youview STB's and TalkTalk by housetrained
TalkTalk sent me a free Youview box that does not record. My neighbour got one that did record. I phoned them and they sent me one that does record and said they would send me a return bag for the first one. I arksed them if I could keep both and pay a one-off payment for first one. They said only one would work. Not believing this, I plugged both into separate TV's in separate rooms and...
November 29th 13 12:15 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 210
Who is LEN? by Brian Gaff
While moving between channels this week on my talking freeview box, I noticed that we now have BBC1 LEN, or is it LENG, cannot tell as I cannot get the box to spell words out. Who is this LEN and why do we need to know its his BBC1 on freeview now? Does this mean I can apply for BBC2, ie BBC2 Brian? grin. Also what is this Propeller TV on ch 800? Brian
November 28th 13 04:45 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 251
Headphone output for hard of hearing by Malcolm H
Scenario: Panasonic plasma TV with no headphone jack but does have L and R audio outputs (presumably fixed level). Hard of hearing user wishes to use headphones and requires a volume control. Recommendations please for suitable headphones with volume control OR suitable audio amp (with volume control) and headphones.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 13 04:22 PM
by petethered Go to last post
12 1,028
Is there anybody there in the monkey-house? by Alaric
Today I was watching the BBC 1 News at 1 pm. Half way through there was the usual break to the regions. However, when transmission went back to the news from the London studio the picture was that being shown on the BBC News channel and it included a woman signing for the deaf. After a while there seemed to be a fruitless attempt to sort things out and so this farcical situation prevailed...
November 28th 13 02:48 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
9 327
Confusion on timing by Davey
The Radio Times tells me that Backchat with Jack Whitehall is on at 10:00 pm tonight. An advert, sorry trailer, earlier today said that it would be on at 10:30, as does iPlayer. The EPG now onscreen says it will be shown at 11:00. Which will it be? Maybe I need to place a bet with my bookie. -- Davey.
November 28th 13 01:04 PM
by Davey Go to last post
2 187
HD PVR recommendations? by Steve Wakeman
Now that more HD Freeview channels are appearing and my old Humax SD PVR is getting glitchy and slow to respond to the remote, I'm looking for an HD PVR. Humax was recommended as best years ago, but what's good now?
November 28th 13 10:40 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
4 252
Satellite new HD stations that are being added to Terrestrial. by David[_9_]
Can I get these new HD programs on the other channels on my Freesat TV, if yes what are the settings please? Freesat webpage is silent and they can't be asked by e-mail. Regards David
November 27th 13 07:18 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 190
Dr Who by Gary[_4_]
Watched Dr Who in 3d . it was really well done.
November 27th 13 06:40 PM
by Clem Dye[_2_] Go to last post
6 210
HD tv tuner box? by Hugh Newbury
I have a Panasonic HDD recorder, but now I have a new HD Ready tv I need a HD tv tuner box. Can I buy just the tuner without having to get and install a new HDD recorder? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
November 27th 13 01:13 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
5 218
Repair a Television by soup
Below is a copy of a message sent to LG does anyone here have any ideas? No surge in power was observed, TV was working as normal then it was switched off when going out, now will not power No red light, no flashing blue light, nothing. Have checked the socket is delivering 240 Volts (actually slightly over)
November 27th 13 10:15 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
6 234
Local TV by Dickie mint[_2_]
Story on tonight's Midlands Today about Comux firing up their National Operations Centre based in Birmingham. Comux website: http://comux.co.uk/news/2013/comux-switches-on-the-local-tv-digital-transmission-network/ Richard
November 26th 13 09:41 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
0 165
Audience over exuberance? (if I could spell it) by Brian Gaff
I used to be an audience back in the 80s, well a member of many of them, and I do not recall all this blatant cheering and whistling and going berserk that seems to go on on tv shows nowadays. Do they lace the cups of water you can get with controlled substances or what. I caught part of SGD andNo not Scotums of Gard Dogs, you know what I'm referrring to, and they wer going hyper, well into...
November 26th 13 01:25 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 238
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 1981 to 2000 of 19607