Post New Thread
DIY Freesat by rbel[_2_]
I have set up the dish on a mast in the garden in a relatively unobtrusive position (particular thanks to Java Jive for the invaluable alignment app) and the TBS tuner card in my pc seems to be functioning well. I am receiving the (Freeview equivalent) Freesat channels on Astra 1N and 2F without the reception problems currently noticeable on our Freeview setup caused by high winds and rain,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 20th 13 11:03 PM
by The Other John Go to last post
26 720
Freeview - scattered EPG. by Ian Field
SG6 area - Sandy Heath. Went to check for anything worth recording and there were a lot of holes in the EPG. Switching off and back on again produced a small improvement - the holes seemed to get worse the more I searched. Some channels had big gaps in the EPG, but the listings were there for several days time.
June 20th 13 07:14 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
7 358
Ch4HD Weirdness. by Ian
Went to watch a recording tonight, and found that there was no audio on three CH4HD recordings. I checked it live, and no audio. To get the audio to work, I had to turn on Audio Description. This is Freesat on a Humax DTR1000. A net search found that people were experiencing this in late 2011 on
June 19th 13 10:10 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 200
BBC services in HD on freesat? by David[_9_]
"Dave" wrote in message ... Which BBC channels are available in HD on freesat? Thanks ***** 108 BBC1 HD 109 BBC2 HD
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 13 10:55 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
13 515
Internet TV feeds by Woody[_5_]
Does anyone know if there is a box out there that will do 4OD, Demand 5 etc in addition to iPlayer that is free to use after purchase? I am looking at the Roku LT (on offer in Expensive World at 39.95) but it will only provide iPlayer from the UK market with no light at the end of the tunnel. Is there any other box that is not too expensive that will meet my needs? I do have a built but...
June 17th 13 10:44 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
5 319
Freeview 24 - SG6 area. by Ian Field
Anyone know what's going on? For the past few days CH24 has been pretty much blue screen with "no signal" caption on the Digifusion, but perfectly OK on the Humax. The Digifusion gets all the other channels OK. Today; the Digifusion is getting CH24, but its very jerky/pixellated - the Humax is still fine on every channel.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 13 09:40 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
18 509
Gold problem by Hugh Newbury
All I wanted to do was to subscribe to Gold and watch all those old programmes again. So I went on line to find the right place and kept being sent to remote and obscure sites that seemed to involve lots of progs and equipment that had nothing to do with getting Gold on Freeview. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I have a tv with Freeview and a HD recorder, so I don't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 13 05:26 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
10 445
O/T: DIY audio amps (ping Jim Lesurf) by [email protected]
Anyone in here make their own audio amps? I have just made one using a TDA7370B salvaged from a car stereo, and whilst it sounds fantastic with vocals and higher frequencies, it doesn't have much in the way of bottom end, and the sound changes the longer it is left on - it starts to sound hollow and weak. The circuit I used was the one found in the ST datasheet - is there any other design which...
6 280
anthrapology by RufusOldboots
Most of us have opposable thumbs, David Cameron however has an opposable Clegg. Perhaps the Lib-Dems should have a boozy do and get Cleggless. Bob Bailey Bristol 38 Broadfield Road Bristol
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 14th 13 03:47 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
20 606
Problems with newsgroup? by Scott[_2_]
I have posted twice to this newsgroup today and neither posting has appeared. I am wondering if there is a problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 13th 13 06:18 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
26 570
O.T. bbc2 the fall where's episode 6 by housetrained
when will episode 6 be shown? housetrained
June 13th 13 12:19 AM
by Ian Go to last post
7 526
At Last !!! by Mark Carver
Would have been really handy several years ago, but at last Ofcom have produced an Excel list for DTT transmitters similar to the excellent one they inherited in 2003 from The Radio Authority listing radio transmitters. See attached:- Ofcom has today published updated frequency and site data for digital terrestrial television (DTT) transmitters in the UK. The data reflects the situation as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 13 10:15 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 903
4G filters by Scott[_2_]
I received my postcard from www.at800.tv yesterday. Potentially, I could receive Freeview from a local relay that I believe includes channel 59 (an this may be the reason I received the postcard). However, I took the precaution of installing a Group B aerial pointed at the main transmitter (highest channel 47) with no amplifier, so I assume I am probably going to be okay. However, I looked at...
June 12th 13 05:50 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
0 428
TOT the wit and wisdom of Ben, 3 by Bill Wright[_2_]
From Ben's mum: Yesterday we were late up and I admit I dressed Benji rather hastily. When J. got him to preschool his trousers were showing his builder's bum somewhat. He hoisted them up and said to everyone in a loud voice, 'Oh man! I'm really embarrassed! Mummy forgot to put a seatbelt on my trousers!' Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 13 05:01 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
16 308
Newtel Ytel Fibre Optic & SMATV network by Nick Le Lievre
Newtel / Ytel have an existing SMATV cable TV network in and around St Helier, Jersey which they are now using to provide 20mbit/s fibre optic broadband and they are expanding further to places where their SMATV cable TV is installed. I live in one such area but don't understand how this possible, any idea's?
June 11th 13 03:41 PM
by Nick Le Lievre[_4_] Go to last post
6 454
GiggGaff zombie advert. by Graham.[_2_]
Not totally OT, spot the TV aerial rigger with no head protection. Well, no head actually. -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 11th 13 12:17 PM
by Davey Go to last post
21 536
General newsgroup behaviour by Bill Wright[_2_]
I tend to read or not read contributions based largely on who wrote them. Some people seem to always contribute something of value. Other do not. So it isn't necessary to open a message to have a reasonably accurate prediction of whether the contents will be worth the effort of the mouse click. Just a thought. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 11th 13 12:06 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
96 1,205
TOT 'Word' oddity by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have a table of email addresses in a doc file. When I select the text in a cell (the text being an email address) and drag it into the 'To' box in a new message in Outlook, it appears perfectly, except that it is always follows by a string of characters that I do not recognise. They are pictograms of some sort I think. I am selecting the text, not the cell. I realise that there are other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 10th 13 05:45 PM
by Andy Burns[_8_] Go to last post
31 731
New TV by Sandra Silke
Hello. I'm thinking of buying a Samsung F8000 smart tv but would appreciate any views of this tv. Thanks. Sandra.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 8th 13 08:12 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
45 968
Are they sending filters to everyone? by Max Demian
I've just received an at800 filter through the door, though I get all my Freeview TV from Crystal Palace - highest UHF channel 30 = 550 MHz or so - nowhere near the 800 MHz used by 4G. (I live in Buckinghamshire.) I've tried plugging end A of the short cable into socket A of the filter and I think I'll need a hammer. I suppose they are sending them out on some kind of 'precautionary...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 13 07:29 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 1,014