Post New Thread
It's a classic! by Bill Wright[_2_]
Inadequate wall bracket, extra attempted fixing onto the bargeboard, two masts joined using a bit of tube and two exhaust clamps, guy wires fixed to thin metal strips screwed to the wall. It's a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 13 10:31 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
123 1,256
TOT race cars by Bill Wright[_2_]
They aren't very good these race cars on the telly are they? I'd be very annoyed if I bought a car like that. Tonight we say a car catch fire and then a wheel fell off another one. Appalling! I'd definitely want my money back. They're like clown cars at the circus! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 9th 13 03:22 PM
by JohnT[_6_] Go to last post
24 333
website builders' newsgroup by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone know of a sensible website builders' newsgroup that my 84 year old uncle could join? He's very interested in website building but continues to have a few basic problems that I feel sure a knowledgeable group could help with from time to time. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 8th 13 10:41 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
360 4,720
Do you need a 4G filter? by [email protected]
Not any more! Now that Aldi sells a 'digital aerial' which "Removes interference caused by 4G mobile networks" https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-specialbuys-11th-july/product-detail/ps/p/48-element-digital-tv-aerial/
July 8th 13 09:21 PM
by marc Go to last post
3 344
Poor quality on BBC 1 HD. by Rick[_10_]
What's wrong with BBC 1 HD on Freeview? the studio bound program 'Sunday Morning Live', is absolutely dreadful, if anyone can recall what it looks like, the picture quality resembles misaligned IFs on an old valve receiver, complete with slight ringing, where as ITV 1 showing an ancient 4:3 programme, 'Murder She Wrote', is absolutely pin sharp, likewise a cooking show on C4.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 8th 13 08:34 PM
by Allan[_2_] Go to last post
24 947
TV licence evasion... by Stephen H[_2_]
I read this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22947160 I then got thinking. The BBC could wipe this out by simply using smart card technology on both freeview, freesat and "freesat from Sky" platforms and as a levy on top of a regular sky card subscription.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 7th 13 10:21 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
141 2,146
Red Button HD on FTA Satellite by John Legon
Just a note that the BBC's new HD Red Button service can be received (and recorded) by generic FTA HD satellite boxes on transponder 11023 H s/r 23000. I don't care much about Wimbledon, but having watched the first episode (twice) when it was first shown in 1963, I look forward to seeing Dr Who in 3D later this year...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 7th 13 09:40 PM
by Mr Guest Go to last post
22 337
Boxee joining Samsung. by Rick[_10_]
I received this email from 'Team Boxee', although I can't quite make up my mind exactly what they're trying to tell me, is it as I think, that basically a Boxee media center software platform, will at some future date be incorporated into the Samsung smart TV menu? "We're pleased to announce that the Boxee team will be joining Samsung. Samsung is the #1 consumer electronics company in the...
July 7th 13 11:38 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 249
How close to the screen... by rbel[_2_]
....would you need to sit to observe the difference between 1080 and 720 on SD and HD? At 10 feet would there be a noticeable difference with a 42 inch screen? -- rbel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 7th 13 09:10 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
44 574
3D Tennis by Ian
For anyone interested, BBC Red Button HD is showing tennis in 3D. -- Ian
July 6th 13 06:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 256
Good card for Freesat HD on PC by David.WE.Roberts
Having looked at PVRs I am thinking of progressing my PC build by adding a decoder. So - assuming I am running Windows (but could run Linux under VMWare player) can anyone recommend a PCI/PCIe card which is good for a build- your-own PVR? PC has HDMI output but there is space for a graphics card (or two). A card which does TV and Satellite would be nice, of course, but not
July 5th 13 04:34 PM
by Michael Chare[_3_] Go to last post
7 571
Shock from roof-mounted solar panels by Bill Wright[_2_]
A warning to aerial installers! My son Paul removed an old aerial from the chimney and put it down on the roof, where it happened to touch the frame of a solar panel. When he picked it up he received a severe electric shock and he was lucky he wasn’t thrown off the roof. Obviously the solar installation wasn’t properly earthed. Needless to say he warned the householder that his solar...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 5th 13 09:38 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
46 708
It's a classic! by Bill Wright[_2_]
Inadequate wall bracket, extra attempted fixing onto the bargeboard, two masts joined using a bit of tube and two exhaust clamps, guy wires fixed to thin metal strips screwed to the wall. It's a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 4th 13 07:42 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
11 310
BT Sport on Freeview? by Brian Gaff
What on earth are they doing. Seems a bit strange. I watched the trailers round once and never saw any mention of it in audio, if that is the right way to put it. Also both those sky channels now say discontinued I noticed. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
July 4th 13 08:49 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 388
Emley Moor DAB by Bill Wright[_2_]
Last night's Look North (Leeds) had a feature about a new DAB service from Emley Moor. The map they showed suggested that the signals would reach here (where I can see Emley out of the window) but in fact I can tune the signal but not get listenable reception. The earlier item was typical Look North lefty bias. They made much of the fact that the Mosques are having a special sermon saying...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 4th 13 03:39 AM
by UnsteadyKen[_2_] Go to last post
33 715
You do not have a compatible Freeview HD device. by Alaric
This morning, out of curiosity, I worked my way up through the Freeview channel numbers on my LG TV set which has "Full HD" marked on it. This set has both a Freeview and a Freesat tuner and I generally watch Freesat. While doing this I came upon several Freeview channels (most of which would be of peripheral interest) where a screen message stated inter alia "You do not have a compatible...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 3rd 13 08:18 PM
by postmaster @ stejonda Go to last post
26 1,609
mux ID by Bill Wright[_2_]
I always assumed that a DTT receiver tuned-in to one transmitter wouldn't work on another. However we brought a box back here that had been tuned to ch24 Sandy (nothing else had been tuned in; it's a long story) and it sprung to life here on the bench on the weak ch24 Crosspool signal from our Emley Moor aerial. The ID came up as 'Cambridgeshire'(or something). Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 13 06:31 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
11 408
Dark patch on screen. by Rick[_10_]
A friend of mine owns a 37" Philips 1080P LCD TV, it's recently developed a problem in the form of a large dark smoky patch which has appeared on the left hand side, it's not dead pixels because the picture and correct colours are still definable underneath, also it's not any substance on the outside of the screen, he lives in a well kept modern house with central heating and isn't a smoker,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 13 04:15 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
19 499
Top-Up TV anyone? by Jon[_2_]
Is there anyone out there actually got TUTV? I've notice most electrical like CurrysPCWorld don't seem to sell any TUTV PVR hardware, and now Sky battle with BT have seen the sports channels being pulled from the platform. Will it be soon joining ON/ITV Digital in the afterlife.
July 3rd 13 02:16 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
7 333
Reception on things not meant for it. by Brian Gaff
Its been a while since I had this sort of trouble and nothing has been moved or changed, but last night i could hear mumbling and a whine during listening to my stereo,which was connected to my tv. after much crawling around the floor I found that it was my sub woofer tuned to radio China International. a bit of lead wiggling and unplugging and replugging eventually reduced it, but it does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 29th 13 10:10 PM
by charles Go to last post
36 1,003