Post New Thread
No messages on here for a while? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Just posting this as a test really, but here's an interesting site: http://www.pmclauth.com/sentenced/Grooming-Gang-Statistics/Gangs-Jailed Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 17 02:35 PM
by critcher[_6_] Go to last post
13 206
Freeview Explore by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I missed this a few weeks ago: https://www.freeview.co.uk/news-and-blog/press-releases/freeview-play-users-to-get-even-more-from-their-tv-with-launch-of-freeview-explore.html "Freeview Explore will roll out on Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes this month and paves the way for Freeview to build a deeper relationship with viewers. From today, users can search for programmes by genre or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 15th 17 10:14 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 424
Top tip by Bill Wright[_3_]
If you're going on your bike to put a notice on the village noticeboard don't put the drawing pins in your back pocket. Bill
July 15th 17 10:06 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 76
BT/Plusnet TV Recorder (DTR-T2100) by thesimpsons
When playing back an off air recording, if I select fast forward the screen displays a perfect speeded up image. If playing back a recording from an internet channel, fast forward displays "snap shots" of the speeded up image. Just wondering why this should be, it's the same on both a ten year Panasonic and a recent Sony TV. Fred
July 15th 17 08:00 AM
by thesimpsons Go to last post
5 145
Shift of tennis from BBC Two to BBC One by Scott[_2_]
Why does the BBC continue to shift tennis matches from BBC Two to BBC One when particular games are being played, such as Murray v Fognini tonight? Do they think tennis fans are too stupid to operate a remote control successfully? If anyone sets up a recording of the tennis - or Eastenders for that matter - will they end up with the wrong programme recorded or do programme codes handle that?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 17 08:07 PM
by Yellow[_3_] Go to last post
90 540
Philips with extended accessibility by Brian Gaff
I've been told by several sources that all manufacturers who sell tvs in the USA are now forced to make the voice menu driven, ie they need to speak menus. Philips are making great play on this over here, so the big question is, what is the way to find if these tvs really do have the voice. I bet its not on by default and if its being forced on them by the fcc in the states, surely we...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 17 01:25 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 177
an easy way to share files and a strange thing in a BBC programme by Bill Wright[_3_]
I am helping with a closed user group on Facebook. We have pinned a page to the head of the list that contains links to Dropbox files that are for permanent reference. We don't want the whole darned contents of the files displayed in Facebook because if they are pinned to top of the list it will be a nuisance and if they aren't they will move down and be forgotten. Many of the 150...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 17 01:20 PM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
14 179
2001: A Space Odyssey by Phi
BBC2 @11:15
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 11th 17 07:35 AM
by Bob Latham Go to last post
42 337
Obscure gangster movies. by Ian Field
Anyone remember which gangster movie had a bloke being winched into a meat grinder truck on tracks? Thanks.
July 10th 17 08:08 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
6 120
BBC Iplayer autoplay by Richmond[_2_]
How do I switch off autoplay on the iplayer website? Somewhere in the help I saw something which said you can turn it off in the iplayer settings, but I can't see any iplayer settings. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer (Autoplay is whatever makes the next episode play without asking).
July 10th 17 09:04 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
2 350
Ch4 and 4+1 confusion by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Anyone else experience the Ch4 and 4+1 confusion on Freeview SD this afternoon from Rowridge? I turned on the TV to watch the last 20 minutes of Countdown on Channel 4, only to find "Posh Pawnbrokers" showing on Channel 4+1. On channel 13, Countdown was showing. On 104 HD, Countdown was showing normally. Just in case some channel updates had taken place I retuned the TV, but Ch4 and 4+1...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 9th 17 12:02 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
27 204
Voice controlled tellies by Brian Gaff
So anyone had any experiences with these. Having just got an Amazon Echo, I was wondering if the command set on a tellie also runs to something like BBC I Pleyer Please play me Dr Who with audio description. brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
July 4th 17 09:56 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
8 97
Sound on cbs channels by Brian Gaff
The CBS channels are putting out non audio described versions of ncis and other us series. Howeever the audio is muffled and indistinct. In fact a lot of the time it sounds like mono and with a phase shift as if its an old magnetic tape with an azimuth adjusted incorrectly so you get a suck out of particular frequences where the null occurs. I cannot see the pictures, but if their attantion...
July 2nd 17 11:39 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 106
Dropout on digital audio by Pinnerite
I live in the North London area. I run Kaffeine 1.3-git on my computer. SD Television renders perfectly but radio is diabolical. I rarely access radio stations but it would be convenient. It has never bothered me before but I would like to understand why this should be. -- Mageia 5.1 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.65-desktop-1.mga5
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 17 10:31 PM
by Alan White[_3_] Go to last post
16 221
tv aerial masts by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I am some distance from the tv transmitter, so I may need a masthead amp. I can get into the loft to install an aerial but I'm not brave enough to go on the outside and put an aerial at height. Considering that my signal may already be weak, is it worth trying to DIY an aerial in the loft, or should I just pay someone to fit an external one?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 1st 17 12:08 PM
by Dave W Go to last post
36 427
Parry People Mover by Chris J Dixon
Last week the BBC regional opt-outs all had the theme of "Invented in..." The Midlands version included (about halfway through) a segment on Parry's People Mover, and can be viewed he http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08w1g9n/invented-in-the-midlands Chris --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 30th 17 07:20 PM
by pamela Go to last post
18 300
Red Button Puzzle by Davey
The Red Button service is asking me to test my Cash Machine Knowledge. It credits Getty Images and AndSim (?) for the images. But it fails to explain what images, and how to take the test. Most curious. -- Davey.
June 27th 17 05:48 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 117
BBC Radio Solent. The ghost station... by Brian Gaff
last night after the previous weeks cock ups played their there is a fault music recording from midnight till 1pm as the joining to r5 live was left set to 1pm as per a weekday. This recording including solent station IDs went out on surrey and Sussex as well. Where is the monitoring person? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
June 27th 17 05:21 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 191
Audio return channel by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have a Panasonic TX-55CX680B TV and Onkyo AV TX-SR252 receiver connected via HDMI. If I change the TV's volume with its remote control with the AV receiver off, the on-screen display shows "Volume" with a sliding scale and volume level number which changes, increasing or decreasing as the sound level increases or decreases. If I have the AV receiver on, and use its remote control to...
June 27th 17 04:44 PM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
4 181
CorelDraw 4 by Bill Wright[_3_]
I don't suppose anyone is running this old program? If you are, could you do me a favour? I have five small version 4 files that I need to look at. If someone could convert them to pdfs or jpgs that would be great. Actually cdr v5, 6, 7, and 8 would open them, come to think. I converted dozens of files from v2 to v4 and then about a thousand from v4 to v8, which v12 and 17 will open, but I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 26th 17 10:37 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
11 210